You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 15 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Valentina woke-up with her leg hurting her. It was 6:00 am and raining outside. She gets up and limps towards the bathroom to do her business. Afterwards, she heads towards the kitchen and fixes herself a cup of coffee and toast. Crystal had told her that their office didn’t open till eight.

She sits down at her laptop and brings up all the information she had on the person responsible for her sister’s death. His name was Pablo Rubin and was a member of the local chapter of Piru street gang here in Knoxville, Tn. They weren’t very big, but they did help traffic drugs through the state. He was the one that was responsible for selling her sister the bad cocaine.

The person responsible for getting her sister hooked was a businessman by the name of Roger Van Jones. He owns a talent agency that acts as an escort service that her sister had worked and model at. He hooked the women that worked for him up with lonely businessmen looking for female companionship.

It took her awhile to gather this much information. She takes a sip of her coffee as she leans back in her chair. It was left over from when her uncle ran this warehouse. It was still in good condition and was comfortable to sit in. She glances towards the clock sitting on the desk and it was only 6:45 am.

She finishes her coffee and gets the money she took from the drug dealer last night and counted it. The amount she took from him was $5,000.00. Altogether, she had $5,200.00 dollars in cash and several rocks of cocaine. She takes a hundred dollars out of the folded bills and locks the rest up in the old style safe her uncle left here at the warehouse. It still worked, and she knew the combination for it.

Once she put the money away. She goes ahead and gets dress. She slips on a pair of stretch pants and an oversized shirt to hide her large breast. Once she is dress and made-up. She tucks her handgun in her purse and pulls her bus pass out. She had googled the location of K&P Bounty Services and knew what bus she needed to catch.

The bus was just pulling up as she made it to the bus stop. She puts her bus pass in the coin machine and takes a seat on the left-hand side of the bus. She had a car she kept in the warehouse. It was a 1968 Plymouth HEMI Road Runner she had rebuilt from the ground up. She had found the car in a junkyard and rebuilt it back to factory specs. She just sits quietly and watches as the bus headed towards the location she wanted to go.

K&P Bounty Services:
Crystal had gotten up early and stopped at Krispy Kreme doughnuts. She knew how much the gang liked hot glazed doughnuts. She had picked up two dozen for the office. She uses her key to unlock the door and put the doughnuts down on a nearby desk. She rushes over towards the security panel and disarms the alarm system. It was 7:30 am and she knew Carol and Kat’s family won’t be arriving until 8 am.

She putters around the office eating a doughnut. She walks over and fixes herself a cup of coffee and head towards her desk to wait for everyone to show up. She looks through a law enforcement supply magazine sitting at her desk. She needed to pick-up some more pepper spray.

Carol pulls into an empty parking spot and notices that the lights were already on inside the office. She looks around and spots Crystals gray 2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL.

“I wonder why she is her so early.” Carol checks the door and it was unlocked.

She walks inside and notices Crystal at her desk eating a doughnut and drinking coffee. She spots the doughnuts boxes sitting on the counter near the coffee machine.

“What brings you to this early?” Carol walks over to her own desk and set her stuff down.

“I woke up early and decided to treat everyone to some freshly made doughnuts.” Crystal licks her fingers to get the icing off them.

Carol walks over and takes two doughnuts for herself and makes a coffee as well. As she is fixing her coffee. She hears the front door of the office ring as it is opened.

Valentina
The bus Valentina was on stops a couple of shops down from the address of K&P Bounty services. Valentina notices that the building looked like it at one time. Use to be a Rent-A-Center or something. She has seen a few of them go out of business. She notices that Crystal's car was there, and another car was parked next to hers. She walks up to the front door of the place and goes inside. She hears a ringing noise when the door opens.

Valentina looks around the place as she walks inside. There were potted plants and pictures. There were black leather chairs and sofa in a reception area. The door that leads to the back was opened and she saw Crystal walking towards her.

Crystal had heard the front door ring, so she headed towards the front and sees Valentina walk in.

“Hey Valentina, the boss isn’t here yet, but if you want to come in the back with me. We have fresh doughnuts and coffee.”

“Sure, thank you.” Valentina follows Crystal towards the back.

Crystal takes Valentina over towards the small kitchen and lets her grab a few doughnuts.

“What type of coffee do you like? We have all sorts.” Crystal shows her the selection they had.

Valentina looks over the selection they had. She selects the Hawaiian style coffee. She had it once and fell in love with it.

Crystal shows Valentina how to use the coffee machine and once the coffee is done. She escorts Valentina over to her desk.

Carol was busy filing away paperwork on the bounties they have already completed. She had checked the company email account. No one had sent any emails asking for them to go and collect on any outstanding warrants.

