Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 3: Chapter 05

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse, Book 3: “The Student, The Hacker, and The Soldier.”

Chapter Five: “Yellowflag Collision.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Black Lagoon Reality. Place, Roanapur. Date, several months after Akira first arrived in Roanapur. It was an hour after dark.

Boris, Bob and Ed reality jumped. For them, they had awaken, after resting the night before, from the previous day's events of facing Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer. Then, leaving the reality were in, for another reality. Next, they went to Megatokyo, to spent a few hours at Hot Legs. Where Ed and Bob dance the evening away.

After which, they returned to the hotel, in another reality, where they had their luggage in their suites. They, then retired to their room, to get some much needed rest.

The next morning, the woke up, got ready to face the day, got dressed. Had some breakfast together. And finally when to some place private, where Boris used their reality device, to reality jump to Roanapur.

They left their luggage in their hotel rooms, and they planned to return to that hotel, on that alternate Earth, when they finished their business in Roanapur.

Ed worn a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes, without socks.

Boris ware black pants, black shirt, black boots, black leather belt, and black leather long coat. He has his semi-automatic pistol in his shoulder holster, under his left armpit.

Bob wear is brown pants, button up shirt, brown leather belt, his black boots, his necklace, and his brown long coat. He did not have on his shades.

As they looked around, they noticed it was warm outside, with a light breeze. On a partly cloudy night.

While, there were only a few streetlights across the street from them, they saw they were standing beside a corner of three story building. And the corner they faced was the front and the right side wall of the building.

Ed turned to Boris, as she inquired, “Ed thanks Boris for letting us rest, shower and have some breakfast before coming here. But, why come at dark?”

Boris pocketed the reality device, as he turned to Ed. He answered, “Too many people would know my face. Moving at night decreases the number of people that will see me. Right now, it is around eight thirty PM, at night.”

Boris thought, 'Still, given some of the places we are going. I will be seen. But, this way, I can minimize how many people do see me.'

Bob looked over at Ed and Boris, as he shrugged, He said, “That makes sense. Boris, I know you brought us to Roanapur. But, when are we?”

Boris turned to look at both Ed and Bob, as he stated, “Several months after Akira first arrived. From what I understand, from various sources, Akira came to town a few months after the Bloodhound left town, for a second time.”

Bob inquired, “So, after the Blood Trail arc? Post-series?”

Boris replied, “Yes. And it will be a long time time until Chang makes his move. Which happens some time after Akira leaves.”

Bob smiled, as he complimented, “Brilliant thinking, Boris.”

Boris cracked a grin, as he requested, “Thank you. Remind me later to tell you about the time I was one of the judges of the Roanapur Bad Girls Bikini Contest.”

Bob opened his mouth, and he stopped himself from speaking, as he turned to Ed.

Ed looked over at Bob, as she nodded. She stated, “Ed, wants to know that story, too.” She then looked over at Boris.

Bob turned back to Boris, as he replied, “Then I would like to know, as well.”

Boris said, “Okay. I will tell you went we get back to the hotel.”

Ed inquired, “So, how long are we going to be here?”

Boris answered, “We are going to be hear until later this morning. I have to make some phone calls, to set up a meeting with the gunsmith.”

Bob stated, “This must be some gunsmith. “

Boris replied, “He is.”

Ed looked at both Bob and Boris, as she questioned, “So, where to first?”

Boris smiled, as he said, “The one place I am sure that every Black Lagoon fan would like to go to. The Yellowflag. And I made sure to use this reality device to come here on a night when the Lagoon Company, nor Lotton and his Raven Unit, would be there.”

Bob asked, “Who is the Raven Unit?”

Boris answered, “They are a group that Lotton formed after my series ended. The group is composed of Lotton, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Akira.”

Bob whistled. He then said, “That must have been some team.”

Boris stated, “I know. They were surprisingly formidable.”

Bob replied, “I bet.”

Ed commented, “We will have to hear more about them, later.”

Boris stated, “I would be more than happy to tell you about them.”

Bob complimented, “We look forward to it. And that is good thinking on your part. They are all trouble magnets.”

Boris said, in a sly tone of voice, “The stories I could tell you. In the series, Bao was not joking about Revy trashing his bar on a regular basis. The series pretty much only showed the tip of the iceberg, of how much trouble those men and women could get into, when they were not at work.”

Bob grinned, as he commented, “That is going to be a conversation.”

Ed asked, “Sound like fun. So, how far is it to the Yellowflag?

Boris answered, “Right here. Just walk behind me, and stay close. When we are finished here, I will call us a taxi to take us to a few places in town, that I would like to show you.”

Boris then began walking around the front of the building, with Bob and Ed following behind them. They stood were making their way on the porch in front of the Yellowflag.

As they passed by the windows, Bob and Ed could not help but look inside.

While they did so, they notice the men and women inside, whom were sitting at the tables, and bar counter. All of them appeared dangerous, and a few of them looked back at them.

Boris soon lead them to the entrance. He opened the double doors for them, and both teenagers stepped inside.

Boris closed the does behind them.

At the sight of Boris, everyone one in the room went silent, as they turned to look at the Boris, and the two newcomers with him.

As Boris, Ed, and Bob stood around at the entrance, looking back at the crowd, Bob thought, 'You could hear a pen dropped in this room, right now.'

Bob and Ed looked around at the crowd more closely. They saw a lot of people, but they did not see Revy, Rock, Dutch, Benny, Akira, Sawyer, Shenhua, nor Lotton.

The only person they recognized was Bao, the bartender, whom was standing behind the bar counter, looking at them.

Bob thought, in relief, 'Good. Boris was correct. None of regulars that we would have to worry about, are currently here. The only person here that I recognize is Bao. And I always did want to meet that man. Anyone who can survive such a level, of continued violence, while still having his sanity and body intact, deserves my respect.'

Boris then walked towards the bar counter, with Ed and Bob following right behind him.

As Boris approached, all the customers at the counter, immediately took their drinks, and moved to the tables, throughout the room.

When the three adults reached the counter, Bao was stood right in front of them, from across the counter.

The three adults faced the counter, as they remained standing. Ed was in the middle. Boris to her right side, and Bob was to her left side.

Bao stated, in english, “Boris. You usually don't come around here. And why did you bringing kids here? This is not a daycare center.”

Ed commented, “We are not kids.”

Bao looked at Ed and Bob, as he smirked. He responded, “For me, and many here. You and the black haired young man with you, appear to be lily white innocent kids. I can see it in both your eyes. This is not place for either of you.”

Bob calmly said, “We appreciate your concern.”

Bao focused his attention on Bob, as he his smile turned more polite. He commented, “At least you are smart enough to understand my meaning.”

Boris stated, “I require the key to my safe house. And I need to the use of your office phone. I require privacy for the calls I will be making.”

Bao looked over at Boris, as he reached under the bar with his left hand. He then reached over the counter, with his left hand, with his hand closed.

Boris held out his right hand, with the palm open, while facing upwards.

Bob said Bao dropped a key into Boris' hand.

Boris closed his hand, and put the key into a pocket, on the right side of his coat, as he continued to look at Bao.

Bao stated, “Don't loose it. It is my only key. And go ahead, use the phone in my office. But, no long distance calls. And if I catch either of these kids with one of Flora's whores, I don't care who you are. You're all out of here.”

Boris took the key, a he replied, “Understood. Get these two a bottle of beer each. While I got make a phone call. And don't let anyone harm them.”

Bao responded, “Don't worry. They will be safe.”

Boris replied, “Good.”

Boris then turned, walked pass Bob and Ed, as he headed to the back door, on the left side of the back wall, by the bar counter.

When Boris was out of side, and in the back of the building, Bao turned back to Ed and Bob.

Bao pulled out two cold beer bottles and put them in front of Bob and Ed, on the counter.

Ed and Bob just stared at the bottles, for a few seconds.

Bao barked, “Are you going to drink them? Or, not? The legal drinking age in Thailand is eighteen. And I am sure you are both that age, or slightly older.”

Bob thought, 'That is the legal age here, for now. In two thousand eight, Thailand raises the drinking age to twenty-one. I know because I did an essay in legal drinking ages in high school. I got an A on the paper. Though, private drinking, in private locations, is not regulated in this nation.'

Ed looked over at Bob. Bob look back at Ed. He nodded. He turned towards the counter, and he grabbed one of the bottles.

Bob opened the bottle and took a swallow of beer. He said, “It is not bad, Ed.”

Ed turned to the counter, as she took the other bottle, opened it, and took a drink. She replied, “It is okay.”

Bao commented, “I take you are boyfriend and girlfriend?”

Bob and Ed looked over at Boa, as they set their beer bottles down on the counter.

Ed answered, “Yes. And happily so.”

Bob stated, “She is quite correct. We compliment each other.”

Bao said, “I wish the other redheaded woman and black haired man, that comes in here regularly, had such a healthy relationship.”

Bob thought, 'He must be talking about Revy and Rock.”

Bob coyly replied, “I am sure they will work it out eventually.” He mentally added, 'And they do. If, what Revy claimed was true. That hey had each others baby. And I see know reason to doubt. Given such a claim is so unbelievable. It could not be a lie.'

Bao commented, “So, I take it you are not from around here?”

Bob answered, “That would be the understatement of the millennium.”

Ed just giggled.

Bao pointed out, “I hope you kids realize how dangerous this city is.”

Bob quipped, “Why do you think we are here with Boris?” He took a drink from his beer. He then set the bottle back on the counter.

Bao let out a laugh. He then asked, “Good point. So, how did you end of with Boris?”

Ed took a drink from her beer bottle. Then, she set the bottle down onto the counter. She answered, “Long story.”

Bao inquired, “And how did you end up here in Roanapur?”

Ed replied, “Even longer story.”

Bob lightly chuckled.

Bao pointed out, “By the way, how can that be Boris. Last I heard Boris is still working for Balalaika. I don't see him quitting his job to help two kids.”

Bob coyly said, “Bao, you are an intelligent man. You would be dead ten times over if you weren't. You know that there is a way that Boris can be two places at once. And yes, that is Boris. He is not a fake, nor a fraud.”

Bao became very suspicious, as he stated, “I never told you my name. Nor, did I inform you how dangerous my life can me.”

Bob winked at Bao, with his right eye. He replied, “No. You did not.”

Bao thought, 'Oh no. My gut is telling me something very strange is going on here. Or something very bad is about to happen.' Bao asked, “How weird of an answer to my question are we talking about?”

Bob leaned over over the counter, towards Bao.

In response, Bao leaned over the counter from his side, to where he was face to face with Bob.

Bob whispered, “You do know about Akira's little sneezing trick.”

Bao's eyes when wide for a second, before going back to normal. He softly answered, “Yes. I do.”

Bob quietly said, “Think weirder. The short answer is that we are from the future.”

Bao softly replied, “I believe you. And I take it that Boris being freelance, does not bode well for this city?”

Ed drink a drink of her beer, as she watched the two men quietly talk.

Bob quietly stated, “No. It doesn't.”

Bao softly asked, “How does this city end?”

Bob quietly pointed out, “If you talk, we will both die. Do you understand that?”

Bao softly said, “I can keep a secret.”

Bob whispered, “You know how Chang plays sane man for this city, and he keeps everything together?”

Bao simply nodded once, in response.

Bob softly continued, “One day, he goes completely over off the deep end.”

Bao whispered, “That bad?”

Bob nodded once. He then softly replied, “It gets better. Chang's fate after his fall is practically karmic.”

Bao quietly inquired, “How so?”

Bob softly replied, “He ends up a she, working as a janitor on a ship, with a crazy redhead for a girlfriend.”

Bao softly chuckled, as he quietly replied, “That is just wild. And don't worry. I will keep my mouth shut. So, what about me?”

Bob sadly whispered, “I am sorry. But, I don't know. I got most of this information from second and third party sources. Even Boris doesn't have most of the story.”

Bao softly replied, “I understand.”

Bob quietly said, in a comforting tone of voice, “Look on the bright side, Bao. You got a good sense of when things are about to hit the fan. You will probably leave town before things get too bad. And in the present, you are just enjoying being a bartender, somewhere else.”

Bao softly agreed, “Probably... That would be something I would do. Being forewarned, is being forearmed.”

Bob leaned up, as he responded, “You got it. So, I won't worry too much. As long as you keep you mouth shut, and your eyes open, you will be fine.”

Bao leaned up as well, while he cracked a grin. He said, “So, just standard operating procedure.”

Bob replied, “Exactly.”

Ed set down her bottle of beer. She then whispered into Bob's right ear, “Is it wise telling Bao about his future?”

Bob softly answered back in Ed's left ear, “It is good karma for us. If someone from the present learns that we were here, and we did not warn anyone, then they would likely make come after us, and make us suffer. At least this way, we can say that we warned someone.”

Ed admitted, “Ed sees Bob's point.”

Just then, the three of them saw Boris walked back into the room, from the door, to the left of the bar counter.

Boris walked around the outside of the counter, and up to Bob and Ed.

When Boris came to a stop, in front of his two friends, Bob and Ed turned to face him, as Bao looked at Boris, from across the counter.

Boris asked, “Any trouble?”

Ed answered, “None.”

Bob replied, “No.”

Boris ordered, “Good. Now, follow me.” Boris then turned around, head back into the back doorway, that he had just come out of.

Bob and Ed left their bottles on the counter, as the followed behind Boris.

They walked towards the back of the building.

As they left the restaurant area itself, Boris turned, and lead them up some stairs.

When the reached the second story, Boris walked onto the floor.

While Bob and Ed followed, Bob noticed that the staircase continued to going up to the third story.

As they continued walking down the hallway, they saw a few half naked women going in and out of the various rooms, along the hallway.

The women ignore them, while the three adults ignored the women.

About halfway down the hallway, Boris stopped at a closed, locked door, to his right side. He turned to face the door, as he pulled out the key that Bao had given him. He then used his key to unlock the door.

After Boris opened the door, he said, “Come inside.” He then walked inside. As he did so, he flipped on the switch, that turned on the two soft yellow, ceiling lights in the room.

The room was illuminated. And all three of them were inside.

Boris then closed the door, and turned to look at Bob and Ed.

Bob and Ed looked around. There was not much in the small room. All they saw was a cot, with a small desk, and chair near the cot. There was also a window with curtains draped over the window, to provide privacy.

Ed and Bob turned to Boris, with an unspoken question.

Boris understood what they wanted to know, as he explained, “This is my safe house. Hotel Moscow does not know about this place. A while back, I decided, I might need a place to hide out if things went bad. Though, Hotel Moscow was, well is, right now, the most well trained, and equipped mafia in this city, it does not made we were invincible. There was always the chance we might get caught off guard. Since, I rarely come here, it is very likely no one would think to look for myself here.”

“And even though this building has been torn down and rebuilt a few times, Bao always reserved this room for me. In exchange, I kept the heat off of him when it came to Hotel Moscow and Balalaika.”

Ed stated, “A good arrangement.”

Boris responded, “Yes. Also, if we get separated, you are to come here. This is where we will meet at. And while I am going to lock this door. Bao, I am sure, can still open this door. Just in case. Now, let me get something from here, and I can then show you around town.”

Boris then walked over, to the far wall in the room. Next, he knelt down, on the floor. As he did so, he pulled out a small combat knife from a sheath in his left boot. He use the knife to work up one the wooden floor boards.

After Boris got the floor board to come off, he looked a the hole under the board, as he commented, “I am glad my past self stopped by here a month ago. Right after this place was rebuilt.”

Boris sheathed his knife, and he set the wooden board down. And he then reached into hole.

Bob and Ed saw Boris pull out a few rolls of hundred dollar bills. Boris put the cash into his left side coat pocket.

Boris turned to Bob and Ed, as he continued, “I always did wonder what happened to this ten thousand in U.S. cash. Not that I did anything about it. It would be unprofessional to complain about losing money. And it would be embarrassing, due to it being my own money. I always figured whomever took it needed it more than myself. I guess I was right.”

Bob commented, “It is always nice to solve a personal mystery.”

Boris agreed, “Very true.” Then, turned back to the hole. He replaced the floor board to where it went.

Boris stood up, as he stated, “Now, let's head out.”

Boris walked to the door, and opened it. He held the door open, for Bob and Ed to walk out of the room first, and into the hallway.

Boris then exited his room, and into the hallway. As he did so, he switched off the ceiling lights. Next, he locked, and closed the door behind himself.

(_)

A minute later, the three adults were back downstairs, standing beside each other, at the bar counter, as Boris used some of his cast to pay for Ed and Bob's drinks.

When Boris finished paying for the drinks, he looked across the counter, at Bao. He asked, “My, I use you phone here to call a taxi?”

Bao took the money, and set it under the counter. He then looked up at Boris. He replied. “Sure.”

Boris then walked around the counter, to make a phone call, with the phone, set under the counter.

While Boris stood behind the counter, and made his phone call, Ed said, “Ed needs a minute.”

Ed then turned, and walked towards the women's restroom.

Ed poked her head inside for a few seconds. She then rush back towards Bob and Boris.

Bob noticed this. As Ed came to a stop in front of them, Bob asked, “Is the women's restroom filthy?”

Ed blurted out, “Yes. Worst Ed has ever seen in her life. Ed peeked her head into the women's restroom... Words fail Ed. And Ed scared that if that is the women's restroom, Ed does not want to even want to look at the men's restroom. Ed would rather go pee outside.”

Bob inquired, “That bad?”

Ed said, “Yes.”

Bao overheard their conversation. He turned to Bob and Ed, as he stated, “I clean those restrooms every day. When I first come in for work. I do not know how they get that filthy.”

Bob turned to Bao, as he stated, “Don't worry about it. You clean them every day. That is the best anyone could expect from you.”

Bao replied, “I appropriate that.”

Bob, Bao, and Ed, then noticed Boris hanging up the phone. He then walked around the counter, to where Ed and Bob were.

Boris said, “Time to leave.” Boris then turned and started walking for the front doors to the room. Ed followed behind him.

Bob turned to Bao, as he quickly said, “Well, see you later. And good luck.”

Bao looked at Bob, as he stated, “You too.”

Bob then turned around, and walked over to catch up with Ed and Boris.

Bao watched as the three adults left his bar. He then though, 'I wish those kids the best of luck. They are nice people. Nothing like the lunatics and trash I usually get in this bar.'

'At least they gave me a warning about Chang. And I intend to take that warning seriously.'

'I am not surprised to here that Chang will one day go insane. I always figured the stress, of keeping this city in one piece, would someday get to him. It is just a fact that if person is forced to deal with lunatics every single day, that person was more than likely eventually crack, and go crazy, himself.'

'Still, when would it be a good time to leave? And I wonder where I will end up? I will make sure it is a town where the law enforcement is not on the take. And unlike several others here, I am not wanted by any law enforcement personnel. At least, I have some options. The only questions that are left is where I am going to go? And when I am going to leave?...'

'Though, I cannot leave too soon. I know to much to just walk away, while everything is calm, and peaceful. The people here in power will notice me leaving, and they will probably come after me. So, I must be patient and, bide my time. And any decently skilled bartender has long since learned the value of patience.'

Bao then went back to tending to his other customers, at the Yellowflag.

(_)

Right side of the front doors of the Yellowflag, Boris, Ed, and Bob stood patiently by the street, as they waited for the taxi Boris called, to come pick them.

A few minutes later, the taxi picked them up.

They all sat in the backseat, with Bob on the left side. Ed was in the middle. And Boris on the right side, behind the driver.

Boris had told the taxi driver to go to corner of two streets, that Bob and Ed did not know.

The taxi driver then starting driving to their destination.

As the road in the backseat, Bob turned to Ed, and Boris, as he inquired, “So, where are we going to first?”

Boris turned to Ed and Bob, as he smiled at them. He stated, “You have been giving me a tour of some amazing places. I am going to give you tour of this city. It is still early at night. A lot of places are still open. We are first going to walk by a few casinos. No gambling. But, those casinos are still some interesting places to visit.”

“Then, I will show you around to some of the interesting night clubs. After that, I will show you which restaurants have the best food in town. And we will get a snack. Next, we will drive by the Ramsap inn, and stop at the Sankan Palace hotel.”

“Finally, I will get us a nice hotel that I can actually afford. And we will spend the rest of the night here. And tomorrow morning, we will get some breakfast, see the gunsmith, and leave.”

Bob replied, “Sounds greats.”

Ed looked ahead of herself, as she held her thighs tightly together. She stated, “As long as the first place we stop at has a clean restroom, Ed will be happy.”

Boris responded, “Do not worry, the casino we are going to is only five minutes away, and the employment there are very good about keeping everything clean.”

Ed said, “Good.”

Bob commented, “I agree with you. We are not going to do any gambling tonight. We really don't have the time. And I know want to stay in one place to long. Even at night, in this city, doing so would attract too much attention.”

Boris replied, “I agree.” He thought, 'Staying in one place to long, my cause my former comrades to come seek me out. Thought, as long as we stay on the move, we should be fine.'

Five minutes later, the group reached the first destination, the front entrance of a nice casino that Boris knew of. Boris paid the taxi driver, with some of the U.S. cash he had.

The three adults then entered the casino. With Ed soon finding a clean, empty, women's restroom stall, before it was too late.

After Ed returned from the women's restroom, Boris turned to Bob and Ed, as he began his tour of Roanapur, for Bob and Ed.

(_)

Two hours later, in the Hotel Moscow Headquarters, inside Balalaika's office, Balalaika sat in her chair, behind her desk. She was wearing her red dress.

The only lights in the room were a few yellow lamp lights placed on tables around her office. Including, a lamp light on the front left end of her desk, when facing the desk, from the front.

At the moment, Balalaika was answering her phone, in english, “Yes. Thank you for the information.”

Balalaika hung up the phone. She turned to the person standing in front of her desk, as she said, in russian, “That is the third call in less than an hour of Boris being seen traveling around town with two teenagers. What do you say to that, Sergeant?”

Boris stood in front of Balalaika's desk. He was wearing his usual dark green shirt, black pants, black boots, and olive business coat. Boris looked at Balalaika's face, as he calmly answered, in russian, “I find this hard to believe. Considering I am here.”

Balalaika responded, “I know. Something feels off about this.”

Boris asked, “How off?”

Balalaika replied, “As off as Akira's little ability.”

Boris commented, “I still stand by my score for her at the bikini contest. She earned that eight.”

Balalaika agreed, “No disagreement there, Sergeant.”

Boris inquired, “Still, why would someone impersonate me? There is nothing to be gained by doing so. And it would only end painfully for that individual, and their immediate associates.”

Balalaika said, “That is the question. And it gets stranger. All of the places that this other Boris has been spotted as having visiting, are some of the more interesting and popular locations of town. It is like he, and the two teenagers he is with. A black haired caucasian boy. And a redheaded girl with tanned skin. Are having a tour of the city.”

“From what has been reported. Neither this Boris, nor the teenagers with him, have done anything. They haven't said much to anyone. Except, for the employees of an icecream store. Where they stopped off to pay for a few small milkshakes. And then they left. All of this is so... mundane.”

Boris questioned, “Did this Boris order a vanilla milkshake?”

Balalaika asked, in disbelief, “Yes. How did you know?”

Boris answered, “That is my favorite icecream treat.”

Balalaika stated, “Curiouser and curiouser. I want them brought in alive and unharmed. There are questions I want answered from them, before we do anything to them.”

Boris replied, “Understood, Captain.”

Balalaika commented, “Also, Sergeant. I want you to stay here. Have the men go without you. If you go, it might cause confusion, or spoke our prey.”

Boris answered, “Yes. I will rely your orders to the men.”

Boris then turned and exited Balalaika's office.

Balalaika leaned back her chair, as she pulled out a cigar, and a cigar cutter. She used the cigar cutting to cut off an end of her cigar. Next, she put away her cigar cutter. After which, he pulled out her lighter, lit her cigar, and put away her cigar.

Balalaika continued to lean back in her seat, as she looked to her right side, and out the windows, of her office at the night sky.

While Balalaika took a puff from her lit cigar, she thought, 'Why do I feel like I just opened Pandora’s box, wide open? Ever since we returned from Tokyo, it feels like there has been a shift. Not in a good, nor bad way. It is like things have gone sideways. And I am not sure how to feel about this turn of events.'

'Speaking of Tokyo, I was concerned that I may have pushed Rock too far. While losing him would have been regrettable. Losing both him and Revy would have made things difficult in my dealings with Dutch. And giving Dutch jobs for Hotel Moscow offers myself the opportunity to competent individuals, while maintaining plausible deniability in certain situations.'

'Then, Rock showed me what he was really capable of. He showed how good he was at his hobby, when the Bloodhound returned to the city.'

'Somehow, Rock was able to realize how all the immediate players were going to react, including myself, and he arranged the situation where most everyone go to live, even the Bloodhound, herself, with the city left intact.'

'I am very happy I decided let Rock live, back in that parking garage, in Tokyo.'

'But, a lot of things happen during this time that also showed things were changing. When going after the Bloodhound, Revy showed the brains to ask for help from her contemporaries. And they all lived to survive facing the Bloodhound... Not bad...'

'Too bad I had to have my men shoot Revy and Shenhua, to get them to stop going after the Americans. But, I made sure, beforehand, to order my men to shoot them with ammo, and in locations, that they would be able to fully recover from.'

'And my men did admirable job.'

'Better a few bullet wounds, than a few corpses. And at least Sawyer and the others with them, knew to back off, without being shot.'

'Though, my men were not bluffing. They would have killed them, if they continued, and damaged my own plans for the Americans.'

'That would have been regrettable. And I would have caught hell from Chang. But, if it was either Hotel Moscow, and this city, or them. I would have sacrificed them. And I am sure they would have done the same in my place.'

'Fortunately, when I spoke to Dutch, later on the matter. He told me he understood why I did. And he preferred a mildly wound Revy, over a dead Revy.'

'That man is, if anything, practical about important matters. Besides saving my life. This is one of the reason I respect him. And why I continue to hire his crew for various jobs.'

'Still, Chang was not happy that wounded his chief enforcer. Though, sense Shenhua wounds were not serious. And she did make a full recovery, Chang did not make to much of a fuss about the matter.'

'And concerning, Chang. During this whole mess, with the Bloodhound's return. Chang was the one that most troubled me. Why did he go to Garcia. In retrospect, it makes sense. But, why go to him? By all logical, in dealing with the Bloodhound, he would have gone to meet his student. The one person who has actually fought the Bloodhound. Revy. Instead, he when to Garcia, whom he had never met before.'

'And that is not all. During the entire time the Bloodhound had returned, Chang acted very cautiously. He only left his army of bodyguard twice during the whole affair. Once to the Ripoff Church, for something. Likely to talk to one of his informants. The other time was to meet myself.'

'Chang has always acted like he is living by a different guide book than the rest of us. Now, recently, he is become even more cagy.'

'Chang's personality has always been... off. The man clearly loves being who he is. He dresses and acts like he is a chinese mobster from a modern Hong Kong mafia movie. And he has the skills to back up his motif.'

'I found that out, first hand. The hard way.'

'I will not make that same mistake, again.'

'But after Chang met with Akira, that one night. He has been acting odder and odder. And he seems a lot happier. There is noticeable bounce in his step now, that was not there before.'

'I cannot figure out what Chang is presently doing. But, I know he is doing something. And that is not good for myself, nor my men. I will have to keep an eye on him.'

'And Akira... Ah Akira. Proof that there are stranger things in this world that even I thought possible.'

'Watching a blond woman be able switch back and forth into a black haired man, in a matter of a split second, with a sneeze. It defies all rational logic and physics. Still, Akira can change on command of a sneeze.'

'And knowing that such impossibilities are possible, does make me want to live a little longer. If for any other reason, than to see what other impossibilities might show up in this city.'

'I heard a rumor that Revy, Sawyer, and Shenhua took Akira to Rowan's Jackpot, to take her virginity, both ways. I believe they did so. And though I would never admit it out loud. I envy them for being able to do so.'

'Still, I have found no information Akira. Not even her fingerprints come up on background check.'

'That concerns me. But, I cannot do much about having Akira answer my questions, about herself, without risking significant fallout for both my men, and myself.'

'There are only two reasons why I have not brought Akira in for questioning. One, she is in tight with both Lagoon Company, and Lotton's new group, Raven Unit. She is even a member of Raven Unit. And reports state that she holds her own at her job.'

'Given Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer, trained her. I am not surprised by this.'

'If I harm her, I risk destroying my business relationship with all of them.'

'Should I take Akira and harmed her without a good cause. Both those groups might be stupid enough to try and rescue her. Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Dutch are all capable fighters. They could hold their own against the best that Hotel Moscow has to offer. Benny and Janet are geniuses, and understand information warfare. With Rock and Lotton both being very skilled at laying out and executing plans.'

'While, I am sure Hotel Moscow can handle fighting them. I realize that fighting them might end up being a Pyrrhic victory, for Hotel Moscow.'

'I would lose their services. I would lose my men. And with Shenhua dead, Chang would have an excuse to start a war with me, at a point when I would be at a severe disadvantage. With my organization being in weak position, with Hotel Moscow trying to recover, while fighting Chang's Triad.'

'The other reason, I have no ask Akira about herself, is that my instincts tell me that I really do not want to know the answers to my questions. And I feel that I should listen to my instincts on this matter.'

'Whatever Akira told Chang, in their meeting, had an effect on Chang's personality. And while Chang's men clearly make allowances for their employer's... oddities.'

'My men are trained not to accept such allowances from their commanding officers.'

'I cannot afford to learn something, that may have a similar effect on me. It would discipline and morale, between myself, and my men.'

'And since Akira has not done anything to harm Hotel Moscow, and she helps keep the others around her happy. I have several reasons to allow her to remain free.'

'Yet, while I can ignore Akira. I cannot ignore someone walking around town that looks like Boris. I will have to have those questions answered, whether I like those answers, or not.'

'Then, I will figure out what to do with this other Boris, and those two teenagers.'

'If they amuse me. Or, they have a good explanation for their actions. I just might let them live, without harming them.'

'Though, I will just have to wait, and figure out what to do with them, when I finally meet them.'

Balalaika then continued to smoke her cigar, as she thoughts reflected on her life, and what she planned to do when she captured her current prey.

(_)

Across town, at that moment, Boris, Ed, and Bob gotten out of a taxi, and walked up to the entrance to Sankan Palace hotel.

The hotel entrance was situated at the corner of a street.

Bob and Ed look up at building, Bob whistled.

Ed said, “Wow.” Ed then turned to Boris, as she requested, “Would it be okay to walk inside the lobby?”

Bob turned to look at Boris, as well.

Boris turned to Ed and Bob. He replied, “I see no problem in doing so.”

As the three adults turned, and began walked towards the entrance, they noticed the front doors to the hotel, open in front of them, with three very familiar women coming out building, to greet them.

Bob, Ed, and Boris, came to a stop, Revy, Sawyer, and Shenhua stood twenty feet in front of them.

Sawyer had her chainsaw turned off, and strapped behind her back.

Though, Shenhua had her long knives out, in her hands.

And Revy had pulled out her pistols. Though, while the hammers of Revy's pistols were locked back, showing the chambers of the weapons were loaded, and the safeties were off, she pointed her weapons towards the sidewalk, between them. And her trigger fingers were resting against the trigger guards.

Though, Revy smirked at the three adults, as she said, “When we followed you back to town, we figured. Hey, what Black Lagoon fan would not eventually stop by and see the most expensive hotel in town? And I guess we were right. Now, please do make this easier for all of us, and just surrender.”

Ed, Bob, and Boris looked each for a few seconds. They immediately turned around, and ran down the sidewalk, away from the trio of killer bad girls.

As Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer gave chased, Revy yelled, “Hey! Get back here!”

(_)

Ten minutes later, a few blocks away from the Sankan Palace hotel, Akira drove though the street in Lotton's car. The car's headlights and streetlights illuminated the road.

Akira was in her female form, and wearing her cowgirl outfit, without her sunglasses and hat on.

Beside her, in the front passenger seat, was Revy, whom was drunk, and curled up in her seat.

While keeping an eye on the road in front of her, Akira said, to the quasi-conscious Revy, “Revy, this that last time I have you over for drinks, with the other girls. If you are going to throw up in the bathroom, at least have the decency to aim for the toilet, or bathtub. I had to clean up after you. And to add insult to injury, I was elected by the others to take you home.”

“You should also be happy I am not drunk. Or, even buzz. Or, we would be in real trouble with the others.”

Akira soon reached the intersection, where she was to turn to get to the apartment where the Lagoon Company lived.

Though, while the traffic light was green, and she was turning with traffic, Akira slowed down, as she got closer to turning onto the other street.

When Akira's car was about to reach the intersection, suddenly two people bolted out in front of her car.

Akira barely had time to apply the brakes to stop mere inches from having the front end of her car hitting the two people.

The front lights let Akira see clearly whom they were. One was a redheaded woman in her late teens, with tanned skin. She were a t-shirt and shorts. The other person was a black haired fair skinned man in his late teens. He wore a brown shirt, brown pants, and a brown long coat.

Akira watched as the man seemed to react on instinct.

As the car immediately stopped in front of them, in one fluid motion, the man used his left arm to rap around the waist of the smaller, skinny redhead, and pull her back, by turning his upper body to his left. At the same time, he slammed his right hand down on the car hood, with his right, open palm pressing down on the car, as he turned his head towards the car.

While Bob had his right hand on the car's hood, he looked towards driver, as he yelled, in english, “Hey! Watch where you are going!”

Ed turned her head to look at the car, as well.

Then, a second later, when Bob and Ed saw who is in the car, their jaws drop.

Akira thought, 'From their expressions, I get the feeling they know Revy and I.'

Bob immediately let go of Ed, as he also removed his hand on the car.

Akira then heard gunfire, as another person appeared in front of her car's headlights.

This time it was Akira's to have her jaw drop, as she saw Boris, wearing darker than usual clothing, as he was firing his semi-automatic pistol in the direction they had come from.

Akira overheard Boris asked, in english, “What is the hold up?”

Bob and Ed pointed at the car windshield.

Boris turned his head to see whom they were pointed at.

When he saw Akira, and a clearly drunk Revy in the car, he said, “Oh.”

Akira just smile weakly, as she waved at them.

Boris nodded. He then turned to the two teenagers, and stated, “Distractions can be deadly.”

Both teenagers nodded, as the three adults then started running in the opposite direction of where they had come from.

A few seconds later, Akira watched as Shenhua, Sawyer, and another, more sober Revy ran in front of her car.

Akira noticed that of them appeared harmed.

As they passed by her car, Akira honked her horn.

The three women stopped to in front of her car, as they look over at her.

The three women on foot did a double take, ad whom they saw.

Shenhua said, in english, “Hi Akira.”

Sawyer said, with her electrolarynx choker around her neck, in english, “Hello.”

The other Revy looked at Akira, then over at the drunk Revy beside her, and back at Akira. She yelled, in english, “Akira, get my drunk, sorry butt somewhere to sleep!”

Akira nodded, as she thought, 'That is most definitely Sawyer, Shenhua, and Revy.'

Shenhua, Sawyer, and the other Revy then went back to running in the direction of where Boris and the two teenagers went.

For the next few seconds, Akira just sat there, with her car idling in place.

She looked at the drunk Revy beside her. Revy was so drunk, that she was completely out of it.

Akira then looked back at the road in front of her, as she thought, 'Time travelers. They have got to be time travels. The only way they would know my name, and be that familiar with me, would be if they spent time with me. And considering I am not from this reality, that means they are time travelers from this reality.'

'And since I am a gender bender, from another reality, stuck in a reality I once considered a work of fiction. With myself unwillingly sent here by my alternate future counterpart. Compared to that, time travel is child's play.'

'Unfortunately, I do not have the time, nor luxury to investigating this. I have to get Revy home. Still, the fun part about time travel is I know that eventually, the Revy with me will become the Revy that just passed by us. Then, I can get the full story from her.'

'Though, it will be fun to tell Revy about this, when I see her, sober, tomorrow morning. And I think I will mention this to Lotton and the girls, when I got back home, in about twenty minutes.'

Akira then gently pushed the gas pedal down, and started moving Lotton's car, as she turned towards Lagoon Company's apartment, to drop Revy off. And then for her head back to her own home, to get some rest.

(_)

Five minutes later, half a city block, away from where they saw Akira and Revy of the past, Bob, Ed, and Boris were all starting to get a little winded, as they ran down the sidewalk.

Boris noticed this. He stopped running, while he held his gun pointed towards the ground. He ordered, “Stop.”

Ed and Bob stopped in their tracks, as they turned to face Boris.

Boris stated, “This is not working.”

Bob agreed, “Yea. They are going to run us ragged, and then take us down.”

Ed said, “True.”

Boris stated, “I will hold them off, while you run. I will meet you back at the Yellowflag tomorrow morning. Don't worry. Bao can get the door to the safe house open. If he really wants too. I will meet you there.”

Bob said, “Good luck.”

Boris then watched as Bob and Ed then continued running towards the next street corner.

Just as the two teenagers made it to the crosswalk of an intersection, which was not busy at time of night. They were already several yards from Boris, when a couple of black painted cars bolted from around the corner, to stop right in front of Bob and Ed.

Boris ducked between two buildings he was beside, as he thought, 'Oh hell! An ambush!'

Boris was about to point his pistol at the men stepping out of the car, until he instantly recognized them and their weapons.

Boris lowered his weapon, as he mentally cursed, 'Damn! Why them of all people?'

(_)

Meanwhile, Bob and Ed stopped moving immediately, as black painted car drove up right in front of them and stopped.

In response, Bob and Ed came to a stop, ten feet from the vehicles.

A man, in plain clothing, stepped out from each of the black painted cars. They two men swiftly pointed their AK seventy-four rifles at Ed and Bob.

One of the men ordered, in english, “Hands up!”

Bob and Ed quickly complied, as they help their hands up.

Another man walked out from the lead car, and to them.

Bob thought, 'From their weapons, they have got to be Hotel Moscow. This situation has got to be hard on Boris. I would not want to put him into this situation. Still, he is likely the only one that can get us out of this mess. Now, to keep Ed from getting us both killed, before Boris can rescue us.'

Bob whispered to Ed, “Do not react to the man when he pats us down. Also, follow my lead, and let me do the talking.”

Ed just nodded in response.

As the man approached them, he barked, in english, “No talking.”

The man patted Bob down first. He then patted Ed down.

The man then turned to the others, as he said, in russian, “Their clean.”

Bob thought, 'I am glad Ed and I know russian. We might need it. Though, neither of us are going to advertise that we know their native language.”

One of the men, pointing his rifle at Ed and Bob, ordered, in english, “Into the back of the second car.”

The man beside Bob and Ed, escorted the two teenagers into the back of the second car. When they were inside, the Hotel Moscow members also got into the two cars. With the vehicles soon driving off towards the headquarters of Hotel Moscow.

(_)

Several yards behind them, Boris peeked around his cover, to see what was going on.

Boris immediately recognized whom each of the Hotel Moscow members were.

Boris soon watched Bob and Ed get into the second car.

A few seconds later, the Hotel Moscow members that had stepped outside of the cars, had also returned to their cars.

While Boris watched the cars drive off, he thought, 'Good. They did not see me. I cannot afford to be caught. Nor, fight my former comrades. So, I must hide, for now. I will find a decent place to sleep, and come up with a peaceful plan to get Ed and Bob freed from Hotel Moscow, in the morning.'

'I vague remember what happened to them. And from what I recall, they will be alright, until morning. And at least, they will be safe from Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer, until I can come get them. Now, to lose the girls.'

Boris then ducked into a nearby alleyway, as he disappeared into the night.

(_)

As the far end of the street, Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer turned the corner just in time to miss see Boris ducking between to building. But, they did see Bob and Ed captured.

While the two teenagers were driven away, Shenhua commented, “From the look of the men, weapons, and car, they were probably Hotel Moscow.”

Sawyer pointed out, “And from the way they were pointing those weapons. They were capturing the teens, not welcoming them.”

Revy cursed, “Damn it. Leave it to sis to screw up a good hunt.”

Shenhua commented, “At least we know where they are going.”

Revy responded, “Fat chance, they are is going to help us. We cannot just walk up the front door of Hotel Moscow HQ, and say to Balalaika. Hi Sis. We are from the future. Please turn over those two teenagers. That would raise to many damn questions. And would risk too many paradoxes.”

Sawyer asked, “Are they safe in Balalaika's hands?”

Shenhua pointed out, “Good question. They are no fun if they are dead.”

Revy answered, “For the moment, yes. Sis is not going to do anything until she gets her answers. Though, she will harm this if they don't answer her. But, I am sure they know that. And those two are smart enough, and know enough about her to answer her questions in a manner that will keep them alive, but not sound like lunatics. Nor, saying too much, too early.”

“Also, I would bet real money that Boris, our Boris, will free them in the morning. By talking Balalaika into handing them over to him. Boris and Balalaika are close enough that Balalaika will trust him, and not ask him too many questions on the matter. That is, once Boris has proven that he is who he claims to be.”

“This will minimize the risk of a paradox. Still, there is not much we can do until then.”

Sawyer suggested, “We can get something to eat.”

Revy responded, “True. And we will picked up the hunt tomorrow morning. Let us find a decent hotel to stay out. This chase has tired me out, and I don't feel jumping realities.”

Shenhua said, “Fine with me. But, do we have money?”

Revy answered, “Yea. I got cash. And a few other valuable things, that we can use for trade. If need be.” She thought, 'Such as small gold bars, and gems.' She continued, “Now, let's go get something to eat.:

All three women turned around, and started walking back towards the nearest business district, to find a decent restaurant, which was still open. And after they ate, they would find a good hotel room to sleep in, for the night.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, the car that Ed and Bob were in stopped, and the men ordered them to get out.

The two teenagers then got out the backseat of the car. And they stood up on a darkened driveway.

Even thought it was dark, with not streetlights, nor outside lamp lights, nearby, Bob and Ed could see the outline of the building they standing by.

A few seconds later, they escort into the building.

The building was a large, multistory building, with several windows lining the building.

As they walked inside, Bob thought, 'So, this is Hotel Moscow headquarters. I just hope Ed and I live to get out of here.'

A minute later, they were brought to an interrogation room.

The room had a rectangular table, with four chairs. Two in front of the long end of the two, facing the door, and two chairs on the other side of the long end of the table.

One of the men escorting Bob and Ed, pointed at the two chairs across the table, as he ordered, in english, “You two. Sit in those chairs.”

Bob and Ed silently did as instructed.

Bob and Ed sat down in the chairs, with Bob to Ed's left side.

They sat there, in silence, with two men standing guard, by the door, facing them. The men did not have their weapons in hand, thought, Bob and Ed could see their pistols on their side holsters.

Bob and Ed remained quiet, until a minuted later, Balalaika, in her red business suit, and olive colored military great coat, walked in.

Behind Balalaika, Bob and Ed saw Boris of the past walked in the room. Past Boris was wearing a green shirt, black pants, and olive color business coat.

One of the guards shut the door behind Balalaika and Past Boris.

Balalaika and Past Boris then walked up to stand across the table from Bob and Ed. With Balalaika standing across from Bob, and Past Boris standing in front of Ed.

Both russians stood in front of the two chairs in front of them, with the chairs set under the table, except for their backs, the two russians looked down at Ed and Bob, at Bob and Ed calmly look up at them.

Ed inquired, “Boris?”

Bob quickly pointed out, “Not our Boris.”

Past Boris looked down at Bob and Ed, as he frowned.

Meanwhile, Balalaika took a hard looked at the two of teenagers. She then said, a sly tone of voice, in english, “Well, who do we have here?”

Bob politely said, “We know who you are, Ms Balalaika. There is no need for threats, nor bring harm towards us. We are more than willing to answer any of your questions. This is more of a misunderstanding, than anything else.”

Balalaika cracked a grin, as she stated, “Only one other person has ever called me, Ms Balalaika.”

Bob mentally cursed, 'Damn it. She is right. Only Rock called her Ms Balalaika. This woman is as sharp, or sharper than what the Black Lagoon series showed her to be. I have to be careful about what I tell her, and this Past Boris.'

Bob calmly said, “Then, I consider it a privilege to be the second.”

Balalaika lightly laughed, as Past Boris' face relaxed at the sound of his leader's jovial reaction.

Balalaika then commented, “Someone taught you some manners, child. I like that. I am joyful that you are both are willing to cooperate with me. Less pain for you, and less trouble for myself. My first question to you is, what are your names?”

Bob answered, “Bob.”

Ed responded, “Ed.”

Balalaika asked, “Alright.” She turned to Ed, as she asked, “Now, Ed. Why is Bob doing the talking?”

Bob did not show any surprise on the outside, as he thought, 'Oh, she is sharp.'

Ed looked over at Balalaika, as she calmly stated, “Ed's strengths are not in diplomacy.”

Balalaika shrugged, as she said, “Understandable. Still, Ed, is a strange name for a girl?”

Ed replied, “Ed picked out own name.”

Balalaika stated, “Why do I have the feeling that there is a story behind your name, Ed?”

Ed answered, “Ed's story would take all night long to tell. Does Ms Balalaika have all night to listen?”

Balalaika thought, 'Now, that is how you deflect a question. She is smarter than she appears. The problem is, she is probably telling the truth.'

Balalaika casually stated, “Not really. Moving on.” She turned to bob, as she requested, “Bob, I want to hear from you, on how much trouble you think you are in.”

Bob thought, 'I think I know how to answer this question, without including traveling between realities. Though, my answer will require a bit of a lead up.'

Bob answered, “You heard reports of someone looking like Boris walking around town tonight, with Ed and I. And you find this fake to be offense. But, because we have not actually done anything, yet. You want answers before you decide what to do with us. Still, as I said, this is a misunderstanding. That is not a fake Boris, whom was with us. The answer is far more obvious, yet more unbelievable.”

Balalaika inquired, “And that would answer would be?”

Bob stated, “The short answer is, that we are from the future. And the Boris we are with, is the future Boris of the same Boris right beside you.”

Past Boris replied, in english, “I find that hard to believe.”

Bob asked, “Compared to what?”

Ed cracked a grin, as she said one word, “Akira.”

Past Boris asked, “You know about, Akira?”

Bob answered, “Yes. We do. Akira changes gender with a sneeze. I think we can all agree that compared to that, time travel does not sound so hard to believe.” Bob mentally added, 'But, reality travel would still be a little hard to swallow.'

Past Boris questioned, “I can see your point. So, how do I end up traveling with you?”

Bob said, “I don't know the when and why. But, at some point in the future, you retire from Hotel Moscow. We meet each other later, in Siberia. And for the record Boris, you have been a wonderful person to travel with. For example, tonight, your future self was just showing us around this city. And giving us a tour of some of the more interesting places in this town.”

Past Boris admitted, “That would be something I would do. If I liked you.”

Ed smiled.

Bob replied, “Glad to hear you say that.”

Balalaika pointed out, “Still, I doubt the Sergeant here just came to the past to give you a tour of Roanapur. So, why are you in the past?”

Bob answered, “I do not know the who and where. But, our Boris stated that tomorrow he planned to take us to a gunsmith to get me a gun. He said that he needed to make arrangements to meet this gunsmith.”

Past Boris turned to Balalaika, as he said, in russian, “I, he, whatever, must be talking about going to see Burt.”

Bob thought, 'Burt? I will have to remember that name.'

Balalaika looked at Boris, as she replied, in russian, “That makes sense.”

The two russians then turned back to face Bob and Ed.

Past Boris asked, in english, “So, when do you think my future self will come to get you.”

Bob and Ed looked at each other, then back to the two russsian.

Bob answered, “Probably tomorrow morning. This sort of situation, and meeting, is likely best done after a good night's sleep.”

Past Boris replied, “I fully agree with that.”

Balalaika questioned, “Since he will come to us. There is no need to look for him. We will just wait for him to come here. And if he really is the Sergeant's future self, then he will have no worries in meeting with us. Still, while we do believe you. Do you have any physical proof to back up your claim?”

Bob said, “Actually, I do. The evidence is in my coat. Please, let me pull it out. I do not want to cause a further misunderstanding that may lead to Ed, or myself, being shot.”

Balalaika looked over at her guards, that were standing by the door. She ordered in russian, “Do not harm these two, unless I say so.”

Both men nodded in acknowledgment.

Balalaika turned to face Bob and Ed, as she said, in english, “Well Bob. Let us see what you have to show us.”

Bob smiled wickedly, as he said, “I am more than happy to do so. You two want proof that we are from future, as is the Boris we are traveling with. Here it is.”

Bob then pulled out a piece of paper from his coat and he starting unfolding, on the table.

Ed realized what Bob was unfolding. She shouted, with glee, “The woody place!”

Bob agreed, “Yes. The woody place. By the way, you are going to need a magnifying glass for this.”

Balalaika looked over at one of her guards, whom heard Bob. The guard nodded to his leader, and he swiftly opened the door, and left the room, to retrieve what she needed.

Balalaika then turned back to Bob and Ed.

Several seconds later, the guard returned with a large magnifying glass, just as Bob finished unfolding the very large picture. With the image laying on top of the table, to face the two russians.

The guard handed Balalaika the magnifying glass. He then returned to his position, next to the other guard, as he quickly shut the door to the room.

Balalaika and Past Boris then turned to look at the image. They saw it was a picture of a field of a countless number of people, with a large theater stage behind them.

Bob smiled mischievously, as he stated, “Before we came here, we have been bouncing around the time-space continuum, for quite a while. Going to all the places we always dreamed of going, but never could. Until now. Such as the event in the picture here. That is a picture of the original Woodstock event. Now, take a closer look right here.”

Bob used his right index finger to pointed to a placed on the picture.

Balalaika and Past Boris used the magnifying glass to look at where Bob pointed, and who they saw among the large group caused their jaws dropped, as their eyes went wide with surprise.

Bob suppressed the temptation to widen his smile, as he thought, 'Seeing those two, do that, makes this entire trip here, to this city, totally worth it. And the fun thing about time travel, is one can find out exactly when a photo is going to be taken, for a large crowd. With one's small group going back in time, and being ready for the photo, as the proper moment.'

In the picture were Bob, Ed, and Boris where multicolor hippie clothing. Bob was kneeling, while simply grinning, as he waved his right hand at the cameraman, whom took the photo.

To his right was Ed, standing, and stretching her hands an arms to her sides, while giving the cameraman a cheesy grin.

And standing above both of them was Boris, making an ear to ear, full face, million dollar smile, while giving two thumbs up towards the cameraman in the distance.

As the two russians composed themselves, Balalaika turned to Boris, as she said, with surprise still lacing her voice, in english, “Sergeant, I have a feeling that your retirement will be the stuff of legends. I did not know you could make a smile that big.”

Past Boris was still weaving between wonder and surprise, as he replied, in english, “Neither did I, Captain.”

Bob then reached over, and started folding up the picture, as he stated, “Well, you got, or will get, into some really good LSD that day. And you will finally loosen up. And I must say, you are the type of guy that can have some real fun when he lets himself do so. That was a wonderful week to be alive. Anyway, I don't want to spoil what happens in the future. Because you guys are going have so much fun between now and then.”

Bob then put the folded picture back into the coat pocket he had it in.

Balalaika chuckled, as she thought, 'That has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in years. Both the picture of this Future Boris, and my Boris' reaction to said picture are priceless.'

'It is taking all my will power not to burst out laughing, to the point of laying. But, that would ruin my image with my men. So, I will not let myself do that.'

'I would ask for that picture. Or, at least a copy of it. But, I feel I would drive myself insane with laughter, just staring at it every day.'

'Anyway, if these two kids can get Boris to loose up like that, they are worth letting go. Still, I intend to meet this other Boris.'

Balalaika turned towards the teenagers, as she said, “You are truly an interesting pair, Bob and Ed. Keep your secrets. We will wait for this other Boris to appear.”

Past Boris turned to Bob and Ed, as well.

Bob and Ed could see that Past Boris' facial expression.

Bob thought, “I see this Boris of the past is still not sure how to react to the picture. And that is a fair reaction to have.'

Bob turned to Balalaika, as he continued his thoughts, in relieve 'Though, it is best to be polite. Especially since Balalaika just gave us a merciful reprieve.'

'Still, I have have trouble believing we talked our way into Balalaika's good graces. Not that I am going to complain.'

Bob calmly responded, “I am glad you feel that way, Ms Balalaika.”

Ed turned to Balalaika, as she said, “Thank you, Ms Balalaika.”

Balalaika gave them a warm smile, as she replied, “You are both welcome.” She thought, 'Such polite children. I can think of many people in this city, whom could learn a few things from these two. Now, to make arrangements for their lodgings. Among other things.'

Balalaika turned to her men, whom were standing guard, at the door. She ordered, in russian, “Find these two a couple of cots to sleep on for the night. They will be our guests. You will treat them well. And neither of your are two speak of what you have learned tonight, with the other men.”

The guards replied, in unison, in russian, “Yes, sir.”

Balalaika thought, 'I know they will stay silent. Because, they know what I will do to them, if they do not.'

Balalaika turned to Bob and Ed, as she said, in english, “Please get up. My men will show you to your room. I expect you will conduct yourselves as mature adults, for the night.”

Bob replied, “Yes, ma'am.”

Ed stated, “Of course.”

Bob and Ed then stood up from their chairs.

Balalaika happily replied, “Good.” She thought, 'It is nice to be respected.'

A few seconds later, Balalaika's two guards lead Bob and Ed out of the room, and to their sleeping quarters for the night.

After they left, Balalaika turned to Past Boris, as she asked, in russian, “Sergeant? How are you handling all this?”

Past Boris looked over at her, with a confused look on his face. He answered, in russian, “Captain, I feel like I have just learn a little too much about my future.”

Balalaika agreed, “Perhaps you have, Sergeant. Still, it looks like it is good news. So, do not dwell too much on the matter. All things will become clear in the fullness of time. I have never questioned your judgment. And I am sure you have good reasons for leaving my service, and joining those kids, on their adventures. Now, go get some sleep.”

Boris replied, “Yes, Captain.”

While Balalaika watched Boris left the room, she thought, 'And tomorrow, I will find out those reasons from this other Boris, personally.'

A few seconds later, Balalaika also left the interrogation room, as she headed to her office, to handle a few other matters, before she headed to sleep for the night, herself.

(_)

The next morning, around eight thirty AM, in front of the guarded, iron rod gates, which lead to the grounds surrounding the building that was the main headquarters for Hotel Moscow, in Roanapur, Thailand.

Except for the iron gates, the grounds were surround by tall, concrete walls.

There were two Hotel Moscow members, standing guard on the sidewalk, by the front gates. One man on each side of the gates, which had a driveway that lead into the ground of Hotel Moscow.

Both men wore in casual clothing, with pistols in shoulder holsters, hidden under their coats.

A taxi pulled up by the from gates. The customers for the taxi pay the driver and got out. With the taxi quickly leaving, without asking any questions, from his customer.

As Future Boris stood in by the curb, that lead to the front gates, he looked up, over the concrete walls, at the Hotel Moscow Headquarters building.

Future Boris thought, 'Coming back here makes me feel homesick.'

Future Boris was wearing his dark clothing. He was shaved, cleaned up, and dressed with a level of professional that showed his military background.

As Future Boris walked to the front gates, had recognized the two Hotel Moscow members on guard.

One of the men said, “Halt.”

Boris came to a stop, as he calmly looked at the two men.

When the two men got a better looked at Future Boris, the same man that spoke, said, in russian, “Sergeant? What are you doing out here? I saw you inside, at breakfast, not forty minutes ago.”

Future Boris calmly said, in russian, “You did, Yuz. And I know what you and Irakly are thinking. Do not worry. There is no trickery involved. I am Boris, just Boris from the future.”

Boris thought, 'Given how confusing this situation is. It is just best to be honest. Even though, honesty, in this case, could be a little hard to belief, without proof. Fortunately, I can provide proof.'

Yuz replied, “Huh?”

Irakly asked, in russian, “Huh?”

Future Boris said, “I can prove it. Just let me whisper it to you.”

Yuz and Irakly looked at each other, then back at Boris, as they shrugged.

Future Boris walked up to them. When he came a few feet to them. He stop, and leaned closer to them. He quietly whispered, “You remember, that first week in Russian? After we got back from Afghanistan? Before we, and the Captain, were left go from the military. While the Captain was away, the Lieutenant organized that big party we had. And I found that stripper that looked like the captain, without her scars. That was a fun party.”

Yuz said, with worry, “Keep your voice down. We all agreed never to speak of that, again. For fear of the Captain's wrath.”

Irakly pointed out, “At least he proved that he is the Sergeant.”

Future Boris leaned back up straight, as he commented, in a normal tone of voice, “It is just, Boris, now. I am no longer with Hotel Moscow. I am just here to talk to the Captain, and my past counterpart. Along with picking up the two teenagers, whom you captured last night. How are they?”

Future Boris thought, 'I believe it is best to use the term, Captain, for right now. With the men. I will call Balalaika, Balalaika, when I see her.'

Irakly answered, “Rumor is they are fine. The Captain liked their answers and they were given a room to sleep in for the night.”

Future Boris responded, “Good.”

Yuz asked, “So, how are things with you, in the future?”

Future Boris answered, “I have found that civilian life has agreed with me. Now, could you please contact the Captain. We don't want to keep her waiting. Tell her that the other Boris is heard. I believe I am to be expected.”

Yuz took a few steps back, pulled out his encrypted radio handset, and spoke into it.

A few seconds later, Yuz put down radio, as he said, “In a minute, someone will be here to escort you inside... Boris.”

Future Boris said, “Thank you.”

A minute later, the gates open and another russian man walked up to Future Boris.

Future Boris greeted him, “Hello Leonid.”

Leonid came to a stop in front of Boris, with his to men to his left side. He looked at Future Boris for a few seconds. He then turned to Yuz and Irakly. He inquired, in russian, “Is this really, the Sergeant?”

Irakly and Yuz turned to Leonid. Irakly said, “It is him. Take our word for it. It is Boris.”

Leonid looked over at Future Boris. He tone of voice was no nonsense, as he inquired, “Are you armed?”

Future Boris answered, “Yes. Please, allow me to turn over my weapon. I do not wish to be shot be the roof snipers. Whom have their weapons trained on myself.”

Leonid held up his right arm to signal, that everything was okay, to the snipers, hidden on the roof, and various closed windows, along the building. As he lowered his arm, he said, “Now, you may hand over your weapon.”

Future Boris slowly took his pistol out, from his shoulder holster. He then handed his weapon to Leonid, with the barrel end pointed away from Leonid.

Future Boris stated, “There chamber is empty.”

Leonid took the weapon, check to see if it was loaded. He removed the magazine, which was load. And he pulled back the slide, to find the chamber was empty. He slowed released the slide. Pointed the barrel at the ground, pressed the trigger, dry firing the pistol. He placed the magazine back into the weapon. And he stuck the pistol into the right side of his belt.

Leonid then patted Future Boris down.

Future Boris did nothing to stop Leonid from patting him down.

When Leonid was finished patting Future Boris down, he stood back up. He said, “Come with me.”
Leonid turned and started walking towards the front gate.

Future Boris silently complied, as he followed Leonid passed the gates, through the front yard, and into the building.

Less than a minute later, the iron rod gates to the grounds closed. With Irakly and Yuz walking back to stand at the guard posts, while facing the street.

(_)

A few minutes later, Leonid lead Future Boris through the first floor, to the front staircase. Then, they went up a few floors. Next, they walked down a hallway, and turned to walk down another hallway.

Until they came to a stop in front of the closed door to Balalaika's office.

When they approached the door to Balalaika’s office, Future Boris saw two guards stand at the sides of the door.

Also, Future Boris saw Bob and Ed standing against the wall, across from Balalaika’s office. They were still in their clothing from yesterday.

And except for Bob needing a shave, they looked unharmed, and like they did, the night before.

Future Boris noticed that Ed and Bob were looked at him, as both of them were smiling at him.

Leonid continued walking up to Balalaika office door. Between the two guards.

Leonid then knocked twice on the door. To signal he was coming in. Next, he opened the door, and walked inside. After which, he gently closed the door behind himself.

Meanwhile, Future Boris came to a stop in front of Ed and Bob, as he calmly looked at the two teenagers.

Ed looked at Future Boris, as she happily stated, in english, “Now, this is our Boris.”

Bob looked at Future Boris, as he said, in english, “Yes. We knew you would come.”

Future Boris asked, in english, “I would not abandon you. Are you two okay?”

Bob answered, “Yes.”

Ed commented, “Doing fine.”

Future Boris smiled at their response. He thought, 'I will tell Ed and Bob that they are staying next to Balalaika's office, after we are gone from here.'

Everyone in hallway then stood there for several seconds, until the door to Balalaika's office opened, and Leonid exited the room.

Leonid turned to Future Boris, as he stated, in english, so the teenagers would understand, “The Captain wishes to see you, Sergeant.” He turned to Ed and Bob, as he continued, “These two will have to wait outside.”

Bob and Ed turned to Future Boris.

Bob shrugged, as he commented, “Have fun.”

Ed said, “Good luck.”

Future Boris turned to Bob and Ed, as he responded, “Thank you.” He then turned towards the open door, and he calmly walked into room.

After Future Boris entered the room, he gently closed the door. He then looked around the room, with sunlight coming from the windows, illuminating Balalaika's office.

Future Boris thought, 'Exactly as I remember it.' He then noticed his younger counterpart standing to the left, front side of Balalaika's desk. With Balalaika sitting in her chair behind he desk.

Future Boris noticed his past self inspecting both his pistol, and his past self's pistol.

Future Boris then walked up, to were he stood ten feet from Balalaika desk, and eight feet from Past Boris, to Future Boris' left side. He turned so he could face both Balalaika, and Past Boris.

Past Boris stopped what he was doing, as he looked up at Future Boris.

Both Past Boris and Future Boris, stared at each other, for several seconds.

Meanwhile, Balalaika looked back and forth from Past Boris to Future Boris. Finally, her gaze stopped in front of Future Boris, as she coyly said, in russian, “Well isn't this a sight. Face. Hair. Physical build. Even your facial scars are exactly the same. Not that I should be one to talk, on such matters.”

Balalaika then lightly chuckled, for a few seconds.

Both Future Boris, and Past Boris remained silent, until Balalaika stopped laughing.

Future Boris then calmly responded, in russian, “Hello. To you both. I believe an explanation is in order.”

Past Boris commented, in russian, “That is an understatement. I have been looking at our pistols. They are virtually identical Tokarev, seven point six two millimeter, semi-automatic pistols. The serial numbers are the same. The pistols have the same scratches and dents on the outside.”

Past Boris held out the pistol in his left hand, by the barrel, with him being careful not to point the barrels of the weapons at Balalaika, nor Future Boris. He continued, “Except this one has a few more scratches.”

Future Boris stated, “It has been down a slightly longer road.”

Balalaika stated, “For simplicity sake, Future Boris. I will call you, Boris. While my Sergeant, will remain my Sergeant.”

Past Boris nodded once, in response.

Future Boris responded, “That will be fine, Balalaika.”

Balalaika raised an eyebrow, as she questioned, “Balalaika? And not, Captain?”

Future Boris explained, “Since I am no longer in your service, I am not longer your Sergeant. Therefore, I cannot call you, my Captain. And I feel that this is neither the time, nor place to call you by your real name. So, I will simply address you by the alias you have created for yourself, here. Which is, Balalaika.”

Balalaika agreed, “Quite right, Boris. Though, before we give you back your weapon, I need you to answer one question for me. When you, and the men, found me, in nineteen ninety-two, what was I doing? And what was my state of mind, at the time?”

Future Boris answered, “You were watching the Olympics on television. They were giving out medals for one of the women's rifle target shooing contests. In all honesty, your state of mind at the time was near suicidal.”

Past Boris frowned at Future Boris' bluntness.

Balalaika noticed Part Boris' reaction. She said, “Sergeant, you concern is appreciated. But, as you obviously know, Boris here is correct. Hand him back his weapon.”

Past Boris first put away his own weapon, into his shoulder holster, under his left armpit. He then walked a few feet closer to Future Boris.

As Past Boris came to a stop, four feet from Future Boris, he handed Future Boris his pistol, while holding it by the barrel. with the handle facing Future Boris.

While Past Boris held out the pistol, he looked at Future Boris in his face. He asked, “Is it true that if we touch each other, doing so will cancel us out, and cause us to cease to exist?”

As Future Boris took his pistol, by gripped the bottom of the grip, away from the trigger.

Future Boris look at Past Boris' face, as he answered, “No. That is a myth that was already debunked in my time. It comes from a misunderstanding of a theory that the same object cannot occupy the same space. But, we are not occupying the same space. Instead, we are standing beside each other.”

Past Boris nodded once, as he replied, “I understand.”

Future Boris then pointed his pistol away removed the ammo magazine to his pistol. He checked that he had full magazine of ammo. He then pointed the barrel way from Past Boris, and Balalaika, as he pulled back the slide to find that the chamber was empty. He let go of the slide, and the slide swiftly slide back in place. Future Boris then dry fired the pistol, and inserted the magazine.

After which, Future Boris more closely inspected the weapon in his hands.

Past Boris noticed this. He said, “I assure you that I have done nothing to your weapon.”

Future Boris continued to look at the pistol in his hands, as he responded, “It is not that. I am making sure this is my pistol, and not your pistol. The pistols are literally the same pistol. So, it would be real easy to mix them up. That type of accidental paradox could cause problems. Fortunately, the pistol you handled me is my pistol. I can see a scratch I made on it, from a week ago.” Future Boris put his pistol back into his shoulder hostlers.

Past Boris said, “I see your point. Still, this is all very odd for me.”

Future Boris looked up at Past Boris, as he snorted, “Odd for you, huh? I vaguely remember this, from your point of view. Think about that, from my point of view.”

Past Boris inquired, with concern in his tone of voice, “You do not remember much of this from my point of view?”

Future Boris explained, “No. I do not. This of those situations that we do not think about much, because if we did, doing so might drive us insane.”

Past Boris asked, “I can see where you are going with your line of logic. Would be it alright to ask a few questions about the future?”

Future Boris stated, “I cannot give you details on our future.”

Past Boris requested, “Alright. Just one question. About our plans. Did we do what we always want to do, right after resigning?”

Future Boris answered, “Yes.”

Past Boris inquired, “What is worth it?”

Future Boris responded, “Yes.”

Past Boris smirked, “I look forward to that day.”

Future Boris smirked, “I recall the day with fondness.”

Balalaika questioned, “Sergeants, what are you talking about?”

The two Boris' just looked at Balalaika and smiled at her.

Balalaika thought, 'Hm. Not good.'

Balalaika asked, “Boris, is the boy correct about you seeking to retrieve a firearm for him?”

Future Boris answered, “Yes. I was hoping to purchase a weapon from Burt. I already have the money. And I just need to make one more phone call, to confirm the appointment, for later this morning.”

Balalaika turned to Past Boris. She ordered, “Sergeant, contacted Burt by phone, and… Well... Since he would recognize your voice. Tell, him that you are coming to purchase a weapon, this morning. It would not be a lie. It would just be a long time, for you to arrive there, from your point of view.”

Past Boris responded, “Yes, Captain.” He turned to Future Boris, as he said, “See you in the future.”

Future Boris chuckled. He commented, “Or, the past.” Future Boris mentally reflected, 'I am so happy that Ed and Bob convinced me to finally see the Back To the Future trilogy.'

Past Boris then turned, walked pasted Future Boris, as left the room. He opened the door, walked through it, into the hallway. And he gently closing the door behind him.

After the door closed, Balalaika turned to Future Boris, as she stated, “I think it best to keep you two separated, before you start giving each other ideas.”

Future Boris turned to Balalaika, as he agreed, “That would be wise”

Balalaika said, in a serious tone of voice, “I have some questions for you that you will answer for me.”

Future Boris inquired, “What are they?”

Balalaika questioned, “I am sure you gave an official reason to the men, for quitting Hotel Moscow. But, since I am asking, right now. I will already know in the future. And I am sure it is a good reason. So, why did you quit Hotel Moscow?”

Future Boris thought, 'I didn't realized that Balalaika was this sharp on time travel mechanics. I wonder how good she will become with reality traveling mechanics. Still, that is for later. And I might as well answer her question.'

Future Boris stated, “I am dying. I have a rare form of cancer. There is no cure. I take medication every day slow its progress to a crawl. I am okay at the moment. But, the cancer will eventually kill me.”

“On the same day I found out about this cancer, I immediately started this treatment. The doctors caught it early, so there is no need in trying to warn my counterpart. There would be nothing he could do, but needlessly worry. Also, there are no side effects from the medication.”

“It has been years since I was diagnosed. And I am still feeling healthy. So, I am not going to die anytime soon.”

“Later on, after I made sure that Hotel Moscow was in good shape, I retired.”

“I resigned directly in front of you and the men. And you graciously allowed me to leave. I thank you for that.”

“And please, keep this to yourself. Especially, from Ed, Bob, and my past self. I do not want to create a paradox. Nor worry my friends.”

Balalaika was quiet for a few seconds. She then responded, in a concerned tone of voice, “I will honor your request. And Sergeant Boris, I do wish you luck in finding the battlefield worthy of your death. A soldier of your caliber should not die on his back.”

Future Boris replied, “Thank you, Captain Balalaika.”

Balalaika raised on eyebrow, as she asked, in a more calmer tone of voice, “Now, another question. Woodstock?”

Future Boris shrugged, as a smile on curled on his lips. He casually replied, “It was fun.”

Balalaika just laughed.

A few seconds later, as her laughs dying down, she inquired, “One final question. Why are you with those two kids, in the first place?”

Future Boris smile turned into a smirk, as he casually said, “It's my hobby.”

Balalaika immediately understood Boris' inside joke.

Balalaika laughter suddenly erupted back in full force. She was barely able to keep herself from falling back, out of her chair, as she thought, 'And I thought Rock had an insane hobby.'

Future Boris remained silent at Balalaika laughed.

Several seconds later, Balalaika finally calmed down, again. She said, “Some hobby.”

Future Boris mentioned, “Being with them makes me feel young, again.”

Balalaika gave her former second in command a genuine smile, as she said, “Then, go be with them, and have the time of your life.”

Future Boris responded, “Thank you.” He then saluted her.

While still in her chair, she returned Future Boris' salute. She then ordered, “You are dismissed.”

Future Boris smiled, as he turned around, and walked out of the room. He opened the door, walked into the hallway. And he softly shut the door behind them.

Balalaika picked up her office phone. She punched a couple of numbers on it. Next she held the phone to her right ear.

As the other end of the connection picked up, she ordered, “Leonid, inform the guards that this other Boris, and those kids, are allowed to leave, with my blessings.”

Leonid replied, “Yes, Captain.”

Balalaika hung up her phone. She leaned back in her chair, as she continued to grin. She thought, 'I guess we all have a lot to look forward to in the future.'

(_)

Ten minutes later, Boris, Ed, and Bob exited the Hotel Moscow's building, and through the front gates.

As they walked down the sidewalk, away from the gates, Boris requested that Bob and Ed follow him. Which Bob and Ed did, as Boris requested. And that followed Boris, as Boris turned left, as he walked onto the sidewalk, that ran between the street and the concrete wall of the headquarters of Hotel Moscow.

As they walked side by side, with each other. Ed in the middle, Boris to her left side, and Bob to her right side.

They waited until they were across the street, and by another building, before they started to look around, and talk amongst themselves.

While the walked on the sidewalk, Bob noticed that the morning was warm, with a partly cloudy sky.

As they continued walking beside each other, Bob thought, 'It looks like it is going to be a nice day today.'

'I am glad that Ed and I got some rest last night. And they did allow us to use a nearby restroom, near the room they kept us in. Also, I bet that Boris has some rest, as well.'

'And on other topic. Taking into account the other tall buildings around here. Which several city blocks apart. In a number of directions. I believe that the headquarters of Hotel Moscow located in the central section of Roanapur. Because, when ever the Black Lagoon anime showed a panning shot of the city, from the bay, most of the tall buildings were located in the center of the city.'

'This means. Either we can walk to the locations that Boris is planning to take us to, next. Or, calling a cab will not be difficult. Either way, is find with me.'

Bob turned to Boris, as he continued his thoughts, 'Still, I do have a few questions for Boris.'

Bob asked Boris, “I take it that the room we stood next to, in the hallway, was Balalaika's office? Considering we did see Past Boris and Balalaika enter in there.”

Boris said, in english, “Correct.” He thought, with amusement, 'I guess I did not have to mention that point to them, after all.'

Bob inquired, “So, how was your meeting, with both Balalaika, and you past self?”

Boris answered, “It went well.”

Ed spoke up, “Good. Boris is happy. We are happy.”

Bob said, “I am happy that everything worked out, as well.”

Boris stated, “Yes. We are very fortunate we were able to leave there, with any serious problems. Still, it was wise we left before the whole organize realized what was going on.”

Bob replied, “I agree. A paradox would be the last thing we need.”

Boris complimented, “I am glad you realize that. And I am proud of both of you. Not many people could talk their way out of trouble, when it comes to dealing with Balalaika.”

Bob stated, “With Ed's genius, my manners, and the fact we were polite, honest, and open. It was not too difficult. The only half-truth we told was that we were from the future, instead of another reality. Still, that is partly true.”

Boris replied, “I can understand when embellishment is needed.”

Ed said, “Once we showed her, and you, the picture of the Woody place, it was smooth sailing.”

Boris responded, “You didn't?... You did. I vaguely recall you showing Balalaika, and I that picture.”

Bob smiled wickedly, as he stated, “I wished I had a camera, because the looks on yours and Balalaika's faces were priceless.”

Boris cautioned, “Laugh it up. We both know that one day you will be on the receiving end.”

Bob agreed, “You are probably right. Still, we all at a great time at Woodstock, and there was nothing we did there that was too embarrassing to any of us.”

Boris replied, “True.”

As they turned a corner, they they saw a pair of teenager boys passed by them. With Bob, Ed, and Boris walking on the interior of the sidewalk, and the two boys walking on the outside of the corner.

Both boys were in their late teens. They both had black hair and tanned skin.

They both wear a t-shirt, pants, and tennis shoes.

One wore a short, white lab coat, the other wore a varsity jacket.

The one in the lab coat asked, “How should I know where we are?”

The one with the varsity jacket said, “Well, you are the brains of this operation.”

The white coat replied, “You are just as intelligent as I am. If you just applied yourself. Besides, our parents never told us a damn thing.”

The varsity jacket stated, “You got that right. But, a more important question, where are we sleeping tonight. We have no money that will be accept here.”

The white coat said, “We are geniuses. We will figure something out.”

As the two boys turned on the corner, Boris recalled the events from two nights ago, as he thought, 'Could those be the same to teenager brothers from Hot Legs?'

He turned his head, in their direction, but they were already gone.

As Boris turned his head back to face in front of himself, he thought, 'Nah... This day has been too weird, as is. I do not need to stir up more trouble.' Boris then looked down over at Bob, and Ed, as he thought, 'I might as well say something, now.'

Boris said, “Bob, as I mentioned to you, two nights ago. I feel that you are going to need more training, and a weapon. If you are going to look the look, you are going to need the tools to protect yourself.”

Bod turned to Boris, as he inquired, “Meaning, that we are finally?...”

Boris smiled, as he answered, “Yes. We are going to go you a gun. As soon as we find a taxi, to take us to the gunsmith, I have in mind. All the arrangements have been made.”

Bob replied, “Good. I have been looking forward to meeting this gunsmith.”

Ed stated, “Ed wonders who this mysterious gunsmith is?”

Boris cracked a grin, as he stated, “Trust me, Ed. You will probably like him. In his own way, he is almost as crazy as you are.”

Ed giggled at that Boris' comment.

Boris said, “Now, let us go find a taxicab, to take us to where we want to go.”

(_)

Twenty minutes later, after a taxi ride, they were inside a secret gunsmith's store.

As they looked at the cases of weapons, Bob noticed a fair skinned man, in his late forties, to early fifties, standing in the back of the room, looking them. The man had black hair that was just starting to gray. He wore pants, a long sleeved button up shirt, and a baseball cap.

Bob thought, 'He must be the gunsmith.' Bob then turned his attention back to the cases of guns.

As gunsmith approached the group, he greeted them, in english, “Ah, Boris. It is an honor to have you come here. It is so rare for a member of Hotel Moscow to directly visit my humble shop. What may I do for you?”

Boris turned to the gunsmith, as he answered, “Burt, I am looking for a firearm for this boy.”

At the mentioned of Burt's name, Bob turned to look at Burt, and he took a closer look at the old, fair skinned american man.

Bob did not show any reaction on the outside, but inwardly he thought, with delight, 'This is the Burt that Boris was talking about. I don't know how. I don't know why. But, that is Burt Gummer from the Tremors movies series!'

'My god. He is like the ultimate gun nut. In all the multiverse, he is the type of person, one would want to see about getting a gun. What is he doing here? Not that it really matters. I admire Burt. So, I do not want to see anything bad happened him. And I wish him all the best of luck in Roanapur. He is going to need it.'

Burt noticed Bob starting at him. He looked at Bob for a few seconds. He then turned back to Boris. He replied, “Let me know which one you want. And I will give you a fair price.”

Boris turned to Bob, as he requested, “Pick out any pistol you want? We are traveling light, so I do not suggest any heavy ordnance.”

Bob looked over at Boris, as he happily replied, “Thanks Boris.”

Boris turned to Ed, as he questioned, “Would you like a weapon, as well, Ed?”

Ed used her right index finger to point at the temple of her head, as she stated, “Nope. Brain best weapon of all.” She then dropped her right hand back down to her side.

Boris thought, 'There is no point in arguing with her. I have dealt with, and worked with, crazy women, most of my life. And Ed is the craziest. Though, I find it strange that she is also the most polite, and nicest of them all.'

Meanwhile, Bob looked around, at the weapons in the cases and hanging on the shelves.

Bob saw many different times of pistols in the gun display cases. He then noticed a stainless steel revolver that looked familiar. By the revolver was a simple, brown leather gunbelt, no loops for bullets, with the holster located on the right hip.

Bob looked over at the gunsmith. He pointed at the revolver, as he asked, “Can you please tell me about this pistol?”

Burt walked over to stand beside Bob. He looked at weapon. He then looked back at Bob, as he complimented, “Nice selection. That revolver is based off of the Colt Peacemaker. It is a top-break reload that holds six rounds. The trigger system has been updated to be double action, so the trigger will both cock and release the hammer.”

“The pistol uses three fifty-seven magnum cartridges. And it comes with white pearl handled grips. A while ago, I sold two of her sisters, just like this one, to Two-hands, and a new girl that had just come to town.”

Bob realized whom the gunsmith was talking about. He inquired, “Was she a babe in a sexy cowgirl outfit, with long blond hair?”

Burt was mildly surprised, as he replied, “Yes. How did you know?”

Bob answered, “I've met her. Actually, I am distantly related to her. Anyway, this is the pistol I want. I will take the gunbelt, as well. Now, let's talk about ammo and speedloaders.”

Burt smiled, as he commented, “I always enjoy a customer who knows his products.”

Bob returned Burt's smiled, as he agreed, “So, do I.”

(_)

A few minutes later, the Boris, Bob, and Ed exited the building, and onto the sidewalk.

Boris had paid for the pistol, the gunbelt, four speedloaders, and ten, fifty round, boxes of ammunition for the pistol.

All of which were in a small, white shopping bag that Boris carried.

As the walked turned to the left, as the walked down the sidewalk, Boris turned to Bob, as he, “I know you told me that Rico taught you how to use a gun. But, until I am sure of that myself, you are not going to have one.”

Bob turned to Boris, as he calmly said, “I understand. Actually, I was hoping, after we leave here, we can find a nice quiet place where you could teach me how to use my new weapons.”

Boris agreed, “I was thinking along those lines, as well.”

Bob asked, “So, where do you two want to go now?”

Ed suggested, “Let's do some window shopping.”

Boris and Bob looked at each other and shrugged.

After they turned back to face Ed, Boris then said, “Fine. When we get finished, I know this good restaurant, that makes a nice steak. Even this early in the morning.” Boris thought, 'The place is especially nice to eat at, after pulling an all-nighter.'

Bob grinned, as he stated, “Sounds like a plan.”

Ed commented, “Ed could go for a steak.”

Boris then lead his two friends to the nearby steakhouse.

(_)

A little while later, across town, Rock and Revy were sitting in stool, across from each other, at a table, in an outdoor food court.

The couple was having brunch, which each of them eating a bowl of soup, with chopsticks.

Revy asked, in english, “So, Rock what are you up to today?”

Rock said, in english, “I got some errands to run with the car. How about you?”

Revy responded, “Akira is going to pick me up, and we plan to have some fun. Though, she did mention she wanted to tell me about something that happened last night, while I was drunk.”

Rock pointed out, “It is fortunate that you have people to look out for you, when you are in such state.”

Revy agreed, “True.”

Just then, they saw two teenage boy, on is a jacket jump clear over their table. A second later, another teenage boy in a white coat just clear over the table.

Both boys continued running towards the street, right in front of them.

About ten seconds later, five teenage girls, all with slasher smiles, and carrying various weapons, jumped clear over their table, and their heads, as they ran after those boys.

Revy comment, “From the look on the faces of those girls. I would say those boys are screwed.”

Rock responded, “For some reason. Those girls look familiar. I just cannot place them.”

Revy responded, “I am sure we will figure out what is going on, soon enough.”

(_)

Elsewhere, an hour later, Boris, Bob, and Ed, had finished their very good meals at the steakhouse that Boris recommended.

Currently, the three adults were in the shopping district, with Bob and Boris escorting Ed, as she windowed shopped.

As they walked along the sidewalk, Boris held the bag with Bob's revolver and equipment, in his right hand.

While they continued walking down the sidewalk, Bob watched Ed look at the store window they were by, he thought, 'I will give Ed credit. She has not dragged us into any stores that would be embarrassing for Boris and I. Pretty much just book stores, knickknack stores, and one electronics store.'

'And Boris and I have seen a few interesting things in those stores. So, it has not been a waste of time for us.'

A minute later, as the three of the turned a corner, they ran into Revy, Sawyer, and Shenhua. None of them had their weapons in their hands. Their weapons were either sheathed, in their holsters, or strapped to their back.

Both groups of adults came to a stop, ten feet apart from each other.

For the next few seconds, The members of both groups looked at the members of the other group.

Bob commented, “I take it we are not lucky enough that you three are from the present.”

Revy and Shenhua giggled.

Sawyer replied, with her electrolarynx, “Nope.”

Shenhua inquired, “I was wondering Bob, what are your thoughts on Balalaika?”

Bob answered, “She is nicer than I expected.”

Revy said, “Bob, you must have pulled some trick, to get sis to let you go.”

Bob stated, “Actually, Boris did all the work. I don't know what he said, but she let us go.”

The three killer women turning to Boris.

Boris slyly smiled, as he commented, “Years of having a good business relationship with Balalaika paid off.”

Sawyer said, “I would bet.”

Bob stated, “Still Revy, don't you think you can use your time more wisely than hunting us? Like raising your kids.”

Revy's jaw dropped. She then quickly collected herself, as she question, “How did you?....” Her expression deflated, as she asked, “You heard the entire conversation?”

Bob responded, “Loud and clear. And I wish I had not.”

Revy growled, “So help me, if you tell them...”

Ed interrupted, “Bob already told us. He also told us what Revy was promised for capturing Ed and Bob?”

Sawyer and Shenhua turned to Revy, as she inquired, “A promise for what?”

He flatly answered, “Sexual favors from Rock.”

Shenhua and Sawyer continued to look at Revy, as they started giggling.

Bob could see Revy's turning a dangerous shade of red, as she began enraged.

Unfortunately, his friends seemed to be going for broke.

Boris commented, “Revy, I guess being rich does limit one's options in meaningful payment.”

Ed stated, “Wow, Revy. You give a girl ideas. Still, I think you would make a nice mother.”

Bob saw Revy start to calm down, after hearing Ed's compliment.

Bob thought, 'Thank you Ed, for defusing the situation.'

Shenhua turned to Boris, as she asked, “Boris. As someone whom has worked with us for years, I would like you thoughts on what the Lagoon members did? What they really do what Revy mentioned.” She turned to Revy, as she swiftly continued, “No, that I am saying what you claimed is not true, Revy. I just want an outside opinion.” She looked back over at Boris.

Boris turned to Shenhua, as he stated, “I could see it Rock doing it. Let's get honest. In his, I guess now, her own way, she is as crazy as you are Revy, here. Benny, as well. It is sad to say, but Janet has Benny whipped. And with enough alcohol and sexual favors, I can see Benny agreeing to just about anything Janet wants her to do. But, Dutch... I cannot imagine Dutch doing that. I fear if I actually went to your island, and confronted Dutch, and her daughter, the matter. The sheer sight of the impossibility would snap my sanity like twig.”

Revy shrugged, as she casually said, “It might. I know people whom have snapped over far less important reasons. Though, Dutch was the one that did it first.”

Boris flatly said, “I know. You were very clear about what happened, when you had your previous discussion. And Bob told us all the details.”

Revy commented, “I am not surprised.”

Sawyer turned Boris, as she suggested, “Boris, it may be best not to test your theory.”

Boris turned to Sawyer, as he replied, “I agree.”

Revy asked, “Bob, you are right. I would like to get to see my kids again, as soon as possible. The problem is, now it is not just what Rock promised me. Which is alone, worth doing the job. It is also the principle of the matter. The challenge of capturing you, Ed, and Boris here. So, not to sound like a broken record, but are you going to surrender?”

Bob, Boris, and Ed looked at each other.

Bob said, “We don't want a repeat of last night?”

Boris and Ed nodded.

From the corner of Bob's eye, he noted when the cars stopped at the traffic light, when they did, he bolted across the two lane street, as he yelled, “Meet you at the rendezvous!”

Boris and Ed then turned, and ran back around the corner.

Revy turned her head back and forth, at her fleeing prey, as she cursed, “Damn it!” She then turned to her two friends, as she ordered, “I will go after Bob. You stay go after Boris and Ed.”

By then, the traffic light had just turned green. While the cars will still starting to move, at around twenty-five miles and hours, on the two lane street, Revy quickly roof hopped on the cars, to the incoming lane. When her feet hit the sidewalk, on the other side of the street, she started running after Bob.

Meanwhile, Sawyer and Shenhua looked at each other.

Sawyer commented, “Ed is with Boris. And if we attack Boris, here, we risk stirring up a hornet's nest, and angering Balalaika.”

Shenhua pointed out, “I have no interest in being shot again, by Hotel Moscow. Still, Bob is still fair game.”

The two women then started to car roof hopped to the other side of the two lane road, and onto the sidewalk. When they reached the other side of the street, they chased after Revy and Bob, down the sidewalk.

(_)

Half a street block ahead of Shenhua and Sawyer, Bob was running as fast as he could, while bobbing and weaving between people on the sidewalk. He silently praying, between breaths, 'Please lord, let the way be clear. And I mean that quiet literally. Let the way be clear.'

When Bob reached the corner crosswalk of a five lane road. Including the center turning lane. Bob noticed that the cars were stopped right in front of him, due to the red lights, on incoming and oncoming lanes of that side of the street.

Bob bolted across the crosswalk of the street, as he silently prayed, 'Thank you.'

The traffic started just as his foot hit the sidewalk, on the other side of the road.

By the time he turned around, he saw that the cars were going both ways, at around forty miles an hour.

As he looked back at to the other side of the road, he saw Revy there.

Bob thought, 'She is clearly waiting to get across. I best get going, while the going is good.'

Bob waved to her, with his right hand. He then turned around, and he continued running down the street.

(_)

On the other side of the street, Revy stood on the sidewalk, as she fumed in silent rage. She thought, 'The nerve of him to wave at me. Well, even though the cars are going by to fast to roof hop at this angle, I can still jump over all of them.'

Revy then run back thirty feet, to give her a running start.

But, just as Revy was about to use her superhuman strength and speed to start her running jump across the busy, four land road, someone grabbed her right upper arm, from behind.

Revy looked back to see that Shenhua was the one that had stopped her.

Sawyer was standing right beside Shenhua.

Both of Revy's friends had looks of concern on their face for her.

Sawyer inquired, “What do you think you are doing?”

Revy stated, “Jumping across the street to get Bob. He is getting away.”

Shenhua let go of Revy's right upper arm, as she pointed out, “We must not show what we can do in public. Especially, in this city. In our past. We are to well known here. Questions will be raised. And our younger selves will not have those answers. We cannot risk a paradox. There will be other opportunities.”

Revy was silent for a few seconds. She then nodded, as she replied, “You're right. Yet. Now, that I think about. I believe I know where he is going to end up. This way, girls.”

Shenhua and Sawyer then followed Revy down the sidewalk.

(_)

A few minutes later, and a few blocks away, Bob was still running. He had turned a couple of corners, as he made his way through the city.

As Bob ran across a two lane road, he missed seeing a car red suddenly turn in. With the car hitting him in a low impact collusion.

Fortunately, the driver applied their brakes right before hitting Bob.

After Bob hit the ground, he was still aware of his surroundings, as he prayed, 'Please, do not let me have any broken bones, or I am royally screwed.'

Bob quickly check to himself, and he found that nothing was broken. Though, his body felt sore, and he was sure that he was bruised all over his body.

As Bob leaned up, he heard a car door open, and a masculine voice, say with concern, in english, with a slight japanese accent, “Are you alright? I did not see you.”

Bob looked up to see Rock, in his business suit.

Bob thought, 'You have got to be kidding me. Well, the good news is that I can use this. I am in no shape to continue walking. It is too early for me to get back to the Yellowflag. I do not want to beat Boris and Ed there. Also, I need to put as much distance between me and Revy. I can double back later to the Yellowflag.'

'And I think I know the perfect place to go to that, Revy would be beyond insane to follow me too. I just have to play this right. Though, it is best I do not give him my name.'

Bob continued looking at Rock, as he calmly said, “I think I will live. Though, I can use a hand up. Don't worry, I am not armed. And I am not upset.” He thought, 'I honestly should have looked at where I was going. This could have been a whole lot worse.

Rock offered him a hand up, as he said, “Glad to hear it.”

Bob took the hand, as he stood up. He politely requested, “Thank you, sir. Could you give me a lift?”

Rock said, “Sure. Get in.”

Bob walked up the front passenger side of the red car, which was the right side of the car. With the driver's seat being on the left side of the car.

He opened the door, and got into the car.

As Bob sat down, he shut the passenger car door, and he put his seat belt on.

By then, Rock had got into the driver's seat, and closed the door behind him. He turned to look at Bob.

Bob noticed this, as he turned to Rock. Bob said, “I already got hit by a car. I don't want to take any more chances than I have too.”

Rock shrugged. He then turned to face in front of him, as he started the car, and drove down the road.

While looking in front of the road, Rock asked, “So, where you want to go? I know a local doctor, a few blocks from here.”

Bob carefully said, “I do not want you to freak out, but I know that you are, Rock.”

Rock crack a grin, as he calmly stated, “That is common knowledge. All you have to do is ask around, if you want to learn about me.”

Bob carefully responded, “True. But, they would not know your real name is Rokuro Okajima. You have arguably one of the most intelligent people in the city.”

Rock asked, “We have met before? Haven't we?”

Bob replied, “Oh yes.”

Rock inquired, “How much trouble am I about to get into?”

Bob answered, “From me, not much. Besides, given what I know about you, I would know better than to cause you, and your friends, any trouble.”

Rock responded, “I hope so.”

Bob stated, “I just need a place to rest for about half an hour. And then I am gone. Since you hit me, this is not an unreasonable request. And you also get the added benefit of me answering your questions.”

Rock conceded, “Tempting. And where do you want to go?”

Bob requested, “Take me to your place of business, for a little while. I go there, you call me a cab, and I am gone. In the meantime, you get some questions answered.”

Rock said, “Fine. That sounds reasonable enough.”

Bob mentioned, “And if you are wondering, I can sympathize with you, on a number of things. I also have a crazy tanned skin redhead for a girlfriend, that I am in love with. By the way, is it me, or does it seem asian redheads are crazier than other redheads?”

Rock slightly grinned, as he responded, “That thought has crossed my mind. So, what does your redhead do?”

Bob answered, “Genius computer geek.”

Rock commented, “I know someone like that. And her boyfriend is a good friend of mine.”

Bob stated, “Yes. I know about the people you are talking about. Fortunately, my redheaded girlfriend does not care for guns. Nor does she care for violence. Yes. She is crazy. But, not violent.”

Rock said, “Then, consider yourself very, very lucky.”

Bob replied, “Oh I do.”

Bob and Rock chuckled for a few seconds.

As Bob watched them continue riding down the road, he thought, 'The plan is simple. Future Revy, Future Shenhua, and Future Sawyer will not follow me to Lagoon Company's headquarters, because it would risk a paradox.'

'When I get there. Depending on the situation. I will either way for a taxi. Or, I will say I need to use the restroom. And I will sneak out the restroom window, and make it back to the Yellowflag on my own.'

'I am nowhere near as injured as I let on. I am sore and bruised. But, I have had workout sessions with Zangief that were more grueling than this. If I have to call a taxi, I will call the Yellowflag ahead of time, and tell Bao to give Boris a message to meet me outside, with the money for the cab fare.'

'With luck, I will be meeting Boris and Ed within an hour, or so. With no one the wiser. And I have no worries about Rock's questions. I have already out thought Rock before. With Ed and I dodging Balalaika’s questions last night, without a problem. So, I should be fine, as long as I don't do anything to provoke the members of Lagoon Company.'

(_)

Around ten minutes later, they parked in front of Lagoon Company's business, which was located by the harbor.

Bob and Rock got out of the car, and, head up the stairs, to the main entrance to the Lagoon Company's main place of business.

Bob noticed that Rock still had his keys in his right hand.

Bob also noticed the Lagoon PT Boat moor on a dock, by the building. Though, given the situation he was in, he did not pay much mind towards the PT boat.

When they got to the top the stairs, and stood on the platform in front of the main door, Rock knocked on the door, as he stated, “It is Rock. And I have someone with me.”

Rock then used the keys to unlock the door.

Bob thought, 'I guess it is wise to announce oneself, rather than risk getting shot by Revy, or Dutch.'

Rock opened the door, and walked in first. Bob soon follow behind.

Rock then shut the door behind them, and he left his keys on a small table, by the door.

Bob stood near the outside door, as he looked around, in front of him. He saw Dutch was standing at the coffee machine, at a table, by the wall. He had just finished pouring some coffee into a small coffee cup. Dutch was wearing his usual clothing and sunglasses.

Meanwhile Benny and Janet were sitting in chairs, beside each other, at the computer desk, in the room. Benny had on his usual clothing of a shirt and pants. While Janet had on a shirt and a long skirt.

Bob thought, 'What is Janet doing here? A mystery for another time.'

But when Bob turned his head to the left, to see where the two couches, and the coffee table, were located in the room, by the same wall as the door, he was shocked at who he saw sitting in those couches.

Bob saw Sawyer and Shenhua were each in the couch set against the wall. With Revy setting in the couch facing him and Rock.

The three women looked up at him, as they smiled, which merely confirmed that they knew who he was.

Bob's eyes widened at the sight before him. He thought, 'I take it back. Those three women are crazier than I thought they were.'

Revy said to Bob, “I got to give you credit, kid. Not many people would try to escape the lions through their very own den. You got balls to even try it. You won't have them long. But, it does take some real balls to even try it.”

Bob thought, 'Good. You are not using my name. That is intelligent of you, Revy.'

Rock asked, “So, what is going on Revy?”

Revy turned to Rock, as she said, “This guy has a bounty on him. A very big one.”

Bob snorted, “I guess you would consider that a bounty, and a reward.”

Shenhua and Sawyer giggled.

Rock mentally realized, 'He knows Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer. And he is clearly not afraid of them. Who is he?'

Rock turned to Bob, as he asked, “Who are you?”

Instead of answering Rock, Bob continued to look at the women sitting at the couches, as he said, “You know how sharp these people are. If you tell them, you risk screwing up everyone's future.”

Shenhua and Sawyer nodded in agreement. Revy just shrugged.

Bob turned to Rock, as he responded, “Sorry Rock. But, I cannot tell you that. It will become very clear why, very soon.”

By then, the rest of the people in the room noticed what was going. Janet, and Benny got up from where they sitting at. While Dutch set down his cup of coffee.

Then, Dutch, Benny, and Janet turned to face the others, as they walked over to the rest of the group.

As the three of them reached the group, by the couches and coffee table, they turned to look at Bob.

Benny turned to Revy, as he asked, “So Revy, what did this guy do?”

Revy turned to Benny, as she said, “Remember that hacking you did in Florida?”

Benny replied, “Yes.”

Revy stated, “Well, what he did was way worse for himself.”

Benny turned to Bob, as he said, “For what it's worth, I hope they kill you quick.”

Bob looked over at Benny, as he commented, “We both know, with these women, I am not that lucky. But, I need to speak to Revy, for a few moments.”

Bod walked over to Revy, leaned down, as whispered into her ear right, “I know you are crazy, but you risk all over creation by being here and now. If your past self walks in and sees you, we might be saying goodbye to all existence.”

Bob leaned up straight, as he looked in Revy's eyes.

Revy smirked at Bob, as she said, in a casual tone of voice, “Relax. This is not the first time that this has happened to me. And there is one thing you did not take into account of. I have been waiting for this day a long time. This is the day I met my future self.”

Just then Bob heard the outside door knot turn.

Bob turned towards the entrance, as he saw the door open.

Those present, including Bob, watched as Past Revy and Akira, as a woman, in her cowgirl uniform, walked into the room.

Bob also saw the both women are armed with their usual weaponry.

Bob thought, with worry, 'Lighter meet dynamite.'

Past Revy and Akira, came to a stop, as they turned to their left, to see who was inside the room.

Each Revy saw the other Revy, while everyone else looked back and forth between them.

Dutch yelled, “What the hell?!”

Benny said, “Dutch, we have officially entered the twilight zone.”

Past Revy screamed in rage, “Who the hell is this bitch?! I heard from Akira that there were imposters going around last night. But, I didn't realize they had the guts to show up here.”

Future Revy just cocked her head up towards Past Revy, as she laughed.

Akira turned to her teammates, as she questioned, “I thought you two, and Lotton, were running errands today?”

Sawyer answered, “We did.”

Akira realized the pretense of Sawyer's comment, as she inquired, “You're the ones I saw from last night?”

Shenhua replied, “Yes. And don't worry, Akira. It will all likely make sense in less than a minute.”

Bob interrupted everyone, “There are no imposters here. This is a case of time travel.”

Janet turned to Bob, as she asked, with skepticism in her tone of voice, “And how would you know that?”

Bob thought, 'Because Akira is here. And she was not part of the Black Lagoon cast.' Bob turned to Akira, as he asked, “Cowgirl, have you ever seen me before?”

Akira answered, “No.”

Bob said, “Well Akira, let us just say I would hate to see you sneeze while wearing that getup.”

Bob's comment let everyone know that he knew Akira's little secret, and her name.

Rock thought, 'He is from our future. That is why he didn't answer my question. If I knew his name, it might create a paradox, when I first meet him.'

Bob turned to the sitting women, as he asked, “By the way, which one of you picked out that getup for her?”

Shenhua, Sawyer, Future Revy raised their hands. From the corner of his eye, Bob also saw Past Revy raise her hand.

Bob thought, 'That makes so much sense.'

Janet said to Bob, “So, McFly, what the hell is going on?”

Bob turned to Janet, as he answered, “Think STG Time's Arrow.”

Janet replied, “Gotcha.”

When Janet said the word 'gotcha', which was pronounced exactly like, 'gacha', Bob noticed Akira's right eyebrow raised for a slight second.

Bob thought, 'So, she does already know about her own series. Interesting. But, the Black Lagoon cast of this time period, likely do not. I will have to be extra careful about what I say. Or, I could tip my hand, and create a paradox.'

Dutch walked over to Benny, as he whispered, “What did this man mean?”

Benny softly said, “The man stated the title of a Star Trek, The Next Generation episode, about how the part of the crew go back into time and meeting someone in the past, whom later meets them in her future.”

“It is pretty good two part episode. I have it on DVD. I will show the episode some time. The problem is the episode is just too complicated to talk about. The long and short of it is, this is not his first meeting with some us, or all of us. But, this is our first meeting with him.”

Dutch nodded, as he quietly responded, “I look forward to watching it.”

Both men then turned there attention back to the group.

Meanwhile, Shenhua got up and whispered something into Sawyer's ear.

Shenhua leaned up and saw Sawyer smiling and as she nodded towards Shenhua.

Shenhua then walked over to the phone, and dialed a number.

Meanwhile, Future Revy stood up from the couch. She walked over to Past Revy, as she smile wickedly. She said, “We both know what we always wanted to do if we ever met each other.”

Bob thought, 'If this turns out to be them wanting to screw each other. I would not know whether to be happy, or disgusted. Either way, the spectacle will give me the opportunity to escape.'

Past Revy returned Future Revy's wicked grin, as she replied, “Yes. I do.”

Both of them turned towards the open door, and walked outside.

By then, across the room, Shenhua hung up the phone. She then followed the two Revys outside.

Everyone else then followed, including Bob. As Bob passed the table by the door, he noticed that Rock left his car keys on it.

(_)

A few minutes later, on the lot outside of the building, away from where Rock had part his car, and Akira has park her car, the two redheads stood a few feet away, as they faced each other.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group just stood away from the two women, as Benny and Janet brought out a cooler of beer.

Shenhua and Sawyer stood to the side of the other adults.

Future Revy cracked her knuckles, as she said, “Fair warning. I remember this from your point of view.”

Past Revy replied, “It will still be worth it.”

Future Revy said, “Okay. But first, there is a strand of hair loose from the back of your ponytail.”

Past Revy checked the back of her head with both her hands, just as Future Revy nailed her in the jaw, with her right fist.

Past Revy rubbed her jaw, as she stated, “Ah, that is dirty. I like it.” She then returned the blow.

And the fight between the two of them began.

(_)

Several feet away, the other adults watched the fight, as Rock stated, “Why am I not surprised that Revy always wanted to have a fight with herself?”

Dutch replied, “Well Revy has always tried to be the best. And I guess beating yourself would be a way to prove she had become the best.”

