Perspectives: 08

Printer-friendly version

Josie

Preparing for the week ahead
Perspectives:
a novel with eight voices

by Louise Anne Smithson

Karen — sister of Sue (Sunday 24th July 2011)

I had to speak quite sharply to my sister and Jenny this morning as they were making silly comments about Josie after breakfast. She may have been out of earshot at the time, but that way could lead to disaster, if she were to hear and get upset, she might withdraw her cooperation.

‘Now listen you two, you have both promised that Josie wouldn’t become the butt of your stupid jokes. Remember that she’s doing us all a big favour, and this plan is only going to work if you show her a little more respect.’

They stopped giggling.

‘Actually, we’ve both been very respectful to my sister so far this morning,’ said Jenny. ‘I’ve promised to help her to sort out her hair as soon as she emerges from the shower, and Sue is going to give her a makeup lesson’

‘Good; let’s keep it that way with no more jokes or snide comments. It would be a disaster if she changed her mind now. So what else do we have to do today?’ I asked.

‘Mum wants to try sticking on the breast forms this morning, and then Aunt Carol is coming to take us all out for lunch. This afternoon we will need to begin going through the dance steps together.’
 
 
Jenny was as good as her word and she showed her sister how to deal with her newly acquired long hair and put it up in rollers. Sue decided to postpone the makeup lesson until after Mum had finished with the breast forms, and got on with her costume instead. I decided to give Mum a hand as I was interested to know how they worked.

Josie had proceeded to dry herself after the shower and finished off with some scented talcum powder. She was now flat-chested having removed her padded bra, but still looked surprisingly feminine in her borrowed dressing gown and with her long hair and polished finger nails. Mum asked her to lie on her back on her bed, whilst she carefully put each form in its correct place and drew round the outline using a felt tip pen. Then she stuck a number of shaped pieces of velcro directly on to her chest inside the area to be covered by each breast, and then stuck the corresponding pieces on the back of each form.

‘These Velcro patches should carry most of the weight of each breast for you but we’ll glue them to your skin around the edges as well,’ she said.

Josie didn’t say anything, but looked a little anxious, so I smiled and assured her that it wasn’t going to hurt.

Mum carefully spread a thin line of glue just inside each outline and a corresponding line around the edge of each form. After waiting for a little while for the glue to cure, she carefully placed each one in turn and quickly wiped away any surplus.

‘Josie, I want you to hold each breast in place whilst I carefully smooth round the edges with my finger tips to ensure that they are firmly stuck down.’

Once she had finished, this task, Mum removed all visible traces of the felt tip pen using some ‘wet-wipes’.

‘I’m afraid these will not be easy for you to take off when the time comes, and you mustn’t try and do it by yourself without using the right solvent. On the other hand, your new breasts should be quite secure, even in the shower, and they will not do any harm to you even if you they remain attached for a little while’.

‘How long is that?’ I asked Mum.

‘We’ll check that everything is alright on Wednesday, and if so we can re-attach them in time for the convention.’

‘May I sit up now and have a look at them Aunty Jean?’ asked Josie.

‘No I would like you to stay put for a little while longer please whilst I put on a little flesh-coloured concealer to disguise the joins’ said Mum. ‘You’ll need to learn how to do this job for yourself if you are going to wear a low cut top and show off your cleavage’.
 
 
Ten minutes later Mum at last gave Josie permission to sit up and allow her new breasts to dangle freely. They were not particularly large breast forms, but once they were free they seemed to grow under the influence of gravity and also to pull the surrounding skin into shape. At first Josie was worried that the weight might cause them to fall off, but it soon became obvious that they were quite securely fixed to her, even though they did constantly seem to move, almost of their own accord.

‘So how does it feel to have a couple of extra pounds pulling down on your chest?’ I asked.

‘They feel a little odd, and keep moving about as I move,’ she said as she stood up and walked around. ‘I can see now why girls need to wear bras to keep them under control.’

‘Yes, welcome to our world. Come and have a look at them in the mirror’ suggested Mum.

‘I can’t see where they begin and I end,’ she said.

‘Good, that’s the idea. You should think of them as if they were a part of you for the next week,’ I added.

Mum left us and I proceeded to show Josie how to put on and adjust her bra so that her new appendages felt a lot more comfortable.

‘They feel a bit more under control now, but I am sure the extra weight is making me stand and move differently’.

‘That’s only to be expected, and it will help in making you look a little bit more convincing’ I said.

I went to my bedroom and retrieved a particularly low cut top that I didn’t wear too often myself as it made me feel a little self-conscious..

‘Here, try this on, it’ll show off your cleavage and you can wear it with the black skirt you wore yesterday’.

Josie put it on and again looked at herself in the mirror.

‘They look pretty impressive don’t they?’ she commented, blushing a little, but also quite pleased with herself.

‘Yes they do, but I think you need to wear a pendant with that top, something that will attract the viewers’ eyes down towards your cleavage. Hang on a minute, I have just the thing’.

I returned a few minutes with a silver chain with a ruby coloured pendant, which I put round her neck.

‘There’s also a pair of matching earrings if you don’t mind me taking out those studs,’ I said.

‘Alright then, as long as you can help me put them in, I’m still not quite used to having these long finger nails’ she answered.
 
 
Jenny and Sue were most impressed by, and I suspect were even a little envious of, Josie’s new breasts. Whereas before she was obviously the youngest in the group, she now seemed to have the body and looks of a sixteen or seventeen year old. They were amazed that she could wear such a low cut top without it being obvious that her breasts were not the real thing.

After we’d all stopped for a coffee and to admire Josie’s boobs, Sue proceeded to give her a first lesson in applying makeup. My sister is a good teacher on this topic, carefully explaining what everything was for and the effect she was hoping to achieve, both demonstrating, but also allowing her to do part of the job by herself. Where Josie’s lack of experience showed through, Sue carefully showed her how to repair the damage.

‘Oh, there’s so much to learn, I’ll never manage to pick everything up in a single week,’ commented Josie, fretfully.

‘You needn’t worry about the competition itself,’ said Sue, ‘we’ll help one another to get ready, and I expect Mum and Aunt Carol will help us as well. However, there may be other occasions over the weekend when it will be useful if you can put on your own makeup, without our help. So if you do your best every morning for the next week, you will gradually get the hang of it.’

As soon as Sue was finished, we both helped Josie to take out the rollers and brush her hair. We then called Mum and Jenny to come and have a look.

‘My goodness Josie, I thought you looked pretty good last night, but now you’ve turned into a real beauty,’ said Mum.

Josie looked embarrassed by the comment but we could also see that she looked pleased as well.

‘Thank you everyone. I really think that I’m going to enjoy myself over the next week.’

Next time: Sunday lunch with my new daughter
up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Huh, I thought it would just

Huh, I thought it would just be 8 chapters, guess I was wrong ^^'

I think so far we've had 5 people's views right?

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Yes -sorry for the confusion!

There will eventually be eight voices used to tell the story. Each voice will speak several times.

Louise

Thanks for clarifying

I too was under the impression that there would be 8 voices and 8 chapters. Didn't seem to be complete.

Perspectives: Voice 8

Josie is enjoying herself, for now. But will it be Joe, or Josie after the concert when Josie is no longer needed? And will Joe want to be Josie every now and then afterwards?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well! I'm also happy its more than eight Louise.

I'm sure you have lots more to keep us on our toes.

Josie is getting right into it, I don't think she will want to leave it either.

I certanly wouldn't.

Great story, thank you Louise.
Hugs

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Is Jealousy Allowed?

joannebarbarella's picture

I would have liked boobs attached like that. All I ever had were falsies. Josie is getting more and more permanent.