You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 19

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 19

    The two girls slipped on their dressing gowns and left the bedroom in search of some breakfast. Danielle felt fine to walk under her own steam, but when Lianna wrapped and arm around her waist to support her, Danielle wasn’t about to protest. She was happy to have Lianna back to her old caring self. Now all Danielle had to do was face the rest of the family and hope they were all as forgiving as Lianna had been.

    Lianna and Danielle could hear the noise of people talking as they ate their breakfast, but all talk and eating stopped when they saw the two of them enter the dining room. Danielle’s worry faded away when she was swamped by the other kids as they all hugged her and tried to say how worried they had been about her.

     “How are you feeling this morning sweetie?” Mandy asked as she walked over and pulled Danielle into a hug while Lianna stood ready to help Danielle get some breakfast when they had finished talking.

     “I just have a little bit of a headache mummy. I’m sorry for running away; I know it was a foolish thing to do.” Danielle said as she hung her head in shame.

     “Yes it was, but we’re just glad you were found.” Mandy said as she pulled Danielle into another hug. “We will be having words about you running away young lady, but let’s just get you feeling better again first.” Mandy added with a smile.

    Lianna sat Danielle at the dining table before she ran off to sort them both out with some breakfast. Danielle wanted to help, but gave up when she saw that Lianna wanted to do this. They were soon both sat with plates of bacon and eggs while Chrissy poured them both a glass of juice each.

     “Take these sweetie, they will help with the headache.” Mandy said as she gave Danielle a couple of little white pills to swallow.

     “Thanks mum.” Danielle smiled as she took the pills and washed them down with some of her juice.

    Lianna looked around the table and saw that Lauran and the other kids were all dressed ready for school, so she started rushing to get done with her breakfast, so she could go and get ready herself.

    “Slow down Lianna and remember to chew your food.” Chrissy warned when she saw her daughter rushing to finish her breakfast for some reason.

     “I still need to take a shower and get ready for school, mother.” Lianna pointed out as she looked down at herself still dressing in her nightie and dressing gown.

     “You’re not going to school today sweetie.” Chrissy said with a smile. “You need to keep an eye on Danielle, just like you said you would.”

     “I thought that was just for last night, and one of you would keep an eye on her while I went to school.” Lianna said looking a little surprised to hear she’d be having the day off to carry on looking after Danielle herself.

     “We all thought it would do the two of you some good to spend some time together.” Chrissy said as she looked over at Mandy and Carl.

     “But remember to keep a close eye on Danielle, Lianna. Any sign of trouble, and you let nana Holly or your mom know right away.” Carl said looking very serious about it.

     “Yes Uncle Carl.” Lianna said looking proud to be trusted with such an important task.

    Danielle was sat grinning as she thought about getting to spend a whole day with Lianna. She loved spending time with all her new family, but the thought of getting to know Lianna a little better with no one else around was making her feel much better.

    The other kids all finished their breakfast while Danielle and Lianna were still eating theirs, and they all waved as they went to finish getting ready for school. Danielle and Lianna had finished by the time they were ready to leave for school, so they all got hugs and then they stood at the door and waved them off in the minibus before returning up stairs to get washed and dressed.

     “You take a seat on the bed, and I’ll run a bath for you.” Lianna said as she helped Danielle take a seat before she ran off into the bathroom.

     “You don’t need to do all this for me Lianna.” Danielle said when Lianna came back into the bedroom, and Danielle could hear the sound of the bath filling up with water.

     “I know I don’t have to Danielle, but I want to.” Lianna smiled. “My way of saying sorry for being so mean to you the past couple of days.”

     “Thank you for being so kind to me now, and all the times since we first met.” Danielle said with a tear in her eye.

     “I don’t deserve your thanks Danielle, not after the way I’ve treated you the past couple of days.” Lianna wiped away the tears running down Danielle’s cheeks as she said it. “I made you run away and almost got you killed.” Lianna said as she had to wipe away some of her own tears now.

     “You didn’t force me to run away Lianna. I just did that in a moment of stupidity.” Danielle giggled as she patted the bed next to her for Lianna to sit down. “I do find it a little funny that you could feel jealous of anything to do with me though.” Danielle added as she wrapped an arm around Lianna and then rested her head on Lianna’s shoulder very gently so as not to bang her head anymore than it already had been.

     “I’m jealous of all girls at the minute sis, but you just seem closer to how I am right now, and it will be fixed for you in a couple of weeks.” Lianna tried to explain the reason for her being jealous.

     “Does that mean you really do hate me for it?” Danielle asked with a quiver in her voice as she was close to crying over the answer.

     “No! I never hated you in the first place.” Lianna said with a pleading look in her eyes as she made Danielle look at her face to face. “I think I...” Lianna said before she trailed off and just looked at Danielle thinking this beautiful girl could never be a boy.

     “You think you what?” Danielle asked with hope in her eyes.

     “Nothing... You’d just laugh at me if I told you.” Lianna said as she tried to look away, but Danielle stopped her from doing so by lifting her hand to Lianna’s chin and keeping Lianna’s eyes focused on hers.

     “If you told me that you loved me?” Danielle said the words for her. “Then does that mean you want to laugh at me for thinking the same thing?” Danielle asked just before she leaned forward and their lips touched.

    It wasn’t the world’s best kiss, and they ended up bumping their teeth together, but it still felt wonderful to the two of them as they did it, and they both knew that they would get the hang of it in the end. They suddenly broke the kiss and looked flushed and panicked as they both looked over to see Becky stood in the doorway grinning at them.

     “I was just running Danielle a bath.” Lianna said as she jumped up and ran into the bathroom before Becky could say anything.

     “So that’s what the kids are calling it these days.” Becky giggled as she walked over and sat on the bed where Lianna had just been sat. “How are you feeling now sweetie?” Becky asked as she looked at the lump on Danielle’s head.

     “My head’s still a little sore, but the headache has gone now, thanks to the pills mother gave me.” Danielle said looking nervous. “What did you just see Aunty Becky?” Danielle finally asked when she realised that her Aunty wasn’t going to say anything about the kiss she just got from Lianna.

     “I saw two girls falling in love with each other.” Becky smiled.

     “Does that mean we’re in trouble?” Danielle asked looking worried.

     “Yes for some things, but not for falling in love with my daughter.” Becky said as she wrapped an arm around Danielle. “Is that what you asked me all the questions for yesterday while we walked to your Gran’s?” Becky asked.

     “Yes, but what am I in trouble for then?” Danielle asked.

     “You’re in trouble for running away and worrying us all half to death.” Becky said it like Danielle should have known that already.

     “I’m sorry about all that.” Danielle said as she started crying. “I just felt so bad when I heard what Lianna said to Lauren last night...” Danielle got out before it all became a mumble as she sobbed into Becky’s chest as she held her.

    Becky looked up and saw Lianna stood in the doorway to the bathroom with tears running down her cheeks with a look that said it was all her fault Danielle was in so much pain at the minute. Becky held out her free arm and Lianna ran over and fell down on the other side of her sobbing as well, as she reached over and rested a hand on Danielle’s back.

    Danielle lifted her head when she heard a snuffle and felt a small hand on her shoulder, she saw a damp eyed Lianna smiling at her. “I love you Danielle.” Lianna smiled as she moved her hand to hold Danielle’s in hers.

     “I love you to Lianna.” Danielle grinned back as she sat up and wiped her eyes.

    Both girls suddenly looked puzzled when they saw Becky suddenly produce two tissues from nowhere and hand them each one. “It’s a mum thing.” Becky grinned when she saw the puzzled looks. Both girls just giggled as they wiped their eyes and then blew their noses.

     “Your bath's ready for you.” Lianna said as she looked at Danielle. “Let’s get you in there.” She added as she got up and started to help Danielle make her way into the bathroom.

     “I can see that you’re in safe hands Danielle, so I’ll leave you to it.” Becky smiled as she watched her daughter playing nurse to the still recovering Danielle. “Don’t leave her in the bathroom alone though.” Becky warned.

     “I wasn’t planning to.” Lianna said as she led Danielle into the bathroom out of sight.

    Becky left the bedroom and went back down stairs to see if Holly needed any help with finishing up in the kitchen from them all having breakfast.

    Danielle had no worries about removing her night clothes in front of Lianna, which made her feel happy for the first time ever in front of anyone. She was soon naked and being helped into the bath by Lianna, as she helped Danielle to sit down in the hot water with a large amount of bubbles floating on top of it.

     “Do you mind if I wash your back for you?” Lianna asked as she picked up a sponge and waited for Danielle to give her the okay.

     “I’d like that a lot please Lianna.” Danielle sat forward and closed her eyes as she let Lianna gently soak her back with some of the warm water. “That feels really good.” Danielle said with a sigh of total relaxation.

     “Mom said you liked to take bubble baths, but due to your secret, you’ve not been able to have one in some time until the other morning.” Lianna said.

     “Yes and that one didn’t go so well either.” Danielle pointed out with a giggle.

     “You must be glad to have everything out in the open now, and know what the problem is?” Liana asked.

     “Yes, but I still feel bad for not telling the truth from the start, and having you angry and not talking to me was the worst part of it all.” Danielle said as she really enjoyed the back wash Lianna was giving her.

     “Can I ask you some questions Danielle?”

     “Sure, ask me anything.” Danielle said as she opened her eyes and looked at Lianna.

     “Are you really scared of going in a swimming pool, or was that a lie, so you wouldn’t risk anyone seeing your little birth defect?”

     “The being scared part was a lie, but I don’t know how to swim.” Danielle owned up.

     “Would you like to learn how to swim?” Lianna asked.

     “I’d love to be able to swim, will you teach me?” Danielle asked looking excited.

     “Sure, but not until nana Prue gives that bump the all clear.” Lianna warned.

     “That’s okay; I don’t feel much like having a lesson today anyway.” Danielle said in a dreamy voice. “This is all the water I want to be in at the minute.”

     “You do realise that you’ll have some killer curves once we get some more meat on your bones. You’ll be fighting the men off.” Lianna giggled.

     “I don’t want a man trying anything with me.” Danielle said looking worried. “I want you Lianna.” Danielle added with some hurt in her voice.

     “I’m glad to hear you say that Danielle.” Lianna said as she leaned in closer and gave Danielle another kiss. “I’m sorry for being such a fool and hurting you with my silly actions over the past couple of days.” Lianna added once they stopped kissing, and Lianna was looking deep into Danielle’s eyes.

     “I forgive you.” Danielle said as she leaned in for another kiss. “I’m just glad I got rescued by dad and Uncle Brad when I did. Uncle Brad looked amazing from what I remember.” Danielle added with a grin as she ran her tongue across her lips trying to taste Lianna on them still.

     “I shiver when I think what might have happened if I hadn’t come to your room to wait for you to wake up, so I could say sorry for how I’d been treating you the past couple of days.” Lianna explained.

     “So that’s how they found out so soon, you told them.” Danielle said as she realised why her father and Uncle found her so fast.

     “Yes it was. I was all set to talk with you when I got home from school yesterday, but mother sent me to my room when I got in, and then I got upset and jealous after hearing the reason for you looking like this, and having a little birth defect.” Lianna explained. “I spoke with Simon at school yesterday, and he made me realise that I’d been doing the same thing with him all this time, and he was still my friend, but then I was being mean to you when you needed a friend more than anything.” Lianna added with a tear in her eye.

     “I still can’t see why you would be jealous of me for any reason.” Danielle smiled as she tried to wipe the tears away from Lianna’s face, but just added bubbles to it. “Trust me when I say there is nothing to be jealous of about me.” Danielle pointed out.

     “Was it really that bad for you going from one home to the next?” Lianna asked, not able to wrap her head around what Danielle had been through.

     “It was probably worse than you could ever imagine Lianna, but that’s all in the past now, and I hope I can start to enjoy life a little now.” Danielle said trying to look to the future and not the past. “I want to do fun things, like learn to swim, go to a birthday party, go clothes shopping and not worry about being asked to leave the shop because I look like I could be about to steal something.” Danielle reeled off a list of things she’d never done before.

    Lianna had always taken things like that for granted, so none of it seemed very special to her, but the mention of a birthday party gave Lianna an idea that she would need to have a word with her parents about, and Aunty Mandy and Uncle Carl.


*****

    Holly was just making a fresh pot of tea when Becky wandered back into the kitchen with a worried look on her face.

     “I’ve seen that look before, what’s happened now?” Holly asked as she brought the pot of tea over to the table. “Is everything alright between Danielle and Lianna?” Holly added.

     “More than okay mum, that’s what’s worrying me.” Becky said with a sigh. “I’ve just stood and watched them kissing each other, and Danielle just broke down and told me the reason she ran away was because she thought Lianna hated her.”

     “You knew it was going to happen, so why do you look so worried about it all?” Holly asked in a matter of fact way as she poured them both a cup of tea out.

     “I just think their too young to be talking and acting this way with each other.” Becky tried to explain her worries.

     “Do you think you’ve got a say in it then sweetie?” Holly asked with a smirk. “Would Mable or I have been able to stop you and Chrissy getting together?”

     “NO! Not a chance.” Becky said at the very thought of anyone trying to keep her and Chrissy from getting together. The months she’d been apart from Chrissy when she ran away were the worst months in Becky’s life, so she could see the point Holly was making. “So what you’re saying is Lianna and Danielle will do what they want to do, and Chrissy and I will just have to pick up the pieces if things go wrong?” Becky asked with a sigh.

     “That’s pretty much it, but I don’t think that will happen.” Holly smiled. “Lianna’s found her soul mate in Danielle.” Holly added in a mother knows best kind of way.

     “How can you be so sure mum?”

     “Lianna sensed something was wrong last night and ended up going to Danielle' room for whatever reason. You only get them sort of feelings when you’ve truly connected with someone.” Holly explained as she saw Becky start to realise she was right.

     “Do you know the thing that really worries me about all this?” Becky finally asked after admitting defeat over what Holly had just told her.

     “You’re worried that Danielle reminds you too much of how Chrissy used to be?” Holly asked with a grin.

     “So you’ve thought that as well then mum?” Becky asked with a puzzled look as she tried to work out just how her mother could be so wise all the time.

     “Yes, I saw it the first time she walked into the kitchen on Sunday.” Holly said with a faraway look in her eyes as she thought back to what she’d seen that day. “I will admit that I never saw the medical problem though. I’m not that wise.” Holly added with a giggle.

     “None of us saw that one coming, least of all me when I walked into the bedroom and saw her stood there looking scared to death.” Becky said with a pinch of pain in her heart as she remembered the scared look on Danielle’s face. “All the clues were there for us to see, but we just never made the connection.” Becky added with another big sigh.

     “The universe has a funny way of trying to fix things, and I think it’s stepped in and guided Danielle to someone that can give her a chance at a better life.” Holly pointed out. “Do you not think Danielle is good enough to be with your daughter?” Holly asked.

     “No, not at all.” Becky said looking shocked that Holly could ask such a question. “I love Danielle like she was my own daughter, and I hope they can make it work, but I just think they are both a little young for bonding like they have.” Becky tried to explain the way she was feeling about it all.

     “You and Chrissy will need to sit them both down and explain about the proper way to act when out in public though.” Holly warned.

     “Danielle will also need to be told about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy as well.” Becky said, referring to the fact they had all been like Lianna once.

     “I think that will help her feel like a bigger part of the family knowing that.” Holly smiled. “What were they doing when you left them just now? Apart from kissing that is.” Holly giggled.

     “Lianna was sorting Danielle out with a bubble bath.” Becky giggled back. “I’m glad Lianna finally got over her mood and is showing Danielle her true nature again.” Becky added with a proud smile.

     “Danielle couldn’t be in safer hands than the ones looking after her right now.” Holly said with pride.

     “I’m just worried about how Chrissy will take the news that our daughter has fallen in love.” Becky said looking a little worried.

     “You don’t think Chrissy will object to it do you?” Holly asked with a puzzled look, she knew that Chrissy was the last one to stand in the way of true love.

     “No! Not for that reason mum. I’m worried about her wanting to start planning the wedding for them.” Becky giggled.

    That comment soon had Holy giggling as well, as she knew only too well what Chrissy could get like when she saw a romance starting to blossom. “You do realise that Chrissy probably already knew what was going to happen. You know she has a sixth sense for things like that.” Holly pointed out. “Just look at all the people she’s brought together since you’ve known her, and not one of them have split up yet.” Holly added looking impressed.

     “Chrissy did seem to treat Danielle like a daughter from the first time she brought her into the house on Sunday.” Becky thought out loud. “But then Chrissy is like that with everyone.” Becky shrugged.


*****

     “We better see about getting you out of there and dried off before you look like a shrivelled up prune.” Lianna giggled as she looked at Danielle relaxing in the bubble bath.

     “Just five more minutes please.” Danielle begged.

     “You said that ten minutes ago, and then again five minutes ago, so no, stand up so I can help you get out the bath now.” Lianna said sounding all bossy.

     “Alright.” Danielle pouted as she sat up and then let Lianna help her stand before she wrapped a towel around her and helped her step out of the bath. Danielle smiled though when Lianna wrapped her arms around her and hugged her tight. “I like the way you dry people Lianna.” Danielle grinned as she looked Lianna in the eyes.

