Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 3: Chapter 03

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse, Book 3: “The Student, The Hacker, and The Soldier.”

Chapter Three: “Siberia, Tokyo, and Beyond.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

A week after arriving in Russia, Bob and Ed were finally able to make it, by bus, to the Siberian town, that Ed and Bob were heading too.

They had arrived in the town in the middle of the afternoon.

Unfortunately, the town was close to arctic circle, which meant, even in the last spring, it was still cold enough to wear winter clothing, including gloves, boots, hoods, and even masks, even they needed them.

Ed and Bob hopped the bus.

Bob carried his gym bag, by it's sling, on his right shoulder, with the bag hanging downwardly. Ed carried her backpack, on her back, by the right sling on her right shoulder.

Fortunately, while in Moscow, Ed was about to use her laptop computer to hack a bank account for debit cards that she had made for both Bob and herself. While in Moscow, they used these debit cards to buy some more supplies and clothing.

Bob wore a black and brown winter clothing, while Ed wore red and blue winter clothing.

Bob got some thick socks, and he wore the black boots that Reggie and B bought him on Mars.

Also, while at the clothing store, it took a few minutes for Bob to convince Ed that tennis shoes, without socks, were not going to cut it in the weather they were going to.

That frostbite was a real risk in that weather, and she needed to wearing something more protective on her feet.

Finally, Ed conceded that Bob was right and she bought some blue boots, with thick socks.

Bob had mentally noted, this was the first time that he knew of, where Ed was willing to wear socks, and boots.

Bob remembered that in the Cowboy Bebop series, Ed even had trouble walking while wearing shoes. But, he guess in the four years between the series and when he showed up in that reality, Ed was finally forced to start to wear shoes.

It took a few minutes for Ed to get use to walking in her new boots, but she was a quick learner. And soon after, they started their journey to Siberia.

Now, as they into the Siberian town, both of them looked around, as Ed lead Bob further into town, at a relaxed pace.

Both of them saw there were no many people walking the streets of the town, that afternoon.

Bob followed right behind Ed, as he stated, “Ed, I like you a lot. But, if you don't know where you are heading, I am going to be upset.”

Ed replied, “Ed already get directions, while you were asleep in bus. Ed promise she's knows where she is going. And that being place to train. Sis-sis said you need training. And Ed told men here could start the teaching.”

Bob inquired, “Who? And where in this town?”

Ed looked around, she then saw a large building, across the street from them. She came to a stop, as she turned towards the building.

Ed answered, “Ed told the men are in big building, is where we should go.”

Bob stopped, as he turned to see the large building.

They both saw that the building about a hundred yards away from them. The building was set far from the street, that they needed to cross.

Bob replied, “Okay. Lead the way.”

Given there was presently not traffic street between them and the large building, Ed and Bob walked across the street, towards the big building.

As they approached the building, they saw that the building itself was a large wooden building, with ventilation ducks that pumped heated air into the building, the heaters.

When they reached the large, single, front door to the building, Ed and Bob looked up, and they saw a sign above the door.

Ed stated, “The sign translates to, welcome.”

Bob asked, “You know russian?”

Ed replied, “Yes. I know many languages.”

Bob stated, “Good. Because, I don't. You are just going to have to do the talking.”

Ed commented, “I will, until I can teach you russian?”

Bob playfully replied, “I look forward to your lessons.”

Ed smiled, as she happily said, “Thank you.”

Bob tested the door and he found it to be unlocked, as he opened it.

Bob held open the door for Ed to walk through it, with Bob walking behind her. He then gently shut the door behind himself.

A few seconds later, after passing through a few rooms, and a hallway, both of them made it to the main section of the building.

Bob and Ed saw that the large room the had entered was gym.

Ed and Bob stood just inside the room, from the entrance, with Ed to Bob's left side.

Both Ed and Bob looked around the room, as Bob thought, 'This is a full gym. There is a place for the equipment for weight training, boxing. An open area with mats, which I guess is for practicing formal fighting styles. And the wrestling ring in the center of the room. I even see the doors in the back of the room, that likely lead to the hot water running showers, restroom, and office. One has to have hot water to help relax muscles, after training for the day. Especially here.'

'Also, this is much more comfortably warm in here, than in the cold weather, outside. And that is nice.'

'And I see there is a circular, analog clock, on the side of the far wall.'

Bob and Ed also only three other people in the room.

In the ring were two men that were sparing against each other. The two men were engaging in throwing and grappling moves, with each giving as good as they got.

One was a very large, fair skinned, russian man, whom looked to be all muscles. He had a mohawk of brown hair on top of his head. A brown, well groomed beard on his face. And he had a very brown hairy chest. He wore only a red speedo, red boots, and yellow cloth bands around his wrists, with red ends on both sides of each cloth band.

Bob thought, 'That giant of a man is clearly a wrestler. And I am not going to judge someone for the way he dresses. Though, he is clearly open with himself, about a few things. Though, I am sure not what. And I am not going to ask him on the matter. Now, who is he sparring with?'

Bob then turned his attention to the russian's opponent. The other man was an asian man. He was much smaller than his opponent. He was of averaged height for an asian man, with a good athletic physical build. He wore a t-shirt, and sweat pants.

As Bob took a closer look at t the asian man, he saw the man had black hair, and blue eyes. Bob recognized the man, as he thought, 'I am so happy Ed and I watched the Birdy Decode series, on our flight from Colorado to Moscow. Because, that is Nataru Shinmyou, from the Birdy Decode series.'

'Natsuru is an alien. A bio-engineered, Ixioran Altairian super-soldier to be exact. Though, he did not know that for most of his life. He also trained as a nurse, on Earth, in Tokyo, Japan... Another Tokyo connection... Interesting...'

Though, moving on. Natsuru has super-human strength and speed. Also, he can travel in time and space. I wonder if that extends to the multiverse. Though, I am pretty sure he is local. If he had the abilities to travel the multiverse, he would likely be somewhere else. So, he is native to this reality. Which only confirms that aliens exist in this reality.'

'He is likely in hiding here, while learning more about controlling his more physical abilities.'

'Along with this, given that he has black hair and blue eyes again, instead of white hair and red eyes, I am willing to guess that he gotten better. Or, he got help with the problem with his powers. As such, he is likely healthy again.'

'It is obvious that Nataru is going easy on this Russia. The russian must be his teacher. It makes sense he would search for someone to teach him. But, I think it is best we do not tip our hand, any of them, on the information we may know about them.'

Bob whispered, “Ed, if you recognize anyone, keep it to yourself.”

Ed replied, “Sure, Bob.”

Bob said, “Thanks.” He thought, 'I guess this also means that Birdy and her Federation, exist here as well. I guess hoping for the Star Trek Federation was too much. Oh, well.'

Bob and Ed then noticed a third man, whom was sitting in a chair against, one of the walls. He was a fair skinned, russian in a black shirt, black pants, and black boots. He had brown hair, and an old, healed scar across his face, along the bridge of his nose. Though, the scar missed his eyes.

The man took a drink from his open bottle of Vodka. He then set the bottle down at a small table beside him.

As the two men in the ring sparred, the brown haired man in the chair yelled something in russian.

While sparing, the russian in the ring shouted something back in russian.

Ed translated, “The brown haired man in the chair said. Nataru, there is a hole in the right side of your defense. The guy in red complimented the brown haired man for his good eyes.”

Bob thought, 'Nice confirmation on that it is Nataru. Also, Nataru prefers to be a nice person. So, I figure we are fine as long as we do not tip off that we know who he is.'

The two men on the ring then noticed Bob and Ed. A second later, they suddenly stopped sparring.

The russian in the speedo said something to the asian man, with the asian man simply nodding in response.

The large russian then exited the wrestling ring, and walked towards Bob and Ed.

The russian man then came to a stop, five feet in front of Ed and Bob.

As the large russian stood in front of them, both Ed and Bob were forced to look up at him.

Bob silently prayed, 'Please lord. Let this walking giant have a nice personality.'

The russian looked down at them, and spoke something in russian.

Ed replied, in russian.

Ed turned to Bob, as she stated, in english, “He asked who we are? I said we were potential customers.”

The russian the spoke english, in a thick russian accent, “We know english, in his gym?”

Bob asked, “You all known english?”

From within the wrestling ring, the asian man answered, with japanese accent, “Yes.”

The brown haired russian, sitting in a chair by the wall, replied, in a russian accent, “Of course.”

Ed turned to the large man in front of her and Bob. She greeted, “Good. Hello. I am Ed.”

Bob said, “Hello. I am, Bob.” Bob thought, 'Given she is using, I. That means she is serious about this conversation.'

The large russian answered, “I am Zangief. Professional wrestler and fighter. This is my training hall. The asian up there is Nataru.”

Nataru waved, as he said, “Hello Ed. Hello Bob.”

Bob and Ed waved to him.

Ed said, “Hello.”

Bob said, “Nice to meet you.”

A few seconds later, Bob and Ed stopped waving, as they turned their attention back to Zangief.

Zangief turned towards the russian man, sitting in the chair, across the room, as he said, “The man over there is just a someone whom I met and got to know, whom helped me out a few months ago.”

The brown haired man shrugged, towards Ed and Bob.

Bob look at the brown haired man, as he thought, 'I know better than to dig into someone else's past. Though, with that scar, he does look familiar. I just cannot place him. Still, I will worry about who he is, later.' He then turned back to look up at Zangief's face.

Zangief turned to look down at Ed and Bob, as he said, “Now, the little lady here said that you were potential customers?”

Bob looked over to Ed. Ed noticed Bob had turned to look at Ed. She turned to look at Bob. She said, “Let's me handle this.”

Bob complimented, “You are doing a fine job, so far.”

Ed smiled at Bob. Both Ed and Bob then turned back, to look up at Zangief's face.

Ed answered, “Actually, it is Bob who is the customer. I am the brains. But, we need him to be the muscle. That is why we came to you, Zangief.”

Zangief laughed for a few seconds. He then turned to Bob, as he said, “I like her. Few woman are so straight forward.”

Bob smiled, as commented, “I know. She is one of a kind.”

Zangief turned his head to look at both of them, as he commented, “Now, as to the matter of payment?”

Ed set took her her backpack, and she gently set her backpack on the floor in front of her. She then opened the top of her bag, and pulled out her laptop computer.

Next, she sat down, as she set her laptop down on the floor, with her. After which, she opened her laptop, and began typing on it, to log into the internet.

Bob thought, 'I do not know how she gets internet access, this far out, in the boonies. But, she can. She is a genius. That is all I need to know on the matter.'

While continued to look at her computer screen, she asked, “Do you have a bank account number we can use?”

Zangief answered, “Yes.”

Ed inquired, “Is fifty thousand okay for the lessons? We understand that you have other students. And we are more than willing to schedule around them.”

Zangief stated, “That will be fine.”

Zangief gave Ed the number and Ed made the transaction. A few seconds later, she closed her laptop, put in his backpack. She then stood up, and slung her backpack over her shoulder.

Ed looked up at Zangief, as she said, “I am willing to wait till you have confirmed the payment.”

Zangief responded, “No problem. I believe you.” He looked over at Bob, with a wicked grin, as he stated, “Your training starts tomorrow morning. Tomorrow, you're mine.”

Nataru and the brown haired russian laughed at Zangief's comment.

Bob didn't even raise an eyebrow, as he looked at Zangief's face. He inquired, “I look forward to it. By the way, it there a decent hotel, and nice places to eat in town?”

Zangief answered, “Yes.” He then gave them directions to a good hotel and some great restaurants to eat at, along with a decent grocery store in town.

When Zangief finished with his explanation, Bob asked, “Thank you. What time do you want me to show up?”

Zangief said, “I am not that formal. Some time in the morning, with be fine.”

Bob stated, “Okay. And thank you, again, Zangief. I looked forward to learning from you, tomorrow.”

Zangief said, “I will see you, then.”

Bob and Ed then walked out of the building.

Meanwhile, Zangief went back to sparring with Nataru, in his wrestling ring, while the brown haired man, sitting in the chair, watched, and a made a few comments.

(_)

When Ed and Bob reached the outside of the building, they continued walking, as Bob turned his head towards Ed. He said, “Thank you, Ed. I think Zangief will be a good teacher.”

Ed looked back at him, as she commented, “No problem. Now, let's find that hotel, and then get something to eat.”

Bob replied, “I could not agree more with you.”

Soon after, they reached the nearby hotel that Zangief had recommend. Ed used her debit card to check both herself, and Bob a two bed suite, they agreed to share, together, without doing anything foolish.

They soon dropped off their gym bag and backpack, in the hotel room. Ed and Bob check to make sure that the bathroom fixtures worked. And that they had hot running water. Also, Bob checked to make sure the alarm clock on the nightstand, between their beds worked.

Along with this, they found their suite to be fully stocked with clean towels, soap, and toiletries. They also found the bed sheets, and the suite itself, to be clean.

And they found the beds and pillows to be comfortable.

Also, there was a table in the back of the room, near the large, draped window. The table had two wooden chair set across from each other. And there was a chest of drawers across from the beds. Though, no TV.

Though, Ed commented, that with her electronic skills, she could use their laptops, to watch TV, or surf internet, on their laptops.

Bob complimented Ed for her skills. With Ed happy accepted Bob's compliment.

They then left their suite, while making sure the door locked, behind them.

Once they found their hotel door was secure, they went to get something to eat at a local restaurant that Zangief had mentioned.

When they reached the restaurant, they each had good meal, of russian food. With Ed using her debit card to pay for the meal.

The two of them spend the rest of the day together. Until, they retired to their beds, in their hotel room, for the night.

(_)

The next morning, both Bob and Ed had awoke up, in their separate beds, from sleeping. And that was all the did that night, in their beds.

After they finished getting ready for the day, they dressed in their winter clothing.

They then left the hotel to have some breakfast, at a local restaurant.

They then returned to the hotel, with Ed stating that she wanted to start searching online to order parts for reality device she was working on.

Bob left Ed in their hotel suite, as he headed to Zangief's gym, to being his training.

It was mid-morning by the time Bob reached Zangief's gym, and walked inside.

As Bob walked into the main room of the gym, he saw Nataru spotting for Zangief at a bench-press, with Zangief bench pressing several hundred pounds on the barbell.

Zangief was only his his speedo, and red boots, while Nataru was wearing heavy cloth green tracksuit, with black boots.

Nearby, Bob also noticed the brown haired man was exercising on some mat, alone. He wore a brown heavy cloth tracksuit doing exercises, and black boots.

The brown haired man stopped what he was doing, as looked at Bob.

Bob nodded towards, as he asked, “Is there anything I can do for you?”

The brown haired man replied, “No.”

Bob thought, 'Oh well. I might as well ask.' He inquired, “By the way, what is your story.?”

The man coyly replied, “I am a man left stranded in a familiar land.”

Bob thought, 'I better let the matter drop. Besides, I have more important things to be concerned with. Like my training.'

Bob turned to face Zangief and Nataru, as he walked over to meet them, in the section of the room with the exercise equipment.

Bob stopped ten feet from them, as he silently stood and watched Zangief exercise.

Bob looked at them, as he thought, 'I can tell they see me. But, they are to busy at the moment to acknowledge my presence. That is okay. I got in late this morning, anyway. I will come in earlier, in the morning.'

After a few more reps, Zangief set the barbell down, on its holders, above himself.

While still laying on the bench, Zangief moved out from under the barbell, and he leaned up from the bench, to face Bob.

Nataru also turned to look at Bob.

Zangief stood up. He then said, “Ah, good, Bob. You are here. Now, we can start your training.”

Bob said, “I am ready, when you are.”

Zangief stated, “Good. As soon as we get you a tracksuit. And the rest of us get ready. The four of us will be training today. Follow me.”

Zangief began heading to the back of the gym, with Bob following behind him.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, everyone had was ready, Zangief lead his team on a morning job.

They had already jogged nearly a kilometer, to make it to the outer edge of the town.

While they continued to jog, Zangief took lead, followed by Nataru, the brown haired man, and Bob being last.

All for of them were in heavy cloth tracksuits. Nataru and the brown haired man were wearing the same tracksuits as before, while Zangief was wearing a red tracksuit. And Bob was wearing a blue tracksuit, with his black boots.

As they jogged, Zangief stated, “We will be jogging six kilometers this morning, in a loop around town. I hope you are up for it, Bob. But, don't worry. I understand you are new at this. If you collapse, I will carry you.”

Bob was already starting breath heavily, as he thought, 'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, after all. But, I am not going to complain about this in front of these men.'

Over hour later, they made it back to Zangief's gym.

As they walked into the main room, Bob was breathing heavily, but he was happy to be standing.

Bob had noticed that none of the other men were even showing any signed of tireness.

Nataru turned to Bob asked, in concerned, “Bob, are you alright?”

Bob turned to Nataru. Between breaths, he responded, “Thank you for asking, Nataru. Just give me ten minutes, to catch my breath, and I will be fine.”

Zangief complimented, “Not bad for a first time.” He turned to Nataru, as he said, “Nataru, we will start you weight training.” He looked over at Bob, as he commented, “And in fifteen minutes, Bob, I will starting working with you. There is fresh water in a cool in the corner of the room. With clean cup by it. Have some water, if you need it.”

Bob said, “Thank. And I will be fine, by then.”

Zangief replied, “Good.”

Zangief and Nataru turned and then headed for the exercise equipment section of the room.

The brown haired man, whom had stayed silent during the entire discussion, also headed over to the exercise equipment, to work out with some of the small, russian kettlebell weights.

Meanwhile, Bob was getting his second wind, has he headed over, to the water cooler, to get something to drink, as a way to help him recover faster.

(_)

Ten minutes later, Bob had recovered, and it was his turn to work with Zangief, on exercise equipment.

Zangief then spent the few minutes with Bob, at the benchpress, as they found the proper weights, that Bob could use on the barbell, without harming himself.

As Zangief taught Bob, as he spotting for the younger man.

To Bob's delight, he found that he was already strong enough to to start with the two twenty-five pound weights, on a barbell, while laying on the benchpress.

Bob silently thanked, 'Thank you Rico for all that exercising you helped me with do, over the last two years.'

While Bob did another ten reps with the twenty-five pound weights on the benchpress with Zangief spotting, behind Bob's head, Zangief stated, “You are doing good, my little student. With luck, we will have you bench pressing you own body weight within three to four months. After this, we will be using some smaller weights. Along, with some exercises.”

Bob grunted, “Whatever you think is best, Mister Zangief.”

From the corner of his eye, Bob noticed that the honorific he had given Zangief had caused the brown haired man to turn and look at him, for a second. Before he turned back to working out with his own exercise equipment.

Zangief replied, “Zangief, or teacher, is fine.”

Bob replied, “Yes, teacher.”

After they finished with weights and exercises, Zangief gave his students a twenty minute break. They then moved to the boxing area, with punching bags. Zangief then taught Bob how to properly throw a punch. With Bob punching the punching bag, under Zangief's instruction.

Next, Zangief had Nataru and the brown haired man demonstrate, to Bob, proper throwing and gripping techniques on the floor mats.

When they were finished, Bob was allowed to practiced the techniques he was just taught on Nataru.

When Zangief was satisfied that Bob had the lessons down, he had him spar first in the wrestling ring, with the brown haired man.

As both men faced each other in the ring, Zangief stood right outside the ring, right beside Nataru, to Nataru's left side.

Both Zangief and Nataru faced the two men in the ring.

Zangief stated, “Bob, just so you know. I rotate our sparring matches, so we all get a few turned with each other. So, we can learn what it is like to take on different types of challengers. I am the classic giant. Nataru is the strong man, in more ways than one. My brown haired friend is the trained fighter. And you are the average man. To start with.”

Bob turned to look at Zangief, as Zangief continued talking, “Now, today, you will be sparing with my brown haired friend because I want you to come to understand some of the basics in the throwing and gripping techniques, I just taught you. From both the standpoint of being the thrower, and the thrown.”

“My large size makes learning proper grips and throws difficult. And Nataru sometimes has a control issues with his strength. But, not to worry. He has enough control to not seriously harm someone, unless he means to. But, do not worry, my friend here knows what he is doing, because I taught him well.”

“Now, fight!”

Bob had just enough time to turn back to look at the brown haired man, as the man threw Bob onto the ground.

While Bob got up, he kept his eyes on the man in the ring with him, as he commented, “Yes. I know. Always keep you eye on the opponent.”

Zangief commented, in a calm tone of voice, “Learning from mistakes is part of training.”

In the ring, Bob look at the man, whom stood six feet from him, as he said, “Let us see if you can do that again.”

A second later, Bob was back on the floor. Bob did not waste any time, getting back up.

The brown haired man then proceeded to kicked Bob's butt for the next half an hour.

But, at the end, when Zangief called the sparing match.

At the moment, Bob was back on the floor of the ring. As he leaned up, he saw the brown haired man offering him a hand up.

Bob graciously took the man's offer for a hand up.

Bob stood, as he said, “Thank you.” As he stood up straight, he commented, “I appreciate the sparring session.”

The brown haired man commented, “For an inexperienced American, I admire you attitude. Not many can take being beaten so thoroughly, so well.”

Bob commented, “I just started. I look forward in a few months, to sparing you, when I am actually showing what I learned.”

The brown haired man smiled at Bob, as he responded, “I do too, Bob.”

Zangief said, “Now, you will watch Nataru and I spar. And we will also not only showing what you have learning. But, we will be doing a few body-locks, as well. Though, you will be talk this, after you have the basic down.”

Bob turned and nodded towards Zangief.

Then, Bob and the brown haired man, exited the ring, as Zangief and Nataru entered the ring, from another side.

Bob and the brown haired man then watched the two strongest men in the room, star to spar. With Bob surprised, at how easily Nataru seems to be able to thrown the much large Zangief onto the mat of the ring. And Nataru was able to get Zangief in a few body-lock. Though, Zangief's much big physical size, made putting him into a body-locks much more difficult.

Also, Zangief gave as good as he got. With him throwing Natsuru down, numerous times. And also putting Nataru in a number of body-locks.

(_)

Later that afternoon, Bob opened the door to the hotel suite that he and Ed shared, and went inside.

When Bob had finished his training for the day, he had used the gyms hot showers to get clean up. He then dressed in the clothing he had walked into the gym in, and returned to the hotel.

Bob was sore from head to toe, as he staggered into the hotel room.

After he closed the door, he looked across the room, and he saw Ed sitting one of the chairs, at the table, with her laptop computer open, with her looking at it.

Ed turned to look over at Bob and she saw how rough a shape he was in.

Ed quickly got up from her chair, and she help Bob to his nearby bed. With her sitting down beside him on the bed.

As Bob laid down, Ed asked, “Is there anything Ed can do?”

Bob answered, “Thank you for asking, Ed. But, I will be fine. I am just sore. I should recover in a few hours. On the bright side, Zangief said that we have the afternoons and evenings together. And I think in a few hours, I will be recovered enough to go out and get something to eat with you.”

“And since there is not much to do. And we both agree we are not ready to do that. We can watch anime, read some manga, and look at other fiction, during the afternoons and evenings.”

Ed replied, “That sounds great.”

Bob asked, “So, what have you been up to.”

Ed answered, “Building a reality device. Ed already has the tools and parts ordered. Ed used some software tricks, so my transactions will not be so easily traced. And the packages will go through a few different parties, before getting to us. The items should be here in a week, or two.”

Bob replied, “Good. So, how until you show have a working reality device, Rico uses?”

Ed responded, “A few months. Maybe half a year at most. We are not really in a rush, are we, Bob?”

Bob stated, “No. We are not.”

Ed grinned, as she said, “Good, then we can have fun while we are here.”

As Bob leaned over and looked at Ed's smiling face, he thought, 'I do love Ed wonderful, cheerful, personality.'

Fortunately, Bob did recover enough within the next few hours, as the two of them used Bob's own laptop computer to watch an episodes, from various anime series.

By the time they were both ready to get some dinner, Bob felt like going out with Ed.

They had a good supper together.

And when they came to the hotel suite, they continued watching the videos on Bob's laptop.

During this time, they both agreed, they had a good arrangement, while they were living together, in the same hotel suite.

(_)

On the next day, Bob showed up at Zangief's gym, a few hours earlier than he did before.

Zangief was pleased that he came earlier. Though, Nataru and the brown haired man, were already at the gym, with Zangief, by the time Bob showed up.

During that morning, Bob found the training a little easier, and he had a better time with his lessons.

As Bob jogged that morning with Zangief, Nataru, and the brown haired man, he thought, 'I think with time, I will get the hang of this training. And then I won't have to worry so much about getting mixed up in a fight. Though, even with this training, I harbor no illusions that I could go against Ranma, Natsuru, or any of the Black Lagoon badasses and win. Still, this is a nice skill set to have, in case of emergencies.'

Bob found the rest of his lessons that morning to be enjoyable. And he then spent the afternoon and evening with Ed.

(_)

Six months later. Tokyo, Japan. In the mid-afternoon, on a warm, partly cloudy day.

Off and on, during the last six months, Rock, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma had searched for Bob and Ed, with no luck.

They found Bob's cellphone right outside of Aspen, and his car was located in a parking lot of the Denver International Airport, located in the Colorado capital city, of Denver.

The trial went cold from there. With all four women eventually tiring of trying to find Bob and Ed.

Now, Rock decided to breakdown and look for outside help.

Fortunately, the threesome she was with said they knew someone they could recommend, for their situation. They even told Rock the person's name. Though, the name did not mean anything to Rock, at the time. And with no other options available, Rock supported having the meeting. Also, Natsuru volunteered to handle the arrangements find the help they were seeking.

And so, they had made their to a small home, in one of outer areas of Tokyo.

There was a car parked in the driveway, leading up to the front right side of the home.

For Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, coming back to Tokyo was like returning home. But, for Rock, it is like coming home, only she knew this was a Tokyo was of a different reality, compared to the Tokyo of her home reality.

All of them were currently women, and wearing casual clothing, as they reached the two-story home they were looking for.

As the four women made their way up the concrete path, from the street sidewalk, to the front door, they noticed the front yard of the home was will kept.

The front door in the middle of the front section of the home, to the left of the driveway, and the car parked in the driveway.

When the four women reached the front door, they stood looking at the door, for a few seconds.

Natsuru was the closest to the door. She turned to the other three women, as she stated, in japanese, “I called ahead. And she said that she could see us, right now. So, let me handle this.”

Natsuru then turned around, and she lightly knocked on the door.

A few second later, the door was unlocked and opened from the inside. The four women looked down to see an eight year old asian girl, with dark blue hair. The girl was wearing a girl's school uniform.

Natsuru greeted, “Hello Violin.”

Violin smiled, as she happily said, in japanese, “Hello Natsuru.”

Natsuru inquired, “Is you mother here?”

Violin answered, “Yes. She is. She say to expect guests. And I am glad it is you, Ranma, and Akira.”

Ranma replied, in japanese, “Same here, Violin.”

Akira commented, in japanese, “Yes. It is good to see you, Violin.”

Natsuru said, “It is always nice to visit you, and your mother.”

Violin responded, “Same here. I will go get here”

Natsuru replied, “Thank you.”

Violin then closed the door, as she walked back inside.

Less than a minute later, Birdy Tsutomu Cephon, opened the door, to face the four guests. She had dyed her long hair dark blue, to match her daughter's hair. She was wearing her Tokyo police officer's uniform.

Birdy looked at the four women, as she smiled. She greeted them, in japanese, “Why, hello everyone. It is good to see you.”

Natsuru said, “It is good to see you, Birdy.”

Ranma replied, “A pleasure. As always.”

Akira complimented, “You, and your daughter, look great, Birdy.”

Birdy responded, “Thank you, everyone.” She then turned to Rock, while she asked, “And who is this?”

Akira answered, “This is, Rock. It is a long story, that we need to talk to you about.”

Rock stated, in japanese, “It is nice to meet you Miss Cephon. I have head a lot about you, from these three. And all of it is good.”

Birdy stated,“Well, my shift starts in an hour, and my sister is coming to babysit, Violin. So, we have a little time before then. So, please come inside.”

Birdy motioned them to follow her. As soon as all five women were inside, Birdy closed the door behind her.

As Birdy lead them through the hallway, Natsuru commented, “Birdy, I am glad you are doing well with your family.”

Birdy stated, “It was rocky at the start, but we worked it out.”

A few seconds later, they reached the kitchen and dinning area.

They saw Violin there doing homework, while sitting at the dinning table.

Violin looked up at them.

Birdy ordered, “Violin, got watch some TV. Mommy has to talk about some business with these nice ladies.”

Akira smiled, as she thought, 'No child would back talk about getting out of homework.'

Violin smiled, as she got up walked into a nearby room.

Birdy pointed at the dining table with her right hand, as she offered, “Please, sit down. Can I get you anything to drink.” She then dropped her right hand back to her side.

Akira said, “No.”

Rock commented, “No thank you.”

Natsuru and Ranma just shook their heads.

All five women then walked over and sat at the chairs around the table.

The clockwise order from which everyone sat was, Rock, Akira, Ranma, Birdy, and Natsuru.

As everyone go comfortable in their chairs, Birdy asked, “Since our next annual party is not for another few months, I have to ask. What has brought you three here to see me?”

Akira answered, “Problems dealing with the multiverse.”

Birdy looked at them, with curiosity showing in her eyes, as she inquired, “What have you three been up to since the last that adventure we had?”

Natsuru questioned, “Do you remember that series, Black Lagoon, we showed you?”

Birdy answered, “Yes. The one where Akira said she spent a few years at. Not a bad series. A bit violent, though.”

Akira shrugged towards Rock, as she stated, “Well, this is that Rock. Even thought she is a woman, now. Trust me, we would know.”

Birdy commented, “Yes. We would.”

Rock inquired, in a slightly confused tone of voice, “You believe that I am Rock? Just like that?”

Birdy smirked, “Oh, I believe you, Rock. You could say I have had first hand experience on the matter. And I mean first hand.”

Rock then watched as Birdy suddenly changed into an asian man with dark blue hair. Even her clothing changed from a police uniform to a t-shirt and blue pants. A second later, Birdy change back to her female form, with dark blue hair, with her police uniform on.

The change caught Rock by surprise, as she responded, “You are that Birdy Cephon?! Of course. Your middle name is Tsutomu. But, why is that?”

Birdy sadly said, “Our personalities merged. It was a very unpleasant experience for myself. Or, Birdy and Tsutomu. Depending on how you look at it.” Her voice then turned a little more upbeat, as she said, “Let me guess. The hair threw you? Didn't it?”

Rock replied, “Yes. It did.”

Birdy stated, “That is why I dyed it. That. And to look more like my daughter. Also, my natural color sometimes attract the wrong attention.”

Rock inquired, “That would make sense. Though, I hope I am not out of line, but with your hair dyed, you and your daughter look almost alike. Is she your clone?”

Birdy answered, “No. She is my daughter. And from a personality standpoint, we are very different. She is more of a book learner, with mechanical skills that are near prodigy level, even by my species' standards. She is also already fluent in several languages. And she has a sense of wonder, imagination, adventure, and humor, that astounds even myself. And I do not know where those traits came from. Because, neither Birdy, nor Tsutomu were ever that crazy. Along with that, I have no idea how she became a diehard sci-fi fan.”

Akira asked, “What do you mean?”

Birdy stated, “Have a look in the living room at what she is watching on TV. I bought that entire series for her, including the mini-series, on video disc. And she won't stop watching that series, over and over. And I know it was made for a more mature audience.”

Akira, Natsuru, Ranma, and Rock decided to get up and take a peek in the living room.

When they did, the saw that Violin was sitting on the floor, in front of the TV, watching an episode, that all three recognized at Farscape. On top of the TV, they saw the Blu-Ray boxset for Farscape, and a disc case that was labeled, Peacekeepers Wars.

Akira, whispered, “Whatever happens. We need to keep that girl from going to the Farscape reality. Aeryn would likely be unhappy with us for introducing John, herself, and her friends, to their more diehard fans.”

Natsuru quietly commented, “True. She wasn't exactly crazy about meeting us.”

Ranma softly stated, “Besides, that reality is to dangerous for a young girl. And if something happened to her, Birdy would kill us.”

Rock quietly said, “I can go along with that.”

Akira softly replied, “Agreed.”

Meanwhile, Birdy silently watched the four other women, look in on her daughter.

A few seconds later, the four women the returned to the table, in the chairs that had previously sat in.

After the four women sat back down, sat down, Birdy looked at them, as she questioned, “See what I mean?”

The four other women turned to look at Birdy, as Akira said, “Yes. And it goes without saying that you should have her avoid the Farscape reality.”

Birdy stated, “She is not going there. If I can help it.”

Akira replied, “Good.”

Rock inquired, “I was wondering. Who is the father?”

Ranma stated, “Long story on that one, as well.”

Birdy looked at Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru. She then looked at Rock, as she stated, “I do not know what these lunatics told you about our adventure.”

Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru giggled at Birdy's comment.

Rock commented, “Well, I am more than happy to listen to your side of the story.”

Birdy looked over at Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru. She then looked back at Rock, as she went onto say, “Good. Well. To set the record straight. We got thrown throughout the multiverse. I got stuck in what Akira and Natsuru called the G Gundam reality. After the series. I then ended up participating, and winning, the next Gundam Tournament. Which was the Fourteenth Gundam Tournament there.”

Rock exclaimed, “You won the Fourteenth Gundam tournament?!”

Birdy happily replied, “Yes.”

Rock said, “I can actually see that.”

Birdy stated, “Thank you. I even saw the series after I got back to this reality. Interesting series. Though, not really my taste. Still, a few days before we were thrown across the multiverse, I had a one night affair with someone, and we used condoms. But, due to my gender swapping back and forth, I embarrassingly impregnated myself.”

Rock commented, “I realize that is a risk with such abilities.”

Rock thought, 'That is similar to how my friends and I had our children. Though, what we did was intentional. We none of us regret having children. So, it worked out for us. Though, the tail end of our pregnancies were unconformable. Along with the labor and birth being painful. But, we all found having children to be worth it.'

Birdy conceded, “That is true. But, Violin is happy and healthy. And my family, Tsutomu's family, has accepted my daughter, and myself, as a part of their family. So, I am okay with the situation. Now, I answered your question, Rock. Now, answer mine. How did you end up a woman? And why did you come to see us?”

Rock thought, 'I am going to have to tell her the truth.' She began, “Well, it all started some months started after Akira left my home reality. And the person that started it all was named, Chang...”

Rock then gave Birdy a highlights of their war with Chang, and how they eventually won, and handed off most of their problems to the local nations.

Around fifteen minutes later, Rock finished, “And that was around two years ago, your time. And it has been around that same amount of time, for my family and friends, in my home reality.”

Silence reigned in the room, for several seconds, with the only sounds being from the TV that Violin was watching, by the room the five women were sitting in.

Birdy looked at the four women in front of her, as she was the first to speak. She asked, with disbelief in her tone of voice being, “Why didn't you think to call me? I would have helped.”

