Rebirth Part 8

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Rebirth Part 8
By Cain129

 

Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!

 

Synopsis:The Hidden pieces of Sarah’s Life are finely coming into view a dream leads her to a new discovery that she has the ability to heal herself but the more she learns the greater the danger, and is kidnapped by the same people that saved her life.--SEPARATOR--

 

[-][+][-]

 

Chapter 19

 

[-][+][-]

 
Sarah awakens to the sound of Machines beeping and finds herself unable to move, as she looks down she sees straps on her hands and feet that are holding her firmly in place. When she looks around she sees various items, there is a window in the room that overlooks the mountains, and there is also the sound of a train far off in the distance.

[-][+][-]

 
I start trying to free myself but the straps that are binding my hands are too thick.

“Please remain calm Sarah," a woman in her late 40’s said as she entered the room.

“Why am I here," I said in anger.

“We need to run some tests, then we will explain everything not that you will remember any of it when we send you home.”

She started typing something then hit a button, and then I felt extreme pain rushing through my body.

I screamed,"What are you doing to me?”

"I am sorry Sarah but you are not even supposed to be alive. We injected you with little computerized robots called Nanites; they were supposed to heal your body and once that happened. You would have been programmed like a computer to do whatever task requested of you. Do you know what a sleeper agent is Sarah?”

“I have heard the term on television”

"Well let me give you the run down, you can call me Anna for now, you are at the moment being held in a top secret location that is only know to me and a few others in the military. Escape is impossible, so don’t get any idea’s little girl."

"Yeah, right."

"Like I was saying, you were selected because of your medical condition. You were completely brain dead, the job of the nanites was to repair you brain damage. You were not the only one in the hospital that day, there was one other his name was John Steven, which I suspect that you already know. He also had brain damage, but we were unable to save him in time. When the nanites finished a job they are programmed to upload the details to the nearest computer then send the results to our lab."

"What happened?"

"Instead, they did something unexpected. The upload was sent to your nanites, then a report was sent to us. When we looked at the upload, the size of the file was larger then what it was supposed to be. We assumed it was because of John’s condition and didn’t think it would have an affect on the program. So we just left the information, knowing we could just send the code word to activate the sleeper agent and you would still follow the orders. But now the nanites are refusing too communicate with us. While you were sleeping we sent the word to activate the sleeper program and the nanites have locked us out."

"Oh."

"This leaves us with two choices; we can destroy them and inject you with new ones, that would most likely do the job, it would also take care of John’s memories, they would be gone and all that would be left if the personality that we created."

Anna then started typing some thing into the computer and I felt the pain again this time it was worse then before.

"What you are feeling, Sarah are the nanites inside you self destructing, it will be over soon enough, Honey."

I then felt something else going on inside me, the pain stopped completely then I felt light headed, It was hard to explain what was going on, I just found myself looking at the binds on my hands, wishing I could get free and to my surprise the binds started undoing themselves on their own.

Once one of my hands was free, I ripped the sheet off my body completely, then freed my hands and legs. But before I knew it, solders came through the door with guns pointed at me.

I looked deep into one of the solders eyes, 'God, please help me.' and next thing, he was struggling to keep the gun pointed at me then turned an shot the other solder standing beside him, then fell to the ground with blood coming out of his eyes and ears.

Anna just stared at me in horror,“Sarah stop this, you will never make it out of here alive!”

She was right, I couldn’t stop everyone just doing what I just did took most of my energy, then I had a wild thought,'The more memory a computer had the more powerful it became, would the same be true with nanites?'

I walked over to where there was a bunch of veils that looked ready for injecting and took the injector gun that Anna was going to use on me and started injecting the nanites into my arm and sure enough, I got stronger right away. It might have been a mistake, cause I had no idea what they had been programmed to do. I only hoped my nanites were capable of reprogramming them.

I looked over at Anna,"You are not going to hurt another person," then looked into her eyes. I didn’t want too harm her like I did the solder. I just somehow took away her memories and left her in the state of a child. It was cruel, but she would live and never harm anyone else.