Kat and Family:
Kat had been woken by the twins crying. She had gotten up and taken care of them. She was just happy that the cast on her arms was off. She was still building up strength in them. She gets the girls up and dresses and off to school. She puts the twins in the stroller as she gets Paul out of bed.

“Come on lazy. We have an office to run.” Kat pulls Paul out of bed.

Paul gets up and heads towards the bathroom to do his morning business and get dress. Kat makes coffee for both to take with them. Once that was done. She heads out to the armored SUV, instead of the new one they got and start it up. She gets the twins secure in their car seats.

Paul finally comes out after arming the security system on the house. He gets in and notices his travel mug and hers was already in the SUV.
Kat drives them to the office without hitting anyone. A few people had tried to cut her off and she had blocked them with the SUV. She didn’t care, the thing was armored. When Kat pulls into the parking lot. She notices Crystals car was already at the office. She parks the SUV next to Crystal's car and head inside with the twins.

Valentina was talking with Crystal when she notices a woman with kitty cat ears and tail come walking into the office through the back door.
She has never seen anyone like her before, except on an anime cartoon. She was pushing a baby stroller in front of her. Following behind her was a tall muscular man with short black hair.

Valentina leans towards Crystal “is that your boss?”

“Yep, that’s my bosses and Brittney’s parents.”

“I can also hear you two whispering as well.” Kat couldn’t help it. Her hearing was enhanced.

Kat walks over towards Crystals desk. The woman before her looked like a porn star, but which one she couldn’t remember. She remembered catching one of their bounties watching a porn video when she captured him.

“You must be Valentina. I’m Kat Sedberry- Romano and the big lug behind me is my husband and partner, Paul Romano. Crystal and my daughter Brittney told me last night you are looking for the man responsible for killing your sister with some bad drugs. Normally, this isn’t something we do, but my daughter begged me to help you. Before I help you. I want to know why you rob that drug pusher last night?” Kat was watching Valentina see if she was going to lie to her.

“I robbed him and took what drugs he had because he has been selling poisoned drugs to people. I know it won’t stop him from getting more drugs, but at least I saved some people’s lives last night.” Valentina didn’t think she could lie to this woman.

Carol comes over and takes the twins and put them in their playpen. She puts their milk in the refrigerator. Once the milk was put away. She puts the diaper bag over at Kat’s and Paul’s desk.

“I’ll be honest with you Valentina. Normally, I just do bail jumpers. However, I’m willing to help you find out who killed your sister and bring the person to justice. The only way I can do this legally is if we get a Private Investigator’s license for the business. “

“I can help you with some of the research. I already know the men responsible for the murder of my sister.” Valentina pulls out the thumb drive she saved the information on.

She hands the thumb drive to Kat “all the information you need is on that thumb drive.”

Kat looks at the thumb drive. She hands it to Paul to bring it up on their desktop. She turns her attention back to Valentina.

Valentina looks at Kat “all I ask in return is to be involve and be there when you arrest those men.”

“How about this. Since this is your case. I will sponsor and help you get your PI license. While you are getting your license, we will see about arresting these men.” Kat had done some research while taking care of the babies this morning.

She would need to get a PI business license for the office before anyone could get their PI license. She and Paul could be grandfathered in for as long as they have been Bounty Hunters. All they had to do was go down to the testing center and take the test. They didn’t have to take any courses to get their license.

Valentina thinks about the offer. She looks at Kat “how much am I going to be paid working for you?”

“$25.00 dollars an hour, plus expenses. We’re going to charge clients $45.00 per hour, plus expenses. That will be our going rate for any PI work we do.”

“How much do you normally charge clients for bounty hunting?” Valentina was curious.

“That is a case by case situation. The going rate is ten percent of the bail. So, if the bail is $2,500.00. The person get $250.00 dollars for the captured bounty. However, I charge twenty percent of the bail.”

“Will I need to get a Bounty Hunter’s license as well?” Valentina wonders how much that will be.

“Only if you want to. You can just do PI work, or you can do both. That goes for everyone else as well.” Kat looks around the office at whoever was there.

“Alright, I’ll come to work for you, if you help me put the men responsible for my sister in jail.” Valentina wanted those men.

“Welcome to K&P Services Valentina.” Kat sticks her hand out to shake.

Valentina shakes Kat’s hand.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well looks

Samantha Heart's picture

Like they have a new business to get into & i go to K&P Services next i really enjoyed this story as it tells what the drone was for & mole hunt & the person alis Mr. Jones got captured & well eventually killed by Jack & Cheshire lol

Love Samantha Renée Heart.