Rebirth Part 2

Printer-friendly version


Rebirth
By Cain129
Edited by, Standman63

Part Two



Synopsis:When a teen girl and her father are in an accident, it leaves her in a coma that gives a man a new lease on life.

John Steven recently moved to Vancouver Canada, a few weeks after arriving became sick, a few weeks later, is admitted into the hospital. Where he discoverers that he has a brain tumor and the odds were not in his favor; Sarah Tanner was in a car accident and has been placed on life support, leaving her parents to make a choice that no parent should ever have to make.  


[-][+][-]




Chapter Four




[-][+][-]


Inside the operating room, Dr. Gettings had been operating on John Stevens for the last three hours, trying to save his life. Things have not been going well during the operation, his heart had stopped twice, forcing him to use the defibrillator, and each time they were at risk of further brain damage because of lack of air getting to the brain, but managed to remove the tumor.

While in another room, Andrew and Janice are standing over their daughter. Dr. Picard was there along with a two nurses one was just a tiny thing compared to everyone else. Janice leans down and gives her daughter a kiss on the forehead, while Andrew takes Sarah’s hand. Janice is the first one to speak, "Honey we love you, but cannot leave you here suffering like this."

"I love you, Baby, it’s alright let yourself go. We will be together again," Andrew said as the tears run down his cheek.

"It's time, my love," sighed Janice.

Andrew turned too Dr. Picard, "Let her go."

Dr. Picard clicked the switch off the machine that was keeping her alive and soon there was a flat line on the monitor and a loud silence indicating that Sarah heart had stopped. The short nurse went over to Janice and gave her a hug then whispered in her ear, "Everything was going too be all right."


[-][+][-]


It was at that moment that the monitor made a loud screeching noise and the lights started going out until the room was dark, on the other side of the hospital inside an operation room there was a loud screech coming from a heart monitor, then the lights started flickering and went out. When the lights came back on, John Stevens was dead. "Time of death, Three P.M." said Dr. Gettings.

On the other side of the hospital when the lights came back on, Andrew took Janice hand to lead her out when they heard a beeping noise coming from the monitor behind them.

Dr. Picard hears the noise coming from the monitor and goes over to Sarah and checks her for a pulse and finds one. He is as shocked as everyone in the room was.

He turns to Andrew and Janice, "It looks like your daughter is full of surprises," he smiles as he takes his the pen light to check her eyes.

"Doctor?" says the tiny nurse.

"Go and set up an X-ray, Cat Scan and MRI."

She scurried out.

"What is going on?" asked Janice.

"It seems that your daughter is being stubborn and refused to go."

"You mean she is alive?" asked Andrew.

"It appears so, but we will know more once we get the x-rays back and compare them to the set taking earlier."

Janice turned to look for the woman that had giving her the hug and told her that everything was going to be all right, but she was gone. She then turned to Dr. Picard and asked"Where is the tiny nurse?"

"What nurse? Mrs. Tanner, the only nurse that has been here is Becky," Dr. Picard said with a frown.

Janice knew something amazing had happened, but now all that mattered to her was Sarah.


[-][+][-]

A few hours later, Dr. Picard was looking at the new x-rays, and could not believe what he saw, all the major damage that was in the original reports was gone, it was like somehow they had repaired themselves, and all that was left was minor swelling that could easily be fixed. It was a true miracle.

He picked up the two reports and called Andrew and Janice into the room. When they came in he was all smiles, "I have great news, if you do not believe in miracles then you really should start," said Dr. Picard with a huge smile.

Janice smiled, remembering the nurse.

"I have something that, I want to show you," he took the two x-rays and placed them on the panel. The one on the left was the first set of x-rays that showed Sarah has brain dead. The one on the right was just taken and shows only minor damage, that we can treat," Dr. Picard said with a smile.

"How is this even possible?" asked Andrew.

"Does it really matter how it happened? Just be glad that it did," she said with a smile.

"Really, I have the no answer, to be honest with you the only thing I can think of is that a miracle happened here today. There is no other way to explain it because your daughter should be dead but here she is alive and doing well," Dr. Picard said with a smile.

"So what now?" asked Janice.

"I would like to open her up to let the swelling go down and put her into a medical comma for a few days, that way she will heal faster."

Andrew smiled,"You can do whatever you need to do."

"How long before she can come home?' asked Janice.

"I'd give it about a week, then she should be able to go home."

"Thank you for taking care of our daughter," said Janice, giving Dr. Picard a huge hug while Andrew shook his hand to thank him.

They stayed with Sarah for a while but eventually headed home. Both Andrew and Janice were exhausted and needed to get some rest.

When they made it home, the answering machine was full of messages, mostly from Megan and Adam. Megan and Sarah had been best friend since`1st grade, and Adam was her boyfriend. They had been seeing each other for a year and were very much in love.

Megan and Adam had seen the accident from the school. The crash was at the intersection not even a block away from the school. Both were very irate on the phone. Janice picked up the phone can called them both and told them she was going to be all right, and would let them know when she could have visitors.


[-][+][-]




Chapter Five




[-][+][-]


It was around 8:A.M. as I slowly woke up, my head hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would. I slowly pulled myself into a sitting position and was able to get a good look around the room: to my right was a large window that had a view of the mountains as I looked at them I could see a light frosting of white snow on them and could not get over how beautiful that they looked.

Looking at my body: the first thing I noticed was the size of my hands, as I reached up to touch the bandage. There were other things to that I started to notice. As I ran my hands down his chest, I was shocked to discover that I now had breasts, they were not all that big, but still, they were there, I started to wonder if this was some kind of drug induced dream that I was having.


[-][+][-]


I did not even notice that a nurse had entered the room, she took me by surprise when she said, "Good morning, how are you feeling?"

I looked over at her, "My head hurts, but otherwise I feel all right. But how long have I been here?"

"You were admitted about a week ago, Honey," said the nurse.


[-][+][-]


I knew that something had happened to me and the body that I was in was not my own and the only way I would find out what was going on was to play along.

I looked over at the nurse, "I cannot remember anything not even my name."

The nurse came over and took a seat on the bed next to me, "Your name is Sarah Jessica Tanner; you were in a car crash. That is really all that I can tell you for now."

"Why?"

"Dr. Picard will be in later and he will want to talk to you. If you need, anything Honey, my name is Kelly. Just click this button and I will be here ASAP."

"Thanks Kelly," I said with a smile.


[-][+][-]


Breakfast came few minutes later, the only thing about hospital food is it never tastes good, I swear that they make it like that so you are forced to get better just so you can have a decent meal. I was hungry though so I ate it and was thankful just to have another meal, even if it tasted like cardboard.

Laying in bed was driving me crazy, I wanted to have a good look at myself. I slowly climbed out of the bed, my legs were still very shaky and it was hard to walk, but I made it to the bathroom and turned on the lights. What I saw was a young girl of maybe 15 or 16 years old staring back at me. She was really pretty even with all the bruising and bandages that covered her head.

'God this is going to take awhile to get used to!'  I thought to myself. I turned and started heading back over to my bed when I started to fall. It was then I felt someone grab hold of me. I looked up and saw a man in a white coat; I knew must be Dr. Picard, "Thanks for the save," I said with a smile.

"Next time, use the buzzer. The last thing we need is to have to open you up again, Sarah,"he chided me with concern.

"All right, next time I will use the buzzer," I said.


[-][+][-]


Dr. Picard helped me back over to my bed, "How are you feeling?"

"My head still hurts, some, that I can handle, but I do not remember anything, if it was not for nurse Kelly, I would not even know my name."

"It is all right, Sarah. Some times when people have a head injury like the kind you have, they end up with short term amnesia, everything will most likely come back in time or all at once."

"What if it does not come back?"

"Then you will have to make new memories, Sarah. The main thing is you are alive."

"I guess your right, Dr. Picard."

"Call me Leo. There really is no reason that we need to be so formal."

"OK, Leo."

"Your parents should be here soon, Kelly called them and told them you were awake."

"Thanks for taking care of me, Leo."

"It has been my pleasure, Sarah."

"When do you think I will be able to go home?"

"Anytime, you just need to take it easy for the next week. You can do that here or at home, but either way, I want to see you in a week to check your progress," Leo said with a smile.

"I guess that I would like to go home then if I can to be honest, I really hate hospitals."

Leo laughed, "So do most people, including myself. I will arrange to have you discharged, tomorrow. There are a few tests, which I would like to run first before I send you home."


[-][+][-]


It was around 10:A.M. when I heard a knock on the door and a man and woman came into the room. They both looked to be around 40 years old. I could tell right away just by looking at the woman that they were mother and daughter. Sarah and this woman looked that much a like. Seeing the two of them made me uncomfortable because I did not know either one of them and for some reason, I was in possession of their daughter’s body.

When the woman saw me, she ran over and started hugging me, as did the man. It had been along time since anyone had show me affection, not even my own father was the kind of man that showed his feelings, other then that phone call. I could tell that he was crying, its just a shame it took me dyeing before he was able to show any feelings towards me.

After the two of them let me go, I took a deep breath and looked over at them and tried to think of something to say, then just told them what the doctor said.  I know that you are both my parents but I have amnesia and do not remember either of you, until the nurse told me this morning I did not even know my own name. He said it may come back in pieces or all at once but there is also the chance it may never come back at all.

Janice took a seat on the bed next to her daughter and took her hand, "Honey, whatever happens, you are our daughter and we will deal with it as a family."

"That is right we are a family and it does not matter if you remember us or not. We have all the time in the world to get to know each other again," Andrew said.

The rest of the day, they stayed with me and told me stories about things that Sarah had done, and stuff we had done together as a family. I did enjoy their company but found myself tiring out and was glad when they finely left and fell asleep within minutes.


[-][+][-]


When I woke up, I was not alone sitting in the chair next to me was someone. He was holding my hand as I looked over at him, he looked really familiar, but I knew that was impossible. But there was something else about him that intrigued me. As he held my hand, I felt funny inside, it was really hard for me to understand, then all then sudden, I said, "Adam."

He smiled, "You remember me."

I looked at him. "Yes and no, when I looked at you I felt something. It felt like I have known you for all my life. Were you and I together?"

Adam smiled, "Yeah Sarah, we have been dating for over a year now," Adam said with a smile. Do you remember anything else?"

"Not really, I am surprised that I was even able to remember you,. M parents were here earlier and I do not remember them at all, but when I saw you, it triggered something."

"That is a good sign, you must still have access to your memories, and chances are you will remember other things too."

"So, how did you get in here anyway its visiting hours but only family is aloud to see me?"

"I have been worried about you all week, and could not wait any longer and I had to see you. So, I snuck in; you are not going to tell are you?"

"It will be our little secret, I could use the company," I said with a smile.

He smiled back ad kissed me.

"So, how did the two of us meet anyway?"

"We have known each other for years, we met in the First Grade, then last year, we started dating. I've always liked you, but last year things changed."

"In what way?"

"I had just broken up with Karen Summer, and did not have a date for the summer social, and I was not going to bother going but you talked me into going. When I picked you up you looked so beautiful, I could not take my eyes off you, I had seen you plenty of times before, but this was different. I knew at that moment that I was in love with you and the two of us have been together ever since."

I could not believe what Adam had just said, but I also knew that every word he said was the truth. I could feel it inside, what was going on with me; it seemed that Sarah’s memories and feelings were starting to come forth. I could see why Sarah was in love with him.

I was glad when he said that he had to get going because things were getting complicated. It is confusing enough having to deal with my own feelings, right now, but having Sarah’s too was more then I could take at that moment.

Adam leaned over and gave me a kiss before leaving and it was as if I had no control of my own body, as he kissed me I automatically responded and returned the kiss.

I could not believe what had just happened. I had just kissed a boy and not only had I enjoyed it but it made me feel all funny inside.

That night I slept like a baby, I had dreams and Adam was in them, the question was, were they really dreams or memories, it did not really matter, I was happy in them and I could feel the love that the two of us shared. I had never really experienced that kind of love when I was a male. I had been in relationships but there was always something missing. What Sarah and Adam had something special.


[-][+][-]


The next morning, I was finishing my breakfast, when Leo dropped in,"How is my girl doing this morning?"

I smiled, "I am doing great, thanks."

"Are you still feeling any pain?"

"It is better then it was yesterday."

"So, how do you feel about going home today, Sarah?"

"I am a little nervous, I do not really remember my parents and I find it hard knowing what to say around them. That is understandable, but the only way you are going to be comfortable is if you spend time with them. It is just as hard on them. In many ways they lost a daughter and gained one that they do not really know. It will just take time, but everything is going to workout," Leo said with a smile.

I smiled back.

"I will see you next week, remember that you need to take it easy for the next few days."


[-][+][-]



End Of Part Two




To Be Continued in Part Three

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rebirth Part 2

Will be fun to see how the new girl deals with things.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Fun stroy

I like the way it is moving forward and not dwelling on the pain.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of inverted commas.
as in:-

Do you remember anything else asked Adam? Not really, I am surprised that I was even able to remember you, my parents were here earlier and I do not remember them at all, but when I saw you, it triggered something. That is a good sign, you must still have access to your memories, and chances are you will remember other things to Adam said. So how did you get in here anyway its visiting hours but only family is aloud to see me? Adam smiled, I have been worried about you all week, and could not wait any longer I had to see you. I snuck in; you are not going to tell are you Adam said with a smile.

"Do you remember anything else?" asked Adam.

"Not really. I am surprised that I was even able to remember you. My parents were here earlier and I do not remember them at all. But when I saw you, it triggered something."

"That is a good sign. You must still have access to your memories and chances are you will remember other things too," Adam said.

"So how did you get in here anyway? It's visiting hours but only family is allowed to see me."

Adam smiled, "I have been worried about you all week and could not wait any longer; I had to see you. I snuck in. You are not going to tell are you?" Adam said with a smile.

Which would you rather read?
There are still some errors in the above, but can be allowed (not aloud) because they represent speech patterns.
Keep writing and keep learning! :D

Re: Rebirth Part Three

Rebirth Part Three is finished and should be posted soon !!!

Super - you edited it!!

Mucho better thanks!
Now you see how well it reads?
Perhaps one or two too many commas, but that's cool - you'll get the hang of it!

Aloud is with noise
Allowed is permission to.
no commas before and or but