Amie and Jamie - Chapter 20 - Moving Day

Printer-friendly version

Mom and Hannah’s wedding was a small affair with just a few friends. The judge was a friend of Mom’s. The honeymoon consisted of going home and going to bed. They put off a real honeymoon for when they had more time to plan.

I had 2 parents again! Best of all … they were both females! I had heard horror tales of dads of daughters who had wanted a boy. Some either ignored their daughter or tried to get her interested in activities or hobbies usually pursued by boys … make her a “Tom-boy”. Imagine that … trying to change the sex of your child! Of course, I was a special case because I was more than willing to change. I tried to imagine a girl wanting to be a boy. That just seemed foreign to me. Why would anyone with a perfectly good female body want to change it to a male body?
Soon, I would have 3 parents. I had a chance to visit the new house and it was incredibly beautiful. It had an Olympic sized pool, exercise room, music studio, (Hannah was also a musician) and a movie theater. Each of the 12 bedrooms had its own large bath.

I was spending a lot of time packing. Even with Amie’s help, it was a slow process because we spent a lot of time trying on clothes. Some of them I had never seen. Mom shopped a lot these days, and the clothes she bought for me went right in the closet. I thought I had the most beautiful clothes in the world. Everything was very feminine. Mom loved her new daughter!

On moving day, I spent the day at Amie’s house. The new house was next door to the house across the street. We thought we would sit on Amie’s porch, do our nails and watch the movers work, but the properties we so large and full of trees we couldn’t see much. My dad showed up and moved what little he had into his separate section. I walked out into the yard where I could see him, and I felt a twinge of pity watching him carry his meager possessions.

At 4 PM, most of our stuff had been moved. Amie and I walked over to work on unpacking. My room was at the end of a hall on the third floor and was very private. There was a large sliding glass door that opened to a balcony. The view was mostly tree tops, but in the distance was the Williams tower pointing from the Galleria to the heavens.

Window View.jpg
Amie and I admired the view for a few seconds. Then, I turned to her and made a proposition. “Amie, I’m in a big new house, and I might get scared. Could I beg you to spend the night … just tonight … please?”

Amie was silent for a little. I was afraid she might say, “No”.

Finally, she smiled and spoke. “Oh, I guess I could do that for one night. After all, the place is not really a dump.”

We showered, then crawled into the Egyptian Cotton sheets. The bed was comfortable beyond belief! We snuggled a bit, but were so tired that we soon fell asleep holding each other.

AttachmentSize
Image icon Window View710.98 KB
up
149 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A great story

Renee_Heart2's picture

But a bit short in this chapter as you repeated the beginning half way through.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Repeat

Sorry. Was caused by trying to insert the picture.

Jamie

Repeat fixed

I deleted the repeated material. I used to think I was computer savvy, but it's getting more complex. BTW, Renee, you're one of my most faithful readers. Thanks! Other reader must find something wrong with my writing, because each chapter gets fewer readers than the previous. I read somewhere that a story should be too "happy". People like to read about trials of life and the story characters overcoming them. I guess I identify too much with my characters and don't want to put them through too much. Gotta work on that.

Jamie

trials of life

Sometimes real life has enough trials, and we just want a happy story.

Secluded bedroom

Jamie Lee's picture

Whoa, what a house! Twelve bedrooms, three floors, and the pool, wow!

Jamie's bedroom seem equivalent to Amie's, in that she has privacy from the rest of the house.

Jamie has her family, and her dad, to complete one of her desires. Now to finish high school and on to college. And maybe one day accept a ring from Amie?

Others have feelings too.