The Parchment Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Heart of12379719-crop.pngthe Beholden.

The Parchment Chapter 6

*Before…

I get thrill bumps as the band goes from playing to the D.J. cueing up and sliding us into *Golden Years* By David Bowie…and yeah just like that really cool Ren-Dance scene from the Heath Leger Movie *A Knight’s Tale*

Clap in the air…hold hands…promenade around each other…hold hands and bow/curtsey twice once per hand…arm swish and promenade…turn round each other…dip the knees facing each other…circle again…clap in the air…swish arms and mosey and spin turn…tea pinkie walk and face others in a group and…long promenade while arm swishing to the end of the dance floor…hop and turn…

And then it starts…

“Golden years… gold, whop, whop, whop…”
“Golden years… gold, whop, whop, whop…”
“Golden years… gold, whop, whop, whop…”
“Don’t let me hear that life’s not taking you anywhere…Angel….!

*And Now…

It doesn’t stop there either because there’s a lot of music they have cued up for us to have an actual dance with and it’s everything from stuff out of the LOTR sound tracks to Zelda music and even rock songs that just scream like romantic stuff you could dance to at a Ren-fair and not be too far removed for it being pretty cool and funky like…

*Rock and Roll Fantasy*…By Bad Company and it’s got that same kind of good funky rock like Golden Years has and while it’s not that much on the whole Ren-Fair stuff the band actually sort of does this adlib with the song and it’s still just really cool.

*Mysterious Ways* By U2 is another excellent one really and kind of in that fantasy funky fun to dance with and I’m having this really goofy but incredible time. I’m sure that I’m making a fool out of myself because really this is the first time that I’ve ever really girl danced with anyone.

All my other times have been me watching a video and trying to do stuff in front of my closet mirror.

It’s the first time I’ve ever remotely jammed or danced to *Magic Carpet Ride* By Foghat though it’s rather appropriate for like the whole thing really.

The Funky fun stuff comes to an End with then doing *A Kind of Magic* By Queen and they slow the music down and they lower the lights too as they switch to some slower and sweet softer kinds of songs.

Like *Kiss from A Rose* By Seal…They don’t even use the D.J they have the band there singing it…well they’re playing and then they start that intro with acapella and it’s just frigging awesome.

It’s a really great song and it kind of takes us from the Ren-fair courtly stuff at the first of it to most of us slow dancing together and I get thrill bumps as Alexander’s hands slip around me and settle into the small of my back. It takes me a second but I slip my arms around his neck and we just slow dance.

I could so want all of this to be real…to have me really be pressed against him and be the way that I’m feeling…I do want it, I really do but at the same time I’m really, really enjoying myself far too much to be so down about the usual stuff.

*Everything I do, I do it for You.* By Brian Adams is the next one up that I know for sure what it is and all that stuff. It’s another great song too.

*Open Arms* By Journey… Oh my god I love this song to death it’s one of those really sweet fall in love songs. I’ve picture some guy…actually singing this to me before a few times…usually with me being the girl in like some kind of music video….of a music spot thingy in like a movie or a TV show.

Goddess this so sort of feels like I’m in one of those right now.

And this feels so good and so snuggly too…and while I’ve been sort of on and off the fence when it comes to how I feel like I might be sexually. Because I honestly don’t know and I’ve read how going on hormones might actually bring out what you might sexually be like and stuff…I’m pretty sure that I’m kind of into Alex.

He smells good actually, like really nice with hints of nice soap and cologne and stuff but there’s something else there too that I can’t really place my finger on but part of my brain is telling the rest of my brain that it could be the scent of guy.

*Candle in the wind* By Elton John is next and it’s kinda good for this, it’s definitely slow and it’s easy to dance too and sort of romantic and stuff.

I’m amazed at his warmth.

I mean other than affection from my folks which is cool and stuff I’ve had zero person to person contact on this level and I’m amazed at the heat that comes off of Alexander and just hot good it feels to be held and touched by another human being.