Natsuru pointed out, “Well Birdy, you had a daughter to raise, along with working through some serious identity issues. You did not need this on your plate, as well.”

Birdy conceded, “Okay. You have a point. But, you should have told me, one of our annual parties. Though, that is in the past. And well, it seems you won, so why are you all here?”

Rock stated, “While we won, it seems there are some loose strings that need to be tied up, from this reality. Before our little war ever started, one of my friends in Roanapur realized what was on the horizon. He skipped town without telling anyone. And he disappeared.”

Birdy complimented, “That is an intelligent man.”

Rock replied, “Yes. I agree.”

Birdy inquired, “Who was it?”

Rock answered, “Rico.”

Birdy let out a small laugh. She then said, “It is always the quiet ones.”

Rock stated, “I fully agree.”

Birdy questioned, “So, what happened?”

Rock said, “Somehow he figured out how to travel between realities on his own. Through his own resources. He fled to this reality, in the United States.”

Birdy asked, “And let me guess. He moved to somewhere cold.”

Rock replied, “Good guess. He moved to Aspen, Colorado.”

Birdy complimented, “Rico also has good taste, in cities.

Birdy thought, 'When Violin is a few years older. I might take us on vacation somewhere. And if it is Aspen. I might look Rico up. Considering we have the same pool of friends. We might get along well.”

Akira smiled, as she said, “We agree.”

Birdy noticed that Ranma and Natsuru were smiling in agreement.

Birdy thought, 'They might have vacationed there, at some point. That just confirms it is a nice place to go.'

Birdy stated, “I don't see the problem.”

Rock answered, “The problem is that he then set himself up a shop that specialized in fiction. From sci-fi, to fantasy, to books, to comics, to manga, to anime. And due to my actions, I lead my enemies to his store. Where he was kidnapped, and turned into a woman.”

Birdy thought, 'That is sad to here. Well, if I look up Rico. I can at least help give her advice, from a source that is not insane. I like my friends here. But, they are crazy. Though, some consider me to be crazy. So, I really shouldn't judge.'

Rock went onto say, “But, there was a witness that recognized the kidnapper, and later realize who I was. The witness was allowed to escape, before my friend was captured. The person was a teenage boy, and he employee at friend's store.”

“Over a month later, in this reality, my friend returned to this reality, as a woman. She came back to this reality, with a small reality device, that we gave her. Though fortunately, she was not pregnant. She soon set herself her as her own sister. And around two months, for this reality, after she was kidnapped, she reopened her business, without any troubles.”

“Though, when she decided to give the witness his old job back, my friend told the teenage boy much of what has happened to the us. But, not all of it. And she offered her employee the potential of future adventures he could only previously hope read about.”

“At the time, my friend did not tell us that she had told the boy, what had happened to us. And she kept both him and us, away from each other.”

Birdy commented, “Rico must really care for that boy.”

Rock responded, “Yes. She does. And her concern is well earn by the boy. Now, fast forward two years, your time. The boy has become a man, whom is now eighteen years old. And he has just graduated high school. Around six months ago, the night he graduated, he had a fluke accident happen to him, and he got thrown into the multiverse.”

“From what I understand he had one hell of an adventure getting home. But, he was able to make his way home, in one piece, against some of the most dangerous badasses I know of. He even caught the eye of a dangerous, though nice, teenage girl. This girl followed him to this reality, and they started dating.”

Birdy questioned, “And when you confronted them, they ran, and they were able to escape you?”

Birdy saw Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, shift uncomfortably in their seats, for a few seconds.

Rock answered, “Yes. In retrospect, when we confronted them, it could have gone better. Still, they fled. We have no seen them since. Which is why we are turning to you for help.”

Birdy asked, “Who are these two people?”

Rock answered, “The man's name is, Bob. The girl's name is Ed, from the Cowboy Bebop reality.”

Birdy stated, “This Bob made his way through the Cowboy Bebop reality? By himself?”

Rock thought, 'Birdy has clearly seen the Cowboy Bebop series.' She answered, “For the most part, yes. From Mars to Earth, in less than forty-eight hours. Through the hyperspace gate system. And he had to face the Serenity crew, as well. Whom we had transplanted there, for their help against Chang.”

Birdy inquired, “From Firefly series?”

Rock answered, “Yes.”

Birdy questioned, “And he is dating Radical Edward?”

Rock replied, “It appears that way.”

Birdy responded, with astonishment in her tone of voice, “Damn. This Bob has some skill to do all that.” Her tone of voice turned more serious, as she continued, “Still, Ed is extremely dangerous. Even by herself.”

Rock cracked a grin, as she said, “I see you are starting to understand why we have to capture these two wildcards. They are too dangerous to continue to let loose on the multiverse. So, will you help us?”

Birdy got up from her table, as shes said, “I would have helped you. Even if Ed was the only one we are after. Though, I am not sure I would have, if it was just Bob. Still, I have some equipment that might help you. Just follow me to my bedroom.”

The other four women got up from the dining table, and followed Birdy out of the room.

(_)

Less than a minute later, they are inside Birdy's bedroom.

Birdy entered her bedroom first. Rock, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma followed behind her, as they took a look around the room.

The windows, on the left side of the room, provided plenty of light to see in. The windows had white cloth drapes hanging from them, that allow the sunlight to come through the windows, and into the room, while still providing privacy in the room.

The bedroom itself, was a decent sized room. There was a queen sized bed in the center of the room. With the headboard of the bed set against the far wall. To their right was a closet. And to there left was a chest of drawers. Along with a desk and chair, that had a laptop computer on it.

Rock also noticed pictures and nicknacks on the chest of drawers and desk.

Among the pictures, two photos caught Rock's eye.

The first one was of Tsutomu and his family. His parents, and his sister.

The other picture was taken in a park, during autumn, with the leafs turning a golden shades of yellow.

The picture showed Birdy, with brown hair. She was wearing a pink jacket, over a red shirt. Beside, her, to her left side, was a asian man with black hair, pulled back in a ponytail. The man wore black and white jacket. In the phone, both adults seems to be having a good time with each others company.

Ranma thought, 'That must be one of Birdy's old boyfriends. Though, I think it is best that I do not ask her who this man is, right now. I will ask her, later. Still, I am happy that she has been able to move on with her life. She and Violin are doing fine. Her family has accepted both of them.'

'And she was able to get a job in law enforcement. Though, instead of being a Federation police officer. She is now of Tokyo's finest. From when we have visited her and Violin. She was clearly more happier with this job, than modeling, or idol singer. Even though, the job does not pay nearly as much. Still, she makes enough money for her and Violin to live on. So, to each, their own.'

'Though, she probably has to call some favors, in government to be allow to join, with the properly faked IDs. Though, given she literally is a super-cop... That was a good Jackie Chan movie... Anyway, given she has a nice personality, and her abilities. Only a fool would not hire her. And I see that those that run the Tokyo PD are no fools. Which is good.'

'Now, I wonder how she is going to help us?'

Ranma then turned her attention back to Birdy. She watched as Birdy headed for her closet.

When Birdy reached her closet, she opened it. She knelt down, as she dug something out from interior floor of the storage space.

A second later, she pulled out a small device that looked like a blue cellphone.

As she stood back up, she stated, “When I left the Federation galaxy police force, they fortunately did not ask me to turn over all of the toys they let me use.”

Birdy then walked over to her desk, and opened her laptop computer.

Birdy sat down in the chair, at her desk, as she booted up her computer.

Rock, Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru stood a few feet behind Birdy, as they watched her work, at her computer.

A few seconds later, computer had completely booted up, and Birdy had logged onto her account.

Birdy then used an electronic cord to hook the device to the laptop computer.

Next, while pulling up a few programs on the screen, she inquired, “Okay. Give me all the information you have on Bob and Ed.”

Natsuru inquired, “Okay. Though, what does that little device do actually do?”

Birdy continued to look at her computer screen, as she coyly commented, “I may be a police officer, right now. But, the less I say about this device, the more likely we all stay out of prison.”

Natsuru replied, “Oh.”

Rock stated, “Do what you got to, Birdy.” She then gave Birdy all the information she had on Bob and Ed.

Three minutes later, after some keyboard typing, and mouse clicking, by Birdy, Birdy stated, “Found them.”

Birdy's commented got the attention of the other four women in the room.

Rock requested, “Please, explain.”

Birdy stated, “Ed must have hacked a bank account. Because I am finding a lot of odd transactions from whom I am guessing is her. And she much be good to not get caught. The first transaction is the night you guys went after them. Later that night, they chartered a private jet to Moscow. From there, I found train tickets, bus tickets, and an ongoing hotel account, in small town in Siberia.”

Ranma asked, “What are they doing in Siberia?”

Birdy stated, “Well, I am not sure. But, the same day they checked into that hotel, Ed also paid someone, or a group, a lot of money.”

Akira asked, “How much?”

Birdy answered, “Fifty U.S. thousand dollars.”

Akira whistled. She then stated, “That is a lot of money.”

Rock said, “That is a troubling amount of money. But, we have no way of knowing what for, and to whom it was for.”

Birdy commented, “The bank account is a dummy account. So, I cannot trace is back to its point of origin. Nor, who received the money. Without more some time. Which I don't have.” She looked at the clock her computer screen, as she continued, “I have to leave for my shift, in about twenty minutes. But, we still have a little time until my sister shows up, to watch after Violin, while I am at work.”

Natsuru complimented, “Birdy, I am glad you are giving us as much time you possibly can.”

Birdy turned around, counterclockwise, in her chair, to look at the four other women. She stated, “Don't worry about it. I know, if our roles were reversed, you three would do the same for me.”

Ranma replied, “That is true.” She the looked around at her friends, as she said, “Well, Birdy found them. That is all that matters.” She turned to Rock, as she asked, “What now, Rock?”

Rock turned to Ranma, as she stated, “After we figure out where exactly this hotel is in that that town, we come up with a solid plan. And we use our reality devices to capture one of both of them. If we miss one of them, we will simply use the other as bait for that person.” Rock looked over at Birdy, as she inquired, “Birdy, are still you willing to help us?”

Birdy replied, “I guess so.”

Rock cracked a grin, as she said, “Good. Here is what I have in mind...”

Rock told them her plan.

As soon as Rock finished, Ranma said, with concern in her tone of voice, “I don't like this. But, the situation does warrant it.”

Akira commented, “I am with Ranma on this. I don't like it. I really don't want to do this. But, I will.”

Natsuru stated, “Same here. But, I really don't see any other course of action.” She bitterly thought, 'And I use to be a cop.' She turned to look at Birdy, as she continued her thoughts, 'And Birdy is still a cop.'

Rock turned to Birdy, as she inquired, “How about you, Birdy?”

Birdy looked up at Rock, as she answered, “I will help.” She thought, 'Because if I don't. They will get someone else to help them. So, I will stick around, to keep them from going too far.'

Rock responded, “Thank you. Everyone. Before being understanding. Now, let's work on the details of this plan. So, no one gets hurt.”

The five women then spent the next twenty minutes working on the details, until Tsutomu's sister arrived to babysit, Violin. With Birdy's four guests heading elsewhere, in town, to privately continue formulating their plan to capture Bob and Ed. While Birdy heading to work, with her, and her friends, planning to meet up later, to talk to, right after her shift was over, for that day.

(_)

A few days later in Siberia, in the middle of the morning.

Bob followed Zangief, Nataru, and the brown haired man back into town.

Each of them of them were wearing winter clothing, and a hiking backpack. With supplies in this backpacks, and a tent and pack rolled on top of their backpacks.

While they walked, at a comfortable pace, Bob thought, 'Three days ago, I was kind of worried when Zangief wanted the four of us to spent two nights in the Siberian winter wilderness, for some survival training. But, it turned out to be quite fun with these guys. And now, we are coming back into town.'

As they continued walking, Bob looked around him, at the town, as he continued his thoughts, 'These last six months have been pretty good. Morning and early afternoon training. Afternoon and evening with Ed. It has been great.'

'And I can tell that I have gotten stronger. That my fighting skills have improved. I can actually last five minutes against mister brown hair man, before he is able to pin me to the floor.'

'Still, that man continues to refuse to tell me his name. Of course, when he is not training, he is getting drunk off of Vodka. All I could get for the reasons he was the way he was, is that his situation dealt with a woman. I dared not pry further.'

'Still, the other two are fun to spar with. Even though, I really do not stand a chance against either of them. I can last three minutes in the ring with Zangief. And I can last two minutes in the ring against Nataru. If he is going easy on me.'

'And I have bulked up a bit. But, only a bit. My body is more leaner than muscular. Though, I never was one to want to bulk up. I prefer to be a little on the lean size of things.'

'Though, I look great without a shirt. Ed sure thinks so.'

'And I am looking forward to see Ed within the hour. I told Ed that I would be gone for a few days. And why were would be gone. She said she was was okay with our trip. I also know, if need be, she can take care of herself.'

'Now, to get back to the gym, so I can put my gear up. Get cleaned up. Get changed. And head back to the hotel.'

A minute later, they turned a corner on the street, Zangief's gym building came within sight.

Bob politely requested to Zangief, in russian, “Teacher. If it okay with you, as soon as we get the gym, I would like to head back to the hotel, and spend to time with my girlfriend.”

Zangief continued walking, as he responded, in russian, “That is alright my little student. We have had you long enough. And not once did you complain. So, I see no harm of you skipping your training, today.”

Bob happily replied, “Thank you teacher.” He thought, 'I am glad Ed is such a good teacher. And she was able to teach me to read, speak, and write, in russian. Though, Zangief, Nataru, and even the brown haired man, helped some as well. Knowing another language comes in handy. I am not great out it. But, fair. And Ed is teaching me a few other languages, as well.'

A few minutes later they made it to the gym.

Over the next twenty minutes, Bob had put away his gear, showered, and put on his normal winter clothing. He then left for the hotel that Ed and himself, were staying at.

(_)

Ten minutes afterward, Bob made it to the door to his suite, in the hotel, that Ed and himself, shared.

Bob used his hotel key to unlock the door and opened the door.

As Bob walked into the room, he said, in english, “Ed, I am back.”

There was no response from within the room. Though, the lights inside were on, and he could see around the room.

After Bob closed the door behind him, he looked around. He asked, “Ed?...”

Nothing looked amiss, but he did not see Ed, anywhere.

Bob looked over to see if she was inside the bathroom.

Unfortunately, the door to the bathroom was open, and the bathroom was empty.

Bob then started feeling more concerned, about Ed, as he continued to look around.

Bob walked to the table where Ed had her tools and equipment out, as she worked on something electronic.

Bob thought, 'Ed would not leave at this time of day. When we don't go to breakfast together, she likes to sleep late. Whatever happened here, it happened quickly. From the ordinary look of the room, it happened so swiftly, there was no fight.'

Bob then notice a piece of paper on the table. He picked up the piece of paper, and he found it to be a note.

Bob read the note. The note was in english. When he finished reading it, he ran out of the room with note in his right hand, while he used his left hand to open and closed the door behind him.

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob ran into the men's room of the gym, while holding the note in his right hand.

Bob quickly looked around, and he saw Zangief and Nataru doing exercises on the mats.

The brown haired man was sitting in his chair, by a wall. He was already working on drinking an open bottle of Vodka, which he set on a small table, by his chair, when he was not taking swallows of the alcohol.

Bob sarcastically thought, 'Of all the days he decides to start getting drunk early. It has to be today... Most days, he doesn't start drinking until after lunch... Most days.'

Bob turned to face them at an angle, that allowed him to see all three of them, at once

Bob exclaimed, in english, “Guys! I need your helped! Someone kidnapped, Ed!”

Zangief and Nataru immediately stopped what they were doing. And they quickly walked over to where Bob was standing.

Meanwhile, the brown haired man did not even a bat an eye towards Bob.

When they reached Bob, Bob handed Zangief the note.

Zangief quickly read the note, and he then handed it to Nataru.

Nataru commented, in english, on what was written on the note, “Hello Bob. We have Ed. If you want her back. Come to this address, by this date... That is two days from now... At this time... Eight PM local time... To this address... This address is in Tokyo Japan. That is my home town. I think I know the place. It is an out of the way bar, that I sometimes visited, with my friends.'

Bob thought, 'Good. That means you know the area, Nataru.'

Nataru handed Bob the note. Bob took the noted, folded it, and put it in his back right pants pockets.

Nataru asked, “Who are they? Why would that take Ed? And why are they after you both?”

Bob pointed out, “If you haven't noticed. Ed's the brains of this operation. I came here to become the muscle.”

Nataru questioned, “You're point being?”

Bob stated, “The reason I came here to train was that we needed some muscle. Considering who knows about us.”

Nataru requested, “Answers. Please.”

Bob said, “I do have some answers. I don't know why they took her. Nor, do I know why they are after me. The good news is, I know who they are. The bad news is, that they are major league badasses.”

Zangief inquired, in english, “Such as whom?”

Bob commented, “Does the name, Ranma Saotome ring a bell?”

Zangief responded, “Yes. It does. That one could be a handful. But, are we dealing with him? Or, his sister?”

Bob answered, “Believe it, or not, they are the same person. Ranma suffers from a water based gender curse. Hot water makes him a guy. Cold water makes him a girl. He got the curse from a place called Jusenkyo, in China. It is basically a bunch of cursed springs. And you don't want to fall in any of them.”

Zangief stated, “That does answer a few questions I had about them. Like how I never saw them together. And I have heard of that place, in China. It is a very dangerous place. Also, from what I have been told, you never fight the women near there. I hear they are nothing but trouble. Something to do with strange marriage and death laws. From what I understand. They are very sore losers. That lot is. I have avoided that area of China, altogether.”

Bob thought, with delight, 'Zangief, you are absolutely correct. Zangief, you are clearly a lot faster on the uptake than you lead people to believe.'

Nataru said, “If I had not seen similar things in my life, I won't believe you, Bob.”

Bob thought, 'You remember seeing Birdy changing into Tsutomu right in front of your eyes. Good.'

Zangief inquired, “It is a strange world. Who else will we be facing?”

From the corner of his eye, Bob continued looking at the man in the chair, as he answered, “Thank you for volunteering. There will be four women altogether. Including, Ranma. Three of them will be the fighters. And the fourth woman is clearly the brains of the operation.”

Zangief commented, “That is not surprising. Half the women I know are very cunning, when they want to be.”

Nataru said, “There are a few women I know that I can say the same thing about.”

Bob responded, “I am glad you both are taking this seriously. As you can guess, Ranma is one of the fighters. One of the other fighters, is a blue haired woman in a white and black seifuku. Her name is, Natsuru. She is a lot stronger and faster than she lets on. She is likely stronger than you, Zangief.”

Zangief pointed out, “She not be any worse than Nataru is. Plus, my fighting skills allow for fighting vastly more powerful opponents. As long as I can get my hands on them.”

Bob commented, “True. I am sure you can hold your own, in this fight. But, Natsuru also has fire abilities. She can emit a flamethrower from her hands. Or, she can even through fireballs from her hands. Either way, if you are not careful, she can roast you like a pig in a heartbeat.”

Zangief said, “I will keep that in mind,”

Bob stated, “Good. The next woman is a blond in a yellow, sexy, cowgirl outfit. She has four weapons. Two revolvers, that she carries in a gunbelt on the sides of her hips. She also has two long knives in scabbards which are strapped, crisscross, on her back. And she is also extremely athletic. In short distances, she can outrun a car.”

From the corner of his eye, Bob noticed the brown haired man turned to look at them. Bob mentally realized, 'You know her. Interesting.'

Bob concluded, “The last woman is a black haired japanese lady. I would bet money she is their leader, and the brains of their group. Her name is Rock.”

Bob noticed that at the mention of Rock's name, the brown hair man lean up from his chair, as he looked over at them. A few seconds later, he leaned back down in his chair, as he grabbed his bottle of Vodka from the small table nearby, and took another swallow of it.

Bob thought, 'You know, Rock. No one would react that way, unless you personally know Rock. He, or now she, has that effect on the people she meets. But how?... Wait a minute... Brown hair... Russian. Scar on his face... I know who you are.'

Bob inwardly smiled, as he was careful to not show the reaction of his revelation on his outward appearance.

Bob looked over at Zangief and Nataru, as he requested, “So, will you please help me, Zangief? Nataru?”

Nataru said, “Of course, I will help. Both you and Ed seem like decent people. And you are both much nicer than many people your age.”

Zangief stated, “Bob, I will help rescue you girlfriend. As a teacher, it is my duty to look out for my students.”

Bob replied, “Thanks, you two.”

Nataru asked, “Now what? We have no way of knowing where they have taken Ed. And that bar location is obviously a trap.”

Bob cracked a grin, as he said, “I know. But, I think I know someone whom likely knows where they have taken Ed. If anything else, she will probably, at least, provide us with a lead on where to look for Ed. So, Zangief, can I use your phone for a long distance call.”

Zangief responded, “Sure. Go ahead.”

Bob replied, “Thanks.” He then headed to the phone, in the back of the gym.

(_)

A few minutes later, in Aspen Colorado, it was around midnight, and Rico was at home, asleep in bed.

Just then, her cellphone, a nightstand, by her bed, began to ring.

Rico woke up, and answered her cellphone, “Hello.”

Bob responded, “Hi Rico. Sorry for waking you up. But, this is important.”

At hearing Bob's voice, Rico immediately woke up, as she asked, with concern in her tone of voice, “Bob? Where have you been? You have been missing for six months. Your family is worried sick. The only reason they have not called the police is that they suspect you are alright.”

Bob calmly replied, “I am fine. And please let my family know that I am well. But, I do have some serious problems that I think only you have the answers too.”

Rico stated, “I will let you family know that you are fine. So, how can I help you?”

Bob responded, “Your friends kidnapped Ed, while I was out of the town we were staying at. They left a note that they took her to Tokyo. We both know going to Tokyo in this reality is very, very dangerous.”

Rico agreed, “You got that right.”

Bob asked, “Is there anyone in Tokyo that you can think of that they might have asked for help about this? I hope it is not just a case of them choosing the home front advantage. And they actually stashed her someplace we can think of. If you want to redeem yourself for violating my trust, now is the time.”

Rico answered, “I might have a name for you. The last time I talked to Rock was three days ago. And from the sound of things, she was starting get a little desperate in finding you two. Rock mentioned that the girls knew someone they could go to, in Tokyo, whom could help them. A woman named, Birdy.”

Bob asked, “Birdy Cephon?”

Rico responded, “Yea. That is her name... Wait a minute, Birdy the Mighty. Oh man. You are in trouble, Bob. In a fight, Birdy is way out of your league.”

(_)

In Siberia, inside the main room of Zangief's gym, Bob was using an old touch-tone phone, with a cord connected from the phone to the handset.

Bob had the phone's handset in his right hand, as he placed it to the right sided of his face, with the speaker over his right ear, and the microphone near his mouth.

Bob looked across the room at Nataru and Zangief talking, as he calmly stated, into the phone, “Nah. I think I got that covered. By the way, I am fairly sure that it is the Birdy Decode series we are dealing with. Post series.”

Rico asked, “How do you know?”

Bob said, “Because, I have spent the last six months training with Birdy's ex-boyfriend. For a revenge driven, alien super-soldier, he is not really a bad guy. And to be honest, what he did was understandable. And he seems to have made a complete recovery. Both mentally, and physically.”

Rico cautioned, “I hope you do not plan on setting those two against each other. That would likely backfire badly on you.”

Bob casually replied, “Oh. Hell no. I have something far more devious in mind.”

Rico responded, “I am sure. So, who else is with you?”

Bob answered, “Well, one of my friends is a big. And I mean big. Russian wrestler named, Zangief.”

Rico inquired, “Zangief? Does he like to wear red boats and red speedo? And he has a brown mohawk, and brown hairy chest?”

Bob commented, “Yes. I am guessing he is from a series, as well?”

Rico responded, “You are correct. Zangief is from the Street Fighter series. I know for a fact that series exists here, as well. Bob you need to know that Zangief is a big time badass fighter, at hand to hand combat. While he is not the most intelligent person, the man is a walking tank. He could hold his own against the girls.”

Bob said, “That is what I thought. And fourth guy I refuse to tell you about, because, if you knew, you would probably call Rock.”

Rico countered, “No. I wouldn't. I learn from my mistakes. But, I can understand why you would think that.”

Bob said, “Well, I am trusting with what I am have already told you. So, don't betray my trust a second time.”

Rico firmly stated, “I won't.”

Bob responded, “Good. And thanks for the information. See you later, Rico.”

Rico replied, “You too, Bob. Good luck.”

They both hung up their phones. And Rico went back to sleep, for the night.

Zangief's gym, Bob walked over to Zangief and Nataru.

As he did so, he thought, 'I got to play this just right for my plan to work.'

When Bob reached Nataru and Zangief, and came to a stop in front of them, the two other men turned to look at Bob.

Nataru asked, “Any luck?”

Bob replied, “Yea. I got a name. Either of you know a Birdy Cephon, from Tokyo? It is kind of a rare name. So, I figure I might ask.” He thought, 'That is an honest way to put it. Now, I wonder if you, Nataru, take the bait.'

Nataru smiled, as he answered, “Actually, I do. She was a love interest. We didn't leave on the best of terms. But, I think there is still a chance between us.”

Bob cracked a grin, as he thought, 'Good. You took the bait. Now, to reel you in.' He said, “Really? That would work for us then. Because, if I was them, that is likely where I would stash Ed. With someone that we do not know about, but they trust.”

Nataru said, “That makes sense. But, trust, me, you don't want to fight Birdy. So, that leaves question of how we will rescue Ed?”

Bob's smile turned into a wicked grin, as he stated, “Actually, I have a plan that, with luck, will not involve any violence. To quote line, by the actor, Andy Garcia, from the movie, Steal Big, Steal Little. All we need is flowers, candy, and a little imagination.”

Bob thought, 'Steal Big, Steal Little, is really good lighthearted movie about two brothers, and a whole lot of money. And the movie had a great ending.'

Nataru cracked a grin, as he commented, in intrigue in his tone of voice, “I remember that movie. And I like where this plan is going.”

Bob responded, “Good. Nataru, you think you still have a shot with this woman. Okay, let us make this happen. We track Birdy down to her home. Which cannot be hard. I am sure there are not that many, Birdy Cephons in the Tokyo phonebook.”

Bob thought, 'Nor, Tsutomu Senkawas, for that matter.'

Bob went onto said, “And you go in, reintroduce yourself to her, while at the same time, you openly admit that you are there to both catch up with her, and convince her to release Ed.”

“That way, there is no chance of her thinking this is a trick. Because, you are being straightforward with her, right the start.”

“Meanwhile, the rest of us stall those that kidnapped Ed at their meeting place.”

Nataru smile became wider, as he inquired, “I am liking this plan. More and more. But, what do exactly with my part of the plan, entail?”

Bob answered, “We will give you a set amount of time, to both sweet talk her, and convince her to let Ed go. Don't worry, it will be long enough to catch up. When the time limit is up, we will ditch those we are meeting with. Swing by to pick you and Ed up. And then we escape.”

Bob grin became more devious, as he inquired, “So, what do you both think of my plan?”

Zangief and Nataru thought about Bob's plan for a few seconds.

Zangief complimented, “Now, that is a rescue plan.”

Nataru continued smiling, as he said, “I like this plan. And I am willing to try it. If nothing else, I will get a chance to talk to Birdy again. And let her know I am still alive and well.”

Bob thought, 'Good. Now, how to convince you, Nataru, to let us know about your teleporting trick? I guess just staying the obvious problem will help with those matters.'

Bob asked, “Good. Now, the next problem? How do we get there? If we go by airplane. It will eat a day of our time. And they will likely be able to track us. As such, they will learn that I am not alone. As such, they will adjust their plans accordingly. And they will likely have Ed moved to another location.”

Nataru said, “I have that covered. Just watch. And please don't freak out.”

Zangief and Bob watched, as in the blink of and eye, Nataru teleported in front of them, across the room. And in a split second, he teleported back to where he stood.

Both Zangief and Bob took Nataru's demonstration in stride.

Nataru commented, “Well, you certainly, both took my little demonstration a little more calmly than I expected.

Bob commented, “I have seen stranger things in my personal life.” He thought, 'And the list I could give you, would likely shock even you.”

Zangief stated, “When compared to some of the things I have seen on the street fighting circuit, your abilities are tame in comparison.”

Nataru replied, “Oh well. Honestly, I am happy that you are both taking this well.”

From the corner of his eyes, Bob noticed that the brown haired man, by the wall, also took what he saw in stride.

Bob thought, 'Of course. Given your life. Nataru's little demonstration would not bother you in the least. And I have no forgotten about you.” Bob turned his attention back to Nataru, as he continued this thoughts, 'But, first. I need to figure out how to get Nataru to explain his abilities. Without him become suspicious of me.'

Zangief asked, “So Nataru, what does your more interesting abilities include?”

Bob divided his attention between Zangief, and Nataru, as he thought, 'Thanks, Zangief. For asking that question.”

Nataru answered, “Long story short, I have time and space abilities. I can teleport us to Tokyo in the blink of an eye. We can be in there, and out, in a matter of seconds.”

Bob thought, 'Now, for me to take point back on this plan.' He said, “Good. But, let us not tip our hand that you have that ability. We will use that as an escape option. After we have Ed. Still Nataru, can you teleport an entire car?”

Nataru answered, “Yes.”

Bob stated, “Even better. Because I am not planning to be on foot, when we make our getaway. Okay, we now have a solid plan.”

Zangief mentioned, “I know someone, whom I heard moved to Tokyo. Whom will likely help us. We are going to need to find a vehicle anyway. And I think he will help.”

Bob replied, “That is great to hear, Zangief. I really didn't want to have to steal a car. And I am willing to accept help, whenever we can get.”

Zangief commented, “I am glad to hear that, my little student.”

Nataru inquired, “So, are we set to go?”

Bob answered, “No. First, I have to pack both my belongings. And Ed's things, as well. We are not coming back here. No offense Zangief. But, they know we are here. And the people already sent after us are not the biggest guns at their disposal.”

From the corner of his eye, Bob noticed the brown haired man snort.

Bob continued, “While, I think you could take those we are facing. I do not think you can take the more powerful opponents that would eventually be sent after us.”

Zangief responded, “No offense taken, little student. Besides, I have pretty much taught you all I could.”

Bob said, “Thank you. And you are a good teacher, Zangief. Also, I need to see if I can get some more help while we are still here.”

Bob then looked over at the man, drinking a bottle of Vodka, whom was across the room, from Bob, Zangief, and Nataru.

The man sat in his chair, set against the wall.

Bob walked up to the man.

As Bob approached the man, the man set his bottle of Vodka was sitting on a small table beside him.

When Bob reached the man, the man looking up at Bob, as Bob looked down at the man.

Bob firmly stated, “My girlfriend has been kidnapped by a badass crew. While Zangief and Nataru are badasses, I need every badass I can find, to help. And you happen to be the most dangerous badass available. Yes. I know who you are, Boris, of Hotel Moscow.”

Boris slurred his speech, as he said, in english, “Let a man drink in peace.”

Bob backhanded the bottle of Vodka off it's table, and to the floor. Next, Bob leaned down, picked Boris up by the scruff of the front of his shirt, and then slammed Boris against the wall.

Bob looked Boris in his eyes. He stated, with the promise of danger in his tone of voice, “Boris. I need your help to rescue Ed. And you are going to help me rescue Ed. And in doing so, you are going to help yourself. I do not know how you got to this point. And I don't care. We both know you are better than this. And if you help me. After we rescue Ed. I will show you sights and experiences that will make you want to live again. Deal?”

Boris heard Bob's entire offer, and thought it over.

A second later, Boris looked at Bob's eyes, as he said, “Deal.”

Bob left Boris go, and the older man fell to his feet.

Bob turned to Zangief and Nataru, whom had both silently watched the display.

Bob inquired, “Zangief, do you have a canister of oxygen in this place, for medical purposes?”

Zangief answered, “Yes. I do.”

Bob ordered, “Give Boris, here, some oxygen. That will sober him up quickly. He hasn't had that much to drink, yet. Today. I got to go pack. When I get back, Boris should be sober enough to travel.”

Bob then turned and started walking towards the hallway, that lead to the front exit of the gym

Meanwhile, Zangief and Nataru headed over to Boris, to help him.

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob rushed back into his hotel room.

Bob took a quick look around in both the bedroom and bathroom, as to all the items in the suite. So, he could mentally figure out what he was taking with him, and what he was leaving behind.

Bob then pulled out his gym bag and opened it. He quickly put everything that was his into his gym bag.

Bob took the opportunity go change his clothes, into his traveling clothing.

After changing his underwear and socks. Bob put on his brown long sleeved button up shirt, brown pants, brown leather belt, and put back on his black boots. He then put on his necklace, with his vial of martian soil being set over his shirt, and his digital watch on his left wrist. Next, he put on Mal's long coat, leaving it open, along with his shades. Finally, he placed his folder boot knife back into his right boot, where it has been before he changes his clothing.

After Bob was finished getting dressed, he put his discarded clothing into his gym bag, and zipped up his gym bag.

Bob then grabbed Ed's backpack.

Bob was careful, as he put all of Ed's items into her backpack.

It soon came time for Bob to go the table and get Ed's tools and the reality device she was working on.

As Bob looked at the device, he thought, 'It looks like Ed is nearly finished. Good. Now, I need to handle this item, and her tools, with care.'

Bob saw a near a few pieces of nearby newspaper that Ed used to cover the hotel table, when she worked, so she would not scratch the surface.

He grabbed some pieces and individually wrapped the tools, and nearly complete reality device in them. When he was finished, he carefully place each item in Ed's backpack.

Afterward, he zipped up Ed's backpack.

Next, Bob did a quick check of the bedroom and bathroom. Along with the drawers in the rooms, to make sure he didn't leave anything that he, or Ed, would miss.

After he was sure he didn't leave anything important, he slung his gym bag strap over left shoulder, and put the right side strap of Ed's backpack over his right shoulder.

Bob then, exited the room, and went down to the lobby.

Fortunately, the clerk at the desk spoke enough english, and Ed had the foresight to put both their names on the registry.

Bob was able to check out of the room without a problem.

Seven minutes later, he made it back into the main part of the gym building, where he saw Zangief and Nataru standing by a now, much more sober, Boris.

Bob noticed that Boris had a duffel bag, which was slung by it's sling, over his left shoulder.

Bob also noticed that all of the men had changed clothing. Zangief had on a trenchcoat and large brown hat on. Nataru had on a jeans and a t-shirt. Boris had on black cloth pants, black cloth shirt, black boots, black leather belt, and black leather long coat that was open.

While Bob walked up to the three men, he looked over at Boris, as he asked, “Do you feel better, after some oxygen?”

Boris turned to Bob, as he soberly replied, “I'll live.”

