How Do You Walk in Those Things

Printer-friendly version
How Do You Walk In Those Things

By Patricia Marie Allen

"What have we here?" my mother asked as I stood admiring my legs in the heels my sister had offered to let me try walking in.

My sister had offered to let me try to walk in her heels. It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been only wearing the heels. But no, I was decked out in full lingerie and a dress as well. Tara had slyly cajoled me into the outfit as she pieced together the argument that in order to get the nearly too tight shoes on, I need the pantyhose. Boxers would never do under them; hence panties. The robe she'd loaned me was too short to cover if I was going to move around at all, so the half-slip. You can't go around in a half-slip, so the dress. The dress wouldn't hang right with no bust line, solution; the stuffed bra.

My sister explained it all to Mom as though it was the most logical thing in the world.

"Is that all true, what Tara said," Mom wanted to know. I nodded, not yet sure I wasn't in trouble. I mean, boys aren't supposed to wear girl's clothes. "So, how long do you think you'll need to practice in the two inch heels before you're ready to try the stilettos?"

I looked to Tara. "Well, he's been wearing those since before noon. If he keeps them on the rest of today and then wears them again tomorrow; maybe the day after, if he does real good tomorrow," she offered.

"What do you think, Alex? Do you think you're up for that much time like this?"

No mention of the right or wrong of me doing it, just am I up for it.

"I guess."

"Well then, if you're going to dress like that, let's do something with your hair so your head looks like it belongs with the rest of you," Mom stated.

TG Break_1_0_0.jpg

Again decked out in clean panties and yet another dress, the day went by like lightening and by noon, I was totally oblivious to what I was wearing. As I was getting ready for bed that night, my sister poked her head into the room.

"Hey, tomorrow is stiletto day. I think you should wear something special." She brought in her one and only fancy dress. She looked at least 18 when she wore it.

TG Break_1_0_0.jpg

After I talked to Mom. "I really like the way my legs look when I wear Tara's heels. I've got some money saved up. Do you think it'd be OK if I bought some of my own?"

"You'd need to get your own pantyhose and some different underwear," she told me.

"I know."

"OK; I'll drop you and your sister at the mall tomorrow, but you have to buy it all yourself. Your sister's there only because you're so young."

I think she thought I wouldn't have the courage. NOT!


-- Finis --

Patricia Marie Allen is also the author of: Michelle’s Summer of Discovery, Dumb Bet, The Crush; Pattie’s Dilemma, An Invitation to Come Out, The CNA, It Was His Mistake… So Why Am I Dressed Like This, I Should Have Seen It Coming, Girls Aren't So Yukky After All, A TV's Dream, Millie's Release, Lady Bugs Revisited, Jamie Finds Acceptance, Tight Money, Silence is Golden, Dear Dr. Laura, and My Cousin's Clothes; all available on Big Closet Top Shelf. The CNA, A TV's Dream, My Cousin's Clothes and a new work, Michelle's Summer of Discovery are also available at Smashwords in all eReader formats .

up
214 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I don't know how ladies walk

I don't know how ladies walk in heels...

I am banned from wearing them, I've nearly broken my ankles multiple times thanks to 2 inch heels, anything higher and I'd break both ankles and wrists!

You ladies who master heels are something else, you look good in them for a reason: you earned it!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

When I was younger I wore

When I was younger I wore heels up to 7 inches high, not only could I wear them I could walk around in them for hours and shot darts wearing them. That ended about 8 years ago when I twisted both ankles so severely that it took 3 months for me to even walk more than 100 yards, then I broke my leg in 3 places below the knee so now I wear 2 inch solid wedges.

how do we wear them?

sugar_britches63's picture

we put them on and then put one foot in front of the other. Sorry but I could not resist kind sir.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

I left myself open!

I left myself open!

I couldn't master that, all I could do is wobble, fall, break anything in arm's length, curse, yell... At least I'm not the only one with that issue,my niece is banned from wearing anything over an inch for the same reasons as me :D

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I was always sporty and spent

I was always sporty and spent a great deal of time up on the balls of my feet for a faster reaction timse, so high heels came easier than mid height ones.

__

Estarriol

I used to be normal, but I found the cure....

When you have

ladies Size 11W feet, finding any heels can be a daunting task.

Clever premise!

Donna T's picture

Very clever premise. Not the usual "forced/lost bet" story. Is there a second installment?

Donna

Alas no

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

This story was posted as a blatant plug for my other works. I'm afraid it's a one off. Just a quickie.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Heels Off to a Good Start

Stilettos begin tomorrow. I like the start of the story. Is there more to Alex being here.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

I learned when very young.

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

I lost my ability to wear heels of anything over 1 1/2 inch when I broke my knee 15 years ago. My first experience was with my sisters heels. I'd have been eight or nine at the time and just discovering my feminine nature. I mastered them with the ease only a young, limber body would allow. My highest heels were 4 inches and I routinely wore 3 inch heels for long periods without problems. But when I broke said leg at the knee, my leg won't lock back any more so the muscles in my thigh cramp rather quickly and the knee joint hurts when standing in heels. :o(

Everything about my sister (five years older than me) fascinated me. I asked a lot of questions about why and how she did things. She inadvertently taught me many of the things I needed to know about girlhood, such as where to wear perfume, how to color coordinate an outfit, and how to reach buttons behind your back. (She used to wear cardigan sweaters buttoned up her back and I questioned how she did it. So she showed me by putting one on over her pullover shirt.)

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt