Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 10 - Duel Academy

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
I take in the applause which is still going on around the arena. Then I see my Mum and Maxine appear on the Duel Arena floor with the other exam passers in front of them.

We are gestured to line up. With Principal Sheppard, Maxine and Mum in front of the gathered students. Then the Principal speaks.

"Well Duel Academy entrants, you stand here as the first intake of students into Duel Academy. I need to explain the dorms."

"The dorms are named after the 3 most powerful cards in duel monsters, 1 of which you have seen today. The dorms are Slifer Red, Ra Yellow and Obelisk Blue. These dorms are different in how they are laid out."

"The Slifer Red is like dorm rooms of old, has 3 students per dorm room. With a toilet in the room and separate shower block for male and female. Ra Yellow is a singular dorm room with a toilet and also has separate shower block for male and female. Obelisk Blue is a hotel room with toilet and shower/bath."

"You have been placed according to academic and dueling prowess into each of the 3 dorms. There will be opportunity to go from Slifer Red to Ra Yellow, Ra Yellow to Obelisk Blue, but this depends on academic and dueling success. There are exceptions: for instance, some students will be automatically Ra Yellow or Obelisk Blue if they have a medical reason to be not sharing with other students."

"I will confirm now that, Tanya Weston Kaiba is an Obelisk Blue. This is due to her dueling Prowess and the fact she has the personal recommendation of Miss Pegasus. Also the fact she has had the best private tutors, so her academic record is not in doubt."

"I will say this, if you have an objection with this, please make it in writing to me when we get to Duel Academy."

"Dueling at the Academy, will be monitored via the Duel Disks which you all will be issued with." Gestures to the one on her arm. "Although Tanya Kaiba will be keeping her Duel Disk as it's one of the main prototypes and has been given to her by her mother. Duels will be allowed at any time at Duel Academy, but academic work must come first and no duels can be done during class time, unless it's Duel Class."

"Dueling will also be available as a tool to solve disputes at the dueling academy. Another note is that we have an on-site medical facility courtesy of Kaiba Corps. medical division, and also having one of the Kaiba corp. medics joining us."

"Now on to a main point, relationships, as you are 11 to 12 year olds, are to be kept to what 11 to 12 should have as relationships. But I will say this, nothing beyond kissing and holding hands is allowed."

"Now, when you are dismissed, you are to go to changing rooms here so you can get your clothing measurements done. Tanya Kaiba your measurements are already done, I think you know how this was done, but you can be there to support the female students."

"But, Miss Kaiba of Kaiba Corp. and Miss Pegasus would like to say a few words."

Principal Sheppard stands back and both Mum and Maxine step forward, and Maxine speaks first.

"Well Duel Academy students, this is a unique opportunity. You get to shape as the first students how the Duel Academy should work. Also you give the Duel Disk system its real world test."

"As you want to know, the duel academy duel disk is the same for all students with duel disks in dorm colours as edging around the hub of the duel disk. Tanya here will keep her prototype Duel Disk as a favor from me and Miss Kaiba for helping us test the duel disk system when we where still developing it."

"I now yield, to Miss Kaiba here."

Maxine steps back and Mum steps forward.

"Well I hope you liked the duel disks which you used today. I have had a time developing these. But I am pleased with the results. I am announcing today officially that I have appointed someone to be Vice-President of Dueling Technology. This means that they are responsible for the testing of any new dueling products."

"This Duel Academy is an all time school — that all of your time will be spent there during term time. You will be allowed to go back home during holidays, you are allowed to leave the school during term time if there is a sufficient personal reason."

"Now, I expect you all to treat my daughter with respect, not to hound her. You may even be friends with her once you have been to duel academy for a while."

"So let's get you to the changing rooms to get measured."

We then head off to the changing rooms to get fitted for our school clothes. I see that some of the girls have already developed breast tissue, not much mind you but makes me think when I get mine to start growing.

Oh well, can't wait. Ah, I see Doctor Fanton is here and is waiting to administer medical tests, but no girl is going forward, so I go up.

"Doctor Fanton."

"Ah Tanya, how are you feeling today?"

"As well I can expect to be, with the dueling and all."

"So, you come up for medical exam to put the other girls at rest?"

"Yeah."

"Well come up then."

I go up to doctor Franton with her Medical booth. I’m already in my underwear so I step in to the booth, and I am scanned.

It is over in 30 seconds, and I step out.

"So Doc, any problems? Compared to my scan last week?"

"Yes, a bit of iron problem but that is to be expected with what you did today."

"Ah, give me the tablet doc."

She hands me the tablet which she had with her. I pick up the drink on the table and take the tablet and then take it there and then.

I go back to the bench with my clothes on it, and a girl comes up to me.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?"

"I just wondering what that tablet you took was?"

"An iron tablet, for a medical problem I get some times."

"Oh, I did not introduce myself, I am Saless, Obelisk Blue."

"I am Tanya Weston Kaiba, Obelisk Blue."


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 11 — Friendship Born

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

hmm

How do i get so Chapter order is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 not 1-10-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 with weight of 1 on all of the chapters - have had use Weight 2 on chapter 10 to get it in the right place

Well a way is

I'm ripping it of others posted the same question in some blog, or forum post, you'd do well finding it anyway, but:

Write the numbers as 01-02-03-04-05-06-07 etc.
Of course, if this goes on as Bike does, every power of ten number you'll have to go around and redo to 001, 0001 and even more. ;)

But that's just one possible way.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I had the same problem, I

I had the same problem, I think it has to be words or something. Like chapter one, two, three, four. I could be wrong. Sephy knows more than i do so you might want to send her a pm. Or Erin. one of the two. They usually fix it for me.
I used to be broken, I used to be lost. Unsure of what I was, until he found me...

Never be afraid to push yourself to new limits. While you might not see the path, you will be amazed at what you can achieve.

Well

I think i can fix it with adding 0 to Pre 10 chapters

Going up one level...

Puddintane's picture

...is the way it's designed to work. There are fifteen positive levels, so that's fifteen powers of ten, which is a powerful lot of chapters even by Wuthering Dormice standards, which is up to level three just now and will have to bump up to level four when it reaches 10,000 chapters, which should be any day now... Angharad will run out of levels at Chapter 9,999,999,999,999,999, so loyal readers should be forewarned that trouble lies ahead.

Of course, to be perfectly fair, at the present rate of progress, the sun will have entered its red giant phase -- let's say a mere ten billion years from now (set your stopwatch!) -- and the Earth will have burnt up long before that happens, so Big Closet will have had to relocate its servers, which will be a great opportunity to expand the scheme.

0 000 000 000 111 111
0 123 456 789 012 345 Level

9,999,999,999,999,999 Chapters

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Blatant friend-inserting! ^_^

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

And a delicious one at that! :D

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 10

Three Houses for the Dual Academy. Cool.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Heres some Sneak peaks

Well

Selina and Tanya will have a Tag duel against some badies and some Fusion action will occur

Tanya will get challenged at Duel Academy by someone who thinks dragons can beat her deck

Exodia will be used in a duel

The other 2 God cards will be used in a duel - Maybe all 3 could be played in the same deck who knows

Saless's Character will duel

Tanya Will accquire some shadow powers and will get a yami spirit as a result

Many more to come - unless u the readers want to see some other things occur

So far I like ur work I was

So far I like ur work
I was still hoping for something big with slifer since slifer is yugi's main card

please no spoilers

i like to be surprised as much as possible i think that makes the story more enjoyable when you don't know what will happen.

well

Some of things i have mentioned are easy enough to figure out