Love Story - Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

I was born in a traditional Indian family. In a typical desi family, the father is the decision maker and the mother is supposed to help and support the man. Children, however old in age, are to never talk back/question elders from the family and teachers.

To the world, I was a typical do-gooder who never questioned anything from the elders. Our family friends were traditional and orthodox as well. To them, I was the ideal guy who never questioned elders. I was well educated and had a good paying career.

Continuing this culture and lifestyle, I was married in a typical arranged marriage. Me and my wife were allowed to meet only a few times before deciding on a life time of commitment.

She was from a family who held the traditional values of our culture but had also incorporated some of the more "modern" values. She was allowed to speak her mind, question elders when she felt the decisions were not right or downright harmful in regards to her or her loved ones.

My marriage to her, in all appearances, was extremely successful both emotionally and sexually. Although, we were not a power couple in our social circle, we did have a certain fan following.

She was emotionally well grounded and could process her emotions very well. She even helped me out sometimes during particularly vexing situations. She never raised her voice/shouted during arguments.

Both of us enjoyed sex, but for me it was a duty to be performed and not indulged in. For her, on the other hand, it was something to be experienced to the fullest. She even had toys for days when I wasn't particularly up to the challenge of satisfying her.

Despite our differences, my life and my marriage appeared perfect to our family and friends. But all was not fine in paradise land.

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos