Fall of the Witch

Printer-friendly version


Fall of the Witch

by Lesley Renee Charles

Kyle was deeply dreaming of being with Lucy, the love of his life. They were in a field full of daisies. He was holding her in his arms, and enjoying the feel of her there. He felt so protective.

Suddenly a strange voice called to him. “Come with me Kyle you are needed to be a witness at a trial.” As he heard this voice a strange robed figure approached him, beckoning him to come with her.

Kyle walked towards the figure, and grasped her hand. Suddenly they were in a dark, strange place.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lucy was dreaming of being out on a secluded lake with Kyle when she too was summoned to be a witness at a coming trial. She was unsure what the figure meant. She was taken to a dark, strange place.

She noticed Kyle was there and walked up to him.

“What are you doing here, Kyle?”

“I don't know, I was sound asleep, when I was summoned here.”

“So was I.”

Suddenly the room brightened with the glow of ten suns. There were rows of chairs to the back of the room. Kyle and Lucy looked to the front of the room. There were two tables with two chairs each. They were of a simple wooden design. In front of them was the Judge's bench and to Kyle and Lucy's right was the jury box.

“The court is now in session. Everybody please rise.” A disembodied voice called out. Kyle and Lucy looked around. There was now two prosecutors at their table. Kyle and Lucy looked around at the defense table and saw a lawyer and Gwendolyn.

Staring ahead at the Judge's bench stood the Judge. She was the Supreme Commander of Supernatural beings.

“We are here to pass judgment on Gwendolyn. She transformed four people into the opposite gender. While one set was only temporary the other couple it is permanent. We the court feel that this violates the code of benevolent magic. She took it on herself to teach lessons. In the case of Kyle and Lucy, the curse was able to be corrected and they did learn to be better people. But they could have learned their lesson another way. The second couple the punishment was more severe. We will call the surprise witnesses to tell their story.”

The prosecution finished their opening arguments. Gwendolyn's lawyer rose and presented her defense.

The prosecutor waved her hands and suddenly a sad, fragile woman approached the witness stand. Kyle gasped when he realized it was his mother.

“Will you tell the truth.”

“Yes I will.”

“State your name. You will be allowed to state your birth name.”

“William Daniel Goodman. I was Kyle's father. I was misogynistic and taught him to be. I regret that behavior now. I was cursed by Gwendolyn to be forever what I hated. I now live life as a woman and it feels all wrong as I am still Kyle's father in mind. It is just my body which has been changed to a woman. The outside world think I had a sex change. I am attracted to men, now who treat me like a second class citizen. I often feel suicidal and if there was a way to undo this I would be happy. I have learned my lesson through what I have experienced.”

The Judge replied, “We will see what we can do to undo this misjustice at the end of the trial.

Kyle's mother stepped off the witness bench and went to sit by her son.

“Mom, I am sorry to see you hurt and am glad that you realize women are important too.”

The prosecutor rose and called the next surprise witness.

Lucy gasped when she saw it was her father.

Lucy's father made his way to the witness stand where he was sworn in. He raised his hand and swore to tell the truth.

“State your birth name.”

“Rose Mary Cooper. I was Lucy's mother. I was very misanthropic and unfortunately taught my daughter my views. My ex-husband abused me and so I developed a very negative view of men. I was cursed by Gwendolyn to forever be what I hate and like Kyle's mother, I still remembered being female. I have learned that there are a lot of good men around and not to assume that they are all monsters. I too, would love to go back to my old self if I could.”

The Judge felt it was not necessary to call Kyle and Lucy as she felt she knew all she needed to know to pass judgment.

“Gwendolyn, I feel that you have overstepped what was necessary in this last instance and I am reversing the spell so that your victims will return to their original self. I feel you showed extreme indifference in how you treated all four of these people. Because of this, it is my sentence that you will be stripped of your powers and live the life of a mortal. Court is dismissed.”

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Missing Word(s)?

I feel you should ____ _____ extreme indifference in how you treated all four of these people.

??

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Thanks for catching it, I try

Thanks for catching it, I try to watch my typing. It should have been showed. It has now been corrected.

a bit of an odd but to-the

licorice's picture

a bit of an odd but to-the-point tale. It seems to have a few words missing. we don't know why Gwendolyn did this or little else. As it is it works, it just seems to be missing the meat of the story.

This is the follow up to

This is the follow up to Womanly, that should provide the background for this story. I felt that Gwendolyn should be punished for what she did, I just let it be for overstepping her bounds with the parents. Hope this clarifies this story.

Tough sentence as it stands;

Tough sentence as it stands; as the Judge was reversing what Gwendolyn did to the parents, will she also be shown 'mercy' later on after learning a real life lesson?

She may be granted leniency

She may be granted leniency in the future, but she will have to prove that she can be responsible.