Benny commented, “This might be therapeutic for her. It will let her work out a lot of self-hatred she clearly has for herself.”

Bob stated, “Either way, it brings new meaning to being one's own worst enemy.”

The other adults, watching the fight, nodded in agreement.

Benny suggested, “Should we place bets on this fight?”

Bob said, “I would advise against it. There are too many ways to cheat. Considering Future Revy already fought this fight, when she was Past Revy.”

Benny agreed, “Good point.”

Janet opened the cooler full of ice and beer bottles, as she asked, “Who wants some beer?”

Everyone took a beer, but then, as Bob reached for one, Akira said, “Aren't you a little young for beer.”

Bob was already stressed out from being chase, hit by a car, and surrounded by lunatics. And Akira has stepped on his last nerve.

Bob stood up straight, in front of Akira.

Due to Bob's height, compared to Akira's height, he looked down at her, as he snapped, “I am literally a dead man walking. If I am lucky. For the last several months, I have been running, unarmed, from these three psychotic chicks, with only my wits, some luck, and a little help, keeping me one step ahead of them. That is not counting what you and your friends will do to me. Including, my first date, with my girlfriend. I have paid my dues for this beer. And I am going to have one, right now.”

Akira could see the man was one step from going crazy himself. She back away, as she replied, “Okay. Have as many as you want.”

Bob flatly replied, “Thank you.” He then retrieved a bottled of beer from the cool. He opened the bottle, and too a drink from it.

Akira took a good look at Bob's clothing. The coat looked familiar to her, but she could not place from where she had seen it. She asked, “That is a cool coat. Where did you get it from?”

Bob turned to Akira, as he smirked. He said, “I stole it.”

Benny spoke up, “You know. How do we tell the two of them apart? They look identical. Right down to the hair style and clothing. It is like Revy has not aged a day.”

Bob answered, “Actually, she is from years in your future. Though, there is some truth to your statement. And to answer your question, Future Revy has stretch marks on her stomach.”

Akira, Rock, Dutch, Janet, and Benny's jaws dropped in surprise.

As the five adults collected themselves, Janet questioned, “She became a mother?”

Bob calmly answered, “Yes.”

Benny inquired, “Willingly?”

Bob just nodded, while smiling.

Dutch looked over at Rock, with a smile on his lips, as he asked, “So, who is the father?”

Bob look over at Dutch, as he answered, “You won't believe me, if I told you.”

The other adults standing there, noticed that nearby, Shenhua and Sawyer were snickering, as they looked at them.

Benny said, “I have a feeling we are being denied critical, need to know, information.”

Bob finished his beer. He set the bottle, on the ground, by the cooler. He then leaned up, and turned to Benny, as he inquired, “You don't know the half of it. Still, I take it, that you are a Tremors fan?”

Benny answered, “Janet and I love those movies.”

Janet said, “Yea. Burt is the only gun nut, in any fictional series, that I believe can think of that would out gun nut both Revy and the Bloodhound. That is not an easy accomplishment. And he is fairly polite, too.”

Dutch spoke up, “Yes. The first two movies are good. It is interesting a gun nut that is not from the southeastern U.S.”

Bob commented, “Actually, note the Atlanta Hawks cap he sometimes wore. He is likely a southern redneck, whom moved to Nevada to prepare for a nuclear war that never happened.”

Dutch just shrugged, in response.

Bob suppressed a smile, as he thought, 'I wonder how you all would react if you knew Burt was in town? Though, Burt had enough sense to ditch the Atlanta Hawks cap, with just a white cap. That would have been to obvious, even for him.'

'Now, what do I do about you guys. I know a lot about what is going to happen to you. But, I know know vague details. I do not know the hows and whys.'

'I guess, I might as well try my best to warn you. Though, with Shenhua and Sawyer here, there is not much I can tell you. That is not even counting the possibility of telling you might a paradox.'

Bob sighed. He stated, “Ah, guys. Listen. I would love to tell you all what is going to happen to you. Really, I do. Some of it is good. Some of it is bad. A whole lot of it is truly bizarre.

“Should you even see me again afterward, in the future, you will likely try to kill me for not telling you. The line forms to the left for that. But, if I actually try to tell you anything relevant that could stop the course of the future, I risk not only being literally hacked to death by those two woman near us. But, I also risk destroying existence itself, in a paradox.”

Akira could see the man was stressed out. She thought, 'Was I like this, when I first met my friends during the hotel attack?'

Akira handed him a beer, as she suggested, “Here, have another beer.”

Bob accepted the beer, into his right hand, as he replied, “Thank you. You are so much nicer when you are not trying to attack me.”

Akira smiled.

Bob opened the bottle. And after a swallow of beer, Bob stated, “Though, I will say this. Treasure the time you have together. Enjoy these nice days in paradise.”

Rock remember a girl one night at the Yellowflag had said something similar to him. He asked, “I met a black haired girl once at the Yellowflag.”

Bob swapped his bottle, from his right hand to his left hand. He then then right hand at a height, a several inches below his own jaw, as he inquired, “Let me guess. She was this tall. She had long hair, a slender build, with big breasts? And she dressed in a pants and shirt?” He then dropped his right hand to his side.

Rock answered, “Yes. Though, I never saw her face.”

Bob silently realized, 'Oh lord! He met his future female self. How do I explain that to someone? That your going to lose your manhood and eventually become a mother? Along with Benny and Dutch for that matter. If they believe what I tell them, that would not only create a paradox, it could even break their sanity. I will have to keep this vague.'

Bob said, in a sober tone of voice, “Yes. I know her. By the time you meet her again, you will have most of your answers.”

Benny could see where this conversation was heading. He turned to looked at the two Revys trading blows, as he commented, “At least this turning out to be a fair fight.”

Bob looked over at the fight, as he said, “Nope.”

Benny asked, “What do you mean, nope?”

Bob answered, “Future Revy has some sort of super-soldier serum in her.” Bob gestured his bottle of beer, in his left hand, towards Shenhua and Sawyer, as he continued, “And so do those two.”

Dutch asked, “What lunatic would do that?”

Bob answered, “I would tell you, but then Shenhua, and Sawyer would kill me.”

Dutch commented, “You really are in a tight spot.”

Bob turned to Dutch, as he replied, “That would be an understatement.”

Benny turned to Bob, as he said, “At least now this Future Revy would have been a match for Roberta. If the maid... Well the older maid, or Bloodhound, had not lost her limbs, in that run through the jungle.”

Bob thought, 'Run through that jungle. That song was even referenced in the manga version of the lead up to those scenes. Though, the song at the time was intended to be directed towards the Grey Foxes doing the running. Still, I might as well tell them about Roberta.'

Bob turned to Benny, as he mentioned, nonchalant tone of voice, “Actually, no. The same people that gave these three that super-soldier serum, replaced Roberta's lost limbs with cybernetic limbs, and they give her that super-soldier serum, as well.”

Benny swiftly walked over to Bob, and he grabbed Bob by the collar of Bob's shirt, with his right hand. Benny looked Bob in the eyes, as he demanded, “What madman would do that?! The Bloodhound was already an unstoppable killing machine before! And now someone thought it was a good idea to rebuild her into the bionic woman, with a super-soldier serum thrown into the mix!”

Bob pushed Benny off. Bob then said, “Benny, you are preaching to the choir. And the Bloodhound is now a bionic badass super-soldier. I have never met her personally. And I am very happy about that fact. I only know this from second and third hand sources. But, keep your eyes peeled. And be prepare to leave at a moments notice. Given your skills, and experience, I am sure you will know when the time is right.”

Bob saw Benny start to calm down. Benny replied, in a more normal tone of voice, “You're right. And thanks for the warning.”

Bob replied, “You're welcome.”

Just then, Future Revy knocked Past Revy to the ground.

As Past Revy did so, all eyes turned back on the fight.

Shenhua commented, “Ah oh. Past Revy is pissed.”

Janet asked, “Why would our Revy be pissed?” She thought, offhandedly, 'Besides Revy usually being pissed off for the smallest of reasons. Though, I have noticed that she has gotten better, over the last few months. Compared to when I first met her. It seems having Akira, Sawyer, and Shenhua, as friends. And Rock as a steady boyfriend, has helped mellower some. Though, she still has a temper.'

Sawyer answered, “During the entire fight, Future Revy had the upper hand, and this pissed Past Revy off.”

Everyone watched a Past Revy leaned up, used her right hand to pulled out the pistol uder her left armpit. She pulled back the slide with her left hand, and shot at Future Revy, aiming for her right shoulder.

What happened next caught everyone by surprise.

Future Revy caught the bullet with her right hand.

Future Revy leaned down, and opened her right hand to reveal the bullet to Past Revy. Past Revy also saw that the only injury her future counterpart's right hand had, in catching the bullet, was a mild bruise in the middle of her palm.

Future Revy grinning wickedly, as she said, in a mischievous tone of voice, “I believe this is yours.”

Past Revy saw this. She quickly put away her pistol, back into her left shoulder holster.

Then, what Past Revy did next took everyone by surprised, except for Future Revy.

Past Revy squeeled like a child whom just saw a cool magic trick. She grinned wildly. Her eyes widened and teared up, as she begged, “You have got to teach me that trick. I mean, I have already, personally seen people cut bullets in half, with a sword, in mid flight. But, to see someone actually catch a bullet is just awesome.”

Future Revy offered Past Revy her left hand up. Past Revy took it.

As soon as Past Revy was on her feet, Future Revy said, “Don't worry. You will be able to do that in the future. Because you are me, and I am you.”

Past Revy smile widened, as she replied, “I look forward to it.”

Benny commented, “And the fight is over. Just like that.”

Future Revy then looked around, as she asked, “So, where is the kid?”

Everyone looked around

Suddenly, they saw the Lagoon Company's car roar down the road, away from them, and towards town.

Dutch yelled, “He stole our car!”

Benny stated, “I got to admit. He is a slippery one.”

Future Revy suddenly remembered, as she stated, “Oh crap. I forget he stole our car at the end of the fight.” She quickly pocketed the bullet she caught, as turned to Dutch, She said, “Sorry Dutch.” She turned to Akira, as she requested, “Get your keys. We are going after him. And I want him alive.”

Past Revy stated, “I'm coming.”

Dutch said, “I will drive. You girls just shoot.”

All four adult quickly headed to Raven group's four door car. Seconds later, Dutch was driving, as they headed after Bob.

As Janet, Benny, Rock, Shenhua, and Sawyer saw Raven Unit's car leave their sight, Janet asked, “Do you think they are going to catch him?”

Benny commented, “I hope not. That kid seemed nice enough. And in his place, I would run away, as well. Though, I do hope we get our car back in one piece.”

Shenhua said, “I won't worry. If this... Kid was this easy to catch, we would have caught him already.”

Janet stated, “I guess he has that going for him.”

Sawyer mentioned, “Also, he is known to take care of the items he takes.”

Benny inquired, “Such as?”

Sawyer answered, “The coat he wears.”

Janet asked, “Who does the coat belong too?”

Sawyer stated, “You won't believe us. But, you will find out eventually.”

Rock questioned, “You are not going to tell us who he is?”

Sawyer replied, “No.”

Shenhua commented, “Doing so would likely mess up the timeline.”

Janet inquired, “Are we at least happy in the future?”

Shenhua and Sawyer turned to look at each other. Shenhua shrugged. The two women then turned back to look at the other three adults.

Sawyer said, “Yes.”

Benny commented, “Well, from what the kid hinted at. It sounds like we went through some things, in the future.”

Shenhua stated, “You did. Or, you will. But, you got through them.”

Sawyer said, “Take comfort in that.”

Benny commented, “Okay. I can find some comfort in that.”

The adults then noticed a taxi approach them.

A few seconds later, the taxi came to a stop in front of them.

As the adults looked at the taxi, Janet asked, “So, who called a cab?

Shenhua turned to Janet, as she stated, “I did.”

Sawyer said, “It was fun. But, we have an appointment to keep. We will be back in an hour.”

A few seconds later, Sawyer and Shenhua, got into the back of the taxi, without their weapons.

They then shut the doors to the taxi. With the taxi soon driving away from Rock, Benny and Janet.

As the three adult watched the taxi drive away from them, and towards the city, Rock commented, “Why do I have a feeling that there is a lot more going on than even this boy and Future Revy know?”

Janet stated, “Because Rock, you are a lot better on the uptake than most people.”

Benny agreed, “Yep. It does not take a genius to figure out other things are going on. But, being one helps.”

Rock said, “Okay. Let's clean up, and bring the cooler inside. We will wait for the others in the air conditioning.”

Janet complimented, “That sounds like a good plan.”

Benny stated, “I can go along with that.”

The three adults then quickly cleaned up the bottles, bottle caps, and Revy's spent shell casing. They put the garage into an outside trash can, that was by their building.

Then, Benny closed the cooler, and picked up the cooler, as all three adults headed upstairs, and into the main, air conditioned office, of Lagoon Company Headquarters.

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob drove thought the streets of Roanapur, with his seatbelt on.

Right behind him was another car, chasing after him, whose passengers were shooting at him.

Dutch was driving Lotton's car, in the left driver's seat. And he was doing a marvelous job of catching up with Bob. Dutch was also firing his revolver at him, with his left hand.

In the front right passenger seat was Akira firing one of her revolvers at him, with her right hand.

In the backseat, Past Revy and Future Revy sat on the window opening, as they both fired their pairs of pistols at Bob. Past Revy was on the left side of the car, behind Dutch, and Future Revy was on the right side of the car, behind Akira.

The car Bob drove was pot marked, but there were no holes in the windows, and he was unharmed.

Bob saw all this in his rear view mirrors, as he thought, 'I always wondered what was worse than pissing off Revy. Well, I found my answer. Pissing off two Revys.'

'The good news is that I have a general idea of where the Yellowflag is. The bad news I cannot use the highway to get there. The four badasses chasing me are good enough shots to kill me if I get on a straightaway. Like the highway. Which means I have to get through downtown Roanapur to get there.'

'Given how corrupt the police are, I don't think they will get involved, unless I start running over people. Which fortunately, I have not done. And I have not hit any cars, yet.'

'Also, I am thankful this car is still running. At least, Rock was kind enough to leave a nearly full gas tank, before I took the car. And I am sure I am going in the general direction of the bar. So, I know I will get there eventually. Though, when I get there, I am not sure how I am going to stop, and get out.'

Bob then turned again, onto another street, through a red light and oncoming traffic, without getting hit. With him doing all this, to prevent his pursuers from getting a direct line of fire on him.

(_)

In Lotton's car, Dutch watched as Bob turning another corner, on a red light, while barely dodging the opposing traffic, as he entered the other street.

Dutch followed without hitting anything, nor anyone, as he ordered, “Try not to damage the car anymore than you have too.”

Future Revy stated, “I am trying to hit the tires. Remember I want him alive.”

Past Revy quipped, “Well you are hitting everything on the car, but the tires.”

Future Revy replied, “You are one to talk. I don't see you hitting the tires, either.”

Past Revy said, “The guy just keeps turning onto another street, right before I get a good shot.”

Akira stated, “Girls. Please. Focus. We cannot stop him, if we are arguing.”

Past Revy and Future Revy shrugged, as all three women pointed their weapons back at the car Bob was driving, and fired at the back tires, only to miss again, as Bob turned to another street.

(_)

Just after Bob turned the car onto another street, he noticed a green haired asian woman in a blue leisure suit, that was fitted for her. With the woman appearing to be in her mid-twenties in age.

Bob thought, 'What the hell? Never mind. I do not have time for this.'

Two street turns later, Bob noticed that he passed by Lotton, Shenhua, Sawyer, whom were with two teenage boys, in their late teens in age, that both had tanned skin, and black hair.

Bob thought, 'You got to be kidding. Oh well. At least, I am getting better at maneuvering and turning at high speeds, than I was in Tokyo.' He looked at the rear view mirror, as he mentally added, 'Still, Dutch is gaining on me.'

A few seconds later, as Bob drove down another street, he saw Chang and his people, as he passed by.

Bob thought, with amazement, 'Great. I can now say that I have met all the major cast members of Black Lagoon that live in Roanapur. Now, I want to say I lived to make it out of this city in one piece.'

(_)

From the sidewalk, Chang, his usual nice clothing, and his men, whom were in black suits, were about to get into an awaiting black car that had been pulled up to the curb for them. With one of the men holding the door open for Chang. When they watched the car chase, and they saw the two Revys in the backseat of the second car.

The man that was holding Chang's backseat door open for him, asked, in chinese “What was that?”

Chang looked down the street, as both cars turned another corner. He did not look at his man, who as the question. Chang cracked a grin, as he answered, in chinese, “That is evidence that we are taking the proper path. Please, inform the police to stay out of the matter.”

One of Chang's other subordinates replied, in chinese, “Yes sir.”

As Chang go into the backseat of his car, he mentally reflected, 'I already started my projects, a few days after meeting with Akira. And it looks like my efforts are already bearing fruit.'

When the door closed behind him, he got comfortable, in his cushioned seat, as he pulled out a book, from one of his coat pockets. For the last few days, on Chang's off time, he had been reading the book, when he was no busy with business, and his projects.

As the car started to drive off to the location of his, next scheduled appointment, he opened the book, to the folded, mark page, where he had left off reading.

Chang had read the book a few times before, and he just wanted to refresh him memory of content with the book.

While Chang became to reading, where he left off, he thought, 'Nearly everyone focuses on the spice angle in this story. Almost no one realizes the brilliance of the eugenics angle in this story.'

The book in Chang's hands was the first novel of Frank Herbert's 'Dune'.

(_)

A few minutes later, as Bob drove thought the city, Bob thought, with concern, “Well, I have pissed off Roanapur, as a whole. I must have a real gift for getting on people's bad sides. And this is the last place I wanted to do such a thing.'

'I have angered the locals. I have disrespected the help. And now I am scaring the visitors of this island, with this chase. All with the hammer slowly coming down behind me. When did my life become a Hunter Thompson story?”

Just then, the Yellowflag was in sight.

Bob turned towards the front of the Yellowflag bar. As he tried to apply the brakes, which didn't work, he mentally screamed, “Oh crap. They must have hit the brake lines.”

Those in the Yellowflag noticed the red car barreling down towards them, and they quickly got out of their chairs. They ran to the sides of the room, with the get close to the ground, to avoid the car, and the mess it would creat.

Bao on the other hand, ducked under his armor plated bar counter.

A few seconds later, Bob crashed into the front entrance of Yellowflag.

A second after the car came to a stop by the bar counter, in the back of the room, Bob did not waste time. He quickly undid his seat belt.

Bob left the keys in the ignition. Though, he did put the car gear in park, and turned off the engine.

Bob swiftly opened the left side, driver's door, and bolted for the Yellowflag stairs, which was fortunately, the door on the left side of the room, on the back wall. So, Bob did not have to run around the car to reach the doorway, to the back part of the building.

As Bob ran, in the corner of his eye he saw Bao getting out his shotgun, while everyone else was getting up from the cover they had taken, right before the car rammed into the building.

Bob exited the room, and quickly rushed up the stairs, to the second story. He ran down the hallway, to the safe house that Boris has shown Ed and him

When Bob reached the door to the room, he found it unlock, as Boris said it would be.

Bob opened the door, and he saw his two friends, in the room. With them sitting upright on the cot.

Bob quickly said, “We have got to get out of here, right now. Hell is literally five steps behind me.”

Boris and Ed immediately stood up, as they approached Bob.

While they did so, Boris swiftly pulled out the reality device from his pocket. And the three adults soon teleported back to an alternate Earth, and to Boris' hotel suite there, at the proper time and place.

A few seconds later, Lagoon Company, Akira, and Bao, reached the room.

Dutch demanded, “Where did they go?”

Future Revy stated, “Don't bother looking for them. They are already gone.”

Past Revy commented, “This sucks.”

Future Revy said, “Don't worry about it. I am sure we will catch him, eventually.”

Past Revy shrugged.

Bao asked, “So, with him gone. Who is going to pay the damages to my bar?”

Future Revy ordered, “Hold out you hand.”

Bao held out his right hand.

Future Revy reached into her left front pants pocket and pulled out something.

She dropped the items into Bao's hand.

Bao looked and saw they are small gold bars.

Future Revy said, “That should cover it. And Bao, don't ever say that I don't do something for you.”

Bao pocketed the small gold bars, as he replied, “Thanks.”

Akira, Dutch and Past Revy were shocked at the sight.

Past Revy stated, “I never thought I would see the day I would freely give gold to somebody.”

Future Revy slyly replied, “Let's just say we come into some wealth in the future, and leave it at that. Besides, I have found that good bartenders, that can handled our level of insanity, are far and few between.”

Dutch commented, “Revy, it is nice to see that you have changed for the better.”

Akira just nodded in agreement.

Bao then noticed, as he inquired, “Wait a minute. Now, that I am thinking about it. Why am I seeing two Revys?”

Future Revy answered, “I am from the future.”

Bao quickly said, “I don't want to know. Honestly, I am not even angry at the kid for wrecking my bar. If I was being chased by you four, I would do everything I could to escape.” He thought, 'Besides they warned me that strange things were coming, and to watch out for when Chang goes off the deep end. Two Revys confirms that they were telling the truth. And I am going to take their warning to heart.'

Akira stated, “No argument there.”

Dutch stated, “Let's go check on the car.”

As they walked out of the room, Dutch tossed Akira her keys to her car, and her home.

Akira caught the keys, and put them in her right, front shorts pocket.

(_)

Around a minute later, they were all down on the bar level.

There were still a few customers sitting in the bar. The rest had left.

Bao loudly stated, “The bar is closed for repairs! You can settle up with me later!”

The customers still present, stood up from their chairs. Then, they quickly took their drinks, and left.

Dutch when to check on Lagoon Company's car.

Dutch found the driver's door was still open. And he got into the driver's seat.

Akira, Bao, and the two Revys were standing near the car, as they saw Dutch check on it.

Dutch stated, “Well, the kid at least had decency to leave the key in the ignition.”

Dutch then cranked on the engine, while leaving it in park. He then checked the dashboard instruments, and he tested the brakes. He said, “The brakes feel loose. Anyone car to check under the car.”

Akira knelt down and looked under the car. While in that position, she stated, “I see a puddle of what I am guessing is brake fluid, pouring on the floor.”

Akira than stood up.

Dutch put the car in neutral gear, turned off the engine, and he pulled out the keys from the ignition.

While Dutch got out of the car, he pocketed the keys.

After Dutch fully stood up, he turned to the other adults. He stated, “We are going to have to call a tow.”

Bao said, “I will get on the phone right now. I will have on here in ten minutes.”

Dutch replied, “Thanks.”

As Bao headed for the phone behind his bar counter, he thought, 'So, I guess it isn't the boy's fault, after all. With no brakes, there was no way to stop. And with these lunatics chasing him, he did not have a chance to slow down, anyway. Still, I do wonder how he, the girl, and Boris disappeared on us. Maybe I will find out, sometime in the future.'

'But, right now, I need to call a tow truck, so I can get these lunatics out of here, as soon as possible.'

By then, Bao had reached his phone, and he was making a call to one of the tow truck companies that he remember the phone number of.

Meanwhile, Past Revy turned to Future Revy, as she inquired, “So, what do we do now?”

Future Revy turned to Past Revy, as she answered, “We wait for a tow, and then we meet back up with everyone at Lagoon HQ. To say goodbye.”

Akira, Dutch, and Past Revy looked at her.

Future Revy responded, “That is how I remember it.”

Dutch said, “I guess there are some benefits to time travel.”

Akira commented, “Look on the bright side, as least this Future Revy didn't come back in time to screw over our Revy.” Akira mentally reflected, 'Unlike my counterpart, Hanna Solas.'

Future Revy said, “I love myself to much to do that. Besides, I had too many wonderful experiences to spoil for my younger self.”

Past Revy responded, “I look forward to having those experiences. By the way, do you want to do that thing, we rarely ever get the chance to do?”

Future Revy looked at her younger counterpart, as she smirked. She said, “I have already done it once, here.”

Past Revy turned to Akira and Dutch, as she coldly warned, “Don't you two dare breath a word to the others about what we are about to do.” She looked over at Boa, as she continued, “And that includes you, Bao.”

Dutch replied, “My lips are sealed.”

Akira commented, “Silence is golden.”

Bao put his hand on the phone reciever's microphone, as he turned to the Revys. He said, “I won't dream up it.” He then went back to talking to the tow truck company, as he watched the Revys.

Past Revy turned back to face Future Revy.

A few seconds later, they walked towards each other, and they hugged each other like sisters.

They continued hugging each other for several seconds, until they let go of each other.

Future Revy said, “Now that is out of our system. Why don't we each get a beer, while we wait for that tow truck?”

Past Revy responded, “That sounds like a good idea.”

And both Revys head to the bar counter, to wait for Bao to get off the phone, so they could convince him to give them a couple of bottles of beer.

(_)

An hour later, the Lagoon car had been towed to Lagoon Company headquarters, by the harbor, where it could be repaired. The tow truck driver had already been paid in cash. And he had left in his tow truck.

Lotton's car was parked right beside it.

Standing by the two vehicles were Dutch, Benny, Janet, Rock, Past Revy, and Akira, as they faced, Future Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer.

Future Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer all had their weapons with them.

They had already talked with each other, for a while. And they were now saying their goodbyes.

Future Revy turned to Shenhua and Sawyer, as she asked, “When we got back. Janet mentioned you had an appointment?”

Shenhua said, “We will tell you later.”

Future Revy shrugged.

Benny asked, “Should we say goodbye, or see you later?”

Rock stated, “That depends on if we are alive, or not, in the future they are from.”

Shenhua commented, “Then, I suggest you say, see you later. Because, if things go they way they should, you are all alive and healthy.”

Janet said, “That is a relief.”

Sawyer warned, with her electrolarynx choke, “Though, don't take this knowledge for granted.”

Benny stated, “We won't.”

Future Revy commented, “I won't lie to you. It gets rough for a while. But, it works out alright. And we are all a lot better off, afterward.”

Shenhua agreed, “You are correct on that, Revy.”

Past Revy said, “I take it we have a lot to look forward too.”

Future Revy, “Oh yea. You guys are going to have an interesting life.”

Benny pointed out, “From what we have seen today, I take it that the excitement in our lives hasn't ended yet.”

Future Revy smiled, as she answered, “No. It hasn't. It just gets more interesting, and... positive.”

Dutch stated, “I never thought you would ever use the word, positive, about the future. But then again, that kid told us...”

Future Revy held up a right index finger up to her lips, as she said, “Hush. I heard what he said during the fight. I would prefer my past self learn about that in the fullness of time.” She continued, with more force in her tone of voice, “Do I make myself clear?”

Dutch, Akira, Rock, Benny, and Janet nodded.

Future Revy smirked, as she said, “Good.”

Past Revy turned to Future Revy, as she asked, “What don't you want me to know?”

Future Revy turned to Past Revy, as she answered, “It is very good news. Though, it is best you learn about it, later. And it is better the way we learned it. Don't worry about it? Have I yet to steer you wrong, sister?”

Past Revy replied, “No. You haven't sister.”

Future Revy requested, “Then, please don't ask them about.”

Past Revy said, “Okay.”

Sawyer stated, “Well, I guess it is time to leave.”

Shenhua and Future Revy walked towards Sawyer.

Shenhua said, “By the way, Akira. Your friends will someday come for you.”

Akira's eyes widened. She then smiled, as she commented, “Thanks for the information, Shenhua.”

Shenhua returned Akira's smile, as she replied, “No problem.”

The others watched as Future Revy pulled something from her pocket, with her right hand.

While Future Revy held the device in her right hand, she stated, “See you guys in the future.”

Future Revy pressed a button on the device, with her right thumb, with Shenhua, Sawyer, and her instantly disappearing from the others sight.

A few seconds passed, before someone spoke.

Past Revy said, “Now, that is a trick.”

Janet whispered to Benny, “What was that device in Future Revy's hand?”

Benny softly replied, “I don't know. But, I figure we will find out someday.”

Janet quietly agreed, “That is likely true.”

Past Revy turned to Akira, as she asked, “What did Shenhua mean, Akira? Are you from the future?”

Akira answered, “No. I am just kind of stuck here, waiting for my ride. It is just nice to know that ride home will come someday.”

Past Revy shrugged.

Dutch stated, “Well, this has been exciting morning. Now, let's get some lunch. We are going to have to rely on delivery, until I can fix the car. Which will be a few more hours. Any suggestions?”

Past Revy replied, “How about some pizza?”

Rock agreed, “I can go for a slice.”

Benny stated, “Throw in some beer, and I am good.”

Janet said, “I have always been a fan of American food.”

Akira commented, “This works for me. After lunch, I will have to head back home. But, I think I have plenty of time to first have lunch.”

As the six adults walked towards the stairs that lead to the main entrance of the Lagoon Company Headquarters building, Dutch said, “Pizza it is, then. We will decide what toppings to have, and how many pizzas. Then, I will make the phone call.”

They were soon inside the main room of the building. And after they decided what they wanted, Dutch made the phone call to place the pizza order.

(_)

Two hours later, after having some lunch, Akira drove her car home.

When she entered her house, she saw Lotton, Sawyer, and Shenhua sitting in the living room chairs and couch, watching TV, and enjoying the rest of their day off.

Lotton and Sawyer were each sitting in a chair, while Shenhua was sitting in the couch.

As they turned towards Akira, Akira looked back at them, as she said, “You guys would not believe the day I had.”

Lotton challenged, “Try us.”

Akira said, “Well, it involved meeting two Revys. Seeing them fight it out. Then, having to chase this young, stupid American, across town, in the car he stole. Which was the Lagoon Company's car. He then crashed the car into the front Yellowflag, and he got away.”

“I am surprised that no one is more pissed about what happened. Anyway, beside that other Revy being there. There were also another Shenhua, and another Sawyer, there, as well.”

Shenhua stated, “That was not the only place they were at.”

Lotton answered, “Yes. I had to deal with two pairs of Shenhuas. Two pairs of Sawyers. And two teenage brothers whom claimed to be from Mars. By the way, I believe you now, about what you saw last night.”

Akira walked over, to sit beside Shenhua on the couch. As she got comfortable, she requested, “Okay. You have me beat. Care to tell me what happened?”

Lotton said, “Sure.”

The four adults then told each other what happened to them over the course of the last few hours.

(_)

On an alternate Earth. In Small Town USA. In a modern era. It was the middle of the afternoon, on a cool, but not cold, partly cloudy day.

It has been a few hours since Bob, Ed and Boris had returned to Boris' hotel suites. Which was near Bob and Ed's two hotel suites.

Boris had taken Bob and Ed to a nearby field, with a large dirt berm, outside of the town they were in.

Along with some boxes of three fifty-seven caliber ammunition, and their weapons. They also took some empty soda cans, that they sat in the middle of the side of the berm facing them. Which was about thirty feet away.

Ed and Bob stood in front of Boris, as they listened to what he had to say.

Bob had his gunbelt on, with his loaded revolver in the holster, on his right hip and waist.

Bob thought, 'I already know to treat a firearm with respect. And Boris was just going through the basics, for both Ed and my benefit.'

Boris was continuing his instruction, “After we go over that basics of firearm safety, and the use of a firearm, we will then be practicing shooting, and familiarizing yourself with your weapon.”

“You will both be practicing with Bob's revolver, and my semi-automatic pistols. So, you can get a feel on how to to fire different type of firearms. I will eventually, pull out my sniper rifle and AK seventy-four. So, you can learn to use them, as well.”

“But, that will come later. Now Ed, I know you do not want to have a gun. But, you are going to learn how to use one. I will also be teaching you some more hand to hand combat techniques that Zangief did not cover. That you both will learn how to perform, as if the moves were second nature to you both.”

Ed stated, “Okay.”

Bob commented, “You are the teacher.”

Boris stated, “Good. Now, along with knowing gun safety precautions, knowing how to use open sights, proper placement of the finger on the trigger, your stance, and the way you grip and hold you weapon, are important, as well.”

“Once we have dealt with the rules of proper gun safety. We will start with the simple shooting positions. Eventually, we will be moving to how to fire when running. Proper use of double tap.”

“Let us hope you do not have to get into a situation where you have to kill people.

“And also, how to incorporate using a firearm with hand to hand techniques. When we are finished today, I will also be teaching you how to clean, and properly maintain your weapons.”

“Always, treat you weapons with respect. Not just in how you use them in battle. But, in how you treat them when the battle is over.”

Boris then continued lessons, as he taught Bob and Ed how to properly use a firearm, and when to use a firearm.

To be continued.

(_)

Author's Notes

Boris is a trained soldier. Him training Bob and Ed to use firearms and other fighting techniques would make sense. And like all good firearm instructors, he would first teach them proper gun safety, before letting them use a firearm.

And as a subversion to the trope of people not liking to use firearms. Ed may not want to use a firearm, but Boris is going to teach her how, so she knows how to do so. And maybe someday, she may prefer to have a firearm on hand, as an option, should she need to use such a weapon.

Also, the secret is out of the bag, and Boris is revealed to have cancer.

This is why Boris is training Bob and Ed in the first place.

I do have plans for this plot line. But, that is later. Right now, Boris, Ed, and Bob, are still having run.

I really enjoyed the Hotel Moscow scenes. I got to show what goes on Balalaika's mind.

While Chang prefers to think outside of the box, Balalaika is a bit more direct. Though, as Bob, Ed, and Boris found out, Balalaika is still extremely sharp and intelligent.

Balalaika learned quickly as to how us time travel mechanics to her advantage.

This is one of the reasons that Balalaika and Chang respect each other. Each of them knows that the other can out think, and defeat him or her, if he or she loses their edge.

And I got to show a few different sides to both Balalaika and Boris.

Both of these characters have a sense of humor. But, they rarely get a chance to show it.

And the Woodstock comments and jokes felt like they almost wrote themselves.

Also, I believe, as a gunsmith, Burt would do fine in Roanapur.

On Bob's discussion with Lagoon Company. I need hint at that a few times.

Also, Revy is the type that would probably want to fight herself, than sleep with herself.

And the scenes between Akira, Shenhua, Sawyer, Future Revy, Past Revy, Dutch, Benny, Janet, and Bob, were fun to write.

The mysteries in this chapter are a little deep, and wide spread than some might realize. But, those mysteries will be covered, later.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos