Tommy - The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl? - Chapter 06

Printer-friendly version

Images: eagles_pair.jpg



Tommy
The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl?

A Novel By Teddie S.

Copyright © 2017 Teddie S.
All Rights Reserved.


Chapter 6

Oh, my God! No!

Amy had moved away four years ago, and somehow I’d survived those years of high school. My Cousin Mary helped me by bringing more of Tammy out. Mary and I even had a talk that made me realize how I felt about Amy.

It was a Saturday morning, and my classes at the university started next Wednesday. And I was off on my usual Saturday morning walk. I headed for my favorite park, and it's many trails. And for some reason, I decided to take the trail that went past the lake. I haven't walked this trail since that day, four years ago, when Amy moved away. What drew me to it today? I don't know.

As I walked, I noticed that the trail hadn’t changed much. Why would it? It takes about thirty minutes on the trail to reach the lake, and I had mixed feelings about going this way. Amy and I had many wonderful times there. I almost changed my mind.

As I walked closer to the lake, I saw two Eagles. They flew in from opposite directions and then began flying together. They were probably a pair and came to the lake to fish. As I rounded the last bend in the trail and walked out of the pine forest that surrounded the lake, I saw our bench. The bench that Amy and I had sat on many times. Someone was sitting there. After a few more steps I could tell that the person looked to be a girl. A blond girl. Something made her turn and looked in my direction.

I stopped dead in my tracks. No! No! It can’t be. This girl looks so much like Amy. I had to be seeing things. She would have told me if she was coming home. Wouldn't she? The girl stood and started running towards me. Oh, my God!

I couldn't move. It was Amy! I just stood there, as she ran towards me. The pictures that she had sent had shown that she had matured into a very beautiful woman. But those pictures didn't do her justice. She was downright gorgeous.

She stopped about a foot away from me. We just stood there looking at each other, not saying a word. Then she reached out, took my face in her hands, and kissed me. Not a kiss on the cheek, not a quick kiss on the lips, but a real kiss. I took her in my arms and pulled her closer, and her arms wrapped around my neck pulling us even closer together. I couldn’t explain what I was feeling in this kiss. But it was very very nice, and I didn’t want it to stop.

I had kissed other girls, and I figured that she had kissed other boys. It was the passion that I felt in this kiss. It was so much more than any other kiss I’d ever received. It was unbelievable.

We held that kiss for a long time. When we finally broke it, we looked at each other for a long time.

She smiled, and whispered, “I just knew it would be wonderful.”

“What?”, I asked.

“A kiss shared with you.”

“It was wonderful. Now, just what are you doing here?”

She smiled, and said, “Going to school. Let's sit, and I'll tell you everything.”

She took my hand and led me over to the bench. We sat very close and just looked at each other. I put my arm around her shoulder, pulled her to me, and I couldn't help myself, I kissed her.

When we broke the kiss, I said, “Did you see the Eagles?”

“Yes.”, she said, “Just like last time, two free spirits.”

“Back together. So, tell me?”

With a little smile, she asked, “Tell you what?”

“Why you’re here.”

She took something out of her jacket pocket and handed it to me. It was a letter. It was like all of those letters over the past four years, it was addressed, in her handwriting, to me. I looked at it, and asked, “Is this my weekly letter?”

“Yes.”, she replied. “The last one. And I thought I’d hand deliver it.”

“Last one?”

“I don’t think that I’ll need to write another one.”

“Why?”

“Read it, and you’ll see.”

I opened the letter, and like all of the others, she had written it in a diary style. As I read it, the first few days Amy wrote about getting ready to go away to college. The entries for Wednesday and Thursday talked about the drive to where she was going to college and spending a night in a motel on the way, and then arriving in the town where her college was. The Friday entry talked about doing a day-long orientation at the college, and not much more.

