Sarah Carerra - 1.04 - Meet Megan Campbell, Teenage Girl (In Training)

Printer-friendly version
"Megan?" I heard someone ask while we were eating. I turned to look, and Emily was standing there, looking at me trying to decide if what she was seeing was real.

"Hi Em," I started, not quite sure how to explain my presence
 

Sarah Carerra
Chapter 4 - Meet Megan Campbell, Teenage Girl (In Training)
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2009 Megan Campbell
Released: October 19, 2009

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from Istockphoto.com . ~Sephrena

Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Chapter 4 - Meet Megan Campbell, Teenage Girl (In Training)

The rest of the afternoon was amazing! I'd never been in a sound studio before, but Scott seemed to have a way of putting me at ease. I don't know if I could have finished the CD without him there to help me get through it.

He had me sing a couple more Hannah Montana songs, claiming that we would probably be after the same target market. But he also gave me some sheet music to read through and try to learn the words for. After 15-20 minutes, he had me start singing the song, entitled 'Intuition'. I could see Scott and my dad in the control booth, and the look on their faces as I sang was one of awe.

The new song was apparently one the studio was floating around to some of their top scouts. They were looking for a young girl who could make the song skyrocket up the hit charts. According to Scott, I was exactly what they were looking for. He was acting like a kid on Christmas morning as he burned a copy of the CD, and placed it into his briefcase, muttering something about how long he would have to wait to play it for the record company because of the weekend.

Dad and I left shortly after signing some paperwork. He felt certain that we were going to hear from the record company quickly.

Mom hugged and kissed me when I got home, clearly happy that Scott hadn't backed out of giving me the opportunity to sing. I think she was afraid that if he did, I wouldn't try living as Megan. Truth was I probably would have started living as Megan either way.

In celebration, she decided we needed to go shopping. Apparently I needed all kinds of new clothes if I was going to make this change a reality.

*  *  *

I had a couple of outfits for Megan in my closet from previous outings, and mom made me change into a pair of jeans and a pink top after forcing me to take a shower and shave my legs and underarms. She then tied my hair back into a ponytail with a lacy ribbon. A dab of makeup and I looked like any other 16-year-old girl!

Instead of cringing at how quickly I could be turned into a girl, like I usually did, I liked the idea this time! If I was embracing this new life, then I was glad this part would be easy. I even thought I was fairly attractive.

The boys seemed to agree. They would stare at my mom and me while we shopped, but I was pretty sure they weren't looking at Mom...much. It was a strange feeling, but one I no longer seemed to find disgusting, like I had on my previous outings as Megan.

Shopping is definitely a different experience when you're a girl. Mom insisted that we start at the beauty parlor. They didn't have any openings available, but I did get an appointment for Monday evening.

They did pierce my ears for free though, something I wasn't expecting to do. Mary had suggested earlier that morning that I should try to live full time while not at school. In three weeks when the school year ended I could then live full time, and we would register me as Megan when school started up again. Having pierced ears was going to make these last three weeks difficult. At least the studs weren't too flashy, but they were quite feminine.

Next my mom dragged me into a department store and over to the junior’s section. She then proceeded to get me fitted for a bra.

"She doesn't have much," my mom was telling the sales lady. "We were wondering if you had anything that could maybe...emphasize a bit."

The lady chuckled, which didn't make me feel any better about my small chest. Why couldn't it grow faster?

Wow! Where did that thought come from? It was the first time that I was unhappy about the small growth. Before, I was wishing that it wasn't growing at all!

I was ushered into one of the dressing rooms, where the lady asked me to take off my top. A little embarrassed, I complied. Nobody other than my mom had seen them before. She then took a measuring tape and took a few measurements. AA, possibly an A was her pronouncement.

"Wait here, I'll see what we can do," she said before leaving me alone in the dressing room.

I turned back to the mirror, and took a good look at myself. Wearing a pair of girl’s jeans, and with my upper torso nude, I looked like a girl! There was no way to deny it. The small waist, the girly nipples, and the budding breasts were enough to convince anyone who would have seen me!

I was mesmerized with myself until she returned; handing me a bra that she claimed "has some padding."

It did. Putting it on really made a big difference, even Mom was excited when I showed her. She gave me a huge hug and said her little girl was growing up too fast.

We proceeded to purchase a number of these bras, and some panties to go with them. My mom then started in on the rest. Pantyhose, jeans, pants, skirts, tops, even a couple of dresses were soon being rung up and placed in bags as we moved along the mall.

I think my mom got carried away with the bikini though. I knew from wearing panties that I could pass convincingly in the crotch area with a tuck, and would be able to do so in the bikini, but I certainly wasn't ready to wear it. Mom just said I would need something to wear this summer.

We then proceeded to the food court, where we ordered a couple of salads and found a seat.

"Megan?" I heard someone ask while we were eating. I turned to look, and Emily was standing there, looking at me while trying to decide if what she was seeing was real.

"Hi, Em," I started, not quite sure how to explain my presence.

"It IS you!" she said, sitting down at one of the empty seats at our table. "What are you doing here?"

"Um," I said, still struggling with how to respond. "Shopping?"

"Obviously," she retorted, looking at the bags on the floor. "But what are YOU doing here?"

My mom was staying out of this conversation, unfortunately. I saw the amusement in her eyes when I glanced at her briefly before turning back to Emily.

"The demo CD went really well," I explained. "I'm going to be living as a girl for a while."

The shock on Emily's face was apparent. I'd talked to her and to Ethan about the possibility of living as Megan, but it always seemed like something in the future.

"All the time?" she asked. She seemed happier with the prospect than I thought she would.

"Except for school, at least until the end of the year."

"That's so great!" she said, wrapping me in a hug. "I'm so excited! We're going to be even better friends!"

"So you're okay with it?" I asked her, still not completely sure.

"You bet! I've been waiting for this moment for years!"

I shook my head, not really believing what she was saying.

"Oh my gosh!" she nearly screamed. "You got your ears pierced!"

She went on and on about my upcoming life changes while my mom and I continued eating. I think she was more excited than I was at that point.

"We still need to get shoes," my mom interrupted when we had finished eating.

"I'm coming with you guys," Emily told us. I think Mom was slightly peeved at her, interrupting our first true mother/daughter outing, but she seemed to realize that Emily was my best friend, and I was going to need all the support that I could get in the months ahead.

We ended up buying way more shoes than I thought I needed. I struggled slightly when trying on heels, but I'd worn them before and got better as we continued shopping.

"Do you need a ride home?" Mom asked Emily when we were finished.

Emily nodded. "If it's alright, it would save my mom the trip out to get me."

Mom nodded back to her, and Emily pulled out her cell phone to let her mom know she no longer needed a ride.

The Prescotts, Emily's family, live next door to us, so it was easy enough to give her a ride home. I figured she'd be over at my home anyway to see what I had purchased. I was right.

We pulled into the garage, and Emily helped my mom and I lug the numerous bags into my room.

"At least you don't have to redecorate," Emily told me when we had entered my room. I merely nodded. The furniture was actually pretty unisex, but I had a vanity against one wall and the dominant color was a pastel yellow. I couldn't recall when my room had become so girly, it seemed like it happened gradually over the last couple of years.

It took us a while to unpack the bags. My mom made us bag up most of my boy clothes, leaving only enough to get me through the last three weeks of school. When we started putting away my new clothes, Emily made me try on nearly every outfit. She burst into a fit of giggles when she saw the bikini, but at least she didn't make me try it on.

Later that night while laying in bed, wearing a soft nightgown we had purchased earlier, I marveled at how quickly the transformation had occurred. It was only this morning that I had talked to Mary about it, and now I was dreading Monday morning, when I would have to dress as a boy again.

With a sigh, I drifted off to sleep.

*  *  *

Chapter 5 - When Did He Become A Girl?
Coming Soon...

 

up
306 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

and now I was dreading Monday morning

Andrea Lena's picture

...when I would have to dress as a boy again.
I loved what Emily had to say..."You bet! I've been waiting for this moment for years!" I just love this story...you've taken an old idea and breathed new life into it; making it fresh and new. Thanks.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Huh?

When Did He Become A Girl?

A perfect title for a perfect (here hopes ;) ) next chapter!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I like it!

It's certainly a refreshing idea - and it seems as though he's suddenly started realising he's been gradually getting more feminine for a while (probably since the accident - but more particularly over the past few years his body's slow release of estrogens - without testosterone to compensate). And the preview of the following chapter title is a nice little teaser that gives a hint of what's going to happen without giving anything away.

Keep up the good work :)
 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

meeting Megan

laika's picture

While with 1,2 & 3 I was wishing they weren't such short little chapters, this was just the right length for the obligatory "shopping at the mall" scene- something that oddly I've probably spent more time reading about in t.g. fiction than actually doing (although I'm just starting to overcome my weird agoraphobic panic response to these places & even enjoy it with the right company, like when 'Drea gets a new charge card and drags me to the Paramus Park or Garden State Plaza malls...). Emily's a fun girlfriend for Meagan; and Mom does seem to be loving having a daughter but isn't as scary as some of the moms you read about in these tales ....... unless she put that big rock out in the middle of PCH.
~~~hugs, Laika

Chapter Length

I think the biggest comment I've received about the story so far is that the chapters are too short. I wrote the first 10 chapters within a week when the idea was so exciting that writing it was the only thing I wanted to do, and didn't give the length much thought.

Unfortunately, I was already working on Chapter 17 when I started to get that kind of feedback. The majority of the chapters up through chapter 20 are about as long as this one. Chapter 6 is unfortunately about half the length, but it is the only truly short chapter.

I've been working on Chapter 21-24 over the last 3 weeks, and I keep surprising myself by writing chapters that are more than double the length of this one. I don't know if I can sustain that length and still release an episode every week (which I'll be doing here once we're caught up with FM), but I'm certainly going to try. :)

Thank you everybody for your wonderful feedback. I'm so glad that I had a number of people email me and request that I post the story here. I honestly had never heard of this site a month ago, but already I am in love with it.

The atmosphere that exists here is completely different to any other story site I've been to. While FM seems like a large bookstore where everyone is fairly anonymous, this site seems more like a bookclub where everyone knows each other. It is definitely a better experience.

Great story. Hope to read

Great story. Hope to read more of Megan in the future.

Scrumptious!

Your story gives the girl in me giggles! Thank you for such an enjoyable tale.

SuZie

SuZie

Sarah Carerra -4

Glad to see her experiencing the life of a teen girl. Looking forward to next chapter.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It seems

Our girl has been unconsciously preparing all the bees years. I expect she will be much happier as her new self.