My Best Friend's Girl

Printer-friendly version


My Best Friend's Girl

By

Lesley Renee Charles


“You have got to find me another girl to take to our Senior Prom. Michelle has dumped me at the last minute. You promised me that she would go with me, but she said that Todd, the captain of the football team asked her and so she accepted.” Leon, my best friend since the first grade told me.

He is a 6'1” tall guy. He is on the muscular side, but more of a swimmer's build. He has dark wavy hair and emerald green eyes. He is quite a handsome guy and I always wondered why he seemed to have trouble getting girls.

My name is Les, short for Leslie. I am about 5'8” tall, slender build. My hips are about equal to my shoulders. I have ebony black hair which I like to keep around shoulder length. My warm chocolate brown eyes shine with a warming glow.

“All right, Leon, I will see what I can come up with. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look for?”

Leon thought he would get cute and replied, “Oh, around 5'8”, shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes. Maybe a female equivalent of you.”

An interesting idea popped into my head. I knew I couldn't find another girl now at this late date, we had about a week to go. I knew from the few times I dressed up in my sister's clothes that I could get away with passing as a girl as I am slightly built, have hips that are wide for a male. I had bought a pair of breast forms on-line recently. I have a strong desire to dress as a woman, but I really don't know how I feel about it. I figured that I would dress up as Leon's date for the Senior Prom and I hoped that he would not figure it out and/or get real mad at me. As for whom I am attracted to, I haven't tried to figure it out yet, but I think I am more attracted to males, and I really did find Leon attractive.

As soon as Leon left, I called my best friend, Beth to help me start getting ready for the Prom. I had to buy a formal gown, matching lingerie and of course dress shoes. I had to make a date for the salon to have my hair and make-up done. Beth and I made arrangements to meet at the mall, of course, she knew of my girl time and helped me perfect my make-up skills so she told me to get myself all dolled up so that we could try on dresses in the mall.

I ran upstairs and went into my room. I got out my breast forms and glue and went into my private bath. I checked to make sure that I was smooth all over. I noticed I had a little fuzz going so I decided to use my depilatory cream and get rid of it I put the cream on and waited about fifteen minutes then took a shower to rinse it off. My body felt delightfully smooth, I never could understand why guys like to keep their body hair. Oh well, to each his own.

I carefully lined up the breast forms on my chest and applied the glue. I figured it was better to glue then on just in case we decided to try on a strapless gown. Besides I liked the feeling of having breasts. Sometimes I wished that I could have my own. I was my father's only son, and I am sure I am a major disappointment to him as I am not a very masculine son. I was not interested in sports and my dad was a total jock when he was in school. He played most sports very well. Leon is more of my dad's idea of a son. He plays soccer in school very well.

After waiting for the glue to set, I slipped on a white lacy bra and slipped on a matching pair of thong panties. I am very tiny there, so I don't have to really tuck it as it barely makes a budge at all. I then decided to where a mint green t-shirt with a white Persian kitty on it and a dark green skirt. I then put on a 2 inch heeled pair of shoes. I brushed my hair into a high pony tail and quickly applied a light coating of make-up.

I rushed out of the door, locking it behind me and ran for the bus stop.

After arriving at the mall, I met up with Beth in our favorite spot, in front of Olivia's Dress Boutique. This was a reasonably priced dress shop, where Olivia designed her own dresses. Beth and I loved the quality of her dresses and figured this would be the best place to find a dress. She had some ready made and she would also design them for you. Since I did not have the luxury of time I had to settle for a ready made gown. I looked through the shop's windows and saw a few that I liked. There was a beautiful midnight blue silk floor length gown that I really liked and hoped was in my size. If I could not get my first choice there was a green dress, I think it was close to forest green that also would look nice.

We went in and I told Olivia the dress I had in mind. Luckily there was one in my size. I loved the way the color blended in with my dark hair. The feel of the silk felt luxurious against my creamy smooth skin. I loved the way it caressed my waist and accented my slim waist. It had a nice graceful flow when I moved. Olivia sold shoes to match her gowns and had a pair of four inch heeled dancing slippers in a matching midnight blue. I tried them on and they looked sensational with the gown. I bought both items and then Beth and I decided to go to Eugenia's Secret Desires for the lingerie. Beth thought that I should get the lingerie in a lacy black style to compliment the dress colors. She said that if I got them in a navy it would be too much blue. We found the right lingerie. We then went to look for a set of gold chandelier earrings, my ears were pierced so I didn't have to worry about that. I also wanted to get a gold chain as I felt the gold would set off the blue of the dress very well.

We left the mall after getting all of my purchases. Now I had only to wait until Friday's Salon appointment and the Prom Friday night.

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So far so good!

I figure I can see where this is going... and I hope I'm seeing right! I've always enjoyed light romance stories, and I'm looking forward to Leslie having fun at her prom! That is, if Leon doesn't freak.

I hope he doesn't!

Melanie E.

Glad you are liking it. I

Glad you are liking it. I definitely will continue it. I have it all planned out in my mind, just getting it to go where I want it will take a little toying it.

Interesting Start

The average story set up is about 5% of the overall story. You've accomplished the set-up, although you might have slowed the pace a bit. Your story is about 1,150 words and probably could have been about 2,500. That would mean your novel would be about 50,000 words, which is about right for a first novel.

Good luck.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Thanks Angela, I will take it

Thanks Angela, I will take it all into consideration and in all likelihood, I will probably revise this. I appreciate the encouragement. For me, the hard part is putting the story here, but this is probably the start of a story that I have planned up to the Prom.

Nice beginning. You did have

Nice beginning. You did have one error I saw, and that was when you started a paragraph "After arriving at the ball".
Besides that error, a very well done story and one I do look forward to reading more of. The dress also sounds "yummy".

Thanks Janice, I try to catch

Thanks Janice, I try to catch them, but sometimes they slip through I will fix it right now. Glad you are enjoying it.

Well that is odd Janice, I

Well that is odd Janice, I just checked back and in MY computer it says After arriving at the mall". Now as far as \i know, there is no autocorrect programme in my computer, so perhaps you need new glasses ?

There were in fact a few minor mis-spellings, the sort of thing one asks an Editor to seek out for you. They were not that serious though. I do have to beware when criticising peoples' spelling, because American is spelled differently from real English!

Briar

Actually Briar, Janice was

Actually Briar, Janice was correct and I the author went back in and edited it, thus solving the mystery of the correction. lol