Package Delivery – 2 The Day Continued

Printer-friendly version


Package Delivery – 2
The Day Continued



By Jessica C


The first chapter of Package Delivery was posted in February 2020.


=^_^=


It wasn’t until thirty minutes later when we arrived at The Gallery that I realized we came to a place my mother loved. It is a fashion gallery with wine and teas, finger foods bread and cheese, small sandwiches, and quiche pastries. We’re to look at some of the clothes being modeled as we sit, partake of the appetizers, and watch. Then it was time to shop.

Mom said, “Welcome to a side of this world that I’m sure you didn’t dream of.”

A girl named Sofia soon introduced herself to me as we walked around The Gallery. “I’m thankful your mother called mine. She doesn’t usually allow me to come to these events. Don’t worry, we’re not the only boys who come here at one time or another.” I took a step back and it was only then I recognized the Sofia version of Sam Wieks.

Sofia says, “I hear you’re calling yourself Shelby. You should allow me or your sister to show you where the clothes are that you’re more likely to be interested in.”

I turned and called to Angie, “Angie, I’m not expecting mom to buy me any clothes, but where’s what interests us.” Angie smiles as she takes and leads me to another section.

“One,” she says, “we should ask for cutlets more appropriate to your size. You see this bra would be more appropriate for you. Maybe you can keep those forms as a dream goal for the woman you want to be. I think your friend Sofia might already have the wrong idea and see you as a play toy.” Angie showed me some pink lace bras with ‘B’ cups. Even the padded bra could use a cutlet to fill it out.

The saleswoman, Ms. Carr, watches us closely. Angie says, “She’s buying one or two but…” The cutlets are packaged and Angie helps show me how to push my flesh where it might be visible. I chose a pink lace panty and bra and got a set of three panties and a white bra. Angie held up a spaghetti-strapped top with a nylon panty for a nightie. Once I agreed it was nice she asked me to pick out the ones I wanted.

“Ugh, I do not want a nightie.”

Angie quickly retorts, “You might be a little embarrassed that we’ll know, but you can’t convince me that you don’t want them.” She grabbed a pretty skirt that I had looked at and a printed blouse that could go with it. Angie says, “Go into the changing area and try these on.”

“I can’t go in there?”

“There’s no separate area for girly boys. I can escort you if that would make you more feel comfortable.”

Darlene spoke up from behind me, “Shelby if you’re to grow up to be a young woman. You are going to need some outfits for yourself. You can’t go on breaking into your sister’s wardrobe.”

“I didn’t say, I’ve been doing that.”

Darla says, “Don’t argue over moot points. Today wasn’t the first and it won’t be the last.” Darla handed Lea to Angie and escorted me to a changing booth. She handed me the outfit as well as a skater dress that she was carrying. Try them both, but come out showing how each looks on you.”

I am a willing participant as I reach the changing rooms and find a vacant one. Here I am, undressing as a girl, it is almost as exciting as trying on new clothes. It felt good not having to rush to quickly take them off and hide them. My mother, Angie, and even my neighbor Darla knew and were helping me. I hadn’t ever imagined this would happen.

I heard the voices of others in the changing rooms, but I was scared as I did not look like Russell.

It was the skater dress that I tried on first. Zipping up the back wasn’t easy, but manageable. I had practice putting on a dress of Angie’s that was tighter; it had pulled from the sides. While the skater is snug and should look good on me, the zipper and the hook at the top are easy enough. I step out and go show Darla and my sister how I look and ask their opinions.

Angie is the first to say, “It looks very pretty on you Shelby. It would be good for you to quietly go and change into your other outfit.” I look at her, making a face. I look at Darla and she smiles, “It is very nice. I’d like you to go back and try on the skirt outfit you chose.”

I knew where the three-sided mirror was and I turned to go there. There I see Beth Long looking at herself in a pair of designer jeans. Two friends are with her and all three as well as I see how nicely she fits into the jeans. Beth finally looks and sees that I’m waiting to use the mirror.

The four of us get into a conversation and none recognize me. Beth and I each compliment the other on each other’s selection. Tonya one of her friends asks, “I saw you talking to Angie Short, do you know her?

“We’re friends of sorts,” I answer.

Tonya said, “You look similar, but I don’t think she has a sister.”

I stepped back into the changing area without commenting to Tonya.

I raised the skirt that Darlene had picked out and noticed it was short. It and the printed blouse would look good together. But I called out to Darlene, ”Is there a skirt that is at least 3” longer.”

Darla with a cheery voice said, “When you come out modeling that one we can look for another one that you might like better.”

I love how it looks and makes a sharp outfit, but I’d be hesitant to bend much to pick something up, say a purse. I step out and Mom and Angie are both there with Darla. Next to them are Beth, Tonya, and Rose. Beth is the first to speak, “You left school saying you were getting sick. Well, you look quite well. We’ve already promised not to tell until you are willing to come out.”

Mom says, “You look quite smart in that outfit, but it appears you’re at a loss for words. I think your secret is getting out.”

Beth suggested, “After you get some more clothes; it would be good for you to come with us your three new friends.”

I said, “We already know each other.”

Rose finally spoke, “We know Russell, but we don’t know you, Shelby. It would be good for you to have some friends. It seems fate has brought us together.”

Mom said, “Shelby should be famished. She has only snacked here. If you’re open to going to eat; Shelby will treat you.”

Tonya takes me by the hand and is leading me to other clothes. When I asked what we were doing, she said, “I thought you were looking for another skirt to go with that top. I saw a nice skirt, even a sweater top that could go with it.”

She knew where she was going, There were two skirts a blue and a pink print that I liked. The cream-colored sweaters that she pointed out could go with either. Tonya spoke to me, “You know I am impressed that you chose breast forms befitting an attractive girl.”

I began to say, “Well, I…” and stopped.

“The impressive thing is you’ve accepted what others said and changed,” Tonya said. “You’re probably fortunate that you got caught…” She paused, “But is this what you want?”

“Pinch me, go ahead and pinch me… Ouch!”

Tonya smiled, “I agree, this can’t be real… You should go and try these on and then we can go eat and become friends.”

The others found us on our way back to the changing rooms. The skirts we all two inches longer and came to just above my knees. Angie gave me two satin shell tops to go under the sweater. I was surprised that I liked the lime green shell to go under the sweater with the pink print skirt.

Mom said, “Well, you’ve done well on your first shopping spree. Now it is time for you to go out and enjoy your time with old friends, become new.” Mom took me aside, “It looks good, but if anything goes wrong know that you can call. I’m not expecting anything to, but I never want you to feel alone again.” We hugged and I went with Beth and the others as they checked out.

We went to the Spanish Hacienda on the highway to eat. After we ordered a pitcher of diet cola and our meals, Beth, Rose, and Tonya got up, Tonya turned and asked, “Aren’t you going to go with us to wash up?”

I am sure I blushed a little, but then picked up my purse and followed them to the women’s restroom. While I figured out how to handle things in the toilet, coming back to the sink, I was hesitant.

Rose suggested I check my purse. There was my lip gloss, makeup, and a small styling brush. It was Tonya who figured out my fear. “You’re not sure of yourself, are you? …You should be able to manage your lips. Let me help you with your hair and mascara.”

That’s what we did and the dinner and conversation couldn’t have been better. It was agreed that I wouldn’t come out the next day as Shelby. Their suggestion was within ten days. I took a deep breath and agreed. With four meals, drinks, taxes, and the tip it was over seventy dollars. This caused me to think about what today had cost my mom and how I was going to repay her.

It was 9:30 p.m. when Beth took me home. She had already taken Rose home. I was surprised when we arrived at my house, she switched off her car. Beth and Tonya walked me to the house and wanted to say goodbye to my mom and sister.

While I was surprised, neither Mom nor Angie was surprised that the girls came in. Mom greeted us, “It looks like you’ve become good friends.”

Tonya said, “I am awestruck by Shelby. I can’t wait until she comes out and blossoms.”

Beth replied, “My guess is the first shock waves will be here. We’ll look forward to being friends when she comes out in public and school…”

=^_^=


Mom said, “Yes, we’ll need a few days for the shock to settle in here. I wasn’t expecting to come home and find I had a grown daughter.”

“You didn’t have any inkling to this side of Russ,” Tonya asked.

Mom said, “I had hoped he had or would outgrow it. Inkling, yes, but to be called home to discover he ordered a package of breast forms. No, that was a total surprise. I think it was a help to us all that the delivery person aroused Darlene’s care about what was happening.”

Beth said, “But the way you reacted tonight it was as though you’ve accepted it?”

“She, he’s,” my mother tried saying, “She’s family, what’s not to accept? …But that he/she kept it from me, us. Yes, that’s a shock that needs to be dealt with.”

Angie tried not to giggle, “To think I’m twenty and I come home to discover I have a sister. And then things unfold and he/she already has you accepting her as a girlfriend… Didn’t that surprise you?”

It was after 10:30 when Beth and Tonya left. Mom said, “We’ll talk in the morning and more after we're home after I work.” Mom paused, “There are no more surprises that we should be expecting tomorrow?” We hugged and Angie and I went upstairs to our rooms.

Angie said, “After you undress and put on a robe I will help you with your makeup. After your shower and you put on your nightie I will show you how to care for your skin.”

I’ll thank you for the help with the makeup,” I said, “but moisturizing my skin and wearing a nightie, no thanks.”

Angie said, “I understand, you’re going to school tomorrow as Russ, but Mom and I already bought you the nightie and accepted all that happened today. You’re not whisking Shelby away tonight…”

Story to be continued…

Please leave comments as well as kudos.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Package delivery part 2

It is nice that Russ's mom and sister accepted Shelby and was accepted by his female class mates

Accepting the desire

Jamie Lee's picture

Russ has wanted what he's now doing for some time. Except he never had the courage to do it openly, until the package came.

Now he's being pushed to be open about it, there are still times when he balks. Russ' biggest hurdle will be coming out at school, where Shelby will draw all sorts of attention.

Maybe with her friends, when Shelby comes out at school, some of the nasty things that might happen can be mitigated.

Others have feelings too.