I found my clothes and got dressed and went over to her computer and used my new abilities to pull up the blue prints of the base. I now had a escape plan and was able to disable most of the base security with the exception of Anna’s key card, which I kept for my own use. Then I made my way out of her lab.

Her key card worked and I was able to move through the base with very little trouble other then when I ran into a huge solder who, just didn’t want to get out of my way. I had pretty much run right into him and had no time to even think. When he throw a punch and hit me, I went falling back onto the floor.

Somehow, I managed to get back to my feet, and when he came at me for the second time, I found myself easily blocking his next punch and landed one of my own hitting him right in the throat. I guess that it made an impression, because he was on the floor trying hard to catch his breath. I quickly ran past him and made it to the door using the key card and the door locked behind me, keeping him from following.

Eventually, I made it outside to a parking lot and clicked the button on her key and heard a car horn go off, then found her car and drove off. I knew that I had to loose the car fast and drove to the nearest city transit and parked it there, then climbed onto a train and made my escape.

As I sat down on one of the seat, I thought about what had just happened and knew that my life would never be the same. I would be hunted down and knew now that they were able to follow me because when they grabbed me, they knew where I was. I closed my eyes and concentrated on destroying whatever it was that was allowing them too follow me. I had no idea if it would work, I just hoped that the nanites were capable of communication.

I knew one thing though, there was no way that I could return home. If I did, then I would put Mom and Dad in danger, the same was true for Megan and Adam. I had no choice but to deal with this alone. I just couldn’t risk putting my loved ones in danger.

I just sat there and felt tears running down from my eyes. I wondered what I would do and where I would go. I had no money, and no where that I could go. I needed to get money, that was my first problem. I knew that I could figure something out, but that would take time.

I needed to get out of town fast, the sooner that I was gone the better it would be for everyone around me.

There was one thing that I needed to do but wasn’t sure how. I was dealing with the military and they would surely be watching my parents and friends, it didn’t change the fact though unless I could get a message to them, that they would be worried sick, wondering what happened to me.

I didn’t dare call them until I was sure that no one was listening in, which meant I needed to call from a phone that was not traceable and those were not easy to come by. The best that I could do for the moment was using a payphone at a busy place that I could make a quick exit from after I was done.

I took the train another couple of stops then got off and headed down to the street where I flagged down a taxi and told the driver to take me to the Metrotown Mall, it was one of the busiest malls that I knew and it would be easy to loose myself there if needed. After the cab arrived, I paid the fare and made my way inside. There were lots of payphones near the food court, so that is where I went first.
 

[-][+][-]

 

Chapter 20

 

[-][+][-]

  
I dialed Megan’s number and it rang a couple of times then she answered the phone,"Megan it’s me, I can’t talk long, So listen. Tell my parents that I am alright, something has happened. I can’t tell you right now, I am not sure who is listening."
“What’s wrong Sarah, please tell me!”

"I can’t talk about it over the phone, Megan. Remember when we were 12 years old, we found that place that was so well hidden?"

"Whatever," she replied, letting me know she remembered.

"I will be there, meet me. Make sure you are not followed and for God’s sake, don’t tell anyone, even my parents. You will understand why, soon enough."

"Gotcha"

"And Megan, I need whatever money you can find. I will be there at 10:A.M."

“I love you."

“I love you. too Sarah, be careful”

I hung up the phone and headed over and caught the skytrain downtown. I hated the downtown, it was a scary place but I knew that I could disappear there easy enough amongst all the other homeless people and street kids. I knew one thing for sure, I couldn’t let my emotions control me; I need to think clearly if I was going to find a way out of this.

It was around 5:P.M. and I knew that if I waited too long, I would be spending the night on the street, that was something that I refused to do. I went looking for a phone booth and eventually found one, then looked up youth shelters and found one called Convent House. I had heard about it a few times on the television, so I took down the address and eventually found myself waiting at there intake office. After sitting there for awhile I was called into a small office and met with a social worker, her name was Beth. I told her my name was Amanda Landry and that I had just got into town.

