Amie and Jamie - Chapter 13A - Plane crash - Alternative chapter

Printer-friendly version

My name is Adam Jackson Harris. Everybody calls me A. J. I don’t think a lot of them know my real name ... or forgot it. I’m in the 10th grade, and my life is pretty boring … school, eat, sleep, but girls like me and I love them! Nothing exciting ever happened to me until I went on a cruise with my mom and dad during Christmas break.

It was the first time I had ever been on a cruise. We flew to Florida heading to The Bahamas. We sailed at night, so by the next morning we were well out into the Atlantic. We awoke that first morning to see the most beautiful blue water I have ever seen. I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas, and the water in the Gulf of Mexico is brown. The Atlantic Ocean is just awesome.

The cruise was awesome. You see food … you eat it … all you want. I must have eaten 20 ice cream cones the first day. There were four or five pools of different sizes on the ship and a water slide! Plus, there were beautiful girls everywhere. I wished I could live on that ship.

On the second full day at sea, I was standing on the deck admiring the blue ocean water when I saw a giant explosion over the water. It was like a giant fireball high in the sky. I don’t know how far away it was, but it took about 3 or 4 seconds for the sound to reach us. People around me saw it, too. They were watching in amazement and wondering what it was.

Then, a voice came over the ships intercom telling everyone to take cover right away. They said that there was an explosion and there might be some shrapnel falling out of the sky. I stepped back into a door just behind me and actually heard something hitting our ship.

I saw a small object hit the deck and slide, landing on the other side of the door. I opened the door just enough to pick it up. It was an old ball point pen. The top part of the pen was flat and was made of silver colored plastic. I put it in my pocket.

After a few minutes, we were told to go to our cabins right away. I met my parents there. A cruise employee came on the T.V. in our cabin. He said that there had been a collision of two aircraft and we should stay in our cabins. He apologized for the inconvenience but said it was for our safety. He also said that if we saw any “foreign” object on the ship that we should not pick them up, but tell a crew member about it. My dad said that the ship was probably going toward the collision to see if there were any survivors. I started to tell him about the pen but decided not to tell anyone. I went into the restroom and got the pen out again to look at it. There were no markings on it. I wondered who it belonged to. Whoever the owner was … they were probably dead. I put the pen into my suitcase. I had a souvenir.

We were in our cabin for a very long time. When we came out the cruise had continued. We saw some U. S. Navy ships, but there was no sign of the airplanes or anything from them. I was kind of glad not to see any bodies floating in the water or anything. We learned later that there were no survivors on either plane involved in the crash.

When I got home, I put the pen in safe place in my room. Every once in a while, I look at it and wonder about the person who owned it before me. I guess I’ll never know anything about them except that they died in a fiery plane crash.

That makes me sad, but there’s nothing I can do about it.

The end
up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Because

Amie and Jamie alternate chapter 13 was just a "what if?". It was also a writing practice for me. The other chapters are "written" by a super intelligent teen aged girl. The alternative chapter was written by an average teen aged boy. Note that there is no "The end" after the regular chapter because The saga continues. Readers can opt for the story to continue or end.

Jamie

Co-incident?

Intriguing. Does he have anything to do with Amie & Jamie?

Alternative

If you opt for the alternative chapter 13, then it's obvious that the story of Amie and Jamie ends. The alternative chapter is just a "what if?". Chapter 14 coming soon.

Jamie

Diffrent

Renee_Heart2's picture

But kind of ends Amy & Jamie...

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Ends only,,,

if you want it to end. The alternative is a "what if?" chapter. If you want it to continue, toss the alternative, and watch for Chapter 14.

Jamie

Oh no...but that means Part

Oh no...but that means Part 13-Plane Crash was like Lost?!?!

Damn...damn...damn! She just got what she needed and had the love of her life by her side and she perishes!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Tragic

It would be tragic, but the nice thing about it is that you can choose toss the alternative chapter. Chapter 14 is coming. Note that the original Chapter 13 did not say "The end".

Jamie

That was a nicely done little

That was a nicely done little twist, yeah you did leave off the "the end". Heck now you could even go on to say that it was a big nightmare and the near crash never happened.

I guess we have to watch out for little clues now! ;)

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Alternative

Well, Chapter 13 and its alternative are mutually exclusive. You can accept the alternative and the story ends, or continue with Chapter 14. By the time you read this, Chapter 14 will be available.

Jamie

This what if chapter

Jamie Lee's picture

Having read chapter 13 first, this what if chapter might be applicable to the story if chapter 13 were written differently. Plus, no where in this chapter does it state beyond belief that it was the private jet which collided with the airliner. That is left to our assumption processes.

What could be of use to the story, to insert a lot of drama, is a resumption of Jamie's story after this chapter in order to show that while two aircraft did collide, the private jet wasn't one of the planes.

Others have feelings too.