You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 16

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 16

    Lianna woke up and looked at the clock to see that it was nearly time to get up and get ready for school, so she threw back the covers and then slid out. She went to the bathroom and started the shower before she slipped out of her nightdress and then used the toilet before jumping in the shower. Lianna didn’t feel as upset this morning, but she still wasn’t in the mood to talk with any of the others, so she showered and then got ready for school before going down to get some breakfast.

     “Good morning sweetie.” Chrissy said with a smile when she saw Lianna enter the dining room and walk over to the breakfast bar to fill herself a plate up with bacon and eggs.

    Lianna just stuck her nose in the air as she ignored her mother and walked over to the dining table and sat down with her plate.

    Chrissy let out a sigh and then filled up a glass with orange juice before taking it over and putting it down in front of Lianna.

     “Thank you mother.” Lianna said without looking up from her plate.

     “You’re welcome sweetie.” Chrissy said. Even though Lianna was upset with her parents, she still knew better than to forget her manners.

    The dining room soon filled up with all the other kids as they all got their breakfast. Lauren turned up and tried to talk with Lianna, but Lianna wasn’t interested and just finished eating her breakfast before leaving the table and returning to her room to brush her teeth and finish getting ready for school.

     “Does she have to go to school with us today?” Lauren asked as she looked at her parents across the other side of the table.

     “I’m afraid so sweetie.” Becky sighed. “I’m sure she’ll be okay once she’s away from here.” Becky added looking hopeful.

    Lauren didn’t look as hopeful of it as her mom did. “I think you could be asking for a lot there mom.”

     “I have faith in you my dear.” Becky grinned at Lauren. “If anyone can snap your sister out of her mood, you can.” Becky added.

     “I know I’m good mom, but I’m not that good.” Lauren giggled. “I’ll see what I can do though.”

     “I’m just glad Danielle didn’t come down while Lianna was here with her in this foul mood.” Chrissy said looking a little upset that Lianna was still in a bad mood with them all for lying to her.


*****

    Danielle had woken early, but decided to leave going down for breakfast until after the others had all left for school. She was sat in her bedroom window which happened to overlook the front of the house where the minibus was parked, so she was able to see all the others leave for school. Danielle watched as a very unhappy Lianna left the house and got on the minibus without looking at or speaking to any of the others.

    She sat and watched her Uncle Brad drive away with the other kids, and then Danielle decided it was safe for her to go down for some breakfast now, but before she could get to her bedroom door there was a knock on it just before her mother poked her head in.

     “Morning sweetheart. How are you feeling today?” Mandy asked as she stepped into the room and wrapped her arms around Danielle as she gave her a good morning hug and a kiss on the forehead.

     “Okay I guess, but I just saw the others leave for school, and I noticed that Lianna still looks pretty mad with me.” Danielle said sounding a little gloomy.

     “Sadly she is still in a bad mood, but it’s not just you that’s caused it sweetie.” Mandy said as she bent down to bring herself to Danielle’s eye line. “She’s upset with her parents for lying to her about the injections they had your nana Prue give her on Sunday.” Mandy explained.

     “I still feel like the main reason she’s so upset with everyone is me though.” Danielle mumbles as she let her head drop. “Do you think Lianna will ever forgive me and speak to me again mummy?” Danielle asked as she looking up at Mandy with tears in her eyes.

     “Of cause she will honey.” Mandy said as she pulled Danielle into another hug with her. “She’s just dealing with a lot of her own problems at the minute, and she sees you as an easy way to let it out.” Mandy added.

     “Will I still be able to have some breakfast if I go down to the kitchen mummy?” Danielle asked once she finally stopped crying.

     “Yes! Why would you ask such a silly question?” Mandy asked with a chuckle.

     “At most the foster homes I stayed, they only let you have breakfast between certain times, so I wasn’t sure I’d still be able to have any.” Danielle explained.

     “What kind of places did they have you living in?” Mandy said as she hugged Danielle once again to hide the tears forming in her own eyes now. “You can go to the kitchen and get something to eat anytime you want sweetie, but I must warn you that your nana Holly will probably sort it out most the time.” Mandy added with a giggle.

     “I don’t mind that mummy. I love nana Holly’s cooking.” Danielle giggled back.