She took down my information, then I was giving a bed for the night and she told me the Hostel rules, not that I really cared, come tomorrow I would most likely be leaving town.

I just needed to explain to Megan what happened so she could talk to my parents and Adam. The thought of leaving everyone behind was almost more then I could deal with, and I wondered why they just couldn’t leave me alone. But the thought of being controlled by someone else and forced to harm others, I had to know for sure if they could take control.

I suspected that they couldn’t because the nanites inside me seemed to be working independent as if they were there own entity but there had to be away to find out fore sure.

That night was one of the hardest that I have had, I hardly slept and found myself waking up throughout the night, I had too much going though my mind. I thought about the life I had made, all my friends that I would be leaving behind. I needed to find another path, maybe if I can expose the program to the press, that was the idea.

If I could find away to expose them for what they were doing, they would have to leave me alone. They would be to busy dealing with the press to with bother me, but the question was, how could I expose them?

I knew that if I was going to expose them, I would need help. I knew that I could depend on Megan, but to do so, I would be putting her at risk. There was also Dr. Picard, did he play a part in what happened to me? If not, maybe he would be willing to help.

It was about 8:A.M. when the hostel worker came in letting us know that it was time for us to get up and go for breakfast. After a quick breakfast that consisted of eggs and bacon, everyone had to leave for the day, so I soon found myself outside of the hostel.

The first stop that I made was an ATM and withdrew $60.00 from my savings. I then headed to the nearest bus stop and after 45 minutes, I exited a few blocks from my school, and walked through the woods to an old cabin that Megan and I found years ago. Only a few of us knew about the camp, so it would be as good a place as any to hide out for awhile.

I looked at my watch, it was already 9:30 A.M., which meant that I had a half hour to kill, so I took a walk down to the lake and took a seat on the ground next to the water and just relaxed.

It was still not easy, I was paranoid that there was someone behind every tree waiting to jump out and attack, I knew that it was just my imagination, but it still bothered me all the same. It was almost 10:A.M. by the time I made it back to the cabin. As I entered the cabin, I found Megan already inside.

Seeing her there, I ran over and gave her a big hug and couldn’t help but start crying. She just held me for awhile till I calmed down.

“Sarah, what happened to you, I have been so worried and the police are looking for you.”

"When I was walking to your house, someone hit me with a dart, when I woke up I was strapped to a bed, there was this woman and she knew everything about me and explained what happened to me. Megan, it’s horrible, they injected me with microscopic robots, she called nanites, something went wrong. She called me a sleeper agent, they were trying to create a weapon, when it didn’t work, they were going to wipe my memory and reprogram me, but I escaped."

“God, Sarah, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know, Megan; I have to find some way of exposing them.”

“Is there anything that I can do to help, Sarah?”

“Not at the moment, Megan it’s too dangerous. I will need your help later though.”

“What do you need me to do?”

“When I the information to expose them, I will need you to send the information to the press.”

“I can do that; just send it to my email.”

“It would be best to create new accounts and only communicate though school.”

“What about your parents, Sarah? What do you want me to tell them?”

“Tell them the truth, just don’t tell them about John, they wouldn’t understand.”

Megan and I then said our goodbyes and I told her that I would contact her as soon as I cuold and asked her to explain what happened to Adam. I only hoped that I would be with him again soon, it was going to be hard being away from everyone that I love, but it was the best thing that I could do for them.

[*][*][*]

  

End of Part Eight
To Be Continued In Part Nine
up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rebirth Part 8

Sarah made the only choice that she could to protect her loved ones.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Second note to self

(See comment for part 7 for the first note) - whenever I am arranging a forcible removal of anything from anyone, and if they are not supposed to know what I did, regardless of whether it's my actions or something else responsible for the effect, I will not spend time to explain anything and work on unconcious subjects whenever possible.

Third note to self - I will follow certain safety rules regarding attempted procedures - like making all the prep work before going into active stage, making active stage as short as possible, and keeping the possible counteragent safely removed from the location. The only exception is a stalling agent which will also induce inactivity in the recipient.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!