There was a Saturday entry. It puzzled me that there was an entry for today when it hadn’t happened yet, until I read, ‘Today I was able to give Tommy something I’ve wanted to give him for four years. A deep, intense, loving kiss.’

I looked at Amy, and said, “That was some kiss. Now, why are you here?”

“I wanted to surprise you.”

“You accomplished that.”

“Keep reading.”

As usual, the end of the letter had a bunch of cute personal things in it. At the very end, it said, ‘Today I also get to tell Tommy something that I've known for years.’ She signed it ‘I’m so happy to be back where I belong. Love Amy.’

It was the first time that she had signed it, ‘Love Amy.’ I looked at her, she appeared to be a little nervous, and I asked, “It says here that you’re going to tell me something that you’ve known for years. What is it?”

She turned, looked me in the eyes, and in a shy way said, “Tommy Young. You don't know how much I've missed you these four years. Yes, I've dated other guys, but none could make me feel the way you do. I've thought about you every day. You've been in my dreams. In my heart. I've wanted to be with you. To have you hold me. To share kisses with you. I just hope that we're never apart again. … Tommy, I love you with all my heart.”

I saw tears in her eyes. I carefully wiped her tears away, and took her face in my hands, looked her in the eyes, and said, “Amy. If it’s anywhere close to how much I’ve missed you, I know how you feel. You were also in my dreams. And, Amy, I also love you so very much. Just holding you in my arms again is so wonderful that I can’t describe it.”

We kissed.

How long that kiss lasted? I don’t know or care. It was the sweetest thing ever.

Then we sat there for more than an hour and talked. Amy never did tell me about where she was going to college. I finally said, “Wait. Your letter talked about getting ready to go away to college. Where are you going?”

She smiled, and said, “Haven’t you figured it out yet? Go back and re-read Friday.”

I went back and read her entry for Friday, and it talked about arriving in the town that she was going to college in and going to orientation. I looked at her, and said, “You are just so bad.”

She was going here, and it had to be the same university I was going to because it was the only university here. Then I asked her, “Okay. What are you going to be studying?”

“Nursing.”, she replied.

I knew right then that I’d be spending a lot of time on campus. I also found out that she had spent last night at Maria’s house, and her parents, who had brought her here, where at a hotel. We also talked about a lot of other stuff.

Finally, I looked at my watch and saw what time it was, and I said, “Let's get back to my house, and you can surprise my parents. We can also see what my mother can do for lunch.”

“Sounds good.”, she said. “It’ll be good to see your mom and dad again. I’ll bet they’ll be surprised.”

“How did you get to the park?”

“I walked from Maria’s house. It’s not far.”

We walked, hand in hand, back to my house. As we walked up to my house, there was a strange car in the driveway with Minnesota license plates. As we walked into the house, I heard strange voices coming from the den.

We walked towards to the den. And as we walked in, along with my parents, there was Amy’s mom and dad.

My mother saw us standing there, smiled, and said, “Hi kids.”

“Ah.”, I said. “Hi ... Mom. Dad. Mr. and Mrs. Grant.”

“Surprise!”

Looking at my mother, I asked, “Did you guys know about all of this?”

“Yes. Honey we did. Come and join us.”

I looked around, and the only two seats left in the den were two overstuffed chairs. Then, I looked at my parents, who were sitting on the love seat. My dad asked, “Something wrong son?”

“No sir.”, I replied. “We’ll sit in the chairs.”

“Would you like to sit here?”

“Yeah. That might be nice.”

“Come on Jean. Let's let the kids have the ... love seat.”

My parents moved to the overstuffed chairs, and Amy and I sat on the love seat. I looked at my parents, and asked, “So you guys knew about Amy coming here for college?”

My mother smiled, and said, “Yes honey. Amy’s mother and I wrote all the time. And when Amy insisted on coming here to the university, and she decided that she wanted to surprise you, we all worked on it.”

“So, you, dad, and Maria knew all about this and kept it secret?”