     “I need to make sure you don’t try to run away again.” Lianna grinned back as she tightened her grip around Danielle.

     “I’ve done running Lianna. Now I just want to be here with you.” She sighed as she rested her head on Lianna’s shoulder. “I sometimes think I’m dreaming all this, and I’m still lying in that alley dying from the blow to my head.” Danielle added in a dreamy voice as she felt Lianna’s arms holding her tight. She was soon snapped out of it when she felt Lianna pinch her bottom. “Ouch! What was that for?” She grumbled as she stepped back from a giggling Lianna while trying to rub away the pain she was feeling in her bottom.

     “I just wanted to let you know this wasn’t a dream.” Lianna giggled some more.

     “I’ll give you something to dream about.” Danielle growled as she took a firm hold on the towel wrapped around her, ready to chase after Lianna who had seen what Danielle was about to do and had already ran from the bathroom still giggling.

    Lianna was stood with her back to the bed when Danielle made it into the bedroom. “Now calm down Danielle, I was just trying to prove a scientific fact to you, using what I had to hand.” Lianna tried to explain as Danielle stalked closer to her.

     “What sort of scientific fact do you have for this?” Danielle asked just before she leaped straight at Lianna, sending her flying backwards onto the bed with Danielle on top of her grinning.

     “It proves that you’re quite insane, and you don’t like having your bottom pinched.” Lianna giggled.

     “And here was me thinking that science was boring.” Danielle giggled just before she looked deep into Lianna’s eyes and was soon kissing her.

     “I’m sorry if I hurt you Danielle.” Lianna said when they finally came up for air.

     “It was more a shock than painful, but it was still fun chasing you down and getting some revenge.” Danielle giggled just before rolling off Lianna and then looking at her from where she was now lying next to Lianna on the bed.

     “You look so happy now Danielle.” Lianna said as she stroked the side of Danielle’s face and traced the new smile creases she now had.

     “I have lots to be happy about. I never could have dreamed of being here like this with someone as wonderful as you.” Danielle smiled. “Nothing in my life was making me think something like this could happen, not until you stepped in and stood up for me that Saturday.” Danielle added as she wrapped her arms around Lianna and hugged her like she’d vanish if she let go.

     “That’s when I first fell in love with you Danielle. I saw you looking so sad and scared as those girls picked on you...” Lianna trailed off as she took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself back down again. “I never gave a thought to how I was dressed; I just knew I had to help you out.” Lianna added as she hugged Danielle closer to her.

     “But when you realised what you’d done, and I said the wrong thing, you ran off and left me all alone again.” Danielle said with a pout as she snuggled her head further into Lianna’s chest. “Not that I can throw any stones about the running away part.” Danielle added with a giggle.

     “I’m sorry about that as well.” Lianna sighed. “Why did you track me down if you have such a rough time with people? I thought you would have just moved on with your life in another way.” Lianna asked.

     “Out of my fifteen years on this planet. Those couple of hours spent with you and Lauren that Saturday afternoon were the best of my life so far.” Danielle snuffled as she started to cry again. “I just wanted to feel like I had friend one more time, so I came looking for you.” Danielle added as she buried her head deeper into Lianna’s chest as she sobbed.

    Lianna had no answer for what she’d just been told, she had no idea that being with her and Lauran that Saturday was the best time Danielle had ever had. Lianna just hugged Danielle as she got it out her system.

     “I hope you feel like you’ve had a lot of good times since that Saturday now?” Lianna asked when Danielle finally stopped sobbing and looked up at Lianna with a smile on her face.

     “Yes, lots, but I was scared that my birth defect as you call it, was driving you away from me.” Danielle snuffled close to tears again.

     “No, that was me being an idiot.” Lianna admitted. “Being pumped full of female hormones and then lied to about it didn’t help either.” Lianna giggled.

     “You should be grateful you have so many people that care about you to do that.” Danielle pointed out. “I went through nearly thirty different foster homes because no one cared enough to help me work out what was wrong with me.” Danielle added with a bitter edge to her voice.

     “Well you know now, and in a couple of weeks it will all be fixed, and I’ll be jealous of you for it.” Lianna pouted, but it soon broke into a grin.

     “The thought of having surgery scares me Lianna.” Danielle gripped onto Lianna even tighter as she said it, like Lianna could make the fear go away.

     “Nana Prue will only let the best people fix the problem Danielle, and Uncle Carl won’t let anything bad happen either.” Lianna promised. “I’ll do all I can to help you recover after the surgery as well.” Lianna added.

