Wannabe: The College Years Chap. 13

Printer-friendly version

“So, are set to have your plumbing redone, Regina?” Emma looks at Reggie/Regina as they jog the road.

“Yes, I have made my mind up and I plan on going to Thailand to have the surgery done. I figure I’ll do it after the concert we have been asked to do there.” Regina has been thinking about everything since she decided to become Sporty Spice full-time.

“Have you spoken to Melanie about your decision and what she thinks?” Emma knew Reggie and Melanie had a brother-sister relationship as she did with Emma Bunton.

Except it was a big sister, little sister relationship she had with her idol. She tried to spend as much time as she could with her idol when their schedules allowed. She knew the other girls in their group tried to build a relationship with their idols as well.

Reggie/Regina had a rough relationship with Melanie, but they managed to work things out. Melanie wasn’t the sportiest person and Reggie was. Also, Melanie wasn’t the easiest person to get ahold of. However, when she called and Regina managed to spend time with her. They had fun.

“Yes, I have and she wanted to make certain I was sure as well. I got her blessing to look like her, but I’m going to make some changes, so I’m me as well.” Regina didn’t want to make the same mistake that Emma has at the time.

“That’s smart. You won’t believe the problems I sometimes have.” Emma has run into some problems with the paparazzi stocking her.

Emma runs side by side with Regina as they continued down the road. After the fashion in New York. She went back over some of her designs and changed things up. She showed them to her instructor and she pointed out where she made the mistakes at.

When she showed the new designs or corrections to her teacher, she liked them. As for the men’s line, she got several orders from companies that liked her design. There was a company in California that liked her design. There was another designer that asked if she could use her designs to help women who were transitioning from female to male.

Sometimes normal male-designed clothes didn’t fit women who had more curvy bodies. This designer took existing designs and modified them for those women. Emma said she didn’t mind letting that designer use her design.

“Speaking of problems, what did you decide to do about that nasty email you received?” Regina knew Emma got a weird email asking her to sell the sender her soiled panties.

“I politely sent them a not-in-a-chance email. I can’t believe someone would be so nasty to ask for my dirty underwear.” Emma couldn’t believe the email she received about that.

“You do know, it’s a big thing in Japan with young women. They sell their soiled panties online to people.”

“Well, this American girl isn’t going to do that. Plus, it gets expensive to replace any panties I sell.”

“That’s why you charge for them, silly.” Regina shakes her head as they jog back to the house.

A smirk appears on Regina’s face. They continue to jog back to the house. Once they arrive, they cool down and fix something to snack on.

“Are you going to be doing any more shows?” Regina looks at Emma for an answer.

“Yes, I’ve already got invitations for Milan fashion week from September 19th to September 25th.”

“Have you already checked with our booking agent about those dates?”

“Yep, and we have one show in Paris that week. The show is the next day on the 20th. So, I have to stick around until the end.”

“Are you still using the same company out of Boston to make your creation?” Regina knew Emma hired a manufacturing company out of Boston.

“Yes, because they did such a nice job last time. Also, since the show isn’t until September, we can hire either the same models as last time or some new ones.”

“Why don’t you use the same companies the other brands do? It’s cheaper and you’ll be using the same fabric as them?”

“Because nothing isn’t manufactured in the United States and the company in Boston has a good reputation. I don’t want my clothes done in a sweatshop or underpaid employees. Remember, I still have the Spice Girl name to maintain as well.” Emma wasn’t going to ruin their rep.

“True, I don’t think either the group or Mrs. Bunton would like their name smeared.” Regina drinks some juice she poured.

Emma enjoys the pieces of fruit she cut up and listens to the music playing in the kitchen. They had the radio set to a British station that played over the airwaves.

“I’m going to hop into the shower and get ready for a photo shoot I’m doing. You’re welcome to come along.” Regina had a photoshoot for a sports company was endorsing. She has already checked them out and approved how they were set up and their physical trainers as well.

“Sounds like fun. I’m game, I have nothing planned for today. Peter is at her doctor’s appointment and won’t be back anytime soon. The new girls are out shopping and having fun.” Emma hopes the new Scary Spice and Posh Spice aren’t getting into any trouble.

“Cool, I won’t be long in the shower.” Regina finishes her drink and afterward heads upstairs to the bathroom.

Emma finishes her fruit and puts her bowl in the dishwasher. Afterward, she heads upstairs to her bedroom and takes her exercise leotard off.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting help

Samantha Heart's picture

I'm glad Emma consulted her instructor on her designs & got some good feed back. When Emma showed the redesign it was much better!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.