     “I better let you get down to the kitchen then, so she can feed you. I need to get ready for work now.” Mandy pouted. “We can’t all be ladies of leisure like you.” Mandy added just before she kissed Danielle on the forehead again and then led her from the bedroom and pointed her towards the stairs and some breakfast.

    Danielle ran off down the hallway, but stopped running when she heard her mother shout at her not to run in the house.

     “Good morning Danielle.” Becky said when she saw the girl walk into the dining room still in her dressing gown and night clothes.

     “Morning Aunty Becky.” Danielle smiled, but Becky could see that Danielle wasn’t really very happy. “Sorry for being late coming down for breakfast, but I thought it best to stay out the way until Lianna and the others left for school.” Danielle explained her reason for coming down when she did.

     “I know this won’t make you feel any better, but Lianna isn’t talking to anyone at the minute.” Becky pointed out. “She’ll get over it in a couple of days though.” She added as she wrapped an arm around Danielle and led her into the kitchen so they could get her some breakfast sorted out.

     “I don’t want to be any trouble, so I’ll just have a bowl of cereal.” Danielle said as she entered the kitchen where Holly was just making a start on cleaning up the kitchen.

     “Your other nana said we need to get some meat back on them skinny bones of yours, so you’ll be having a little more than a bowl of cereal for your breakfast.” Holly said as she made her way over to the fridge and got the stuff out to make Danielle some French toast. “I trust you do like French toast dear?” Holly asked as she started breaking eggs into a bowl.

     “Do they make it differently to how we make it over here?” Danielle asked, not knowing what French toast was.

     “Are you telling me you’ve never had French toast before?” Holly asked with a shocked look. “I can tell that you will love my French toast sweetie.” Holly said with a grin.

    Danielle was soon sat with a large plate of French toast in front of her, and she had to admit it did look yummy. It still didn’t prepare her for the taste explosion that happened in her mouth when she tasted it though.

     “This is really good nana Holly.” Danielle grinned between mouthfuls. “I have had something like this before, but the foster parents called it gypsy toast, not French toast.” Danielle said just before putting some more in her mouth. “Yours tastes much better though.” She pointed out.

     “I’m glad to hear it.” Holly smiled as she put a large glass of milk down on the kitchen table in front of Danielle. “Make sure you drink all that up as well. You need the protein.” Holly said just before she got back to cleaning up the kitchen with Becky’s help.

    Danielle finished her breakfast and drank all the milk, and then she took her dirty dishes over to the sink and set to work helping her nana Holly and Aunty Becky to get the kitchen cleaned up.

    Mandy, Chrissy and Amy all came back down to the kitchen once they were ready for work, and they all gave Danielle a hug before they left. Danielle smiled as she saw the way her Aunty Chrissy and Aunty Becky truly loved each other. She found herself thinking what it would be like to have the same thing with Lianna, but then the dark thought of Lianna never speaking to her again clouded that pleasant thought.

    Danielle went with Becky to the front door, so they could wave her mum and her Aunties off to work before they made their way back to the kitchen so they could finish helping Holly clean the kitchen up.

     “Got anything planned for today then Danielle?” Becky asked as they walked back to the kitchen.

     “No, not really.” Danielle shook her head. “Maybe something a little less stressful than yesterday.” She giggled as she thought about all the tests they did to her the day before, so they could find out what was going on with her body.

     “You can come with me to see your grandma Mable then.” Becky grinned.

     “I have a grammar now as well as two nanas?” Danielle asked with a grin. “How big is this family Aunty Becky?” Danielle asked.

     “Your family is too big to even think about sweetie, but just know that we all love you.” Becky giggled as she wrapped an arm around Danielle and led her back into the kitchen so they could finish helping Holly tidy up so they could go and see Mable.


*****

    Lianna had sat on the minibus ignoring everyone, and then she’d just wandered off on her own once they got to school. Lauren wasn’t very happy with the way Lianna had suddenly alienated Danielle over the fact that she’d not so much as lied to them, but just didn’t come clean about her troubled medical problem. Even though Lianna thought she was walking around the school alone, she was actually being followed and kept an eye on by Lauren and the others as they followed behind at a safe distance. It was soon time to get to first class and Lianna was soon joined by Lauren as she was in all the same classes now.

     “Are you going to give me the silent treatment all day sis?” Lauren asked as she bumped Lianna with her shoulder while they walked to class.

    Lianna answered her sisters question by just looking at her for a couple of seconds before she went back to looking where she was going again, but not saying a single word to her.

     “I’ll take that as a yes then shall I?” Lauren said in a sarcastic tone. “Well it’s a good job I can talk enough for the two of us then isn’t it?” Lauren added with a grin.

    Lianna so wanted to respond to that, but she knew that was the reason Lauren had said it in the first place, but she wasn’t going to bite this time, so Lianna just took a couple of calming breaths and kept walking towards their first class of the day.

    Lauren was true to her word and did talk enough for the two of them. Lianna was glad to see the teacher arrive in the classroom for their first lesson, just so Lauren would finally have to take a break. Lauren soon picked up where she’d left off though as the class ended and then had to make their way to the next class. Lianna had had enough by the time morning break came around.

     “Okay! Okay! I’ll speak to you if you just stop going on.” Lianna finally said in a pleading voice.

     “Hi sis!” Lauren smiled a smug smile. “You ready to tell me why you’re giving Danielle such a hard time over her keeping secrets from us?” Lauren asked as she led Lianna out away from all the other students.

     “Hello sister dear.” Lianna frowned as they walked out to a tree that they had all sat on the other day when Danielle was with them. “I really don’t feel like talking about it sis.” Lianna said as they sat down.

     “I think it would do you good to talk to someone about it.” Lauren pushed. “Don’t you think Danielle has spent enough time with people hating her?” Lauren asked.

     “I don’t hate her sis!” Lianna said as she looked at her sister with shock. “I’m just a little upset and angry with her at the minute for keeping this from us.” Lianna tried to explain how she felt.

     “Do you feel hurt that she didn’t tell you about her secret sooner?” Lauren asked as she thought she knew the real reason for why Lianna was acting the way she was.

     “Yes.” Lianna said as she let her head drop as a tear dripped down onto her skirt. “I thought we had something special, but now I just feel like we got used.” Lianna added with a snuffle as she wiped away a couple more tears that were running down her cheek.

     “How do you think she used you, or any of us for that matter?” Lauren asked confused as to how her sister could make such a leap. “Do you think she got them girls to pick on her in that shop the other Saturday, just so you’d jump in and rescue her?” Lauren said like Danielle was some criminal mastermind.

     “No, I guess not.” Lianna giggled at just how silly it sounded now Lauren had said it out loud. “These hormones have got me all turned around at the minute, so I don’t know what to think, or how to act around her sis.” Lianna finally owned up.

     “Love can make us do and feel strange things, sister dear.” Lauren said as she wrapped an arm around Lianna and pulled her closer for a hug.

     “Who said anything about love?” Lianna shot back when she realised what Lauren had just said. “I just feel let down as I thought Danielle and I were becoming good friends.” Lianna said looking flustered at her sister’s comment.

     “This is me you’re talking to sis.” Lauren giggled. “It’s one thing to not like it when other people lie to you, but what do you do when you’re lying to yourself?” Lauren asked looking all serious again.

     “I do like her sis. I like her a lot, but since mother told me about the hormones I was injected with, I’ve been worried that what I’m feeling is just a side eject from them.” Lianna said with a sigh. “Then I’m not sure if Danielle feels the same way about me.” She added with another sigh.

     “I think the hormones are turning you into a dumb blond sis.” Lauren said with a frown as she gave Lianna a push. “That girl risked everything to come and find you and find out why you ran away the other Saturday. Trust me when I say she wants more than just friendship sis.” Lauren pointed out.

     “She came looking for you as well sis.” Lianna pointed out the possible flaw in her sister’s explanation.

     “No, she asked our mother if you were in when she knocked on the door last Saturday, not if we were both home.” A smug looking Lauren pointed out.

     “She just wasn’t use to anyone being nice to her sis.” Lianna shrugged off any thoughts of her and Danielle being anything other than sisters now. “Maybe she realised what I was and was hoping to just find some answers to what was happening to her.” Lianna added as another excuse for Danielle tracking down where they lived.

     “I think you need to sit down and have a chat with Danielle and find out the truth for yourself sis, but I’d be prepared to eat some humble pie when you get your answers.” Lauren warned.

     “If you’re right about all this and Danielle does love me, I’ll do your homework for a week.” Lianna said looking cocky that her sister was way off.

     “I’d rather do my own homework and get it right.” Lauren giggled as she bumped Lianna again.

     “Hey! You trying to say you’re smarter than me sis?” Lianna giggled as she bumped Lauren back.

     “I must be sis. I made you laugh again, and in less than a day.” Lauren said with pride in her achievement. “It’s good to have you back sister.” Lauren added with a grin as she threw her arms around Lianna and hugged her.

    They were soon joined by Jennifer, Jessica and Peter once they saw that Lauren had got Lianna laughing and playing around again. Lianna got hugs from all three of them and they sat enjoying the rest of the break before they had to head back into the school for the rest of the morning classes.


*****

    Becky was stood in the large hallway waiting for Danielle to join her so they could take a walk over to see Mable.

     “Do I look okay Aunty Becky?” A nervous looking Danielle asked as she came down the stairs in a blue dress with little white hearts all over it and white sandals over a pair of white pantyhose. Danielle had also found a cute little summer jacket to wear over the top of it. “I’m still trying to get use to all this dressing as a girl.” She added as she got to the bottom of the stairs and did a quick spin to let Becky get a good look at her.

     “You look as pretty as a picture Danielle.” Becky smiled as she played around with her hair for her. “Now come on or we’ll never get to see your Grandma at this rate.” Becky giggled as she led Danielle over to the front door and then out of it.

    Danielle looked a little puzzled when her Aunty Becky didn’t walk over to her car, but started walking down the drive and out onto the pavement. “How far is it to Grandma Mable’s?”

     “It’s not too far, and with it being such a nice day, I thought the walk would be nice.” Becky smiled down at Danielle as she walked beside her. “I also thought it would give us some time to chat.” Becky added.

     “Chat about what Aunty Becky?” Danielle asked looking worried. She’d had chats with foster workers in the past, and it always ended up with Danielle being moved out of the home and into a new one.

     “Don’t look so worried all the time honey.” Becky giggled as she held out her hand for Danielle to hold. “I just want to get to know you a little better.” Becky added with a grin.

     “Okay, but there’s not much to know really.” Danielle pointed out.

     “Do you know that I grew up in foster care as well?” Becky asked.

     “Yes, mother told me that you, Uncle Brad and Aunty Jayden all drew up in the foster system.” Danielle said. “Did any of you stop in as many homes as I have?” Danielle asked.

     “No we didn’t sweetie, but neither should you.” Becky frowned. “It makes me so angry to think that no one bothered to try and fix the problem.” Becky added with a growl.

     “I stopped trying to ask for help after being locked in a cupboard for the third time, but that wasn’t as bad as the beating I got at one of the homes they put me in.” Danielle said with fear in her voice as she thought about the old woman that took her across her knee and beat her bottom with a leather belt after Daniel had complained about his chest hurting.

     “They actually hit you while you stopped at one of the foster homes?” Becky asked as she stopped walking and turned to look Danielle in the eyes.

     “Yes.” Danielle said looking worried as she nodded her head up and down. “It was just after I started to realise that I wasn’t growing up like the other boys in the school I was going to, but I was beginning to see small breasts forming, so I went to the foster parents and tried to tell them about it.” Danielle said as she looked scared at the memory.

     “What happened Danielle?” Becky asked looking just as scared for Danielle as Danielle now looked.

     “The foster mother started shouting quotes from the bible and she took me across her knee and then started hitting my bottom with a large leather belt.” Danielle snuffled as she was now crying as she thought about the painful memory.

     “You poor baby.” Becky said as tears escaped her eyes as she fell to her knees and pulled Danielle into a hug with her. “Nothing like that will ever happen again, nothing.” Becky said with determination in her voice.

    Becky pulled herself together and then did a quick fix of her makeup and then she sorted Danielle out and added a little makeup to her face. Then they were walking towards Male’s again.

     “Did you ever get adopted Aunty Becky?” Danielle asked, hoping for some happy talk to do with foster care, if you could ever call it a happy time.

     “No I never got adopted, but I did end up with a nice foster couple though.” Becky smiled at the memory of her old foster parents. “They left the country, so I ended up living on the street for a short time. I fell in with a bad crown, but Mable found me and helped me get myself turned around again.” Becky grinned.

     “How did you meet Aunty Chrissy?” Danielle asked. “You two look like you’re still very much in love.” Danielle added as she thought about the way she saw them kissing the other night when Aunty Becky was going to work.

     “I think I’ll let your Aunty Chrissy tell you that story sweetie.” Becky said with a grin.

     “How did you know that Aunty Chrissy was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?” Danielle asked sounding nervous. She was hoping to find out if the way she felt about Lianna was the same way her Aunty Becky had felt about Aunty Chrissy.

     “That’s a tricky one to answer simply Danielle.” Becky said as she tried to remember how she felt before Chrissy came into her life. “I think you just find it hard to think of a time you weren’t together.” Becky shrugged. “It’s like your whole life has suddenly shifted so it now revolves around that person.” Becky sighed as she thought about Chrissy and how much she still loved her, even after all these years of being together.

    They had kept walking as they spoke and they got to Mable’s before Becky could ask Danielle why she wanted to know, but she had a pretty good idea that it had to do with her feelings for Lianna. Becky looked at Danielle from a parent’s point of view, and she couldn’t think of a reason she wouldn’t like to have her as a daughter-in-law. Becky could already see from the way Lianna was reacting to being lied to by Danielle that she had a thing for her as well.

     “Here we are!” Becky said as they reached the long drive that led to Mable’s home. Becky smiled as she remembered all the years she lived here until she met a young man called Chris, that later became the woman she now loved with all her heart.

    Danielle suddenly felt very nervous about meeting this new member of her ever growing family as she looked up the driveway to the large house. “Are you sure she’ll like me Aunty Becky?”

     “Yes she will, and you’ll fall in love with her as well.” Becky said as she held out her hand and took hold of Danielle’s before leading her up the drive to the house where she rang the bell and waited for Mable to answer it.

    Danielle was almost stood behind Becky by the time the front door opened and Mable stood there smiling at them both.

     “Hello Becky and this skinny little thing must be Danielle.” Mable said as she looked around Becky at the young girl hiding. “Hello dear.” Mable smiled.

     “Hello ma’am. It’s nice to meet you.” Danielle squeaked out.

     “My hearing isn’t what it used to be dear, so I hope that was Gran I heard you just say.” Mable asked with a grin while turning her head and cupping a hand behind her ear.

     “Hello Gran!” Danielle shouted looking a little more relaxed as she stepped around Becky so Mable could get a better look at her.

     “I’m not deaf child, so there’s no need to shout.” Mable giggled as she held her arms open so she could give Danielle a hug to welcome her to the family.

     “Sorry Gran.” Danielle said as she stepped forward into the waiting arms of Mable to claim her hug. Danielle was almost purring as she stood in the doorway having her hug. She just loved the way this new family liked to hug all the time. To a child starved of any kind of touch and love, this felt like heaven.

     “It’s nice to finally meet my latest granddaughter.” Mable said with a frown as she looked at Becky. “I’ve been getting all these reports from everyone about this skinny little stray that Lianna and Lauren found while out shopping, but no one bothered to bring her over to see me, did they?” Mable added as she grumbled at Becky.

     “We’re here now Mable.” Becky pointed out, hoping it would score her some brownie points.

     “Better late than never I suppose.” Mable said as she broke the hug and then led the two of them into the house and then the dining room before they ended up in the kitchen so Mable could make a pot of tea and pour Danielle a glass of juice out.

     “May I ask who’s been telling you all these stories about Danielle Mable?” Becky asked as she helped Mable sort out the pot of tea once they had Danielle seated at the table with a glass of orange juice.

     “Vic and Jenna called in to see me on Sunday evening, and Vic was telling me about Carl and Mandy adopting the poor child after what had been going on at the foster home she’d been placed in.” Mable said looking angry at what she’d been told by Vic. “Then Jane and her boyfriend came round for dinner on Monday night and she was telling me about Danielle, and how she’d felt like weeping when she found out Danielle had never had a real birthday.” Mable added as she made a funny noise in her throat as she quickly wiped away a tear.

     “The poor thing has had a rough time of it, but she’s being well looked after now though.” Becky said it more like a promise than a fact.

     “Kim came home last night and told me some of what happened yesterday.” Mable said as she looked at Danielle. “I hope you didn’t mind your Aunty Kim telling me about your medical problem sweetie?” Mable asked as she stepped over to the table and sat in the seat next to Danielle.

     “No, not at all Gran.” Danielle smiled. “We’re all family after all.” Danielle added with a grin this time.

     “That we are dear, that we are.” Mable smiled as she gave Danielle another hug. “Do you like apple pie Danielle?” Mable asked when they broke the hug.

     “Yes Gran, I love apple pie.” Danielle said looking all excited at the fact she could be getting a piece.

     “Would you like a piece with some ice cream?” Mable asked, but already knew the answer by the look on Danielle’s face.

     “Yes please Gran!”

    Mable went to get up from the table, but was stopped by Becky. “You sit and get to know your new granddaughter while I sort out the pie and ice cream.”

    Danielle was soon sat digging into a large piece of apple pie and ice cream while Becky and Mable sat drinking a cup of tea. Danielle loved the apple pie and cleared the dish of every last bit before thanking her Gran for letting her have it.

     “Thank you for the pie Gran; it’s the best I’ve ever tasted.” Danielle said as she did one final check to make sure she got it all out the dish.

    “You may have to fight with your father over it, because he likes my apple pie as well.” Mable chuckled. “I better give you one to take back with you thinking about it. If he finds out I gave you some and forget about him, I’ll never hear the last of it.” Mable chuckled some more.

    Becky and Danielle stopped for a couple of hours while Mable found out all she could about Danielle’s sad little life so far. Mable ended up with Danielle sat on her knee so she could rock the sobbing girl in her arms as she told some parts of her past, and how she’d never had anyone on her side since the death of her other Gran, and she was put in the foster care system.

    Danielle got another shock when she was about to leave with Becky. Mable had left the room and returned with something in her hand, she lifted Danielle’s hand and placed the item in it. When Danielle looked down she saw a rolled up bunch of paper money. Danielle counted well over a hundred pounds. “I can’t take this from you Gran.” Danielle said as she tried to hand the money back to Mable.

     “I’m not giving you any choice in it Child.” Mable said as she closed Danielle’s hand around the money and then pushed Danielle’s hand and arm back towards her body. “I’ve missed out on too many of your past birthdays dear, and this is my little way of making up for some of it.” Mable added.

     “But I have nothing to spend it on Gran. Aunty Jane and all the nice ladies at the salon on Sunday gave me money as well, and I’ve not spent any of that yet either.” Danielle pointed out as she thought about all the money sat in the jewellery box her Aunty Chrissy had given her. “Aunty Becky and Aunty Chrissy brought me everything I could ever need as well.” Danielle tried to explain.

     “I’m sure you’ll find something you want sooner or later, and this way you can buy it when you do.” Mable pointed out as she kept Danielle’s hand closed around her new wealth.

     “Thank you Gran! Thank you for accepting me and for the pie and the birthday present.” Danielle said as she threw her arms around Mable and hugged her for all she was worth.

     “You’re most welcome my dear.” Mable chuckled as she hugged Danielle back. “I expect to see lots of you as well, just like I do all my grand children. Speaking of which, I still need to have words with Lianna and Lauren about doing things behind their parent’s backs.” Mable pointed out.

     “Please don’t have a go and them Gran. If they hadn’t gone out like they did, I never would have met them and be here now.” Danielle pleaded in Lianna and Lauren’s defence. “I’ll even return my birthday money if you don’t punish them anymore than they already have.” Danielle added as she looked up at her Gran.

    Mable looked down at the pleading look on Daniele’s face for a couple of seconds before she finally spoke. “Okay then, but I won’t take your birthday money off you. I’ll do it because even though Lianna is upset with you right now, you still want to protect her, just like family should.” Mable bent forward and kissed Danielle on the forehead as she said it.

     “Thank you Gran.” Danielle said as she hugged Mable again.

     “Becky? I want you to make sure that the twins know the only reason they’re not going to be facing my wrath is because of this girl.” Mable pointed out to Becky as she stood with her arms still wrapped around Danielle.

     “You have my word on it Mable.” Becky said as she put a hand to her heart. “Come on then now Danielle; let’s leave your Gran in peace.” Becky added as she held out her hand so Danielle could take hold of it.

    Danielle smiled at her Gran, and then she waved as they walked down the driveway and finally out of sight. Danielle was much happier now and a little sad that she had to leave her new Gran’s home.

     “I told you that you’d fall in love with your Gran didn’t I?” Becky giggled as they walked back to their house with Becky holding Danielle’s hand in one of hers and a cake box tied up with string in the other with the apple pie inside.

     “I feel so foolish now Aunty Becky, for ever being scared in the first place.” Danielle pouted. “I was actually sad we had to leave in the end.” Danielle added with another pout.

     “You’ll have plenty more chances to go and visit with your Gran. Lianna and Lauren go all the time, when they're not grounded that is.” Becky frowned. “That was nice of you to plead their case by the way. Your Gran would have really chewed their ear off for what they did if you hadn’t.” Becky added looking a little happier.

     “I’m hoping it might help Lianna not hate me as much.” Danielle said with a sad look on her face as she looked up at her Aunty Becky.

     “Lianna will soon get over the shock of what happened sweetie, and then you’ll be wishing she still wasn’t talking to you.” Becky giggled.

     “I really hope your right Aunty Becky.” Danielle said looking hopeful that would be the case, not that Danielle would ever wish for Lianna to shut up.

     “Trust me I’m a parent, we’re trained to know these things.” Becky said with a silly grin on her face.

    You don’t fill me with confidence Aunty Becky.” Danielle giggled when she saw the silly grin her aunty had on her face.

     “I do know that Lianna can’t stay mad with anyone for long, it’s just not in her nature.” Becky explained. “All those female hormones are just getting her all turned about at the minute.” Becky added as she thought about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and their mood swings in the beginning. Becky wanted to tell Danielle about them, but she wanted Chrissy and Amy to sit down with Danielle and explain what they went through, rather than it coming from her.

    Becky and Danielle had reached their home as they talked and Becky looked a little worried when she saw Prue’s car parked up outside the house. Danielle saw the new car parked up, but she had no idea that it belonged to her nana Prue.

     “Looks like your nana Prue might have some answers for you Danielle.” Becky said as she pointed out whom the car belonged to that Danielle was currently looking at as they walked up the driveway to the front door.

    Danielle suddenly felt really scared again, but this was a much bigger fear than the one she’d had when they were walking up the drive to her new Gran’s house. Danielle was scared that her nana Prue was about to say she had to become a boy again.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

great chapter

THx Sarra fro another great chapter from this family i love how things always get right in the end even though there are some ups an downs please keep up the great work

Always enjoy

Sara, I always enjoy the start of the weekend when i read a new chapter of this wonderful story, it always brings back a lot of painful memories of my own childhood.

Love and Hugs Ronnie :)

ROO

Great to see

It's great, as always, to see further adventures of this extended family.

I don't think that reverting Danielle to male is an option; I understand that mastectomy at that age is elective surgery anyway and is probably against the law.

I suspect that Danielle was mis-diagnosed as a male at birth and her body is producing female hormones, which would account for her breasts and her female appearance.

In the absence of being born (1945) as a complete girl, this would have run a close second for me, although my parents would probably have taken me to a doctor who would no doubt have 'cured me' by pumping me full of testosterone and removing anything remotely 'female'.

S.

Well...

At least Lauren was able to get Lianna out of mood. Can not wait for the next chapter to come.

Joshlyn Amanda

Thank you Sara,

It is Saturday down here in Oz and despite my rotten mood
swings you make my day,tears and all.There are so many
unfortunate children like Danielle in care but I am sure
that Nana Prue has nothing but good news for her.

ALISON

Well you can't have a YHIAW story without some kind

... of bad misunderstanding.

Danielle is still early days as she still has trust issues plus being the new kid in a family is very fearful of her being pushed out again. She is not in a precarious position but try to tell that to an abused kid.

I feel for Danielle though I could never compare to what she went through. I was pushed that way emotionally a bit as I grew up the youngest and always emotionally kowtowed to the needs of all those around me and to this day still feel guilty for having needs that conflict and had hurt those around me. Sometimes learning to give yourself a break is the hardest part of all and understanding that ones core needs are not selfish ones despite how they might hurt those around you. It did not help to know that my parents were old when I grew up and to hurt and/or burden them would be ....

Edit:

I must be unusual? I never went through mood swings going on hormones. Yes I am definitely more emotional being on E but I never got the emotional pendulum thing, just a straight elevation of emotional strength. *shrug*

Kim