Shadowsblade: School year 2 Fighting Syndication 4 It all blows up

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

Life moves on and she makes a movie to get Fae kind more "Out there" and joins the NYPD as a teen cop!


Fighting Syndication

—---------------------------------------------------------

Once back on their bikes they headed out towards the hotel, “So what do we do now for a place to eat?” Rohanna asked mentally.

“We go wash up, take a long shower back in our room and then head out to have a great meal at Grand Central Oyster Bar with Leon and Kelly!” Rehanna gave, mentally wanting to try a place that was a place that the offered menu was one they could actually eat and so far shellfish fit that list!

When the twins arrived back at the hotel, one worked with the concierge setting up the reservation for dinner tonight and the other twin worked on arranging SUV limo to take them all there! The concierge made the reservation in no time with the pull of this expensive hotel had, they went around that it was made the same night and the limo was set up by the valet, as they knew all the BEST companies in town!

The next step was for both of them to get up to the room and showered up. When they both finished up with ‘the basics of getting ready’ Rohanna went to their room back at Whateley and grabbed their two best dresses from their magical storage closet. She choose our nearly matching dresses in a deep blue that would show off our skin color and the trim was in either light blue for one, the other was trimmed in Lilac.

Once all ‘dolled up’ we slipped into our shoes and put some jewelry into our small clutches for later use and made our way down to the hotel bar or in this case an old English style pub to see if the rest of the party was already there. Both Drow in ‘cheerleader’ disguise strolled into the pub and found Kelly already sitting at a large table waiting for the rest.

“Heya Kelly and who is this?” Rohanna asked because this was her first in person meet with his wife Liz.

Kelly laughed as he spoke, “Will Liz these are my twin pains in my butt…Rohanna and Rehanna! And girls this is Liz, my wife since high school.” he proudly stated.

“Nice to meet you Liz.” Both twins said in stereo.

“See what I have to deal with…Leon is getting better, but these two!” Kelly cracked.

Liz laughed at the precision that both spoke in exactly the same way and tone, not missing a beat or note “Nice to meet you both!”

The pair of twins took their places at the table and started to chat with Kelly’s wife about what they all did on the job, the fun, the sad parts and the crazy danger they all got into. Liz at times seemed to be concerned mentally for the two thinking they were teens…then remembered that this pair was far from that!

As the Drow got to know Liz better and found out all kinds of strange stuff out about Kelly, some of it was a bit red faced embarrassing, that part of the conversation is when Leon showed up with his wife and sat down quickly thus saving Kelly. “Sorry it took so long, the trip over was a bit bogged down with DAMN traffic!”

“I told ya in the parking lot not to take that way back!” Kelly laughed at this partner.

“DARN it I know now, but at the time we started out it was all clear?”

“It is for that first mile or so…then it hits that bridge and boom it's a wall!” Kelly added with a knowing shake of this head.

“Yep, but might as well introduce the wiffffyyy before she kills me!” Loen said, as his wife had given him nothing but EYE DAGGERS OF DEATH for the last five minutes of NOT introducing her!

Leon’s wife leaned a bit over the table to Rohanna, “Hi, I am Camela! Leon told me about both of you, but he never said how beautiful both of you were…and if you were older I might have to beat him to be sure…you know…he stayed true to me?”

“We understand that and I’m Rohanna and this is Rehanna.” then she leaned in to whisper, “You do know this look is fake and we are Drow or elves with a very strange skin color?”

“I know,” she whispered back, “Wanted to stay on the down low for ya!”

“Thanks,” Rehanna smiled, then got serious in the tone of her voice, “Would you all mind much if we went to dinner as normal Drow and not all bimbo cheerleader like we are now?

Kelly and Leon looked at their wives and the women looked at each other, “We don’t care what you look like.” Camela said with a grin.

“Yep as long as where we are having dinner is not going to mind? Because if they do I bet my Kelly will go all nuts, then BOOOM the night is over and a stack of reports get made for the precinct captain to read tomorrow!”

“Well if that happens, my retirement is very close! I have all my time in with the department and fuck the PD if they approve of that happening to one of our own.” Kelly spat.

“Yep, like that one place downtown that treated a mutant, who happened to be a working member of the fire department all bad and made them leave after one other table of customers whined about dining with a mutant. The police and the fire department came down on them with violations of every rule in the book, the fines almost broke the place!” Camela laughed at the mess.

“Yep when you suddenly have to obey each and every rule in the book one hundred percent, no restaurant or company can survive it. The departments let everyone have just a little flex to get through the day…to a point!” Kelly gave.

“Well since you all agree?” Rohanna smiled as she touched her necklace and the magic charm there that hid her Drow form. She shimmered for a second and so did Rehanna and now the whole bar could see both for what they were…Drow! And for the most part the bar didn't even care!

With that out of the way the pair of twins pulled jewelry to cover their pointed ears out of their clutches and added a fine necklace to each to finish off their looks!

“Nice I love those ear covers you chose, they really fit your looks and accent that you are elves to world and exclaims WE ARE HERE AND DEAL WITH IT!” Camela said with a proud smile.

“I love those necklaces, I have to ask where do you ever find them?” Liz asked.

“We found and liberated them from a royal Fae family and they are a bit old as in VERY ancient!” Rohanna chuckled.

“So let’s get going and where are we going to eat?” Kelly said getting up to assist his wife like a gentleman would.

“We picked out a nice place to eat!” Rehanna started, “Yep it's the Grand Central Oyster bar.” her twin finished.

“Yep it's a really nice place that has a menu where we don’t feel all left out and only have like three choices of what to eat, two of those being a potato either fried or baked!” Rehanna added in why they chose that restaurant over the hundreds of others in the city.

“AND we are springing for all the fun and food tonight AND we hired a SUV limo to take us all there so we can enjoy the night even more as a group without worrying about driving or parking.” Rohanna smiled.

“Yes we finally get out or off campus and enjoy time with friends versus just eating at the cafeteria all the time or ordering a pizza or two. It's rare that we get to eat with anyone we don’t already know or live with every day or on the weekends with, like Bill and Jineen in their case.” Rehanna nodded and started to check her ‘bunny phone’ to see if the limo was here and smiled when she noted it was waiting “The ride is here, so let's go!”

The group of six was easy to spot exiting the hotel with two well dressed couples and then the town Drow stuck out with well toned by hard trained bodies wrapped in top of the line dresses…not to mention their strange to human eyes looks, with very long all white hair and deep purple skin.

When the party arrived at Grand Central, the limo dropped them off at the closest entrance and the large party of six walked in. At first the reservation lady was taken back by the twins being so forward, “The Leigh party of six is here…can we get our table reservation?” Rehanna asked, while her twin looked over the art hanging on the wall.

It took the lady a second to recover and she smiled to the pair, “Well we have your table ready over here.” and she started to lead the way as she grabbed a stack of menus off her small desk.

They all took seats at the table with the twins split up to separate sides of the round table, thus each one was paired off with one of the other couples instead of sitting together like they almost always did…this arrangement felt like family to the pair.

Rohanna took one of the first menus and made an order for the whole table, “First off let’s start with a huge plate of fried clams for us all and an even larger one of shrimp, both fried and regularly cooked.”

“Ohh and lots of bread, or corn bread or whatever you have today that is similar to that!” Rehanna asked.

The lady nodded as she took down the appetizer order on her tablet and sent it over to the cooking staff via its link, “That will be on its way in a few minutes, please look the menus over and your waiter…James will be right with you when he drops off those plates!” she smiled and ran off to get more people seated.

James arrived not even five minutes later with the first plates of the appetizer order and placed them in the center of the table. “So what will we be having tonight?” he asked pleasantly.

“Well first off two bottles of Dom champagne for the table!” Rohanna started with a giggle hoping the waiter would be silly enough to serve what legally speaking were teens!

“Unless the adults are ordering that item, I can’t serve it, Miss?” He questioned both their age and the others at the table that appeared to be the right age.

“Shot down again…even though we could drink the worst of human poisons and not even care!” Rehanna sighed in Drow.

Leon laughed at the question, “Of course the adults will be ordering that!” he smiled. “Please make sure the twins have some ginger ale so they can feel the celebration with us.” He then leaned over to Rehanna and whispered so softly no one else but her could hear, “I’ll swap glasses with you on the ‘down low’ as they get here!”

“Fine sir and the rest of the orders?” James asked, tapping away at his tablet.

Leon made his order, then for his wife and himself, then Kelly started his and his wife’s. That is when the twins jumped in with their long list of foods, “I’ll have the calamari salad and two of the lobster rolls.” Rehanna said first, then Rohanna added in her three plates of food.

As the food order was being cooked, a Sommelier (a wine steward/server) showed up to the table with two iced bucket/stands of Dom perignon champagne and his partner also came with two iced bucket/stands of an expensive imported ginger ale for the teens. After the two men left Leon poured a glass for himself and his wife, then did the same for the twins with the ale…then swapped the twin glasses on the table. Champagne and ginger ale look nearly exactly the same in the same style champagne glass!

Kelly watched his partner at work with the glasses and nodded and smiled at the plan, then did the same for the twin nearest him! The wives caught on fast and understood the silent plan now. But Liz, Kelly’s wife leaned over to him, “Ahhh they are teens dear is that a good idea?”

“Honey those two are Drow, they could gargle drain cleaner with a cyanide chaser and it might taste good to them. There is not too much in the world that can poison a Drow, the twins tell me you could count the options on one hand…well human options anyway. So they can’t get drunk off human levels of alcohol.” he whispered back.

As the food and drinks came for the next few hours, the group went over memories of the past with each other and the twins got let in on several inside jokes the pair of cops had with their wives and family. At one point Camela was laughing so hard at Rehanna and her recalling their first day on the NYPD it kind of got the rest of the room looking their way, “You see he hit the glass door and on my side it looked like this!” she said smushing her face around, “He looked like one of those fish that cleans the glass in a tank!”

Leon shook his head to the memory, “Yep Luthor…all he had to do was answer two questions on a robbery he saw and the detective would have been all fine. BUT no, so he got yanked in and all his outstanding warrants pulled, then he had to come up with over twenty thou in baby daddy money or stay in the box for a year!”

~o~O~o~

An hour plus later

“Where did you both put all that food tonight?” Liz had to ask the teens after seeing them eat so much!

“We Drow burn a lot of calories and then our body fat is like thirty times as dense as you humans have, so one pound of our body fat is like thirty to one of you. We can go for months without eating and have done so in the far past.” Rehanna gave as she sucked down the last slice of cake on her plate!

As the fine dinner hit its two hour mark, Camela was the first one to say the inevitable, “We should call it a night or we might be here all night till morning!”

“Darn humans and your need for sleep!” Rehanna giggled as she shook her fist to the skies.

Kelly was the first to yawn and he genuinely felt tired. It had been a long day and all the adrenalin dumps he had today took a toll, BUT taking a ‘timeout’ with the twins and the wives is what he needed. “Well let’s call it a night and roll back home…but at least we got the next three days off!”

“Yep and kind of ruined the weekend for us Drow?” Rehnana said as she waved to the waiter to get the final check taken care of.

When the waiter James showed up, he placed a data pad before Rehanna with the check displayed on it. She waved a credit card over it and let the card’s chip chat to the pad to pay the bill. Then she added a huge tip to the insane bill, that was so high because of the champagne…mostly. The twins did order and eat a ton of food on top of ordering very expensive drinks for the table!

Leon stood up to help his wife out with her chair and Kelly did the same. James showed up at the same time and glanced over the check and smiled to Rehanna, “Thanks miss, please do eat with us again!” He was very happy with his tip!

As the group of friends walked outside to the limo, the driver was already out and waiting. “I have to say Miss and Miss.” he said addressing the twins. “While I waited for all of you to finish and needed my farther service. I visited a shop around the corner and I really think you all should go in there and see what they have right out front…you will be surprised!” he said pointing to the rear of the SUV and seemingly around the corner.

“Surprised as in fun and not dangerous?” Rohanna had to ask after the day they all had and the driver nodded back…”Fun Miss, very fun.”

Camela, Leon’s wife being the very adventurous type, was the first to speak up, “Let's go see this, it might be fun!” she said while yanking Leon’s arm towards the corner that the driver pointed out.

“Fine by us” Rehanna grinned as her twin nodded. She might have agreed, but she still read the guy's body to see if he was lying and laying a trap…and she found he was not lying, that whatever this was he was pointing out to us. Was indeed…’fun’ not dangerous.

“Okay.” Kelly shrugged.

Around the corner the group found a very high end toy and collectable shop that was open to the weee hours of the morning to get the late night crowd of the area. ‘The Most toys wins!’ was the bright neon sign above the door.

“At least the name is good!” Kelly gave.

“I have to wonder why the driver was so impressed by this place and wanted us to see it? The darn place is just an overpriced Toys R us as far as I see from here?” Leon grumbled a bit and shut up just as fast as when Camela elbowed him in the ribs for his outburst on possible fun to be had.

Rohanna yanked open the shop’s front door for the group and they all flowed inside, the girl behind the sales counter audibly gasped when she spotted Rehanna, “Am I being Punked, is there a video camera around here or something…or is this a publicity stunt?” she asked the room.

“What do you mean? Rohanna said keeping the door open for the rest and as her twin came in last the counter girl laughed “Ohhhh shit this must be real or I am asleep!”

A more than curious Camela had to ask the group “What do you mean?”

“Come on and see this!” the girl smiled brightly as she walked a bit deeper into the store and up to a very new display that had two full size bust of the twins in their movie costumes!

Each one had the twins with either a very “mean” look on her face or the other one had a very “determined” visage. They were dressed in dark leather armor and each one was very different in what little details it had on the armor to keep them from looking like mirrors of one another, then add on how it was posed.

She waved to the two full sized busts, “We received both of these in just Monday and we are the first one with both in the whole US! There are only five shops in the world that got both this soon and we were told you’d be signing them sooner or later as your personal schedule changed so much…I was told or the owner was?”

“No one told us about this?” Rehanna said, leaning in towards her lifelike bust to give it a closer look over.

“My bet is it would have been part of the upcoming press junket and they would have had us come over here and do the whole spiel for the cameras!” Rohanna sighed out, as she thought of all the traveling that would be coming soon for the sake of the movie and the hoped for good press for Sidhe kind.

“Since it or they are here and we are here…let's sign them both and put some of our ‘proof of authentic signature’ stickers on them?” Rehanna suggested as she grabbed a nice silver paint pen off the sales counter.

Both Drow twins signed both statues and put ‘who was whom’ on each one as a joke, a quick picture for memory or proof and one sales girl was VERY sure she just got a raise! “Thanks I am SO going to work the owner over for a ten buck an hour raise or bonus!” she grinned like a maniac!

“I hate that they did your bust better than mine!” Rehanna had to say looking closer at her again.

“Well I just look better than you!”

“Ahhh aren't you two twins? EXACT twins?” Kelly wondered aloud.

“Yes!” they say in stereo!

“But you can tell this one is me by the costume and that one is her, by the shoulder armor and the decorations that are just showing on my right chest that are missing on her’s!” Rehanna spat as she pointed out each discrepancy.

Rohanna had to laugh, “Like I said…I just look better!”

PHOOOY!” Rehanna barked out, clearly getting a bit mad, “At least I don’t have a fading scar in the middle of my chest CAUSE I was not watching my own back!” That older Drow part of the twins soul that mostly inhabited Rehanna’s body had just STABBED her more human leaning twin, right in a soft spot.

“When we get home…we are having this out…bitch!” Rohanna said in drow to keep the personal beef a bit more private.

“Calm down you two…please?” Kelly asked softly and the twins almost sighed as one, “Sorry.”

“Well too bad there is not any other stuff for you two to sign here, it would be fun to watch and I bet the store could get some great donations for them at an auction or something?” Camela suggested as she looked around the large toy shop for anything else from the movie.

“We had a shipment of just that coming, but it seems to have been lost or maybe stolen while in transit. Maybe you both can come back on a later date?” the sales girl bubbled asking…almost begging!

Leon smiled as a bright idea came to him, “Hey why don’t we set up a kids NYPD community day or day out and have it here…a small one anyway. That way the kids have fun and the store gets great press and our twins here get a free press event out of the deal?”

“Now that is an idea we Drow can get behind, let’s work on that next weekend during our shift?” Rehanna grinned happily.

“We can do that, but for now let's call it a night and get home?” Leon said with a small yawn.

~o~O~o~

A few days later

Both twins were in their room, Rehanna was pacing the room out as Rohanna rolled onto her back on the room’s only bed looking very bored, “So let's go over this again?”

Timothy John the pair’s Hollywood talent agent sighed on the speaker of their bunnyphone, “Well since the movie and thus the toy makers need and require by contract a single appearance for the toy reveal for the film. Having it where and about the time when the twins suggest is the best option AND then add the NYPD jumping onboard with this being a benefit event for the needy kids of the city?”

One could hear the absolute smile in Peter Martin’s voice, the director of the movie, “I love this idea and the free press will be crazy! My movie, the twin Drow and lots and lots of kids and then add the NYPD…a dream for any news crew looking to fill air time for the evening news or even the morning shows that day!”

“A whole day's event?” Rehanna cried now knowing this might be growing into a BIG thing versus just a few hours!

The last person on the line spoke up, Louis Marcs the huge toy maker. Yep the CEO/Owner and brand name of the company was on the call thinking that since this was dealing with the very first Fae creature to make a movie (that he or the world knew of!) it was very important not to mess it all up!

“Well, we had originally planned on the New York city press event and toy event being on a TV morning show or at Times Square, BUT I am all for it changing over or for to this far better idea and will coordinate with the store and the NYPD’s charity on this event for all of us…if that is fine with all of you?” he asked.

“WE are good with this.” Rohanna said, finally rolling over and showing some life again from her near slumber.

“I am fine with the plan and having any other of the film’s actors showing up to this event I feel will lessen its ‘feel’ So let's leave them out of it?” Peter suggested and one could tell that he was typing out notes on a keypad like mad!

“All good here and ladies,” Tim asked the twin’s agent, “The overall plan is for your next TV appearance to be with Jay on the night show and they are leaning towards it being a two day deal. One day you all are at a local race track on bikes to show your mutual love of all things motor and going fast with Jay…then the next night or day on the show?”

“OHHHH we love that idea and will move planets for it!” Rehanna grinned at free track time and fast bikes, the perfect combo in her mind!

“The next event is in Las Vegas at the infamous pawn shop TV show and they say that there is a guy that will come in that says he has Elvin or Fae made swords…two of them and wants them authenticated?”

“Really two swords or blades and he thinks they are real? Sure Jan sure!” Rohanna sassed in the now classic Brady bunch show line!

“We will leave them to your keen expert eyes to give them approval or destroy the man’s reputation on the show!” Tim laughed, hoping that it would get ‘spicy’ and lead to some leakage to the press!

“I love that you actually found something that might be Fae related, BUT in Lost Wages and we can’t gamble and then add even if we were twenty-one. The casinos would not let us magic users gamble out of sheer caution that we could bespell the game or machine somehow?” Rohanna grumbled as she really wanted to go back to playing blackjack, a game she REALLY loved in her human days or life.

“Maybe I can look into some kind of celebrity poker event or other game you can play for charity?” Time offered thinking ahead like a good agent does!

“That would be fine!” Rehanna laughed, “at least we can pretend to gamble?”

“But I have one line on a press event or day for the Asian market in Japan on one of their TV shows. I’ll give you more as it comes in.”

“Fine, as long as they don’t dress us both in some sort of clown outfit or something even stranger!” Rehanna said thinking of the CRAZY Japanese TV shows she had seen…the game shows were the worst of the bunch for the ‘nuts’ ideas they pulled on guests or contestants!

“I will endeavor to make sure they understand to keep it tame and sane or face you just walking off the set as is your right in any presser or show the movie sets up for you…we must protect YOUR brand versus the temporary brand of the movie. As you twins will outlive any of us by I hear not decades, but many centuries!” Tim promised.

Peter may be the director and one of the film’s major producers, but he still had to understand the actor's point of being embarrassed on a silly TV show. “I’ll stand behind both of you if you feel the need to walk off or cancel a press date.” Peter said making sure that the twins understood that he cared about them over the movie.

“Glad to hear Peter!” Rohanna sang.

“So till I get more on any European dates or other press events, let's call this a start and I’ll get the ball rolling on my end!” Tim said as he cut the line to get all the work started! He had dozens of calls to make and contact person after person on cost and what they would be giving away.

Rohanna just had to add before the rest hung up one thing, “Mr Marcs, your toys of our movie characters came out great and we love the looks and poses you all chose. We hope that you will donate a lot of them to the kids?” she asked kind of hinted at her disappointment if he did not donate and donate HUGE!

“Ohhh girls don;t worry this company will be sending a truck and some of the toys in that load will be the first ones off our local factory floor and seen outside of the development teams. The free press and TV time alone will be what I am after…then adding all of this will be a rather simple tax deduction! A win- win for all!” the toy maker said, “But I have to get back on the other line with your agent Tim and see what we are doing!...bye” and he was gone.

~o~O~o~

That Thursday only five days after someone tried to kill one of the twins, while they worked for the NYPD!

“So we are cleared so far?” Rehanna had to ask again.?

Lucy laughed out loud to the speaker phone, “Ahhh yaaaa, the guy tried to blast you with over one hundred rounds from a machine gun, that was recorded on no less than five separate cameras and one of those was on a pole above the whole shoot?” the man in the room with her nodded that she was right on the placement of the camera, before she added next, “The fact you didn't blast the SUV into orbit is both of you being nice in my opinion!” the Union representative and their lawyer for the NYPD sassed!

“Yep I would have orbited that SUV around the moon myself if I could have!” their captain added in a gallows humor laugh with the NYPD representative.

“So we are back on the job?” Rohanna grinned thinking this mess would have taken weeks to clean up!

“Now I expect both of you on Saturday at four pm for the night shift!” the Precinct captain said.

“We will be there and ready!” Rohanna bubbled very ready to get back at it!

“Bye you two and call me if anyone and I mean ANYONE talks to you about this incident outside of your local pals at the precinct!” the lawyer warned and she hung up.

~o~O~o~

Late Friday night

The Drow twins had arrangements to port into their now favorite hotel for their weekend stay, arrangements had been made for them to port right to a corner of the hotel's lobby. They had chosen this route to New York versus a more normal cycle ride in, because of very heavy rain all night Friday and most of Saturday morning. The twins might be daring, but not dumb…there was not much magic that could keep a bike on the roads at eighty when there was inches of water falling per hour!

The pair called the front desk of the hotel before they even dared to just “pop-up” unannounced and spook the whole place into a certain riot! As they came out of wherever Drow went while porting and back to earth, they spotted that a young man was standing there waiting for them.

Yayya!” Rehanna grinned very friendly like before the poor kid did a bit of a jump SCARE double take to them showing up so suddenly! Even though he was warned ahead of time of what the pair would do, it's still unreal to see or ‘not see it happen’ in his case…scary!

“Hey Samuel it's us again” Rohanna smiled remembering the young man from the last time they stayed.

Sam was still visibly gasping for air from his sudden fright, but managed “Thanks for choosing us here at the Garden again ladies, do you have any bags I can handle today?”

“Nope, Samuel we take care of our own bags, but thanks and can I have one of your cards for later?” Rehanna asked.

“No problem Miss and I noticed that your looks are certainly more striking than your last visit with us and I am not sure…but did I not see you in a movie coming out soon?” he asked, handing Rehanna an embossed personal card for himself and the hotel. Then handed each twin their personal room key, “and here are your room keys,” he added at last.

“Thanks Samuel,” Rohanna grinned as she took her key, “and yes that is us in that preview for the Lord of Thrones movie. We play the assassins chasing the good guys!”

“I will have to see your movie then ladies and unless you have other needs for me, I have other guests to get back too?” he asked, as he started to walk back towards the main desk and the several customers that might need his help.

After Samuel was gone, Rehanna turned to her twin while fanning herself playfully with the room key card, “So we're going to eat at ’House of the Dragon’ again like last weekend?”

“Ohhh heck yes we are! They had the best food I or we have had in months!”

~o~O~o~

Several hours later

The door to the twin’s suite opens very slowly, then both girls walk into the main living room and they drop several ‘to-go’ bags on the kitchenette counter on the edge of the room. They look more than a bit tired and haggard.

Rohanna walks into one of the bedrooms and plops onto the large bed, “Ahhhhh I am so stuffed and man that pizza tonight and the fries they feed us!” she moans a bit and goes to loosen her pantsuit belt!

Across the suit in the living area, Rehanna tosses off her top and drops her slacks to the floor, then picks then up to toss them into her room, “I will say the fries dish named “hazzard” was the best with at least four different no meat chiles on it and all the toppings were killer!”

“Admit it, they love us there and we have to figure out a way to buy into that place or have one built by the school?”

“Ohhh ya as long as Vika understands the school and the whole area are a suck blood free zone no matter what she thinks…I like her, BUT I will do far more than ‘stake’ her butt if she breaks that rule near our place!” Rehanna winked to herself, but knew that her twin felt the same way!

~o~O~o~

The next day just past noon

“Ladies, can you come into my office please?” the precinct captain on shift asked.

“What do you need, Captain Willies?” Both twins asked in stereo as they dropped off the last donut box to the break room and one officer smiled “I love you both, but my diet hates you both!”

Both Drow entered into the captain's office and he waved to the one nearest the still open door, “Please close it, we have to talk away from the pack.”

Rohanna sat down on one of the chairs as she asked “Do we need to worry or should we have total privacy?”

“Well they should not be able to hear us in here and no…you are not in trouble with the PD or me.” he said putting all the papers still on his desk into a stack to get to later.

“So let's do this then?” Rehanna said as she took her seat and pulled out a spell charm that was bonded to a small brass cube that one might use as a paperweight and she activated with a small tap of a finger and a slight glow covered its surface in a very intricate pattern.

“That is a spell that will keep all said within this room and unrecordable by any human technology.” Rohanna smiled.

“I might need one of those myself!” he chuckled.

“You can buy one of ours that should last a few years with moderate use for a few hundred or a small favor?” Rehanna said with a small evil giggle.

“I think I will be buying one from you, get back to me with that later. BUT for now I have to warn you that being back on duty after the sword incident is all good and ONE PP is not caring what you used on a guy with a machine gun trying to kill you!”

“Thanks” they said in stereo, “But what else, as we kind of already got that from Captain Moraleas.” Rehanna said last.

“Know, but I wanted to go back over that before I tell you to be totally silent in all questions and jokes and anything on the sword incident AND that the football player is looking to sue you in some way or get even! So keep silent on that too no matter who many times a cop or anyone bugs you. These days tapes are everywhere and can hear you several yards away too!” he warned the twins.

“We will heed your warning cap and will say nothing about our latest interactions with the public…in public.”

“Good, now keep yourselves safe out there and please help my normie cops stay alive and go home safe…” he asked.

The twins got up and opened the door, “You can keep that privacy charm for now, just tap it three times to activate it and then four to turn it off. That is for privacy and if it glows red, there are bugs in the room for sure! Remember to turn it off when you don’t need it, as it will last longer, spells run on magic and magic is like a battery in many ways…it can run down.”

“What do I owe you on this?” he asked, picking up the small brass paperweight.

“For that one we might ask a VERY small favor someday, one that you can say no to? And if you want a better one? Hit us up and we can go over adding several features that you might love!”

The twins left Captain Willies behind to examine his new desk toy, “So you protect my office from spies and also detect bugs…Internal affairs can get fucked now! I love this thing, it will keep them away and make sure this house is run like a family!”

~o~O~o~

Over in the Roll call room or Briefing room

A sergeant was going over the roll call list and car or ‘beat’ assignments. “Shop four you have Wall street duty today, they need help over there. Shop five, you got extra work down at the battery. There have been too many tourists getting whacked, bumped and robbed for One PP to like and we will send you down there…it means Feet not cruise. So be ready to walk and walk today! Shop six with the twins, the airport needs to see you over yonder and you know that means a long drive over there and walk, walk, walk! So off you all go right now.” he egged on and tilted his head towards the door meaning…GIT!

As they got into the shop and Leon was warming it up, he was grumbling, “Well there goes lunch, we have to eat in that cafeteria and it sucks and you twins will not like it…they have nothing to eat to fulfill your needs!”

“Leon, Loen , Leon!” Rehanna started as she checked the GO bags in the SUV’s rear cargo area. “It's the best thing ever!”

“Why?” he asked and Kelly stopped his checking the shop’s computer and the glovebox ‘extras’ box that had ammo and other handy items at the ready so he could listen.

“The airport is a teleport center too, so that means whatever you want we can go get and it is one hundred percent legal for us to go get it and bring it back versus our more usual law breaking ways!” she laughed.

“So if I want fish and chips, you go to England and get them?”

“Don’t know a good spot there, but found a GREAT one while we were downUNDER filming there and it's a bakery too!” Rehanna smiled.

“A good, VERY good bakery, one that is even better than the donuts we bring in now!”

“Ohhhh my wife is going to want in on that!” Kelly pointed out her sweet tooth!

“But will they be open is the question, they are like twenty hours different from us and in tomorrow!”

“Buy the time we get to the airport, and start shift there it will be 9AM their time and we just take an early break or meal? The store is well open by then and has a TON of fresh baked goods ready and UN-plundered by the studio right down the street!” Rohanna suggested.

“Ohhh I am going to love this, the next two hours figuring out what to eat.”

“Well Kelly the day is going to be long, we do the airport till about Ten then back here and onto our regular beat till clock out?” Loeon said adding up the day for everyone.

It was not long before the group had done the drive over to the airport and reported in for a basic four hour shift that would add some bodies to a rush at the airport in travel. The need to grab cops from so far away was because quite a few had called in sick and were really sick with some sort of flu that had burned its way through the local ranks… It happens sometimes.

They all took notes at the meeting and told the sergeant that they would take a short meal break and then head out. He agreed instantly, as he needed anyone on staff because of the shortage of bodies!

“So Leon wants the fish and chips he asked about before and Kelly you are going to have the same Japanese Tempura that I am having?” Rohanna asked.

“Yep…” both men nodded and with that both Drow vanished from sight and came back about twenty minutes later after Leon and Kelly had found a nice table in the airport’s eatery area to sit.

“Here we go Leon!” Rehanna said laying out their choices, as she wanted basically what he did tonight!

“Man, getting the head chef to cook a togo order was a pain, that man kept wanting to only serve me on plates versus just dropping the order into a GO box for me! I get he has pride, but this is how I wanted it and he caved the second I let the cheerleader face drop and showed I was Drow…he respected that face of mine on the spot and by what I am still learning of Japanese culture he thought I was some kind of beneficial mountain spirit or something he had to respect or else the village would turn on him!

The meal went well and everyone loved their choice for dinner. After they were done eating, they started walking the long walkways and passenger areas spread out looking for bag thieves and pickpockets or worse…it was true some passengers had been robbed at knife point even in the security areas!

They walked around in pairs with one of the real cops with one of the twins as it should be, a trainee with a supervisor or field training officer. With about an hour into the shift, the main radio channel crackled to life about a woman not cooperating and something about her hearing or not hearing?

“I got a bad feeling on this one.” Rohanna quipped as she picked up pace and Leon had to step it up to a near run to keep up with the much faster Drow, a Drow walking at a fast pace was basically HUMAN RUN speed!

When Rohanna got to a point where she could see the five airport cops gathered around a much older woman sitting down in one of the many long rows of bench chairs around the boarding gate area…she didn't like what she saw and even less what she heard!

What she saw was one of the tall cops standing over the woman who had her head down and not looking at the cops as he read off the card for trespassing a person and having them wait for at least a day before they could come back and continue their flight.

“Hey guys let me chat with her before you go all crazy on her.” she insisted.

“We have this!” One guy barked a bit.

“Fuck if you do!” Leon said knowing the twins had a far different way of handling certain people that worked! “Let my partner do HER thing!”

Rohanna got down on her haunches and was nearly sitting down on the carpet in front of the woman when she started to use sign language. The first thing she asked was “American sign or international…european or?”

The lady instantly smiled and signed back “American”

“So what is going on?” Rohanna asked.

The lady went on to explain she didn't hear her flight had changed gates and missed that flight because no one told her personally even though she had told them she was deaf and her hearing aid would turn itself off if not used all the time. Next she was given a new flight and found out her other sister was on the flight and wanted to sit by her and this mess started because no one wanted to “hear” her out and she got a bit mad!

“Has anyone one of you really talked to her AT her level where she could actually SEE your mouths…because you do know she is basically deaf without her hearing device on!” Rohanna blasted at the cops.

“She is not cooperating and got a bit out of hand, so we are asking her to leave for today and come back tomorrow for a new flight”

Rohanna snatched the woman's ID from the cop’s hand and read the age “So a Seventy six year old woman is too much for five airport flatfoots to handle?” she sassed on...”No wonder the NYPD rejects, get jobs out here at the port!” she jabbed at their pride and insulted them all!

“You can’t talk to us like that…you are a trainee….a darn rookie!”

“Ohhh I can’t talk to you like this…well I just DID and will do it again if you wait a bit and keep doing it all night cause you ain't doing shit!”

“Well we are arresting her and out she goes.”

“So you are going to arrest someone that could not HEAR you recite the trespass card BECAUSE you READ it where she could not SEE you or know that you READ it? AND you darn well know BY law that you have to HAND a hearing impaired person the card and they READ it back to you so that it's legal and if they don’t you HAVE to find another way?” Rohanna asked, growing more mad by the second!

“I…I…”I did not know?” he finally caved

“Did not know or did not ask or finally just did not care? Cause so far you got me showing up to court on her side and I bet my FTO Leon here will show up to stand along with me too!” Rohanna threatened that other cops would be testifying on the woman's side for her mistreatment by the airport cops!

“We still have many issues here.” the cop in charge of the small team admitted.

“With what, the airline forgetting that she can’t hear even after she told them, or them not wanting to let her sit by her sister as they both go to a family meeting or reunion. All bad press no matter how you look at it these days!”

“To let her go on tonight’s flight, the airline's people will have to agree too and they called us in when she got a bit mad.”

“I’ll handle that mess, not too many corporate folks want to fuck around with my sort and the people I know who can influence the press to hurt stock prices in a day!”

Rohanna spun back around to the woman and got back down to her sight level, “Can I have your ticket or boarding pass, so I can talk to the airline about this?”

The woman kind of chuckled as she used her phone to connect to her hearing aid to up the volume or settings up a bit, “I can hear you pretty well as long as you get this close and you do know you have what I would call a slight and very strange accent in sign language?”

Rehanna had to chuckle a bit, as she got down to the woman's level too, “Ahhh we have our own sign language and sometimes find it hard to talk to you humans without slipping back to our own. You know old habits that are VERY old indeed!”

“Humans?” she quizzed back with a head tilt of wonderment.

“This…” Rohanna said as she let her glamor spell that hid her face slide just a bit so the woman could see.

“Elf!” She signed back and Rohanna nodded back. “We do exist,” she signed.

Rehanna went off towards the airline’s main desk and started to ask about the issue and as she told them what had happened. That they had forgotten to tell a hearing impaired person the gate was changing. All that happened was they got mad and denied it totally.

“So if I have an investigation run through the video, they will not find her telling you anything EVER?” she questioned them.

“Yes,” the lead agent said.

“Okay give me about five minutes to have a friend of mine pull that video and we will see?!” Rehanna said as she pulled her bunnyphone out and called Cyberkitty. Rehanna got her up to speed on the small project and she was a bit mad…she hates people that blow off those with handicaps or other similar issues!

CyberKitty took a bit longer than five minutes, but what she found was damning! Rehanna walked back to the airline desk and smiled, “Watch the big screen!” she said pointing at the LARGE video monitor that took up most of a wall for showing advertisements.

The video started and CyberKitty has outdone herself! It rolled on showing five different cameras and synced sound that she got from peoples cell phones or computers in the area and each view showed the woman not only telling the airline agents that she was very hard of hearing and that her hearing aid sometimes went off without her knowing it. Anyone watching and listening could tell even with the woman’s voice being a bit off because of her hearing issues.

The killer part of the whole embarrassment came last, as the camera showed her write all of that out on a notepad and showed no less than three agents, who all nodded that they understood what she had asked for…she had asked for help and they messed up.

Rehanna smiled as the video screen went back to showing normal advertisements, “So do you let her on so she can sit with her sister on THIS flight and maybe give them both an upgrade to first class? Or does my friend send this video evidence all over the internet and make you famous by morning?”

“I’ll get her a new boarding pass and see about those seats” the lead agent said getting to work.

“Thought so bitch..” Rehannna mumbled under her breath in Drow.

~o~O~o~

A few hours later

Leon was guiding the SUV down one of the many streets on their normal ‘beat’ and looking out for anything amiss or out of place. Kelly was busy checking the lie feed off the shop’s computer for anything going on in their area and found nothing amiss…but said nothing so as not to JINX the shift!

They rolled down a few streets and Leon was looking for a spot to pull over to the side so that they could watch over a hot spot known to get robbed quite a bit. All he wanted was a good, well hidden spot that could see the darn place!

That is when both of the twin’s bunyphones went absolutely NUTS! This was something that had never happened to the pair before and was a feature the twins knew nothing about! The darn phones were screeching in a pitch only they could hear and flashing in a light they could only hope to see and buzzing/vibrating like mad!

WHAT THE FUCK!” both shouted in stereo, as they tried to yank the phones from vest pockets that they kept them in.

Kelly spun around in his seat as Leon pulled the SUV over as best he could and turned on its lights, “Girls what is going on back there?” he asked.

“Heck if we know?” they both droned out and pawed at their phones. They both got them on and found the screen flashing a message “WA emergency broadcast network” and a button that was lit up that had “Action recommendation or request

“Looks like the school’s calling…some kind of emergency?” Rohanna said, as she pressed the button and it flipped the screen to a new message. The message went on to tell the reason why there was an “emergency”. Two buses full of students from another school slid off the local mountain road and down a cliff. Several students dead and almost all were injured to some level.

The “action request” sent specifically to and for the twins was “You are a known teleporter with capability of transporting others…if you choose to help in this cause, you will transport injured, medical staff to location and help gather any needed medical supplies. Please report to Doyle med center ER.

Leon got the SUV/shop parked and slammed it into ‘park’ as he too spun around to the girls, “So what is going on back at the school!” he asked, very worried about his nephew that also attended the same school!

“Look…” Rehanna said, handing Leon her phone, “We gotta get going and save some kids!”

Leon read the message and showed Kelly real quick, “You best get going and be careful you two!” Kelly asked as both girls vanished.

“Well I hope it all goes well and now back to looking for a spot to keep an eye on that shop that keeps getting robbed!” Leon said and he barely had time to start the SUV when the radio clicked off a call for them, then the computer added in the info for the call too with its own beeping.

Kelly read off the call and shook his head to what he read, “Look like Jerry Simons is out of jail and back home beating on the wife again.”

“That is WHAT the fourth time this year, can’t they keep him locked up or she just leaves for another state ... why…WHY does she keep dropping charges or go back to that monster. Heck five months ago they set her all up with a new place to live for a year free and a new GOOD paying job for her and the kids!”

“Let's roll, we are only four blocks away and I will tell the boss the kids left us for a call of their own once we are done,” Kelly said pointing back down the block to where the calls was at, “Too back the twins are not with us, they could handle that big guy Jerry like he was a barbie doll!”

“Not too worry the twins showed me how they numb arms and legs a few weeks back and I got really good at it!” Leon smiled.

“When and how did you have time for that?” Kelly had to ask!

“You remember all that time we had to wait with Reggy and his brother Jeggs a few back?”

“Yaaaa prisoner intake was all booked at the island,” Kelly said remembering that busy weekend.

“You went to get us all lunch and the twins had me practice on Reggy and Jeggs! They did not mind after the twins showed who they were and how it could get worse…well I got real good and numbing limbs on both of them and they felt zero pain aside from going limp as noodles!” he laughed

“Leon…don’t tell anyone else that and you did what with the shop cams?”

“What shop cams, the twins turned those off and had a buddy edit the tapes to make it look like Reggy and Jeggs were having fun with jokes!”

Kelly had to sigh, “If those two ever go full time criminal, they will make Scarface look like a toddler in comparison!”

Not even ten minutes later Leon stopped the shop at the right door and was hopping out as Kelly read off the address and call to the radio, “Unit fourteen at four seven seven Walnut, going to floor three, apartment three for domestic violence call. Request backup and transport to same.” he then tossed the handset back into the SUV and he tried to catch up to the speedy Leon.

Leon was heading up the stairs and knew that Kelly would take a bit of time to catch up. But as he topped the third landing, he could hear a huge fight coming from the apartment in question and knew that waiting for Kelly might not be a good option for the wife in this situation or maybe even the three kids of the small family!

“Hey Kelly I hear a ruckus from in there!” he shouted down to Kelly, who was a level below and coming up fast.

“Hey Leon, wait up for me and we enter together on this guy…you know he is a dangerous and fighty type” Kelly huffed out and started to speed up with his pounding feet to stairs!

The younger Leon was already at the door and still could hear screaming from beyond it…like someone was being killed inside! “Gotta go in, Kelly or not and stop this shit!” he swore under his breath and then spoke to the body cam, “I can make out a fight inside, woman in pain screaming bloody murder…going in!”

Kelly made it to the third landing and could make out Leon far down the hallway readying his taser, then re-checking his gun. He gave the door a kick and was leaping right inside.

Leon’s boot blew the door’s lock free of the jamb and sent wood flying all over and now he could make out the shouts and cries coming from one of the bedrooms in the back of the apartment and he ran in.

“Leon, wait for me, partner, I am right here!” Kelly shouted as the world suddenly got bright as staring right into the sun, the hallway was a flash of heat and dust filled Kelly’s vision and blocked it out. Then air rushed at him and became like one of the hurricanes he had experienced in his long life…the rush of air blew him back down the stairs where he was knocked out.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2023 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well that ending doesn't

Well that ending doesn't sound like it bodes well for the two policemen, of all the times for the twins to get called away on another call, this will hit them pretty hard, not to mentions the policemens wives.

ohhh yes

shadowsblade's picture

the plot is about to get CRAZY and interesting!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Light flash

Somehow I have a feeling that it was not a simple flashbang grenade going off. Hmm, Kelly might survive, if he didn't break his neck falling down the stairs.

Thx for another nice chapter^^