Amie and Jamie - Chapter 15 - Back to School

Printer-friendly version

Back to school day is here. We decided to fly even though we had just barely escaped disaster. We didn’t figure lightning would take a second shot at us, and neither of us wanted to endure the long drive in the Corvette again. I was happy not to have the specter of surgery hanging over my head. My new parts were still tender, but could hardly wait to take them out into the world.

Amie and I both had begun to think about career decisions. I admired Dr. Adams and the resources he had available to him that enabled him to help people. A career in medicine would enable me to help the most vulnerable among us. I thought again about the little girl in the website picture of a bombing. I would probably never know who she was, much less be able to help her or my family. There were millions of people suffering in the world, however, some in distant lands … some in my own city. Maybe I couldn’t make a dent in suffering overall, but I could be a “drop in the bucket”. If I go into medicine, I decided, I would be the very best “drop” I could be.

Amie had also been observing her dad; she felt that her dad’s statement indicating that his patients frequently don’t listen to him gave her some new insight into the medical profession. Obviously, Amie was a controlling person and if she went through all those years of medical school, began a practice, then had her patients not care enough about their own health to listen to her advice would be extremely frustrating for her. What my dad said about my mom kicking ass in court, however, really appealed to Amie, however. She liked the idea of being around people who had little choice but to heed her advice. Of course, her interaction with a judge might be interesting. Even with seemingly no leverage, she always seemed to have things her way.

Amie was not cruel. She just always thought she was right. That can be an annoying trait, but Amie was almost always right. She was not only super intelligent, but she was wise beyond her years. I think wisdom and common sense go hand in hand, and I had little of either.

Amie was a parent’s dream. It’s hard for me to imagine her ever giving her parents trouble. Maybe she pitched a fit once when one of her parents wanted to play checkers instead of chess. I figure that’s the kind of thing about which she would give them trouble. I’m pretty sure there was no issue about boys, and her parents were probably aware by now of the reason for that.

My mom and Amie’s parents took us to the airport. Hobby Airport was much closer and a lot less crowded than Bush International. We had a limited amount of luggage. Amie’s dad would send the van with the rest our “necessities”. The flight to San Antonio, taxi to the school and check-in at school were all uneventful. We got to our room early in the afternoon, and I started trying on pants, jeans, Capri’s, etc.

Amie was watching. Finally, she spoke up. “Any of those looks great on you. Why the difficulty deciding?”

“Today is the last day we don’t have to wear school uniforms. I want to make sure I show I’ve got nothing to hide. I’m proud of my new configuration and I want to show it off … without being trashy.”

“I’ve seen some things that would look trashy on other girls, but you have class. It’s kinda hard for someone with so much class to look trashy.”

“Thanks.” I thought about that. It’s the kind of thing she would understand. I realized that I couldn’t afford to pay someone to provide the help and advice I get from her.

Amie smiled, “The yellow dress would show you off really well.”

“Yes, until the first teacher sees me and sends me back to the dorm to change. I want pants so I don’t have to be pulling on a hem.”

Amie went to her closet and brought out some lightweight, white jeans. “These are really too small for me. See if you can squeeze into them.”

I squeezed. They zipped with a little trouble. I stood at the mirror and turned around for a look. It was easy to see that I was wearing red panties. Amie was right one more time. They showed off my entire bottom side. Then I thought of the teachers. “Amie, maybe I just should better forget about being a show off here at school. That’s not why we’re here, and there’s nothing to be gained by agitating the teachers.”
WhiteJ5B.jpg

“Hmm, very wise.”

“Thanks.”

I found some jeans that fit nicely, but no so tightly as to draw a lot of attention. The fit felt wonderful. Tomorrow, uniforms would be required, but we had a few hours to relax. I started getting my school work in order. Amie was on the web. We worked and relaxed until dinner time.

There were students who hadn’t arrived yet, so the lunchroom was not quite full. Amie and I sat away from everyone else. We had a pretty quiet, uneventful lunch. Finally, I spoke up. “I’m on my way, Amie.”

“You sure are, girlfriend, and I’m proud and happy for you.”

“I’ve been thinking ahead to graduation and after. I’m looking hard at the field of medicine.”

“Well, medicine could use more caring people like you. It’s hard for me to picture you fighting it out in court. Fighting is more my kind of thing. I would like to see your mom in action some time. I don’t think they allow cheering in court, though. I’ll have to restrain myself.”

“I’m sure she wouldn’t mind you going to court with her some time. It would help you see what practicing law is really like. Maybe you could intern for the summer. Would your dad consider letting me intern for him?”

“I’m not sure about the legalities of interning for a doctor, but I’ll bet you could help out in his office and get the feel of a medical practice. Maybe by the end of summer, we’ll both have a better Idea about what we want to do with our lives. We’ll both have a light load for senior year and we can concentrate on getting into the best schools in the country.”

We finished dinner and headed back to the dorm to get into bed early and be rested and ready for a new semester.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, all I can say is those

Well, all I can say is those white jeans would look very, very different with red panties showing. I remember my oldest son sending photos of his Navy Whites showing the red underwear he had been wearing at the time. Really stood out, and he had not noticed it until his Executive Officer mentioned it to him during a briefing they were in, with the ship Captain and an Admiral. LMAO when he told me about it.

Red

The red panties were showing. I made them more noticeable so look again.

Jamie

Fine additions

Jamie Lee's picture

These latest chapters are fine additions to this story.

Hope Jamie and her dad can reconnect.

Others have feelings too.

Thank you

I enjoy writing, but I'm beginning to think that maybe this story is just too good to be true. I guess it's my personality. I'm just too sweet. I need a touch of meanness.

Jamie