If It Was Your Husband 9 & 10 of 20

Printer-friendly version
If It Was Your Husband.png


If It Was Your Husband 9 & 10 of 20

By Patricia Marie Allen


Chapter 9
Gaining a better look

  While I was preoccupied, she was looking ahead and making plans for me.

  “You really need to let your hair grow out some more, but in the meantime, I think we should get it styled. You know different parts of your hair grow at different rates and for it to look right as it grows out, someone who knows about such things should take care of it. Just a little trim about every two weeks, to keep things growing even.”

  I snapped back out of my wool-gathering. “What!? Are you suggesting we tell someone else about our experiment? …Or did you already talk to your hairdresser?”

  “No, but I was thinking I could tell her that you wanted to recapture your youth and grow your hair out, but that I put my foot down on you looking scraggly like some kind of 70’s hippy. Then I could ask her if she’d oversee your journey into the past.”

“I just don’t want to deal with another of your cronies knowing that I’m letting you feminize me.”

  “Oh Alex, I’m not feminizing you. I’m guiding you as you discover your feminine side. You know all men have a feminine side, just as all women have a masculine side.”

  “Yeah, yeah, we went through that before. Call it what you will, but all I know is I’m discovering a lot more of my feminine side than I could have even imagined was there.”

  “Ah… but the question is, do you like it?”

  I opened my mouth to deny it, but just then, my hand told me about the exquisite feel of the fabric. She had me, I did like it. I’d gone to wearing women’s panties and camis fulltime and even dabbled in wearing a bra for no other reason than I wanted to. That didn’t even take into account that these pants sent me into orbit.

  “Well? Do you?”

  “OK, OK, I like it. It’s just that you’re ‘guiding’ me a bit faster than I’m comfortable with.”

  “Look, I have an appointment with Janice on Monday. I’ll complain to her about you wanting to relive your long-haired student days. Then, at the end of the discussion, I’ll ask her if she’d mind overseeing your search for your lost youth.”

  That was that. A statement of fact; no discussion; a fait accompli. It was a done deal.

  “Come on, give me a hand with dinner,” Carrie told me.

TG Break.png

  I spent the rest of the evening in that outfit and eventually got to where it wasn’t constantly the only thing I thought about. But there were moments, like when we were watching TV and I crossed my legs. I kind of lost track of the show as I rubbed my calf against my knee. Then I was taken with the fact that I hadn’t simply laid my ankle across my knee as I usually did, but instead, I had knee over knee and I pulled my ankle close to my calf for maximum contact.

  Then of course there were the trips to the bathroom. I couldn’t just go in and take a leak like before. I had to spend some time admiring my reflection. Carrie had done an excellent job of making me look like a woman. I don’t know if I could have admitted it to her at that time, but I doubted that anyone would have questioned me in any situation where I needed to be a woman. Not to mention, in keeping with the illusion, I sat. It just seemed the thing to do.

TG Break.png

  When it came time for bed, Carrie had another idea. After I cleaned my makeup off, I reluctantly took off the blouse and the heavenly pants. As I reached around and started to struggle with unclipping the bra, she said, “Why don’t you leave that on?” as she handed me my… ‘oh God,’ my nightgown; the new one. I shrugged and slipped the nightgown on without removing the bra. I was going to find out what sleeping with boobs was like.

  Fortunately, I don’t sleep on my stomach, so lying on my chest wasn’t an issue; but still, the bra was a foreign feeling, especially when trying to get to sleep. That is, not to mention the nightgown. When I got in bed, it kind of swirled around me touching all parts of me at once. The feeling was surreal, something out of The Twilight Zone, like the show on the Sci-Fi channel. I could just hear the voice of Rod Serling saying, “...That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!”

  It got even more unreal when Carrie snuggled up in her own silky nightie. ‘Oh… my… God…’ I’ve got to tell you, if you’ve never tried it, you should. I mean, even if you don’t approve of cross-dressing, the sensation of nylon nightie to nylon nightie is worth setting aside your prejudices to experience it. I don’t think I can even begin to describe the tactile sensation involved.

  After a bit of snuggle time, Carrie kissed me and said, “Have a good night, I’ll see you in the morning. I can’t wait for the report of how you like your new nightgown.” With that, she just rolled over and dropped off to sleep. I, on the other hand, lay there taking inventory of where my life had gone in the last few months before I dropped into a fitful sleep.

TG Break.png

  In the morning, I awoke confused. There was a strange feeling on my body. My legs were bare and something… something soft and silky was wrapped around my middle. When I tried to discover what it was, my arm ran into some bumps on my chest. I immediately became aware of the bra strap. Then the night before came flooding back into my memory.

  I struggled out of bed and quietly slipped into the bathroom. With the long nightgown, it was just too much trouble to hike it up and keep it out of the way, so I just dropped my panties, hauled it up behind and sat. I was a bit groggy anyway, so I’d have probably made a mess and Carrie wasn’t too happy when that happened. Splashes, you know. ‘Hum,’ I thought, ‘maybe I should just sit all the time. What the heck, I do it all the time at work to avoid using the urinal and risking someone getting a look at my underwear. … Yeah, Carrie would like that. The seat would be down all the time and cleaning the bathroom would be easier. … Besides, with the way she’s feminizing me, it just kind of fits. …’

  ‘You know, Alex, you’re flippin’ crazy! What the hell kind of man would be trussed up in a bra, with fake boobs, wearing a nightgown, sitting down to pee and thinking it would be good to do it all the time? Oh crap! I forgot to add that the crazy SOB likes it all…’

  ‘Yeah, what kind of man?’ … That really rattled me, I just realized I really did like what Carrie was doing to me, or to be more fair, with me. I mean, she was guiding, but I wasn’t resisting and I even struck out on my own a tiny little step. Problem was, I let her find out and she ran with it. That’s why I’m wearing the bra with the fake boobs.

  Having finished my business, I stood and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess. ‘Yeah, time to do something with your hair.’ I picked up Carrie’s hair brush and ran it through the rat’s nest and somehow, though I brushed it every day, I was taken with just how long it was getting. It was well over my ears on the side and reached my collar in the back. I pulled it all back and discovered it was long enough to pull into a high ponytail. Not a very long ponytail, but it looked feminine enough. Especially when I tied it off with one of Carrie’s scrunchies.

  I don’t have a very dark beard nor does it grow very fast, but it was just visible enough that it spoiled the image. So I lathered up and shaved. Now there’s a sight, a rather plain-looking woman in a nightgown with a face full of shaving cream, stroking a razor over her face. It brought to mind a scene from an old movie about the circus. The midway barker inviting people to see the bearded lady, only the bearded lady wouldn’t be shaving.

TG Break.png

  It was kind of a downer when I realized that it was Monday, a work day and I’d have to go all masculine again. ‘Where did that thought come from? Since when do I feel bad about being masculine?’ I studied my reflection in the mirror. Not as good as it was last night, but with the boobs and my hair pulled back it was feminine enough to call into question whether I was male or female.

  I quickly took my hair down and stripped for a quick shower. In thirty minutes, I was ready to head out the door. I surveyed myself in the hall mirror and found myself wishing I could actually push the envelope a little for work. ‘Oh well, underdressing will have to do.’ As I realized I was disappointed, I quickly thought, ‘Alex, my boy, you’ve gone around the bend. You’re completely, stark raving mad.’

TG Break.png

  I took a break about ten and got myself some coffee in the breakroom. Alone, I brought my hand up to my chest and cupped my pectoral. I was sorry I wasn’t wearing the bra with at least the little stick-on boobs I started with. ‘Please tell me I’m not considering doing that… wearing the bra and booblettes to work,’ I thought, as if I was somehow talking to my own psyche.

  I pondered that for a while and had to admit to myself that I kind of wished I had worn the bra. Upon further reflection, I decided that I was looking forward to the bra that Ann was ordering for me

TG Break.png

  It was Thursday afternoon when Carrie called. “I just got a call from Ann. You can stop by and pick up the bras tonight if you want. She’s open until seven.” Wouldn’t you know it; it was a day I was underdressing, but then that was pretty much full time these days.

  My pulse picked up a bit. I was of two minds about it. On the one hand, going to a lingerie shop to pick up a bra for myself seemed a bit over the top. On the other hand, I couldn’t wait to see what a bra that was my size would feel like to wear. … ‘Wait, she said “bras,” just how many did she order?’ I couldn’t concentrate; after an hour, I made an excuse and headed out, only a little early.

TG Break.png

  “Hi Alex,” Ann said cheerily as I entered the shop.

  I couldn’t believe it. I was going into a lingerie shop to pick up some special order bras for me… FOR ME!

  “Ah, Carrie said our order was in.” I couldn’t bring myself to say “my bras” or “my order.”

  “I’ve got them in the fitting room. You should try at least one of them on to make sure that it fits right. I’ll give you a little tutorial on adjusting the straps.”

  “Do you really think that’s necessary? You did the measurements,” I said, wondering again just how many bras Carrie had ordered.

  “It’s always a good idea. In fact, it’s my policy for special orders. I can send them back if there’s a screw-up, but only if they’ve not been worn.”

TG Break.png

  I felt really awkward being alone in the fitting room with Ann especially when she had me strip to the waist and would then be able to see what I was wearing underneath. I’ve got to give it to her, she was totally professional. She helped me on with it when it became apparent that I didn’t know the first thing about fastening a bra behind my back. She fussed with the bra, tugging at the flesh of my pecs and then adjusting the straps. The bra was amazing. The thing actually fit. It was in a pushup style so it wasn’t exactly without padding. The padding was in the bottom part of the cups to push up what was there naturally and once she got the straps adjusted, there was a modicum of cleavage showing. She went over what to look for when adjusting the straps. As she finished up, the bell on her door chimed and she left me to get dressed. I hesitated for a moment. I decided I wanted to see what it looked like under my work clothes. I wasn’t going back to the office anyway.

  I slipped the cami on first and looked at my reflection for a bit. There was just enough padding under my pecs to push them up and out. Combined with the padding there was undeniably something under the cami. I put on my shirt and stood sideways to get an idea how it would look from the most obvious view. Yeah, I could see the difference, but I think that was only because I was looking. Facing the mirror, I didn’t look much different than a lot of men. I was fit enough that the enhancement might have been well-developed pecs; like I’d spent some time in the gym. I tucked in my shirt, picked up the bag with the other bras, and went back out to the main part of the shop. Ann was just finishing ringing up a woman’s purchase as I walked up.

  As soon as she was out the door, Ann asked, “What do you think? Are they going to fit the bill?”

  I just had to get smart-mouthed. “I don’t know about Bill but they fit Alex.”

  She smiled. “Come back any time and tell your friends about the place. Word of mouth is my best advertising. Oh and when you’re ready for outerwear, here are some shops that offer the same kind of service I do.” She reached under the counter and produced a list. “The star next to the name indicates that you should call for an appointment. They prefer that cross-dressers come in before or after business hours.”

  I took the paper and nodded. “I’m sure that Carrie will be in touch if she thinks of anything else I need.”

TG Break.png

Chapter 10
More exposure

  I’ve got to tell you, wearing a bra is a really different experience. Especially one that’s fitted to you and is a pushup bra. What I had worn before with the breast forms was different in a different way. That gave me a sense of what it might be like to have boobs. This one manipulated my pecs to make them look like I really did have boobs, albeit small, extremely small boobs, but boobs nonetheless. Looking down at myself, I could see the bumps, but I had seen other men with that kind of bumps under their shirts, so I hoped that so long as no one who knew me got interested in my chest they should go unnoticed.

TG Break.png

  “Hi hon, did you stop by Ann’s?” Carrie asked coming to greet me. “Oh, I see you did,” she continued, looking at the bag I was carrying. She gave me a hug and a kiss. She pulled back, and looked down at my chest dragging her hand over my shoulder, found the bra strap with her index finger.

  She smiled and said, “Couldn’t wait to try one on, huh? What do you think?”