“It wasn’t easy keeping it from you. When we told Amy that you were still going for your walks in the parks on Saturday mornings, she planned to surprise you at your favorite place in the park. When you left this morning, I called Maria’s house and told Amy that you’d just left.”

“Ah. You do know, that until today, I haven’t walked the trail that goes past the lake since Amy and I were there four years ago.”

Amy looked at me, and said, “What!”

“Yeah. Right after you left, that day four years ago, I needed to go for a walk. I walked to the park and took the lake trail. When I made it to the lake, I just stood there and looked at the bench, remembering a lot of things. Then I just ran home, and I have never been on that trail or at the lake until today. And I still don’t know why I did it today."

“And you have no idea why you chose that trail today?”

“No. I just looked at the trail signs and took the lake trail. Even though I’d made up my mind four years ago to not walk it again without you.”

“You haven’t gone there in four years. Why?”

“Because it was our special place. And I didn’t want to go there without you.”

I saw tears in Amy’s eyes, and said, “Don’t cry.”

“It’s that it’s just so sweet.”

“Do you remember when I said that ‘so long’ didn’t mean forever?”

“Uh huh.”

“Was I right?”

“Uh huh.”

I think that we’d both forgotten that our parents were sitting there until my mother faked a cough, and said, “Well Betty what do you think?”

With a grin, Amy’s mother said, “Yeah. It’s puppy love.”

“Mother!”, Amy said.

“Sorry honey. Seeing that after four years of being apart, that you two still feel the same about each other. Plus, amazingly, you two wrote to each other every week for four years. We feel that it might mean you are supposed to be together. And it isn’t puppy love.”

Then Amy’s father added, “That’s one of the reasons that when Amy was accepted at a number of universities, including the one here, and she insisted on coming here, that we didn’t fight her. Besides, there’s a chance that I might be transferred back here.”

“Daddy! Really?”, Amy said.

“Yes, honey. The current manager is retiring soon, and I'm in line for that position.”

Then my mother said, “Anyone for lunch?”

I said, “Sure. What are you going to make?”

“We’re going out. My treat.”, my dad said.

We went out and had a very nice lunch, and talked the whole time about things that happened over the past four years. Our meal lasted two hours.

During lunch, Amy mentioned that Maria wanted to meet us at the big picnic pavilion in the park at three. When we were back at the house, I took Amy out to the garage, and she saw the ‘57 Chevy for the first time. She couldn't get over how good I took care of it. I put the top down, helped her into the car, and made her fasten her seat belt. The center seat belt in the front seat. You didn't think I was going to let her sit on the other side of the car, did you? I wanted her sitting right next to me.

The only problem with this car is, it’s a stick shift. So, I couldn’t drive with my arm around her. But I still had her sitting right next to me, and that was wonderful. We drove over to the park, and to the parking area for the big picnic pavilion. There were a few cars there. We parked, and as we walked, hand in hand, up to the picnic pavilion we saw a number of our friends. Then we saw the banner that said, ‘Welcome back Amy. We missed you.’

I looked at Amy, and asked, “Did you know about this?”

“No.”, Amy replied. “Maria just asked that we meet her here at three.”

Of course, there were lots of hugs and welcome backs. Maria had even arranged for a welcome home cake and drinks. We sat around, listened to music, and talked. At one point, I took Maria aside, and asked, “How did you keep this a secret?”

“It wasn’t easy.”, she said. “I almost let it slip the other night.”

Then Maria, asked, “Now, do you believe what I told you about where her heart was?”

I just nodded yes.

Then she said, “You know something. She knew where your heart was too.”

I just smiled.

Then Maria said, “Don’t tell her I told you this. But you’d never believe how nervous she was about seeing you again. She was afraid that you wouldn't like her.”

“You are kidding me?”

“No. She was almost in tears this morning waiting for your mother’s call. And she didn’t sleep much last night.”

“It was amazing seeing her again. Not like her. I loved seeing her again.”

This was a great welcome home party. Then Amy and I spent the rest of Saturday together just getting reacquainted. We drove around a little bit, and she saw some of the changes around town. I did stop every once in awhile so that I could steal a kiss. The more we kissed, the sweeter her kisses became.

We stopped at a local drive-in for dinner. Everyone there gave the ‘57 Chevy a good look. As we sat eating, Amy said, “I missed doing things like this with you over the past four years.”

“I know. I did too.”, I said. “I would have loved to have gone to the prom with you.”

“You did go. Didn’t you?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because you wouldn’t have been on my arm.”

“That’s so sweet.”

“It’s true. I just didn’t want to go without you.”

She cuddled up close to me, I put my arm around her, and we just sat there. Since Amy wasn’t staying with Maria tonight, I took her to the hotel where her parents were staying and said goodnight to the three of them.

On Sunday morning, Amy’s parents and I helped move her into her dorm room, and we met, Jill, her roommate. Then as Amy and her mother were setting up her room, her dad talked me into taking him for a ride in the Chevy.

Amy and I then spent the afternoon wandering the campus finding out where all of our classes would be and looking for the lover's spots. As we were sitting in one of those spots, she asked, “How's Tammy?”

I smiled at her, and replied, “I thought that you’d forgotten about her.”

“No way lover. She’s a lot of fun.”

“Even though we never went anywhere.?”

“Sure. The best part was seeing another side of you. One that was nicer and sweeter then your male side, if that's possible. Seeing a very handsome boy turn into a pretty girl, with no sign of the boy, was amazing.

“I’ll bet that you’d even make a pretty co-ed.”

“No bet. Not if what my cousin tells me is true.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I’ve almost mastered makeup, and my wardrobe has expanded. Plus, Mary has been able to get me out of the house a few times, and we’ve had fun.”

“I can’t wait to see her again.”

“Who. Tammy or Mary?”

“Both.”

“Well, I know we can find Tammy. We’re having dinner with our parents tonight, so how about tomorrow after your mom and dad leave for home.”

Since Amy’s mother and father wanted to get an early start tomorrow, we were meeting them very early for breakfast. So, I took Amy back to her dorm reasonably early, if you can call Midnight early.

On Monday morning at six, I picked Amy up at her dorm. Just how can someone be so cute and perky at that hour of the morning? I guess it’s contagious, not the cute part, but the perky part. As soon as we’d shared a good morning kiss, I felt awake and alive. I said, “I want one of those every morning?”

“What, a kiss?”, Amy asked.

“Yeah. It woke me up and made me feel good.”

She just smiled. Then, she said, “That roommate of mine is weird.”

“Weird. Weird it what way.”

“She is so straight laced that if she smiled, I think her face would crack. All of her things are neatly folded and put perfectly in place. Her clothes look like they're hung exactly one inch apart in the closet. And I’d swear she irons her underwear.”

We had a nice breakfast with Amy's parents, and as we were saying goodbye, her mother whispered to me, “I know I don't have to say this, but please take good care of my daughter.”

I whispered, “You know I will. I’ll even promise you that I will.”

As we were waving goodbye, and Amy yelled, “Bye mom and dad. Have a safe trip. See you at Thanksgiving.”

As I waved, I yelled, “Bye mom and dad.”

Her mom gave me a little smile, and Amy asked, “What did you just say?”

“I just told your mom and dad goodbye. Why?”, I asked.

“Did you say, mom and dad?”

“Yeah.”

I received a soft punch in the arm, as she said, “You are so bad.”

Amy and I were at my house at around eight-thirty. My dad had already left for work, and my mother was about to get ready for work. As we walked into the kitchen, my mother asked Amy, “Did your mom and dad get off okay?”

“Yes.”, Amy replied. “It’s going to be strange not having them around.”

“I know honey. You know that you can call our home your home while you’re here. You will always be welcome here.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Young. That's sweet.”

“So, what are you two going to do today?”

“I think I’m going to get reacquainted with Tammy. It’ll be fun to just hang out with her again.”

“Don’t you need to get your books for class?”, I asked Amy.

“Oh yeah. I guess I do. Did you get yours?”, she replied.

“I did most of that last week. There’s one class that I have to go to first. Maybe we need to think about getting your books before Tammy comes over.”

“Why doesn’t Tammy go to the bookstore with me?”

“Ah. I don’t know.”

“Oh please?”

“Tommy.”, my mother said. “You know Tammy has been out a few times, and she’s been comfortable those times.”

“I know mom.”, I said. “There will be a lot of kids there, and I’d be close to them. I ... I just don’t know.

“Didn’t your cousin tell you that you need to believe in yourself?”

“I guess.”

Amy looked at me with those gorgeous blue eyes of hers in a way that would melt a statue’s heart, and said, “Please.”

“Okay. Okay. I guess that I’m outvoted.”

While my mother and Amy chatted, I went to find Tammy.

After putting on my underwear and slipping the forms into my bra, I took my white long sleeve top and peddle pushers out of my closet, and slipped them on. I retrieved my red scarf from my chest of drawers and tied it around my neck. Next came my pair of tan flats. I grabbed my wig, and my makeup case, and went to my parent's room. I carefully put my wig on and brushed it out a little. Then I opened my makeup case, and went with a less is more approach. A light touch of eyebrow pencil, also a light touch of mascara, a little powder, and red lipstick. Then I slipped my glasses on.

I had something in a special place in my makeup case. I took it out, looked at it, and smiled. It was the necklace that Amy had given me, that day four years ago when she’d moved away. I'd worn it every time that I was Tammy in the past four years. And I was going to wear it today, so I fastened it around my neck.

I looked in the mirror and looking back at me was the co-ed version of Tammy. I smiled and thought, ‘I bet Amy is going to like you.’

I took my makeup case back to my room, put my makeup in my purse, and started out of my door. Then I stopped and called out to my mother, “Mom. Can I borrow some jewelry?”

“Sure honey. You know where it is.”, she called back.

I went back to my mother's room and looked through her jewelry. I picked out a couple of rings that fit. I put them on, then looked at her earrings. Nothing interested me.

I just closed her jewelry case and walked back towards the kitchen. I stopped at the kitchen door, my mother saw me and smiled. Amy turned around, saw me, and just stared. I asked her, “Is something wrong?”

“No. Nothing at all.”, Amy replied. “I thought you looked good four years ago, but honey you look fantastic. And those glasses. Hi, sexy. And ... And you’re wearing the necklace.”

“Of course I am. I've worn it every time that I’ve been Tammy.”

I saw tears in Amy’s eyes. And asked, “Why the tears?”

Amy said. “I love you so much.”

My mother did one of her fake coughs, then stood, and said, “Excuse me, kids. I have something that Tammy just might like. I’ll be right back.”

“Did we embarrass her?”, Amy asked.

“Maybe. But only a little.”, I replied.

“So you wore the necklace all the time?”

“Uh huh. It reminded me of you and of how much I missed you.”

“You are just so sweet.”

We heard my mother walking back towards us, so we cooled it. My mother came back carrying her whole jewelry case and dug around until she found what she was looking for. She handed them to me, and said, “I know you don’t like what I have in the way of earrings, but I just remembered that I had these ear cuffs. They just slip over your ear. Here let me show you.”

Mom took one of the ear cuffs and slipped it over the outer edge of my ear. The jewelry case has a built-in mirror, and I looked at my ear with the cuff on it. It was cute, it had four gold loops attached to a bar, and a pattern etched on each loop.

Amy looked at it, and said, “That is so cute. I have to get me some of those.”

I took the other one and placed it on my other ear. Then Amy said, “You know, if you'd wear your hair behind one of your ears those ear cuffs would look so cool.”

“She’s right.”, my mother said.

“Would that look good with my wig?”, I asked.

“It might. Want to try.”

“Sure.”

The three of us went to my mother's room, and my mom had me sit at her dressing table. She fussed with my hair and put one side behind my ear. She looked at it, and said, “I don't think this will work with the way your sideburns are.”

I asked, “What would I need to do?”

“If you want it to look better than it does now, let your hair grow longer and don't trim your sideburns.”

I gave up on that look, and a half an hour later, Amy and I were walking from the parking lot to the university's bookstore. As I figured there would be, there was a line waiting to get inside. So, we stood in the line. Of course standing in line gave all the guys a chance to give us both a good looking over. Amy took it in stride, but it made me uncomfortable. Amy picked up on me being uncomfortable, and she whispered, “Honey. Relax and get used to being looked at by all the guys. You are a very cute co-ed, and they get looked at all the time.”

“I hate this.”, I whispered back.

“Then either stop being Tammy or stop going out.”

“You know that the first won’t happen, and I doubt that the second will either. I like going out.”

“Then you're going to have to get used to it.”

It took almost an hour for us to get into the bookstore, and another hour to work our way around and find all the books that Amy needed. And as university books are, it was like paying off the national debt when we paid for them.

As we were putting the books in the car, a car pulled into the parking spot next to us on Amy’s side, and I heard someone say, “Hi Amy.” I knew that voice.

Then I heard Amy say, “Oh hi Larry.”

Oh God, it’s our friend Larry. I tried to hide.

Then I heard Larry say, “Isn’t this Tom’s car?”

“Yeah.”, Amy said.

“Where is he?”

“Home.”

“Wow. Tom let you drive the Chevy?”

“Not me. His Cousin Tammy.”

Larry must have seen me, and is one that doesn’t keep his thoughts to himself, he said, “This fox is Tom’s cousin! Where’s he been hiding her.”

“Tommy was going to bring us but had to do something else. So, he let Tammy drive.”

“He let her drive!?”

“They’re very close. And Tom trusts her.”

“He won’t even let me drive it. Tell him I said hi, and that I’ll see him later.”

“Okay, Larry. See you later.”

I watched as Larry parked his car and headed towards the bookstore. I looked at Amy, and said, “That was just too close.”

“It wasn’t that close.”, Amy said. “He saw you, and it didn’t register.”

“Yeah. Too close. Larry had a good look at me. I guess Tammy just can’t drive the Chevy. And where did Cousin Tammy come from?”

“Out of the blue.”

“I hope it worked?”

We drove over to Amy’s dorm to drop off her books. We walked in and ran upstairs to her room. As we were walking down the hall, there were a couple of girls running around in only panties and bras. Then it hit me, this is a girls only dorm, and no guys are supposed to be here, except during move in time. And that was over.

Amy's roommate wasn't in their room when we walked in, and I said, “I shouldn't be here.”

“Why?”, Amy asked.

“This is a girl’s only dorm.”

She looked at me in a puzzled way, then said, “You’re not a girl? You sure look like one to me.”

“Sometimes I just forget that I’m dressed this way.”

“Are you getting too comfortable looking like a girl?”

“No. It’s just that the clothes are so comfortable, and I forget that I’m wearing them. It just feels natural. But my guy brain kicks in once in a while. Like seeing those girls in only panties and bras.”

“Look you. Stop looking. Your mine.”

“Can’t I just look, and not buy?”

She walked up to me, took my face in her hands, and kissed me. When we broke the kiss, she grinned, and said, “No!”

I took her in my arms and kissed her. The kiss lasted a long time, and we didn't hear the key in the door. We saw the door open and quickly broke the kiss. But Jill was standing there, and she stammered, “Oh! ... Oh! Gosh ... I’m ... I’m ... I’m sorry.” She quickly backed out of the room, closing the door as she went.

Amy said, “Oops. This is going to take some explaining.”

“What are you going to tell her?”, I asked.

“I’m not sure, but we need to fix our makeup, and get out of here.”

As we walked out of the dorm, we saw Jill in the lobby. The look we received wasn’t good.

We headed back to my house and fixed a late lunch. Afterward, Amy asked, “Can we sit on the porch and cuddle?”

“Sure. I’ll go change.”

“No, you won't.” She grabbed my hand, pulled me out to the porch, and we sat on the glider. She then cuddled up to me, and I just held her.

After we were sitting there for a bit, I asked, “What are you going to tell Jill if she asks?”

“Oh. Jill will ask.”, Amy said. “I don’t know what I’ll tell her. I could tell her about you, or just that I’m just a lesbian.”

“Ah. I hope you don’t tell her either one.”

“Maybe I am a lesbian.”

“No, you're not.”

“I do love Tammy.”

“Tammy and Tommy are one in the same.”

With a twinkle in her eyes, she said, “That’s confusing.”

With a smile, I said, “Well. While you're figuring out what you're going to tell Jill, I’m going to do this.”

I grabbed Amy, pulled her to me, and kissed her. A nice long deep kiss. Other things happened on that glider that afternoon that had never happened before. I’m glad that the porch is fairly secluded. I’m not going into detail, except to say that I now know what real breasts feel like.

Our intense petting session lasted a good long time. We’d only been back together three days, after being apart for four years, and we needed to get reacquainted and catch up.

As we sat there holding each other, I asked, “Are you sure you’re not a lesbian?”

“Yes. I’m sure.”, she said. “Why?”

“Look at me, and what we just did.”

“Yeah. So?”

“Don’t I look like a girl?”

“Yeah.”

“After what we’ve just done. Don’t you think it’s a little strange?”

“No. I know who I just made out with, I don’t care if he looks like a boy or a girl. No matter what, it’s my Tommy.”

“So, you don’t have a problem kissing a girl?”

“Only if you’re the girl.”

As we were straightening ourselves up, Amy told me, “I don’t think I’m going to like dorm life.”

“Why?”, I asked.

“I'm a private person, and I like to have some privacy. As you saw, you don't have much in a dorm. Everyone shares the bathroom. You may end up showering with a bunch of other girls, and I just don't like the idea.”

With a big grin, I said, “You’re a lesbian. You should love it.”

As she said, “You are just so bad.”, Amy punched me in the arm.

“I love you too.”

That evening we were going to have dinner at our favorite drive-in. I became Tom, while Amy cleaned up.

As we pulled into our favorite drive-in, some of our friends were there. So, we parked next to them. A carhop quickly ran up to us, took our order, and ran back to place it. As we were waiting for our food, we were talking to our friends on either side of us.

Then Larry pulled in. He parked his car, and walked over to us, and said, “Hi guys, how’s it goin’?” Then he climbed into the back seat of the Chevy.

“Great.”, I replied.

“Turn your headlights on. I’m hungry.”

I did as he asked, a carhop ran out and took his order. Then the questions started.

Larry said, “I saw Amy and this other fox on campus today, and they were driving your car.”

“Yeah.”, I said. “That was my Cousin Tammy.”

“You let her drive this cherry ride of yours.”

“Sure. We’re very close. Besides Tammy is a good driver.”

“I didn’t know you had a fox like that for a cousin?”

“She lives out of town, and doesn’t get over here much.”

“Man you’ve got to hook me up with her.”

“I’d be careful.”

“Why. Doesn’t she like boys.”

“No. She has a boyfriend that's bigger than Jim Lewis. And he doesn't like it when other guys try to make a move on her.”

“Oh.”

Larry then became quiet. And Amy said, “That’s who’s missing. Jim Lewis. Where is he?”

“One of the Big Ten schools offered him a football scholarship, and he took it. So, he’s been there at football camp. He may be back around Christmas.”

“Wow. That’s great. Which school.”

“I'm not going to say the name, but their colors are maize and blue, and they have this nasty little animal as a namesake.”

“Oh. That school. The school up north.”

We ate our food, and then all went over to the park and hung out until dark. Then, Amy and I, and a few of the other couples headed to one of the places where lovers park. We sat there, and she and I became further re-acquainted. The local fuzz showed up at about eleven and chased us out. We all have a good relationship with the cops. In fact, they would sometimes sit and talk with us.

It was still early, like eleven, so Amy and I went on campus and found one of the lover's spots, that wasn't already occupied, sat, and cuddled till about midnight. Then I walked her to her dorm.

We shared a long goodnight kiss.

~o~O~o~

AttachmentSize
Image icon eagles_pair.jpg86.5 KB
up
345 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you

Setsuna's picture

Thank you for writing this wonderfull story. You are one of my favorite authors. Your stories always make me feel good, even if the characters are struggling at times. Reading your stories makes me forget reality and often it get's really late (sometimes I read until 4 am) because I'm so hooked. Please keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying Tammy's story. My favorite story is "A Year in my life" and it would be awesome, if there were a continuation of it. It seems there are still a lot of open plot lines. Nevertheless I'm enjoying all of your stories.

Thanks, Setsuna. It's great

Thanks, Setsuna. It's great knowing when someone enjoys your writing. I've thought of a sequel to "A Year in my life", but haven't been able to put it together. Yet. Maybe sometime in the future, my muse will see fit to continue that story. It's one of my favorites too.

Teddie

What's Going To Happen

littlerocksilver's picture

... when the fit hits the shan?

Portia

Better and better!

Don't know how you do it, but it just does. Loved the reunion and reacquaintance. I hope they use protection. Neither one is very experienced. Keep giving us more chapters.

You devoted fan,

Santacruzman

Now I'm left wondering two

Now I'm left wondering two things. First is when will Tammy just come out fully and begin college as a Co-ed? Second, why doesn't Tommy's parents just invite Amy to come and live with their family instead of in the dorm? They are all almost family as it is now, and they all know how the two are so closely "knitted together", and I do believe always will be.
Regarding the two Eagles, they are a bird species that mate for life, so very likely the two Amy and Tommy have seen and saw again when they re-united at the lake are the same pair they saw four years earlier.

Yes, Eagles do mate for life.

Yes, Eagles do mate for life. And I put them in the story to indicate our couple's life. On our couples last time at the lake four years ago the Eagles flew off in different directions and on the day they got back together, the Eagles were together.

Stick Shifts

TheCropredyKid's picture

The only problem with this car is, it's a stick shift. So I couldn't drive with my arm around her.

If she's sitting in the middle of the bench seat, the stick would be pretty much between her knees.

So any reasonably-enterprising boy would probably figure out where to rest his hand between shifts...

 
 
 
x

Nope. It was on the column

Nope. It was on the column unless there was an aftermarket modification.

Their fate is sealed

Jamie Lee's picture

Four years ago everyone but two saw the love which existed between the "just best friends." Four years later the "just best friends" accept the truth seen those years ago, and admit it to the other. And themselves.

If Jill is that straight lace then it isn't a good idea to explain Tammy to her, she might come unglued. On the other hand, if the high side of the truth isn't told Jill will continue to believe Amy is a lesion. Perhaps the three need to sit down and get to know Jill better, get the feel for her likes and dislikes, what she believes and if it's determined she won't blow a gasket tell her about Tammy.

Does Tommy know something he hasn't asked Amy yet, by saying mom and dad to her parents as they left?

Was it a good idea to give Larry that tall tale? What will happen the next time Amy and Tammy are out and about and run into Larry?

Tommy has admitted Tammy is part of who he is, so maybe it's time he stop worried if others learn about Tammy. His friends have proven time and again that they are his friends, and just might welcome Tammy as they welcomed him.

Others have feelings too.