Desert Rose Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Alejandra sits at Detective Branston’s desk looking at the computer. He had left it on for her, while he went to lay down for a while. She was curious about the name of the person on the driver's license she has been using since she left her uncle’s junkyard.

She types in the name from the license and sees what Google finds on her. Several results appear and they show her as being missing. According to the information she found about the woman, who she was using the driver’s license. The woman was an exotic dancer and had gone missing several years ago.

According to the police report, the woman was leaving the club she worked at and never arrived home. Alejandra knew, the car she found the driver license in, had been in the yard for a while. According to the mechanics in the yard, the two-state troopers who Detective Branston was investigating. They were the ones responsible for the car being in the yard.

She continues to research the person’s whose identity she was assuming. It was a good thing the picture on the driver’s license card was like her. There were some differences, but they shared some of the same facial features. Also, the woman she was impersonating was older than her. She looks at the driver's license and was thankful, the picture was a little faded.

As for the person whose id she had. She wonders what happened to her. What did trooper Cuthbertson and trooper Heyde do to her? She leans back in the leather office chair. She knows Detective Branston is going to want to do surveillance on the two troopers before he arrests them.

She also wonders who the other girl was as well. Detective Branston had mentioned her, but she didn’t know much about her. She was tempted to go through Detective Branston’s notes, but she wouldn’t do that. He was trusting her to stay out of his police records and such. She closes her search history and heads into the kitchen to fix herself some ramen noodles.

After Alejandra finishes her noodles. She heads into the spare bedroom she has been sleeping in and set the alarm clock to wake her in a few hours. She told Detective Branston she would help him with the surveillance of the troopers. While she drifts off to sleep, she wonders if they will be at the diner, they like so much.

Later in The Evening:
Alejandra sits in the back of the conversion van and watches as the two-state troopers sat at their favorite spots inside the diner. They were so stupid sitting in a booth near a glass window. The cameras built into the conversion van were hidden. They got a clear view of the two troopers.

“We need to find Alejandra for Francisco. He has a buyer that wants her. I bet her new buyer will break her in every night.”

“I never thought Francisco would sell his own niece.”

“After she freed all the other immigrants he was holding. He wants to get something back. You know that greedy bastard. He’s even trying to increase his cut from us.” Cuthbertson was starting to plan on how to get rid of Francisco.

“We need him right now until we can find a replacement. His yard is a perfect place to get rid of the vehicles and bodies.” Heyde didn’t like it, but Francisco served a purpose.

“Yeah, we can’t leave them out in desert anymore. That Belka girl and that detective on the Indian reservation has ruined that for us.” Cuthbertson thought for sure, that they gave that Belka girl enough drug to kill her.

Cuthbertson knew Belka’s father wasn’t going to be happy that she was still alive. The thing was, he should have taken matters into his own
hands. He’ll have to come down here now to deal with his wife and daughter if they can find them.

“Can you believe they are responsible for killing people?” Alejandra looks towards Detective Branston.

“We need to find out who their victims were.” Branston looks towards Alejandra.

“If they were using my uncle’s junkyard to get rid of the bodies, that’s not going to be possible. Any car that goes to the compactor gets crushed and then shipped off to a steel mill to be melted down. There would be no trace of the body no more.” Alejandra remembers asking the guys where the crushed cars went.

“Well, that’s no help.” Branston and Alejandra just continued to watch and listen to the two troopers.

The Troopers stay for about an hour at the diner. The information that Alejandra had given Detective Branston about the one waitress that both troopers were interested in, turn out to be true. When the troopers leave the diner.

Detective Branston follows one of them. He watches as the trooper takes up a spot to monitor the traffic coming down the highway.

“So, what is the plan now? We know they are after me, because of my uncle and they don’t know where that Belka girl and her mother are.” Alejandra looks at Detective Branston.

“Let’s set a trap for them. How fast is your dune buggy?” Detective Branston looks back at Alejandra.

“Pretty fast. It won’t be able to outrun those police cruiser on the highway, but I can outrun them off-road.” Alejandra was pretty sure she could beat them off-road.

She knew those cruisers weren’t set up for off-road driving. She figures her dune buggy could outmaneuver the police cruisers.

“Let’s plan on setting the trap in the next few days.” Branston wanted to find the perfect place to spring the trap.

“Okay, I’ll go over my dune buggy and make sure it’s ready.” A playful smile appears on Alejandra’s face.

Branston smile as he turns the van around and head back to his place.

up
218 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This better

Samantha Heart's picture

Work. This trap they have planed had better work as planed.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.