You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 27

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 27

    Lianna had never known a day drag on so long as Thursday seemed to. She wanted to get home and see Danielle, as she was coming home today. Lianna was looking forward to being able to spend the night in the same bed, so they could cuddle up together as they sort out sleep.

    The clock on the classroom wall finally hit the allotted time and the bell rang to inform all the students classes were over for the day, and Lianna soon had all the books in her bag, and even found time to help Lauren put hers away before she was flying from the classroom dragging her sister along behind her.

     “Will you slow down sis!” Lauren said as she tried to slow her sister down without much success. “Uncle Brad isn’t going to drive home any faster than he normally does. He may even go slower if you start annoying him.” Lauren warned.

    Brad had been know to even take a much longer route home if he was annoyed enough. He’d once driven around for an hour before going home, just because Richard had a new video game he wanted to play.

     “I just want to get home and see Danielle.” Lianna said, like Lauren didn’t already know the reason for all the rushing.

     “I’d already worked that bit out.” Lauren groaned. “I was hoping to get five minutes with Simon before we left for home.” Lauren added as she was pulled past the classroom which Simon was just walking out of.

     “Hi Lauren, Lianna.” Simon waved as they shot past. “Bye Lauren, Lianna.” He added with a grin.

    Lianna finally came to a stop when Lauren stopped dead in her tracks and pulled Lianna to a stop along with her. “I’m sorry sis, but Uncle Brad isn’t going to get you home any faster, no matter how quick you get out to the minibus.” Lauren said in a stern tone.

     “Is everything okay?” Simon asked as him and Ian caught up with the two of them. Simon was looking around to make sure they weren’t being chased.

     “Everything is fine, but Danielle is being released from the hospital today, so Lianna is eager to get home and spend some time with her.” Lauren explained.

     “That’s great news; I trust everything went well then?” Simon asked as he looked around to make sure no one was listening to them, not that what they said would make any sense to anyone not in the know about the reason for Danielle being in hospital to begin with.

    Lianna was just about to answer Simon, when Nigel Lint walked past and said. “Faggot freak.” Under his breath, but it was still loud enough for Lianna and the others to hear. Lianna planned to ignore him like she’d been doing the past week, but Simon had other plans.

    Simon slid his foot back just enough for Nigel to catch his foot on it and go falling to the floor. Simon spun around and made it look like he was helping Nigel up, but he was actually holding him down. Only Lianna, Lauren and Ian were close enough to hear what Simon had to say to him though.

     “I’ve been hearing things about you calling my friend names, but I thought it was maybe a one off thing, but now I know different, and I’m warning you Nigel, it stops now, or you and I are going to have a problem, well you’ll be the one with the problem. Me.” Simon said as he pulled Nigel to his feet then picked up Nigel’s bag and slammed it into Nigel’s chest as he looked him in the eyes.

    Nigel looked at Simon, then he saw Ian looking at him in the same way, and Nigel had a feeling the two of them were plotting different ways to get him in trouble, and he knew that they could be very inventive. Nigel had been so focused on the fact Andrew was now a girl called Lianna, that he’d forgotten all about the practical jokes and trouble Andrew used to get in.

     “I’m sorry Lianna.” Nigel said with fear in his eyes just before he ran off down the hallway.

     “You didn’t need to do that Si.” Lianna frowned.

     “What? Help him up?” Simon grinned like the other stuff never happened. “I was just helping out a friend.” He added with a look that said he wasn’t lying, but it wasn’t Nigel he was helping.

     “Thank you Simon, for defending my sister’s honour.” Lauren said as she stepped forward and kissed him straight on the lips.

     “I’ll do it more often if this is my reward.” Simon grinned when they broke the kiss.

    Lianna was just about to argue the point when there was a loud thud and they all turned around to see another student sat on his backside having just walking into an open door. They all worked out he must have been watching Lauren and Simon kissing, and not where he was going. They all laughed as the guy wasn’t hurt, well not in a physical sense, but his pride might have taken a beating. The student was soon back on his feet and walking down the hallway, looking where he was going this time, but with glowing red cheeks and a hand to his head where he must have banged it on the door.

     “Do you think he’s okay?” Lianna asked looking worried for him.

     “Charlie’s fine, you know he should be used to things like that by now.” Simon said with a chuckle. “That kid spends so much time daydreaming and walking into things; he should wear a crash helmet and padding.” Simon added.

    The student’s name was Charlie Whitmore, and he did walk into things a lot, but most the time it was due to him being afraid of his own shadow as he tried to keep out of everybody’s way. He was a quiet little lad that for the most part kept to himself and tried to be invisible, except when he did things like walking into doors and getting laughed at.

     “Maybe we should make sure he’s alright?” Lianna said as she watched him vanish around a corner.

     “Good luck with that.” Simon said. “That kid can vanish better than that Houdini guy.”

    Lianna knew Simon was right, Charlie was good at vanishing, that’s one of the reasons he didn’t get bullied very often, not that it happened much in this school, but it did happen. Lianna made a mental note to ask how Charlie was doing the next time she saw him.

    Simon and Ian walked with Lianna and Lauren out to where Brad was waiting with the minibus. Simon stopped a good distance from it and said his goodbyes to Lauren.

     “Thanks again for helping Lianna out with the Nigel problem.” Lauren said as she kissed Simon again.

     “I thought you told me to take no notice of him?” Lianna asked looking frustrated.

     “I did to you, but Simon helping out, is another matter.” Lauren smiled. “If you’d had a go at him about it, that would have let him know it was getting to you, and he would have done it even more, but having a friend set him straight let’s him know he’s asking for trouble from all sides.” Lauren explained.

    Lianna went to say something witty, but stopped when she realised that her sister was right, Nigel wouldn’t want to risk getting into a fight with Simon or Ian, both of them could wipe the floor with Nigel, and his couple of friends.

     “Okay, you were right, again.” Lianna admitted with a roll of her eyes. “Thank Si. Nigel was beginning to get to me with his little comments.” Lianna added as she stepped over and hugged a worried looking Simon.

     “Thought you were going to kiss me there for a second.” Simon said with a sigh as he looked relieved it was just a hug.

     “And what if I had? I’m just as pretty as my sister.” Lianna said looking hurt at Simon’s comment. “Or was you worried for another reason?” Lianna asked just before she turned and made her way over to the minibus and got in without saying a word to Brad.

     “Lianna! I didn’t mean it like that!” Simon shouted as he went to go after her, but stopped when he saw the way Lianna’s Uncle was looking at him. “Please speak to her Lauren, and make her understand I wasn’t bothered because of what she is...” Simon tried to explain.

     “Then why did you look so worried?” Lauren asked.

     “It’s just... I just didn’t...” Simon said as he waved a hand towards the minibus where Lianna was now sat with her back to the window.

     “I think that perhaps that is the reason, but I will have a word with her and try to explain it.” Lauren sighed as she kissed Simon on the cheek before she did the same to Ian and then she walked over to the minibus and got on board. Lauren looked back and saw Simon’s shoulders drop as he realised what he’d done.

    Lianna had pulled out her iPod and slipped in her ear plugs to let everyone know she wasn’t in the mood for talking. Lauren looked a little sad as she couldn’t see any of the fire in her sister like she had earlier when they were rushing through the school trying to get home. Now Lianna looked like she wasn’t bothered if they ever got home.

    Brad parked up outside the house and Lianna was the first one to get out and enter the house, but she made straight for her room, not bothering to find out if Danielle was home, or where she was. Lauren let out another sigh as she stood in the hallway watching her sister go up the stairs to her bedroom.

     “What happened back at the school?” Brad asked Lauren, snapping her out of her thoughts. “You all looked happy until Lianna hugged Simon.” Brad added looking worried.

     “Simon got a little freaked when he thought Lianna was going to kiss him; it upset Lianna to see him react that way.” Lauren explained. “He wasn’t trying to hurt Lianna, but I think he still finds it a little weird seeing one of his best friends acting like such a girl.” Lauren added with a frown.

     “Why was Lianna hugging him in the first place?” Brad asked.

     “Lianna had been having some trouble with name calling, and I’d told her to just take no notice, and it was working, but we were stood talking to Simon and Ian just before we came out to the minibus this evening, and one of the boys doing the name calling, walked past Lianna and called her a faggot freak. Simon heard it and tripped the boy up, before helping him back to his feet and warning him to not do it again.” Lauren explained. “Lianna was just trying to say thank you, and I just told you the rest.” Lauren added.

     “You go with the others and say hi to Danielle in the kitchen, and I’ll go and have a word with Lianna.” Brad said with a smile.

     “You, talk to Lianna?” Lauren asked looking worried and a little shocked at the same time.

     “What’s that look for?” Brad asked. “I am a father remember, and I can do more than just crack heads.” He added with pride.

    Brad made his way up the stairs and down the hallway to Lianna’s room, where he knocked on the bedroom door and then entered when he heard Lianna tell whoever it was to go away.

     “I said go away, or I’ll make you leave.” Lianna snapped, not bothering to turn over and look to see who it was that had entered her room. Lianna just thought it would be Lauren trying to tell her how wonderful Simon really was.

     “Now that I would like to see.” Brad chuckled as he thought about Lianna trying to push him back out the bedroom.

    Lianna turned over and looked shocked to see Brad in her room. “What’s wrong Uncle Brad?” Lianna asked as she sat up and slid her legs over until they were hanging over the edge of the bed so Brad could sit down next to her.

     “From what I’ve heard, I think it should be me asking you that question.” Brad pointed out as he sat down on the bed next to Lianna and wrapped an arm around her to pull her even closer. Lianna felt like a very small child in this man’s large protective arms.

     “I’m alright, just some friend trouble at school.” Lianna said as she looked down at her hands in her lap as she played with a crease in her skirt. “I thought I’d been accepted by my friends, but I just found out that they still see me as a boy in a skirt.” Lianna added as she looked up at Brad with a sad looking face.

     “I think you need to cut your friend some slack Lianna. He’s still your friend and he’s still sticking up for you.” Brad pointed out. “It’s been just over a week since you dropped the bomb shell on him that one of his best friends wants to be a girl, and is now walking around looking like one. How do you think that makes him feel?” Brad asked.

     “I don’t know, but I thought he was fine with it all.” Lianna shrugged.

     “You look so natural as a girl, that I bet he forgets you were ever Andrew most the time, but part of him still sees you as his friend , and he’s going to feel sad about the lost friendship the two of you once had. I know I would if my best friend suddenly walked up to me dressed like a girl and looking so natural in the role.” Brad chuckled as he tried to think about some of the guys at the club turning up for work dressed as females.

     “I never thought of it that way before.” Lianna said with a thoughtful look on her face. “I’ve just lived with it for so long, that I just expect people to take no notice of me.” Lianna added with a sigh.

     “We all do, but for your friends at school it is all new to them, and I think your friends Simon and Ian have shown some real strength in standing by you like they have, so don’t get too worked up over Simon having a little panic attack over the thought of you wanting to kiss him.” Brad chuckled some more. “And from what I’ve seen, I think there’s a person down in the kitchen that would be more than happy for you to go and kiss her all you want.” Brad added as he reminded Lianna about Danielle being home.

     “I was never planning to kiss Si in the first place, it just hurt when he looked freaked out because he thought I was.” Lianna frowned. “Lauren would kill me if I kissed him anyway.” Lianna added with a grin.

     “I wasn’t sure I liked this Simon much, but after what Lauren said he did for you today, I think he’s an okay lad now.” Brad smiled with pride over what Simon had stepped up and done in defence of his friend, even though he was now dressing and acting like a girl. “He always looks a little shifty when I see him, and he keeps his distance which is a bad sign.” Brad said as he was more thinking out loud than actually talking to Lianna.

     “That could be partly my fault Uncle Brad.” Lianna said looking nervous. “I kind of warned him that if he did anything to upset Lauren, he’d have you to deal with.” Lianna added with a little nervous giggle.

     “That would explain it.” Brad chuckled. “And very true as well, but I doubt that boy would do anything to hurt your sister.”