The whole me being worthwhile feeling that comes from that is so amazing…I mean I can sort of see why some people get all like Need a relationship, Must be in a relationship clingy and stuff.

I don’t want to be one of those girls either but I can get it. I’m just so sinking into feelings that I couldn’t actually even dream about before now. I mean I could sort of imagine them but imagining and actually feeling them are two hugely different experiences.

*Who wants to Live Forever* By Queen is next and it’s a sort of wistfully sad fave of mine and right up there in my SF/Fantasy faves with Bonny Portmore the other really cool tune from Highlander…okay all of the other songs on the Highlander soundtrack from the first movie actually are really good too…but not the rest of the movies.

I mean really?

Really there had to be that many movies? The only kinda excusable one and I mean kinda should have been the one with Conner and Duncan…though it needed a whole re-write because Conner got the prize and that friggin should’ve been like the end of it.

Hollywood needs a good Chinese girl there like me to have like a really big fan made from like newspaper and I can haul off and whack people that say…. That was good and it made money! Let’s do a sequel!...Whap! Bad producers! Whap! Bad studios!

I make myself snerk.

Alexander looks at me and he gives me this elvish eyebrow in this curious and questioning way.

“Something amuses you?”

“Just me thinking my odd little thoughts.”

“I would care to know.” And oh yoi…he’s looking at me with those eyes and he really is cute and like the rest of it no one’s really ever asked me like personal stuff like what I’m thinking.

(Blush.) “I was thinking that the people that make bad sequels to movies need someone like me to have a really big paper fan like the one’s made out of newspapers and for them to get a great big whack every time they try and make a really bad sequel or pre-quel.”

Alexander smiles. “Indeed a worthy enterprise that would be.”

I blush some because while he’s staying in character right now he’s got this really big smile there on his face and it’s really nice.

Oh gosh I’m so not sure about this, am I starting to crush on this boy?

Can I?

*Wonderful Tonight* By Eric Clapton’s the last song being played and I love this song even though I don’t have long blonde hair like in the song it’s just another song that stirs up that hopeless little romantic girl inside and I actually sigh a little and Alexander moves closer to me and he whispers softly into my ear.

“If it would please you lady, you may do me the honor of resting your head on my shoulder.”

Oh…

Oh uhm…

I exhale and set my head sideways on his shoulder as we’re dancing and it’s just…this is part of the I can’t touch it dreams that I’ve had.

Again with the nice and warm, again with the smell good and I am so definitely crushing on this boy.

I’m so crushing on Alex…Alexander…and I don’t think there’s a damned thing I could do to stop myself.

I…I don’t want to, not even if it might break my heart.

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another...

thliwent's picture

Excellent update.

Parchment is turning out real nice.

Thank You very much Thliwent:)

I'm fairly pleased with things myself.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Human contact is very special.

Especially to those who don't have it regularly since it reminds us that we still are.
*Great Big Proud Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Reading this touches some

Reading this touches some romantic fantasy evening deep within. :)

Xx
Amy

Oh my......

D. Eden's picture

That ending - the thought of laying my head on a man's shoulder while slow dancing.....

You have tears rolling down my face with that one Bailey.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

oh oh!

can you have her wack a mole a few network programers who insist on putting like shows against each other to split the audience so they usually end up killing both shows.
great chapter, thanks

Oh definitely LoneWolf.

We've lost too many shows to that and them bouncing shows in all sorts of time slots until it's a bother to follow them.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

thats how

they killed 'threashold'

confused

Magic carpet ride = Steppenwolf
slow ride = Foghat

Magic carpet ride by Foghat I am not familiar with?

Lovin the story though

Btw I am sure I am not the first person to sing "long dark hair" to Wonderful tonight :P

A pretty perfect evening with

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

A pretty perfect evening with a great soundtrack. I'd also pay good money for whoever came up with the script for a highlander sequel to be slapped with a newspaper! :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I love a good little soundtrack scene.

But yeah too many wonderful things have been wrecked by sequels, pre-quels and live action versions.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers