Shadowsblade: School year 2 Fighting Syndication 5 the sad truth

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

Life moves on and she makes a movie to get Fae kind more "Out there" and joins the NYPD as a teen cop!


Fighting Syndication

—---------------------------------------------------------

The twins and Roz stare ‘red hot daggers’ at the door and try to will the person pounding on it to death via a shared mental wish! Rohanna sighed out as she wearily stood up off the bed with the other two still laying behind her and Rehanna was flipping a sheet to cover both her and Roz up from the door’s view. Rohanna sighed once again slowly and mad, as she whipped on a kimono and headed to the door, just barely giving the long silk robe a tie before she flung the door open “WHAT!? She barked at the boy standing there panting away like he was dying, it was obvious to anyone he was just running a few seconds ago.

“You…PANT…need to go to see…PANT Sam in security…Now…emergency…pant you need to see her now” is all he said and both Drow vanished from sight and one of the pair was under Roz who suddenly found herself hovering mid-air for only a second before she found herself buried face down in the bedsheets!

Roz levered herself up off the cool sheets and up from the bed and stared at the kid weezzzzzing at the still open door, “So they are off to go see Sam and what is this about?”

“Yep its real bad…like someone they know got hurt in New York...PANT”

“So they sent you over here? ANNND where are all the other speedsters at?”

“Still resting up from getting blood from other hospitals and clinics because of the bus wreck earlier tonight.” is all the poor boy gave before his legs gave out and he crumpled to the floor spent.

~o~O~o~

Across the campus just outside the security building

Both Drow pop back into existence wearing one of their lighter armor sets, as this would be a bit better than one showing up completely naked and the other only dressed in a silk Kimono! They choose ‘landing’ by the security building’s front doors rather than inside, as the last time they ‘popped’ in, all the alarms went off across campus! Yes the system detected the twins, both regular and magical. but that was them more just getting to the place, over them hiding when arriving. They do it this way because it's more polite…manners you know…always manners! The way of the Drow!

They both grabbed a handle and swung open the pair doors, then practically jumped into the lobby as one, “We were told that Sam needed to see us about someone we know was hurt over in New York city?” the worried pair asked in stereo.

Dan the front desk admin taps a panel in the tabletop of his desk overlooking the front entrance, “Sam they are here and waiting” is all he says…but that face says it all, the look of “I’m sorry” breaks the twins right there.

Sam came out of her office to stand just inside her door and gently waved to the pair “Come on in here for me,”

NO!!” the pair shouted in exact unison, “YOU TELL US OUT HERE AND DO IT NOW!” they demanded and anyone with a brain knew they were mad, so mad that any sane person would run if they knew them at all!

“They got hurt right after you left to help us here, but let's all go to the hospital so you can see them,” Sam said as gently as she could, secretly hoping the pair would keep level headed about this tragedy.

“So us…us going to help kids, got them hurt?” Rohanna asked why such a good deed or act hurt the ones they cared about…why?

“It happened, it was going to happen and you helping kids LIVE is what both of them want or would have demanded you DO and you know that deep down…don’t you?” Sam said to the pair as if she was only really speaking to one and not a pair of twins, she knew they were bonded so deep it might as well be one being and not two.

“Yes, so what do we do now?” Rehanna asked, sounding a little bit less angry now and seemingly lost on what to do next. The Drow were not healers at all and lost in situations like this one.

“We go to the hospital and see what we can do…you know BE there for them and their families.”

“So let's go?” they both asked in stereo.

“We are waiting for Tony to get here, Leon’s nephew. His dad called us to get Tony there to New York and I thought you both should know about it all and go with him. Besides, who or what is faster? Your teleporting us, or all of us using a car or maybe a plane?” she smiled, daring the pair to come up with a better idea than their own powers.

The security department’s lobby’s door swung open and Tony walked in followed by two of the security staff, “So what happened?” he asked and had to do a double take when he saw the twins, “So how bad is my uncle Leon,” he asked, knowing if they were here, it must be Leon as that was the only logical link between them all if they were not in class.

“We are going to the hospital and they will tell you all there, I really don’t know all of this myself. I was just told to get you there or in the case of the twins tell them what is going on.” Sam explained and the twins could tell that she was not lying, they didn't tell Sam anything happening over in NYC!

“So let's get going then!” Tony demanded.

“Well Sam he has spoken, let’s get moving out squidyyyyyy!” Rehanna said angrily more than insulting the woman and EX-SEAL before she was changed by nanites.

“No need for that Rehanna, I did not hurt your friends, but it’s Saint Jude’s hospital where we are going to,”

“Figures it would be ‘Uncle Juda’ were a cop would end up…the saint of hopeless causes!” Rohanna spat as she grabbed the door leading out and swung it open, “Well don’t just stand there drooling…lets go!” she barked.

Sam stepped out the door with Tony right behind, “You know where it's at?” she asked one twin.

“We memorized the whole city months ago, down to the location of each corner mailbox…yes we know!” Rehanna growled.

“Grab hold and Tony you might get sick a bit with one of our ports, so have one of these to settle your stomach” Rohanna said as she gave the fellow teen and classmate a chocolate mint wrapped in foil she pulled from her dimensional storage.

“What is that?” Sam had to question.

“It's a mint we had made from some very rare herbs from ‘the grove’. The main healer out there made them for us to help humans better tolerate our porting powers.” Rehanna said as Tony ate the small candy, because he trusted the pair.

“I never heard of you using them or handing them out before?” Sam quizzed the pair.

“Did not have them till recently and we don’t care if some people get a bit sick…you can guess that we care more about Tony here than most!”

“What?” Sam shouted as Rohanna grabbed her hand and they all ported away.

~o~O~o~

A split second later in New York city

The whole group popped back into existence in the ER loading area and walked towards the doors. A large contingent of NYPD was there watching everyone go in or out and Sam took the lead showing her ID…the cops were not impressed at all. Now Rehanna slid and shouldered past the surprised Sam and showed them her set of NYPD ID’s, the cops nodded and waved her and Rohanna right in.

“This is Tony, the nephew of Officer Leon Garibaldi,” Rehanna said, grabbing Tony by the arm and all but yanking the timid teen forward.

One of the older cops dressed in a suit nodded, the suit alone noted her as a detective at the least “Escort them in Jones and make sure they get to where the family is waiting unmolested by the stupid media…heck all three of you goofs go and escort them!” he barked at the small pack of young cops nearest the doors.

The group was about to leave Sam behind, “Ahh she has to come with us…to keep an eye on us kids.” Rohanna shrugged, even though she was partially far older than Sam in many ways!

“Go with them, “ the woman indicated with a quick tilt of her head towards the doors.

The group of cops led them up several floors up the elevator, passing by a few SWAT cops that must be keeping watch. Sam took that as very strange and the act indicated this was bad enough that the NYPD must be fearing a further attack of sorts, so it was beefing up security on this floor with hurt cops and family on it!

One of the cops pointed down a hallway and into a room where you could clearly hear crying. Tony entered the room and ran up to a tall man there that hugged him closely, “Dad…how's uncle Leo?” he asked.

The man instantly sighed and one could tell he was dreading this, “Tony your uncle died tonight on a call.”

Sam watched the twins for their reaction and could see they were very close to losing it, but they sucked it back as best they could...then she watched as that sadness flipped to anger…no it was pure rage. VERY scary even to her ‘rage’ that they both showed.

“Mr Garibaldi,” Rehanna asked the man who Tony was hugging, “Where is Kelly…Kelly O'Rourke?”

“He is down the hallway in one of the observation rooms being taken care of…” he said, choking back his own tears at the loss of his brother.

“Thanks…we will be back,” they said in emotionless stereo

The twins spun around and left the room stalking down the hallway towards the ER observation rooms that most patients end up in just before heading up to ICU or a regular room for the night or a few days.

Just down the hallway there was yet one more pack of cops standing around and the pair recognized most of them, “So how is Kelly?” Rehanna asked the group, while Rohanna looks around quickly for Kelly and any threats Sam bets!

A man wearing captain's bars speaks up first , He is over there in that room with a detective and Tom…” he corrected himself and used his proper rank,”well the commissioner…going over the attack.”

“What attack Cap…what happened…WHERE?! No one has told us a thing yet?” Rehanna said at an almost shout.

“Well it seems right after you left Kelly and Leon to help kids out…and I will NEVER fault or blame you for doing that, as saving young lives was the decision for you both to go. That is when a domestic disturbance call came in, one from a violent repeat offender, So knowing that, Leon rushed up stairs to the apartment. While Kelly was busy calling in their arrival on scene and an update, then followed Leon in…just a bit behind. Leon was first in the apartment door, after he kicked it in and was met by some sort of bomb as he entered the first hallway. That is what I am told.” Captain Wiggum, sadly gave and kept to the basics of what had happened as he understood it.

“We want to see Kelly and the chief…we need in on this investigation, as us Drow can see, hear, smell, darn near anything you can name far better than you humans ever could and then add we are the best trained trackers you have in your hands!” Rehanna told her boss.

“Okay, you should see Kelly. He would love to see you both and show that he is getting better.” the captain said and started walking down the short hallway to one of the observation rooms. Where he knocked only once and walked right in, “I have a guest with me, one I bet Kelly wants to see right now,” he said with a grin to those in the room.

Rohanna entered the room and smiled to Kelly, who was lying in an adjustable bed with a detective on one side and Tom the commissioner of the NYPD on the other. Liz, his wife, was sitting in one of the room’s chairs and a young man was holding her hand. By looks alone, the Drow could tell that this was their only son.

“Heya Kelly, you getting better?” she asked.

