Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2586

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2586
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
@@@@@

The meal was delicious and we left London at half past seven, it was nine before we were home. I offered the chauffer a cuppa and sandwich before he returned to town he declined but asked to use the loo. The kettle was boiling by the time he went to go and on a second asking he accepted a cuppa.

Sammi made it for him while I went up to settle down the natives. Cate now sleeps with the other girls, though she’s usually asleep before they go to bed. I hugged and kissed them all, including the sleeping Cate, she smiled and turned over sighing, ‘Mummy.’

I arrived downstairs as Sammi was seeing the chauffer off, I’d made my tea and drunk it by the time she came back in. “Interesting talk about cars?” I asked.

“I showed him my Bimmer.”

“What did he say?”

“He liked it, he has an old series 5 model.”

I nodded. “Did he ask you for a date?”

She blushed and nodded.

“Just be careful,” she blushed even brighter.

“I am an adult, you know.”

“I’m well aware of that, you’re also desperate for a relationship, which I understand. We all love you to bits and don’t want to see you unhappy.”

“I’ll be okay.”

“I know, but just be careful. Gold diggers come in all shapes and sizes.”

“We’re going out for a drink not an engagement party.”

“Does he know about your history?”

“I expect so, everyone at HQ knows about the Cameron girls.”

“They’ll have a surprise with Livvie and Cate, Phoebe and Lizzie.”

“They meant the ones working at the bank.”

“That’s only two of us.”

“You started a trend, Mummy.”

“I didn’t start anything, that was your dad, it was his dad who inveigled me into working for them, and who asked me to become a director. The bank has an equality and diversity policy, so has someone been saying something?”

“No, it was ages ago.”

“What happened?”

“Some young bloke chatted me up in the staff restaurant—as you know, the name badges only have a first name and department. He asked me if I’d met this new trannie who was like his mother, probably ugly with a moustache and hairy chest. Of course I said, ‘No.’ He told me the rumours were that you were her father not mother. I showed him a photo of you with all the girls to prove you were a beautiful woman, so couldn’t be the trannie woman.”

“What happened then?”

“Nothing, he asked me for a date and I turned him down saying his prejudice was juvenile and that I’d met Lady Cameron and she was all woman and very beautiful and that her daughter was said to be quite attractive as well...”

“She’s a stunningly beautiful woman.”

My compliment made her blush. “Dammit, I’ve forgotten what I was going to say now.”

“You were describing this cretinous employee of the bank.”

“Oh yeah, he discovered his mistake a few days later and actually came over and apologised to me saying he’d been misled.”

“What did you say?”

“I accepted his apology but suggested before he criticised anyone he didn’t know he should walk a mile in their shoes.”

“In the shoes you used to wear when you first started there—I doubt I could walk a mile in them.”

“He did look down at my feet and said they were very nice shoes but he thought he wouldn’t accept my offer.”

“Is he still there?”

“No, he went backpacking in Australia and New Zealand. Once he lost his prejudice we became quite good friends.”

I pretended to twirl the ends of my moustache and then look at it in a pretend mirror, she roared with laughter, “Okay, Hercule,” she said and we both chuckled.

“What happens next with Danni?”

“We wait and see. I sent Sister Maria an email asking her to let me know if anyone suspicious showed up at the school. She sent me a statement they’d released.” I got my iPad and showed the press release to Sammi.

‘To whom it may concern,
Re: Danielle Cameron.
On behalf of the governors, staff and pupils of St Claire’s Academy, we wish to make it known that Danielle has the full confidence and support of the school and that we are inordinately proud of her achievement in representing her country at her chosen sport of association football. We know her to be extraordinarily talented at football and thus worthy of this recognition and a well behaved, diligent student.
This is an all girls school, so in attending here she would have to be female; so as far as we are concerned there is no controversy other than that whipped up by the imaginations of tabloid journalists who seem to have nothing better to do than pursue innocent school children.

Sister Maria O’Malley
Headmistress.’

Sammi read it and smiled, “Well behaved, diligent student—have they got the right Cameron?”

“Yes, she’s actually pretty good with her homework and her marks are well above what they used to be.”

“So being a girl has done her some good?”

“That’s impossible to say, but what I can say, is that since she realised she had a chance of playing for England, she has decided to be the best girl she can.”

“So how long will that last—couple of years providing they don’t drop her.”

“I have no idea but given her physical situation, I’m hoping she actually begins to enjoy it and keeps it that way. It would be very difficult for her to revert, her body is already quite female.”

Sammi was going to reply, “I’m off to bed, Mummy,” said Danni pecking me on the cheek, “So you can talk all you want about me. Oh and for your information, Sam, I’m a girl, full stop. Night.”

Sammi was left goldfishing as Danni strode out of the kitchen. “Oops,” was all either of us said. However, I took her statement as one of, ‘for the foreseeable future’ rather than tablets of stone unlike the others who have never wavered from their desire to live as female, the same as myself. Danni has, so possibly she has settled into the role, the football cap a great incentive, or it’s a long term temporary state. It’s her business entirely, but the longer she leaves it to revert the more female her body will become.

We chatted about the continued attacks on the bank and Sammi rolled her eyes. “We get attacks from them every day, so far the firewall has held; once or twice it’s been pretty close to collapse but we managed to plug the gaps they were forcing.”

“I’m glad to hear it, they hold quite a lot of my money.”

“Yeah, well you’re more at risk from GCHQ or the NSA hacking your account than the Russians.”

I felt myself blush, “How can they justify such things?”

“Apparently it’s for your own good.”

“Didn’t they say that about the auto-da-fé?”

“Can’t say I know much about foreign cars...”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
271 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Check the loo

littlerocksilver's picture

and other areas for spy equipment!

Portia

Lols. Oh that was priceless,

Lols. Oh that was priceless, the riposte at auto-da-fé: "Can’t say I know much about foreign cars..."

See, for that beautiful finds as that and the likes of it alone, it's worth it to keep reading Bike.

Thanks a million,
Jo-Anne

Always wise to

check before you chat about someone , I know i speak from experience , Luckily i was not saying anything nasty or horrible but the sudden realization that the person i was chatting about was in fact very close to me made me go all shades of red.... Talk about wishing the ground would open up and swallow you.... Its not something i ever have any wish of repeating ...

Kirri

Auto-da-fé? Car with comfy seat the Spanish Inquisition drove?

Rhona McCloud's picture

Then there is Sammi's Bimmer which I have just learned is not to be confused with a Beemer/Beamer which is a BMW motorbike. I suspect you have a football-and-car-mad male influence come into your life Angharad!

Rhona McCloud

Seems Cathy and Sam got so

Seems Cathy and Sam got so engrossed with each other and what they were talking about, they totally forgot Danni was even in the room. Gee, that color blush really looks good on you two. (giggle). Janice Lynn

You should ...

You should listen to what Mel Brooks had to say about the auto-da-fé in "History of the World, Part I"... :-)

That said, interesting "conclusions" to stuff... Wonder how things'll be at the Uni when she gets back.

Sammi sounds a bit like our younger daughter... Who's words say one thing and who's actions say something a tad different (and, we're hoping she's not setting herself up for another fall!).

Thanks,
Annette