You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Kat was loading up her SUV when she gets a call on her office cell.

“Hello?”

“Good morning Mrs. Kathrine Sedberry, this is Julia Bounty with Boulder Police Department. We meet at the Boris bust. I’m calling you to warn you that Agent Jones isn’t a real FBI agent. He’s working with the Russian mafia.”

“Dam, how about Deputy Marshal Edward Bullock? Is he on the up and up?” Kat was looking towards Paul as he helps get everything loaded up into the plane.

“He’s on the up and up. I called the local Marshal office and described him to them. They verified his credentials. You can trust him, but watch your back. Agent Jones sent a hit team to take me and my cousin out. So, keep an eye out for the fakes.”

“Thanks for the tip, Officer Bounty.”

“You’re welcome. Have a nice day.”

Kat ends the call.

“What was that about?” Paul had caught the end of the conversation.

“We’re dealing with the Russian Mafia. Officer Bounty was calling to warn us that a hit team might be coming after us.” Kat couldn’t believe that this was happening.

“Why would the Russian Mafia be coming after us?” Paul couldn’t figure this out.

“Because of Agent Jones. He’s not a FBI agent according to Officer Bounty. She said that he sent a hit team after her and her cousin.” Kat
wasn’t liking this.

“We’ll they won’t be dumb enough to attack us here. That leaves either our place or the airfield when we land.” Paul checks the security camera at the house.

So, far everything looked to be in place.

Kat sends a text to her sister warning her about the fake FBI and to keep an eye out. She also sends another one to her daughter warning her
as well. Once she was done with sending the text to her sister and daughter. Kat heads onto the plane and takes a seat as it taxies down the runway. Once it is in the air, she relaxes and wonders if they are going to be waiting for them when they land.

“Mom, is everything okay?” Brittney could tell something was bothering her mother and father.

Luke and Alexa had noticed it as well. Crystal was staying near Brittney.

Kat looks at everyone “do you guys remember Agent Jones from the FBI?”

They all shake their heads yes.

“Well, it seems he isn’t a FBI agent, but someone that works for the Russian Mafia. He has put a hit out on officer Bounty and her cousin. She called to warn me about the possibility that he may put a hit out on us, since we were the ones that arrested Boris.”

“But we don’t have Boris. Deputy Marshal Bullock and the other Marshal that was there. His partner Deputy Marshal Arron Westen. Boris
should be on his way to the nearest Federal prison.”

“Do we know who Agent Jones is really?” Paul looks towards his wife.

“I have Morgana working on it. She’s running the picture I sent her.” Kat hadn’t heard back from Morgana yet.

“Hopefully she finds something so we can use to go after him.” Brittney wanted to capture him.

“You’re not going anywhere sweetheart. You’re staying with your Uncle until we find this guy and put him away. If he is going to send a hit team after us, I say we capture them and apply some old fashion pressure to them.”

A smile comes to Luke’s face at the mention of old fashion pressure. He knew a few ways to torture someone. Alexa just shakes her head.

“We could get Lev to help, after all he is former Spetsnaz.” Paul figures he might be good to have on their side.

“Rebecca will kill me if something happens to him.” Kat didn’t want to jeopardize her relationship with Rebecca.

“She might, but then again he could be useful. He might have contacts in the Russian government that could help us.” Paul was looking at his wife.

“True, if he still has any friends or contacts in the Russian military, that might be helpful.” Kat knew her husband was right.

Having Lev with them would be helpful when dealing with the Russian mafia. After all they had used his contacts among the mafia to capture a few fatigues. Especially people that were breaking the code that the Mafia had.

“Alright, go ahead and contact Lev and have him meet us at the airfield when we land.” Kat just hopes Rebecca doesn’t hold this against her.

“Already done. I talked to Lev about it and he wanted to help us. The third driver August and Rebecca hired is going to take over his deliveries.

He’s driving to the airfield right now. He’s bring us a new armor SUV Rebecca did some horse trading for. It’s already outfitted with everything we normally use in our SUV’s.” He looks at Kat with a smile on his face. It’s not often he can pull the wool over her eyes.

“What do you want me to do?” Brittney directs her question towards her parents.

“We want you to get better and run the office like August does for Rebecca. You can coordinate everything for us and June should be back from vacation. She can give you some help around the office. Plus, you have the other team there as well. You can keep going after bail jumpers. I know we just had a few more request come in to help. One of the other bail companies we have a relationship with has contacted us to help them with a few bail jumpers. One is in Virginia and the other is in Kentucky. Send the team to Kentucky first and then to Virginia.” Kat had checked her email and a bond company they have helped a few times needed their help.

She had sent them a response saying they were sending their second team out to help and Brittney would be handling support for them.

“You’re going to be staying with your uncle and aunt while we’re gone. Terry is staying and helping your Aunt Kristen with the twins.” Kat just looks at her daughter.

Brittney hated that she was being left behind, but she knew her mother was only looking out for her. Plus, her leg was injured and that meant she wouldn’t be very helpful to them. Her uncle just got married last year to a paramedic. She was a nice person and the hospital she worked for was just a few blocks from her uncle’s fire station.

A few hours later they land at the airfield. Lev and Kat’s brother Benjamin was waiting for them.

“What have you gone and done to my niece this time little sister?” Ben was watching as Kat helped her oldest daughter walk over to his pick-up truck.

He has accepted Brittney and Terry as his nieces. Just as he accepted Kat as his little sister when she was found by his father and mother. He met Rebecca and her family and thinks of her as family. He knew Brittney and Terry’s background because Kat told him. His new wife like his nieces and his sister.

“I took her some where I shouldn’t have. We went after a high dollar bounty and he had friends. Brittney got injured from shrapnel hitting her legs.” Kat helps Brittney into her brother’s pick-up.

“Dam sis. You need to start being careful.”

Ben looks at his little sister. He knew she loved her girls and could tell she was beating herself up for letting Brittney get hurt.

“I know Ben. I would trade places with her.” Kat brushes aside a loose lock of Brittney’s hair.

“Mom, it wasn’t your fault.” Brittney could tell her mother was sad for letting her get hurt.

Ben rest his hand on Kat’s back “I’ll watch over her sis and makes sure she behaves. Besides, this will give her a chance to bond with Charlotte.”

“Thanks Ben.” She gives him a hug.

Kat turns back around and hug Brittney.

“You behave yourself and do what your uncle and aunt tell you to do.” She held Brittney close to her.

“I will mom. You and dad just be careful please.” Brittney hugs her mother tight and wishes she was going with them and her girlfriend.

They release and Paul hugs Brittney.

“You be good while were gone and watch the shop for us.” Paul places a kiss on her forehead.

“I promise dad.” Brittney wipes the tears from her eyes.

She was going to miss her parents. Since she came to them two years ago, she has come to love them dearly.

Paul shuts Brittney’s door.

“Don’t worry Paul, I’ll make sure she doesn’t burn down the shop.” Ben climbs into his Ford F450 and drives towards his house.
Butch walks down the ramp after him and Luke get their good SUV off loaded.

“Do you guys need any more help or anything?” Butch was looking at Paul and Kat.

“Nope, we should be fine. Tell Rebecca thanks for everything.”

“I will.” He spotted Lev coming towards them with two other SUV’s behind him.

“Looks like you have company coming. I better get the plane in the air.” Butch runs back towards the plane and up the ramp. Rebecca will kill him if something happens to the plane.

Kat and Paul could hear gunfire as bullets struck the SUV Lev was driving.

Kat and Paul could hear the engines on the plane increase in speed as it starts taxing down the airstrip for takeoff.

“Alexa, Luke grab your assault rifles. Crystal get in the driver seat.” Paul and Kat were running towards their SUV to grab their assault rifles.

Lev had just pulled onto the private road that lead to the airfield that the plane had landed. When he was ambushed by two black SUVs. The
2015 Terradyne Gurkha RPV that Rebecca had managed to do some horse trading for shrugged the bullets off like they were nothing. He could see Paul and Kat’s crew grabbing their weapons as the MD17 moved onto the air strip to take off. He knew he had to buy time for Butch to get the plane into the air.

Lev slows down so one of the SUV’s could pull up alongside of him and slammed it with the Gurkha. The SUV’s fender was damaged from Lev hitting it with the Gurkha. Lev slams the other SUV that had pulled up alongside on his side of the car. He slams it hard with the Gurkha, causing it to crash. Lev could hear bullets hitting the side of the Gurkha as Paul and Kat fired their assault rifles towards the people attacking him.

Lev also saw the airport police coming towards his location as the MD17 lifted off the tarmac and into the air. The SUV that had been trying to stop them pulls away. Luke and Alexa had capture a few of the guys from the other SUV that had assaulted them. Lev stops the Gurkha next to Kat and Paul and opens the driver door.

“Beware Greeks bring gifts.” He was climbing out of the vehicle.

“Where in the hell did you get a Terradyne Gurkha RPV?” Paul was walking around the vehicle.

“Rebecca traded two antique cars she had for it. The guy that owns the company she got this vehicle from had been looking for the cars she had. So, she traded the two cars for it.” Paul stops as airfield security surround them.

“Now were in trouble.” Kat just shakes her head.

“No were not. I know the Commander of the security force.” Paul walks over to talk with one of the Captain’s and explain things to them.

Luke and Alexa brings the two people they managed to capture over to Kat and Lev.

“Look what we caught boss.” Alexa pushes the guy forward towards Kat.

Kat looks at him “well, this should be fun. I know I have seen you before.”

The guy doesn’t say anything. He just remains quiet.

“We’ll take him back to the office to torture him and his friend.” Alexa escorts him, while Luke escorts the other one to the SUV.

Crystal had gotten behind the steering wheel of the SUV. It wasn’t often that Paul or Kat let her drive. She watches as Alexa and Luke bring the two guys they had capture over.

“Are we taking them to the police?”

“Nope, back to the office for Kat to interrogate. She’s in the mood to hurt them.” Alexa was smiling and wink at her.

Crystal kept a straight face as she turned back around and waited to find out what they were doing next.

Gurkha-RPV-Tactical-Armored-Vehicle.jpg
K&P Bounty Services new toy.
up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you

Thank you WillowD

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Rubber bullets

Jamie Lee's picture

When bullets bounce of any portion of another vehicle it might be time to use another road which leads away from that vehicle. 'Cause those people have something the attackers don't have, fire power. And a vehicle the attackers can't hurt with their pop guns.

The two that were captured might not believe they're about to be tortured, but they've pissed off a few of the wrong people. And one was injured.

Others have feelings too.

oopps!

Caught up to date.. Rats!!!! that new toy looks far better than any Hummer. Great story!!

alissa