“Girls…I’ll be fine…we lost Leon. “ he said sadly choking up on his words and Liz even started to cry too.

“We heard. I wish that we were there…we…we could have.” she started and Kelly interrupted her, “NO! This is not your fault, you went off to save kids and no matter what happened I …we would have not wanted it any other way.”

“But Leon?” Rehanna said tearing up for the first time and Liz almost jumped out of her chair to hug the teen, “Shhhhh not your fault, just be happy we have one of them and we will find out who did this!”

“On finding out who did this?” Rohanna started and looked at Tom, “Commissioner we want in on this.”

“Nope, you are both too close to this. It would look like a personal beef to outsiders or the court when it all ends up there.” he said back shaking his head to the question of the pair getting involved on any level of the case.

“It is a ‘personal beef’!” Rehanna sassed back, “We are the best trackers or hunters you got on hand. We can see, smell, taste, feel and do things you humans or your machines can’t ever do!”

“Hummm Sonny,” Tom looked at the detective in the room, “Would it hurt if they looked the crime scene over?”

“Only if they don't listen or follow protocol and contaminate the evidence.”

“Fine, let's have them look over the place while the CSI team is there, it can’t hurt?”

“If you say so chief.” the detective shrugged hoping it would not come back to bite the case at some later date.

“Have someone take these ladies over to the crime scene and get them all set up please.” the commissioner ordered.

Kelly levered himself up in his bed a little better, “Now you two this is not a search and destroy mission! When you find them, YOU BRING THEM BACK alive and in one piece! None of this making them vanish or killing them or worse!” Kelly ordered, “Promise me and promise Leon even though he is not here…say it! Say the words, I need to hear them!” he commanded the pair.

“We promise not to harm in any way, anyone who did this crime and to bring them back to your human justice system for trial and punishment.” both said in stereo, but left themselves an ‘out’, they did not even mention not hurting anyone that ordered this or is connected or lastly paid for the deed! Or lastly killing or punishing them after the humans got their turn…because as Drow they could easily wait decades for that one chance and get that vengeance their hearts wanted.

“Good, now go find-em and bring them in girls!” Kelly huffed out in pain as he laid back down on his bed.

“Let's go detective, tell us the address and we can port you with us…just note that teleporting with us can upset some people’s stomachs and more sometimes”

“I am good with it and this will be a new experience!” he said showing the nearest twin his phone and the location's address and Rohanna grabbed his arm and ported away.

“We will tell you about anything we find and keep those on site in the mix…bye!” and Rohanna was gone too.

Sam sighed, “Well I am glad you thought to get them to promise not to skin or torture whoever did this Kelly, cause I am not sure they would have even listened to me on this! They are just that mad and of late I am not sure they even listen to me as they used to only months ago.”

~o~O~o~

Across the city

Once the plan was all explained to those on site, the twins got all set up by the CSI team to enter the apartment. They had to wear ‘booties’ over their shoes and gloves at all times to keep from transferring evidence or ruining said same.

One of the woman detectives on scene named Jane, led them up the stairs and stopped at a landing just below the floor being gone over, “This is where the first to arrive found Kelly, he was out cold and tossed down a whole flight of stairs to right here by the explosion. I am glad to hear he is going to recover.”

The woman climbed the stairs to the next floor leading the twins on and walked down a hallway strewn with debris, “If Kelly had made it this far, he would have been hurt or burned. The explosion was a bit hotter than normal out here, but not in the room itself. They used a very rare explosive. One that has more force at the center, but WAY more burning heat at the edges.”

A little farther up the hallway, there were drag marks in the debris and dust, along with a long drag mark trail of fresh blood. The drag marks stopped where there was a huge pile of used medical supplies. “This is where they tried to help Leon at, but they could not…he was sadly already gone by then and beyond any help they could offer here outside of a full service ER room.”

The detective stepped into the apartment’s entry and nudged past a CSI tech that was busy with taking photos, “About here is where Loen was caught by three bombs, one front and one from each side on the diagonal. The killer really wanted whoever came into the room dead. But strangely, the detonation was set-up for someone running in that was much faster. The trip was back here and a regular person would not be this far into the room by the time it all went off for a person that would be standing here.” she said as she walked from spot to spot showing how much farther a person would have to move to be at the exact center of all three devices.

“The darn things were like claymore mines, just full of these iron flechettes.” the detective said, stopping by the apartment's small dining table and picking one up of the piles of them there, there were hundreds if not a few thousand! There were several mixed sizes from a very small dart the size of about an inch, all the way up to three inches in size like a ‘nerf’ dart might be.”

“Can I see that and take off my gloves while I do so to examine one of them?” Rohanna asked while pointing to the darts all laid out across the table separated into piles by size, then several were also arranged to take evidence photos of each type.

“Sure, there are hundreds of these things, so they will not be important evidence past one example of each type or size for court.”

Rohanna picked up the small dart that looked like an arrow in many ways and it instantly burned her skin, she hid that from the detective right off as her skin smoked and sizzled fomr that death metal's contact. She examined it very close, letting it continue to sear and burn her fingers like mad…the pain was incredible.

“It’s cold iron made the old way…just for us!” she mentally told her twin.

“This was all aimed at killing us, just us two and not anyone else on the NYPD in general. Whoever did this wanted us dead and not Leon or Kelly…they just got in the way of these assassins.” Rehanna growled mentally back.

Rohanna covered her face as she was deep in thought with her right hand, as her left hand curled around the small dart and let it slowly burn her palm and she was very close to tears. Rehanna leaned over to her,then hugged her twin and whispered into her ear in Drow.
“Letting that cursed thing burn you to the bone will not bring him back, but we can get the people that did this and then let the humans do their idea of “justice” till THEIR human system is finished with punishment…then we take our turn on those that did this act!” she hissed slowly.

Rohanna nodded in agreement, then took out a small patch of silk to hold the dart and then put it into her jeans pocket for later examination or reference. She signed out as she went back to looking the room over for clues along with her twin.

Rehanna sniffed the air deeply after she had taken the time to stand next to each person in the room. That small process of taking in each person’s scent, was so that she could remember their scents and separate them from others left in the room by any assassin. “There were two of them…men…certainly humans. One liked or used Aqua Velva after shave and the other.” she laughed, “he uses old spice!”

“Any fingerprints?” Rohanna asked, when she finished up at the table of evidence and had yet to look for other clues herself.

“None, they were very careful. We might get something from the explosives or how they were made?” a CSI tech gave.

Rehanna followed along with the detectives as her twin looked over the rest of the ruined living area, “In the bedroom here,” one detective pointed, “was one of the best small speaker systems I have ever seen. It played sounds of a fight between a man and a woman from a USB Stick…the sound was so perfect, it was life-like. No one could tell it was not real with the bedroom’s door in the way too!”

“Hey we got something here, the garbage compactor did not run…it’s busted. So whoever was here did not know that and left very fresh trash in it…as the residents have not been here in weeks and dumped it before they left!” A CSI across the room in the kitchen said and was taking photos of the appliance before he opened it and another technician was video taping the whole thing.
(note garbage compactors in WA are gadgeteer made and compact trash VERY VERY well,then also shred it at the same time to be recycled better.)

The twins overlooked the whole process as the tech opened the compactor and pulled out each item, taking plenty of photos at each step, along with yet one more tech videotaping the whole process. The main CSI tech, found inside the bin, was a bag of take out and one foam take out box. One tech took the bag over to the kitchen table, laid it out on a new plastic sheet, then unfolded the bag and showed the label to all in the room “Bob’s big boy Burbank” he read off.

Inside the bag was, two hamburger wrappers and two small bags for fries. The last item found inside was a labeled soft drink cup from the same place. The foam box was opened next and it held some leftover chili-cheese fries, with thousand island dressing on top! All of the items were very fresh and had not been sitting in the bin for longer than a few hours after being tossed!

Rohanna leaned over the box and sniffed, “Ohhh ya that is the place” she noted the scent and connected it to Bob’s in Burbank by memory alone, “…we know this take out place well…VERY WELL!”

Rehanna smiled, thinking back to the salads the place has and the fish and chips, “Yep we eat there all the time! Just wish we could still eat meat and get the burgers!” she frowned.

One of the techs looked up the bag’s logo on his computer and found it was located in of all places…California! That was over three thousand miles away, “You mean this place is all the way over on the west coast in LA!?” he asked, startled at the fact.

“Yep and that can mean only one thing, one of these people is a teleporter just like us. A good one to be able to port that far in one shot and one right after another with little rest AND take another person with them for the whole trip it seems!” Rohanna gave, knowing her own power was that rare.

“So a power of that type and range is rare?” a CSI asked the pair.

“Ohhh ya that is rare power, we researched out competition in our power and there are only about a dozen on the whole planet that good. Most can get you there, but not to a single room with another person along for the trip and not three thousand miles...if they did it all in one shot?!” Rehanna added in next.

Rohanna knew what to do next, “Can I have all you people leave the room, while we test to see if a porter like us left from here or they walked out of the building or room and used their power somewhere else?”

“Can we leave a camera behind to video the whole thing, of whatever you are planning to test for or do? So there will be no questions in court later on what happened to lead you to the next clue or evidence or conclusion?” one tech asked.

“Sure, just put a small tripod on the kitchen counter and one pointing down the hallway if they left from there. My bet is they left from the living room, so shoot that way.” Rohanna said as she kind of shoved the rest of the CSI team out of the apartment.

With all the people gone and just one guy peeking around the corner, Rehanna pulled a small crystal jar from her shared dimensional storage “Please stay there and don’t fucking move this way, because this shit is rare as heck and I don’t think we can replace any of it even if we tried!”

“What is it?” the man ‘peaking’ asked Rohanna, who was standing nearest him and she was making sure he did not come into the room anymore than that small peek!

“This dust makes some types of porting powers or dimensional warping visible and trackable…AKA we can follow the port like a tear or a tunnel before it all collapses or fades away in time.” Rohanna informed the tech, as her twin Rehanna slipped her hand into a special glove from her magic kit and then took a small pinch of the power from the jar, then placed that small near nothing pinch in her other palm. Lastly she blew hard on the pinch sending it all flying across the room. The result looked like someone shaking out a well used duster in a sunny room, with the dust wafting all over the living space.

The dust drifted, floated through the living room and settled in a long line or tear in mid air going from the floor to about seven feet up, the tear was about a foot wide and seemed to be shrinking even as the CSI tech watched it.

“I can see it!” he shouted, “It's right there. So you can find them with that?”

“Darn right we can find them, heck we are going to right where they are or right to where they went! But we gotta get moving, I guess we have about five minutes or so and it's all gone. This dust makes the tear close much faster than it would without its influence!” Rohanna said and she grabbed the arm of the detective.

“What?” the woman asked.

“We gotta get going, you need some body armor and a bullet shield in case where we go is not friendly…ohh and grab a camera so we can use all of this in court!” she demanded.

One of the techs heard the Drows needs and instructions and ran down stairs as fast as he could and grabbed those items from one of the many waiting ESU trucks. (ESU emergency services unit or SWAT to others)

Once back upstairs the tech handed the detective the armor and the shield, “Good luck and find these guys for Leon!”

The detective grabbed the shield in one hand to cover her body up better from potential bullets or worse and the camera was held in the other, “Lets go!” she shouted trying to hide her fear, doing this act was scary to anyone sane.

She got shoved through the tear by one Drow as the other took the lead. When she entered the tear her whole world flipped upside down and over and over. It made her ill at first and then suddenly she felt real good, like a drug fueled HIGH good! The whole trip was only a foot in movement, it was barely a second. But to her brain it lasted like ten minutes and felt like she had moved across the universe!

On the other side she found herself inside a home and right in the middle of the place’s living room and there were two men there. One was laying on the room's couch and the other was cooking a pot pie in the kitchen's microwave housed over the stove.

Rehanna instantly fell the one man in the kitchen like a lion attacking a zebra, she leapt to him and grabbed him by the throat, as she put a dagger right to his neck aimed at the the jugular vein, “Don’t move, don’t port, don’t even think or I will cut off your head like a pez toy!” she warmed with a growl.

The other man laying on the couch was instantly pinned by Rohanna, who wrapped a necklace around the man’s neck “I know you are the teleporter, I can feel it dripping off you and that bit of jewelry will stop your porting or kill you if you even try to use your powers. It kills by shrinking down to less than three inches wide, the width of your spine!” the man gulped in fear at her dire warning…he believed her!

“Where did we all end up?” the detective asked, looking around the room for clues to where they were in the world.

“We are in LA, San Fernando valley…North Hollywood area, just south of the Burbank airport. I can’t tell the street without going outside, but that is close enough.” Rehanna said making sure the man knew her vice-like grip was not letting up anytime soon.

“We were told you two are good at this, but this…we had no idea?” the man on the couch said.

The other man in the kitchen shook his head, “I told you we should have not gone straight here and just ported to LA someplace and DROVE FUCKING HERE to lose any tail we might get!”

“You killed a friend, a person we care deeply for and since his partner asked for you to live…to be brought to justice. We will do that request he made…over WORSE ideas we Drow for your health that come to my mind!” Rehanna growled once again.

“Jane please get with 911 or something, someone, darn anyone and call the LAPD here to get them going over the house for other clues or evidence as we take these two back to New York.” Rehanna asked as she guided the man across the room and sat him down on one of the living room chairs.

“What powers do you have and don’t lie…we can tell if you do!” she warned him, as she started questioning the man that was not the teleporter of the pair.

“I make bombs…explosives and things like that from almost nothing,” he said.

Rehanna gestured with a hand a few times over him and then glowered down on him, “I just took the spirit of fire away from your body, you can’t even light a match till I dispel it. Be warned this spell carries over to anything you touch and if you try to make a bomb to escape? That fire spirit you try to create, will grow to the size of a room and cook you alive before it lets you hurt us…do you understand me?”

“Yes.” he said

“Do you believe all of what I said?”

“Yes…I did research and know that Fae like you can control the elements with ease. I am not stupid, I know I am caught and I know I am not going anywhere!”

“I’ll keep an eye on them both while you get an address off the front of this hidey-hole!” Rohanna said to her sister and actually spoke it for Jane’s sake, so that the detective would understand what the pair of Drow were up to. As she spoke, Rohanna yanked her man over to the table and forcibly sat him down next to his fellow assassin!

Rehanna went out the front door, but first stopped to yank a cord from a camera mounted just above the door frame looking over the porch and her fist punched the doorbell cam to bits. She was making sure that anyone else connected with the cameras would not know what was going on…not just yet! Her next step was reading off the address and then checking the street name off the sign just down the street, then shouting all information back to Jane.

Jane leaned her bullet resistant shield against and wall as she pulled a phone from her coat pocket and dialed up ‘911’...the phone only rang a few times before and emergency operator came on the line, “Jane Cosgood, NYPD detective badge three-fourseve-eight we need units to this location and detectives for a crime scene.” She gave the address and the whole reason why and how she got all the way to LA! The 911 operator had a bit of an issue with the last part and had to be told more than a few times to understand it was true!

Rehanna stepped back inside the home after checking out the street and noted the home across from them said ‘latino gang bangers’ all over it, “Are we going to have visitors gents, cause if we do…I will use both of you as bullet shields!” she asked and warned the pair of killers.

“What do you mean?” the porter asked.

“The gangbangers across the street, are they with you all or watching this place…it's THEIR hood and turf. SO I have doubts they would let you both stay in this hood without permission? Since you don’t look like a latino or a cartel member or lastly any of SFV Loco 13?”

“How can you tell?” Jane asked

“Well neither one is TATED up to hell or is wearing gang colors or dressed like a gang clown from this area in in a wife beater T-shirt with long shorts,a gang color belt that is four foot TOO LONG, knee high white socks and black slip on shoes?”

Rehanna laughed, “Yep they almost have a uniform, one that SCREAMS… OFFICER…PLEASE FUCK WITH ME, I am a gang member!”

The LAPD came shortly with a distress call from a fellow cop and the process of them logging in a potential crime scene took a few hours of waiting, while the the county DA checked the ID’s of both Jane and the twins with New York. Then the background history of the criminal's past crimes were checked for warrants in California. It was very strange that none were found. A bit of digging by CyberKitty found they might have a sealed criminal history as minors…but all of that was on paper that she could not check and it was in several other states, none of them being California or New York.

With all that horribly lengthy process done and the pair of killers, had decided strangely to not resist immediate extradition to New York? They could have dragged out the process to be taken back to New York by days if not weeks or in some extreme cases MONTHS if one had the right attorney! The DA and LAPD released the prisoners to the care of detective Jane and the twins after their own ID’s and background was checked with New York and others in the case of the twins...lots of fingers in the twins “pie” so to speak and those ‘fingers’ always seemed to want to know what was going on. The last ‘fingers’ had the School (in the background) or the feds on many levels and ARC where the twins got tested every few months.

They left LA and popped back up in New York just as the sun was coming up over the vast city. The spot they choose to pop-up at, was in front of the precinct house where Leon and Kelly, plus the twins worked out of.

“Look at that sun guys, it might be the last one you see as semi-free men not under a death sentence.” Rohanna growled at the pair.

The whole area around them was filled with cops, as Jane had called in and told the NYPD where they were going to pop up at. As one might guess the crowd of cops milling around there was not happy to say the least and looked more like they would lynch the pair of murders over letting the courts do their part of the job!

Kelly was there with Tom the commissioner of the NYPD standing by his side and in the background was Captain Wiggum, Lieutenant Steve McGarrett, plus just about every cop the precinct had…everyone, even the ones not on shift today!

The first one to step forward was Kelly and he grabbed the one man that had admitted to being the “explosives” maker, “I have these just for you buddy!” He Growled angrily, as he put Leon’s handcuffs on the guy and took Jane’s pair off the man.

Kelly then looked at Rehanna, “The porter is all yours…you get the collar and please keep that guy from ‘leaving’ us!”

Rehanna nodded back, “I am sure he knows what not to do…cause anything bad on his part, will make me very mad and all my promises are bye bye and he is mine!”

“Good work you two, we will process them from here and please fill out your reports, make sure they are perfect for any dragged out court time or fight we all know is coming.” Tom asked the three, the twins and Jane.

Rehanna followed Kelly as the pair took their prisoners into the precinct house for processing, the first step was both men having their rights reread to them again. Even though it had been done back in LA several times and each time it was video taped…it was done once more for NYPD records.

Both men refused to speak and invoked their rights to an attorney…then gave the intake officer a business card to call their chosen attorney for them before they even said one word.

After the twins made sure their prisoners were taken care of by the law and the numbers, Kelly and Sam pulled them into a far interrogation room, “What’s up? Rohanna asked checking the room for bugs and found the two the NYPD always put in the room. So she pulled out one of her ‘privacy’ charms for the room and activated it “They can’t hear or see us now” she smiled.

“Well I for one am proud you listened to my wishes and did not feed both of these guys into a meat grinder,then feed the leftovers to rats!” Kelly spat and smiled.

“I agree,” Sam gave.

“They are the system’s for now, if they escape or something…then they are ours.” Rehanna warned.

“I don’t like it, but if they pull a vanishing act…I will agree with that. They brought it on themselves and ran away from true justice by the book and chose the hell that you will bring on them.”

“Ohhh we can do much more than hell Kelly, we know “People”” Rohanna gave “people” in air fingers, “That will do much worse than hell.”

“Hummmm I don’t want to know, but let's get going on that paperwork and check and recheck and check again to be sure it's all done right!” Kelly said, opening the door.

~o~O~o~

Hours later.

Several hours passed by as the twins wrote their report and teamed up with Jane and other detectives to be sure all the reports covered all the points needed, then checked, rechecked, then lastly had others come in and make sure it all looked right, with all evidence, incidents, and information covered or indicated as items for trial.

To say the whole process was a bit messy with Kelly's view, the first cops on scene, all the detectives on site, the CSI’s part so far and all the evidence that had to be listed. The last part was the LA arrest, the LAPD’s part and finally being allowed by LAPD and the DA of Los Angeles to take the prisoners back to New York…then add their processing.

After the Twins handed all their paperwork to Captain Wiggum, they were leaving his office and were a bit sad at the time. thinking of Leon gone. But all that changed when they saw “him”, that expensive styled fashion suit he wore, that Rolex, the smell of his cologne, the sound of his voice as he laughed exiting the room where the two men just had been talking to their attorney…this very attorney.

All that sadness, all that loss of a good friend turned instantly to pure rage as both Drow came to a realization. A very dark realization, that would make anyone mad! Rohanna was the first one to speed across the room and right at the well dressed attorney and she grabbed him by his clean suit, then pressed him to a wall pinning him like a bug.

“You are representing that TRASH! Siding with those killers, that murdered a cop and a very good friend of mine…of ours!” Rohanna screamed at his face only an inch away and she was in full blown “Drow” mode, combat armor magically covering up her body, sharp fangs showing and most of all both of her eyes glowing like red fire that almost lit up the man’s face with their internal glow.

Sam quickly grabbed the ragging teen off the man, “What gives Rohanna!” Sam asked and if anyone else BUT Sam had done such a personal act on either Drow, they would be sleeping on the floor minus several teeth at the least!

“Look at this guy…LOOK!” she shouted, “Captain!” she shouted towards the attorney, “This is the same piece of shit that is or was representing the two people that tried to kill us with a machine gun only a week or so ago. YOU all know the ones,” she said to the room in general, to all the cops surrounding them, “ONE I chopped in half and the other one, a woman gave up…He knows something…like WHY!?”

“Who hired you!” Rehanna started shouting at the man next and she seemed to be even madder if that was even possible.

“Get your dogs off me captain or I will sue!” the attorney warned.

“DOGS!” Rehanna shouted and stepped forward, but was blocked by a quick hand from Sam, “DOGS? you called us DOGS?!” That is when Rehanna started mumbling in Drow and was near promising to murder the man when she had a chance and no one could witness the act!

Captain Wiggum looked the man over and thought for a second, “I remember you now…You are representing BOTH groups that tried to kill my cops and it looks like they are hunting the twins or Leon and Kelly specifically!”

That is when the room of cops all realized at the same time, both acts were planned and connected and this man…this attorney knew who was behind it. One cop shouted at the man, “WHO SENT YOU, WHO PAID YOU!?” That is when the whole room fell into chaos.

It was then that the attorney felt scared, very scared! He was in a room full of ARMED cops that wanted him very dead and they were well past being out of control. “Heyyyyy HEY…we don’t do that here, WE ARE PROFESSIONALS first! So let's back up this bus full of STUPID and let this man go on his way…as the law states he is free to go till we have EVIDENCE he did wrong, we have a job to do,” Captain Wiggum shouted over the growing din of the station.

The cops all stepped back at the captain’s shouting, then let the attorney walk past and out of the room. He was only given ‘just’ enough room to walk, looking more like a large fish parting smaller fish in a pond. As he left the room, one single voice wafted over the group of enraged cops, “Best not call 911 or need us to save you…cause it's not happening buddy!”

Both twins shouted at the attorney as he exited the room, “Tell those that sent you and paid you…we WILL find out who they are and it's best to ask our forgiveness REAL soon than have us grow even madder and want vengeance!”

After he left the building and was driven off in his SUV limo, the twins literally dove right into Captain Wiggum’s large office and sat down in the guest chairs there…and cried their heads off. Sam and Captain Wiggum left them a few moments alone to gather their thoughts before they came into the room.

Just after Captain Wiggum sat behind his desk, he pulled out the spell charm that the twins sold him, a small brass cube and he activated it with a small touch. “Now no one can hear us girls…tell us what is wrong?”

Sam pulled a few tissues from a holder on one of the room’s small bookcases and handed them to each twin, “Well tell us?”

“Sam the car with the two people in it from a week plus ago…you know the guy I had to cut in half as he was trying REAL hard to chop me up with a machine gun. Think about it, they knew if I was or we were riding along with Kell and Loen. That we would do most of the driver contacts. Then add, there were two of them armed with machine guns, filled with armor piercing ammo in very large magazines. One shot at me and the other was waiting till he was done with me…and I am dead. Next the other would attack Rehanna as she reacted to me getting hurt or dead!” Rohanna sniffed and then blew her nose. Sam had never seen her this upset, even when Carmilla disappeared.

“Woahhhh, now you are suggesting all of this was planned out and connected?” Captain Wiggum asked.

“Yes.” they both said in stereo.

“I’ll have to look into it?” He said next and made several notes on his pocket notebook.

“We are not done…” Rehanna said, getting ready to hand Sam a small wax paper baggy, “Sam look at this but you have to promise that you will never use the knowledge of that against us…EVER!” she asked in Arabic, a language she knew Wiggums did not know and they could talk in relative secret.

“Where did you learn that?” Sam asked in Arabic.

“Hipp of course,” she said back.

“I promise to never use what is in that bag or the knowledge of it or what it contains, is or how it's made against you twins…ever, till I die.” Sam said back in a very business-like voice…she meant it.

Rehanna handed the small baggy over and Sam tilted the bag over towards her free hand and let the small object fall out. It was a small dart or flechette and she rolled it around between her fingers and was letting her body wide nanites examine the small item closely, very closely and deeply.

Sam had to link via the internet of the building back to Whateley and looked something up on the deep dark systems of the school, she dove into the very secret computers of the school and past dozens of passwords and checks on her ID.

When Sam hit the file she wanted, CyberKitty showed up in the world of the electrotron, the deep net and looked at her, “What are you doing here and why are you inquiring about this item?” she asked because Paige/CyberKitty protected her best friends and anyone asking for this type of dark information might not be a friend to the Drow twins!

“Someone wanted to use this on the twins and was almost successful if it was not for them being called away from the trap being sprung at the last second by that bus accident.” Sam did not lie or cover things up when dealing with Paige/CyberKitty because she would find out sooner or later!

“Really?” she said a bit shocked, “I’ll look into it” and she derezzed from the spot.

“We have it Paige, we have it covered!” she shouted at the net and knew Paige/CyberKitty was listening no matter what.

The school’s system presented Sam with the information it had found, it came from deep files in the school and some even came from ARC/Arkham Research Consortium the company that did research on the twins, anything mutant related and just about everything in some way or another.

Sam’s nanites flowed over the small dart and studied closely, almost pulling the small thing apart in its testing and the information they compared with on the net. Showed that the darts were made of old style cold iron, harvested in the oldest way of gathering the metal by hand at ground level, over mining it and then forged it all in even older ways to be pure and untouched by human hands…like a Fae would do or a being that wanted to kill a very Fae like the twins.

To a Fae, this cold iron was something that could do lots of damage, burning skin, hard to heal wounds and even death as it hurt one's ability to use magic or heal up correctly or even fully. But the twins were even more allergic to it and it would kill them if enough was used like this was intended…in a bomb or a claymore mine.

Sam looked at Rehanna, shocked at what she had found in the few seconds that had passed by while she dove into the net, “Yes Sam, made to kill just us!” Rehanna said sadly.

Rohanna sighed out and added in Arabic next, “The bombs were set up to fire off after the ‘trip’ was hit, at a target that would be entering the room at a much greater speed than a normal human might do or go. Leon was only caught by the leading edge of the three blasts…we would have been at the center of the three. AND just so you know Sam, us Drow only routinely use a spell shield from one side, the one we are facing or attacking on…not three sides at the same time. Doing so, making a near bubble of shield or force takes too much preparation time and essence. So we just don’t, we port away instead and attack from a new direction. But this last attack would have killed one or both of us.”

“Now I understand, these last two attacks wanted both of you and only you really dead.” Sam said in english again for the sake of the Captain.

“I will have to update our detectives on this and let's see what they come up with?” the captain gave as he made a few notes and started to send a few emails on the subject.

Rohanna started crying badly and so did her twin, this was a whole new level of tears that Sam had never really seen out of the pair. Others in their new lives at Whateley had seen this, but not Sam. “Gaea…” they both sobbed in stereo, “we got Leon killed, he died because of us…,” Rohanna cried as tears rolled down her face in near waves, “because of something we must have done!” Rehanna sniffed as she hugged her twin and they both cried so sadly that anyone in earshot felt it.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2023 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

somebody wants the twins dead

I suspect the two they captured will be killed in custody if they know anything. until that happens, they might be the best lead.

DogSig.png

yep they are the only lead..

shadowsblade's picture

yep they are the only lead.... that my know for sure who is behind all of this?

anyone have ideas or bets on who is behind all of this and why???

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective