Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 12 - Rising Dragons

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
August 30th 2995

Well it's been rather uneventful since I got home last night. I was absolutely shattered when I got home. I had just summoned an Egyptian god card and found out I have a duel spirit as well in the same day, so this has changed my outlook on life if it has not already changed more times than not.

So it's time to get dressed to go to duel academy, but as my mum told me yesterday I am going in a different way to get there. It seems my mum has gone and done another thing Seto Kaiba did in the anime, she has built the one of a kind Blue-Eyes White Dragon jet.

Although this one has a few extras over the one Seto built. It has for some completely weird reason a full functioning duel arena emitters built in it. Did mum foresee the eventual need for this to be built? I would not want to guess.

So I have to wear a flight suit, this one is custom fitting — it has nano fibers which when activated size the suit to my body, so making it comfortable but also providing maximum protection. So with my underwear on, I slip the suit on and the fibers activate in the suit, hugging my teen body.

It is at this point that I realize that I have achieved what I was always wanting back in my old life, to feel complete, but I would never look as good as a genetic girl with my old body. But with what Atem and my mum have done I have the chance to live the life I always wanted.

I know I should never forget where I come from, but I want to have a clean slate.

It is as I start to get the rest of my stuff, I see myself in the mirror in my room. I'm actually filling out up top, or is that my suit showing it? Hmm, it be a while yet before I have to get fitted for a bra, but I will love when that day comes.

So I pick up my duel disk and put it in a travel-bag which mum has designed. The lovely thing about this suit is that it has some external pockets and attachment points, so I load up my decks on the ones on my legs, and put my god card necklace in the left breast pocket.

I get my travel case with Academy uniform and other things for there and head out of my room and see mum in her flight suit and her helmet — yes she has a Blue-Eyes White Dragon helmet.

"Well daughter, you ready to go to duel academy?"

"Yeah, ready as I'll ever be."

Mum looks me over.

"Oh, I just noticed, your chest is beginning to fill out."

"Yeah, I think it might be the suit though."

"Good thought."

"So shall we head up to the roof?"

"Yes."

We head to the elevator, and get in. Of course taking my bags with me.

"Miss Kaiba, the jet is fueled and pre-flight checks have been carried out."

"Thank you, EVA."

"Mum, will I have the link to the Kaiba Corp. network at duel academy?"

"Yes, I'll even have EVA come with you."

"You sure mum?"

"Yeah, I have her here."

She lifts up a phone like device.

"Oh."

"Yeah, she's on an optical crystal drive. And this communication device is secure and fast enough for EVA to do her work. Also I would like to have a part of me there with you just to make myself feel safe."

"Thanks mum. And EVA I hope I do not fail to use you correctly."

"Thank you daughter."

"Thank you Tanya, in a way you are my sister I suppose."

"That’s true."

We arrive at the top of Kaiba Corp. HQ and I see across from the elevator the Blue-Eyes White Dragon jet. It looks like if it were actually a real-life Blue-Eyes White Dragon if not for the avionics needed for flight.

We head up to the jet, and Mum opens the cockpit up and then heads to the belly of the jet to open up the cargo hold for the jet. Mum puts in my Duel Disk and carry case and then reseals the cargo hold.

Then we get into the cockpit but as I have to enter first, mum gives me her deck to put on my flight suit.

"Mum, why are you giving me your deck?"

"I need to not have anything which could snag on the flight controls for the jet, and there’s more room in the front."

"Ah, okay."

So I attach the deck on my right leg, and get into the seat at the front. Mum then gets into her seat and then lowers the cockpit roof.

"Daughter, you know how to put on a five point harness?"

"Yeah, I have seen it done many times."

So I put the flight harness on, to tie me into the ejector seat. Then I look in front of me, and see that it looks like more controls would go here but looks like complete blank canvas, then I remember what mum told me about this jet.

It has Duel Arena technology, plus the fact there is a great viewing angle here in the front seat, must mean that the spaces here are just the storing lids for the duel system which is built into the jet.

I hear mum belt herself in, and put her helmet on

"Well all systems are ready, Tanya there is a helmet there for you."

I see that there is helmet lying on the console, I put it on.

"Its on mum."

"Let's go."

The jet begins to fire up, and we begin lifting off, like the old VTOL planes of old. It takes about 30 seconds to get up to a nice height and we then switch to horizontal flight mode and blast off to Duel Academy.

It's about 40 minutes into the flight I start to think about where Duel Academy is set up. It is set on an island off the main land of Japan. But as I'm dwelling on this, I feel a sense of unease and my newly empowered shadow senses are ticked off immediately.

"Mum, I can sense some shadow magic near us in the air."

"Wait, did I just hear you right?"

"Yeah, you did."

"Oh, is it getting closer?"

I look up through the transparent cockpit which on the outside looks like Blue-Eyes White Dragon scales on its head and I see an insect duel monster in mid air coming towards us. It's Insect Queen.

"Mum, have you got that Duel Arena tech working on here yet?"

"Yes."

"Need to fire it up now. Also I think it's going to be easier if this is going to be a Shadow Game that I use monsters which already have flight in mind."

"Daughter you may use my deck for this duel."

"Wait, you sure mum, would the Blue-Eyes spirits not agree with this?"

It is then I hear Mana.

"Tanya, I have spoken to them, and they agree that they will do anything for their master and they trust you to wield them well. Might I suggest you insert one of the three god cards into the deck for this shadow duel?"

"Hmm, I think I shall."

I hit the button on the console and it transforms in front of me into what can only be described as the dueling layout on a 5D's Duel Runner. I get mums deck from my right leg and proceed to get my god necklace and take out a god card for this duel. I choose Slifer the Sky Dragon and put it into the deck.

I take the deck and put into the duel deck hold and it auto shuffles. Then we hear the Insect Queen speak to us as it pulls up along side us. Mum hits the transparency button for the cockpit, but only for the area I am in.

"Well I see I have found the one I am looking for."

I reply back.

"Well you have, the only way you are getting anything from me is if you win in a shadow duel."

"I agree to these terms."

"Well, let's duel."


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 13 — Flight of Blue Eyes

up
42 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 12

Like what you've done here. But who is the antagonist?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well

That would be telling

Tanya and mum

I think that when Serena calls Tanya she shouldn't call her daughter because it sounds so formal like Serena doesn't know her name or something. So may I suggest thy Serena just call Tanya by a nickname or just call her Tanya to make a more bonding relationship

On that point

Well, Selina is still getting used to fact that she has a daughter its only been a month since she has gained tanya as a daughter

Insect Queen's Deck

Drakira's picture

Hmm.... If I had to guess, I would say that Insect Queen would be using a deck that is comparable to Weevil Underwood's. Hopefully, this queen fights fair and not cheat like Weevil.

Drakira

Drakira

Well

She is, two incarnations of Weevils Deck - Duelist Kingdom and Battle City - not having Seal of Oricalchos one as well

Well its going to be while before i post another chapter of this.

Rising Dawn is Fic im working on now.

Insect Queen v Blue Eye White Dragon

Drakira's picture

I wonder what the duel will be. It has been a while since you have posted a chapter for this one.

Drakira