My Best Friend's Girl Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version


My Best Friend's Girl

By

Lesley Renee Charles

Chapter 3: Getting Ready For The Prom

Today is the big day. Hopefully Leon will accept me, as a girl and better yet as his girl. Of course, I am worried about the reactions of the other kids at the Prom especially if they recognize me. I know that is something I will have to face, and I pray that most of them will accept me. I can take the teasing and tormenting from the macho guys who won't understand since they are happy with being male, I am not and never have been.

Finally the school day is through and I walk with Beth to her house. She ushers me upstairs to her room where we can begin my transformation. I had brought my dress and accessories over yesterday. She made sure that I was nice and smooth, which I was having used the depilatory this morning just to be on the safe side. I also made sure my face was nice and smooth. Being dark haired and fair skinned was a problem as I always had a noticeable shadow. Beth said it would be no problem as long as we used concealer underneath the foundation. She told me how to apply it, she decided to teach me how to do my make-up saying that I will most likely be using it from now on.

I applied the liquid concealer in little dots all over my cheeks and neck. She then told me to rub the dots into my skin leaving it thick and making sure the shadows don't show. If necessary she told me to put on another coat once the first coat dried. After smoothing it out she told me to let it dry a few minutes and then we can see how well it worked. The first coat covered it enough to Beth's and my satisfaction.

She told me to apply the foundation is in the same way, but this time to cover my whole face and neck. I applied the dots of foundation and this time she had me smooth it out with a sponge so it would leave a smoother texture and be less messy on my fingers. I was told to let the liquid set a little then to apply a coating of facial powder to set the foundation.

Once we had that set Beth said we would work on my nails so that the enamel would set before doing anything else. She gave me a pedicure first, shaping my toenails, tending to the cuticles and finally painting the nails in a deep red. She said that men love to see red nails. Since I had little experience with men, I decided to trust her expert opinion.

After finishing my toes and feet, she went to work on my hands. She decided to do my nails but explain to me how she was doing it. She said I would have to learn through trial and error on how to do my nails but that we did not have the time to do that today. She dipped my hands in a liquid to soften the cuticles and then she gently pushed them back. She was happy that I had been letting my nails grow so we would not have to put on artificial tips. She took a nail file and gently rounded the tips into a nice oval shape. After finishing shaping my nails, she then painted them in the same deep red color as my toes.

While my nails were drying, she worked on my hair. She decided that my shoulder-length hair would look good in waves so she decided to perm my hair. I was unsure about this as I could not easily undo it when I go back to being a boy. She told me that she would not do tight curls just waves and that guys have wavy hair too. I gave in as I wanted to look sensational tonight. She started to wrap my hair into the long perm rods. After this was completed, she wrapper cotton around my forehead so the solution would not get into my eyes. Then she applied the perming solution and let it set. I can honestly tell you that stuff stinks a lot. After the timer went off, she rinsed my hair in the sink and put my under her dome hairdryer. The heat of the dryer was slowly putting me to sleep. After the dry went off, she started to brush my hair and combed it to the side. I had nice gentle waves swept to my left side. She put in a comb to hold it for now. She said she would put in the flowers when we were done with the dress.

She then thinned out my brows, promising not to make them to thin but she said mine were too thick. I trusted her. After she finished with my brows, she instructed me on how to apply the eyeshadow. She told me to apply the lighter shade of brown, to the outer edges and then to put the darker shade of brown on the crease. She told me were using brown to compliment by brown eyes and I must admit it looked great on my eyes. Next she showed me how to coat my lashes with mascara. I applied the first coat to each eye, let it dry and then applied a second coat to my top lashes only.

She decided to leave off the eyeliner, saying that we did not have time and she was not good at putting it on somebody else's eyes.

I didn't think I really needed it anyway so I was okay with that.

Next she showed me how to apply the blush to my cheeks. She told me to apply it to the apples of my cheeks. She had me use a peach blush as that would look natural for my skin tones. She told me to do it a little heavier as it was for a night time look.

She then had me coat my lips with a deep red lipstick that matched my nails.

Beth then went to my book bag and got out my C cup breast forms and the glue. She lined them up on my chest and glued them in place. I waited for the glue to dry then we got the strapless bra and put it on. I put the matching panties on, tucking my small member away, thanking God that it was small and easy to hide. I then rolled the tan stay up stockings up my smooth legs. She then had me step into the midnight blue strapless gown. She zipped me in the back and I stepped into the beautiful shoes that so matched the gown.

I looked into the mirror and almost passed out from shock at seeing the beautiful girl standing there.

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

While I've been looking forward to more of this story

This chapter didn't seem to serve much purpose, and feels like it would have served better as part of a longer chapter. HOnestly, I ended up skipping all but the occasional line as I scanned through because I always do in stories like this. The clothes and makeup and everything are far from the point of a story for me as a reader: I want the characters, which this chapter pretty much had none of.

I've still got high hopes for the actual dance, but this chapter seems less than necessary to me.

Melanie E.

Melanie, I was afraid of that

Melanie, I was afraid of that myself which is why I didn't really make it longer. I may go back and add some dialog. I just thought that if I went right to the meeting and the dance it would have been to abrupt. Thank you for opinion, I am planning to go back and rework this when I am done, and all opinions and/or criticisms are very helpful.

Well, to be fair

There IS a large portion of the TG lit community who seek out exactly this kind of description, so it'll likely appeal to a lot more people than it doesn't, and for that your inclusion of it has to be commended. I do agree that expanding it out and making it less about the "what they're doing" and more about "who is doing it" would be a good idea. More dialogue, more sharing of feelings and opinions and personality, you know?

That's just me, though.

Melanie E.

Melanie, those are good

Melanie, those are good suggestions and if/and when I rewrite I will incorporate them. Thank you for the suggestions.