  “Actually, Ann insisted that I try it on for fit. She said if it wasn’t right, she could send it back, but not if it had been worn. Since I was doing that, I decided to see how it looked with my cami and shirt on. By that time, it was just too much work to take it off.”

  “Well, if that’s your story, just stick to it.” She grinned mischievously. “But you didn’t tell me what you thought.”

  “It’s different.”

  “Different, good, or different bad?”

  “Neither actually, just different.”

  She lifted her eyebrows. “Do you like it?”

  “Too soon to tell.”

  “OK, keep it on and maybe wear it tomorrow as well. Maybe by the end of the day, you’ll have an opinion. I’m betting that given how you got used to the forms in the other bra, you’ll not find it an unpleasant experience.”

TG Break.png

  Getting ready for work on Friday was a struggle. While I had long since gotten used to underdressing and had really taken to wearing the nightgown after that first night, wearing a bra to work was a big step. I remembered how I’d fondled my pec and contemplated wearing a bra, even wishing I had.

  In the end, I did it. I just wore the one that Ann had adjusted for me. I’d wasted enough time debating whether I’d wear it at all and didn’t want to take time to adjust another one. If I did that, I’d probably end up having Carrie help me with it and I wanted to do it on my own. I was afraid that if she knew, she’d make a big deal out of it and then prompt me to do it again. This was something that I had to do all on my own. I rationalize that it wouldn’t count if Carrie was the driving force behind it.

  I was back to feeling nervous that someone would notice. To say I was distracted that morning would be an understatement. I fought the urge to hunch forward to hide my enhanced pecs. First of all, it would be out of character for me not to have good posture sitting at my desk. Secondly, since I was a suit coat kind of guy, but worked in my shirtsleeves, that maneuver would increase the chances of someone noticing the catch on the bra strap. I really didn’t get much work done until after lunch when I finally got into writing the report on the project that I’d finished on Thursday.

  By the time I went home, I was pretty sure that no one had twigged to the idea that I was wearing a bra. I was a bit giddy as I drove home. When I got there, I feigned needing the bathroom and quickly changed into my casual clothes, which turned out to be those women’s jeans, a woman’s tee, and a woman’s flannel shirt, so that Carrie wouldn’t realize that I had worn the bra to work. To that end, I changed bras. I spent a long time adjusting the straps.

  “I was about to organize a search party. What took you so long?” Carrie asked as she handed me my usual cup of coffee.

  “Oh well, I was adjusting the bra. Ann adjusted the one I wore home, and she told me how to do it, but it’s not as easy as she made it look.”

  “Did you get it adjusted OK?”

  “I think so. It feels right.”

  She stepped closer and hugged me, running her hand up my back so she could feel the bra strap. She smiled and kissed me softly.

  “Dinner will be ready in about half an hour,” she told me.

  I went to the office and checked my email. I also surfed some cross-dressing sites. If I was going to be joining the club I thought I should familiarize myself with what other cross-dressers thought.

  I got lost on the computer; there was just too much information. Carrie came in and told me to get to the table because dinner was getting cold.

TG Break.png

  “Oh, I talked to Janet. She has an opening on Saturday, at 10. She’s penciled you in. If we don’t cancel, she’ll expect you then.”

  “OK, just what did you tell her?”

    She shrugged, “Just what I said. You’re feeling a bit old these days and longed to recapture your youth. That you had it in your head to let your hair grow out and it was working on becoming unkempt. I also told her I thought that it was because the company had hired some younger guys that were wearing their hair long.”

  She was right, the company had hired in a couple of twenty-somethings that sported longer hair. The company dress code was nearly non-existent, so as long as it was neat and kept clean, they wouldn’t object. So if I was going to let it grow out, Carrie’s idea of keeping it trimmed up was good.

  “OK, I don’t know about going to a salon to get my hair cut, though.”

  “Not cut, dear, styled.”

TG Break.png

  “Hi, I’m Alex Douglas; I have a ten o’clock appointment.”

  “Oh yes, Carrie’s husband. She told me you’d decided to let your hair grow. I can see,” she said, studying my hair, “that she’s right. You do need something done with it. Right this way.”

  I was self-conscious. Not only was I in the quintessential women’s territory, but I was wearing those androgynous clothes that were really women’s but didn’t really look like it, complete with the “Italian” loafers and trouser socks. What’s more, I was underdressed to boot including one of my new bras.

  She led me to a chair and draped a pink polyester cape over me. She started off by running her fingers through my hair. I was glad I’d washed it that morning. It can tend to be greasy. She hummed a bit and lifted first this part and then that part.

  “You know, you’re not the first man I’ve had in here wanting to grow their hair out. Most of them are a little older and are fighting a receding hairline and some even male pattern baldness.”

  “Yeah, well I’m hoping to avoid that baldness thing. My dad and my uncle both had a full head of hair into their eighties.”

  “Maybe you’ll get lucky. We’ll start off with a quick wash and condition. What have you been using to wash your hair?”

  I was a bit embarrassed to admit it, but the tone of her voice told me she’d figured out that it wasn’t a real shampoo.

  “Ivory soap.”

  “I thought so. You should use the Paul Mitchell products that Carrie uses. It’ll make your hair look a lot better. That’s important if you’re going to wear it long.”

  She washed, conditioned, and combed it out. She then pulled up different sections of my hair and clipped it off with some big plastic clips. She did all the cutting with scissors whereas my barber used clippers almost exclusively. But then Joe, starts at the scalp in the back and clips up pulling away from the head as he goes and trims the hairline close on the sides. He does finish off with scissors on the top of the head.

  Janet simply snipped the ends a bit in most places. The longest piece she cut off couldn’t have been more than a quarter of an inch or maybe a little more. Joe went at a haircut like it was a production line, whereas Janet was an artist, paying attention to detail. When she got through with all the sections she leaned the chair back again and washed and conditioned it again.

  “Your hair is in pretty bad shape,” she told me as she was blow-drying it. “I’m going to recommend Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Hair Serum. You should use it for a while. That Ivory soap is good for washing hands, but it definitely did a number on your hair.”

  She brushed my hair out and then hit it with some hair spray. I almost objected to the hairspray, but then I thought about the cross-dresser angle. I remembered some of the info I found on the internet some cross-dressers talked about the “salon experience” and hairspray played a part. So I just rolled with it.

  I contemplated my visit as I drove home. All in all it wasn’t what I had feared when Carrie brought the idea up. Janet didn’t act like there was any more to my growing my hair longer than what Carrie had said she told her. ‘Seems like Carrie’s stuck to her word on this part of the adventure. I’m glad I didn’t just roll with it and let her repeat the scenario that happened with Ann.’

TG Break.png

  “How’d it go?” Carrie wanted to know.

  “OK, I guess.”

  “Your hair looks great. It’s a lot neater. What’s in the bag?”

  “Oh, she sent me home with some kind of hair treatment. She said that my ‘Ivory soap really did a number on my hair’.”

  Carrie took the bag and looked in it. She nodded.

  “Well, I’d use it if I were you. Janet knows her stuff and if she said you needed it, then I’m sure you do. When your hair is short, it really doesn’t make much difference but when it’s longer, it needs to be healthy so it doesn’t break off. That’s what causes split ends.”

  “She said that I should quit using Ivory soap and switch to your shampoo and conditioner.”

  “I’m not surprised. I just replenished my supply. Did she say how often she wants to see you?”

  “Yeah, every four weeks. My next appointment is March 20th. She said that she’ll just make it a standing appointment, so the next one will be the 17th of April.”

  “With both of us using it, we’ll need more just after your appointment. Maybe we should buy it in the jumbo size. Usually, only salons buy that size. But in the long run we’d save money.”

  ‘In the long run? How long does she think it will be before I give this up and go back to … back to what? Can I even go back?’

  “What is layering?”

  “Why do you ask?”

  “Because Janet said that by April, she expected my hair would be long enough that we could do some layering.”

  “Oh good. Layering is like my hair. The top and sides are cut shorter than the bottom and the back. It makes it easy to care for and style. The longer hair makes it look like long hair, while the shorter hair gives it volume when it’s teased a little, but it blends in with the longer hair and gives the illusion of it being all one length. You’ll love it.”

  “I’m not sure about it on me, but your hair always looks great.”

TG Break.png

  The second time I went to see Janet, I wasn’t as nervous. That was for a couple of reasons. The most obvious was that Janet and the salon were known commodities. The second reason was by then cross-dressing had taken on a familiar air. It no longer felt foreign or strange. In fact, I looked forward to the weekends when I could get out of bed and have my outerwear match my underwear. That and I’d grown to like the feel of those special-order bras. Much to my surprise, I had thought how nice it would be to have a little more to put in the cups. I had experimented with the small gel boobs that I started with. I had to readjust the straps, but with the things stuck to my chest just below my pecs, they combined with the gel pushup pads to really show some cleavage. They did add to the size of the boobs as well, but all my shirts were loose enough that even Carrie didn’t notice that I’d added them to the mix.

  “Hi Alex, come on in,” Janet said as I stepped through the door.

  “Hi Janet.”

  I walked in and sat in the chair. She repeated the process from my last visit.

  “Your hair looks a lot better. You’ve obviously been using the products I recommended.”

  “Yeah, the stuff does make a difference. I was concerned that my hair might be a little hard to manage, but the stuff seems to have made my hair thicker, and that repair stuff makes it kind of stay where I put it. Oh, before I forget, Carrie says with both of us using the shampoo and conditioner, we need some more.”

  “Not a problem, I’ve got plenty in stock.”

  We continued to chat as she washed, conditioned, and clipped little bits of hair. It wasn’t the kind of conversation I’d get at the barber shop. It was more along the lines of what techniques I could use to style my hair. When she was through snipping, she brushed it out and turned me toward the mirror and demonstrated some of them. Somehow this time my hair looked totally different than it had before. It was noticeably longer and fuller than ever before; even counting my student activist days. Then it was long, but it just lay flat on my head.

  “Now, if you were a woman, at this point we’d be looking to give you some bangs.” She brushed the hair on top, forward and then off to one side.

  I felt a cold chill go down my spine as I looked at my reflection. That simple move gave my androgynous look a solid push toward the feminine. If I had been wearing any woman’s top other than the nondescript polo shirt I had on, all I’d have needed was a little mascara and some light lipstick and it would have been complete.

  Next she pulled the hair back and tied it off with a scrunchie. Not the low ponytail you’d expect on a man, but high at the crown. It was just long enough to support the idea of a ponytail without looking odd. That combined with the bangs she’d created turned that cold chill into a cold sweat.

  “Too bad you’re not a woman. That look is totally you.”

  She took out the ponytail and moussed my hair, and styled it with the hair that had made up the bangs brushed back and off to the side, giving my hair a more masculine cant. The sides were styled back, just over the top of my ears, concealing a little less than half of them.

TG Break.png

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nice

i'm sure he's just fooling himself thinking no one can see his bra. even if the pecs aren't that visible, the straps hook/eye is. there is just no way to hide it as you move and the shirt draws tight across the back. even the adjustment slide on the shoulder strap causes a visible bump that can only be one thing. very nice job on the salon scenes. now he knows how to style his hair from the manscape to look cute. there is also no real good way way to hide his girl clothes on weekends. the cut and fit is just different to men's styles. but this is all a good thing. hope it doesn't come crashing down on his head. he's so right. there is nothing like the feel of nylon on nylon. glad he's liking it, cause i think it's gonna be long term.

I'm with Stacy . . .

Emma Anne Tate's picture

. . . on all counts. Bra straps show even through both a dress shirt and a jacket. If he doesn't wear the jacket at work, there's no way everyone there doesn't know. And . . . they don't care! What a great working environment. :) I think Alex is past the point of no return, but I expect he's still clinging to the belief that he can stop!

Nice chapter, Patricia.

Hugs,

Emma

Lots of middle

crash's picture

There was lots of middle in this one. Not a bad segment but not much story progress either.

As always, I live in anticipation of your next segment.

Your friend
Crash

Turning point

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

This pair of chapters simply set the stage for the next two which are the turning point in the story. The next segment will see Alex come to totally accept himself as he realizes that he's behaving like an average cross-dresser. And in the second part of it we see Alex go out of his way to give Mike some comfort and hope.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Again

I am really enjoying the story. IMHO it just does not feel forced. I totally identify with Alex and am fascinated as he learns to trust himself and his allies. I could see him going the whole breast implant way before the end of the story or maybe the sequel? hint, hint. You are talented author and I'm glad your trust your instincts. Can't wait for the next installment.

Warmest regards
Stalya

As usual very good writing.

As usual very good writing. I quickly read through chapters 9 & 10 since I was anxious to see how the story wen.t I really did not like the underhanded way Carrie treated Alex in the lingerie shop. I then logged off and waited 24 hours to re-read the chapters more slowly to try to understand the nuances throughout the story line. I also read all the comments before the second reading. I agree with almost every comment made so here are mine. The first time I read about the salon and the interchange between Alex and Carrie I felt as though Carrie again, behind Alex's back, told Janet more than what she told Alex she would. "She shrugged and just what I said" was all she said to Alex. I guess my mistrust from what she did in chapter 8 influenced my first impression. When I read it the second time I am in agreement with the comment that Janet knows from her own experiences in the salon that Alex is crossdressing. To her it would be obvious what kind of clothes he is wearing on the outside as well as the bra underneath. That is why she commented TWICE on two styles that would look good on him "if he was a woman". Not something you would do with a male customer -- maybe once but never twice. So she is definitely in the know now. As far as the interaction between Carrie and Alex, I am still disappointed. Every interaction between the two was very "clinical" and not personal on Carrie's part. Who enjoys the nightgowns in bed and then calmly rolls over and goes to sleep leaving Alex wide awake and confused. No husband/wife compassion there. Alex is coming out and he has no understanding wife/partner to discuss, question and confide in. He rightly knows that the experiment director would push harder to completion instead on listening to and acting on his concerns and fears. She is more amused than caring at this point. Poor Alex

Not so subtle

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

I guess my portrayal of Janet's character wasn't a subtle as I intended. My only experience in a salon was with an operator that knew I was cross-dressing before I went in. I met her through a local Trans group and she had a trans partner living with her, so I asked when I made the appointment if it would bother her other customers if I wore a dress.

As I wrote that portion, I wasn't too sure if just how long it would take for Janet to clock him but I new she would. Wait until next week. It comes to a head. But we see that Carrie didn't go behind Alex's back and tell Janet any more than she needed to know about Alex wanting long hair. (OK so it's Carrie that wants him to have long hair, but Alex gets on board with the idea soon enough.)

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Maybe I am biased a little

Maybe it because I am still upset with Carrie over what she did to Alex in Chapter 8 that I am apparently biased. I still think the cavalier "shrug of the head and told only what I said I would" suggests there is some subterfuge on Carrie's part. Maybe Janet did figure it out all by herself at the salon. But then she could have concluded it with whatever else Carrie "inferred" to her when making the appointment as well as her own observations. If Carrie did "infer" something when making the appointment then Janet would definitely have been on the lookout when Alex arrives. Also would explain why Janet was so comfortable making two references to how good the styles would look on a "woman". With the way Carrie is treating Alex I tend to believe that the salon revelation is a combination both Carrie and Janet. How Carrie is acting around and treating Alex definitely tends to support my interpretation of events. Like I said at the beginning I may be overly biased towards Carrie

This is still giving me a queasy feeling……

D. Eden's picture

Not as bad as before, but I still feel as if Carrie is pushing this on Alex.

Like he stated at the beginning, it still feels like she is feminizing her husband. Her comment about “guiding you as you discover your feminine side” is bull shit. She hasn’t been guiding him - this was all her idea, and she is the one pushing it. Alex even comments later about needing to adjust the bra himself so that Carrie wasn’t the driving force behind it.

Yes, he seems to be enjoying things, and even moving them along on his own now - but even Alex has recognized that Carrie is pushing it along.

She is still doing things to him rather than with him. She manipulated him into picking up the bras, and then made fun of him for the fact that he was wearing one when he got home. When he explained why, she threw out her usual line about, “if that’s your story, stick to it.” That little wise ass response would really piss me off if I were in his situation.

At least she apparently didn’t pull her hair dresser into things, but I am not too sure about that either as Janet is manipulating his hair into feminine hair styles. Is that because Carrie told her about Alex but asked her to pretend she doesn’t know? Or is it because Janet has recognized Alex is wearing women’s clothing? Or is it that perhaps she has seen the bra straps? Why would a hair dresser suddenly start showing a man how easy it would be to make him look feminine without some underlying impetus? That would seem to be counterproductive to keeping a client under normal circumstances.

Yes, this still leaves me not feeling right. It still feels like Carrie has an ulterior motive beyond helping their mutual friends. It also still feels like she is manipulating not just Alex, but using other people to push her agenda forward. She has invested way too much effort and money into this for helping a friend to be the only reason. And as for Alex, I am feeling more like he is resigned to this happening rather than it being something he really wanted. Even if he seems to be enjoying things, it still wasn’t something he needed to have happen in his life. It’s not like he was having gender issues, or desired to wear women’s clothing before this started.

Yeah, still has an underlying sense of forced fem going on.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Once again, you make convincing arguments

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

Is that because Carrie told her about Alex but asked her to pretend she doesn’t know? Or is it because Janet has recognized Alex is wearing women’s clothing? Or is it that perhaps she has seen the bra straps?

Any and all of that is possible. But I can state that, no Carrie didn't intentionally say anything to Janet about the experiment. That said, I'm not sure just how observant that Janet was in these two visits. A lot of what I write boils over, out of my subconscious -- where my muse lives -- and I'm often give only that prose without all the nuances that you seem gifted to read into it.

Part of what is interesting to me as the author is seeing how others interpret what's written. I'm enjoying the comments almost as much as the story.

All I can say is wait until next week.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

What a very good writer does

What a very good writer does is produce a reaction to their writing which can be positive or negative. You have done a great job at doing this. Obviously this is a subject that generates a lot of strong emotion in us, the readers, so it is proof of your writing style and skill. I do enjoy reading the comments and your responses almost as the story. I am very new to this and am thankful that I ran across your stories early on in my browsing. I have read several of your stories but the one I like most is the one about crossdressing for the formal party in England. I hope to read more stories along these lines and I hope that my interpretation and critique of this story does not negatively influence future stories. I think your stories are bringing out years of suppression for me and I long for the loving wife aspect of your stories. Looking forward to chaters 11 & 12!!!

What a very good writer does

What a very good writer does is produce a reaction to their writing which can be positive or negative. You have done a great job at doing this. Obviously this is a subject that generates a lot of strong emotion in us, the readers, so it is proof of your writing style and skill. I do enjoy reading the comments and your responses almost as the story. I am very new to this and am thankful that I ran across your stories early on in my browsing. I have read several of your stories but the one I like most is the one about crossdressing for the formal party in England. I hope to read more stories along these lines and I hope that my interpretation and critique of this story does not negatively influence future stories. I think your stories are bringing out years of suppression for me and I long for the loving wife aspect of your stories. Looking forward to chaters 11 & 12!!!

Comments not likely to affect future stories.

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

Try as I will, I can't influence my muse very much. When I'm in the zone, the stories come out however they will. The only why I can change the direction of the storyline is to quit writing until my muse cooperates a little. My muse is a bit like Carrie, in that when I resist any concessions she makes will be paid for later in the story.

This is the first story I've posted as a serial. I only did that because I thought that 40K words was a bit much to expect readers to read in one setting.

The only way that any comment might affect my writing would be to improve on my character development. I can see from the comments on this story that my readers see a different Alex and Carrie than I saw when I wrote the piece. I learned from that. In the future, I will need to spend some time revealing more of the backstory regarding my main characters.

Chapters 11 & 12 will be more on target with how Carrie's crazy idea helps Mike with his relationship with Lisa. Yes, I expect that some folks will still see some negative characteristics in what Carrie does. Alas the story is written and without a major rewrite (which I'm not willing to do once a story is posted) Carrie is who she is.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt