Amie and Jamie - Chapter 8 - A Christmas gift

Printer-friendly version


Amie and Jamie



Chapter 8 – A Christmas gift


The school year continued slowly. October came, bringing cool fronts that brought first rain, then a break from the hot weather. The hot weather would then return and the cycle would repeat, with each front growing colder and lasting longer. By the end of October, fall was truly here, fully a month late. That’s central Texas weather. The cool air was invigorating, and it brought new energy to our weekend volleyball games. Sometimes, we would continue playing in the rain.

The schoolwork was a breeze for Amie and me. Most of the other girls were somewhat above average intelligence, but there were some who were really bright. The difference from the public school was the lack of disciplinary problems. There were a few incidents, but parents were paying dearly for tuition, and the teachers would not hesitate to report any problems to the people paying their salary. Any situation which could not be resolved by the school staff could be handled by a call to the parents. Parents would not abide a child refusing to learn when the price of that learning was so dear.

Amie and I vowed to get the most for our parents’ money. The teachers and staff grew to trust us so much we could have gotten away with just about anything. Trust, however, is easy to break, but not easily repaired.

I was in the dorm room. I wasn’t sure where Amie had gone. I stood and looked into the mirror. “You were on your way to becoming a man. Amie saved you.” I wondered if my voice would be changing now if I hadn’t been taking hormones for months. My pixie haircut had grown out I needed to get it cut again or styled. I pulled my hair back and put a clip in it. My breasts loved the hormones and responded nicely. My hips and legs were developing to give me a nice, feminine figure. What if I hadn’t met Amie? Talk about a close call! I could have been the sullen, lonesome teenaged boy I had been…only taller with a deep voice, hairy arms, and pimples.

As if summoned by my thoughts, Amie came through the door and saw me at the mirror. “Yeah, if I were that beautiful, I would look in the mirror, too!”

I turned and went to her and hugged her. “Thank you, Amie!”

She didn’t have to ask why I was thanking her. She just said, “Wow! I can see you’re not second guessing your changes.”

“No, I was thinking about how close I came to a disastrous future.”

“You know, you make me happy, too. Seeing you develop so beautifully is a joy, but I have news.”

“Good news?”

“Very good! Your mom and my dad both called the school and got approval for us to have an extended Christmas holiday so we can go to Thailand!”

“Oh, I can only think of one reason for us to go to Thailand.”

“Right. You don’t have to wait until you’re 18 for an operation. Your mom was so sure of your wishes that she felt it would be ok to arrange this, but you need to call her and confirm how you feel about it.”

I wasted no time calling my mom. She was going, but might have to come back early for work, of course. Both of Amie’s parents were going. I had two months until I got my “birth defect” corrected. It would be difficult to concentrate on school work now. But we both vowed not to let circumstances affect our education.

But it would be the longest few weeks of my life.

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you. My first serious

Thank you. My first serious attempt at writing.

Jamie

What a gift!

Bobbie Sue's picture

The story is progressing well. Thank you for sharing.

nice!

Amie's father is amazing. Jamie's mother truly understands her daughter. And Amie taking this in stride letting it all sink in for Jamie is true love.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Best friends

Renee_Heart2's picture

I'm happy that Amie & Jamie are so close to each other. The school seams to be good for them both & Amie's parents approve & support her. Now she is going to thialand to have her operation to become a full fledged woman I'm happy for her.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Nice

She should be very grateful. One very lucky girl. :)

Achieving her dream

Jamie Lee's picture

Jamie getting the operation she wants comes a good news, something she has wanted since Amie came into her life.

And yet, how will they explain to the other girls their extended vacation? Or if the reason somehow gets out? Jamie's mom, being a lawyer, has already researched the law pertaining to this area, finding nothing to prevent it or she wouldn't have okayed the operation.

But all should be aware that should word get out, there will be those who will want Jamie kicked out of school. Or worse. Jamie needs this operation, not the garbage should others fine out.

Others have feelings too.