As Bob came to a stop, beside the three other men, he looked Boris' duffel bag, slung over his left shoulder.

Bob commented, “I love a man who brings his bag of tricks with him.”

Boris' lips curled into a wicked grin, as he said, “Oh the tricks I have are of plenty.”

Bob returned Boris' smiled, with his own warmer grin, as he responded, “I look forward to seeing them.”

Boris commented, “Besides. I tend to travel light. And after your offer, I am not planning on coming back here.”

Bob stated, “And I will forfill my promise.”

Boris complimented, “Good. From what I have seen of you, in these last six month. You are a man of your word.”

Bob replied, “Thank you.”

Nataru asked, “Are we ready?”

Bob stated, “Ready.”

Boris said, “Ready.”

Zangief replied, “I am ready, my students.”

The next thing Bob knew, a second later, they were on the sidewalk of a street that had no cars driving by. And Bob saw that there were only a few people, on the sidewalk.

As Bob looked around, he thought, 'Good. No one paid any attention to us. I don't know if that is because the people here are use to weird things happening here. Or, if they just don't care. It is probably a bit of both. And not that I am going to complain about it.'

A few seconds later, the locals soon walked way from the four men.

Bob thought, 'They must realize that staying near us, is not a good idea.'

Nataru said to the three other men, in english, “Welcome to Japan.”

Nataru's comment caught Boris, Bob, and Zangief's attention, as they turned to face Nataru.

Boris responded, “Thank you. Are we still in the right time period?”

Nataru answered, “Give, or take, a minute. We left and arrived at exactly the same time. The reason it is in the afternoon is that we are a few hours ahead, on this planet's timezones.”

Bob stated, “Thanks Nataru. We now have two days. We have time to prepare.” Bob turned to Boris, as he stated, “Boris, you are the most experienced at this. What would you suggest?”

Boris inquired, “It depends. Do you want our enemies alive, or dead?”

Bob cocked his head towards Boris, as he pointed, “A better question is, do you want to pissed off Revy and Dutch?”

Boris realized his mistake, as he commented, “Alive it is, then. It which case, we will be relying on delaying tactics, until we escape. This limits our options, but not by much.”

Bob replied, “Good. We will work out the details, later. We are going to need hotel rooms, some food, and a few supplies. The question is payment. Since those that are after Ed and I, tracked us down. It is likely they did so, with our debit card transactions. So, I cannot pay for our rooms and supplies.”

Nataru commented, “Well, the last time I looked, my credit card is still technically valid.”

Bob laughed at Nataru's joke. He then asked, “Hunter Thompson?”

Nataru replied, “I am a big Johnny Depp fan.”

Bob responded, “Yes. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies rocked.”

Nataru said, “You are preaching to the choir.”

Bob commented, “It will make good conversation at dinner.” Bob turned to Zangief, as he stated, “Teacher, you knew a guy here that might be able to help us.”

Zangief answered, “Yes, I do, little student.” Zangief looked over at a nearby restaurant, as he stated, “I need to make a phone call. I will be back in a few minutes.”

The three other men stood on the sidewalk, as they watched Zangief enter the nearby restaurant.

A minute later, of silence, to help deal with the boredom, Bob decided to looked up at sky, Bob could tell that it was later in the afternoon.

Bob thought, 'Yes. It is afternoon.'

Bob then noticed a billboard on the top of the nearby building featuring to women models in dress for some sort of fragrance line of perfumes. One was a redheaded woman, the other was a young green haired woman. Both were wearing sexy dresses that were cut to be revealing of their bodies, without showing too much of their breasts, nor crotch.

Nataru noticed whom Bob was looking at, as he stated, “The redhead is Iroka Kahoru. The green haired woman is Futaba Kahoru, Iroka's daughter.”

Bob immediately recognized the name, and the picture of the women, as he blurted out, “Futaba?!”

Nataru said, “Yes. She started modeling while in high school.”

Bob thought, 'That is not the question I was asking. The Futaba-Kun Change manga, from the deluxe package. Ed and I read it over the course of two evenings once. We got some good laughs from it. Still, Ranma, Kampfer, Birdy, and now Futaba.'

'Is this a secret gender bending reality, and no one told me? If that is the case, ten dollars says that that Australian superhero, Shezow is a gender bender, in some way, as well.'

'If the guys at Tvtropes ever learned that gender bending like this is real. They would have a field day. They would have to bring back the fetish fuel pages on sheer principle alone.'

'And rule sixty-three would never be the same again. Along with that, I don't even want to think about what would happen to thirty-four, after that revelation was made public... The web servers to the imageboards would likely meltdown.'

'Though, I am so happy that I avoided most internet porn when I was young... Still, seeing that video of the blond babe having her bikini disintegrate on that stage was fun to watch.'

Nataru asked, “Do you know of them? I always found them to be hot. I was also surprised to find out that Futaba had a couple of kids, a year ago.”

Nataru's comment caused the Bob's train of thought to temporally derail.

A few seconds later, Bob mentally realized, 'Hold on a second. The Futaba series never stated that Futaba had children. Actually, the manga had a time skip at the end of the series. Part of the ending of the story being where the Shimeru Island revealed itself to be a space ship. With the dirt breaking apart, and sinking into the ocean. Leaving the people left swimming in water, only to be immediately rescued, and the Shimeru species was revealed to the world...'

'That ending was so hamfisted...'

'Also, I do not remember that happening in this reality. And I looked into some really strange stuff on the web. Also, I would think I would have noticed the press, or internet, mentioning a gender bender species living among humanity.'

Bob turned to Nataru, as he continued his thoughts, 'And from the way Nataru is acting, he doesn't know the truth about them. This reality could be an alternate realities to the actual Futaba manga timeline. That could also apply to the other series I have seen. Such was the Ranma Half series... Rico mentioned that she heard that the Ranma had experience events from both her anime and manga series. And what a series.'

'So, what I have learned from those series, may not have exactly happened here, in this reality. Or, they used one of the time lines. Manga and anime series can differ somewhat on events. Or, not at all.'

'Also, one version of a series can last longer than the other, with sometimes, different endings. Such as the Ranma Half manga being nearly twice as long as the Ranma anime.'

'Though, I might as well let Nataru, and Zangief in on this little secret, about this reality, and us, being works of fiction, to other realities.'

Bob turned to Boris, whom was just looking across the street. Bob mentally reflected, 'Still, I would bet hard money that Boris already knows the truth, about this reality being a work of fiction. Given he is likely from the same reality as Rico. And he has reality traveled.'

'Though, I will let Boris tell his secret, when he is ready.'

'Still, how should I tell them truth? I think I will do so later. When I figure out how to do so, in a manner that will not upset them. Right now, I will start with the small stuff. Later, I will work my way to the big, hard truths about our reality, and the multiverse itself.'

Bob turned to look at Nataru, as he stated, in a calm tone of voice, “Nataru. I hate to break this to you. But, both those women were originally born men. They are gender benders. They can change back and from, between genders, almost instantly, at will.”

Nataru replied, with slight disbelief in his tone of voice, “You're kidding?”

As Bob and Nataru talked, Boris turned his back on them, as he quickly pulled out a pill bottle from his pant's pocket. He swiftly opened the bottle, took a pill out, dry swallowed the pill, closed the pill bottle, put the bottle back into the pants pocket he had it in, and he turned around to face the two younger men.

Bob answered, “Sadly. I am not joking here. They are both from an alien species called, Shimeru. That is also their official family name, listed in the Tokyo phonebook. These aliens look just like humans. And they emotionally feel and act the same as human, as well. Except for a strange genetic quark.”

“When they hit puberty, they start changing back and forth, between genders. The transformation takes less than a second. Those born female, start turning male. Those born male, starting turning female. The trigger is arousal, or severe stress. Eventually, they learn to control their ability, unless it is that time of the month for them.”

Nataru raised an eyebrow, as he asked, “Both genders of that species have that problem?”

Bob replied, “Yes. And those born male are the ones that given birth to the children.”

Nataru shook his head, as he stated, “I did not need to know those things.”

Nataru thought, 'And I thought I was a weird alien, when compared to humanity. I am practically normal when compared to these gender benders.'

Bob said, “I wasn't exactly that crazy about that information, when I found out, either.” He thought, 'Though, Ed laughed her ass off, when she read those items in that Futaba-Kun Change manga. Of course. Given she is a woman, she would find those subjects to be hilarious.'

Nataru inquired, “Where do they come from? And can they breed with humans?”

Bob answered, “Their species has been on earth for so long that they think they are an offshoot of humanity. And yes, they can breed with humans, to have healthy children. Though, these half-breeds do not have that gender bending trick. The exact place they come from is a floating island in the pacific... ocean...”

Bob mentally realized, 'The crossdresser from the pacific. My father's great-grandfather. My great-great-grandfather. He... Err she... Whatever. Was a Shimeru... That explains a lot. I will just avoid blood transfusions from that side of my family, and I should be fine.'

'That is one alien species down. And now the other. Mom said that her great-grandmother, my great-great-grandmother, was a very long live person. To the point she is still likely alive, and in good health. And, what alien species could be on Earth that is that long lived.'

Bob continued to look at Nataru, whom was looking back at him, as he further reflected on his thoughts, 'Of course. The answer is literally staring me in the face. Alterans are a long lived species. Even the normal ones. While Nataru is a bio-engineered Altera, normal Alterans have been on Earth, in secret, for several human generations.'

'And they have bred with humanity to produce offspring. In an episode in the second season of Birdy Decode, that series outright showed, Chigira, one of Tsutomu's friends and classmates, to have a Altera grandmother. That series even jokes about that matter, in a later episode.'

'So basically, I have genes from two different alien species. One the bright side, I am starting to think whatever triggers these dormant genes is not normally found in day to day life. Puberty is what triggers Shimeru genes. And I have been through puberty with no signs of any gender bending problems. And it took an immediate danger to his life for Nataru's own genes to trigger. So, as far as I can tell, I am pretty much in the clear.'

Nataru asked, “You certainly know a lot about this, Bob?”

Bob stated, “Yes. I do. I would tell you why, and how, I know this. But, I am not sure your sanity could handle it. And I am figuring out how to break the truth to you.”

Boris turned to Nataru and Bob, as he said, “Bob is right, Nataru.” Boris focused on Bob, as Bob and Nataru turned to look at Boris. Boris continued, “The answers you are asking about are like a dark, black lagoon.”

Bob thought, 'Nice way to letting me known that you know that I know where you come from, without alerting anyone else.'

Boris went onto say, “Some questions are best left unanswered. Unless you are prepared for those answers.”

Nataru looked at Bob, as he asked, “How life effecting are these answers?”

Bob turned to Nataru, as he stated, “You will never look at reality the same way again.”

Nataru said, “Then, I will let the matter drop. For now.”

Boris motioned for Bob to walked with him a few steps away from Nataru.

Bob walked over Boris. With both of them turning their backs on Nataru.

Nataru noticed this, but he did not say anything, as he thought, 'Given they are going to help me with mending my relationship with Birdy. I will respect their privacy. For now.'

Boris whispered in Bob's ear, “How do you know all this?”

Bob whispered back, “Do you remember Rico, from the Rip off Church, disappearing on you, for a few years?”

Boris quietly replied, “Yes.”

Bob softly answered, “He hid out in my home town. I worked for him for a while. At the time, I did not know who he really was. Anyway, two and a half years ago, my time, Rock comes in, and leaves. Then, Revy immediately shows up. I escape, but Rico disappears. Two months later, I go back to apply for my old job, which I got, and I find out the new owner, whom is a green hair woman, is really Rico. And Rico gave me the cliff notes of what happened.'

Boris whispered, “Ah. You're the boy that escaped?”

Bob softly replied, “Yes.”

Boris quietly inquired, “So, how did you ended up on the run from Rock?”

Bob softly responded, “Six months ago, I accidentally ended up in other reality, for two days, my time. Five minutes here. While there, I retrieved some interesting information. When I got back, it was went Rico was meeting with Revy and Rock.”

“Fortunately, I teleported back here, outside of the building they were in. But still, as part of my job, I had to check with Rico, before I left. And Rock was Rico's office, with her. Though, I got out of there, before any questions could be asked.”

“Still, Rock figured out what happened, and she sent of her friends after Ed and I. And since then, we have been on the run, and in hiding from them.”

Bob thought, 'I will leave out that Rock didn't realize that Ed was with me, until after her friend's confronted me and Ed, during our first date. Which fortunately, was not our last. And that it was when Rico confronted me, about what happened to me. And I was foolish enough to tell her what happened to me. And Rico was foolish enough to call Rock, behind my back, to tell her what happened.'

Boris quietly responded, “That explains a lot.”

Bob softly inquired, “So, are you from the manga, or anime timeline? Not that it makes much difference.” He thought, 'I would like to confirm what Rico told me.'

Boris softly answered, “The anime timeline. Same reality as Rico. The timeline where Roberta was crippled by the Grey Foxes at the end her Blood Trail arc. Though, Chang has since made her into cyborg super-soldier.”

Bob commented, in a slightly concerned tone of voice, “That is a scary thought.”

Boris cracked a grin, as he pointed out, in a more normal tone of voice, “Only if she is after you.”

Just then, all three men noticed Zangief walking out of the restaurant, and towards them.

When Zangief reached them, he came to a stop, as he stated, “I got in touch with my friend. He is willing to help us. He is bringing some friends to pick us up, and take us to meet him.”

Bob silently prayed, 'Please, Lord. Don't let this be a trap.'

The four men then stood by the street as they waited for their ride to come.

Except for some small talk, they remained silent.

(_)

Twenty-five minutes later, two large, two black humvees, pulled up to the side of the street Bob, Zangief, Boris and Nataru, were on. With the passenger sides vehicles facing the four men standing on the sidewalk.

An asian man got out front passenger side of the lead car. He turned to the four men, as stated, in english, “Get in back. Two per vehicles.”

Bob thought, 'Given Zangief's physical size, it figures they would need Humvees. Also, just because that man is not holding a weapon, does not mean that he is not armed.'

A few seconds later, Zangief and Nataru got into the back of the first Humvee. Boris and Bob went in the back of the second Humvee.

Both Bob and Boris kept their luggage with them.

Soon, they were back on the road.

The people in both vehicles, all sat in silence, as over the course of twenty minutes, they were driven into a warehouse area, in the city.

Bob thought, 'Now, this is cliche. I would not be surprised if this guy is a criminal in some way. Oh well. As long as he helps us. And he does not make me commit any crimes, I can live with it.'

A few minutes later, they entered a warehouse, with the large front doors open.

As soon as the two humvees entered the building, a few minute closed the doors behind them.

As the humvees stopped, the driver of Bob's vehicle stated, in english, “Out.”

Bob and Boris exited the vehicle with their luggage.

In front of him, Bob saw Zangief and Nataru get out of their vehicle.

Bob looked around, and he saw that they were in vehicle chop shop.

Bob thought, with sarcasm, 'Yep. These are criminals. Just great. Teacher lead us into a den of criminals. From the looks of things, I see a mostly asians. A couple of causcaians. And a few of african origin. I think it is best if I just stand back and watch.'

Bob then noticed a dark skin toned man walking slowly towards Zangief. He was a man of average height, but in great physical shape. He had brown hair, that was cut into a mohawk, with his hair stretching down the back of his neck and back being made into dreadlocks. He wore black boots, green pants, and a sleeveless, yellow vest, that was left open to show his rock hard abs.

When the man gone within a few feet of Zangief, Zangief took off his hat, so the other man could see his face.

Zangief asked, in english, “Dee Jay?”

Dee Jay quietly said, in english, “Zangief, it is you.” Dee Jay then exclaimed, with his voice full of joy, “Zangief, it is you!” He hugged the russian, as he passionately stated, “I thought I was the only left.” He let go of Zangief. He then turned to look over at Nataru, Boris, and Bob, as he offered, “All of you. Follow me into my office. We need to talk.”

Dee Jay then turned and headed for an open door, to a small room, that had been build on the right, interior side of the warehouse.

Zangief, Boris, Nataru, and Bob then followed Dee Jay into his office.

After they were all inside the room. Bob looked around, and he that it was a simple office. There was a table for a coffee maker, a filing cabinet, a desk, a desk chair behind it, two chairs in front of the desk, and a window that showed the rest of the warehouse.

Dee Jay shut the door behind them. He then walked around to face the four other men, standing next to each other.

As Dee Jay came to a stop, six feet from the other men, looked over at Bob and Boris. He stated, “You can leave you things in here, for the time being. No one well mess with them.”

Bob set down his gym bag, and Ed's backpack in the corner of the room. Boris set his duffel bag by Bob's items.

After Bob and Boris rejoined Zangief and Nataru, Dee Jay turned to face the other four men. He asked, “So Zangief. It has been a while. What have you been up to?”

Zangief answered, “I have been training in Siberia. I have even taken on a few students. The japanese man is my best student. He name is Nataru.” Nataru nodded towards Dee Jay. “Brown haired man, whom prefers to keep his name to himself, is formidable.” Boris nodded towards Dee Jay. “And the young American is coming along nicely. His name is Bob.” Bob nodded towards Dee Jay.

Dee Jay said, “So, you don't know?”

Zangief inquired, “Don't know what? After I got my ass handed to me by that Ryoga Hibiki, that one time. After that defeat. With him showing himself to be tougher and stronger than me. I decided it was time to do some training. I have been out of the loop for almost four years. I went into Siberia to train. And I am back, stronger, and tougher, than ever. And I am planning on getting back into the game.”

Boris snorted at the last part of Zangief's comment.

Bob noticed this, but he did not say anything.

Dee Jay stated, “That figures. And as of right now, when it comes to the street fighter circuit, you are probably the strongest man on Earth.”

Zangief responded, with concern in his tone of voice, “What do you mean? Though, I am stronger. I am sure there still a few on the circuit that are stronger men than I am.”

Dee Jay stated, in a sober tone of voice, “Not anymore. A few years after you went on your sabbatical, to parts unknown, members of the street fighting circuit started disappearing. First, it was the small fries. With no trace of who took them, nor how they disappeared. The only evidence was that their were scenes of fights, where they were taken. So, we know they did not go willing.”

“Then, whomever was taking these people, were working their was up the food chain, to more powerful heavy hitters.”

“I saw which way the wind was blowing myself, and I made myself disappear, before someone came after me. So, I went to ground, as deep as possible. That is why I started this chop shop, under an alias.”

“By the way, how did you find me, Zangief?”

Zangief said, “One time, years ago, we went out for drinks, at a bar. You had on too many, and you whispered into my ear, you had friends in Tokyo, that could set you up with a business, here. And you said, that if you ever left the circuit, you would likely retire here, to run a chop shop, with those friends.”

“And to be honest. You were never among the top ten on the circuit. Given it has been a few years, I figured you had already retired to Tokyo. And so, when we got to Tokyo, I called some contacts I have here, whom put me in touch with you.”

Bob thought, with pride, 'I am impressed. This confirms you sharper and more intelligent than you let on, teacher.'

Dee Jay commented, “I guess I was secretive as I believed I was.”

Zangief complimented, “You are clearly still here, Dee Jay. So, you were secretive enough.”

Dee Jay responded, “Thank you. And this place made me money, while allowing me to be surrounded with people loyal to me.”

“Anyway, as more and more people started disappearing, I did get a few rumors that it was blue and brown robots that were grabbing these people.”

Bob thought, 'Damn it! Chang! Those disappearances had to have been done by her boomers. And, I am sure, Zangief, Nataru, and Dee Jay, would not like the answers, to what has happened, if they knew them.'

'Also, I am sure Boris will keep his mouth shut on this. Unless the situation warrants him talking. But, getting him to talk is easier say than done. And if I mention I know that much, he will likely kill me, to keep my silent.'

Dee Jay continued, “Eventually, even the heavy hitters disappear. Such a Ken and Ryu. Anyone one, or anything, that can take down them is to much for me. So, I stayed hidden. Still, I have no clue who might be behind it.”

Nataru said, “Bob might know.”

All eyes turned to Bob.

Meanwhile, Bob's eyes turned to Nataru, as he replied, “Huh?”

Nataru stated, “Bob. You clearly know a lot of odd stuff. You might know what is going on.”

Zangief looked at Bob, as he requested, in a dangerous tone of voice, “Little student, is there something you need to tell us?”

Bob looked at Zangief, as he gulped. He said, “You likely won't believe me if I told you.”

Dee Jay replied, “That is up for us to determine. Now, talk fast.”

Bob said, “You won't like the answers. Actually, I know you won't like the answers.”

Boris stated, “Bob had nothing to do with what happened. He is just a man whom learned a few things, from third hand sources. On the other hand, I have you answers seek. And I am more than willing to give you those answers.”

As those in the room turned to look at Boris, Zangief commented, “I knew there was something about you, Boris.”

Boris turned to look at Zangief, as he calmly responded, “Yes. Zangief. There is much about me, that you do not know me. But, you soon will learn, about myself. Now, to answer your questions.”

“As difficult as it is to believe, the situation deals with insanity, and a war across the multiverse. A person named Chang, from a city called Roanapur, figured out how to travel across the multiverse. From plundering the treasures found in reality, after reality. And in doing so, Chang gained a great amount of wealth, much power, and raised an army.”

“This included an artificially created cyborg army. The blue and brown robots that Dee Jay is talking about. Then, like most people in his position, he went mad with that wealth and power.”

“As Chang gained access to fanatic and terrifying technology and knowledge. With the power from those resources corrupting him to insanity. And in his madness, he then decided to apply such resources toward enslavement and breed projects.”

“This is where things get really weird. He went used his cyborg army to go across the multiverse, including the reality to kidnap both badass men and women his organization could find.”

Dee Jay smirked, as he interrupted, “That doesn't sound so bad to me. Round the clock mating with hot chicks.”

Boris corrected Dee Jay, as he said, “That was not what Chang had in mind. The men Chang had captured, he had turned into women. Along with those that were already women. He had subject them all to some sort of super-soldier serum. And Chang had all of them brainwashed to either be his loyal servants, or breeding stock, in his eugenics programs.”

Zangief, Dee Jay, and Nataru's jaws dropped and their eyes widened, simultaneously, as they stated, in unison, “What?!”

Bob thought, with a bit of humor, 'You can literally feel the sanity points dropping in this room.'

As the three men collected themselves, Nataru turned to Bob. He stated, “I noticed that you did not a reaction to this news. You already knew about this? And this is what you meant when your answers might threaten my sanity?”

Bob looked over at Nataru. He shrugged, as he replied, in a casual tone of voice, “I knew the basics of what had happened. After the fact. And actually, this is the tip of iceberg.”

Nataru asked, “Do I really want to know?”

Bob said, “Probably not. But, you are likely going to soon find out, anyway.” He turned back to look at Boris, as he continued, “Now please. Let the brown haired gentleman finish his story.”

Boris smiled at Bob. He then looked around, at the group of men in front of him, as he went onto say, “Thank you, Bob. Eventually, Chang was defeated. And Chang's victims were freed. I even heard that some of them returned home to their own realities.”

Zangief quietly said, “I do not feel so well.”

Bob replied, “Don't worry, teacher. You should be fine in a few hours. After you have come to terms with that, and a few other things.”

Dee Jay commented, “That would explain why I saw a lot of strange woman showing up in the street fighting circuit. In the last two years. Some of them looked like younger, female versions of some of the fighters that went missing. Such as why Ken's sister. Whom no one had ever heard of. Up until a few months after Ken disappeared. Showed up with a new born daughter... Wait a minute. Chang? Roanapur?”

Bob mentally noted, 'He has seen the Black Lagoon series.'

Boris looked over at Dee Jay. He smirked, as he asked, “Who do I looked like?”

Dee Jay looked at Boris for a few seconds. He then answered, “Not to sound crazy. We have already had plenty of insanity today. But, you look like Boris from the Black Lagoon series. Zangief even called you, Boris.”

“Some of the guys in the crew here love watching that series. And they introduced me to it. Great series. There is some real scary bitches in that series. They make some of the girls I fought on the circuit look like Sunday school girls.”

Boris' smile became wider, as he answered, “That is because I am Boris, from the Black Lagoon series. To be exact, I am from the anime timeline. After the series ended. And yes. They are scary bitches.”

Dee Jay strongly replied, “But, that is impossible.”

Bob spoke up, “Not really. I spent two days in the Cowboy Bebop reality.”

Nataru turned to Bob, as he inquired, “Really?” Bob thought, 'Given this place has thieves, I will neglect to tell them about the origins of my necklace and long coat. Nor, will I mention my laptop.'

Bob turned to Nataru, as he answered, “Yes. You know my girlfriend, Ed? The girl we are going to rescue?”

Nataru replied, “Yes.”

Bob continued, “That is Ed. As in Radical Edward from Cowboy Bebop.”

Nataru exclaimed, “That is Ed! She did not look that hot in the series.”

Bob shrugged, as he casually replied, “She grew up.”

Nataru said, “You are so lucky.”

Bob responded, “Don't feel to bad, Nataru. With luck, you will be back with Birdy, soon.”

Nataru realized, as he asked, “Birdy?... You sound like you know about my connect to Birdy, than you let on. How much do you know about me?”

Bob walked over to Nataru. He whispered into Nataru's left ear, “To answer your question. I know you're an alien. I know what you did. And for the most part, you were pretty justified in what you did. None of us here are saints. Also, if you are wondering, the Federation government swept the entire matter under the rug when it comes to your origins. Stay on Earth, don't cause any more trouble, and you should be fine.”

“Also, do not try to use your powers to travel the multiverse. That could be very dangerous for you, in so many ways. Getting lost would be the least of your problems.”

Nataru nodded, as he softly replied, “After hearing all this, I fully agree.”

When Bob leaned back up from Nataru, he noticed that the other three men in the room had turned to face him.

Bob looked at the other men, as he thought, 'I guess I got to tell them.”

Bob answered, “Okay. We might as well get to the big revelations. From the information I learned. This reality is a work of fiction, as well. Actually, several fiction series. To be exact. And some of the events here differ from the canon of those series.”

Zangief inquired, “Such as?”

Bob stated, “So far, I have found four series that I have confirmed on my own. Another that Rico told me about that may deal with you...”

Dee Jay interrupted, “Rico? As the green haired dude from Black Lagoon?”

Bob turned to Dee Jay, as he replied, “Yes. That Rico. From the same reality as Boris. And he is now a she. A hot babe at that. Also, I briefly met both Rock and Revy twice, as well. Rock is now also a babe. Revy was always a babe. Though, a crazy babe, at that.”

Dee Jay inquired, “You met Revy? In person?”

Bob answered, “Only very briefly. Twice. Even though she is hot. She is not the type of person you would want to get to know.”

Dee Jay laughed. He stated, “Been there. Done that. With other women. I know exactly what you are talking about.”

Bob mentioned, “I also met Chang. Whom is now a woman, as well.”

Boris asked, “Chang is still alive?”

Bob responded, “Yes. But, she is in a really bad situation. I will tell you later. You will probably get a good laugh out of it.”

Zangief spoke up, “Little student? You said this Rico woman had information dealing with us?”

Bob answered, “Rico did not go into the details. She said she knew your name, teacher. Also, she mentioned a title called, Street Fighter. I do not know what she was talking about.”

Boris stated, for Bob, “In my reality, and a few other realities, Street Fighter is a series of very good, arcade style fighting video games. They are popular. Very popular where I come from.”

Zangief turned to Boris. He realized, as he said, “So, your reason for coming to see me because was?...”

Boris turned to Zangief, as he cracked a grin. He admitted, “Yes. I am a big fan of yours.”

While Bob did not to show any outward signs of humor. So, as to not ruin the mood. He humorously thought, 'That explains so much.'

Zangief commented, “You won't be the first fan to come see me. Though, you came a lot further than most.”

Boris let out a laugh at Zangief's comment. He said, “I guess I did.”

Bob turned to Nataru, as he thought, 'I guess now is a good time to ask the question.' He inquired, “And you Nataru? How did you meet Zangief?”

Nataru answered, “I was hiding out in Siberia. While I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life. After everything that happened to me.” He turned to look at Zangief, as he continued, “And I met Zangief. I realized Zangief could teach me how to fight, and how to have better control over my more physical abilities.”

Zangief turned to Nataru, as he commented, “Nataru, I think we both learned a lot from working with each other.”

Nataru turned to Zangief, as he replied, “I agree.”

Bob stepped over to Boris' left side. He whispered into Boris' left ear, “So, you are a fan of Zangief. After six months of training with him, I can see why. What about your, captain?”

Boris softly replied, “When we played those games. She alternated between playing Chun Li, and M Bison.”

Bob made a mental noted, 'I am going to have to look up the Street Fighter series, sometime, on my laptop. If for any other reason then to find out who Chun Li and M Bison are. So, I can learn why Balalaika liked to play those characters, in those video games.'

Meanwhile, Dee Jay was becoming excited, at meeting Boris in person. He happily exclaimed, “I cannot believe it! I am standing in front of Boris of Hotel Moscow!” He turned to Boris, as he requested, “Can I have you autograph?!”

Boris turned to Dee Jay, as he calmly said, “Okay. But, no photos. That could get both of us into a lot of trouble.”

Dee Jay forced himself to calm down, as he conceded, “True. And we will deal with that, later. Now, let's get down to business.” He turned to Zangief, as he continued, “Zangief here says you need some help.”

Zangief turned to Bob, as he commented, “Actually, it is Bob who needs help.”

Bob turned to Dee Jay, as he said, “Yes. We need to rescue my girlfriend.”

Dee Jay chuckled, as he commented, “Boy, is that cliche.”

Bob thought, 'Touche.' He agreed, “No kidding. I am not asking you to do any of the fighting. We just need some equipment.”

Dee Jay smiled, as he said, “Okay. But, you either got to pay for it. Or, you got to earn it. And I don't take credit cards. Nor checks.”

Bob looked at Boris, Zangief, and Nataru. All of them shook their heads, at the unspoken question of if they had the money on them.

Bob looked back at Dee Jay, as he deflated. He asked, “Okay. Since cash is not an option. How would we earn it, Dee Jay?” He thought, 'I really hope we don't have to commit a crime.'

Dee Jay smile turned into a wicked grin, as he looked at the group of men standing in front of him. He answered, “I am feeling nostalgic. I have not seen a good, quality street fight, in person, in a while. And since Zangief has been training you three. I figure I could see one of you in a decent fight.”

“You don't even have you to win. A good showing will do. I am not expecting a lot. Just some entertainment. For old times sake. The question is, who will fight? Boris is out, because he is a trained soldier. I do not want one of my men permanently crippled, nor killed. It would degrade the loyalty my men have for me.”

“And I have seen Zangief fight. I have even fought him a few times. I doubt any of my men could move him. Let alone fight him. So, he is out.”

Zangief let out a laugh. He then pointed out, “Nataru is not such a good idea, either. But, Bob, my little student, is ready.”

Bob looked at Zangief. Zangief said to him, “You were suppose to become the muscle of your team.”

Boris and Nataru laughed at their private joke.

Bob thought, 'Damn! Damn! Damn! And I was hoping to avoid violence. Well, this is better than being forced to commit a crime. But, not by much. I guess, I got to bite the bullet and see what I am really worth. So, I can save Ed.'

Bob took off his shades, and put them into an interior pocket of his brown long coat. Next, he dropped his necklace under his shirt.

Bob turned to Dee Jay, as he stated, “Okay. I will fight one of your people. And long as that person is a human being, and not a super-soldier, nor cyborg. Especially, not both.”

Boris snorted.

Bob said, “And I prefer an adult man, with no weapons.”

Dee Jay smiled, as he said, “Bob, I will take your request, under advisement. Let us all step outside.”

Dee Jay walked around the four men, and headed for the closed door to his office. As he reached his door, he opened the door, and walked outside. With Zangief, Boris, Nataru, and Bob, following behind him.

Dee Jay came to a stop, ten feet from his office, as he looked at his crew, whom were working, throughout the warehouse. With the men and women of his crew either taking apart vehicles, or working on them. In comes case creating hot rods, for street racing.

Zangief, Nataru, Boris, and Bob stopped behind Dee Jay, as they fanned out behind him.

Dee Jay turned to Bob, as he said, “You're up.”

Bob did not response, as he walked passed Dee Jay, into an open area of the warehouse, near his friends.

Bob then came to a stop, fifteen feet from his friends, as he looked over at Dee Jay's employees, that were across the room from him, Dee Jay, and his friends.

Nataru commented, “You know, to be honest, I think Bob could take on five these guys.”

Bob heard the comment, and he turned around to look at them, which his mouth gaped open.

Bob stated, with mild surprise, and slight annoyance, “I did not hear what I just heard.”

Boris smiled, as he agreed, “Yes. I believe you are correct.”

Bob hissed, “You are not helping.”

Zangief said, “I approve this idea. Little student, I think you can handle them with ease.”

Dee Jay stated, “This works for me. You beat all five of them, or get them to quit on their own, and I will gladly help you.” Dee Jay then turned to the people in the room, as he yelled, “I need five guys to come over here and kick this man's ass! No weapons! And don't kill him!”

Bob just grunted, as he turned around, to looked towards Dee Jay's employees.

Bob watched at five men, of average to better than average physical builds, slowing approach him.

Bob also saw the other people behind the men, whom were also working on various cars, had stopped what they were doing, to watch the fight.

Bob thought, with concern, and a little worry, 'Time to show what I have learned. Against five people! Oh boy. This is not going to be fun. Though, I do have one question, that I need to have answered, before I fight.'

Bob while having his back turned to his friends, and Dee Jay, he asked, “Dee Jay. Am I being graded for originality? Or, grace?”

Dee Jay answered, “No.”

Bob lips curled into a wicked grin, as he replied, “Good”

Bob didn't wait one of them to attack. Instead, he rushed at the closest opponent. When he reached the man, Bob can to a stop, by applying the inertia of his rush into his left foot, as he slammed his left boot on the closest man's right foot.

Unfortunately, that man was wearing a tennis shoe.

Bob had immediately broken the man's foot, as the man let out a yelp of pain.

Bob quickly punched the man in the jaw, knocking him down.

Though, the other four men did not like the dirty trick that Bob had pulled. And they immediately rushed at him.

As the second man approached Bob, Bob was not quick enough to avoid the punch to his gut. But, all his training has toughened him enough to take the blow, and return, it with a light chop to the front of second man's throat. Bob used just enough force to temporally choke man, but not collapse the man's trachea, which would have killed the man.

Bob followed that with a knee to the second's man's stomach that knocked him to the ground.

When the third man reached Bob, he threw a punch at Bob's face, with his right hand. Bob caught the blow with this left hand and gripped it tight.

Bob then did an outward sweeping kick, with his left foot, against the the front of the man's legs.

The blow caused the mans feet to be knocked out from under him.

As the man fell forwards, Bob stepped out of the way, to his left side, as he continued to firmly hold the man's right fist in place, with his left hand.

The man continued to fall forward, and do the angle that Bob held the man's right arm, the man right shoulder to dislocate as he was dropped to the ground.

Bob let go of the man's fist as the man hit the ground. The man stayed on the floor, while he used his left hand to grip his right shoulder, as he whimpered.

By then, the fourth man had reached Bob, and he did struck at Bob with kick from his left foot.

Bob quickly stepped out of the way, to his left, as he turned, and caught the man's left knee with his left hand.

Bob then quickly planted his left boot on the man's left boot. Bob them slowly raised the man's left foot up higher and higher.

As Bob did so, man's scream of pain kept going up every increasing octaves, until Bob had forward the man to do a vertical split.

Bob overheard Nataru say, “Ouch.”

Bob let go of the man's knee, and the man fell to the floor, on his back, as he gripped his crotch, with both hands.

Bob then turned to the fifth man set against him. Whom had stopped ten feet from Bob.

Bob looked at the man's eyes, as he thought, 'I see fear in that man's eyes. Because, I am not giving them the cliche slug fest they were expecting. Instead, I am going for quick, crippling, painful attacks.

The man said, in english, “Look man. I just work here. I did not sign up to fight. Let my friend, and I, walked away.”

Bob smiled wickedly, as he replied, “That is up to your boss.”

Bob did not take his eyes off the man, as the man turned to his boss. The man requested, in english, “Dee Jay, can I yield? Or, do you want nearly your entire best pit crew sidelined for a week.”

Jay Dee shrugged, as he said, “You have a point there.” He looked over at Bob, as he stated, “You have proven you got what it takes. The fight is over. And you will receive my help.” He looked back at his men that had stood and watched the fight. He ordered, “Get those men some medical treatment.”

The men that were still standing went to check on their friends, and carefully took those that are injured, to receive medical treatment.

Meanwhile, Bob turned and walked over to where Zangief, Boris, Nataru, and Dee Jay were standing.

Boris and Nataru clapped, as Zangief emotionally complimented, with pride in his tone of voice, “I am so proud of you, little student. You have proven yourself very well.”

Bob came to a stop, as he turned to Zangief. He replied, “Thank you, teacher.”

By then, Boris and Nataru had stopped clapping.

Bob turned and looked at Dee Jay, as he thought, 'I hope he is happy. That was not the most skillful fight I have personally seen.'

Dee Jay looked over at Bob, as he stated, “Bob. You're technique is flawless. Unfortunately, you fight so dirty that if you tried those moves in a formal fight, you would be immediately disqualified on the street fighting circuit.”

Bob commented, “That does not really matter, in the long run. Dirty tricks won't work against the people I am after.”

Boris said, “It is wise that you understand that.”

Bob turned to Boris, as he stated, “That is why you are here, Boris.”

Boris just smiled, in response.

Dee Jay asked, “So, how can I help you?”

Bob answered, “We need a car. If you have one. I would prefer a nice convertible, with a left side driver's seat. One with good shocks. Considering who will be riding in it. Also, we could use a motorcycle, as well.”

Dee Jay said, “I can make that happen.”

Bob said, “And none of the vehicles can be immediately traceable by the Tokyo police department.”

Dee Jay replied, “That will only take a few minutes.”

Bob then looked at Nataru, and back to Dee Jay, as he requested, “And the number of a good tailor, in the city. Whom will work on short notice.”

Dee Jay smirked, “I have some of the best in town, on speed dial.”

Bob cracked a grin, as he replied, “Good.” He thought, 'I am sure that Nataru knows some decent hotels we can stay out. So, I will leave that up to him. I don't want to rely to heavily on Dee Jay's help. In case some of what he says he can offer us, falls though.'

Boris commented, “I need to talk to someone about acquiring some military grade, hand held radios, with frequency and encryption options. Along with the hand held radios being able to be hooked to a headset.”

Dee Jay said, “Those are rare items, to find, in the private sector.”

Boris said, “I only need a handful. Five at most.”

Dee Jay asked, “Five?”

Boris said, “In case one of them does not work. Or, I can use one of them as spare parts, to repair the other four radios.”

Dee Jay responded. “Okay. Give me a day. I should have something for you, by tomorrow.”

Boris calmly said, “That will be fine. Let's head back into your office, to work out the details to our plans.”

Dee Jay complimented, “Good idea.”

Dee Jay, Boris, Bob, Nataru, and Zangief, then headed back into Dee Jay's office, for some privacy. Zangief being the last inside, and he closed the door behind them.

The group of five men then worked out their plans, and started to prepare for what they needed to do.

(_)

Two evenings later, it was almost seven twenty PM, which was forty minutes before the appointed time that Bob had to meet with Rock, at the bar Rock's team had picked out.

The weather for the evening was clear, and the temperature was conformable.

Bob drove down the left side of street, in the very nice blue convertible Dee Jay have given them. The car had the steering wheel on the left side, until more vehicles in Japan. The car also had an automatic transmission, with the gear stick located on the right side of the steering column.

As Bob drove them at the speed limit, he had the hood and side windows of the vehicle lowered.

Bob had the same clothing he had on when he first met Dee Jay two days ago. He shades were over his eyes, his brown long coat was open, with his necklace around his neck, and the vial of his necklace could be seen over his shirt, on his chest.

In the front passengers seat was Nataru.

Nataru had on a nice black suit, and he had his items for his meeting.

Under the front passenger seat was Ed's laptop, which was fully charged.

In the middle of the backseat was Zangief, whom were wearing his hat and trenchcoat.

Boris was elsewhere.

Bob, Ed, and Boris' luggage were in the trunk of the car.

Bob found driving the highways and streets of Tokyo quiet easy, as Nataru instructed him on which streets to take, to avoid the traffic.

As Bob drove, he thought, 'This isn't so bad. The only two differences between driving between the U.S. and Tokyo is the direction the lanes go, along with the location of the driver's seat being reversed. And left turn, on a red light, with traffic, when the lane is clear, is not legal in Japan. I am glad I learned that off the internet, for a school repair, years ago.'

'Now, about the my team. If I think about it. My team is composed of a giant, though nice, thug. A bio-engineered alien killer. A badass that is a retired member of the Russian military and former member of a very dangerous mafia. And me. The brash, headstrong, young man.'

'We would make a pretty formidable team of villains if it wasn't for the fact we are here to rescue Ed, in the most nonviolent way possible. And none of us want to be a villain team. Boris has been there, done that. Nataru has more important interests. Crime has clearly never been Zangief's passion. And I know better. Though, with these badasses. If I need too. I am hoping I can turn the tables on Rock and her crew.'

'Now, to check on Boris.'

While Bob continued driving with his left hand on the wheel, and his eyes on the road in front of him, as he used his right hand he pulled out the hand-held, encrypted radio that Boris had given him, from an outside pocket, on the right side of his coat.

Bob thought, 'I am glad Boris showed up how to work these devices. And our radios are all turned on.'

Bob pressed the button to talk on it. He asked, “Are you set, Boris?”

On the other end of the encrypted channel, Boris answered, “Yes. I believe that this plan may work. I appreciate that consider myself and Zangief to be your plan B.”

Bob responded, “With luck, there will be no need for violence. Unless immediately threatened, Rock has always prided herself on trying to talk through her problems. And we will use that angle with her, to our advantage. Though, it is nice to have options to fall back on. Still, given the resources of our opponents, I believe escalation should be avoid as much as possible.”

Boris replied, “I agree. And given this is Rock. I believe that is a chance you may possibly be able to resolve this peacefully.”

Bob stated, “I am glad you think so. Now, about our plans. We have been over the route. Mapped out everything involved. So, if things goes sideways, we use our fall back plans.”

Boris asked, “Exactly. So, how far are you from dropping Nataru at Birdy's?”

Nataru, whom had been listening to the conversation, turned to Bob. He answered, “Around two minutes.”

Bob said, into his radio, “Nataru says, around two minutes. As soon as I am finished, I will head to the bar. Let us cross our fingers, and hope this plan works.”

Bob mentally reflected, 'I am glad we were able to find Birdy's address in the phonebook, and we do a dry run there. With Boris staking out the home, to confirm that it was Birdy at the home. He saw escorted her daughter outside, to be picked up by a family friend, to take her daughter to school.'

'And Dee Jay informants were helpful in confirming that was Birdy's daughter. I wonder how that came about. I will find out, later.'

'Also, later that morning, we did a few dry runs, of driving by her home, from a few different directions. With the hood and windows of this car up. All so we knew the route. Which decreased the chances of something going wrong.'

'We have not confirmed if Ed is inside. But, Birdy is not taking her daughter to school. Also, she has been on leave for a few days. With her staying at her home. This would support that she is watching someone. So, that does point to Ed being there.'

'Also, this is the only lead we have. If this lead does turn out to be a bust. Then, the plan shifts to Nataru convincing Birdy to help us. And I am sure, with Birdy and Nataru on our side. Rock, and her friends will back down.'

'But, I hope our situation does not come to that. I don't want to have to make an enemy of Rock and her friends. That would be a very bad idea. Though, if is comes down to it, I will do what is necessary to protect Ed, myself, my family, and my friends. Even from the Bloodhound, if need be.'

'Still, while I came up with this plan. And I won't admit it to the other. This plan does worry me. This could backfire on us in so many ways. But, there is no other way for us to get around Birdy. Save for a whole lot of massive damage, that would attract the wrong kind of attention towards all of us.'

Boris replied, “Agreed. Boris out.”

Bob put always his radio into his coat.

Zangief said, “Do not worry little student. I think your plan will work.”

Bob kept his eyes on the road, as he replied, “It better. Those three girls could be trouble.”

Zangief stated, “I can take care of myself.”

Nataru commented, “I do not know about you two. But, I am looking forward to my part of your plan. I am looking forward to seeing Birdy again.”

Bob cautioned, “As long as you do not rush thing, you will be fine.”

Nataru replied, “I will keep that in mind.”

Bob then noticed they were coming towards Birdy's home.

Bob stopped the car on the side of the road by where the sidewalk met the concrete walkway that lead to the front door to Birdy's home.

Bob turned to Nataru, as he stated, “Here we are.”

Zangief commented, “Let us hope she is home.”

Bob replied, “She should be. Dee Jay's local informants stated that she took a few days off, as a Tokyo police officer. Three days ago. Just before Ed was kidnap. And she has been at her home for that last few days. I believe she has Ed in there. And she is keeping an eye on her.'

'Along with this, her next shift does not start until midnight, tonight. That gives Rock four hours, after our meeting starts, to sort this out. With her having options, in case something comes up. So, either way. Ed will likely be leaving Birdy's home before midnight.'

“Also, Birdy has an eight year old daughter. So, we should tread lightly there.”

Bob thought, 'After I learned about Birdy having a daughter. All violence towards Birdy, at her home, went off the table. I am not going to hurt a child to get what I want.'

Nataru commented, “I agree. And I am trying to figure that one myself. I have seen the pictures Dee Jay's informants provided of Birdy's daughter. Barring the hair color, she looks exactly like Birdy when she was her age. But, the math does not work right. It would mean she would have been pregnant when we met. And trust me, I know she was not seeing anyone else. And while we did some kissing, and came close a few times. We did not do it, together.”

Zangief responded, “After everything we have learned so far, I think some questions are best left unanswered.”

Bob suggested, “While that is wise, Zangief. It might be best for you, Nataru, to act like you don't know that Birdy has a daughter.”

Nataru said, “I agree. Well, good luck with Rock and the others. From what I understand, you two will have the harder part of this plan.”

Bob cautioned, “Actually, Nataru, you have the harder job. Never underestimate the dangers of love and romance.”

Nataru smiled, as he agreed, “Too true. Too true.”

Bob commented, “Nataru. I would give you a radio, but chances are, it would sound at the wrong time.”

Nataru said, “With our luck. That is very likely. See you both, later.”

Nataru then opened his door and got out of the car, with his items in his left hand.

After Nataru closed the door behind him, he walked around the back of the car, to the sidewalk.

When Nataru made it to the sidewalk, Bob put the blue convertible in drive and drove away. Though, Bob was careful not to rev the engine, so as to not alert those inside the home to their presence.

Nataru then slowly walked down the concrete walkway to Birdy's front door.

When Nataru reached the front door, he let out a deep breath, where he stood. He then used his right hand to gently knock on the door.

A second later, Birdy, wearing an informal shirt, pants, and slipper, opened the door. She greeted him, in japanese, “Hello...”

Birdy then saw who it was. She did a double-take, as her jaw dropped in surprise.

It was Nataru, back to good health, wearing a fine suit.

Nataru gave Birdy a lopsided grin, as he said, in japanese, “Hello Birdy. Long time. No see.”

As Birdy found her voice again, she asked, “Nataru? How? Where have you been?”

Nataru answered, “I went back in time, saved your life, when you were a little girl. I found some people to help get my health back. Then, I bummed around the time steam for a while. I met some interesting people. And I finally found you. Here we are. And you look great. I even brought you gifts.”

Nataru held up as a bucket of ice, with a box of chocolates. In front of the box was a bottle of good, tasting champagne. In in front of the bottle were two wine glasses and a few roses.

Nataru lowered his items, back in his left hand, as he inquired, “So, how have things been you?”

The only words Birdy could find to say, were, “About the same.”

Nataru complimented, “I love what you have done with your hair. The color works for you.”

While Birdy found her mental footing, she right fingers down the right side of her dark blue hair, as she offered, “Thank you. Now, please come in. I want you to meet someone.”

Nataru replied, “Sure. But, to be honest Birdy. I am not here just to get back in touch with you. Though, that is a big part of it. I want to be up front about this. And completely out in the open about it. I am here to also talk you into releasing Ed.”

Nataru's comment shocked Birdy. She inquired, “You know about Ed?”

Nataru answered, “Yes. I have spent the last six months with Ed and her boyfriend, Bob, in Siberia. They are great people. And while I do not know how you got mixed up in this. What you did is wrong.”

Birdy conceded, “You are probably right. Still, how did you know I have Ed?”

Nataru stated, “Bob called a friend, who clued him in on who had Ed. Rock mentioned you name to her. Very sloppy on Rock's part. And from there, it was a matter of piecing things together. And I see that Bob was right. It gives us both a good excuse to see each other again.”

Birdy questioned, in a disappointing tone of voice, “So, this wasn't your idea?”

Nataru admitted, “I got to say, Bob has a very good imagination. I did not even know where you were. And I was not sure if I would get you into trouble, if I showed up on your doorstep. Once Bob helped me confirm that I would meet with you without getting you into trouble, I immediately jumped at the chance to see you.

Birdy asked, “You are not planning to fight me for Ed?”

Nataru firmly answered, “No. I came here because I still love you. And I want you to come to realize that letting Ed go is the right thing to do. As I said. I am not even sure how you got involved in this mess.”

Birdy conceded, “I am starting to believe I got suckered into this mess.”

Nataru warmly replied, “It is wonderful you realize that. I hope you agree that this is a good excuse for us to see where we still stand in our friendship. I am willing to give a try, if you are.”

Birdy thought over Nataru's offer for a few seconds. She then shrugged, as she said, “Oh, what the hell? Come inside, and meet my family.”

Nataru responded, “I would love too.”

Birdy then lead Nataru inside, and she gently closed the door behind them.

Birth lead Nataru to the living room.

When Nataru in reached the living room, Birdy and he, stood side by side, with Birdy to his right side.

Nataru looked around the room, and he saw a couch, a chair, and low coffee table. Across the room, and in front of the furniture was large wide screen TV mounted on a wall. Below the TV was an entertainment set up, hooked to the TV.

Nataru saw that some sort of sci-fi movie was playing on the TV, that featured a fat, green frog like creature, in royal clothing, sitting a small hovering chair.

In front the TV, a dark blue haired girl in a school girl's uniform, whom looked like a younger version of Birdy, was laying on her stomach. Her arms and hands propping up her chin, so she could looked at the TV screen, while her lower legs were held in the position of pointing upwards.

Beside the girl, to her left side, was Ed.

Ed was sitting crosslegged on the floor. Ed was wearing pants, t-shirt, and tennis shoes without socks.

Both girls by the TV were completely enthralled by the TV show on, and they did not noticed Birdy and Nataru come into the room.

Birdy noticed that Nataru was staring at the two girls. She stated, “What?... Do you expect me to have her tied up in the back room?”

Nataru turned to Birdy, as he smiled at her. He replied, “No. You are too classy for that, Birdy.”

Birdy giggled at Nataru's remark. She said, “We both know I can out run her. Also, I am now a Tokyo police officer, and she is an unregistered foreigner. Why should I worry about her escaping?”

Nataru inquired, “Point taken. So, you are no longer with the Federation police?”

Birdy answered, “No. And I was sick of doing modeling and idol work. And being a local police officer has some nice perks. Including, decent pay and benefits for myself and my family.”

Nataru questioned, “I guess that you would do well in such a job. And the guy you were sharing a body with?”

Birdy quietly said, in a depressed tone of voice, “Sadly our minds merged. But, one of us did not overwrite the others mind. It was more of a compound merging. I am just as much Tsutomu, as I am Birdy. It was not a pleasant experience. By the time it started to happen we are very emotionally close.”

Nataru said, in a comforting tone of voice, “I am sorry to hear that. And however you think of yourself, I will still be there for you.”

Birdy quietly replied, “Thank you, Nataru.” She then spoke slightly louder, as continued, in a happier tone of voice “Now, let me introduce to my daughter.”

Birdy turned to face the girls, as she said, “Girls. We have a visitor. An old friend of mine. His name is, Nataru.”

Both girls turned around, and sat up, as they faced Birdy and Nataru.

Ed immediately recognized Nataru, as she stated, in japanese, “Hi Nataru.”

Nataru turned to look at the two girls sitting on the floor. He asked Ed, in a calm tone of voice, “How are you, Ed?” He thought, 'I should not be surprised that Ed knows japanese. She is a genius, after all. Even by Alteran standards.'

Ed responded, “Ed is fine, for the moment.”

Birdy pointed at the dark blue haired girl beside Ed, as she stated, “The girl beside Ed is my daughter, Violin. She is eight years old. I know the math doesn't work. Her origins are rather complicated. I will tell you later, in private.”

Nataru turned to Birdy, as he commented, “I look forward to it.” He mentally added, 'And what isn't complicated in our lives?'

Violin said, “Nice to meet you, Nataru.”

Nataru turned to Violin, as he happily replied, “Nice to meet you, Violin.” He though, 'I wonder if she knows that Ed has been kidnapped. I doubt. Ed knows better than to cause trouble in this situation. And Birdy is clearly not happy about what she is done. So, I am not going to bring up the subject.'

Birdy stated, in a firm tone of voice, “Girls, I expect you to behave. Nataru and I have to talk, in private.”

Violin said, “Yes, mother.”

Ed replied, “Yes, ma'am”

Birdy the motioned for Nataru with her right hand, to follow her, as she said, “This way.”

Nataru then follow Birdy into another room, which was the kitchen and dinning area.

Birdy pointed at the dinning table, as she said, “You can set your items right there. Then sit down and we will talk.”

Nataru set his items on the table.

As Birdy made her way to the dining table, she said, “Thank you for not mentioning what is going on, to my daughter. She does know what has happened.”

Birdy then set down in a chair at the table, across from where Nataru was standing.

Nataru said, “I thought as much.” He thought, 'That answers that question.'
Birdy grabbed the box of chocolates, and pulled it out of the bucket. She then began to gently remove the wrapping to the box.

Meanwhile, Nataru pulled out the two wine glasses from his ice bucket. He set one of them down by Birdy, and the other across from her, where he planned to sit.

Next, Nataru pulled out the champagne bottle. He set the bottle on the table. After which, he pulled out a bottle open, from his right pants pocket. And he used the bottle opener, to open the bottle.

Once the bottle was open, Nataru set the bottle opener down, with the cork still screwed into the opened.

Nataru then picked up the champagne bottle, and he pour some of the sparkling wine, first in Birdy's glass, then into his own glass.

By then, Birdy had opened the box of chocolates, and she had sampled a few of the treats inside.

After chewing and swallowing a few pieces of the chocolates, Birdy complimented, “These are not bad.”

Nataru set the open champagne bottle in the bucket of ice, allowing the wine to breath, as he replied, “Thank you.”

Nataru then sat down in his chair, across the table from Birdy. He held up his wine glass, as he toasted. “To a better future.”

Birdy held up her wine glass, as she returned the toast, “To a better future.”

Then, both of them took a sip from their glasses, before setting their glasses down on the table.

Birdy leered at Nataru, as she dared, “Now Nataru, here is your shot at trying convince me to release Ed, while you woo me. So, thrill me.”

Nataru genuinely smiled at Birdy, as he said, “I aim to try.”

So began the rekindled courtship of Birdy Cephon and Nataru Shinmyou.

(_)

It was sunset outside of the bar Rock had decided for her to meet Bob at.

When facing the bar, the front and right walls of the bar, were panel glass, above the waist lave. Also, the double-doors, which were also had glass on them.

The doors themselves were located on the front wall of the bar, towards the middle right side of the building.

When entering the bar, the bar counter and stools, were located direction behind the doors. The stools were made of strong metal, with cushioned seats.

Behind the bar wall, was the freeze, storage, and office areas.

There were tables and chair on the interior sides building, and cushioned booths, with tables, set against the windows.

Inside the bar, Rock was sitting, facing the entrance, at a booth, with the window to her right side. The booth she was located at at, as half way between the entrance, and the hallway that lead to the restroom, on the left part of the building.

Rock was wearing her usual dress clothing of a white long sleeved blouse, dark pants, and black slippers. She had her gambler's rig, with her sonic shotgun, hidden on the under side of her right wrist, beneath her right sleeve.

Except for a few people in the room, along with the bartender, and Rock, herself, the restaurant was deserted.

As Rock looked around, she saw the bartender was standing behind the bar counter. That there was someone on the far end of the room, at he side of bar counter facing the right wall of the room. And, a few booths behind her, there was a small group, sitting with their back to the wall.

Rock then turned to look at her analog, quartz watch, on her left wrist. She noted that it was eight PM sharp, as she thought, 'We got here ten minutes ago. So, where is Bob? Rico stated that he liked to be on time. I hope he isn't foolish enough to try something.'

Just then, from the corner of her left eye, Rock noticed someone with a brown long coat walk up to her front behind, and sit across from her, in booth, on the cushioned seat, across the table, from the cushioned seat she was sitting at.

Rock saw that the person was Bob.

Rock could not hide her expression, as she stated, in english, in surprised, “Bob!”

Bob casually greeted her, in english, “Hi Rock.”

Rock thought, 'He slipped behind me. How could he slip behind me? There are no open doors, from the outside, leading the way he had come.” She forced herself to calm down, as she asked, “How did you get behind me?”

Bob answered, “I came here twenty minutes ago. And I stayed in men's restroom. I saw no reason why any of you girls would bother to go in the men's restroom. Then, I just waited until it was time to meet you.”

Rock thought, 'Of course. Simple. But, an effective way to rattle me.'

Bob suggested, “Since neither of us are sure how long the other has been here. Nor, what the other has done while here. Let us forgo the Princess Bride gag, and skip the drinks. You could have bribed the bartender to poison me. I could bribed the bartender to poison you. We could have both bribed the bartender to poison both of us. Now, that would be both funny, and tragic.”

Rock thought, 'Bob's mind is a like steel genre trap. Considering where he worked, that is not surprising. A good seller knows his products. He also probably has a good idea of what to expect from me.'

Rock agreed, “You are right. Let us not order drinks.”

Bob responded, “Good. Also, let us agree not to be violent against each other. I have done nothing to warrant any violence by you against me. And even thought you kidnapped my girlfriend, I don't think being violent with you would be wise. Besides, along with the super-soldier serum, and your own badassness. My attacking of a woman would look bad for me. And it would piss off all the wrong people.”

Rock mentally grumbled, 'I sometimes hate being right. He is setting down the ground rules, for this meeting, before I had the chance too. He is intelligent enough to know that threatening me is not going to help his in this situation. And he is using both his savviness, and likely his knowledge of myself, against me. He likely believes that if he is not violent with me, I will not be violent with him. That I prefer to try to solve problems diplomatically. And he is right.'

Rock said, “I will honor your request.”

Bob replied, “Thank you.”

Rock thought, 'Now. Let's see if I can rattle you.' She pointed out, “Yet, for a man who stole Malcolm Reynolds' brown long coat, you seem to want to avoid violence.”

Bob calmly responded, “I have no respect for jackasses. And let us agree that Mal can sometimes be a true jackass. In my case, he was a jackass towards me in threatening to harm me. So, I took his coat.”

Bob thought, 'And I am glad it fits me. And that it looks good on me.'

Rock thought, 'Now bad. I got a reaction. Even it is was only a small reaction.'

Rock said, “That is true. Mal can be a jerk. Still, I am going to make sure your return that coat to him. Though, I will make sure he won't kill you over the matter. Along with this, we will be discarding vial of martian soil. And you will turn over your new laptop computer, with that deluxe package that was installed on it. That collection of knowledge is too dangerous for any single multiverse traveler to have access too.”

Rock thought, 'Unless, it is my family, and friends.'

Bob thought, 'Given much of that information is from what I told Rico. I should not be surprised that Rock would also know this. Though...' He raised an eyebrow, as he stated, “My, you really like to start things off, quickly.”

Rock replied, “I like to get to the point. So, are you here to surrender?”

Bob flatly answered, “No.”

Rock smirked, “I am truly sorry to hear that.” She spoke a little louder, as she stated, “Ladies.”

From Bob's point of view, he saw three people in trenchcoats, and cowgirl hats, sitting side by side each other, in the back booth, with their backs to the wall, by the hallway leading to the restrooms, slide out of their booth, one by one. With each of them coming to stand in the aisle between the booths and the table.

Bob mentally cursed, 'This is not good. I must have missed them as I walked out of the restroom. Rock probably had them sit there because I would likely miss them. And I got a bad feeling that I know who they are.'

As all three individuals stood, they dropped their trenchcoats onto their table, and two of the three dropped their cowgirl hats onto their table, to reveal they were Ranma, Natsuru, and the blond woman.

All three were women, with Ranma wearing her red chinese clothing and two golden bracers on her arms. Natsuru was in her white and black seifuku. And the blond was in her yellow and brown cowgirl outfit, with her shades, cowgirl hat on.

Bob saw that the blond woman had her weapons sheathed and holstered on her clothing.

Bob mentally yelled, 'Damn! I was right! I should have seen this coming. This is definitely not good!'

While all three women slowly approached Bob and Rock, Bob turned to Rock, as he accused, “I thought we agreed to no violence.”

Rock smirked, as she said, “This is not violence. This is aggressive negotiation. Besides, you could always choose not to resist.”

The three women approaching them began to giggle.

Bob pointed out, “You are quoting Anakin Skywalker. AKA, Darth Vader. That is not a wise person to quote.”

The giggling by the three women, walking towards him, turned into full blown laughter, as they came closer to Rock and Bob.

Rock thought, 'I think that is it best that I do not mention to Bob that we personally know Annie. I am not sure how he would react to that knowledge. Or, the realization that I could call Annie in on him. He would probably do something foolish, if he learned such things in a situation like this.'

Rock continued smiling, as she said, “What can I say? The quote seemed to fit the mood.”

Bob frowned, as he stated, “Fine. You want this that way? Two can play at this game.” Bob raised his voice a bit, as he requested, “I could use a little help here.”

It was Rocks' turn to watch, in front of her, as across the room, she saw a large man in a tenchcoat and hat, at the bar counter, turned to face her.

Rock then saw the man get up from his metal bar stool. With him calmly walking towards her.

Bob noticed, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira stopped walked towards him and Rock, as Rock, and the three other women started to have looks of worry on their faces.

When the large man reached Bob's side of the table, he took off just his hat. And he set his hat on the table, in the booth, right behind Bob.

The large man then turned to face Rock, and the three other women.

Rock looked up at the large man, as she exclaimed, “Zangief! You have Zangief with you!”

Rock thought, 'I knew from the girls' stories that the some of the various of Street Fighter series existed in this reality. But, I though Chang captured them all. Still, of all the people for Chang to miss, it had to be this walking brick wall of muscles. And how did Bob end up meeting him?'

Bob chuckled.

Zangief smiled, while saying, in a thick russian accent, in english, “She seems to have heard of me.”

The three women, and giant, then sized up each other.

Natsuru asked, in japanese, “Who is this guy?”

The blond commented, in japanese, “Yea. This guy is huge.”

Rock answered, in english, “His name is Zangief. Do not underestimate him.”

Bob thought, 'Figures Rock would know about Zangief, considering Boris did. She probably spoke english for both my benefit, and Zangief's benefit. As a way for her to subtly let Zangief know that she knows who he is, and that she respects his abilities.'

'On another note. It is interesting that the blond woman knows japanese. The mystery depends with her.'

Ranma turned to Rock, as she grinned. She said, in english, “Not to worry, Rock. I know him.” She then turned to the giant, as she greeted him, “Hello Zangief. It has been a while.”

Zangief looked over at Ranma, as he responded, in english, “Hello Ranko. I have not see you since that fight between Ryoga and I.”

Bob did not show any reaction on the outside. Though, he inwardly smiled, as he thought, 'And Zangief continues to prove how he likes to play the giant mook role to the hilt, by not letting Ranma, nor the others know, that he knows the truth about them.'

Ranma grin curled into a smirk, as she stated, “Yea. He kicked your ass.”

Zangief inquired, “Yes. And I left to train. And I since gotten a lot stronger and tougher. You would be surprised at the power of those I have trained with. I have learned how to fight with the best of them. I now feel that. If I wanted too. I could defeat Ryoga with ease. As such. I was wondering. Have you seen him around? I look forward to challenging him again.”

Ranma answered, “Nope. Last I saw him, he was with Ryu. But, I would love to see what you can do, now.”

Zangief offered, “I would be more than happy to show all three of you ladies what I can do at once. But, I suggest we take this outside.”

Bob saw Ranma, Natsuru, and the blond woman look over at Rock.

From the corner of Rock's left eye, she saw her three friends looking at her. She turned to look at them. She gave them permission, by saying, “Go.”

While the three women, and giant man turned and started walking towards the exit to the restaurant, Bob turned to the three women, whom were next to him, as he stated, “Ladies. I would likely recommend not hitting Zangief in the groin. I have seen first hand that doing so will only make him angrier. And it opens yourself up to a whole world of pain.”

Bob mentally reflected, 'Nataru found that out the hard way, when he did a wrestling move on Zangief, that went wrong, and he accidentally hit Zangief hard in the nuts.'

'It took both Boris and I, five minutes, to get Zangief off of Nataru, and calmed him down. Fortunately, Nataru's alien hide was tough enough to take the punishment, but it is the only time I have ever seen Zangief angry before. And he is terrifying when angry.'

'I hope to never see him like that again. Also, after he calmed down, he apologized to Nataru's for his actions. And he said that if such an accident happened again, he would try to be more understanding. Nataru accepted Zangief's apology, and all three of us made sure, while sparring Zangief, that no such accidents happened again.'

While Ranma, Nataru, and the blond woman passed by Bob, Ranma turned to Bob, as she stated, “We will keep that in mind.”

After the four of them walked out the door, Rock turned to Bob. She complimented, “Well played, Bob.”

Bob looked over at Rock, as he replied, “Thank you. I was inspired my the presence of a master.”

Rock genuinely laughed for a few seconds, at Bob's response.

As Rock stopped laughing, she suggested, “Let's table our conversation for a moment. And see how these four people fair against each other.”

Bob said, “Sure.” He thought, 'It will give Nataru more time to convince Birdy to let Ed go. Besides, I am not sure how long I can keep this conversation going. So, I am open to any stalling tactics I can get away with.'

Both of them then watched, through the windows, as Zangief, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, made the way from the front of the bar, to the right side of the bar, where the parking lot for the building, was located.

(_)

Outside the bar, the four adults walked into the center of the nearby parking, on the right side of the building. There was no one else in the parking lot. With only two vehicles parked directly by the bar walk.

The four of adults walked all the way over to the far side of the parking lot, to avoid damage to them.

They soon came to a stop, with Zangief and the three women, facing each other, ten feet apart.

The three women stood together, side by side. With Ranma on the right side of the three of their. Nataru was on the left side of the group. And the blond woman was in the middle.

Zangief looked around, and he saw the parking lot faced the streets at two angles. The first was facing the front of the bar, the other angle was the parking lot's opposite side from the bar.

Zangief also noticed there was a large, six story, office building behind him, which was flush with the back side of the parking lot.

Zangief then turned to the three women, as he inquired, “So, are you three happy with this spot, for our little sparring session.”

Ranma said, “Yes. This looks like a good spot to fight.”

Zangief replied, “I agree.”

Zangief then took off his trenchcoat and threw it to the ground. He then showed off that he was only wearing red boots, a red speedo, and red cloth bracelets, with yellow borders, on his wrists.

A few seconds later, Zangief began to flex his pecs in front of the three women, as he thought, 'This should loosen the tension. In more ways than one.'

All three women just stared at the hulking example of masculinity in front of him.

Natsuru simply said, in english, “Whoa.”

Akira thought, 'Wow. What a package.' She complimented, in english, “Zangief, not many men can wear something like that in public. But, you pulled it off well.”

Zangief stopped flexed, as he looked at the three women. He warmly smiled at them, as he replied, “Thank you.”

Natsuru offered, “Zangief, not insult intended, but I know some hot girls, that throw some wild parties. And they could be more than happy to have you come over, as a stripper. And trust me. They tip big. Mostly in gold.”

Zangief shrugged, as he coyly replied, “I will think about. Though, I happen to prefer more masculine company.”

Ranma coyly commented, “Zangief, is a russian bear, in more ways than one.”

Akira understood what Ranma meant, as she replied, “Oh.”

Nataru inquired, “So, you are attracted to men?”

Zangief flatly stated, “Yes. I like men, in that way. Preferably, strong men.”

Nataru commented, “No problem. More power to you.”

Akira said, “Yes. We do not mind.”

Zangief replied, “Thank you.” He thought, 'Given two, at least two of these women are. And maybe even the third woman. That they would be open minded, on such matters.'

Ranma turned to Natsuru, as she asked, “So, are you talking about the former member of the Hell Sabers?”

Natsuru looked over at Akira, as she answered, “Just because they tried to kill us, doesn't mean that we can't be friends. Half of my friends have tried to kill my at least once, as one point or another in my life.”

Ranma conceded, “The same can be said for myself. And over half of them are already Akira's friends.”

Akira inquired, “True.” She turned to Zangief, as she continued, “But, could he survived such an experience with them?”

Ranma cracked a grin, as she looked at Zangief. She stated, “I am sure he can. I think he is one of the few men in the multiverse that could survive a wild party by those four women, and their friends. Though, I make no guarantees on his mental health, afterward.”

Natsuru turned to Zangief, as she commented, “I just don't want to have to pay for any unnecessary medical bills.”

Zangief rolled his eyes, as he thought, 'Women... And those men that turned into women. Ranma was not like this when we first met. Years ago. Something much have changed with him... err her... whatever. And if Ranma is any indication, it seems that the men that literally turned into women, eventually become women in mind.'

'Now, that is a scary thought. I do not even want to think about what happened to all my friends that were captured by that monster, Chang. Still, this is getting a little ridiculous. We need to either start fighting, or find a different topic of discussion, then on how well I would survive a party with a bunch of women.'

Zangief looked back at the three women, as he continued his thoughts, 'Still, these three act like a married threesome.... Maybe they are... Well, time to put my foot down.'

Zangief sternly said, “Ladies. Are we going to fight? Or, are we going to talk? I really do not care which. As long as you are away from my little student. I am happy, either way.”

Akira asked, “Little student?”

Zangief answered, “Bob.”

Ranma questioned, “Bob is your student? How good is he?”

Zangief replied, “He is not in our class. Yet. But, he is getting there. He took on five average men a couple of days ago and won both quickly and brutally. And he was able to take a blow to the gut by one of them, in stride.”

Akira replied, “That is not bad. He may be actually able to put up a fight, if we face him again.”

Zangief commented, “Perhaps. He really is not one for fighting. He only took lessons from myself, because his girlfriend, Ed, convinced him it was a good idea.”

Ranma snorted. She then stated, “That figures. By the way, what is the deal between him and that skinny redhead? Because, I just don't see it.”

Zangief stated, “I am not sure, myself. But, they do care for each other.”

Akira gained a mischievous grin, as she asked, “Have they done it yet?”

Zangief responded, “I do not believe so. And it is not a matter for us to discuss. That is their personal business.”

Ranma turned to her two loves, as she asked, “Okay, who is going to take him on, first?” She then turned back to look at Zangief.

Zangief offered, “I would prefer all of you at once. It would make things quicker, for all of us.”

Ranma replied, “Fine. Who attacks him first?”

Natsuru volunteered, “I will, Ranma. I have been meaning to test out some of the moves you taught me.”

Zangief got in a defensive stance, as he stated, “Whenever you are ready.”

Natsuru charged at Zangief. She did a jump, to perform a flying kick, at Zangief's face. As she did the kick, her left leg tucked in, while she extended her right leg outward.

Zangief quickly leaned to the side, as he used his right hand to catch Natsuru's right leg. He then used Natsuru's own momentum, while he spun around clockwise, to force Natsuru out of her mid-flight stance, with her extending her entire body, as she went in a circle around Zangief.

When Zangief turned back to face the other two women, he let go of Natsuru, causing the magical girl's body to be thrown at the two other women.

Ranma was quick enough to step out of the way, of Natsuru, but Akira was not, as Natsuru fell on top of her, sending them both to the ground.

Zangief looked down at Natsuru, and Akira, as he complimented, “Your form, and attack, were good. But, you need some work on not telegraphing your attacks.”

As Natsuru and Akira stood back up, Natsuru replied, “Thank you.”

Natsuru turned to her lovers, as she said, “He is faster than he appears to be. And he has a vise like grip.”

Ranma said, “I got this.”

Ranma then ran towards Zangief. When she reached the giant man, she began punching and kicking him, while doing her best to avoid Zangief's own attacks.

To Ranma's surprise, Zangief took several of her punches and kicks at full forced, without showing any signs of injury, nor pain.

This continued until Zangief got a lucky punch that hit Ranma in the gut, knocking the wind of her, as she went flying back towards Natsuru and Akira. With her landed to the right side of Natsuru and Akira.

Ranma stood up, and got her wind back, as she stated, “You are right, Zangief. You are tougher and stronger than before. I believe that now, you would be a handful for Ryoga.”

Zangief smirked, as he replied, “Thank you for the vote of confidence, Ranko. Whose next?”

Akira said, “I guess I am.”

Zangief offered, “You may use your weapons, if you want too.”

Akira stated, “I am not going to use my guns against an unarmed opponent.” She then unsheathed both her long knives. While holding the hilt of each knife in her two hands, she continued, “But, my knives are another matter, entirely.”

Akira then charged, at Zangief.

As the blond bought down both her blades in one fluid slashing attack. Though, Zangief blocked the attack with his bare right forearm.

When the blades made contact with Zangief's right forearm, and they did not move.

Akira pulled her knives back to see that her very sharp blades had not even cut into Zangief's hide, on his right forearm.

Akira kept looked at Zangief, as she stated, “You are correct. He is tough.”

Zangief cautioned, “It might be best to back off, before you get hurt.”

Akira just nodded, as she sheathed her weapons, and walked back to where her lovers were standing.

Natsuru lips curled into a wicked smile, as she said, “If knives do not hurt you. I doubt a fireball will seriously injure you. Let alone, kill you.”

Natsuru threw a fireball at Zangief.

Zangief quickly backhanded the fireball safely away him, with his right hand.

The backhanded fireball then exploded in the air, away from any people, or buildings.

The eyes of the three women went wide.

Akira asked, “Did I just see that?”

Natsuru said, “Yes. You did.”

Ranma stated, “Zangief. I do not remember you being able to do that.”

Zangief commented, “I only use that technique when I have too.”

Ranma said, “I would love to learn that trick.”

Zangief responded, “I believe you have already had too many teachers to learn from, as is. This is one technique that you will not learn.”

Ranma smirked, “Okay. I will just show you something that I already know, that I also rarely get the chance to use.”

Ranma turned to her two lovers, as she said, “Get back, guys. I got this.”

Akira and Natsuru walked back several feet from her.

Ranma turned to face Zangief, as she created a tornado, that knocked Zangief off his feet and toward the wall a nearby building.

Unfortunately, while in the air, Zangief smiled, as he reorientated himself to where he landed on his feet, against the wall of the building, that had been behind him. He then vaulted from the wall, back to the ground, while doing a flip, and he landed on his feet, right where he had been standing.

Zangief shivered for a few seconds, but he otherwise didn't show any signs of being effected by the blast.

Zangief stated, “I have not felt this cold since I got caught in a blizzard, in the dead of the Siberian winter... That attack makes me feel homesick.”

Ranma's eyes went wide at what she saw. She thought, 'He took a direct Heaven Blast and it didn't even faze him. Attack does not make a person feel like they are hit by a brick all, as they are carried into the air, but they are also suppose to feel freezing cold as well.'

'I guess, with all the training in toughen him up to the point that the hit would not effect him. And given he is from russian. The cold part would barely faze him, either.'

'And this means...'

Ranma said, “Guys. I think we are in real trouble, here.”

Zangief smirked, as he said, “My turn.” He then charged at the three women.

(_)

Meanwhile, inside the bar, Bob and Rock had been sitting in their both, as they decided to table their conversation, as they watched the start of the fight with Zangief, against Ranma, Natsuru, and the blond woman.

They could see the fight from across the room, through the windows, that faced Rock. While Bob had to turn his body around in his seat, to watch the fight.

As Bob continued to watch the fight taking place outside of the bar. He stated, “Whoa. Now, that is a fight.”

Rock continued to look out the windows, across the room, as well. She commented, “You are correct about that. I am surprised that Zangief is doing so well.”

Bob coyly said, “Let's just put it this way. He has had the opportunity to train with some very strong people. And it shows.”

Rock agreed, “That it does.”

Bob turned around, to face Rock, with him move his body around, to properly sit back in his both. After he got comfortable, he turned to look at Rock. He then inquired, “Now. Back to the business at hand. Before we going any further. I have to ask. Is Revy here, with you?”

Rock looked over at Rock, as she thought, 'Bob, that is good question to restart the conversation of with. And there is no reason to lie about this question.'

Rock honestly answered, “No. Revy, nor any of the other Black Lagoon women are here... Except for myself. Since I guess I now count on that list.”

Bob let sigh of relief. He then said, “We will consider that a compliment, and move on.”

Rock thought, 'That is a tactful response.' She asked, “Fine with me. So, what have you been up to, Bob? For these last six months?”

Bob cracked a grin, as he stated, “Training, Rocky Four style. And I am a lot better hand to hand combat. Though, I am not saying I am great at it.”

Rock thought, 'That likely explains where the fifty thousand dollars went. And Zangief is likely his teacher.'

Bob took off his shades, and put them in an interior coat pocket, as he looked Rock directly in her eyes. Bob flatly said, “Now, Rock. You have gone to a lot of trouble to get me to come here. Including, kidnapping my girlfriend. Which pisses me off. I would berate you for knowingly being the bad guy, except we both know you have already admitted to being the bad guy. On a number of occasions.”

Rock giggled evilly, as she smirked. She said, “You got that right.”

Bob asked, “Still. I can understand you going after, Ed. With her reputation, I can see why you came after her. But, none of you knew she was even if this reality, until you came after me. So, why are you after me, in the first place? I am just a nobody from Colorado.”

Rock pointed out, “That is exactly why I am after you. You are a virtual unknown. You are not a fictional character to a series. Unlike the rest of us. You are just some guy whom stumbled into this mess. And on your first outing into the multiverse. Which everyone agrees was by accident. You proved yourself formidable.”

“Sure. You are not a badass... Yet. But, you are clearly getting there. And you have shown yourself as clever as I am. Also, you know a lot about us, with you already using that knowledge against some of us.”

“You are a wildcard, Bob. Nobody knows where you stand. That is probably why Ed likes you. And you two together could be an extreme danger towards the multiverse.”

Bob countered, “You are one to talk. I am not the one shacked up with a dangerous, sociopathic killer.”

Rock frowned, as she replied, in a dangerous tone of voice, “I will let that one go.”

Bob flatly responded, “Okay. You want to know where I stand. I just want to have some fun. That is it. I want to see the sights that I could only previously dream about, while reading books, and watching various series. Both fiction and nonfiction. I want to go to the places that touched my heart as a child. That is all.”

“You should just let Ed and I be.”

Rock said, “I cannot do that, Bob.”

Bob stated, in an annoyed tone of voice, “Why not? Do you realize how damn cliche you sound? All of this could have been avoided if you had just been patient. If you had let me have my date that Friday night. Which, by the way, was the first date I ever had. And I blame you, and the others, for ruining it.”

Bob smiled, as he continued, “Though, it was not the last date I ever had.”

Bob dropped his smile, as he went onto say, “Still, the next morning. If Rico had called my home, and explained to me the situation. Instead of refusing to do so, on the phone. I would have come into Rico's store. We would have talked. And we would likely have reached a comprise. Instead, you had to drag this out. When we could have had an arrangement six months ago.”

Rock thought, 'I wonder. He still might be open to an arrangement.' She inquired, “Is it too late for an arrangement?”

Bob countered, “Maybe. Maybe not. As long as Ed has not been harmed, there is still a chance we can settle this peacefully. Rico did not tell me a lot. But, I got a general idea of what you can bring to the table against me. I would like to avoid that. So, what is your offer?”

Rock thought, 'I will give him this. He realizes the situation he is in. He has an overall understanding of the resources I could bring against him. And he wisely wants to avoid such trouble.'

Rock stated, “Here is my offer. You will turn over the items I already stated. Ed has her memory wiped of her time here, and she is sent back to the Cowboy Bebop reality. We also brainwash you with some rules, to keep you from getting into trouble, and we strictly monitor your traveling. If this fails, we memory wipe you as well, and we put you back in your dull life. Or, we just kill you.”

Bob chuckled, a dangerous chuckle. He stated, “You know? I find your offer to be deeply hypocritical. Still, I will concede that it was you, and your girlfriend that opened my eyes to the true reality around us. Many things can be said about your girlfriend, Revy, but she does have a way of opening people's eyes.”

Rock agreed, “You got that right.”

As the two adults talked, a woman, in her early twenties, walked into the bar. She then sat at a stool, at the bar counter, across the room, facing Rock, with Bob's back to her.

As Rock looked at Bob's face, she saw the woman from the corner of her eye.

Meanwhile, Bob cracked a grin, as he went onto say, “Like you said in your series. It was like me two and a half years ago. I was asleep, and then all of a sudden, brushing up against you and Revy, had awoke me to what really was going on with everything. Now, I am awake, and I am not going back to sleep. I feel alive more than I have in my entire life. I am alive now, because of Ed, Rico, you, and Revy. I thank you four for that.”

Rock replied, “You're welcome.”

Bob responded, “But, I am not going to let you close my eyes, again. I have already lived too much to surrender, now. To give you an idea of what my life I has become. I took a five thousand feet drop in the air, without even checking my parachute, because I felt alive. When I was faced with the problem of getting from Mars to Earth within two day. I did not ask myself if I could cross that distance in that time. I asked myself how I would accomplish that task.”

“Also, there is still the matter of you kidnapping my girlfriend. And after you did that, you want me to trust you with my mind? You are not this dense, Rock.”

Rock begrudgingly conceded, “True.” She thought, 'I admit. That request was a long shot.'

Bob stated, “Besides, Rico made it clear that your brainwashing does not really work for long against those that fight the programing. Also, Ed is the first girl that has literally, in the entire multiverse, shown any romantic interest in me. I am not going to give up the best thing happening in my life. And no, we haven't done it, yet.”

Rock asked, “So, what are you looking for, in this conversation? Payback? Revenge?”

Bob answered, “Rock, I am not looking for payback, nor revenge. The reason I am here is that I am just trying to avoid a fight, and save Ed. I could careless about everything else. We could both walk away from each other for the rest of our long lives. And never see each other again. And I could live with that.”

“So, here is my counter offer. You back off. Ed stays with me. We keep our stuff. We try to stay out of trouble. Within reason. We are dealing with Murphy's Law here. And I check in within you on a scheduled place, time, and reality. To let you know where we have been, along with getting your input on a few places we may like to go. I am not a fool. I am sure there are realities that literally look good on paper, but are too dangerous to go to.”

“So, what do you say?”

Rock remained silent for a few seconds, as she thought about Bob's offer.

Bob thought, 'At least she is thinking about my counter offer.'

Rock then stated, “While, I admit that is a tempting offer. I cannot accept your offer, on those terms.” She thought, 'And it was really tempting.'

Bob thought, 'Damn.' He joked, “Well dear. If you want the Mercedes, you are first going to have to earn it.”

Rock warned, “Don't try channeling John Crichton. I personally know the man.”

Bob slyly smiled, as he stated, “Really? Rico did not mention him.”

Rock mentally cursed, 'Damn.'

Meanwhile, Rock noticed that, while the bartender was minding his own business, the woman at the bar counter was listening in our their conversation, and she had started giggling at their exchange.

Rock asked, “Bob. Do you really think you can take us on? I am on good terms with the badasses of my reality. And they are only the tip of the iceberg of what I could bring against you.”

Bob countered, “I am sure you are not bluffing. Though, ask Zangief. He will tell you that I am a fast learner. And while I do not want to. I am sure. With a little help. I could take you down.”

Rock saw that at the counter, the woman's giggles turned to light laughter.

Though, Rock kept her attention on Bob, as she stated, “You do not know what the future holds, Bob. This could turned out very well, or badly for you.”

Bob grinned from ear to ear, as he said, “Actually, I do know what the future holds for myself.”

Rock saw the woman at the bar counter laughing even louder.

Bob stated, “While I was on Mars, I met my future self. I guess he was around two decades older than myself. I also met Ed's future self. She looked great for her age. And she is still my girlfriend in the future. That is how I know it will likely workout well for us. But, I am taking things slow with us. Just in case. And there was even another woman with my future self. A business partner. She had a wonderful personality. And she was almost as hot as Ed.”

Rock thought, 'Judy at Jayray's electronics must have been talking about Bob's future self, and this other woman. I doubt she was talking about Ed. Ed just has that look and personality, that whom ever meets her, they remember everything about her.'

Bob continued, “Though, I admit to my bias when it comes to Ed. The irony is. I was never really crazy about her when I watched the Cowboy Bebops. Only after I got to know her, in person, as an older teenager, that I found I really like her. I dare say. I may even love her. Anyway, my future self is a badass, with a hot, loving girlfriend. Good friends. And a good life. I want to to be that badass. I will be that badass. And I will not let you stop me.”

Rock joked, “Now, who is the cliche one?”

Meanwhile, Rock noticed the woman was laughing even harder.

Bob replied, “Touche... One second, please”

Bob turned around, looked at the woman, as he yelled, “Do you mind?! We are having a private conversation here!”

The woman nodded, as she went quiet.

Bob turned back to sit straight in his seat, as he looked at Rock. He said, “I loath eavesdroppers. Doing so is just so rude.”

Rock said, “I agree.”

Rock then saw the bartender come up to the woman. The woman pulled out her ID, and handed it to the bartender. The bartender did a double-take, and talked to the woman for a few seconds. He then handed the ID back to her, and he walked away from the woman.

Bob turned around, to look outside the windows, behind him, at the battle between Zangief and the three women. He commented, “You know, Rock. I am surprised that Zangief can hold his own against Ranma, Natsuru, and that blond woman, for this long.”

Rock looked out the window, at the fight, as well, and saw what Bob meant. She looked back at Bob, as she stated, “It is not surprising. Zangief can take a lot of punishment. Wait a minute, you know about Ranma and Natsuru from that deluxe package. But, you don't know who the blond is?”

Bob turned back around in his seat, to face Rock. He answered, “No. I do not know who she is.”

Rock giggled. She then said, “It is going to be fun when you find out.”

Bob replied, “I look forward to it.” He then noticed the time on the clock, above the wall, behind the bar counter, to his right side.

Bob began getting out of his seat, as he stated, “Well, it looks it is my move.” He thought, 'In a few minutes, it is time to pick up, Nataru and Ed. And I need to start to head over there, with Zangief.”

“I hope they had better luck with Birdy, than I did with Rock. Though, I am not worried about Rock trying to stop me. It is not her style to become physical violent, unless she, or someone she cares for, is physically threatened. Which I have not done.'

Rock looked up at Bob, as she asked, “How do you figure that?”

As Bob stood up straight, he looked down at her, while she was still sitting down. Bob stated, “Did you not recall? The home team always lets the visiting team go first at bat.”

Rock giggled. She said, “For that worthy joke alone, I am going to let you leave the bar, without any trouble. You are developing a nice style. I would like to see how you turn out.”

Bob commented, “Thank you. And while you are clearly the villain in all this, you are not being a bitch about it.”

Rock held out her right hand, as she replied, “I appreciate that.”

Bob shook her hand, as he responded, “May the best... person win.”

Rock said, “I agree.”

Both of them noticed the others grip was firm, but not tight. Meaning, they were sincere about their words.

A few seconds later, they broke then handshake.

Rock then asked, “One more question. Given your genre savviness and knowledge, I would think, just out of curiosity, you would have ask me what I thought being a woman was like. Given we both know I use to be a man.”

Bob calmly said, “That is your personal business. I would never think of asking for such intimate information from someone that was not a close friend.”

Rock complimented, “You really do know your manners.”

Bob responded, “Knowing manners, and applying them, has been two of the major reasons I am still breathing. This game is not made for the crude, and the rude. Chaka proved that. And that bastard died too quickly. You of all people should appreciate that, given we both know that you have been in situations where the only things that kept you from being immediately killed were your tact and manners.”

Rock agreed, “You are right about that. Your move, Bob.”

Bob simply nodded in response. He then turned, walked towards the exit, and out, onto the sidewalk.

Rock thought, 'I will give him one minute, before I follow him out of this bar. It is so rare in this business to meet such genuinely polite people. It is sad that we are on opposite sides of this situation. I believe, if the situation was different, we could be good friends. And I hope, one day, we can be genuine friends.' She then looked at the woman at the bar counter, as she continued her thought, 'I wonder what her story is?'

The woman looked back at Rock in her eyes.

She immediately got up, and walked towards her.

Just as Rock expected her to stop in front of her, and talk, she continued walking passed her.

Rock turned her head to see the woman enter the back hallway, and through the door, into the ladies restroom.

Rock got up from her seat, and walked over to the bartender.

Rock asked, in japanese, “Hello. I noticed you looking at that woman strangely, after you saw her ID.”

The bartender turned to Rock, as he sarcastically replied, in japanese, “Her ID says she is forty-five. Does she look forty-five, to you?”

Rock said, “No. She did not.”

Rock then turned, and she briskly walked into the ladies restroom.

After she opened the door to the ladies restroom, she looked around. She then checked the stalls. And she found that there was no one in the room, but herself.

Rock mentally noted, 'There is no one in this room, except for myself. And I just checked. There no large windows, nor ventilation ducks, that she could have exited the room from. And I would have seen her came back through the door... Still, I have other more immediate matters to attend too.'

Rock swiftly exited the ladies restroom.

Rock then casually headed for the main exit to the bar. She took her time, to give Bob the time she had allotted to him. As she walked, she thought, 'Yet... I wonder...'

(_)

Meanwhile, right outside the front of the bar, Bob came to a stop, where the sidewalk met the street.

After Bob checked to make sure both ways were clear, he briskly walked across the street to, where he had parked his car. As he walked, he turned his head, to his left side, for a quick glaces at the fighting in the parking lot beside the bar.

Bob thought, 'They are clearly to wrapped up in their fighting to notice me. Good. And I am glad that Zangief is holding his own. That big guy's got a good heart. Once a person becomes friends with him, he will put his butt on the line for that person. I owe him big for this. Especially, since he agreed to hold back, and not seriously harm those women.'

'If we did seriously harm them, that would only bring greater reprisals from Rock and their friends. Reprisals I am not sure any of us could survive. Let alone, handle.'

As Bob turned to his front, he realized he was on the other side of the street.

He quickly walked to his parked convertible, with the roof and windows down.

He then used his car keys to get into the driver's seat, on the left side of the car. Next, he started the car. Back up from his parking space. Made his way to the exit to the street, and he checked both ways of the street to make sure he was clear again.

When he was clear he exited the parking lot.

He turned towards his right side, cross the incoming lane, to the far left lane, as he approached the bar parking lot, on the right side of the building, on the corner of the street.

Bob speed up, while driving along side the parking lot.

When Bob was about to pass by the fight in the parking lot, he honked his horn to get their attention.

By then, he reached the turn, on the intersection. The light was green, and he turned to the left, on the next street, allowing him to stay by the parking lot for a few more seconds. To give Zangief time to escape.

(_)

In the nearby parking lot, Zangief was fighting off Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, when all four adults heard a car horn being blown.

They all harm a car horn blow, towards the street facing the front of the bar. They turned to see Bob driving a blue convertible car, with the top down.

They watched, while Bob turned the corner, to the left, as he continue moving along the parking lot, by them.

Zangief continued to watched the car, as he swiftly said, “This was fun girls. But, my ride is here.”

Zangief then bolted towards the moving car, and he jumped directly into the backseat.

Fortunately, Dee Jay had the shocks of the car upgraded, to allow for them to take the strain of Zangief's landing.

Meanwhile, just as Natsuru and Akira ran after Zangief, with the intent of jumping the car, Ranma stand where she was, while she ordered, “Stop!”

Both of her lovers stopped in their tracks. They then turned to look at Ranma, as Bob's car swiftly left the area.

Ranma looked at Natsuru and Akira, as she explained, “If you tried to jump into the car, Zangief would likely throw you out of the car. It is clear that Zangief has not tried to kill us. Nor, have we tried to kill him. And while he likely knows being thrown from a moving car at that slow a speed, will likely not kill, nor cripple us. But, let's not chance it.”

Akira agreed, “You're right.”

Nataru suggested, “Let's go see, Rock.”

When all three of them turned to face the bar, they saw Rock had already exited the bar, and she was walking towards them.

As Rock approached them, she smiled. She playfully asked, “Looking for me?”

Akira complimented, “Your timing is impeccable.”

By then, Rock had come to a stop six feet from them. She replied, “Thank you.”

Ranma asked, “Why did you let Bob go? It would have made things easier if you had just captured him.”

Rock answered, “I found it would have been unseemly, and unladylike, to fight Bob in such a situation. Besides, we still have several advantages over them. And while Bob's surrender was a hopeful outcome. This meeting was not just about that. Bob and I needed to know where we stood with each other. And we both now have those answers.”

Akira commented, “Always three steps ahead of everyone else, Rock.”

Rock joked, “It is how I stay fit.”

Rock then looked at another red convertible car, which was parked by the right outside wall of bar that was bordering the parking lot, to the street. The car had the driver's seat on the right side of the car. Also, the hood and windows were done.

To the right side of convertible was another car, which likely belonged to the bartender.

Rock commented, “I hope you kept the fighting from my car.”

Natsuru said, “We did.”

Rock ordered, “Good. Now, get in.” She thought, 'Bob's time is up. Now, to capture him.'

The four adults then headed over to Rock's red convertible, as Rock pulled out the keys to the car, that she rented a week ago.

(_)

At the moment, a block away, Bob was driving himself and Zangief down the road, towards Birdy's home.

While sitting in the backseat, Zangief asked, “Do you think Nataru has accomplished his part of the plan?

Kept his eyes on the road, as he said, “I have faith that he had done so. And that Ed is now free.”

Zangief responded, “I hope so, as well. Sometimes faith is all we have. And sometimes faith sees us through.”

Bob replied, “I agree.”

Zangief then noticed, from over Bob's shoulder, the speedometer, that measured in kilometers, showed that Bob was going exactly at the speed limit, from the signs posted on the road.

Zangief commented, “Not to be a backseat driver. But, Rock and the others are likely not going to adhere to the speed limit. And they will likely catch up to us very soon. If we stay at this speed.”

Bob kept looking in front, at the road, as he said, “Zangief. That is a very good point. Though, we need to keep a few things in mind. While Rock is from another reality, she and the others, including, I suspect the blond, are Japanese nationals. They all likely have either real, or forged, in Rock's case, japanese IDs and driver's licenses. The worst they can face, for driving over the speed limit, is a speeding ticket.”

“On the other hand, we are foreigners, without proper IDs, nor permission to be in Japan. If we get pulled over by the police, it is going to cause us a hold mess of problems, and questions, that we don't want answered.”

Zangief stated, “I see your point.”

Bob replied, “I am glad that you understand.”

Zangief questioned, “Still, this is a right said lane style car, on a left said road system? Are you not afraid that will attract attention?”

Bob commented, “Actually. I am counting on it. But, it the right kind of attention. This nation has only had left side lane road system, since nineteen seventy-two. Before then, during the U.S. occupation, it was a right side lane system.”

Bob thought, 'I am so happy, I did that report. Once. For school. On the histories of right side and left side traffics systems, that various nations use.'

Bob continued, “It is not unheard of to have cars in this nation, with driver's seats on the left side of the vehicle. So, if the police come by, and they notice us. They will likely run the plates. And if Dee Jay is straight with us. They search will come up with nothing.”

“Making the police think, that with this nice convertible, we are wealthy, and we have political connections. And they will think twice about messing with us. That is, as long as we obey their traffic laws.”

Zangief complimented, “That is devious, on your part. I am impressed.”

Bob stated, “Thank you. Now, to our plan. As you know. I have a plan to delay them. And I have a plan C. Once we get Ed. If we have to get into high speed chase.”

Zangief commented, “True. You laid out a very well thought out plan, that we worked on over the past few days. And I admire that you were more than willing to allow input from the rest of us.”

Bob stated, “I prefer to heed to the voices of experience.”

Zangief smiled as Bob's compliment.

Bob said, “Speaking of which.”

Bob kept his eyes on the road, as he used his right hand to pulled out his hand-held, encrypted radio from a coat pocket. Bob had received the radio from Boris has given it to him.

As Bob raised the radio up to near his mouth, he thought, 'I am getting to like these radios. They are far more secure than a cellphone.'

Bob clicked the button, as he asked, “Are you ready, on you end?”

The man on the other end of the radio, replied, in english, “Yes.”

Bob said, into the radio, “We are now leading them into the trap. Be ready for them.” He thought, 'We are heading to Birdy's home. And if they are heading to Birdy's home, following us, or both, they are coming this way. And our plans will slow them down, without harming them.'

The man on the other end of the radio responded, “I will be ready.”

(_)

At that moment, in the bar parking lot, Rock, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma had gotten in Rock's red convertible car. The red convertible had a manual transmission, with a clutch on the floor, and the gear stick being located between the front seats.

Given the hood and windows were down, Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru just jumped into their seats, while Rock opened her door, to get into driver's seat, on the right side of the car.

After Rock got into the driver's seat, she shut the car door. Ranma was in front, to Rock's left side. With Akira behind Rock, and Natsuru behind Ranma.

Rock started car, she soon exited the parking lot, to her left side, as she followed Bob and Zangief, around the parking lot, to the street going away from the back of the parking lot.

While Rock drove her car, Akira asked, “Where you think they are heading?”

Natsuru commented, “I noticed that the direction they are going is the closest way to Birdy's home.”

Ranma inquired, “But, how would they know about Birdy?”

A few seconds later, all four said, in unison, “Rico.”

Rock stated, “I should not have mentioned Birdy's name to her. She is almost as sharp as I am. Though, I will not fault her for telling Bob. She didn't want any of this trouble, in the first place. We forced her into this situation. And it has harmed her friendship with Bob. I can see why she would tell him about Birdy.”

Akira agreed, as she realized, “True. Though, given Bob has that deluxe fictional package, he probably knows which series Birdy is from. I remember seeing Birdy's picture on some manga and anime in Chang's collection room, back in Roanapur. Before Chang went insane. But, I did not have much time then, in Chang's collection room, to look around. And that was years ago.”

Natsuru said, “Well, if that is the case. Bob would know better than to try a frontal assault on Birdy. Even, with Zangief. It would end badly for the both of them. So, the question is how is Bob planning to rescue Ed?”

Ranma commented, “Bob has shown that he is very resourceful. I am sure he has a plan that will be very creative. Though, on the matter of Birdy, I wonder which exact series Birdy is from?”

Rock faced the road in front of her, as she stated, “Actually, Birdy is from the Birdy the Mighty franchise. Though, I am not sure which version of her series, our Birdy is from. And her various series differs greatly.”

Natsuru replied, “The figures. And given Bob had sent months training. When he was not busy learning from Zangief, he probably had plenty of time to review over much of the information his laptop computer contained in it.”

Akira suggested, “Yes. Bob and likely Ed, probably have the advantage on this matter.”

Rock continued driver, as she said, “That is very a good point. Ed likely also knows a lot about you three, and Birdy. She just kept her mouth shut about it.”

Ranma commented, “That is very possible. We will ask her, when we get go Birdy's house.”

Akira responded, “Good idea. Still, I would think he would prefer to be sleeping with Ed on his off time.”

Rock stated, “He says they haven't done it, yet.”

Ranma questioned, “And you believe him?”

Rock answered, “Yes. Any of us would gloat on such a subject. So, why not him?”

Akira said, “I agree.”

Rock commented, “Given that Bob knows about Birdy. It is best we head over there. Even if he doesn't know about Birdy, heading over to her home, gives us a chance to move Ed. If he does, then we will likely meet him there. Bob is too well manners to rushed out of a place. Given he likely knows whom he is dealing with. And the trouble he would likely get into, if the police stopped him for speeding.”

Akira complimented, “Those are good points, Rock. While, I suggest we hurry. We can pay the parking ticket, if we are stopped.”

Rock smirked, as she said, “Good thinking.” She then applied the gas pedal to move her car faster.

A few seconds later, as they made their way done the street, each of Rock's tires suddenly went flat. One after another.

Rock cursed, “What the hell?”

Rock immediately pulled her car to the left side of the road.

Rock stated, “Everyone get out, and inspect the tire on your side.”

The four women got out of the car. And each quickly inspected the tire on their side of the car.

Akira commented, “This one has been shot out.”

Natsuru pointed out, “This tire has been shot out, as well.”

Ranma stated, “Same here.”

Rock that the front right tired had also been shot out. She turned to look at the building and roofs above them, as she said, “They all have been shot. And I don't see the sniper whom did this. So, whomever it was, that person is good, because I do not see that person anywhere. Which means this was done at a fair distance away.”

Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru turned to Rock, as Akira said, “I think it is a safe bet that Bob planned this.”

Rock turned to Akira, as she stated, “A simple delaying tactic. During my conversation with him, he stated he realized people I could call on to go after him. He knows if he harms us, that our friends will not rest until he and his friends are likely dead.”

“One, or more, of our friends would come after him and his friends. Such as anyone, from Revy, to Annie, to even Roberta. If you got right down to it.”

Ranma commented, “Now, that is a balancing act.”

Rock said, “True. Bob does not want to risk the wraith of our friends, against him, and those he cares for. As such, he decided that if he could not harm us. He could just delay us. This also means that Bob has at least two another players in the field.”

Natsuru asked, “Two?”

Rock answered, “Yes. Two. One is the sniper that just slowed us down. And the other one has been at Birdy's home since before Bob and Zangief met us.”

Akira responded, “Bob played us.”

Rock stated, “Exactly. He turned our trap against us. This has all been a series of delaying tactic. My conversation with him. Your fight with Zangief. Whom clearly did not go all out against you. Or, one of you would likely be serious hurt.”

This was all to give his ally, or allies, at Birdy's home, time to free Ed.”

“Bob was even the one to end our meeting. He was working from a preplanned schedule.”

Ranma said, “Then, we need to get to Birdy's as quickly as possible. I guess we are going to have steal a car.”

Rock explained, “No. We won't do that for three reasons. Bob is playing the long game. He is not going to do something stupid. I am sure he has a general idea of the harsh immigrant laws in this nation. He is not going to speed and risk getting pulled over by a cop. That gives us a lot of time.”

“We know it takes about twenty minutes to get there. Another few minutes at the least politely retrieve Ed and the other person, from Birdy.

We, on the other hand, are Japanese cities. We can speed with little risk, barring a parking ticket. As long as we are wary of pedestrians, other vehicles, traffic lights and stop signs.”

“This shooting out of the tires is Bob's one trick to slow us down. Anyone else, it would have likely worked. And Bob would have been given plenty of time. But, not I. Follow me.”

Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru followed Rock around back.

Rock used her keys to open the trunk of the car.

Rock commented, “The weakest point of any vehicle is the tires. So, I brought extra.”

The women stared at four brand new tires, with four sets of tools to put the tires on the car. The jacks were even partly open.

Natsuru commented, “Crazy prepared as always, Rock.”

Rock smiled wickedly, as she said, “Yes. I am.”

Natsuru said, “This is why you are the leader.”

Rock continued smiling, as she stated, “I know. The jacks are already preset to where they need to be to change the tires. Natsuru, I trust you can left this car without injury?”

Natsuru answered, “In my female form, I could bench-press this car, if I wanted too. I just do not like to advertise that my female form is so strong.”

Rock inquired, “Does that case any problems with your love making sessions?”

Akira and Ranma giggled, as Natsuru answered, “None that these two lunatics have complained about. And I have lot of control over my strength. Still, I rarely go full out in a fight, because I find doing so to be uncivilized. I know plenty of ways to take down someone, without use my most of my strength.”

Rock said, “Good. Control is always a good think.” She turned to Ranma, as she suggested, “Ranma, I would like you to try out a new technique.”

Ranma looked over at Rock, as she asked, “What do you have in mind?”

Rock playfully said, “Chestnut tiring changing.”

Ranma giggled, as she responded, “That is what I like you, Rock. You find new ways to use old tricks. So, sure. If Revy was not such a jealous bitch, sometimes. I would be tempted to have us find out what you can do in bed.”

Rock grinned, as she stated, “More's the pity. Okay. Here is the plan. Natsuru will left the car, while I put the jacks on, in their proper places. Then, you will be handing us the tires from the back, while I roll them out of the way.”

“As we do this, Akira, you will will hand Ranma the tools and the tires to change out each tire. Given our skills, I think we can get this done, and be back on the road, within five minutes. And we can make up that time.”

Rock then turned to Natsuru, as she recommend, “Also, Natsuru, remember to lift with the knees.”

Natsuru rolled her eyes, as she deadpanned, “Yes, mother.”

The other three women giggled a little at Natsuru's comment.

Akira then turned to Rock, as she commented, “Be happy we three decided not to rib you Lagoon women about becoming mothers.”

Rock responded, “I thought that was because you didn't want Revy and Dutch to kill you.”

Akira conceded, “That too. By the way, how many people know that you lot have had children?”

Rock answered, “Not many. The only reason you three know about our children is that we needed someone to occasionally babysit. And you three were only ones we could all agree on, that we could trust with our children for any given length of time.”

Akira soberly relied, “That is kind of sad.”

Rock admitted, in a slightly depressed tone of voice, “I know... Well let's get to work.”

Rock then started pulling out the jacks, as she walked with Natsuru around the car, to place them in their proper locations. While Akira started getting out tools, to hand to Ranma, to start removing and replacing any tire. With Natsuru soon handing Ranma a fresh tired, as Rock rolled the flat tires away, to the sidewalk.

(_)

Further up the street, Bob drove his blue convertible, with Zangief in the back seat, Bob's heard his radio beep.

Bob kept his left hand on the steering wheel, as he continued to look at the road, while he used his right hand to pulled out his hand-held radio. He said, into the radio, “Yes.”

The man on the other end of the line stated, “The trapped as been sprung. The targets have been stalled.”

(_)

On the roof top, of a six story building, at an angle that overlooked the road that Rock, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma were on, a man watched them through the scope of his sniper rifle, as they changed their tires.

The man wore black cloth pants and shirt, along with black boots, black leather long coat and belt.

The man also had a semi-automatic pistol, in a shoulder holster, under his left armpit. The man left his coat open, so he had access to his pistol.

In his right hand, he held the trigger and stock of rifle steady, to use the scope, while resting his right index finger against the trigger guard. He has his hand-held radio in his left hand.

On the other end of the radio, Bob replied, “Good. What is the ETA on their repairs?”

The man answered, “Five minutes. It was unexpected, but the targets had four spare tires in their trunk. Target leader seems to have prepared for this. Given speed and dexterity of targets, estimate five minutes, or less.”

Bob replied, “Damn. I was hoping for longer. Though, good job.”

The man suggested, “I could shot out their new tires?”

Bob commented, “No. They are now on the watch for you. And they might spot you. Also, doing so might make them unpredictable. We know what to expect from them, right now. If we remove their option to use their vehicle, they might use a device to instantly travel to the target location, and beat us there.”

The man replied, “Understood.”

Bob requested, “Though, we will need a tail on the targets' car. Please, provide it. After you tail them to the location. If everything is fine, and we are gone. Break off and head to the rendezvous point. If there is a problem, continue tailing them, and use your discretion in assisting us.”

The man stated, “Affirmative. Also, it is good you acted now. A few more minutes and it would have been to dark to do this. I did not have access to a nightvision scope.”

Bob admitted, “I apologize. My timing should have been better. Still, that is why I left when I did. We are working a balancing act, in so many ways. And we did not choose the original time table. Our targets did.”

The man agreed, “Very true. If everything works out, I will meet you at the rendezvous point.” He mentally added, 'Where Nataru will teleport you, the others, and the car, to meet me. Then, he will teleport us all way from this nation, to a safer location.'

Bob replied, “See you, there.'

The man quickly clicked his radio to his belt. He then broke down his sniper rifle and put in into a small backpack. Next, he strapped the backpack to his back.

The man then used an outside fire escape to quickly make down to the alleyway between the building he was one and another building.

Fortunately, the alleyway was outside of the view of his targets.

In the alleyway was black, cruiser style motorcycle, that Dee Jay had given them to use. On top of the seat was a black, full helmet, with the visor placed down on the front of the helmet.

When man got to the ground, he walked over to the motorcycle and put on the black helmet. He then used a wire from his helmet, which he hooked to his radio, to allow him to use his radio, without holding it to his mouth.

He then got onto the motorcycle, and he used a started it. Next, he let it idle as he walked it to the exit of the alley.

Once he got there, he peek around, to his left, at an angle that gave him a perfect view of the women repairing their vehicle down the road, without the women noticing him.

The man thought, 'Now, all I have to do sit and wait, until they finish their repairs.'

(_)

Around twenty minutes later, it was dark by the time Bob and Zangief made it to Birdy's home.

Fortunately, along with their car's headlights, there was plenty of illumination, by the streetlights, for Bob and Zangief to see around.

Bob stopped the car on the street, by the sidewalk, in front of Birdy's home.

Bob turned off the ignition, and pocketed the key. He then turned to Zangief, as he requested, “Teacher. Do you mind staying here and watching the car?”

Zangief replied, “No problem, little student.”

Bob responded, “Thank you.”

Bob then got out of the car. As he briskly walked down the concrete walkway to the front door.

As Bob walked, he thought, 'I got to hurry this up. Before Rock and the others show up.'

When he reached the front door to Birdy's home, he came to a stop, as he lightly knocked on the door.

Half a minute later, a young girl, wearing a school girl uniform, that looked like Birdy at that age, except for her dark blue hair, opened the door for him.

Bob thought, 'She must be her daughter, Violin. She does look like a young Birdy. Only with dark blue hair. Now, please let her understand english.'

'And on that matter, I am happy that Ed knows japanese. She has also been teaching me japanese. Since, I am an anime fan. But, my knowledge of that language is to rough to be useful right now.'

'Though, that being said. There are no excuses for me not to learn japanese, and other languages. Considering Ed is willing to teach me those languages. And so far, she considers me to be a good student, that is willing to learn.'

Bob calmly stated, in english, “Hello. I am here to pick up Ed and Nataru.”

Violin replied, in surprisingly good english, with the hint of an unexpected accent, “Okay. It will be one minute.”

Violin then rushed back into the home, without shutting the door.

Bob mentally wondered, 'Did Violin just now have a slightly, U.S. southeastern accent, when she was speaking english?... A matter for another time. And even with the door open, I think I will stay out here.'

Less than a minute later, Ed and Nataru walked out of the front door, to stand beside Bob.

Bob looked Ed over, as he said, “Good job, Nataru.”

Nataru replied, “No problem. This is the best night I have had in years.”

Bob continued to look at Ed, as he asked, “That is nice... Ed, are you okay?”

Ed answered, “Ed is fine, now that you are here.” She then took a step towards Bob, hugged Bob. Bob returned her hug.

A few seconds later, both of them broke their hug.

A second later, they heard a woman cough, next to them.

Bob, Ed, and Nataru, then turned to face Birdy, whom was right in front of all three of them.

Birdy stood at the doorstep to her home, with Violin's standing behind her. She slightly smiled, as she stated, in english, “So, you must be Bob. I have heard so much about you.”

Bob stated, “Miss Cephon. I would love to talk to you. But, I literally have no time.” Bob then turned to Nataru, as he smirked, “On the other hand, you lover boy, have all the time in the world. So, you can talk to her, later.”

Every laughed at Bob's joke.

As everyone calmed down, Birdy turned to Natsuru, as she said, “Go on. He is right. We will talk, later.”

Natsuru responded, “I looked forward to is.” He then took a step closer to Birdy, and kissed Birdy on her lips.

Bob lightly gripped Ed by her right wrist, as he gently led her away, to give the two love birds some privacy. Still, Ed turned her head to watch, as Birdy returned the kiss.

A few seconds later, they broke the kiss.

Ed smiled, as she commented, “Ed hopes that the two of you can work it out. Now, see you, later.” She then turned to look at Bob, with them both walking towards the car, as she asked, “So, Bob. What is our plan of escape?”

Bob let go up Ed's wrist, as they continued to walk side by side, along the concrete path, with Bob to Ed's right side.

Bob answered, “Nataru teleports us and the car away. We meet the rest of our team at another preplanned location. And then we all teleport out of this country, to a location we all agreed would be nice to visit.”

“Also, I brought all our luggage with us. We are not going back to Siberia. Your laptop is under the front passenger, in case we need it. And I made sure it was fully charged. I even included your tools and the incomplete device you built for us. The items are wrapped up, on the top part of you backpack, to protect them. How long will it take you to complete the device?”

Ed answered, “Ed needs only ten minutes to complete device. Minor wires to connect. No worries on malfunction. It either works, or not. No in between.”

Meanwhile, Natsuru and Birdy smiled at each other, as Natsuru turned and started walking over to Bob's car, as well.

Nearby, between the Birdy's home, and Bob's car, Bob replied, “Good. Because, I think this planet is too hot for us. We need to leave, as soon as possible.”

Ed responded, “I agree.”

Bob requested, “Also, would it be alright to bring others along with us?”

Ed answered, “Ed thinks, more the merrier.”

Bob grinned, as he replied, “Glad to hear it.”

Ed commented, “By the way, Ed found something very interesting about Violin.”

Bob inquired, “And that would be?”

Ed stated, “Violin is a diehard Farscape fan.”

Bob agreed, “That is interesting.” He thought, 'Something is clearly off about that Violin kid. But, I don't have the time, nor justification to find out what it is.'

From the corner of his eye, Bob saw a streak of light coming towards them.

Bob yelled, “Incoming!” As he pulled Ed down with him, at an angle were his body would be shield her body.

A split second later, there was a small explosion nearby.

Bob quickly leaned up, as he realized he was literally nose to nose with Ed. He asked, “Are you alright, Ed?”

Ed replied, “Yes. You?”

Bob answered, “Fine.”

They both then quickly go up.

As they looked behind them, they faces turned to show expressions of horror, as he saw Natsuru laying on his back, with the top of his head slightly smoldering.

Several feet away, Bob could hear Birdy scream, “Nataru!”

Behind him, Bob heard Zangief yelled, “They are coming.”

Bob turned around quickly to see Zangief pointed in the distance.

In the direction he was pointing, Bob saw car lights in the distance, fast approaching them.

Bob thought, 'I guess Natsuru has some range with her fireballs. I did not see that in her series. Meaning she learned to throw her fireballs at a longer range, after her series ended.'

Bob turned back towards Nataru, as he continued his thoughts, 'Still, she needs to work on her aim.' He ordered, “Check on Nataru.” He quietly added, “And pray that he is alive.”

Bob and Ed then rushed towards where Natsuru was laying down at.

Meanwhile, Birdy turned to Violin, as she ordered, “Go inside. And go into the kitchen.”

Violin nodded, as she rushed inside her family home.

Birdy then rushed over to Natsuru.

Bob, Ed, and Birdy reached him at the same time.

As they all bent down to check on him, they saw there was a slight burn mark on his head.

Bob turned to Birdy, as he requested, “You know Alteran psychology. What do we did?”

Birdy stated, “One second.” Bob and Ed then watched as she used her fingers to check his vitals.

A few second later, Birdy said, “He is still alive. And from the looks of it, he will likely be okay. Trust me. He has been through worse. He is just going to be dazed, and out of it for a little while. But, he will recover.”

Bob mentally cursed, 'Oh hell. While I am glad Nataru will be fine. There goes our escaped plan. Still, this is why we came up with a plan, B.'

Bob continued to look at Birdy, as he requested, “I hate to put you in this position, Birdy. But, I need you to slow them down. If you do not, there will likely be a pitch battle literally on your front lawn, with one or more people likely getting killed.”

Birdy growled, “For them doing something this stupid, I would gladly slow them down.”

She then ran at a speed Bob had never seen someone run before, in person, in his life.

Bob thought, 'Wow. Super-speed is impressive to see first hand. And I am so happy she is not angry with me.'

Bob quickly picked up Nataru with both his arms, as he started quickly walked to the car. As Bob did so, he ordered, “Ed, help open the driver's door for me, then get in the passenger side, and help me get him into the middle part of the front seat.”

Ed did not even verbally respond, as she rushed passed Bob to open the driver's side door

A second later, Bob started sliding Nataru in the front seat.

Ed quickly ran around the car, and got into the passenger seat. She then help Bob to gently pull the unconscious Nataru further into the car.

Zangief saw what they were doing, and he helped.

A few seconds later, Nataru was in the middle seat, with Bob in the driver's seat, Ed in the passenger seat, and Zangief still in the back seat.

As Bob pulled out his keys, and started the car, he saw in his rear view mirrors, in the distance, that Birdy has stopped Rock and her crew, in their car, from approaching them.

While Bob put his car into drive, and drove his car away, with his friends inside, he thought, 'I almost feel sorry for them... Almost...'

(_)

A minute and half ago, Rock was driving her red convertible towards Birdy's home.

They were with sight of the home, and even in the darkness with only streetlights to see by, Rock's slight enhance vision allow her to see what was happening on Birdy's front door step, and front lawn.

Rock saw Zangief in the back of a car. Bob and Ed walking towards the car. And a black haired man had just finish kissing Birdy, and he was now walking towards the car, as well.

Rock recognized that man, as she thought, 'That is Nataru. This reality uses the Birdy Decode, post series. Bob must have somehow met Nataru, and he used Birdy's love for him to get her to free Ed. Smooth. Real smooth. Instead of a frontal assault to rescue Ed. Bob used Birdy's heartstrings.'

'I might have even attempted something similar in Bob's place.'

'Also, Nataru is just as physically powerful as Birdy. Along with him having temporal powers. He is not someone we want to cross. And he is probably their escape plan. Just teleport them and their car to anywhere and anytime in this reality.... We have to slow them down.'

Rock kept her eyes on the road in front of her, as she asked, “Can any of you hit their car from here?”

From behind Rock, Natsuru answered, “I can.”

Rock ordered, “Then, do it.”

Natsuru created in her right hand. But, just as she was about throw her fireball, the car hit a pothole, and the sudden movement messed with her aim.

Natsuru cursed, “Oh crap! My aim was off!”

They all watched in horror as her fireball hit the guy in the head. The explosion knocking him down, onto the ground.

Natsuru placed her hands to her mouth in fear, as she prayed out loud, over and over again, “Please, don't be dead. Please, don't be dead. Please, don't be dead.”

Rock saw Birdy, Bob, and Ed rush over to him. A few seconds later, Birdy just appear in front of them, with Rock slamming the breaks to her car.

Rock was able to stop her car mere inches from Birdy's body.

Rock saw from the expression on Birdy's face, that she was pissed off.

Rock thought, 'Crap! Birdy loved Nataru, and we just accidentally hurt him.'

While Rock kept her eyes on Birdy, she was also able to see, in the distance, behind Birdy, of Bob picking up, and carrying Nataru to his car. Along with Ed helping Bob.

Rock continued her thoughts, 'At least Nataru is alive. They would not be moving him, otherwise. And he is too out of it to help them escape. Both are good outcomes for us.'

Rock then focused her attention back to Birdy, as she thought, 'But, Bob is going to escape real soon, so I have to make this quick. And given Birdy is stronger, faster, and more powerful than any of the rest of us, in this car. Attacking her is out of the question. And if I try to drive passed her, she can easily outrun us. That is how she appeared so quickly. She has super-speed.'

Birdy walked around the right side of the convertible, to where Rock was seated in the driver's seat. She looked down at Rock, as Rock looked up at her. Birdy yelled, “What the hell do you think you were doing!? My child was standing, nearby! And Nataru hasn't done anything to you!”

Rock calmly said, “Birdy. I know you are upset. And you have every right to be. We did not intend to hit your friend. We were aiming for Bob's car.”

Ranma spoke up, “Birdy. Rock is right. We were aiming for the car. You know us. You know, Natsuru. We would not intentionally try to kill someone else we had no other choice. Look at Natsuru, Birdy.”

Birdy turned and saw that Natsuru had a looked of horror and regret on her face.

Birdy thought, 'They are right. She did not intend to harm Nataru.'

Birdy commented, in a cold tone of voice, “You are lucky that Nataru has faced worse, and recovered. If he had been killed, none of you would not be alive, right now.”

All four other women gulped.

Rock stated, “Okay. We fucked up. But, we have to go after, Bob. Don't you see. He used the worst method possible to rescue Ed. He messed with your heart, Birdy.”

Birdy thought about Rock's comment for a few seconds. She then admitted, “You're right, Rock. Go after them. But, do not harm Nataru, nor Ed. And if you can, bring Nataru back.”

Rock replied, “We will try our best.”

Birdy stepped out away from the red convertible, as Rock floored the gas pedal, shifted the gears of the car, and sped away.

A few seconds after Rock's car drove away, Birdy watched as a biker, on a motorcycle, in black clothing, and a black helmet, came out of the shadows, from the direction Rock and her crew had been coming from. With the biker speeding down the street, pass Birdy, in the same direction as Bob's group, and Rock's group, had gone.

Birdy thought, 'I have a feeling that biker is involved in this. But, at this point, I could care less about that man. I have more important things to think about.'

'Such as, I wonder... Does it matter, if Bob played with my heart. I mean, I now know there is a chance with Nataru, and I got more out of that reunion than I could have hope. So, for that, I will not hold what Bob did, against him. After all, he did it for the right reasons. Love. He clearly love Ed. And the way Ed looks at Bob, she either really likes him, or loved him, as well.'

'And I hope Nataru is alright. But, there is not much I can do at the moment. I know the girls can handle it. And Rock has a point. Bob did screw with my heart. But, he did it for the right reasons. Love. And he used it as an excuse to get Nataru back in my life. So, I cannot hate neither Bob, nor Nataru, for what they did. Besides, I need to start getting Violin to bed... Also, my shift starts in a few hours.'

Birdy then turned and head for her front open door. When she reached the open door, she walked inside, and she gently the front door of her home behind her.

(_)

At that moment, Bob drove his car down the road. He had just turned onto a four lane road, and he was going as fast as he could.

Fortunately, there were only a few cars that he had to pass by. And none of them were police cars.

As Bob drove at high speed, he thought, 'I hate speeding. Still, I need to take some precautions. Our main exit has been blocked, and Rock will likely convince Birdy to let her and the others go, anymore. As such, the time for caution is over.'

'Still, I can at least attempt to keep the police away from us. And I know just how to do it.'

Bob kept his eyes in front of the car. And without turning to face Ed. Bob requested, “Ed, I need you to do three things for me. First, pull out your laptop computer. I want you to hack into the Tokyo government computer systems. Hack the traffic light network, to make sure we are not caught by any red lights. Also, hack the law enforcement computers. I don't care what you have to do. But, keep the police off of us. And occasionally try to wake up Nataru. He is our ticket out of here.”

Ed replied, “On it.” She then reached under her seat and pulled out her laptop computer. Within seconds, she opened her laptop, she logged into the internet, and she hacking the Tokyo government computers.

Bob literally watched as all the traffic lights in front of them turned to green. From those closest to them, to those in the distance.

Bob said, “Good girl.”

Ed smiled, as she responded, “Give me thirty seconds on the police computers, and we should be fine.”

Zangief asked, “What about our agent following Rock and the others?”

Bob pointed out, “I told him to use his best discretion. Though, we have a rendezvous location for him. Where we will pick him up. When Nataru awakens, we teleport there, and use our radio to contact him to break off pursuit, and come meet us at that location.”

Zangief replied, “Okay.”

Bob stated, “Also, teacher. I don't care how good a fighter Birdy is. Rock is a master manipulator. We only bought ourselves a minute, or two. At best. Before Rock convinces Birdy to let her, and the girls with her, go. Also, she likely has a more souped up car than us. And she knows the roads here.”

“We are likely not going to be able to lose her. So, we have got to buy ourselves time, until Nataru comes to his senses, and he teleports use away from them. As such, be ready for a fight, while I drive.”

Zangief said, “I understand.”

From the right corner of Bob's eye, Bob noticed Ed pushing against Nataru's right shoulder, as she tried to gently wake him up.

Bob snuck a quick glace as Nataru, before turned his eyes back on the road.

Bob saw that Nataru was still out of it.

Then, Bob passed by another car, as he used the two lanes, to gain as much distance as possible from Rock and her crew.

As Bob continued to drive, he thought, 'Nice try, Ed. But, I don't think that is going to be enough. Honestly. This is like in the Black Lagoon episode, when Revy got knocked by the Roberta. The first time the Bloodhound came to Roanapur. With the Lagoon company was chased by Roberta, with Revy knockout, and unable to help.”

“That chase, and following battle, ended in a four hour slug fest between Roberta and Revy, whom did it to see which one of them was the alpha bitch. With Roberta barely winning. Of course, that was sane Roberta. Not crazy, Blood Trail Roberta.'

'Yet. Our situation is far worse. Though, Roberta is major badass. Roberta was just one lone badass. I am facing a badass crew here. And fighting in during a high speed chase is very dangerous, no matter how it is done. And time is not on our side.'

'Though, Boris even mentioned she her feet as a super-soldier cyborg. Now, that is a scary thought. But, not as scary as this situation.'

'I need to see what is happening on the other end.'

Bob pulled out his encrypted radio handset, with his right hand. He said into the radio, “Hello. Things have gone pear shaped. Our exit is literally out cold. But, he should come around, in a little while. We just need to buy some time. Are you still tailing the targets?”

The man on the other end of the radio answered, “Yes. I am behind them, by a few distance. Though, I am slowly gaining on them.”

Bob responded, “Good. Because we are going to need back up. Do they realize they are being tail.”

The man responded, “I doubt it. They seem to focused on you. They should be on you any minute.”

Bob requested, “Thank you for the warning. And your best judgment, on assisting us.”

The man on the other end replied, “I will.”

Bob then placed his radio back into the coat pocket he had it in.

Just then, in his rear view mirrors, Bob saw Rock red convertible approaching their blue convertible.

Bob yelled, “Here they come!”

Zangief and Ed turned around to see Rock's car approaching them.

Bob already had his foot flooring the gas pedal, but from his mirror he could see Rock open convertible catch up to them.

Bob mentally cursed, 'Damn it! This car is nice, but it is not powerful enough to out run Rock's car. Worse is that she is likely a better driver in high speed chases than I am.'

Bob kept his eyes in front of the road, as he asked, “You ready, teacher?”

Zangief said, “Yes.”

Bob requested, “Ed. Do not get involved in the fighting. Just focus on the traffic lights, keeping the police away from, and waking up Nataru.”

Ed responded, “Ed fully understand.”

Both convertible moved back and forth through both oncoming and incoming lanes, while the passed by other cars, while Rock was approaching Bob.

Though, within several seconds, with Bob on the outer lane, Rock was able to come up beside Bob's convertible, on the interior lane, of their side of the street.

Given Bob's blue convertible had the driver's side was on the left side of the car, and the driver's side of Rock's red convertible was on the right side, they were still some distance between the two driver, as they began to slam the sides of their cars against each other, at high speed.

Though, as the night continued, the traffic has been lessening. Also, those cars that saw the two convertibles approaching them from behind, quickly got out of the way. As they pulled off to the side of the street, or into one of the emergency stopping lanes on the side of road.

Rock bumped her car against Bob's car, again, as she yelled, in english, “Pull over!”

Bob bumped Rock's car back, as he loudly stated, “Hell no! And you're insane if you think I will!”

Rock laughed. She then yelled, “Natsuru! Ranma! You are up!”

From the corner of his right eye, Bob could see Ranma getting up from the front passenger seat.

Bob thought, 'Oh no!' Bob yelled, “Teacher! Stand up! We got incoming!”

From his rear view mirrors he saw Zangief stand up, just as Natsuru must have jumped from her seat in Rock's car, to land in the backseat of Bob's car.

From his mirrors, he started see Zangief and Natsuru start slugging it out with each other.

Bob thought, 'They both know that at this speed, there is a balance problem. If one of them picks up the other, to try to thrown them out. Or, they do a too powerful attack, it will cause us to crash. Likely killing us all. So, they are just slugging it out.'

'Though, from watching the sparring matches between Zangief and Nataru, I am sure he can take this kind of punishment. For a while, at least.'

Then, Bob's attention turned back to Ranma. As from the corner of his right eye, he saw Ranma jump from her front seat, in Rock's car, to land on her stomach, on the left side of the front hood of Bob's car, right in front of Bob.

Ranma and Bob were looking at each other, in their faces, with the windshield being the only thing between them.

Bob swiftly stated, “If you attack me, you will like mess up my driving. And at these speeds, that will likely cause this car to flip, and possibly kill us all.”

Ranma had clearly heard what Bob had said, because Bob saw Ranma gain an embarrassed look on her face.

Ranma conceded, in english, “I admit it. I really didn't think this one through.”

Bob thought, 'Dumb-ass.'

The two cars continued to clash with each other, at high speed. As the cars drove through the streets, they passed by a group of locals planning to drag race, to their left side.

The gathered crowd watched as the two cars drove across the street, next to where they had come together for their illegal race.

The crowds saw in the closest car to them, blue convertible, with the hood and windows down, a red headed woman laying on on the front hood, while in the back seat of the same car, a blue haired girl in a white and black seifuku was fighting a large brown haired, fair skinned man, wearing a red speedo, and yellow and red cloth bracelets.

Meanwhile, a blond woman was sitting in the back seat of the red convertible, with a lowered hood and windows, and she was pulling a large weapon, from under the backseat.

Ten seconds after the two cars passed by, the crowd watched a man in black, on a motorcycle, pass by.

While Bob and Rock continued their chase, Bob was able to still see around Ranma, at the street in front of him, as he was continually able to keep Rock from pulling in front of him.

Bob thought, 'At least Ranma is small enough as a woman that I can see around her. Also, I need to keep in mind that I cannot let Rock get ahead of me. If she does, she will use her car to stop this car.'

Just then, both Ranma had her head turned to the left, as she and Bob noticed two individuals across the right side of the street.

They both recognized the clothing, but the two figures were women. They looked like female versions of Ryoga Habiki, and the wanderer Ryu.

Ranma turned to Bob, as she asked, “Is that?”

Bob responded, “They could be. If you want, I am more than happy to for you to jump off. So, you can go talk to them.”

Ranma replied, “Nah. I will talk to them, later.”

Bob said, “Okay. But, I think that you being gender bender no longer makes you unique as you once were.”

Ranma stated, “No argument there. Hey. Wait a minute. How did you know my gender bending?”

Bob just laughed for a few seconds, as they turned onto a long bridge, across a waterway.

Just then, Ed looked over at the blond in the backseat of the red convertible, and she screamed, “Bob! Look over at the other car!”

Fortunately, they were on a straight away, which allowed Bob to turn and look at what Ed was looking at. He saw that the blond woman, standing in the backseat. And she was holding in both her hands a China Lake grenade launcher.

The blond woman had the oversized shotgun in both hands, with her left hand on the fore-end, and her right hand on the stock. She had the end of the butt of the weapon pressed against her right should, and her right index finger was resting on the trigger guard. Though, the barrel end of the weapon, pointed at Bob's head.

Bob yelled, “Oh, hell no!”

The blond woman over at Bob, as she loudly ordered, “Slow down, now!” She thought, 'Though, I will only keep my finger off the trigger. I don't want to make the mistake as Natsuru. If I am not careful, a bump from a pothole might kill us all. But, they don't know I am being that careful.'

Meanwhile, Bob looked at Ranma in front of him, as he yelled, while dropping all pretense that he did not know who she was, “Ranma, you got to stop your friend from killing us all!”

Ranma looked at the blond woman. She then realized what Bob had meant. She yelled, “Natsuru, talk Akira down!”

Bob thought, 'Akira? That is the blond woman's name. That rings a bell. But, I cannot place her name with her face, right now. I have just too many things going on right now.'

Natsuru and Zangief stopped fighting, as both of them looked over at Akira, and their eyes went wide.

Zangief screamed, “She's insane!”

Natsuru yelled, “Akira, put that thing down! Now! We are too close! You pull that trigger, we all die!”

Rock, in the other car's driver's see took a look back, and she also saw what was happened. As she turned back to face the front of the road, she yelled, “Akira, put that thing down!”

Akira lowered her weapon, as she grumbled, “Thanks for calling my bluff.”

Rock kept her eyes on the front of the road, as she said, “Just don't pull stunts like this, until you talk to me, first.”

Akira replied, “Fine. I won't.”

Meanwhile, everyone else let out a sign of relief.

A few seconds later, Akira noticed a man, on a motorcycle was coming towards them. The man were black clothing, including an open black leather coat long coat, and a black helmet.

The motorcycle was about fifty yards away, and coming up fast on them.

Akira grin wickedly, as she turned her weapon on the biker, while she said, “Rock, how about that guy? He is not to close, and he is coming towards us.”

Rock looked in the mirror and she could tell that the biker was intentionally approaching them.

Rock thought, 'That is likely one of Bob's allies. As such...' She said, “The biker is all yours.”

Akira smiled, as she replied, “Thank you.” She held up her China Lake, and she fired on the biker.

The biker veered his motorcycle away just in time for the grenade to miss him, and his motorcycle.

The grenade hit the road and exploded far enough away from behind him, to not effect him, nor his motorcycle.

Just as Akira cocked the China Lake for another round, the motorcyclist swiftly used his right hand to reach into his coat, and he pulled out a semi-automatic pistol.

The man then quickly aimed and shot at Akira, hitting the top of her hat off her head. With the hat falling into the front seat by Rock.

Akira realized that the biker could have killed her, if he had wanted too. She held out her weapon, in a manner that showed she no longer wanted to fight. She then turned around, and gently set her China Lake grenade launcher back on the floor, under the backseat of the red convertible.

Akira then sat down in the backseat.

As the motorcyclist watched Akira sit down, he holstered his semi-automatic pistol, as he continued to approach them.

Meanwhile, in the front of the blue convertible, Bob looked Ranma, as he demanded, “Where the hell did she get that thing from?!”

Ranma answered, “She is are resident gun nut. Fabiola gave it to her. She already used that type of weapon, once before, and she found that she liked it.”

Bob mentally screamed, 'Fabiola?! They know Fabiola! That is one step from Roberta, the Bloodhound!'

Ranma inquired, “So, Bob? You know of me?”

Bob responded, “Of course. Besides the web articles, and sport magazines articles, that I use to read, while in my previous job. When I left this reality, I came back with a copy of your series. You have lead an interesting life, Ranma.”

Ranma admitted, “Yes. I have. So, how far into my series are you?”

Bob answered, “Ed and I have only watched half the anime, and read a third of the manga. It is a long series, in both formats.”

Ranma conceded, “”Very true. Still, you haven't even gotten to the good parts yet. Just some interesting notes. I took down a half-dragon prince, an avatar to a deity, and a phoenix god. And that is short list.”

Ed had been overhearing their conversation. She spoke up, “That is gloat-able material.”

Ranma smirked, as she replied, “I know. And what happened after the series was even more crazier.”

Bob asked, “Such as.”

Ranma questioned, “Well, you noticed that I am with Nataru and Akira?”

Bob kept his eyes on the road in front of him, ahead of Ranma, as he replied, “Yes.”

Ranma smirk turned into a leering smile, as she said, “We are a threesome.”

Bob stated, “That is not surprising. It does not take a genius to figure out that one person is just not enough for you.”

Ranma responded, “True. I bet you don't even know who they are.”

Bob remained silent, as he thought, 'I know that Natsuru is a gender bending Kampfer. But, I still cannot place Akira. Not that I want you too know that I know who Natsuru is.'

Ranma took Bob's silent to be his answer. She said, “I see I was right. It will be fun when you find out.”

In the backseat of the blue convertible, Zangief and Natsuru had stopped fighting, and they were looking at each other.

Zangief said to Natsuru, “This is getting kind of out of hand.”

Natsuru looked around. She turned back to Zangief, as she stated, “I agree. Can I just get into my friend's car?”

Zangief responded, “Go ahead. We can continue this when not in the middle of a high speed chase.”

Natsuru complimented, “Yes. And I was not so crazy about fighting you, in the first place. You can definitively hold you own against us, while bare handed. Not many people can say that.”

Zangief replied, “Thank you. Now, please get out of this car.”

Natsuru turned and jump over into the backseat of Rock's car, beside Akira.

As this went one, while Bob and Rock were still driving at high speed, they were not longer clashing their vehicles against each other.

By then, the biker was right behind the two cars.

As the biker saw the two cars were no longer ramming against each other, he took the opportunity to ride up the left side of the blue convertible, along the emergency stopping lane. Which was opposite side from where the red convertible was.

As Zangief turned and saw the biker was now riding along side the car, right behind him.

Zangief the saw the biker used his right hand pistol to motion for Zangief to pick him up.

Zangief did as he was requested to do. He gently picked up the driver, and set him in the backseat, to Zangief's left side.

Without a driver, the motorcycle soon tipped over and crashed on the emergency stopping lane of the road.

Ranma saw this, as she looked behind Bob, where both Zangief and the biker were standing in the back seat.

The biker had his arms crossed, while Zangief cracked his knuckles.

Zangief ordered, “Get off car. Now.”

Ranma just nodded, as she stood up and jumped into the passenger front seat of Rock's car.

Bob watched at Ranma leap from his car, to the other car.

Bob then turned back to look in front of him, as he saw the two man with his rear view mirrors. He stated, “Good job. Now, sit down.”

Both men did so, as in the other car, the women sat down, as well.

It was then, that everyone saw they they were entering a shipyard, full of cargo containers. That were set in what looked to be two large mazes, on each side of the road.

Fortunately, there was plenty of lighting, from floodlights, which allow everyone to see around them.

Bob said, “Buckled up everyone. We are doing plan C. Zangief, take Nataru with you, and keep seeing if you can wake him up.”

Zangief stated, “Roger that Bob.”

Bob stated, “Ed. Plan C is to scatter, and double back to our car.”

Ed replied, “Got you.” She closed her laptop, set it, and set it under her seat.

Everyone belted then up, with Ed buckling in Nataru.

Bob said, “Now, hold on.”

Bob slammed the brakes on his blue convertible, with Rock not realizing what was happening, as she continued driving her red convertible, for another hundred yards, before she slowed down, and began to turn around.

Everyone quickly unbuckled from themselves the car, with Bob and Ed unbuckling Nataru. They all then got out of the car.

Zangief put Nataru over his right shoulder, as he, Bob, Ed, and the biker scattered in four directions, down four different corridor of cargo containers, from both sides of the road.

(_)

Around thirty seconds later, Rock stopped her red convertible beside the blue convertible, to Rock's right side.

All four women in the car had watched Bob's group had scatter into the maze of large cargo containers.

Rock said, “Everyone out.”

Everyone then got out of Rock's car, with Akira taking a moment to retrieve her cowgirl hat.

As Akira looked at the hot at the top of her cowgirl hat, she thought, 'I am going to have to get a replacement to this hat. Though, that should not be a problem.' She then put her hat onto her head.

Meanwhile, Rock choose not to pull out her sonic shotgun, as she got out of her car.

Rock then look around. She saw her three friends were out of the car, and standing on the road. She ordered, “Ranma, go after Zangief. Natsuru, the biker is yours. Akira, go after Bob. I will take down Ed. Also, try not to kill, nor cripple anyone. Unless you have too. I want them all alive and mostly unharmed.”

Rock thought, 'So, I can get answers from them. Like why they are helping Bob, in the first place. And who is that biker?'

Natsuru said, “Yes, ma'am.”

Ranma commented, “We'll do it.”

Akira replied, “No problem.”

The four women split up, and went after their prey, alone.

Ranma and Natsuru jumped on top of the containers, and ran along the top of the containers. While Akira and Rock ran into the maze of containers, at ground level.

(_)

Three minutes later, Zangief was running, while he carried Nataru over his right shoulder.

Zangief thought, 'I admit, I am not the fastest person there is. And that three way fight, then the slug fest with the blue haired girl, took some of it out of me. But, I would not dare call myself, russian, if I wasn't in this for the long haul.'

Suddenly, Zangief saw Ranma dropped down right in front of him.

Zangief stopped in his tracks, as he looked at the smaller, japanese redhead.

Ranma cracked a grin, as she, “Well Zangief. I never thought that we would be fighting, one on one, again, like this.”

Zangief replied, “Life is funny that way.”

Zangief then walked to the outside wall of a nearby container. He then gently set Nataru, whom was still dazed, in a sitting position, with his back against the wall.

Zangief turned and walked the center of the large area the containers created. He was about thirty feet from where Ranma was standing.

Zangief warmly said, “Thank you for giving me time to set that man done.”

Ranma replied, “No problem. We both know we were holding back in the parking lot, due to not wanted to seriously injure the others.”

Zangief agreed, “That is true... Ranma.”

Ranma shrugged, as she responded, “So, you know? That is not surprising, since Bob is your student.”

Zangief stated, “Yes. Bob did answer a few questions I had about you. And both your gender forms. And I find it both hypocritical and narcissistic of you, that during street fighter tournament, four years ago, that your entered twice into the circuit. Once as male, going by Ranma. And once as female, going by Ranko.”

“Though, I found it hilarious that you were defeated in both forms. So, early in that circuit. And that is the only reason I am not going to inform those that run the circuit of what you did.”

Ranma admitted, “Yes. I admit that I cheated, in a way. And I was still soundly knocked out of the tournament early on. And that was mostly due to my own arrogance, back then.”

Zangief commented, “You are not the first fighter to lose due to their own pride.”

Ranma responded, “I know. And during that tournament, I did not realize that Chun-Li could kick with such power. She solidly defeated me in my girl form. And Sakura, Ryu's student, took me by surprise, as a guy.”

“Between you and me. And I will deny I said this, if you repeat.”

Zangief said, “My lips are sealed. So, what about Ryu's little student.”

Ranma commented, “Everyone is little to you.”

Zangief requested, “True. Now, please continue.”

Ranma stated, “Some people consider me to be a martial arts prodigy. But, Sakura is on a whole other level than me. She literally mastered my attacks against her, within minutes of experiencing them, first hand. And the fact she could take the attacks was also impressive. That girl is a genius fighter with more potential that even I have at learning martial arts. That was a first time, someone had every so soundly beaten me.”

“Sure, Chun-Li, Ryu, Ken, Ryoga, and a few others have beaten me, over these years. In various matches But, those defeats were usually caused by a surprise blow. And they were close fights.”

“But, Sakura matched me blow for blow, and took her fighting skills a notch above my own abilities. She also basically turned my attacks against me, in record time. And I considered it no shame to be beaten by her.”

Zangief commented, “There is always someone better than you. That is a part of life, for everyone.”

Ranma agreed, “Very true. After that fight. I warned Sakura about the Chinese Amazons. Female, or not. If Cologne. One of my teachers. And she is one of the nicer ones, at that. Though, if she ever learned of Sakura's abilities and potential. She would do everything in her power to get that girl into her tribe. And Cologne can be scary when she is trying to bring someone back to china, with her.”

By the way, did Bob inform you of the Chinese Amazons? If not. These women you don't want to fight. Winning is the worst thing you can do against them. As I learned the hard way.”

Zangief stated, “I had already heard of the Chinese amazons, years before Bob informed me of them.”

Ranma said, “Good. Well, I am glad that a decent person like Ryu was Sakura's teacher. If someone else had gotten their hands on her, the world could have been in trouble.”

Zangief replied, “No argument there. Now, back to your cheating. I hope you did not enter yourself against, in the subsequent street fighter circuits.”

Ranma stated, “I didn't. Soon after I was disqualified twice from that tournament, due to my defeats. My friend, Ryoga learned what I did. And well, he knew about my curse... Abilities...”

Zangief commented, “Bob also informed me of Jusenkyo. I have no plans to ever go to that part of China.”

Ranma said, “Oh. Good. Well, my father was an idiot to take us there, in the first place.”

Zangief questioned, “That goes without saying. So, about Ryoga?”

Ranma answered, “He basically said, if I did that again, he would tell on me. And I took him at his word. So, instead. I alternated which gender I would enter into each tournament. Basically. Man, woman, man, woman. Etcetera.”

Zangief said, “Good. And while Ryoga did soundly defeat me, that one time. I did not take his defeat of myself, personally. Also, he was polite about winning that match. As such, that man has struck me as an honorable.

Ranma soberly mentioned, “He is. Or now, she is. I think we based by her, and I believe a woman that is Ryu, during our chase.”

Zangief sadly said, “I was hoping that my imagination.” Zangief's voice gained a bit of anger, as he continued, “And Bob also told me about what Chang did to so many people. Including, our friends.”

Ranma commented, “Don't worry. That line forms to the left with her.”

Zangief replied, in a calmer tone of voice, “I hope so.”

Ranma casually asked, “So, are we going to fight?”

Zangief shrugged, as he answered, in a playful tone of voice, “Or, you can let us go.”

Ranma got the joke, as she stated, with mild disbelief in her tone of voice, “Zangief, I never thought I would ever hear you say a joke like that. You have been around Bob way too long.”

Zangief cracked a grin, as he stated, “I taught that boy how to fight. The boy taught myself, and those with us, something called genre savviness. I think I got the better end of the stick on our lessons. Because of that, I even considered refunding Ed's payment, due to the swap of knowledge.”

“But, given Bob and Ed are honorable people. They would have likely not accepted the refund. That is why I am hear, helping them, in the first place.”

Ranma complimented, in a sincere tone of voice, “That is very nice of you, Zangief.”

Zangief stated, “Thank you, Ranma. And Pirates of the Caribbean is a fun set of movies to watch.” He thought, 'Nataru and I enjoyed watching those movies. And even Boris found those movies funny, and pleasant to watch.'

Ranma thought, 'Just great. This walking giant that has learned, and gone savvy on me. I am in trouble. But, girl has to do what a girl has to do.'

Ranma agreed, “You got that right. So, let's dance.”

Ranma charged at Zangief.

Zangief replied by rush at her.

Ranma jumped, and did a flying kick with her right foot.

Zangief used his left arm to block Ranma's kick.

Ranma fell to the ground, on her feet, in front of Zangief, as Zangief attempted to grab hold of her, to do one of his grappling moves on her.

But, Ranma was too quick, and she jumped out of the way.

Ranma then continued to use her speed and agility to avoid Zangief's attacks, as she hit him in several places, with her punches and kicks. Though, she was mindful to heed Bob's warning, and not hit Zangief in the crotch.

After a few minutes, Ranma jumped back several feet. As she landed on her feet, she made sure, from her angle, that Natsuru was not behind Zangief.

Ranma smirked, as she stated, “Zangief. We both know you have already taken quite a pounding today. The slug fest in the car against Natsuru, alone, would have put me out of commission. I wonder how many times you can slap energy blasts, over and over, again.”

Zangief just grimaced, as he brought both his hands up, to defend himself. He stated, “I can do it as many times as possible.”

Ranma said, “I believe that you believe that. And you should know. I have not be slouching on my training, either. With Natsuru's help, I learned out to throw my energy balls quickly. I just don't like using this attack because I don't want to accidentally kill someone. But, I am sure you can take it. Big guy.”

Ranma then started using both her hands to throw balls of energy at Zangief, in quick succession.

Zangief used his hands to knock several of the energy balls away, but as the seconds dragged on, a few of the attacks were starting to get through. And though Zangief could take the blows without serious injury, Ranma could see that the blasts were having an effect of wearing him down.

(_)

Meanwhile, as Zangief was being pounded by Ranma, Natsuru was leaning against the large container, as he was coming too.

Nataru asked himself, 'What happened?... Or, that is right, I took a fireball to the face.' He took a look he saw large containers stacked around him, with large cranes in distance, towering over the containers.

Nataru then noticed a fight in front of him, between Zangief and redheaded asian woman.

And Zangief was on the losing side of a fight with a redheaded asian woman.

Nataru continued his thoughts, 'Bob must have used plan C. And Zangief could use some help. If I remember correctly, from what Bob and Zangief stated. That woman is Ranma. She is a master martial artist. But, I can take her. I think super-speed will be best for this situation.'

Nataru stood up, and used his super-speed to run towards Ranma from her left side. As he reached the redhead, he lightly punch Ranma with just another force to knock Ranma to the ground.

As Ranma hit the ground, she caught herself with her hands.

She swiftly used her momentum, to rolled on her side. With her landing on her butt. She then leaned up, to see Nataru standing over her.

Nataru looked down at Ranma, as he firmly stated, “Ranma Saotome. I know who you are. My name is Nataru. I am of the same bio-engineered species as Birdy. I can also fight at her level. Given that, we both know you do not want to fight me. And we both know you will have other opportunities to catch Bob. I request that stand down, for your own well being.”

“Besides, I have been trained, and I use to work in physical therapy, in a hospital, here in Tokyo. I do not want to have to break you. Only, for me to have patch you up, later. I would find that too much trouble, for both us of.”

Ranma thought, 'The fact that I did not even see him come at me, makes me believe him. And if he is telling the truth, then I cannot take in him a straight fight.'

Ranma said, “I agree. Okay. You win. Have a great night.”

Nataru replied, “Thank you. And do not follow us.”

Ranma responded, “I won't.” She mentally added, 'Damn.'

Nataru turned, and calmly walked over to Zangief. When he reached Zangief, he noticed that Zangief was still standing.

Zangief looked over at Nataru, as he said, “It is good to see you up and moving, Nataru.”

Nataru replied, “It is good to see you up and standing, Zangief. Can you still walk?”

Zangief answered, “Yes. But, probably not very far.”

Nataru warmly smiled, as he walked closer to his friend. He stated, “Okay then. You have been carrying me. Now, let me carry you. Which direction is the car?”

Zangief used his right hand, to pointed in the direction behind him, as he responded, “About three hundreds meters behind us. Though, we turned a few corners, so I am not exactly sure which direction the car is in.” He then dropped his right hand back to his side.

Nataru looked behind Zangief, as he stated, “Okay. I am going to teleport us to the top of the container over there. Then, do a few more teleports, until we get to our car. Though, from personal experience, when I am a little dazed, I find teleporting be a little disorienting. So, do not let that bother you.”

Zangief nodded once, as he replied, “I won't. And I am ready when you are.”

(_)

Nearby, Ranma then watched as Nataru then teleport both himself, and Zangief away from her location.

Ranma then stood up, and she slowly began to walk in the direction of both Rock and Bob's cars.

As Ranma walked, she thought, 'I think I will take my time. I do not want that guy to see me. He is one of the last people on this Earth I want to upset. Still, when this over, I am going to have to looked up the old gang. If Ryoga and Ryu have been changed into women by Chang. And given the news reports of Ken's mysterious sister showing up. I am guessing Ken as been changed, as well. I need to check on everyone I know. I fear that a number of them will likely be new mothers.'

(_)

In another part of the shipyard, Ed was making her way through the maze of large cargo containers. Though, instead of running, Ed was jogging to conserve energy.

Ed had already made it to where she felt she could not start making her way around the containers, back to the car.

So, she then turned another corner, as started her turn back towards Bob's car.

A few seconds later, she heard someone, several feet behind her, say, “Ed, stop!”

Ed stopped in her tracks. She turned turned around to see Rock, whom was quickly catching up with her.

A few seconds later, Rock stopped about ten feet from her.

Ed noticed a few things about Rock, as she thought, 'Rock is not out of breath in the slightest. Interesting. She is likely tougher than more people, as well.' She cracked a grin, as she thought, 'Oh. I think this could be fun.'

Meanwhile, Rock mentally reflected, 'Good. I have caught up with her. I will not use my sonic shotgun on her. Still, I don't think I will need to. She immediately surrendered when we found her in her hotel room. And the series never showed that she could fight. I got this.'

Ed coldly asked, “What do you want with Ed? Considering, Ed has done nothing to Rock, nor Rock's friends?”

Rock calmly stated, “Ed. I apologize. But, my friends and I agreed that you are too dangerous to let roam the multiverse.”

Ed pointed out, “Ed not spoken too about this. Ed not agree to anything. Ed just want to have fun. That is why Ed with Bob. Bob understands fun that Ed likes. And Bob respects Ed enough to wait for Ed to spread her legs, when she is ready. Which, given how much Bob has gone through to save Ed, tonight, will likely be very soon.”

Rock thought, 'Whoa. Now, this girl... No. This woman knows how to thank someone. Still, I don't like breaking up these two, but I have too. My sense of responsibility demands I do so.'

Rock explained, “That is the problem, Ed. Given your intelligence, playful nature, and skill set, in you having fun, you could cause a disaster without even realizing it.”

Ed conceded, “Okay. Ed now admits, thinking back, that the planetary graffiti was a little much. But, what had Ed otherwise done that was so horrible for others not to trust, Ed?”

Rock was silent for a few seconds.

Ed stated, “Hah. Rock has no examples to give.”

Rock responded, “Ed. You are just going to have to take my word on this.”

Ed showed anger on her face, as she yelled, with rage in her voice, “Ed disagrees! And this cat has claws!”

Ed then roared like a large cat, as she came at Rock.

Rock quickly found herself in a fight which would be best described as fighting someone as vicious as a tiger.

Even with her enhanced reflexes, Rock was never really a fighter, and it suddenly showed, as Ed started her attack with a powerful blow to her stomach, knocking wind out of Rock.

Ed followed her first attack with a punch, with her right fist, to Rock's jaw. The attack was continued with painful punch to each of Rock's breasts, simultaneously.

Ed finished her attack by using her left foot to do a with a painful upper kick to Rock's groin.

As Rock collapsed to the ground in pain, Ed smirked, as Ed said, “Flawless victory.”

Ed thought, 'Though, that is Mortal Kombat and not Street Fighter. Though, it still works in this case.'

Rock laid on the ground, her right hand covering her crotch, while her left hand held her right breast, and her left forearm cover her left breast. She could barely think due to the pain she felt. Though, she thought, 'That hurt more than I expected it would, as a woman. And I never realized how painful being hit in the breasts is for a woman.'

Ed then kicked Rock a few more times in the gut, which completely broke Rock's train of thought.

After Ed stopped kicking Rock, she looked down at Rock, as she coldly stated, “Ed has been taking care of Ed's self for over a decade. You forgot Ed's father is, Siniz Hesap Lutfen Appledelhi. Ed's father teach her to fight, when very young. Ed just don't like fighting. Now, Rock never kidnap Ed, again. Or, Rock will suffer worse.”

Ed then gave Rock another kick to Rock's gut, for good measure, before she turned and started back to running towards Bob's car.

Though, instead of continuing on her planned path, Ed just double backed on the route she has just taken to reach the point she was at.

As Ed jogged, she thought, 'Just retracing path should be quicker than continuing the other way. And less chance of getting lost. Ed not worry about Rock catching up, right now. But, Ed hopes that Rock recovered from beating Ed gave her.'

(_)

Nearby, Rock watched as Ed ran away from her. While she was still in much pain, she calmly thought, 'Oh. That is right. Ed's father, Mister Appledelhi was able to kick with Jet and Spike asses at the same time, in hand to hand combat. And he was not even fighting seriously with them. It would make sense that she knows how to fight, as well. I just wished I had remembered that little tidbit, about the Cowboy Bebop series, sooner.'

'Before, I got my ass kicked by her.'

'And I honestly do not hate her for kicking my ass. I deserved it. Which is why I am going to let her go... For now. Still, I really should think about my recent actions. Lord, I hope I have not become as bad as Chaka... No. I have not. Sure. I have kidnapped someone. But, made sure Ed was properly taken care of. I did not do anything horrible to her, while she was with us.'

'Hell, Revy kidnapped me, the first day we met. And that was the best thing that ever happened in my life. Still, I plan to lay here for a few more minutes until the pain eases to the point that I can walk straight. Thankfully, since I don't have anything broken, nor severally injured, with the super-soldier serum I have, I should be fine within the hour.'

Rock then continued to lay on the pavement, as she patiently waited for her body to recover enough to move. Though, with the super-soldier serum in her bloodstream, she had better than average recuperative abilities, and she would recover sooner, rather than later.

(_)

An another part of the maze of cargo containers, Bob ran through the corridors the large containers, as he used his plan to double back to his car. But, he made a mistake, he took a wrong turn, and he found himself at a dead end.

And when Bob turned around, he saw a long figure between him and his escape.

The person was the blond cowgirl. She was thirty feet from him. She had on her weapons, hat, and shades.

The blond cowgirl walked towards him, as she said, “Hello Bob.”

Bob thought, 'There is no point in panicking. I may still be able to talk my way out of this situation. And I believe this woman's friends called her, Akira. But, I want her to confirm that, before I call her that name.'

Bob calmly replied, “Hello... Whomever you are.”

The woman giggled. She then said, “I heard from, Zangief, that he trained you. And he is quite the fighter. Not many people can hand myself, and my two lovers.”

Bob thought, 'Dear lord. So, Ranma was correct. This woman's two lovers are Ranma and Natsuru. She must never get any sleep.'

Bob agreed, “Yes. He is a great fighter. On the other hand, I am likely not.”

The blond woman came to a stop, ten feet from Bob, as she stated, “I would like to test that. I admit, my hand to hand is not that great, either. But, when you have so many badasses eclipsing you in nearly every way, it is hard to find a way to gauge one's skills. Not, that I am envious about it. I have my own skills that shine. Yet, I suspect you are closer to my skill level.”

Bob conceded, “I admit. I was trained to fight. Given the way my life is heading, I figured such a skill set was a wise idea to gain. Though. I really do not want to fight you.”

The blond woman inquired, “You don't like to fight girls?”

Bob answered, “I do not. And I try to avoid fighting, in general. I prefer to talk my way out of my problems. Such as this situation.”

The blond woman replied, “Well, you are not going to be able to talk your way out of this mess. And do not worry about the no hitting girls rule. You could say I am am a special case.”

The blond woman took of her hat, and held it upside down in front of her. She then took off her glass and dropped them in her hat. She finally dropped the hat to her side, onto the concrete ground.

Bob could now clearly see the blond woman's face and eyes.

Bob thought, 'She is not going to let me walk out of here. And she has guns and knifes. But, she prefers to try hand to hand with me. This is a better situation than I hoped. I can go for a nonlethal, non-crippling knockout, and then escape.'

'Also, now that I can finally see her eyes and face. There was simply familiar about her, but I cannot put my finger on it.'

'And I am happy I did not put my shades after I left that bar. Right before this chase. Still, my coat is going to slow me down.'

Bob took off his coat, folded it, and laid it on a clean spot on the concrete ground.

Bob said, “While, I prefer not to hit people. I will hit you, or any woman, if I have too.”

The blond woman cracked a grin, as she replied, “Then, let us see you try.”

The blond woman rushed at Bob.

Bob sidestepped the first punch from the woman's right hand, but the woman's second punch, with her left hand, hit him in the jaw.

Bob returned the favor, by using his right fist punch to her stomach.

The blond woman was able to handle Bob's punch. The blond woman followed Bob's blow with a spin kick, with her right leg, to the left side of Bob's lower abdomen.

Bob took the blow, but he used his left arm to hook her right lower left between his left arm and left side of his chest.

Bob then used his right hand to punch to the blond in her jaw.

When Bob tried again, the blond woman used her left arm to block the blow, while hitting Bob in the jaw with her right fist.

Bob immediately let go of the woman's right leg, as he too a few steps back, while she hobbled back a few feet, before she got both of her feet, on good footing, on the ground.

The blond woman complimented, “You are not bad.”

Bob said, “You are not bad yourself. We can still stop this. You know?”

The blond replied, “I don't think so.” She then charged at Bob, again.

This time, when she throw a punch with her right hand, Bob caught her right forearm, in his hands, and he threw her over his back, and onto the concrete floor.

The blond woman did not let the landing on her back stop her. As she quickly rotated her body clockwise, while she did a quick scissors kick on Bob's lower legs, which tripped him, and cause him to fall onto this back.

Both of them quickly rolled away from each other, and swiftly got back to their feet, at the same time

As they got up, they charged at each other.

After several blows, blocks, and counterstrikes, the blond woman used her right knee to hit Bob in the groin.

She painfully found out that Bob was wearing an athletic cup.

The blond mentally cursed, 'Damn. He came prepared. I should have saw this coming.'

While detracted by a sore knee, blond woman did not anticipate Bob immediately doing a headbutt that cause them both to take a few steps back in a painful daze.

Both of them placed one of their hands on their own foreheads, as Bob muttered, “Kevin James was right...”

The blond then stated the rest of the comment with Bob, in unison, “Nobody wins in headbutt.”

Bob removed his heads from his head, as he looked more closely at the blond woman. He demanded, “Not many people would get that reference, so quickly. Who the hell are you?”

The blond woman removed her hands from her head, as she turned to view Bob. She casually stated, “Alright. Since we know about the deluxe package, and I overheard you talking to Ranma about her series, I will just tell you. I am from the Gacha Gacha Secret manga series.” The blond bowed as her waist, in a masculine fashion. She then leaned back up, as she introduced herself, “Akira Hatsushiba, at your service.”

Bob said, in slightly surprise, “Special case, indeed. Though, it really doesn't matter to me. Still, I admit that I read your entire manga. Well, the full english translated version. Ed and I both found your series to be very funny. I got to say that you definitely brought some genre savvy to the gender bending genre.”

Akira smiled, as she replied, “Thank you.”

Bob inquired, “But, how did you go from a happy go lucky guy... to this?”

Akira smirked, “I met some crazy friends. And we literally got dragged into a crazy adventure. I will have to tell it to you someday.”

Bob responded, “I looked forward it. Though, it will have to be a day when you are no longer chasing me... What a minute... The bikini disintegration, during that bikini contest, years ago? That video on the web? That was you?”

Akira answered, “Yes. That was me. That embarrassment has haunted me in a number of ways, for years. But, I admit, I brought it on myself.”

Bob stated, while in slight shock, “Oh lord. I remember reading that chapter in the Gacha Gacha Secret manga. It is the same as the video on the net. And years ago, I first saw the video, when I...” He immediately caught himself, as he realized what he was about to say.

Akira responded, in a comforting tone of voice, “Do not feel bad about it. I one time surfed the web. I found the video. And I didn't realize until soon after I start... Well... That. And I only realized it was me, a few minute after I began.”

Bob commented, “That must have really messed you up in your head.”

Akira shrugged, as she said “Not really. I was sick to be stomach for a while after that. But, I got over the experience. By the way, I know this is not covered in my manga, but I did find out the origin to my gender changing abilities. Do you want to hear about it?”

Bob replied, “Sure.”

Akira explained, “While the manga did hint that my gender bending ability is inherited... Yes. I did read my own series. So have most of my friends, including Ranma, Natsuru, and Rock, has seen and read their own series. And Ranma, Natsuru, mine, and several other series that you have probably read about, on your laptop, exist in this reality, that you and I both were born in. How is that for several mind screws at once?”

Bob shook his head, as he said, “I am not even going there.”

Akira lips curled into a wicked grin, as she stated, “That is wise of you. I am sure you already know that sneezing triggers my gender change. Now, getting my origins. There was a chapter dealing with a great-uncle, whom I talked about to my think love interest, Yurika. Very sad ending with my great-uncle.”

Bob commented, “True. I remembered that chapter. It was a sad ending. But, if I remember, in the story, your great-uncle's transformation was triggered by being struck by lightning.”

Akira complimented, “Good catch.”

Bob commented, “Though, I thought that story was mostly imagined, and that was not really what you told your friend at the time. Or, she would have figured out about your gender bending ability.”

Akira responded, “True. I imagined one thing. A which was in that chapter. And I told her another. Though, it seems there was some truth in that series. After my series ended, I did some digging, and I found my great-uncle's journal. And what I imagined, actually happened. Though, I was wrong about one point. He did occasionally date. It is just that he never settled down, and got married.'

Bob replied, “Interesting.”

Akira said, “Yes. And it is electricity triggers my latent abilities. Which was mess up slightly because I was in that VR rig, my female gender form some how imprinted this form, instead of a counterpart to my male from. Like Ranma and Natsuru have.”

Bob guessed, “And that brain damage problem that you had solved at the end of your series was not do to the changing abilities itself, but the imprinting?”

Akira stated, “Yes. I had it this all confirmed a few years ago when my sister was hit by lightning and afterward, she could change gender with a sneeze.”

Bob asked with concern, “Is she okay?”

Akira responded, “Yes. And she had no brain damage problems or anything. And her male form looks like the male equivalent of her female form.”

Bob replied, “That is even more interesting.”

Akira said, “Yes. It is. Actually, Kaori is better than fine. She is enjoying playing both sides of the field, now. Also, switching genders back and forth for those like my sister and I. causes our female monthly cycle to reset to where it would be if our period has just ended. Meaning, as long as we swap back and forth, and we do not stay female for a number of weeks, there are no worries for us about getting pregnant, nor having said monthly problems. I was even put a situation that confirmed that theory.”

Bob replied, “I bet that made Kaori's day.”

Akira gave Bob a leering grin, as she said, “Oh. It did. Though, we still had to be careful about not getting other women pregnant while we do it as male.”

Bob complimented, “That is a wise precaution.”

Akira responded, “Thank you. Anyway, it seems a strong electrical shock is all that it takes to awaken my family's alien genes. Yes. I have alien ancestry. Though, not much. I had myself medically checked in both forms. And outside of a few genetic strands in my genome, I am human in both my gender forms.”

“But, I am clearly alien enough to make things interesting. Though, if what happened to my great-uncle is true, my family tree is more entwined with aliens, than I first realized.”

Bob thought, 'I have a very bad feeling about this. I know I am about to stick my hand in a figurative, and probably mentally scarring, bear trap, but I got to ask.'

Bob asked, “I guess, that may be the case. So, which alien species are you talking about?”

Akira answered, “Actually, two alien species. I had genetic testing, done by a friend. And she later confirmed both sides of my alien ancestry.”

“One alien species has been on Earth for a very long time. They are known as the Shimeru. They are from the Futaba-kun Change manga. I have read the manga. It is not bad. I am glad I did not have the same problems Futaba had while going puberty. Still, I know Futaba personally. We are friends. And he, or she... Depending the mood. Is a wonderful person.”

Bob thought, 'So, Akira personally knows Futaba. Along with Birdy, Ranma, Nataru, and the some of the Lagoon cast. I think it is academic to guess that Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, were part Rock's crew, whom took down Chang. And they had an adventure in the multiverse, before they fought Chang. That is the only way this all fits.'

'Though, I will find out later. After my friends and I escape. For right now, I need to listen to Akira's explanation.'

“The other species have been in hiding here on Earth, for at least centuries. Maybe longer. Their species is very long lived. They are called Alterans.”

“Anyway, Alterans look very close to humans. Also, their species are members of a space Federation. Unfortunately, not the Star Trek kind of Federation. Many of the other members species of the more beast like, and many of those members are bigots towards Alterans, and by extension humans. Because we look like them.”

“I know. It sucks. And it gets worse.”

“Though, I have no been there. The Federation is not the only galaxy spanning nation in the Milky Way Galaxy of this reality. There is another nation that I know of, the Federation's enemy, whom are known as the Union.”

“One of the key species that populates the Union is the Shimeru, thought the Shimeru species on Earth has no idea the Union even exists. Except for Futaba, and Futaba's immediate family.”

“And quite frankly, I nearly found out the hard way, that both sides would like to have my hide, because I have am related to their enemies. I pray neither side finds out that due to both Shimeru and Alterans living on Earth. With both groups mating with humanity, that humanity has blood relations on both sides of their cold war.”

Bob's eyes went wide, while terror crept into his heart, as he thought, 'Oh crap. Oh crap! This is bad on several levels. Both personal and planetary levels. And when it comes to person, it is just as I expected. This information puts it all together.'

(_)

Around six months ago, for Bob, in the Cowboy Bebop reality, in the Moon Guard police station, inside the medical lab...

Jet and the doctor watched as Bob's face paled sheet white, and his jaw dropped.

Jet looked at the doctor, as he asked, “What is going on?”

The doctor continued to look at Bob, as he stated, “He must have seen what his body would look like if his dormant DNA was active.”

Jet turned to Bob, as he inquired, “Hey boy. What did the computer show you? Did you skin turned blue, and you grew a third arm?”

Jet's comment broke Bob out of his shock. He looked over at Jet and the doctor. He stated, “No. That would be more believable. Let us just say I lose some body parts, and leave it at that.” Bob then turned to the doctor, as he asked, “Doctor. How would someone activate such DNA?”

The doctor answered, “Without seeing the results of the compile, I can only guess. But, from the DNA already compiled, it seems that it could be triggered on its own.”

Bob eyes widened, as he thought, 'I can turn into that! On my own! Dear god, no!'

On the monitor, Bob had just seen the representation of his male body, into in the female distaff counterpart. Watching the picture of himself change genders, while nude, as the frontal genitalia changed from male to female, was a shock to Bob.

Though, barring the breasts, female genitalia, and feminine curves and features, Bob could still see the similarities between the two of them. Including, their black hair, eye color, and their face still looked very similar to each other. The female one, had female curves and features to the jawbone and forehead. Though, she was clearly a few years younger than he currently was.

(_)

Akira's reality, Tokyo, docks, the present...

Bob continued his thoughts, 'My alien genes are of the same origins as Akira's genes. And electricity triggers our genes. If I get electrocuted, I will likely wind up like her. A gender bender.'

'And it seems that outside of Earth, both these species are enemies. Well, that just means that I will not be traveling off of Earth, in this reality. But, I can travel to other alien worlds, in another realities. So, that is a small loss.'

Akira mistook Bob's reaction, as she inquired, “You have heard of these alien species?”

Bob thought, 'I better throw her off the scent, before she puts two two together. Akira may not be the smartest person around. But, as either a he, or a she, Akira can be surprisingly good as piecing things together.'

Bob answered, “Yes. I know the fiction sources for both those alien species. I read the Futaba-kun Change manga. I found it... Interesting.”

Akira replied, “No arguments there.”

Bob said, “Also, I am sure you are eventually going to back track Birdy's series. The franchise is called, Birdy the Mighty. This reality uses the Birdy Decode series. I have already seen the Decode series is all the way through.”

“And I believe that you should know, beforehand. That when you watch the second season, you are going to have some bad reactions how you feel about Nataru. The person Natsuru knocked out. But, I have been with him for six months. He has recovered. And he is fairly sane. And nice. For someone in his situation.”

Akira commented, “I will take that under advisement.” She thought, 'Nataru must have done something very bad, for Bob to make such a comment. Though, I will look into that matter, later.'

Bob thought, 'Now, that those matters are dealt with. I have to ask one more question about Akira and her two lovers. I don't know whether to be envious, or terrified by their relationship. Given, I could, in theory, end up in a similar situation are theirs.'

Bob inquired, “I have one more question for you. Since I am sure that all three of you can still change from male to female. Why have I only seen you three as female?”

Akira asked, “You know the laws of gender bending?”

Bob nodded once, as he thought, 'I have read them off the internet. And I have a very bad feeling about how she is going to answer my question.'

Akira said, in a sad tone of voice, “Then, you would likely understand. All three of us found out too late that when we changed from male to female, the hardwiring in our brains also changed from male to female. And over time, as we spent more and more time as female, our personalizes gradually became more and more feminine. Until, one day we found we are more mentally female, than male. And no matter how often we changed back to male, we stayed female upstairs.”

Bob mentally scream, 'It worse than I thought. Even though they can change back and forth, they still ended up women in both mind and body. And given Murphy's law. Now, that I know the truth. The universe. Nay. The multiverse. Is to going take a few shots at trying to take my manhood. I am not going that way. How hard can it be to avoid... It is best not to ask that question. I do not want to jinx myself.'

Bob stated, “Thank you for answering that question... I am sure that doing so was not easy for you to do.”

Akira replied, “I appreciate that you understand the emotional depth of my statement.”

Bob responded, “Trust me. I do.”

Suddenly, without warning, Akira sneezed, and Bob watched in horror, as Akira changed from a blond babe, to a black haired japanese man, while still wearing the sexy cowgirl outfit.

Bob quickly averted his eyes, as he stated, “I did not need to see that!”

Akira was embarrassed, as he quickly forced a sneeze to change back into a woman.

After she did so, she readjusted her clothing, as Bob turned back to look at her.

Bob thought, 'Well, if nothing else. The sneezing confirms Akira's identity. And it confirms how screwed my manhood might be.'

Akira stated, “I apologize for that. It is a bit cool out here, with a slight breeze. And that caused me to sneeze. This is the first time that has happened to me, in a while. I should have worn stockings. Anyway...” She then pulled out her long knives, with one in each hand, as she continued, “Sorry about this, as well. But, we have to take you in, Bob. You can surrender now, and avoid some pain.”

Bob smirked, as he said, “But, I thought you wanted a fight.”

Akira giggled, as she said, “That I do.” She then charged at Bob.

Akira took a few swings and pokes at Bob. Bob dodged a number of them, until one poke through the side of his upper, right arm, cutting through both his shirt, and his skin, with just enough of an injury to draw a few drops of blood on the tip of the blade, as Akira pulled it out of him.

Bob took a few steps back, as he yelp in pain. And Akira did not follow him.

Bob checked the wound, as he thought, 'It was not serious. It was like getting cut by a metal nail. Painful, but not serious.'

Bob then looked back over at Akira, and he was surprised by her reaction to her injuring him.

Akira had lowered her long knives, as she looked at Bob, with a concerned expression on her face. She asked, “I did not hurt you too seriously? Did I?”

Bob gave Akira a look of disbelief, as he stated, in annoyed tone of voice, “What do you think? When you play with knives, somebody is going to get hurt. The same goes for guns.”

“My parents taught me that when I was six years old, without any accidents, nor injuries. Still, I don't think this cut is going to need a stitch. And I have had a tetanus shot. But, this shirt was a gift. You are lucky it is not seriously damaged, or I would be really pissed.”

Bob then continued, in a more direct tone of voice, “And if you lick my blood, off your blade, I am going to loose all respect from you.”

Akira responded, “I won't think of it. I am not that twisted. I use to be though, until I shacked up with my current girlfriends. Love can really help one's sanity.”

Akira then raised her long knives up, as she charged at Bob.

Bob got in a defensive stand, as he thought, 'After that reaction, and she still wants to fight. You got to be kidding me. Time to end this.'

Bob quickly grabbed both of Akira's wrists, with each of his hands. And Akira immediately found out that Bob was physically stronger than she was.

Next, Bob swiftly used his right knee to hit Akira hard, in her stomach.

As the wind was knocked from Akira, she dropped her knives to the ground.

Bob quickly set his right foot on the ground, as he let good of her wrists, and pushed her back to the ground.

Bob then ran over grabbed his long coat. Bob put his coat on, as he ran away from her, and the path that he had original taken, which would lead back towards his car.

While Bob ran, he thought, 'At least I remember the way I came. I will just take the path back to my car.'

(_)

Meanwhile, as Akira got her second wind, she leaned up, in a sitting position, as she looked at Bob running away from her.

Akira thought, 'I have to say. Bob has some moves. And while I may not shoot an unarmed man, nor woman. I have no problems using bullets to indirectly stop someone.' She then look around and she quickly selected her target. She mentally added, 'That will do.'

Akira pulled out her revolvers, and she the fired a few rounds at her target.

(_)

When Bob heard the first gunshots, he thought, 'If she was shooing at me, I would be injured, or dead by now. I need to know what she is shooting at.'

Bob turned around and he saw she was firing at an angle above him.

Bob quickly followed the trajectory of Akira's aim to see that she had shot off an exposed power cable from a nearby, overhead crane. And the cable was falling toward him.

Bob swiftly back out of the way, as the power cable hit the ground, and snapped back and forth, with the electricity still in it.

Bob then realized the cable was live, he freak out, as he screamed for a few seconds, while back up to where his back was against one of the metal containers.

A second later, Bob thought, 'I sometimes hate being right. But, I got to get a hold of myself, and get out of here.'

Bob stopped himself from screaming, as he slowly made his way around downed power-line. When he make it around the electrified cable, he started running again, towards his car.

(_)

Nearby, while Akira watch Bob's freak out and escape, she mentally reflected, 'I wonder why he did that? Still, I cannot leave the power cable like that.'

She then took aim, and shot a few more rounds, where she cut the other end of the cable near the overhead crane.

She watched as the slack of the cable, that she had just cut with her bullets, fell to the ground, far away from her.

Akira thought, “That's better.”

Akira holstered her pistols. And she then stood up.

After Akira stood up straight, she went to collect her long knives, which were right in front of her.

While Akira picked up both knives, one in each hand, she looked at the blood on one of her blades, as she thought, 'At least I have something for Rock to look at.'

She then sheath the knife without blood on it, while she kept the blade that had Bob's blood on it, unsheathed, in her right hand.

Next, she went over to retrieve her hat and glasses.

After she used her free, left hand to put on her sunglasses and hat. One she was done, she turned started running in the direction that Bob took, towards their cars, with the blade in her right hand held behind her, with the tip of the blade pointed away, and behind her, for safety reasons.

(_)

Elsewhere, in the shipyard, the biker had his helmet on, as he was doing a military style jog, when Natsuru dropped in front of him.

The biker came to a stop, with the magical girl standing about thirty feet from him.

Natsuru smirked, as she said, “What do we have here?”

The biker's helmet Natsuru from seeing his face. With the biker just silently stand there, facing Natsuru, as he continued to refuse to verbally response to her.

Natsuru inquired, “A quite one?”

The biker nodded once, in response.

Natsuru complimented, “I admire people like you. You make such good listeners.”

The biker shrugged.

Natsuru questioned, “Are you going to surrender?”

The biker used his right hand to pull out his semi-automatic pistol, from his shoulder holster.

Natsuru commented, “I will take that as a, no.”

The biker shot at her legs.

Though, Natsuru's quick reflexes, and super-strength allowed her to jump out of the away, while she threw a fireball at him.

The biker dodged the blast, while he returned fire. But, he continued to miss the fast moving magical girl. Though, he aiming to maim her, instead of kill her.

What followed as a running gunfight between the biker and Natsuru, with neither getting a hit. With the biker reloading fast enough, to prevent Natsuru from taking advantage of the situation.

Though, as this battle dragged on for a few minutes, Natsuru started to tire.

Natsuru continued moving, as she thought, 'Even with my superhuman abilities, I am starting to feel those fights I had with Zangief. That guy is one hell of a badass. I am glad I took Bob's advise and not kicked him in the groin. That could have ended badly for me. Still, I cannot keep jumping around like this, and throwing fireballs. It is starting to tire me out. Let's see how good this guy is at hand to hand combat. I just have to time this right.'

After a couple of more shots, the Natsuru saw the biker run out of bullets in the current magazine in his his pistol.

As the biker was changing his empty clip, for a full clip of ammo, she quickly jump in front of the biker, and she knocked his pistol away.

Natsuru then swift threw a punch with her right fist.

The biker did not even hesitate at losing his weapon, as he blocked the blow, while returning a punch himself, with his right fist, to her jaw.

Even with Natsuru's own training and enhanced physically abilities, the biker showed to be far better fighter than she was.

As the fight continue, Natsuru was not even able to land one solid blow with her her enhanced reflexes and super-strength. The only strike she was able to make contact, against the biker's body, were glancing blows.

While, the biker had made four full contact blows on Natsuru's body.

As Natsuru struggled in the fight, she thought, with annoyance, 'I have superpowers. I have been trained by the AD Police. I was even top of my class at the AD Police academy. Along with this, I have been training with Ranma. A master at hand to hand combat. And this guy is kicking my ass.'

'Who is he?'

'Unfortunately, I cannot get a clean hit, to knock off his helmet. Though, I have a feeling that Bob intentionally wanted to hide this man's identity from us, because he realized, we would freak out if we knew who this man was.'

Suddenly, she found herself in a firm headlock, that she could not break, with the biker standing behind her.

As the man held his left forearm against the front of Natsuru's neck, the man said, through his helmet, in english, with a russian accent, “Change into a male, or I snap your neck.”

Natsuru thought, with fear, 'I don't recognize his voice. And he means it! He will kill me if I do not immediately comply. Also, he knows that my male form is weaker than my female form. But, I have no choice.'

Natsuru said, in english, “Okay. I yield. You win. I don't want to die. Nor, be crippled.”

Natsuru then changed into a guy. He was not wearing a shirt, pants, and shoes.

The biker pushed Natsuru to the ground. He then walked over and retrieved his pistol.

After the biker lean up, and reloaded his pistol, he looked over at Natsuru. He warned, “Do not follow me.”

Natsuru sat up. He looked over at the biker, as he replied, “Yes, sir.”

Natsuru noticed that his comment caused the biker's stiff for a couple of seconds.

The man then relaxed his body, as he holstered his weapon, turned around, and started jogging back the way he had come.

Half a minute later, after Natsuru watched the biker turned the corner, back towards the cars, he changed back into a woman, in her white and black seifuku. She thought, 'I think I will wait here for a few minutes. Still, I wonder why he hesitated when I said. Yes, sir. He might be military.'

'Let's see. He has a russian accent. Skilled sniper. Gunfighter to the point he can shoot accurately with his pistol, while riding a motorcycle. He is clearly an expert at hand to hand combat. And he is an overall badass... Who could he be?... Oh crap! He's Boris from Hotel Moscow.'

'I don't know how he ended up with Bob, but I think we just got off lucky. And I will keep this to myself.'

'If Rock knew that a badass like Boris was on Bob's side, she would called in the Hell Sabers. And I don't think Bob and Ed have done anything to deserve to have Two-hands, the Bloodhound, the Knifenut, and the Cleaner, after them.'

'Though, I will tell Akira and Ranma later tonight. In private. Still, as soon as we get back into town. I am going to tell Rock, that I am out of this hunt for Bob. We have crossed to many lines. And it is not worth going after Bob and Ed.'

'I have decided that we should let them have their fun. And I have no doubt that Akira and Ranma have similar thoughts on the matter, as well.'

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob made it back to his blue convertible, to find Ed, the biker, Zangief, and Nataru all standing by right side of his car, waiting for him.

Bob briskly walked up to them. As he stopped a few feet from them, and the car, he faced them. He stated, “Thanks for waiting. So, is everyone okay?”

Ed said, “Never better.”

The biker simply nodded once, in response.

Zangief commented, “I'll live.”

Bob turned to Nataru, as he inquired, “How are you doing?”

Nataru replied, “Good. I will be fine.”

Bob questioned, “That is nice to hear. So, can you teleport us, and my car? Or, do we need to continue our car chase.”

Nataru answered, “I can handle it. When and where do you want to go to?”

Bob stated, “Literally, right now. Sydney, Australia. Outside the Sydney Opera House. I have never been there. And I would like to see that place in person. I don't really care to go inside. I just want to see the building itself.”

Meanwhile, Ed had opened the front passenger door to Bob's car. And she had pulled her laptop computer from the car. She then stood back up, on the pavement, and closed the door. She turned to Bob, as she said, “Ed would like to see that place, as well. Though, this is your plan. To be a tourist of the multiverse?”

Bob looked over at Ed, as he smiled. He questioned, “Can you think of a better idea?”

Ed shook her head, as she giggled. She answered, “Nope.”

Nataru ordered, “Okay. Everyone get into the get near the car.”

They did so. A second later, they noticed they were no longer in the docks in japan, and instead they near the Sydney Opera House, in Australia, after dark.

Bob looked up at the well let building, as he whistled. He then said, “I have to admit. It was worth seeing. Thanks Nataru.”

Nataru replied, “You're welcome.”

The biker then unhooked the wire on his helmet, from the hand held radio on his belt. Next, he took after his helmet to reveal that he was Boris. After which, Boris tossed his helmet into the backseat of the blue convertible. He turned to the others, as he stated, “Let's get our stuff out, and hit the road.”

Bob turned to Boris, as he agreed, “Good idea, Boris. Ed, follow us.”

Bob, Boris, and Ed walked to the back of the car. Bob used his car keys, that Dee Jay had given him to open the trunk.

Bob got out his gym bag.

Boris got out his duffel bag. He opened it and put his backpack in it. With his backpack having his broken down sniper rifle broken in it. He then closed his duffel bag.

Ed got out her backpack. She opened it, and she gently pulled out the paper wrapped tools and reality device inside. She then put her laptop into her backpack.

Next, Ed wasted no time, as she unwrapped her tools and reality device. So, she could finish working on the small, TV remote sized machine.

With all their items out of the trunk, Bob closed the trunk, and he tossed the keys to the car into the front driver's side seat.

Bob thought, 'I won't be needing this car any more. And it is a nice convertible. I see no point in destroying it. As far as I am concerned, the first person who walks up, and finds the keys. It's theirs.'

Nataru looked at the others, as he asked, “So, what now?”

Bob turned to Nataru, as he stated, “Now, we wait for Ed to finish her genius masterpiece.”

Ed giggled as Bob's comment.

(_)

Nearly ten minutes later, Ed shouted, “Finished.” She quickly put up her tools into her backpack and closed it. She then stood up, as she held up her new reality device, in her right hand, and her backpack in her left hand.

As soon as Ed fully stood up, she slung the left strap of her backpack, over her left shoulder.

Bob turned to Ed, as he said, “Good work, Ed. So, how does it work?”

Ed showed the device to them, as she explained, “Imagine a reality, place, and time, you want to go. Hold that thought in your mind, as you press the red button in the middle of the device. It is as simple as that. Also, we need to be close to each other, for us to teleport together.”

Boris commented, “Just like Chang's reality tech worked.”

Ed replied, “Exactly.”

Boris inquired, “How would you know?”

Ed turned to Boris, as she smiled like the cat who ate the canary.

Bob said, “Ed has her ways. Let us leave it at that.” He turned to Ed, as he said, “And thank you for the explanation Ed.”

Ed looked over at Bob, as she replied, “You're welcome. Does Bob want to try it out? Given, Bob's taste in destinations.”

Bob responded, “No. You should. You build it. You should be the first to try it out.”

Ed said, “That is what Ed likes about you, Bob. Bob appreciates others.”

In response, Bob smiled at Ed.

Ed returned Bob's smile.

Bob then turned to Zangief and Nataru, as he offered, “Boris has stated he is coming with us. You two are welcome to join us, if you want. See all the places you could only before dream about.”

Zangief and Nataru looked at each other, then turned to Bob.

Zangief said, “No thank you.”

Nataru commented, “I think I will pass.”

Bob shrugged, as he replied, “You're choice.”

Zangief said, “Thank you for the offer, little student. But, someone needs to stay here. With some many badass male role models being kidnapped and stripped of their manhood. I intend to be a role model for up and coming generations of male badasses.”

Bob said, “I respect you choice, teacher.”

Ed replied, “Nice idea.”

Boris stated, “I admire your russian spirit, Zangief.”

Zangief held back a few tears, as he responded, “Thank you, everyone. You warm my heart.”

Nataru turned to Zangief, as he said, “I look forward to see your work, first hand, Zangief.” He then turned to the rest of the group, as he stated, “My reasons for staying are very simple. Love. Thanks to you, Bob, I now realize the Federation is not currently after me, and I have real chance at getting back together with Birdy. I owe you big for what you have done for me.”

Bob replied, “No. I owe you big, Nataru. Without you, we would have likely felled at rescuing Ed.”

Nataru smiled, as he said, “Well, I will never forget you. And I am eternally grateful.”

Ed said, “Good luck with getting back together with Birdy. Ed thinks you two make a cute couple.”

Nataru turned to Ed, as he replied, “Thanks, Ed. I feel the same way about you and Bob.”

Ed blushed in response.

Bob said, “Well, if either of you want it, the car is yours. The keys are in the front driver's seat.” Bob then turned toward Ed and Boris, as he requested, “Okay. Let's get our things together, and go.”

Bob picked up his gym bag. Boris slung his duffel bag over his right shoulder.

Ed put on used her left hand to get a better grip on her backpack, which was slung over her left shoulder, while she held the reality device in her right hand.

They then walked up to where they were beside each other, while facing Nataru and Zangief.

Nataru said, “Have a safe trip.”

Boris just waved at the two men.

Ed said, “Bye-bye.”

Zangief stated, “With luck, we will see each other again.”

Bob replied, “I hope so, teacher. Goodbye, you two. Hit it, Ed.”

Ed thought of the reality, place, and time, she wanted to go too. She held that thought in her mind, as she pressed the red button on her device.

In the blink of an eye, Ed, Bob, and Boris disappeared, as they teleported to another reality.

With them gone, Zangief turned to Nataru, as he suggested, “I think it is best that we leave the car.”

Nataru said, “I agree. By the way, I am kind of hungry. How about you?”

Zangief shrugged, as he replied, “I could use a meal.”

Nataru inquired, “So, where would you like to eat? My treat.”

Zangief replied, “I was thinking of having Italian.”

Nataru smirked, as he asked, “Is Venice, Italy, okay?”

Zangief laughed. He then replied, “Absolutely. I believe that it is early afternoon there, right now.” He then smiled, as he went onto say, “We are going to have so much fun, together.”

Nataru returned Zangief's smile, as he said, “I fully agree.”

A second later, Nataru teleport himself and Zangief to Venice, Italy, to get something to eat.

(_)

Twenty minutes after Bob and his group left for Sydney Australia, in Tokyo, Japan, at the docks, Rock was the last member of her group to make it back to her red convertible.

Ranma saw that Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru stood around her convertible.

As Rock approached them, she asked, “Any luck?”

Natsuru commented, “There is more to that biker than I first realized.” She thought, 'Though, I am not going to mention that I believe the biker is Boris.'

Ranma said, “I had Zangief on the ropes, until the asian man with him woke up, and forced me to yield. That man is as powerful as Birdy. I had no choice, but to back down.”

Akira stated, “Bob beat me outright. He has become tougher than we thought.”

Ranma turned to Akira, as she said, “That is not surprisingly. Zangief is a skilled fighter. He knows what he is doing. And he had a good personality. He likely makes for a good teacher.” She turned to Rock, as she inquired, “How about yourself, Rock?”

Rock turned to Ranma, as she stated, “I found out the hard way that Ed is mean.”

The three other women giggled at Rock's comment.

Akira looked over at Rock, as she asked, “So, we didn't catch any of them, then?”

Rock looked around at her group, as she answered, “It is alright. It is clear we underestimated the abilities and resources hat Bob had at his disposal. I will not make that mistake, again.”

Rock thought, 'I am mostly sure, the asian with them is Nataru, from the Birdy Decode series. And given when I saw him walking outside of Birdy's house, with Ed, that confirmed that Bob knew this face, as well.'

'And this backs up what I believed had happened with Birdy. Instead of the frontal approach, Bob used Birdy's heartstrings to save Ed. With Nataru sweet-talking Birdy into letting Ed go.'

'That is devious. Still, I should have known better than have this chase, in the first place, with Nataru, and Zangief on Bob's side. Both are top rate badasses, and they seem to be friends.'

'Also, it is clear that Birdy still either loves, or at the very least, deeply cares for Nataru.'

'Along with this, there is nothing I can do about confronting Birdy. Besides, her being extremely powerful. Birdy is good friends with Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira. They suggested we contact her for help. As such, I mess with one of them. I mess with all of them.'

'And I have no interest in making enemies of any of them. They are my friends, after all.'

'Still, I wonder about that helmeted biker. Whomever he is, I am sure he is skilled. I am sure Bob would not pick him otherwise. And he clearly beat Natsuru. Which is no small feat. Along with Ed, and Bob himself, that biker is fair game.'

'Now, I wonder if any of my friends here have any good news?”

Rock asked, “Do any of you have some good news?”

Akira held out the long knife in her right hand. of her knives. She stated, “I got some of Bob's blood. We can at least check his DNA, for any oddities.”

Rock stated, “That is not a bad idea. But, who would be the one to do it?”

Natsuru pointed out, “Birdy, of course.”

Akira commented, “I already had her check my DNA, once. She can do it real quickly.”

Natsuru said, “I think we got an hour and a half, until her shift starts. So, if we hurry, we can still get to her help us.” She thought, 'And once we are done there. I am going to make it very clear to you Rock, that we are out of this hunt.'

Rock ordered, “Get in the car.”

The four women then got into the car, with Rock soon driving them towards Birdy's home.

(_)

Thirty minutes later, they had reached Birdy's home. Rock parked her car on the side of the street. She, and her three friends then got out of the car.

As they reached the front door to Birdy's home, they came to a stop, as Rock knocked on Birdy's front door.

A minute later, Birdy answered the door, in her Tokyo police officer's uniform.

She coldly stated, in japanese, “Oh. It is you four.”

Rock said, in japanese, “We have some good news. Nataru is fine.”

Birdy responded, “Great. Still, given you are here, and they are not, I guess you lost them.”

Akira replied, “Bingo.”

Birdy put her hands on her hips, as she inquired, “So, why are you here?”

Akira stated, “In our fight, I got some of Bob's blood on one of my knives. Don't worry. It is a small cut. And I keep my blades clean. He will be fine. But, I figure we could check out his DNA. It is the only lead we have left to go on.”

Birdy sighed, as she said, in a defeated tone of voice, “Fine. But, I am just doing this just to satisfy my own curiosity.” She turned to Rock, as she bluntly stated, “After that, we are through when it comes to Bob and Ed. Do you understand me?”

Rock flatly replied, “Crystal clear.”

Birdy said, “Good. Now, come inside. We will go back to my bedroom. And be quiet. Violin is already asleep. And my shift starts in a few hours.”

Birdy let the four women into her home. She then closed and locked the door behind her.

They then quietly made their way through Birdy's home. So as to not wake up Violin, and upset Birdy.

(_)

A few minutes later, they were all in Birdy bedroom, in the second story of Birdy's home. Birdy sitting at her chair, was at her desk, with her laptop computer open, as she used an alien computer attachment, she had, to analyze Bob's blood, from Akira's blade.

After Birdy had her sample of Bob's blood. Akira took back her blade. Used a rag she had to wipe it down, and she sheathed her blade back into its scabbard.

Rock, Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru stood behind Birdy.

After another minute, the other four women noticed Birdy doing a double-take at her computer screen, as she read the results of the findings on Bob's DNA. Birdy then stated, “That is interesting. Very interesting.”

Akira asked, in japanese, “What is it?”

Birdy turned around in her chair to face them. She said, “Akira. I do not know how to tell you this, but Bob is distantly related to both of us.”

Rock, Akira, Ranma, and Nataru flatly said, in unison, “What?”

Birdy replied, “Hush. Remember. My daughter is asleep.”

Ranma said, in japanese, “Sorry.”

The other three women just nodded in response.

Nataru requested, in japanese, “Please, explain?”

Birdy stated, “Bob has both Alteran and Shimeru DNA. Along with being human, he is descended from these two species.” She turned to Akira, “Though, like you, Akira, Bob is mostly human. He even has the same genetic blend as you do Akira. The tests confirm all this.”

Ranma asked, “So, he is a gender bender?”

Birdy answered, “No. At least not yet. The tests confirm that the genes are dormant. You could say that he is a latent gender bender. But, if the genes are activated, from being mildly electrocuted, he will gain the same gender bending and longevity abilities that Akira here has.”

Akira commented, “Birdy, it is nice to find out we have more family than we knew. Thank you.”

Birdy agreed, “You're welcome. And that is true. So, has long has Bob's family been living in Aspen, Colorado?”

Akira stated, “As far as we know. Since a century ago, when his people moved there.”

Birdy commented, “It is interesting that there are relations on opposite sides of the planet. We might want to investigate this further, at a later date.”

Akira said, “I agree. Though, they speak mostly english there. But, the people there are generally nice. The area is great for skying, in the winter time. And there are some decent nightclubs, there.”

Birdy commented, “Well, good skying, and nice people, would be even a good excuse to go there, with Violin. I might even visit Bob family, there, someday. But, I will keep my origins a secret.”

Akira said, “I might come with you. But, I agree. We would keep our origins secret.”

Ranma wondered, as she commented, “It would be interesting to see what Bob's reaction would be when he find outs he is like us.”

Akira thought about Ranma's comment for a few seconds. She then said, “I think Bob already knows he is a latent gender bender.”

“I don't know how he found out. But, I think he knows. When I told him about my family origins in dealing with my gender bending. His eyes immediately widened. At the time, I just thought he knew of the series that I was talking about. But, now that think about it, it would explain his drastic reaction.”

“Also, when I used my bullets to cut a power line in front of him, to slow him down. When he realized that the cable was still electrified. He freaked out for a few seconds. But, he was able to compose himself enough to get around the power line, and escape.”

“So, he figured out the original trigger for the change.”

Akira thought, 'I will leave out what I told Bob about my origins. And I guess his origins, as well.'

Natsuru commented, “Akira, I think you are right. Bob was as cool as a cucumber, all evening. And after everything we have done this evening. Including, our chase with him. I would not think that a simple power line would scare him like that, unless he knew it would activate his genes.”

Ranma pointed out, “I think Bob will probably develop a slight phobia to electricity. And given the luck people like us have. Even if Bob is careful, he will eventually end up a female, anyway. But, I don't think he is going to make it easy.”

Akira turned to Ranma, as she agreed, “Very likely.” She turned to Birdy, as she went onto say, “By the way, Birdy, I found out the exact title of which one of your fiction versions you are from. You life is from the Birdy Decode anime. Bob told me.”

Rock thought, 'Well, that further confirms that Bob knew about Nataru, beforehand. Bob is definitely a worthy challenge, for myself.”

Birdy replied, “That is nice to know.” She then turned to Rock, as she commented, “I take it, you knew, as well.”

Rock turned to Birdy, as she answered, “Only after I saw Nataru, and I put the pieces together.”

Birdy shrugged, as replied, “Fair enough.”

Rock thought, 'Now, that I think about it. There might be another way to reign in Bob. And by extension, Ed.'

Rock suggested, “Well, since Bob is like us. Why not just bring him into the fold. He knows way too much about us, now. And he has proven too skilled, in both mind and body, too just be let loose on the multiverse. This would solve a lot of problems in dealing with Bob.”

“And on second thought, we might let Ed stay with Bob, to keep Bob happy, with both of them under our supervision.”

Natsuru turned to Rock, as she thought, 'Now, is my chance to put my foot down.'

Natsuru firmly stated, “I disagree, Rock. It should be Bob's choice. And as fun as it has been to learn that Bob has the same strange family lineage as Akira.” She turned to Akira, as she continued, “No offense Akira.”

Akira looked over at Natsuru, as she replied, “None taken.”

Natsuru turned to Rock, as she went onto to say, “I really do not feel like going on a cross-country hunt. Or lord forbid. Have a multiverse chase, for Ed and Bob. Still, if he ever ends up becoming a woman like us, I would more than happy to give her some pointers on being female. But, I am not going force Bob to turn into a woman.”

Ranma said, “I agree. I have played chase across the countryside, from the point of view of the prey, before. It isn't fun. And I have no plans to making someone go through that. And I am not going to force any man to turn into a chick. Like Chang did.”

Rock flinched at Ranma comment. She admitted, “You two may have a point there.”

Ranma replied, “Good.”

Rock turned to Akira, as she asked, “And you, Akira?”

Akira said, “I am with my two lovers on this. It should be Bob's choice. Not ours. Also, from the time we spent with Ed, I feel that she is a good girl, with a good heart. They will be fine. And I doubt they will intentionally start any trouble. But, I have the feeling that they have the abilities, and strength of will, to finish any trouble they are throw into.”

Birdy stated, “Akira is right. We should leave them alone. Even Violin seems to have taken a liking to Ed. And I have found her, that even at her age, to be a good judge of character.”

Rock thought, 'I am not going to win this discussion. All I can do is graciously back out of this conversation.'

Rock casually stated, “That is quite alright, ladies. I fully understand what you are saying. And I thank you for all your help. I plan to take you three wherever you want to go in town. I will drop off you and your belongs. Then, I will be leaving the car, with the rental company.”

“Though, with the paint and body damage on the left side of the car, I doubt I will get the security deposit back. But, since everyone is fine. I am okay with it.”

“And once that is done. I will be leaving to call in a professional.”

Akira looked at her friend, with disbelief, as she inquired, “You don't mean?”

Rock turned to Akira, as she smirked. She said, “Yes. It is time to bring in the big guns.”

(_)

Black Lagoon Reality. Lagoon Island. On a sunny afternoon. Two hours later, Rock's time. An hour after Rock originally left, for those in the Black Lagoon reality.

Revy was sunbathing in the nude, on their beach, of their island bay, near the dock where the Lagoon PT boat was moored.

She had her eyes closed, as she was just enjoying the day.

Janet and Benny were taking car of all their kids, while Dutch was doing maintenance on the Lagoon.

Revy heard to footsteps stop behind her head. Though, from the from the feel warmth of the sun on her body, she could tell the person was staying out of her sunlight.

Revy knew there was only one person crazy enough to disturb her at a time like this. She said, without looking, in english, “Hello Rock.”

Rock looked down at her nude lover, as she complimented, in english, “You look beautiful, as always, Revy.”

Revy opened her eyes, as she looked up at Rock. She noticed that Rock was dress in her work clothes, and not her swimsuit. Revy thought, 'Damn. And I was going to ask her to join me.'

Revy asked, “What do you need, Rock? You won't come out here, dressed like that, unless there was a problem that only I can fix.”

Rock responded, “Revy. You are correct at usual. I need you to find a couple of people for me. And capture them.”

Revy deadpanned, “Let me guess. Bob is giving you trouble?”

Rock calmly inquired, “How did you know?”

Revy casually replied, “It is how these things work, Rock. And since you said, two people. Who else do you want me to go after?”

Rock answered, “Radical Edward, from the Cowboy Bebop reality. She is around eighteen now. And she seems to be dating Bob, of her own free will.”

Revy questioned, “I take it that Ed, grown up, is as hot as I guessed she would be?”

Rock though, “I remember, after I first showed you the Cowboy Bebop series. Years ago. When you talk about what you would think Ed would look, when she grew up. And you were right. Though, I need to be polite, and honest, about this.'

Rock replied, “Yes. Though, you are much more sexy.”

Revy responded, “Thank you, Rock. Then, all I have to say to Bob is one lucky guy. Who would have guessed that he had it in him to snag such a babe? Anyone else?”

Rock stated, “After doing some checking with those he was with. The only person I cannot account for is a male biker, that dresses in black leather. The biker is an expert in guns and hand to hand combat. He kept his face hidden, behind his motorcycle helmet, so I do not know who he is.”

Revy said, “He will not be a problem. Do you want them alive, or dead?”

Rock answered, “It would make me very happy, if all of them brought in alive, and mostly unharmed.”

Revy asked, “How happy?”

Rock recalled a memory, as she said, “Revy, do you remember what we did together, six months ago, when we visited Sawyer and Shenhua on their yacht? I am willing to do that again.”

Revy whistled. She then replied, “Now, that is happy. Okay. Just for that alone, I will bring them all in alive, and not crippled.”

“Though, I am guessing that doing this alone. And it will take a little time, because I will have to both find them, and wait for them to separate. Sure, I can out muscle them, but Ed is a genius. Bob much be no slouch, for him to give you so much trouble already. And the biker man is an unknown.”

Revy then extended her arms up in the sky, as she made both her hands into pretend pistols, with her index fingers pretending to be the barrels, and her thumbs pretending to be the pistol hammers.

Revy stated, “Still, I liked a challenge. And don't worry Rock. I will get the job taken care of.” She then pointed both her pretend pistols at the sun over their heads, as she smirked.

Revy said, “Bang.”

To be continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

And so, Bob, Ed, and Boris begin their journey into the multiverse. And their chase goes up a notch.

It took a while to get here. But, I am happy that we are all finally here.

One thing about latent gender benders, in fiction, is that they usually only find out that they are latent gender benders, either right before they are going to change, or right after. Such as at the beginning of the Futaba-Kun manga, for Futaba.

All the potential drama for latent gender benders is wasted.

So, I decided I would have Bob be a latent gender bender, with the original trigger for the unlocking ability being electrocuted, like for Akira, in Gacha Gacha.

As such, there is no time limit for the trigger. Such a puberty will not trigger Bob's genes, like it did for Futaba. And I can have some fun with the drama.

I have already been slowly building this up. With hints in chapter one and chapter two, of Book Three. Including Bob learning about his stranger ancestors, on both sides of his family, in chapter two. With this chapter confirming those hints. And while Bob has been very good at figuring this out on his own, and keeping this secrets.

That secret has been found out, by those after him.

And Rock had started to call in the heavy guns, in the form of Revy. With Revy being a whole different level of viciousness than Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, could ever hope to be.

Even with Revy promising to take Bob and Ed alive. She is still going to be a handful for Bob and Ed to deal with.

But, that is for the next chapter.

For those wondering, in the series, Birdy Decode, Tsutomu's friend and classmate, Chigira Kazuyoshi does have an Altera grandmother. It shows her in season two, episode two. And the series both jokes about and confirms Chigira's alien heritage in second two, episode eleven.

I really enjoyed the mechanics of this meeting scenes and the chase scene through Tokyo.

There are not very many chase scenes between two convertibles, with open hoods, where one convertible is left driver's seat and the other convertible is a right driver's side. With one convertible is an automatic transmission and the other convertible is a manual transmission.

I did the blue color for the car and the red color for the car for simplicity.

On the matter of Bob's training. Zangief felt the bill on a teach. Easy going, out of the way place to train, and open to students, for a fee. And six months is plenty of time to train.

Also, as one can see when Ed kicked Rock's butt, that Ed did not need such training. That is just academic. Since she has been taking care of herself, at an early age.

And Ed's father, Appledelhi, as the only character in the Cowboy Bebop series to take on both Spike and Jet, in a hand to hand fight, and hold his own against both of them, at once. And Appledelhi was just playing with Spike and Jet in that fight, he was not trying to hurt them, while Spike and Jet were serious.

While Ed has a very nice personally, when it hand to hand fighting, in skill, she is likely around the middle range of the Black Lagoon badasses. As Rock found out the hard way.

While Ed is likely not as skilled a fighter in melee combat back as Shenhua, Ed is probably close to Shenhua's combat skill level.

When is came to Ed's kidnapping, it was the easiest way to get the ball rolling. And I wanted to make sure to show that even Rock, whom came up with the plan, came regret doing it.

On the matter of Birdy and Nataru. I had planned to get them back together for a while. While the first season of Birdy Decode was not that great. The second season had a good tragic love story, between Birdy and Nataru.

And the plot left it open just enough, to give the hope they might someday get back together.

And I took that plot line and ran with it.

Also, having Nataru convince Birdy to let Ed go would be the last way Rock would expect for trying Bob trying to get Ed free.

And I pointed out that at this point, Bob and Ed might likely know more about the various fictional series, than Rock, Akira, Ranma, and Nataru.

And Bob uses this to his advantage.

Along with this, the five man fight at Dee Jay's chop shop was to show that Bob has gotten better as a hand to hand fighter. But, he knows he is nowhere near as the level of the Black Lagoon badass. And he is willing to admit to such.

But, I also had Dee Jay point out, that even though Bob is a good fight. He fight so dirty, that he would not be able to be a part of the street fighter circuit.

Though, Bob could care less.

This is to show the pragmatism of Bob's fighting style. He is savvy enough not to do showmanship. And instead he just wants to get the job done.

I really enjoyed the conversation between Bob and Rock, in contrast to the fight outside, with Zangief, against Ranma, Nataru, and Akira.

Sort of a combination of civility and savagery.

Also, Zangief is one of the few human fighter that could take all three of those women in a fight, and keep on fighting.

The conversation inside the bar, between Bob and Rock, let each of them know where they stand. And they are both such well manner individuals, that they were willing to part way peacefully. Until both of them were outside of the bar.

That is a mark of true manners. Sort of like a diplomatic clash between gentlemen. Or, in this case, and gentlemen and a ladies.

Both trying to come to an agreement, with them not being able to do so.

Though, Bob made it very clear in the meeting, that he was not out for revenge. That as far as he was concerned, as long as Ed was unharmed, and freed. He would just be happy never seeing Rock again in his life.

Unfortunately, Rock has other plans. But, that is for the next chapter.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos