Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

Wednesday, 8:00 pm, Golden Tiger Temple:
Thomas stood outside, waiting for Morgana to showed up. He spots the van she owned pulling into the parking lot. A smile appears on his face as he watches her park in the handicap parking space.

Morgana notices Thomas standing and waiting on her. This is the first time since the accident that she has been on a date. She does notice he was dress very handsomely. A smile appears on her face as she parks her van and exit from the van. It had been set-up for her to get in and out in her wheelchair.

A big smile appears on Thomas’s face as he watches Morgana exit from her van. He walks over to her “you look really beautiful.”

Morgana blushes from the compliment. She rolls forward towards him “you look handsome as well. Shall we go inside?”

“Let’s.” Thomas follows behind Morgana, just in case she needed his help.

When they walk into the restaurant, they are met by the hostess. She was a nice young-looking Japanese girl. She looked to be in her late twenties and was wearing an oriental design dress.

“How many in your party?” Yui looks at the young lady in the wheelchair.

She notices the young man behind her. He was handsome and had nice eyes.

“Just the two of us.” Thomas puts a smile on his face.

“This way please.” Yui escorts Thomas and Morgana over to a nice table.

Thomas and Morgana follow Yui over to a nice table. Morgana looks at the place as they are led to their table. She loved how it was designed.

“Here you go. Your waitress will be with you in a minute.”

“Thank you.” Thomas moves a chair aside for Morgana.

Morgana looks at Thomas “so, do you normally ask your boss out for dinner?”

Thomas smiles at Morgana “normally no, but I couldn’t help it when I saw you. You just look so beautiful.”

A smirk appears on Morgana’s face “you don’t need to lay it on thick. I did agree to come on this date with you.”

“Maybe I am laying it on a little thick, but remember I mean what I say.” Thomas just looks at Morgana with a smile on his face.

Their waitress comes over and takes their order. Thomas listens while Morgana orders first. Afterward, he places his order. When their waitress walks off.

“So, tell me a little about yourself.” Morgana had read Thomas’s personnel file and saw he had three jobs before the one he had now.

He had worked in auto parts, at a warehouse and the last job he had was at a temp company. It was the same temp company they got some of their employees from. According to Thomas records, he was a Female to Male transman. She didn’t mind, because Terry from Anika’s team was a female to a male transman.

“What would you like to know?” Thomas was still smiling at Morgana.

“Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself. Like what was your home life like?” Morgana wanted to know more then what was in Thomas's employee’s files.

“Well, since you insist. I come from a family of six. I have two older sisters and two younger brothers. I’m the middle child and have always known I was nothing like my sisters or my mother. I enjoyed working on cars with my male relatives, I enjoyed playing football and fought to be allowed to play on my high school football team.”

“Did they let you?” Morgana was curious.

“Nope, they said even though I was pretending to be a boy. The school wouldn’t allow me to play. I wasn’t allowed to take part in many of the sports in school if it was a male sport, all because I still had breasts and such. The school didn’t want to be held responsible, should something happen to me.” Thomas had been disappointed because he was a good football player.

“So, did you stay in school?”

“Yes, I stayed and graduated top of my class. However, I got the last word in on all the unfairness I faced. The speech I was asked to write and give tore into every homophobic belief the staff members had and the parents out in the audience.” Thomas remembers the shocked looks and such he had gotten from giving it.

“After High school, I went to a trade school to learn how to work on cars. I was good and the garage I had gotten a job at. The other mechanics didn’t like the fact that I was better than them and that I was a transman. I got into a fight with several of them when they tried to make me a girl.”

“Try to make you a girl?” Morgana wonders if that meant, what she thought it meant.

“Yep, they tried to make me a girl. I ended up putting them in the hospital and changing their religion.” Thomas takes a sip of his sweet tea.

“What did you do after that?” Morgana takes a sip of her tea.

“Worked freelance for a while and then managed to get a warehouse job. That job wasn’t too bad. They didn’t care what I had under my clothes or how I felt. However, their medical insurance wasn’t the best in the world. So, I applied for the janitorial job here at Camelot.”

Just before Morgana was going to ask a question, their waitress brings them their order. She watches as the waitress puts their order on the table. Once she walks off, Morgana looks at Thomas.

“So, what do you like about Camelot?” As Morgana opens her chopsticks.

“Well, I love the benefits package for the employees and the fact that I don’t have to leave the premises to grab something to eat. I also like
one of the owners as well.” Thomas smiles at Morgana.

Morgana just smiles as she takes a bite of her food.

Camelot, Gloria’s Workstation:
Gloria brought Aisha to the castle and showed her the room she will be staying in. Afterward, Gloria takes Aisha up to her work station.

“I’m jealous. I have never seen anything like this before.” Aisha stands back and just look at Gloria’s workstation.

Gloria didn’t have a normal desk chair at her station. It was more like a lounger, where you laid down on it. She could tell the lounger was made for gamers. Because there were controls on the armrest for the user and there were speakers up near the headrest.

“I’m glad you like it. Our chief engineer here, custom makes these loungers for all the owners. Each lounger is engineered so the user doesn’t have to do a thing.” Gloria liked their new loungers for their stations.

It had its own heating and cooling units built into them. She saw the next generation of loungers that Tinker was working on. It was a completely self-contained unit with holographic displays.

“Well, I would love to own one.” Aisha knew exactly where she would put it in her apartment.

“Can you show me some of Jester coding?” Gloria wanted to look at it.

“Sure, do you have a spare keyboard and such?” Aisha didn’t know if Gloria wanted her touching her unit.

“Go ahead and sit on my lounger and log in like you normally do.” Gloria pulls a chair over to her lounger.

“Okay.” Aisha lays down on the lounger and connects to the internet, through a secure line.

Gloria watches as Aisha uses her equipment. She could tell that Aisha was a little unsure of how her stationed worked but after a few minutes. Aisha managed to figure out how things were set up.

Aisha stumbles around Gloria’s workstation. She wasn't used to how things were set up. It takes her a few minutes to learn how things work, but she manages to log on and go directly to the portal she uses to login to work on the code. She logins and goes to the code she has been working on.

Aisha scans the game code and finds where Jester added a few things to the code. She highlights the code for Gloria “here you go, Gloria. Here’s Jester’s coding.”

“Throw it up on the big screen.” Gloria wanted a better view of it.

“Umm, how do you do that?” Aisha looks at Gloria with a confused look on her face.

“Sorry. Here, let me show you.” Gloria shows Aisha how to show what she was seeing on the big screens.

Aisha watches Gloria and notices what she was seeing duplicates on the big screen. Aisha points out Jester’s coding.

“See, right here. This is Jesters coding and this is mine. Here and here are Black Clown’s and Sparrow’s coding.”

Gloria looks at the coding. It was messy, but it worked. The code itself could be done in a different way. All her time on the internet, she has never seen anything so bad. She continues to read the code.

“Here’s what so strange.” Aisha brings up the code that has been stumping her.

Gloria watches as the code appears. Something about it seem familiar to her.

“What does this code do?” Gloria was curious.

“Don’t know. Every time I try to run it, I get kicked off or sent somewhere else in the game code.” Aisha had tried several times to see what the code was meant to do.

“Let’s see if I can figure this out.” Gloria trades places with Aisha.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Eeeek! A cliff hanger.

WillowD's picture

It may not be a cliff hanger to most people but I used to write programs for a living.

You are awesome, Lady Dragon. Thank you for all of these awesome stories.

looks like whatever Jester

looks like whatever Jester has been up to is about to be exposed.
or in Top Gun vernacular Jester's Dead

I am looking foward to

Samantha Heart's picture

See what happens in this code.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.