Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Tinker covers up a yawn as she rides beside Gloria. The two of them were checking out a new client. They had several warehouses that they wanted to network together and install a new server. Since Tinker was the main engineer at Camelot and Gloria was a member of the management team. They decided to take the contract. The contract was for a remodel and they were going to check the place out to see how much they needed to place their bid for the job.

Gloria was driving the new car that the company gave her. She glances at Tinker “too early for you?”

“Yes, I was up late last night playing online. There’s a gaming company that we might want to think about buying.” Tinker was informed by one of her friends online.

“Yeah, what’s the name of the company and what games do they make or made?” Gloria thinks it might be interesting to own a gaming company.

“The name of the gaming company is called Venture and some of the games they made or make are, Star Bunny, Hillington, Star Slammers, Saloon, Cowboys and Robots and their best one was Moonraker. It was a James Bond base first-person shooter. They had a license agreement with the company that owns the James Bond Franchise.”

“So, why are they selling the company?” Gloria was curious about why it was for sale.

“The owner was charged for tax evasion and the company sales have been down lately. I think we can do better with it. We transfer all the games to our quantum computers and hire some game designers to come and work for us. We have everything we need. We could even do a virtual reality gaming system.” Tinker thinks it would be a good cash cow for them.

“Send me the information and whatever else you have on the company. I think it would be something for us to look into.” Gloria was serious about looking into the gaming system.

After thirty minutes, they pull up to a company called Transverse Cargo Transport. Gloria and Tinker get out of Gloria’s car and head inside.

“Hello and welcome to Transverse Cargo Transport, how can I help you?” Brenda spots a strawberry blonde hair woman and dark brown hair woman come walking into the reception hall.

“Yes, I’m Gloria Lagana and this is my chief engineer Tinker were from Camelot Network Solutions. We’re here to see Mr. Langdon.” Gloria watches the young lady behind the reception desk. She had short dark hair and was dress in a pants suit.

“I’ll let him know you’re here Mrs. Lagana.” Brenda picks up the phone and calls Mr. Langdon office.

While Tinker and Gloria are waiting, Gloria looks at Tinker “so, how did you come up with your name?”

A smile appears on her face “since I was six years old, I had the bad habit of taking things apart. As I got older and kept taking things apart and putting them back together. My uncle gave me the name. So, I petition the court to legalize the name Tinker. That way I can legally use it, instead of the name my parents gave me.”

“That’s understandable. So, what is your birth name?” Gloria was curious.

A playful smile appears on her face “Tammy Ann Black. That’s why I go by Tinker.”

“Why don’t you like going by Tammy?” Gloria didn’t see anything wrong with that name.

“I just don’t. I would have changed it, but I was named after my great grandmother. So, instead, I go by Tinker.” Tinker never met her great grandmother.

After a few minutes, a tall black hair guy wearing a black business suit comes walking down a set of stairs that lead up to a second floor. Mr. Langdon looks over towards them as they sat.

As Mr. Langdon approached them, Gloria and Tinker stood up to greet him.

“Greetings ladies, it’s so nice to meet you. I’m Kevin Langdon, head of our IT department.” He holds his hand to shake Gloria’s.

Gloria shakes Kevin’s hand “it’s nice to meet you, Mr. Langdon. This is my chief engineer Tinker.”

Kevin looks at Tinker and wonder why only the one name. He doesn’t ask her, but he does shake her hand.

“If you’ll follow me, I’ll give you a tour of the server room and what we would like done.” Kevin gives Gloria and Tinker a tour of the place.

For the next hour-n-half, Gloria and Tinker are given a tour and details on what upgrades Mr. Langdon wanted. Mr. Langdon was wondering why Tinker was only taking notes on her cellphone.

“Is everything okay, Tinker?”

“Oh yes, I have a photographic memory.” Tinker looks at him with a teasing smile on her face.

She always surprised people with the fact that she could remember everything around her. It came in handy when she tore things apart and had to put them back together as she found them. It’s what made her such a good engineer. There wasn’t much she couldn’t do.

“Thank you for the tour, Mr. Langdon.” Gloria shakes his hand “You should have our bid for the job, in the next few days.”

“I look forward to it. I have enjoyed myself and your knowledge.” He looks towards Tinker when he says that.

Tinker just blushes as she walks back with Gloria to her car. The two of them get in and start driving back to Camelot.

“How many crews do you think we’ll need to have, working on the project?” Gloria was wondering what Tinker thought.

“Three, but we could get by with just two. One crew working on the server room and two crews working on the building. It’s going to take a
month to rewire the warehouses and get them set-up. As for the server room, we’ll need to set-up a temporary server, while we tear everything out and rebuild it. We could use a mobile unit or link their systems to our computers and give their IT director access to it.” Tinker was already thinking about the job.

“I think Morgana will want to keep everything here. So, that means a temp server.” Gloria figures they could do the job within two months.

“Well, if we do that. We’re looking at night shifts, three four men crews, about an hour drive from the castle. The high end, we could go $60,000 and low end we could go as low as $40,000- and two-months’ time frame.” Tinker had mentally added up everything

“Less submit a bid for $45,000.00 that will include a back-up generator and an off-site back-up to our main servers.” Gloria glances towards Tinker.

“Okay, how about the Venture gaming system?” Tinker looks towards Gloria.

“Get the details and send it to me, Morgana and Arthur. Just from what you told me, I think it would be worth looking into and buying.”

“Alright.” Tinker grabs her drink and takes a sip.

It was warm, but at least it was wet. She closes it and put it back in the cup holder. Afterward, she pulls her tablet out and transfers her notes from her cellphone to the tablet.

When they get back to Camelot, they head for the cafeteria and grab some lunch. Today the chef they hired outdid himself. He had made some sort of beef and noodle dish.

Tinker sits as her normal table and worked on gathering information about Venture Gaming System. She still couldn’t believe it was for sale. Once she has the information, she sends the info to Gloria, Morgana, and Arthur.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Expanding

Samantha Heart's picture

Seams like a good thing. I hpoe the game company works out for Camelot.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.