You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Julia’s Hospital Room:
Julia looks down at her cousin before leaving her room. Tizzy still hasn’t woken-up from her coma. It’s been four days since they have been brought to the hospital. Her Aunt and father have been here several times to check on them. She could tell Cheshire was worried that Tizzy hasn’t woken-up yet. She’s been allowed to walk around and goes down to check on her sister. She hasn’t woken-up yet as well. Her and her father were worried that Gina had hit her head harder then everyone thought.

Gina’s hospital room:
She sits down in a chair next to Gina’s bed and clasp her hand. She wanted her little sister to wake-up. The two of them have grown close to each other since Jack saved them and raised them as his own. She knew Arnold was going to arrive at the hospital later this afternoon. The guards that have been posted on their wing was informed by her father to let him see Gina.

“Hey little sister, you need to wake-up and put your face on. Arnold’s coming later this afternoon. Do you want him to see you in your night gown?” Julia looks for any signs that her sister was going to come around. Cheshire had gone and gotten their nightgowns from the safehouse. She also brought their back-up guns as well.

“Hey, I don’t know if dad told you, but Cadmus is doing better. He tried to bite the vet tending to him. Dad said, if he hadn’t gone to check up on him. He would had taken the vet’s hand off.” Julia rubs her sisters knuckles and wishes she would wake-up. Tears start to leak from her eyes and slide down her cheeks. She wanted her little sister back.

“Hey, someone took off your necklace of Cadmus.” Julia spots the necklace their father gave them a long time ago, sitting in a little tray near the bed. She picks it up and put it around her sister’s neck. She always wore that necklace and would never let anyone take it off her. The wolf head on the necklace looked just Cadmus in his younger days.

Julia stays by her sister’s side, till the nurse tells her to go back to her room. When she walks in, she spots a young muscular Polynesian man sitting by Tizzy’s bed. He was holding her hand. She notices that he looks up when she had entered.

Ikaika looks up when he hears the door to Tizzy’s and her cousin’s room opened. He notices that the person was Julia. He had seen her in a few pictures Tizzy had around her bedroom.

“Your Aunt flew me out here to see if I could wake Tizzy up.” He had her hand in his and was gently holding it.

Julia walks over towards her bed and sits down on the mattress.

“I doubt you’ll be able to. We need Simba here. Tizzy raised Simba since he was a cub. The two of them are connected.” Julia just looks at her cousin.

“I don’t have Simba with me, but I do have his roar.” Ikaika pulls his cellphone out of his back pocket and plays the recording he had of Simba roaring.

Nothing happens the first time around, so he plays it again and put his cellphone next to Tizzy’s ear. They watch as Tizzy’s eyes start to flutter, and her grip tightens on Ikaika’s hand. She slowly opens her eyes.

“Alright Simba, I’m coming.” Tizzy tries to get up, put couldn’t. She looks around and notices she is in a hospital room and her boyfriend was there with her. She notices Julia sitting on a bed next to the one she was laying on.

Tears start leaking from her eyes as she recalls what happened. She recalls the explosion and hitting the metal door and passing out afterwards. She shivers just from the memory.

“Ssshhh, sweetheart. You’re safe now.” Ikaika sits on the side of the bed and just holds her.

Kat’s and Paul’s hospital room:
Kat held Brittney next to her. The girls had stayed to be with them. Her big sister and sister-in-law had come by with the twins to see how they were. The girls had gone with her brother to their aunt’s house to get Kat’s nightgown and a pair of boxers and t-shirt for Paul. She knew Rebecca was still here. She had popped in to see how she was doing.

Crystal was sitting in a chair next to Paul’s bed. Kat’s sister Kristen and her sister-in-law Charlotte were sitting with the twins near her. Kristen and Charlotte weren’t going to leave Kat for a while. The twins needed their mother and Kat couldn’t do anything for herself, because of her broken arms.

Crystal was cleared to check out of the hospital. She had only sustained minor bumps and bruises from the explosion. She was watching after Brittney, because Brittney’s Uncle Benjamin had asked her to. He had to go back to work. He had only managed to get a few days off to look after his sister. His wife and older sister were staying down in Memphis, till the crew was discharged from the hospital.

“I need to pee.” Kat hated the fact she could go to the bathroom by herself.

“Here, let me get Brittney off you Kat.” Crystal walks over and scoop Brittney up in her arms and carry her back over to her chair. She sits down with Brittney sleeping against her shoulder.

“I’ll help you Kat.” Charlotte gives Kristen the twin she had been holding.

“Thanks Charlotte.” Kat lets her sister-in-law help her to the bathroom.

“Your welcome, Kat.” Charlotte was a nurse, so was used to helping people like Kat.

“How’s the rest of the crew?” Kat ask Crystal as she returns from the bathroom.

“Everyone is too wounded to go after anyone, Kat.” Crystal looks over towards Paul when she said that. Paul was still asleep, and Terry was curled up next to him. Terry was a daddy’s girl.

Kat walks around the room some. Her chest still hurt her, but it was getting better. She needed to get out of bed for a while.

“I’m going for a walk.” Kat walks over to the twins and kiss their foreheads.

“You’re not going anywhere without me, little sister.” Kristen walks with her sister out into the hallway and saw that guards had been placed on their wing.

Kat walks out of the hospital room and notices there were guards out on the floor of their wing.

Kristen notices her sisters surprised look. “They are here to protect you guys and the Bounty’s.” Kristen had been stopped when she came up with Charlotte and the babies earlier today.

They wouldn’t let her past, until her identification could be verified. Jack had given orders not let any one that wasn’t family or the normal nurses on their floor or near the rooms. Even, the person who delivered the food to their room had to be cleared. No one was going to get close to his daughters or their friends.

Kat walks slowly with her sister as they walked the length of the hallway and down another hallway. The floor they were on was shaped like the letter H. Kat was quiet as she just held her sister’s hand as they walked. Rebecca and she might have come from the same egg donor, but Kristen was her sister.

“How have the twins been?” Kat was concerned about her little girls.

“They were fine. They miss their mother, but otherwise they were fine.” Kristen and Kat had made arrangements that if something should happen to her and Paul, that the girls were to go and live with her.

“You know, little sister. They had to bring you back three times.” Kristen glances at her sister.

“I know. I’m surprised that all of us survived the explosion. I think I’m going to have nightmares from this experience.” Kat trembles some.

“Look, I know you’re never going to give up being a bounty hunter. You’re too much like our father. Just for now on be more careful, please.
You had Brittney, Terry, me, Charlotte and Ben worried about you. That’s not counting Aunt Elizabeth or Uncle Henry when they found out.
They are flying up from Florida to help you around the house till you get better.” Kristen had to tell their Aunt and Uncle. They pretty much raised them after their father and mother died.

“I’ll try to be more careful, sis.” Kat leans against her sister as they walk back to Kat’s hospital room.

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Truly glad they all are

Truly glad they all are starting to come around from the bomb blast. Hopefully none are so seriously hurt that they can no longer function as they want. I am happy that the "roar" woke Tizzy up, even if it was a recorded one.

This is a great tale

The unconscious mind really can hear.
So, if you are visiting, remember to always say good things.

Karen

Gina

Gina is the last one that is still in a coma. The question now is. Will it be Arnold that wakes her up or will Jack have to bring Cadmus to wake her?

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

This reminds me of a tale my doctor told me

I'm sure there are rules against bring a wolf into a hospital room. I'm also sure that no one would have the nerve to say a negative word if Cadmus did come to the hospital.

My doctor related the story of his Hells Angels patient that brought his Harley into his hospital room with him for a few days dripping oil all over the floor. No one said a word to the patient about removing his motorcycle as he was about 6ft 4in, about 280lbs and all muscle.