    Danielle was soon feeling better about her upcoming surgery, so she let Lianna help her find something to get dressed in and then they walked down to Lianna’s room so she could take a shower and then get dressed herself.

    Lianna left Danielle lying on the bed looking through a magazine while she took a quick shower. Lianna didn’t want to be away from Danielle for too long; just in case she had any side effects from the bump to her head the night before. Lianna was as quick as she could be and returned to the bedroom to find Danielle asleep on her bed with the magazine still open next to her.

     “Danielle? Danielle?” Lianna asked as she lightly shook her arm, worried that something might be wrong.

     “MMM. What’s wrong Lianna?” Danielle asked as she lifted her head and cracked open her eyes sleepily.

     “I’m sorry I woke you, but I was worried you might have passed out or something.” Lianna explained with a look of relief on her face.

     “That’s alright Lianna. I’m sorry I worried you, but I just felt really comfy lying here.” Danielle smiled. “I’m still feeling fine apart from that though.” She added as she let Lianna help her sit up again.

     “Just let me get dressed, and we can go down and see what my mum and nana Holly are up to.” Lianna said as she ran off to sort out her clothes and put them on.

    Danielle sat on the bed and watched Lianna as she sorted out her clothes. Danielle still found it unbelievable that Lianna hadn’t been a girl all her life with how natural she looked as she got her bra and panties on.

     “Lianna? I was wondering if you could help me with something?” Danielle asked sounding nervous.

     “I will if I can sis.” Lianna grinned as she looked over her shoulder as she closed the hooks on her bra and then looked to be fiddling with her breasts, as she tried to get them seated properly. “So what can I help you with?” Lianna asked as she turned around and carried on getting dressed while Danielle checked her out from head to toe.

     “Could you teach me how to be a girl? The more I watch you and Lauren, the more I realise that I may as well stay as a boy.” Danielle looked a little down as she said it.

     “You’ve had a really shitty time of it so far in your life, pardon my French.” Lianna grinned. “I’ve already started showing you how to put makeup on, so I’ll be more than happy to show you everything I know about being a girl, and Lauren will help as well. Jessica and Jennifer know a thing or two, so you will be acting like a girl in no time, not that you don’t already.” Lianna giggled as she pulled Danielle up off the bed and started dancing around the room with her. “You can call this your first lesson.” Lianna said as she danced around the room.

     “And what does this have to do with being a girl?” Danielle asked as they spun around the room giggling.

     “You should always find a little time each day to have some fun.” Lianna said it like Danielle should have already known it.

     “You’re insane! Do you know that?” Danielle giggled.

     “So everyone keeps telling me.” Lianna shrugged like it was no big deal.

    Lianna finally stopped and then led Danielle back over to the bed and helped her to sit down again while she finished getting dressed.

     “Let’s go and see if Nana Holly’s doing any baking.” Lianna grinned as she pulled Danielle to her feet and then held her hand as they left her bedroom and made their way down stairs and then into the kitchen.

     “Hello girls!” Holly grinned when she saw the two of them enter the kitchen. “How are you feeling now Danielle?” Holly asked with concern in her voice.

     “Much better now Nana Holly.” Danielle grinned as she walked over and gave her a hug.

     “I hope Lianna is taking good care of you?” Holly asked as she gave Lianna a stern look, but soon started grinning again to let Lianna know she wasn’t in trouble for anything.

     “Lianna is amazing Nana. She keeps making me laugh.” Danielle giggled.

     “I’m glad to hear it sweetie, now do the two of you want a drink while you’re in here?” Holly asked. “Becky should be back in here in a minute, and I’m sure she’ll make you both a hot chocolate.” Holly tempted the two girls.

     “MMM... Yes please.” Danielle grinned as she started clapping her hands together excitedly.

     “Take a seat at the table and I’ll get Becky to sort it out as soon as she comes back into the Kitchen.” Holly said as she walked the two girls over to the kitchen table and helped them take a seat.

     “Where is mum anyway?” Lianna asked while they sat waiting.

     “She went to give nana Prue a call and let her know how Danielle is doing.” Holly informed them as she checked on something cooking in the oven.

     “That smells wonderful.” Danielle said as she got an even bigger waft of something sweet baking in the oven. “What are you making Nana Holly?” Danielle asked just before taking in another deep breath to enjoy the smell even more.

     “Just some chocolate chip cookies.” Holly said like it was something she did all the time. “They look done, so you should be able to have one with your hot chocolate.” Holly added with a grin as she turned around with a large tray of freshly baked cookies.

    Danielle thought she’d died and gone to heaven now, as she looked at the tray of cookies her nana was carrying over to a cooling rack. She found herself wishing her Aunty Becky would hurry up and make the hot chocolate, so she could enjoy it with a nice chocolate chip cookie. Lianna looked just as excited sat next to her.

    Becky looked a little worried when she walked into the kitchen five minutes later to find the two girls sat at the table grinning at her. “What’s going on here?” Becky asked as she broke eye contact with the girls to look at Holly for an answer.

     “I promised you’d make the girls a hot chocolate, so they could enjoy it with a cookie.” Holly explained the reason for the two girls grinning at her like they were.

     “Well I’m not sure they deserve it Nana Holly.” Becky said trying to look serious as she stood with her arms folded across her chest. Lianna knew her mum was just playing around, but Becky felt bad for the sad look Danielle now had as she thought Becky really meant it. “I’m only teasing you Danielle.” Becky said as she ran over and pulled Danielle into a hug. “Two mugs of hot chocolate coming right up.” Becky smiled as she let go of Danielle and she went into action boiling some milk and sorting out the drinks.

    Danielle and Lianna sat grinning as they watched Becky work on the drinks while Holly placed some of the cookies on a plate and brought them over to the table for the girls to enjoy with the hot chocolate.

     “What did Prue have to say when you told her how Danielle was doing?” Holly asked as she placed a hand on Danielle’s and smiled down at her.

     “She said it sounds like there’s nothing to worry about, but she’d pop over and have a quick look, just to be sure.” Becky said as she walked over to the table with two large mugs of steaming hot drinking chocolate. “Enjoy, girls.” Becky smiled as she saw Danielle’s eye light up as she stuck her nose right over the top of the mug and took in a deep breath.

     “Thank you Auntie Becky and Nana Holly for the cookies.” Danielle said as she held a cookie in one hand and the handle of the mug in the other.

    The mug was too heavy for Danielle to pick up one handed, so she had to put the cookie back down and steady the mug with her other hand while trying not to burn her fingers as she did it. She blew on the chocolate to cool it a little, and then she took a little sip and almost moaned with joy as she tasted the rich flavour of the chocolate wash over her tongue. She placed the mug back on the table and decided to try the cookie; she got the same feeling with the cookie as she’d just had with the drink. The cookie was one of the best she’d ever tasted, if not the best.

    The other three could see how much Danielle was enjoying her hot chocolate and cookie, so they let her eat in piece for a time, but it was broken when they heard the doorbell and Becky went to answer it. Becky walked back into the kitchen with Prue following close behind.

     “I’m glad to see there’s nothing wrong with your appetite Danielle.” Prue giggled as she saw her put the last piece of a cookie in her mouth.

     “That’s her second one as well.” Holly pointed out.

    Danielle could only grin at them both as she was still munching on the cookie in her mouth, but she did give Prue a thumbs up to let her know she was feeling much better now.

     “Do you have time for a cup of tea mum?” Becky asked as she made her way over to put the kettle on and boil some water to make a fresh pot.

     “Never turn down a cup of tea.” Prue said in a deep voice, as she tried to do an impersonation of Frank. “That’s what your grandpa would say if he was here.” Prue added with a giggle as she sat down next to Danielle. This made them all laugh, as they all knew what Frank was like with his tea drinking.

     “I thought dad might have been with you, is he alright?” Becky asked with some worry in her voice.

     “He’s fine, apart from being woken up in the middle of the night to drive me to the hospital.” Prue said as she rolled her eyes. “I said I could drive myself, but he wouldn’t hear of it.” Prue added with a smile. “I think he was worried about our little run away here, but he’d never own up to it.” Prue said in a fake whisper as she wrapped an arm around Danielle and hugged her.

     “I’m sorry about all the trouble I caused Nana Prue.” Danielle said, now she’d finished her cookie. “I know I was being silly to run away in the first place.”

     “What matters is that you’re back safe and almost sound.” Prue said as she looked at the bump on the side of Danielle’s head. “Does it still hurt much sweetie?” Prue asked.

     “Only when I touch it, or lie on it. I did have a little headache, but mummy gave me some pills and it went away.” Danielle explained.

     “No wobbly balance problems or feeling sick and dizzy?” Prue asked.

     “No Nana Prue, nothing like that.” Danielle grinned.

     “And I take it you two are friends again now?” Prue asked as she looked at Lianna and Danielle this time.

     “Yes Nana Prue.” Lianna grinned as she took hold of Danielle’s hand in hers and then grinned even more. “I know I was being mean to Danielle, and I’ve told her how sorry I am for making her feel the need to run away.” Lianna added as she had to wipe a tear away. Lianna soon felt better when Danielle threw her arms around her and hugged her.

    Prue looked at Becky and Holly with a raised eyebrow when she saw how the two girls seemed happy to remain in the hug like two people in love would do, more than two sisters would. Becky and Holly both shrugged and smiled to let Prue know that they had already seen it for themselves.

     “How are things at the surgery, still getting lots of new patients coming in?” Becky asked.

     “Things are very busy. I had a strange patient though the other day.” Prue began telling them. “He walked in and sat facing me, and then he said, Doctor it hurts when I touch here” Prue touched her finger to her forehead. “And it also hurts when I touch here.” Prue touched the same finger to her elbow. “And it even hurts when I touch here.” Prue touched the same finger to her knee this time.

     “What was wrong with him Nana?” Danielle asked looking worried for the patient.

     “I told him he’d broken his finger.” Prue started giggling.

    It took Danielle a couple of seconds to work out that Prue had just been telling her a joke, and none of it really happened. Even thought the joke was a little silly, Danielle still found it very funny, and she fell into Lianna’s arms as she giggled.

     “Do you think it will be alright for Danielle to go for a walk this afternoon with Lianna and me?” Becky asked, once they all stopped laughing at the joke.

     “Yes! Some fresh air will do her good.” Prue said, thinking it was a wonderful idea. “Where are you thinking of going?” Prue asked.

     “I spoke to Mable earlier about Danielle running away, and she insisted that I take her around to see her, just to put Mable’s mind at ease.” Becky said with a look that said she didn’t really have a choice. “I was going to drive there, but I think a walk would be good for her as well.” Becky smiled.

     “I think I’ll let you and Danielle go and see Gran.” Lianna said looking worried. Lianna knew that Gran would have a go at her for what she and Lauren did the other Saturday.

     “You have to come along Lianna, you promised to keep an eye on Danielle for twenty four hours.” Becky pointed out.

     “She’ll have you with her though mum.” Lianna argued.

     “Why don’t you want to go and seen your Gran?” Becky asked with a smirk, but already knew the answer. Becky knew that Lianna and Lauren were both worried about being told off by their Gran.

     “Gran’s going to shout at me for sneaking out with Lauren.” Lianna whined.

     “I’ll let you tell her the good news then Danielle.” Becky grinned as she looked at a smug looking Danielle sat with her head resting on Lianna’s shoulder while they still hugged each other.

     “What good news?” Lianna asked looking puzzled as she made Danielle sit up and look at her.

     “I made Gran promise me she wouldn’t have a go at you or Lauren for what you did the other Saturday.” Danielle beamed with pride. She started giggling as she had to help Lianna close her mouth again, as it was just hanging open while Lianna had a look of total shock on her face.

     “After the way I’d been treating you, you still did that for me and Lauren?” Lianna asked once her mouth started working again. “I wish I could think of some way to do the same for you though Danielle.” Lianna added with a sad sounding sigh.

    Danielle looked puzzled herself for a couple of seconds before she finally had to ask. “Why would you need to do the same for me Lianna? I wasn’t the one in trouble with Gran.”

     “The main point being you wasn’t.” Lianna explained. “If Gran was angry with Lauren and me for going out behind our parents back, how do you think she’s going to be over you trying to run away?” Lianna asked looking worried.

     “I hadn’t thought of that.” Danielle said, not looking forward to seeing her Gran again so soon now.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Keep It Coming!!!

This a great way to show that their love will last like Chrissy's and Becky's love has.

Joshlyn Amanda

Thank you Sara,

'for your story and the warmth that you generate
with it,lots of 'fuzzy' feelings.Most enjoyable.

ALISON

You have a broken finger >|<

Prue should not quit her day job :)

It is always sweet to see a romance blooming between those two.

Kim

The first kiss was sweet,

The first kiss was sweet, Becky might have been concerned about age but Holly is right, Danielle and Lianna are a single soul split in two, granted they will have ups and downs but I'm sure w ith support they will get through anything.

Thanks for sharing this sweet chapter

Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p