     “I know that already, but I was just playing the protective sister.” Lianna grinned as she cuddled closer to her Uncle, glad of the talk they had just had.

     “Keep this up, and I’ll be out of a job.” Brad said with some worry in his voice.

     “I’ll always need you to protect me Uncle Brad.” Lianna pouted at her Uncles silly comment.

     “That’s good to know, now let’s go down and let Danielle see that you still love her, before she starts planning her next midnight trip.” Brad said as he got up off the bed and lifted Lianna of the bed and stood her up in front of him.

     “Danielle promised she’d never run away again, so we don’t need to worry about that Uncle Brad.” Lianna pointed out.

     “Yes, and your mother said the same thing, and it didn’t stop her doing it a couple more times when she got the wrong idea about something.” Brad frowned.

    Lianna went to argue, but stopped when she realised that Danielle was a lot like her mother, and she wanted to get down to the kitchen as soon as she could after that, so she was soon pulling Brad out her room and down the hallway. She let out a squeal when she was suddenly being lifted into the air and her Uncle was running down the hallway and the stairs. Due to Brad’s much longer legs, he was able to cover the distance in a much faster time than Lianna could, and no one was going to shout at him for running in the house. Well they could shout at him, but Brad never took any notice. It was always do as I say, not what I do with him.


*****

    Danielle had gotten back to the house and tried to help Carl and Mandy bring in all her things, but she was sent to the kitchen to let Nana Holly know she was home safe and sound. Holly hadn’t been able to go and see Danielle in the hospital, due to all the time she’d spent in the place when her husband Greg was dying of cancer.

     “Hi Nana Holly!” Danielle shouted as she burst into the kitchen and saw her nana sat at the kitchen table looking through a cook book.

     “Danielle! How’s my little girl doing?” Holly asked as she pushed her chair back and held out her arms to give Danielle a hug.

    Danielle was soon being pulled up onto Holly’s knee very gently, so as not to hurt her still sore groin area. “I feel wonderful Nana Holly, but I’m glad to be home where I can enjoy your wonderful cooking.” Danielle said as she let her nana hug her.

     “Was the food that bad sweetie?” Holly asked.

     “It was okay, but nothing like the wonderful meals you create.” Danielle said snuggling into her nana even more.

     “I thought that might be the case, so I baked up a special batch of cookies for you, and I’m working on a special welcome home dinner for you.” Holly said to a now grinning Danielle as she looked around for the cookies.

     “Can I have a cookie now?” Danielle asked with hope in her voice.

     “I think we can spare a couple, but don’t go spoiling your dinner later.” Holly warned as she let Danielle slide off her knee and take a seat at the table while she poured Danielle a glass of milk out and then put a couple of the cookies on a plate and placed them on the table in front of her.

     “Thank you Nana Holly.” Danielle grinned as she picked up one of the cookies and placed it up to her lips and then bit into the still warm cookie and felt the explosion of taste across her tong.

    Danielle had a mouth full of cookie when Carl and Mandy entered the kitchen. “Anyone would think they never fed you in hospital.” Mandy teased as she took the seat next to Danielle and tried to steal the second cookie, but Danielle was faster and was soon hugging it close to her chest in a protective way. This was a throw back to being in the foster system for so long, and if you didn’t act fast, you lost your food.

     “I think you stand a better chance of taking a steak off a hungry lion, than you do of getting that cookie away from her.” Carl chuckled.

    Danielle got to finish her cookies and milk without the risk of losing them again, and she told her nana all about the stay in hospital and then Danielle started helping Holly to work on dinner, but Holly would only let her do small things. Danielle was just happy to be doing anything after being stuck in a hospital room for the past four days with nothing to do but read, watch DVD’s and listen to music. Danielle started grinning when she heard the stampede of feet heading towards the kitchen a little later, she looked at the time and saw it was the others getting back from school, and she would finally be able to spend as much time as she wanted with Lianna, and not have to watch her leave at the end of the night.

    Expecting Lianna to be the first to enter the kitchen, Danielle looked a little crest fallen when it was Jennifer and Jessica that entered the kitchen first, followed by everyone else except for Lianna and Lauren. Danielle got hugs from them all and she looked at the kitchen door excitedly when she saw Lauren enter as she was hoping Lianna would be right behind her, but it was just Lauren.

    Lauren saw the way Danielle looked at her, and she shook her head from side to side and then pointed up at the ceiling to let Danielle know that Lianna was up stairs.

     “What’s wrong?” Daniele asked Lauren when she finally got around to giving her a hug. “Have I upset her again?” Danielle asked with some worry in her voice. She knew how jealous of her Lianna was, and she thought it was the fact she’d now had the surgery to correct the problem that had made Lianna miss the big home coming.

     “No, not this time Danielle.” Lauren said as she gave her a hug. “She had some trouble at school, and it upset her. Uncle Brad went up to speak with her about it.” Lauren explained.

     “What happened? Is she alright, not hurt I mean?” Danielle asked looking worried for another reason now.

     “No, she wasn’t hurt physically, just some name calling, and a misunderstanding.” Lauren explained. “Lianna was eager to get home to see you before that all happened, but we’ll talk more about it later when we have less parental units around.” Lauren added as she looked around at all the adults in the kitchen.

    Danielle slowly started working her way through all the kids so she could get to the door and go make sure Lianna was alright. She was just about to leave the room when she saw Uncle Brad enter the kitchen with Lianna in his arms. He placed a smiling Lianna on the floor again.

     “Hi Danielle.” Lianna said as she threw her arms around Danielle and started kissing her like they were alone in the room. “I’m glad to have you home again.” Lianna added as she felt all the worry and stress from the past hour fade away.

     “Hi Lianna.” Danielle said between kisses. “You okay? Lauren said you were upset when you got home.” Danielle asked looking worried.

     “I’m fine, just a dented pride, and messed up hormones.” Lianna grinned just before she kissed Danielle again. “How are you doing?” Lianna asked as she broke the hug and stepped back to see if Danielle was having any trouble standing and walking.

     “I’m much better now I’m home again, and I won’t have to watch you leave tonight.” Danielle grinned as she threw her arms around Lianna again. “I was hoping we could share a bed tonight?” Danielle asked in a whisper, not wanting to get any comments from the others in the room.

     “Your bed or mine?” Lianna whispered back as an answer.

     “Either’s fine with me, just as long as I can cuddle with you in it.” Danielle sighed as she enjoyed the hug Lianna was having with her. “I wonder how I ever coped before finding you.” Danielle added in a contented sounding voice.

     “Okay then, you’ve all said hello to Danielle, now I want you all to go to your rooms and get your homework done.” Mandy said to them all.

    They all left the kitchen and headed off up to their rooms. Danielle wanted to go with Lianna, but Mandy wouldn’t let her, due to her thinking Danielle would be a distraction.

     “They will soon be done sweetie, then you can spend the rest of the night talking and doing whatever it is you kids do these days.” Holly said when she saw the sad look on Danielle’s face.

    Danielle was soon busy helping Holly with dinner again, and before she knew it Lianna and Lauren were back in the kitchen helping out. Danielle was still having trouble being on her feet for long periods of time, and she was soon waddling like a duck, which earned her an order to take a seat and rest up for a bit.

     “Don’t go overdoing it Danielle; it will just take longer for you to fully recover.” Mandy warned as she led Danielle over to the kitchen table and made her sit down.

     “I just want to feel useful mummy.” Danielle pouted.

    Mandy kissed Danielle on the forehead and then smiled at her. “You are useful sweetie, you make Lianna smile.” Mandy said as Lianna entered the kitchen to collect the plates to place on the dining table.

    Lianna walked over to where Danielle was now seated, and she bent over before planting a kiss on Danielle’s lips, then she giggled before skipping off to carry on laying the table for dinner with a grin on her face.


*****

    Danielle was almost hugged to death a little later when Chrissy and Amy got home from work with Becky. Becky had covered for Mandy, so she could go with Carl to collect Danielle from the hospital.

     “I’m so glad those mean doctors finally let you out for good behaviour.” Chrissy pouted as she pulled a giggling Danielle into a hug.

     “You make it sound like prison Aunty Chrissy.” Danielle giggled as she hugged Chrissy back.

     “Do you want to go back there?” Chrissy asked.

     “NO!” Danielle said as she gripping onto Chrissy even tighter.

     “I rest my case then.” Chrissy replied smugly.

     “Hey! Save something for me to hug.” Amy whined as she tried to pull Danielle free of the hug Chrissy had Danielle locked in.

    Danielle was soon being hugged by Amy, and then Becky finally got a look in when she managed to prise her away from Amy. The others were soon home and they all gave Danielle a hug and said they were glad to see her back home again, and they all sat down to enjoy a wonderful dinner. Danielle was in heaven as she savoured each mouthful, and also enjoyed the family she had sat around the table with her. Being in the hospital had reminded Danielle of just how lonely her life had been before she met them all, and she never wanted to feel like that again.

    Once dinner was out the way, Danielle managed to talk her mother into letting her help do the dishes with the others, and she was given the task of washing them, so she was able to stand in the one spot and not do too much walking around.

    The dishes were soon done and they all wandered off to do their own thing, which happened to be in the games room where the new dance game had been set up while Danielle was in the hospital. She was still recovering, so she couldn’t play on it, but she was having a giggle watching the others dance around on it.

    Danielle kept looking over at Richard and then looking way whenever they made eye contact. Danielle was worried Richard was still mad at her for getting him in trouble at the start of the week. Richard hadn’t come to see her at the hospital again since the Monday evening after he got carried through a supermarket by Brad. Danielle had just stopped having a giggling fit from watching Lianna and Lauren having a dance off, which Lauren won hands down, when she saw Richard walking over to her. Danielle tried to make herself as small as she could, thinking that Richard was going to have a go at her while the others all played around over near the dance machine.

     “What’s wrong Danielle? You’ve been avoiding me since just after dinner.” Richard asked with some worry in his voice as he saw how Danielle was cowering away from him even now. “Have I done something to upset you?” He asked.

     “No, I thought it was the other way around, and I’d upset you by getting you in trouble on Monday.” Danielle whispered as she was too scared to make eye contact with him.

     “Monday?” Richard asked looking puzzled as he tried to work out what might have happened at the hospital to make her think that. “What happened on Monday to make you think that?” He finally asked when he couldn’t think of anything she might have done to upset him.

     “I got you in trouble with Uncle Brad, and you looked angry with me when you came to the hospital, and then I didn’t see you for the rest of the week.” Danielle said meekly still not making eye contact.

    All the time Danielle had spent being moved from foster home to foster home had left her feeling like everything that went wrong was her fault, due to all the kids blaming her for everything because she was always the new kid.

     “I was upset with everyone on Monday.” Richard chuckled. “Tuesday it was just Lianna that came to see you, and yesterday I had some art homework to get done, which took up most of the evening.” Richard groaned with a roll of his eyes. “I’m sorry if I made you feel that way sis.” Richard said as he shocked Danielle by giving her a hug. “Friends?” He asked once they broke the hug.

     “No, family.” Danielle said with pride.

     “Family.” Richard grinned back as he realised what that meant to Danielle. He couldn’t get his head around how it must have felt for Danielle all these years feeling so alone, as much as he argued and had his falling outs with the others, he couldn’t think of his life without them.

     “Did Uncle Brad really carry you through the shop?” Danielle asked when she saw that Richard wasn’t in any rush to get up and walk away from her as they both laughed at his sister Nicole and Jessica having a dance off.

     “Yep.” Richard chuckled as he thought about it. “I must have looked like a stuffed animal he’d won at the fair, as he carried me around the shop tucked under his arm.” Richard added as he looked to be trying to picture what it must have looked like for anyone watching.

     “I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t laugh.” Danielle said as she giggled some more as she also had a picture of Brad carrying Richard around under his arm.

     “Don’t worry about it.” Richard waved off Danielle apology. “I could have stopped him anytime I wanted, kicked the old man’s butt.” Richard added, trying to look tough.

     “Only if you had a step ladder.” Danielle giggled as she thought about Richard trying to kick Brad’s backside.

     “That’s a good one.” Richard laughed. “How are you feeling now, I mean now you feel whole.” Richard asked once they stopped laughing and giggling. “Must have been a real mind freak having your body behaving all weird on you like it was.” Richard added as he shook his head, not able to even begin to work out how it would make him feel to go through what Danielle had.

     “I still feel sore, but also I feel wonderful now I look like a girl from top to toe.” Danielle grinned.

     “I’m glad you’re part of the family Danielle.” Richard smiled. “I know Lianna has fallen head over heels in love with you.” He added with a grin.

     “I know this may sound weird, but I’m head of heels in love with her too.” Danielle blushed.

     “In any other family, that could sound weird, but in our family, it’s kind of normal, and just proves that you are part of it.” Richard chuckled.

     “I hope you don’t mind me asking this Rich, but have you ever thought about wearing girl’s clothes?” Danielle asked nervously.

     “No I haven’t, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been dressed as a girl more than once.” Richard frowned. “But not for some time now, I learned my lesson.” He added with a chuckle as he thought back to some time in his past when he’d been forced to dress as a girl.

     “Can I ask what happened to get you into a dress, if you never wanted to dress as a girl in the first place?” Daniele asked, eager to hear his story.

     “Yes you can ask sis.” Rich smirked. “But it doesn’t mean I’ll tell you.” He added.

     “Please tell me.” Danielle pouted. “I’m sure one of the others would be happy to tell me the tale of how you became just another sister in this crazy family.” Danielle pushed.

     “I may as well tell you my tale then.” Richard sighed. “I’d been asked to tidy my room up a number of times by mother, and I’d kept ignoring her and playing video games. She came into my room and tried to use the fact that Nicole could teach me a thing or two about keeping my room tidy, and shot back that Nicole was a girl, and girls were better at things like that than boys.”

     “Richard! That’s such a sexist thing to say.” Danielle said looking shocked as she slapped him on the arm.

     “I realised that about two seconds after the words left my lips, and I was being dragged down to the family room for sentencing.” Richard explained. “Mother told the others what I said, and it was decided that I should be dressed in girl’s clothes until my room was cleaned.” Richard shuddered at the memory.

     “Did you clean your room?” Danielle asked as she slapped a hand over her mouth to stop herself from giggling.

     “Yes, and I’ve kept it clean ever since, but it still didn’t stop mother from keeping me in the dress for the rest of the day, but none of the others laughed at me about it, and Craig dressed up as Diamond, so it was just a bunch of girls playing around and having fun. That turned out to be a punishment in itself by the time Lianna and Lauren had finished making up my face and painting my nails.” Richard frowned.

     “I’m sorry for laughing Rich, but I would have loved to have seen that.” Danielle said as she wrapped her arms around Richard and hugged him to show she still liked him, even after his story.

     “You can see it, well most of it.” Richard shrugged. “They got video and photos of it all. Blackmail in case I ever speak out of turn again.” Richard added with a roll of his eyes.

     “Do you still feel the same way about cleaning being women’s work?” Danielle asked.

     “No, and I don’t think I ever did really, I was just repeating what some of the other boys from school had said.” Richard said with a sigh. “I’ll be glad when I start the new school after the holidays, I’m sick of putting up with the teasing in my old school.”

     “What do you get teased about?” Danielle asked looking worried.

     “I get teased because I don’t mind hanging with Nicole and her friends, and I also help Nicole hand out fashion ideas. The boys all think I’m weird, but I’m good at sports, so they put up with me most the time because I’m one of the best players on the soccer team.” Richard added with pride.

     “How do you feel about female clothing then? Would you do it again for fun?” Danielle asked.

     “It didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would, being dressed as a girl, but I can’t say it made me feel like doing it again.” Richard shrugged. “They were just very different clothes to wear.” He added like it was no big deal.

     “So you’re not like your father then or Craig when he becomes Diamond?” Danielle asked.

     “No, I’m happy just being me, but I would dress up again for fun, say to go to a fancy dress party, or on Halloween.” Richard grinned.

     “I’ve never been to a party, or done anything for Halloween; well I did go trick or treating one year and got some sweets to eat all on my own.” Danielle added the last part looking excited about the memory.

     “Aunty Chrissy and Aunty Amy always throw a big party for Halloween, and we get lots of sweets and other gifts and games to play.” Richard pointed out. “I will warn you that we do share all our sweets though.” Richard warned when he misunderstood what Danielle was saying about not sharing the sweets she got the other year on Halloween.

     “I don’t have a problem with sharing my sweets with others Rich, but I do hate it when I get beaten up and have them taken from me, so I don’t get any.” Danielle said with a shudder of fear as she thought about all the times she got beaten up and had her food and even clothes taken from her in the past.

     “That would never happen with any of us Danielle, and you’ve already seen how we stick up for each other while we’re out.” Richard grinned as he thought about the looks on the girls faces from the clothes shop on Sunday when they tried to pick on Danielle.

     “That was funny to see.” Danielle giggled as she remembered the four girls all running away the minute Brad turned up. “If you know how angry Uncle Brad can get, why did you disobey him on Monday?” Danielle asked looking puzzled.

     “I’d been teased at school on the Monday by a couple of kids that found out about my dad working with my mum at the hotel while being dressed as a woman, and they called him some nasty names, so I got into a fight over it.” Richard said in a lowered voice, as he didn’t want everyone to know about it.

     “Did you get hurt?” Danielle asked looking worried.

     “No.” Richard chuckled like Danielle had said something funny. “Uncle Carl and Uncle Vic made sure we can all defend ourselves, but Uncle Carl doesn’t like us using it unless all other means of a settlement have been exhausted first.” Richard said it like he was quoting his Uncle Carl directly.

     “And did you exhaust all other means of coming to a settlement?” Danielle asked, using the same tone as Richard just had.

     “Yes, I felt that talking any further with them after they called my father a faggot was a waste of time, so I let them see that I wasn’t the wimp they thought me to be, and the fact I didn’t like to fight didn’t mean I couldn’t if needed.” Richard said with a little too much pride in his voice to sound like he was sorry about fighting.

     “Did your mum and dad find out about you fighting?”

     “Yes, but they let me off with a warning when I explained what they had said, and how I was just defending my family’s honour. I think they were proud of me, but couldn’t say as much because of me getting caught doing it, but they did lift the playstation ban that same night.” Richard grinned.

     “I’m glad to have you as a brother Richard, and I’m really glad that you’re not upset with me.” Danielle said as she hugged him again.

     “Just remember to come and ask me or one of the others if you ever feel like we might be upset or angry with you Danielle. We’ve been taught to talk about our problems in this family, well most the time.” Richard added when he thought about the trouble between Danielle and Lianna last week.

    Richard was soon getting up and going to take his turn on a fighting game with Craig, and Lianna sat down next to Danielle and they cuddled as they laughed at Jennifer and Lauren having a dance off with each other.

    Lianna led Danielle up to her bedroom so they could both get ready for bed when Lianna saw that Danielle was falling asleep. They both got into Lianna’s bed once they had brushed their teeth and had a wash and got into their night clothes, and were soon fast asleep in each other’s arms.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 27

Love hearing from Richard, and to me, Simon's reaction to Lianna's hug is that he is worried that her twin sister Lauren might get jealous.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks Sara

tmf's picture

Thanks Sara, for a wonderful way to start the ween-end.
A nice chapter as always, good to see a bit of the other kids story.

Peace and Love
tmf

Glad to see

Richard and Danielle talking. I don't know that I buy Richard's reason for his behaviour; we'll see.

S.

Richard

I agree with Stan, and T.M.F. Susan has a good point, but we really don't know much about most of the kids as the story so far has dealt largely with Danielle, Andrew/Lianna and Lauren.

One thing for sure, though, the love and support the family has always had for one another is continuing with the Kids Story.

This has been a fantastic tale right from the git-go.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Richard's moment in the household social structure

Interesting blend of trans and non-trans children. Now we have to get to know some of the others.

It will be interesting to see what they are like.

Kim

I so love this family!

There is so much love here that the kids grow up knowing what love REALLY is!

Wren