A bright boy in the Feminine Queendom Part 5

Printer-friendly version

A bright boy in the Feminine Queendom Part 5

This story is set after the events that happened in the final Chapter of Beverly Taff's The Feminine Queendom 90
She kindly gave her permission for me to post this.

The UQ had not executed a woman for many years. That fate was usually only reserved for men. Wilson was found guilty on all counts, but the sentence was held back waiting for psychiatric reports. Even some of the men thought living as a one handed paraplegic, was a better punishment than death. Other's wanted her executed to symbolically mark the end of extreme femininsta rule.

The Queen knew she could not hold out on having an election forever. The trail of the Prime Minister was shorter, as it just involved treason. Some of the evidence used against General Wilson specifically implicated the Prime Minister. She was sentenced to twenty years in prison.

The interim government was made up of titled ladies the Queen trusted. She had Victoria advise her who to choose. Victoria had gone to school with many of their daughters. She knew which girls had mothers that lent towards the extreme. The new parliament agreed to universal suffrage. Partially through guilt and in no small part financial.

With Charlie's agreement, Australia had offered to provide a small craft based on Dawn 2's design. Only if a fair election was held in the UQ. The craft was to have a crew consisting of an equal amount of men and women. The command codes to the ship were to be known only to Charlie. He would not allow to be used for anything but peaceful purposes. He could deactivate it remotely.

All men had identity cards, but contacting each one to confirm their status would take time. It was acknowledged that many men had "gone underground" to avoid last governments harsh legislation. There was still a curfew on men in certain areas. The Queen knew removing it completely would alienate some women. Police were under instructions not to taser anyone breaking the curfew, just bring them in for questioning.

After years of mistreatment, men were skeptical of the changes. Many believe that it was a plot to capture the ones that lived avoiding women altogether. The Queen had her work cut out removing extremist from the media as well as FBC, the Feminist Broadcasting Corporation. She had to reach out to men to encourage them to vote or the country would revert to feminist rule.

Queen Sophia was trying to find moderate women and possibly men to form a new party to campaign for a fair and equal society. She contacted Charlie and asked if he would agree to run for election. Charlie told her he had had enough of the old country. He would help where he could, but politics was not something he wished to be involved in.

"Sorry ma-am, but what with the new mining base we are setting up on Mars, and spending time building engines, I wouldn't have time, even if I had the inclination."

"Thank you anyway Charlie, your offer of a craft helped me push through some legislation I was having problems with. I just hope it is all worthwhile."

"I haven't got the patience for political wrangling. Australia has changed a lot in the last few years. Feminista culture wasn't as embedded as the UQ. Most of the sensible people who didn't agree with it just moved to the outback and carried on as normal. The UQ doesn't have an outback, so anyone with an XY chromosome was stuffed."

The Queen knew his hurt would never be healed. She could sense his bitterness.

"You've done great things Charlie, you made Australia a better place for the men, and hopefully UQ will be too soon. You have taken human kind to the stars. I should probably knight you. That would be a first. We don’t have any men with OBE's"

"Sir Charles of Mars, Lord Phobos, it does have a ring to it." He chuckled.

The Queen asked for one more favor before the call ended. Then she promised Charlie that the new men's rights bill would get through at the next sitting.

Peter was on the internet as usual, while his mother watched television. Peter wasn't too interested in TV, as it was all programs made by women, for women. Some of the early changes allowed men to have fully functional phones, have full access to computers, and drive cars the same as women. Most men could not afford the expensive cars women drove though, as they were still all paid far less than women.

"Peter! Quick there's something on FBC you may want to see."

He reluctantly got up and went to the living room.

The talk show host Helen Taylor was introducing her guest.

"Tonight we have an exclusive interview with the wife?"

She turned to her guest.

"Do you actually use that word? Of the supposed inventor of the gravity drive, Charlie Sage."

"Thank you Helen, yes I do use that word. For thousands of years many women were happy to be a wives."

"It just seems a little Patriarchal. I can't imagine what's that's like. Do you actually sleep with him?"

Chloe laughed.

"You make it sound unnatural. This is still what most of the world does. It's only the feminist countries that don't."

"Aren't you worried about your safety, I mean living with a MAN."

Chloe shook her head in wonder. She had forgotten how ingrained fear of men was in the UQ.

"Let me tell you something. That "man" is the father of my children. Charlotte, Michael, Jessica and Lucy. He's a wonderful Dad. That's something I realised when we first had Charlotte, how much I missed out on not having a father. "

Helen paused, it was not something she had ever thought about. Chloe continued.

"Also, that "Man" as you call him, has risked his life to protect me and my children. He would die for us. This is what good men will do. I can tell you, when we're in bed together at night, and he wraps his big strong arms around me. I feel safer than I have ever felt in my life. Being so close with a man that loves you, and would die to protect you, melts you inside, you can't believe how good it feels . It's something the feminists have denied you all for years."

Helen licked her lips and bit her bottom lip. She was obviously thinking about what Chloe had said. Several of the studio audience shifted in their seats.

"I understand you have a video of the children you have had with Charlie."

Chloe smiled, Charlie now, not that "man".

The video showed Charlie playing horse with his children. They took turns riding him while the others were throwing pillows at his backside, shouting, "faster horsey". Charlie fell over playing dead. All the children were poking him saying "wake up daddy". Then suddenly he jumped up on all fours and growled like a dog. The children screamed, laughed and ran off with Charlie chasing them and barking like a dog.

Helen was in a fit of giggles, and so were half the audience.

"I'm sorry Chloe. Your children and your husband look wonderful. It's just we were all told that Charlie stole a prototype gravity engine from Anston Aerospace, and kidnapped you. Apparently that's far from the truth."

"No we left together. If not he would have been feminized or dead. This country and the other feminist countries have been wasting half of the talent of their population for years. You don't educate boys passed fourteen, then you call them ignorant. That's true ignorance and prejudice. How many geniuses have we wasted? They have to hide their intellectual gifts, or they are castrated."

Helen looked thoughtful.

"Yes, there have been a lot of things that have made us all question ourselves lately. Thank you for coming on my show."

Chloe had one more thing to say. She agreed the points she wanted to get across with the Queen who had set up the interview.

"Thanks Helen. Before I go, I just wanted to tell you when my life, my children's lives and Charlie's life has been in danger. It has always been women trying to kidnap or kill us. So please get rid of the idea that all women are saints and all men are monsters. If anyone tries to hurt my children or my man, they will have to deal with me!"

She stared into the camera with fierce eyes.

Mel jumped out of her seat and got closer to the television.

"You tell em girl! Now that's a real woman. Prepared to defend her children and her man."

Peter hoped most of the country saw the interview. He knew his mal friend would make sure it was on social media.

"Come and have a look at the news on the internet mum. They might pass a new act through tomorrow. It's a men's right bill. It's called the MR reforms bill."

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Continuation.

That's an excellent continuation Leeanna for it adds a distinctly plausible outcome.

I enjoyed it,
thanks,
Bev.

bev_1.jpg

From a different persepctive

BarbieLee's picture

Leeana has managed to capture my attention back to a story told by Beverly I thought was finished. She has refocused the story from Charley to basically the revolution going on in the UQ empire. And..., tie it in where it doesn't seem like a completely different offshoot.
Nicely done Leeanna
Barb
Life is a gift, don't waste it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Thank you ladies. I will try

leeanna19's picture

Thank you ladies. I will try not to lean on Beverly's wonderful charaters too much, but I needed a reason to get the UQ to change. Money is a powerful lever. The UQ will have to show it's moving in the right direction before it's most famous son allows it to have even a small share in the wealth of the solar system. With Charlie in conrol of any space craft Australia provide, they need to stay on course.

Where I wrote " human kind to the stars", I know Beverly explained the gravity engine worked in the solar system. My youngest son recently got into astronomy.. He has pointed out what I thought wers stars were actually Jupiter and saturn. It is amazing seeing them through a telescope.

I will try to bring some new UQ characters in the next chapter. I don't want to interfere with Beverly's main characters ( Oh er! Matron! sorry showing my age). Beverly may want to write "Captain Sage of the space core" at a later date. I'd read it.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Keep ‘em coming!

Enjoying your (soon to be) post feminista tale.
Stay safe!