You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 15

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 15

    Danielle was glad to be leaving the hospital, even though it was a very posh looking private one, she still didn’t like all the different machines they had her stand in front of, slide into, and then have a cold gel all over her groin and belly while they recorded some images of what they found in there.

     “Can we please go home now?” A very miserable looking Danielle asked as she let Mandy hug her while they made their way out to Carl’s car in the car park.

     “Yes we’re going to take you home now sweetie.” Mandy said as she opened the back door on the car and helped Danielle to get in. “But I must warn you that we have called for a family meeting to explain what we know so far about your condition.” Mandy explained as she got in the other side of the back seat.

    Carl had made calls around the family while Danielle was having one of the scans done, so he could let everyone know about a family meeting back at home. A family meeting was what they had when they needed to tell everyone some important news, and what they now knew about Danielle would be classed as just that.

     “What is a family meeting mummy?” Danielle asked looking scared again all of a sudden. “Is it when you ask everyone if they still want me as part of the family?” She added with tears in her eyes.

     “No silly!” Mandy said as she pulled Danielle closer to her before she had time to put her seatbelt on. “A family meeting is just our little way of letting the whole family know about your little medical problem. We find that there is less chance of people misunderstanding the information available this way.” Mandy explained as she hugged Danielle.

    What Mandy had just said made Danielle feel a little better, but she was still worried about Lianna and what she was going to say when she found out Danielle had been lying to her, or at the very least keeping secrets. Not feeling like talking anymore, Danielle used the seatbelt for the middle seat in the back of her father’s car and rested her head on her mother lap. The smooth motion from the car as Carl drove them all home soon had Danielle asleep.

     “Do you think she’ll be alright honey?” Carl whispered from the front where he was driving.

     “I think so, but it’s all got a little too much for her I think.” Mandy said as she stroked the sleeping girl’s hair. “I’m amazed she survived this long with all the changes and people working against her and what she was feeling.” Mandy added with a tear in her eye.

     “She’s one tough little cookie, and will fit in nicely with the rest of the family.” Carl said with pride. “And she won’t ever have to fight any battle alone ever again now.” He added as a promise.

     “You don’t need to point that out to me honey.” Mandy smiled back as she thought of all the others wanting to help keep this poor confused child safe from any and all danger that she might face in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

    Carl was soon pulling into the driveway and saw that they had beat Brad home with the kids, but Becky was already home with Amy and Chrissy. Kara was home, so Jayden would be back. Ann’s car was parked up next to Amber’s car outside the house, as well as Cathy’s car, so Carl new that the only ones missing were Brad and the kids. Carl was hoping to have time to explain what they knew to the others, and he was hoping that Becky might have started filling them in as well.

    Mandy thought it was a shame to wake Danielle, but she couldn’t stay out here in the car sleeping. Mandy thought she’d be much happier in her bed if that’s what she wanted to do while they explained it to the others.

     “Danielle? Danielle Sweetie? We’re home.” Mandy said as she softly stroked the side of Danielle’s face as she looked down for any sign of the girl waking up. It didn’t take long for Danielle’s eyes to flicker open just before she sat up looking half asleep still. “We’re home now sweetie. Do you want to come and sit with us while we explain everything to the others, or would you be happier going to lie down for a bit?” Mandy asked.

     “Can I go and lie down please mummy? I’d rather let you and daddy explain things without me there to see their reaction.” Danielle said as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She was soon being scooped up in her daddy’s arms as he carried her into the house and up the stairs to her bedroom, where he placed her in the bed after Mandy had pulled the covers back and removed her shoes for her.

     “I’ll come and get you later when we’ve had a chance to explain everything to the rest of your family.” Mandy wanted to make Danielle understand that she was part of this family, and nothing that happened from now on would change that.

    Mandy tucked Danielle in and then kissed her on the forehead just before Carl did the same. They then made their way down stairs and into the dining room where the rest of the family were waiting for the children and Brad to get home.

     “Where’s Danielle?” A worried looking Chrissy asked as she went to get up, but was stopped by Becky pulling her back down into her seat.

     “We’ve just taken her up to her room to lie down for a bit sis.” Mandy explained as Carl helped her take a seat at the table just before he took the empty seat next to her. “She’s had a busy day, and looked worn-out.” Mandy added with a worried smile.

     “Is she okay apart from that sis?” Chrissy asked with a pleading to her voice for the answer to be ‘yes’.

     “She’s scared that we won’t want her once everyone finds out she was keeping a secret from us, but I’ve tried to tell her she was wrong. “ Mandy said sounding tired all of a sudden. “The poor thing has been past from pillar to post so much that she finds it hard to trust anyone at the minute, so it will just take time and a lot of love.” Mandy added with a smile. Lucky for Danielle, her new family had plenty of both to spare.

     “I think we can all help with that.” Chrissy said with a grin as she looked around the table at all the others who were nodding in agreement.

    Becky had done a good job of explaining Danielle’s medical condition, so Carl and Mandy didn’t have much more to explain, which turned out to be a good thing because Brad was back with the kids sooner than Carl and Mandy were expecting.

    The first thing to tell them that Brad was back was a worried looking Lianna running into the dining room panting as she tried to get her breath back. “Where’s Danielle?” Lianna asked after looking around the large table and not seeing her sat at it with the others.

     “Come and take a seat Lianna, and we will explain it to you once the others are all in here to hear it as well.” Chrissy said as she pointed to an empty seat at the table with a frown. Chrissy wasn’t happy that Lianna had been running in the house, and also showed no manners when she entered the room.

     “I want to know where Danielle is!” Lianna snapped.

     “If you don’t come and sit down right now young lady, you will find yourself up in your room!” Chrissy snapped back as she stood up and glared at Lianna angrily. “At which point you will be the last one to find out anything, if I choose to let you find out at all!” Chrissy snapped at Lianna some more.

    Realising that she’d better do as she was told, Lianna rushed over to the empty seat her mother had pointed at and sat down. The other children had entered the room while Chrissy was having a go at Lianna, so they all took a seat at the table without a word being spoken. Even Brad rushed over to take the empty seat next to Ann without saying anything.

    Carl looked impressed at how quickly Chrissy had managed to get everyone in order by exploding at Lianna like she had. Mandy was trying very hard not to smirk as she watched her normally nice quiet sister sit back down after taking a couple of deep breaths and giving Lianna the evil eye for being rude when she entered the room.

     “Right then, now we have everybody here that needs to be here at the minute.” Carl said as he looked at Lianna to let her know that Danielle wasn’t gone. “Danielle is resting in her room.” Carl added as he smiled at the look of relief on Lianna’s face.

     “We’ve explained as much as we know at the minute to the adults in the room, so this is for you the children now.” Carl started to explain. “It was brought to our attention today that Danielle had been keeping a little secret from us all.” Carl added and then waited a couple of minutes as all the children gasped and started to mumble to each other.

     “Quiet down!” Mandy shouted to get the children to listen again.

     “Danielle turns out to be what they call intersexed.” Carl said, but didn’t get to add any more due to Craig speaking.

     “She was a prostitute?” Craig asked opened mouthed.

    The whole room burst out laughing when they realised what Craig had thought his dad was on about.

     “I said intersexed, not in to sex you Muppet!” Carl said when he stopped laughing at the joke Craig had made without realising he was making it.

     “And she’d be a nymphomaniac, not a prostitute. She’d only be a prostitute if she was doing it for money.” Brad pointed out, but soon wished he’d kept quiet as all the other adults in the room looked at him with shocked looks on their faces. All the kids started giggling when they saw Ann clip Brad up the back of the head to let him know just how stupid a thing that was to say.

    Craig still not having learned his lesson about thinking before you speak, had to say something else to set them all of laughing when he question what he thought a nymphomaniac was. “I thought nymph’s were women like fairies that live in the forests? Well would if they were real.” Craig tried to correct himself, not wanting the other too think he believed in stuff like that.

     “Craig! Please just shut up and let me explain.” Carl said when he finally stopped laughing again. “Danielle isn’t any of those things to begin with, so it’s a mute point.”

     “So what do you mean by intersexed then Uncle Carl?” Jessica asked.

     “Danielle was believed to be a boy at birth, so was raised as one. Her male name was Daniel, but as she got older she realised something was wrong because she felt like a girl, and then she started to develop as a girl.” Carl explained.

     “Is that why she’s been to so many foster homes then Uncle Carl?” Lauren asked as she started to see why Danielle would have trouble fitting in any place for too long.

     “Yes it is Lauren.” Carl replied with a sad look. “The more female she looked, the more she played up and tried to hide it until she ran away from this last place.” Carl added with a sigh.

     “But I thought she was listed as a girl at this last foster home?” Amy asked looking puzzled herself now.

     “Danielle had developed too much towards looking female to hide it anymore, so without even looking at the paperwork, the social worker that had been handed the case just thought she was a young girl.” Carl shrugged not knowing all the details. “She was playing truant from school because they were the only ones that could expose her as being listed as a boy not that looking at her would make you think she ever was.”

     “The poor child.” Jayden said as she put her hands up to her mouth in shock of what Danielle had been through in the foster care system, and then add to that all the changers in her body as well.

    Jayden had grown up in the foster care system just like Becky and Brad, so all three knew how tough it was to be moved from home to home. None of them had been moved around as many as Danielle though, neither did they have to hide the changes in their body as they grew up either.

     “Do we know how far she’s developed as a girl yet?” Chrissy asked.

     “No, not until mum gets the scan results and blood work back in a couple of days.” Mandy said. “We just need to know that everyone is on board with helping Danielle get through this, so we can make her feel like part of the family.” Mandy added with a smile.

    Everyone started talking at once, as they all let Mandy know they were more than willing to help Danielle out in any way they could. The only member of the family that didn’t look as happy as the rest was Lianna. She just pushed her chair back from the table and left the room to go up to her room to be alone, so she could think about what she’d just found out.

    Lianna wasn’t sure what she was feeling at the minute, she felt sad, angry, hurt, lied too and so much other stuff that it was making her head hurt trying to sort it all out. Once in her room Lianna went to her desk and set to work on her homework as she tried to take her mind off what she’d just been told about the girl she thought to be a sister and best friend. There was a knock at the door. “Come in!” Lianna shouted as she looked over to see who it was.

    Lauren poked her head around the door and smiled. “Hey sis! Everything okay? You left without saying anything to anyone.” Lauren asked as she walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it so she could check on her sister. “So what do you think about Danielle’s little secret then?”

     “I wouldn’t call lying to us all for the past several days, a little secret sis.” Lianna growled. “How can we trust a single word she says to us now?” Lianna asked as she carried on doing her homework.

     “Lianna! She had a very good reason for keeping it from us.” Lauren pointed out. “She’s been treated just like you’re treating her now when people have found out.” Lauren added with anger in her voice.

     “Well she only has herself to blame then, for lying all the time.” Lianna hissed.

     “I refuse to talk to you while you’re in this mood.” Lauren growled as she stood up and stormed from her sister’s room.

    Lianna slammed her pen down and then fell on her bed in a flood of tears. Even though she felt angry and betrayed by Danielle at the minute, she couldn’t help balling her eyes out for some reason. Lianna cried herself out and then went to her bathroom to get cleaned up before going back to doing her homework.


*****

    Chrissy and Becky watched Lianna leave the room looking upset about what she’d just heard. “Do you think we should go and have a word with her?” Becky asked in a whisper as she looked at Chrissy.

     “I think we should give her a little time to process what she just heard.” Chrissy said. “Anything we try and say to her at the minute will just fall on deaf ears.” Chrissy added with a sigh.

    Lauren wasn’t ready to let her sister just storm off, so she’d gone after her to find out what her problem was. Chrissy and Becky thought about stopping Lauren going after her sister, but she was gone before they could say a word.

    Chrissy was just about to go and make sure her daughters didn’t try to kill each other when she was stopped by Mandy asking her if everything was alright.

     “Will Lianna be okay sis?” Mandy asked looking worried at the way Lianna had stormed out the room once she found out the truth about Danielle.

     “I’m not sure yet sis.” Chrissy said with a sigh and a worried look.

    Mandy knew her sister well enough to know when she was hiding something from her. “What aren’t you telling me sis?” Mandy asked as she put a hand on each of Chrissy’s shoulders and looked her in the eyes.

     “Lianna’s emotions are all over the place at the minute sis, because I spoke with mum on Saturday night and we thought it would be a good idea to give her the injections to kick start her change, but we never told Lianna we had done it.” Chrissy explained.

     “Why didn’t you tell her what the injections were for sis?” Mandy asked with a puzzled look.

     “Becky and I wanted to make it part of a personal punishment for Lianna, after she went and did something after we told her not to.” Chrissy sighed again. “I thought we could keep her moods better controlled, but we didn’t count on her falling head over heels in love with Danielle, and then all this happening.” Chrissy added with a frown.

     “Don’t you think you should go and tell her before something gets said that can’t be taken back?” Mandy asked as she remembered how the hormones affected Chrissy and Amy’s moods in the beginning.

     “Becky and I were just talking about it, and we’ll sit her down later and explain everything to her, and we’ll make sure she doesn’t go upsetting Danielle.” Chrissy said with a sad smile as she gave her sister a hug.

     “Thanks sis.” Mandy said as they hugged. “I’ll go and see if Danielle’s awake yet, and warn her to give Lianna some space for the time being then.” Mandy added as they broke the hug.

     “I did tell Danielle about the hormones on Sunday, so she knows some of what she will need to know to deal with Lianna.” Chrissy pointed out.

     “So you don’t mind me talking to Danielle about Lianna’s transition then sis?” Mandy asked looking a little more relaxed about it all.

     “Of cause not! She’s family.” Chrissy grinned.

    Chrissy started grinning as Mandy threw her arms around her in another hug just before she left the room to go and see if Danielle was awake and ready to come down and meet the rest of the family now they all knew about her secret.


*****

    Danielle had woken up, but was too scared to leave her room and face the others, so she grabbed her iPod out its docking station and plugged in the ear phones and started listening to some music while she picked up one of the new novels Aunty Chrissy and Aunty Becky had brought her on Sunday. She’d only read a couple of pages when she saw someone poke their head round her bedroom door. Looking up she saw it was her mother smiling at her. Danielle put the book back down and then popped the ear phones out her hears so she could hear what her mother had to say.

     “Sorry mummy, but I missed all of that.” Daniele said.

    Mandy hadn’t realise Danielle was listening to her iPod when she started speaking to her. “I’m sorry sweetie. I just came up to see if you were awake and ready to come down and face the family?”

     “I’m not sure; do they all hate me now?” Danielle asked looking worried.

     “No! And stop being so silly.” Mandy said as she playfully slapped Danielle on the leg making her giggle. “I must warn you though that Lianna hasn’t taken the news well.”

     “In what way mummy?” Danielle asked looking more worried now than she did a couple of seconds ago.

     “Do you remember your Aunty Chrissy telling you on Sunday about the hormone injections your Nana Prue gave Lianna?” Mandy asked looking all serious again.

     “Yes, she said that Lianna wasn’t to know about them because it was all part of the punishment for going out after being told not to.” Danielle said as she remembered what Aunty Chrissy had said to her.

     “Well the hormones can do strange things with the person’s mood. It can change from one second to the next. Your Aunty Chrissy was hoping to keep Lianna’s moods in check for the next couple of weeks while she did her punishment, but your arrival has thrown a little spanner in the works.” Mandy explained.

     “Does this mean you want me to move out until Aunty Chrissy has time to help Lianna get better control over her moods?” Danielle asked on the verge of crying.

     “God no! I just wanted to warn you to give Lianna some space for the time being. The last thing we want is for the two of you to have words and say things you don’t mean to each other.” Mandy said as she pulled Danielle into a hug.

     “I’m sorry to bring all this trouble into your life mummy.” Danielle sobbed as she let Mandy hug her.

     “You’ve got nothing to be sorry for baby, nothing at all.” Mandy said as she hugged the sobbing girl. “I’m just glad we found you and can help get everything sorted out.” Mandy added as she kissed the top of Danielle’s head.

    Danielle was glad she was loved by this new wonderful family, but part of her was worried about Lianna. Danielle knew that finding out she’d been keeping such a big secret from Lianna must have really hurt. Danielle wondered if Lianna would ever truly forgive her for it.

     “Let’s get you cleaned up so we can take you down to meet the family, so you can see for yourself that they all still love you.” Mandy said, snapping Danielle out of her depressing thought about whether or not Lianna will ever speak to her again.

    Danielle was happy to let her mum help her get undressed so she could take a quick shower before getting dressed again in some clean clothes. Mandy looked happier when she saw a less shy Danielle come back out the bathroom and slip on clean bra and panties right in front of her.

     “How do I look mummy?” Danielle asked as she did a couple of twirls once she had the dress and sandals on. She did one too many twirls, making herself dizzy. She nearly fell over giggling, but Mandy caught her.

     “You look like a pretty young woman in the making Danielle.” Mandy giggled as she held Danielle in her arms. “Let’s go and show you off to your new family then.” Mandy added as she helped Danielle find her feet again just before taking her by the hand and leading her down to the dining room where Mandy had left the others.

    Mandy and Danielle entered the dining room to find most the grownups in there, but Holly, Amber and Amy were in the kitchen sorting out dinner, and none of the other children were anywhere to be seen. Danielle had become a part of Mandy due to her being stood so close, she tried to get even closer when she saw her Aunty Chrissy run over when she saw them enter the room.

     “Danielle! You poor little thing!” Chrissy shouted as she stepped around Mandy and soon had a shaking Danielle gripped in a killer hug to end all hugs.

     “I’m sorry for keeping secrets from you Aunty Chrissy.” Danielle squeaked out as Chrissy hugged the life out of her, but Danielle kind of liked it still.

     “I’ll let you off this time, just as long as you don’t have anymore.” Chrissy said with a grin. “You don’t have any more do you? You’re not an alien or a time traveller from the future, or some other weird thing like that?” Chrissy asked just before she started giggling.

    As worried as Danielle had been about the reaction of her new family when they saw her, she couldn’t help giggling along with her Aunty Chrissy, which soon had everyone else giggling and laughing when they saw Danielle giggling. “Just a little one to do with me being afraid of going in the pool.” Danielle said when she stopped giggling.

     “So you can swim, but was too afraid someone might discover your medical problem?” Chrissy asked.

     “No I can’t swim, but that was the reason I said I was scared of the water. I didn’t want anyone to notice a bulge were there shouldn’t be one.” Danielle said as she let her head drop in shame.

     “We’ll have to teach you how to swim then won’t we young lady?” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “You’re not mad with me for lying to you Aunty Chrissy?” Danielle looked shocked as she asked.

     “I’m a little disappointed that you felt the need to lie to us at all Danielle, but at the same time I can understand why you did, given what’s happened to you in the past when people have found out.” Chrissy said just before she pulled Danielle into another hug.

     “Hey sis, save some for the rest of us to hug!” Jayden said as she had formed a cue behind Chrissy so she could also let Danielle know that she was loved by the rest of the family as well.

    Chrissy broke the hug and went to stand over to one side with Mandy while they watched the rest of the family all give Danielle a hug, one after the other.

     “We sent the kids up to do their homework, so they will have the rest of the night to grill Danielle for information.” Chrissy explained the reason for none of the children being in the room.

     “Good idea sis.” Mandy smiled as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy’s waist and rested her head on her shoulder as they watched Danielle grinning as she worked her way through all the family members at the house. “What about Lianna and Lauren? When will you be tackling that little problem?” Mandy asked with a sigh.

     “Lauren won’t be a problem, other than her having a little go at Danielle for keeping secrets from her, but Lianna will be a tricky one, she’s always wore her heart on her sleeve, so I have a feeling it will be a couple of days before she calms down enough to even look at Danielle, never mind speak to her about all this.” Chrissy frowned as she thought about the upcoming conversations she’d be having with Lianna about Danielle and her medical problem. “Speaking of which, I better go and make a start on the first of many chats Lianna and I will be having over the next couple of days.” Chrissy added with a sigh as she broke away from Mandy and made her way up to see Lauren, and then Lianna.


*****

    Lauren was sat at her desk doing her homework when there was a knock on the door just before she saw her mother poke her head round it.

     “Hi honey, do you mind if I come in?” Chrissy asked as she waited for her daughter to give her the okay to enter her room fully.

     “Sure mummy.” Lauren said, happy for the distraction from her English homework. Lauren was also happy to finally have someone to vent her frustration over Lianna’s mood with.

     “Tricky homework sweetie?” Chrissy asked as she walked over to where Lauren’s desk was and sat on the spare seat at the side of it. “You look frustrated.” Chrissy added with a sad looking smile.

     “I am frustrated mummy, but not with the homework.” She sighed.

     “With your sister then?” Chrissy asked with a frown.

     “Yes! She’s just being so pig headed over this thing with Danielle.” Lauren almost said with a growl. “I gave up in the end and just came in here to get my homework done, but I’m having trouble concentrating.” Lauren added as she looked at her text book again.

     “Do you remember what I said to you on Sunday? About the injections your nana Prue gave Lianna?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes, but I’ve not said a word to Lianna, just like you told me not to mummy.”

     “I know you haven’t, and I’m proud of you for that sweetie.” Chrissy smiled as she took hold of Lauren’s hand. “Part of the problem with your sister is due to those injections. Lianna’s mood is all over the place at the minute as it is, and I wasn’t expecting all this stuff with Danielle to come up when we started her on the hormones like we did.” Chrissy explained.

     “Do you think Lianna would be more understanding if you told her about the hormone injections?” Lauren asked looking more hopeful, just to look crest fallen again with what her mother said next.

     “I plan to go and explain everything to your sister when I leave your room sweetie, but I doubt it will make much difference. In fact I think it will make things worse in the short term because it will just be seen as another lie someone has told your sister.” Chrissy pointed out.

     “Maybe it would be best to not say anything then mummy.” Lauren didn’t look happy with the thought of her sister being even more upset.

     “Was your sister in that bad a mood?” Chrissy asked looking worried now herself.

     “Remember that time you told her she couldn’t have that cute little black dress she’d found while we were out shopping with you and mom?” Lauren asked.

    Chrissy remembered the time Lauren was talking about. Lianna, or Dru as it still was back then, had found what she called a cute little dress, but Chrissy and Becky had both thought it more sexy than cute, so they had both said no to Dru having it. Dru never spoke to her parents for the next three days. She only got over her mood because she saw a program about a girl that had been raped after sneaking out to go to a party. The program did a reconstruction of what happened and the girl in the reconstruction was wearing the same little black dress Dru had wanted her parents to buy for her. Chrissy remembered Dru sobbing in her arms as she finally understood her parents reason for not letting her have the dress.

     “Your sister is in that bad a mood over this?” Chrissy asked.

     “No I’d say this is much worse than that.” Lauren frowned.

     “Wonderful, such joy.” Chrissy said sarcastically.

     “Rather you than me going in there.” Lauren grinned.

     “You’ve got all this to come one day young lady.” Chrissy pointed out to her smug looking daughter. “When you and Simon have children of your own.” Chrissy added with a giggle when she saw the look of horror appear on Lauren’s face.

     “Mummy! I’ve not even been on a date with him yet, and you already have us married with children?” Lauren said when she finally got her mouth to open and close again.

     “I still want to meet with him and find out what his intentions are towards you before I let the two of you go on this date.” Chrissy said looking all serious again.

     “You don’t need to worry about me mummy, just concentrate on helping Lianna for now.” Lauren said as she tried to play the grown up.

     “I will always worry about you Lauren, so please don’t ever ask me not to.” Chrissy said as she stood up and then gave Lauren a hug from behind as she kissed the top of her head.

     “I know that mummy, but what I mean is, I like Simon, but I’m not ready for anything more than dating right now. I want the first time I make love to be something special.” Lauren smiled up at her mother.

     “That’s nice sweetie, but it’s not helping me to stop worrying about you.” Chrissy frowned. “I am glad that you want the first time to be special though. I just hope it never comes.” Chrissy added with a grin.

     “Save the worry for your other daughter and go sort her out.” Lauren giggled as she playfully slapped her mother on the bottom as she started to walk towards the bedroom door so she could go and do battle with Lianna.

    Chrissy was giggling as she left Lauren’s room, but she soon stopped to compose herself again before she walked up the hallway to Lianna’s bedroom door and knocked on it. Chrissy entered the room when she heard Lianna tell her to come in.

    Lianna had taken a shower and was playing with her hair when Chrissy entered the room. “Hi sweetie. Everything okay?” Chrissy asked before she realised what she was saying.

     “Do you seriously expect an answer to that?” Lianna asked with a frown.

     “Sorry, I can see that something is bothering you. Care to talk about it?” Chrissy asked as she stepped behind Lianna and took over doing her hair for her.

     “No, not really mother.” Lianna gave as her answer.

     “Danielle was scared as to how we would react when we found out.” Chrissy said, not listening to Lianna’s not wanting to talk about it.

     “She could have talked to me about it.” Lianna said with a pout. “It’s not like I’d laugh at her is it.” Lianna added as she held her arms out and looked down at her own body.

     “Then why did you storm out the room once you knew about her?” Chrissy asked as she carried on doing her hair for her.

     “I thought we were friends, and she kept a secret like this from me, so I don’t think we’re as good friends as I thought.” Lianna said feeling more anger building inside her as she felt like she wanted to burst into tears again.

     “Danielle is your friend sweetie. If it wasn’t for your mom walking in on her this morning, I think you would have been the one she spoke to about it first.” Chrissy said almost pleading with Lianna to believe her.

     “Well it’s a little late to find out now, and I really don’t want to talk about her anymore, or have anything to do with her either.” Lianna said as she folded her arms across her chest as a tear ran down her cheek. “Why do I want to cry all the time?” Lianna asked as she wiped away the tears.

     “I think you better come and sit on the bed so I can explain something to you about last Sunday.” Chrissy said as she helped Lianna to her feet before leading her over to the bed and making her sit down next to her.

     “What about last Sunday?” Lianna asked looking worried now.

     “Do you remember them injections your nana Prue gave you just before she did her little bit of cosmetic surgery down there?” Chrissy asked as she pointed at Lianna’s groin.

     “Yes, Nana said they were vitamins and something to help with the pain.” Lianna said as she tried to remember what her nana Prue had said to her, but she was too excited to be having the surgery to take much notice.

     “They were hormone injections.” Chrissy came straight out and said as she looked Lianna in the eyes.

     “You all lied to me as well!?” Lianna said as she jumped up off the bed looking angry. “Does anyone tell me the truth any more, or are you all keeping me in the dark for a reason?” Lianna asked as she had to wipe away more tears.

     “No honey, your mum and I never planned to make you wait to start on the hormones, but we wanted you to think you were being punished.” Chrissy tried to explain.

     “I can’t trust any of you anymore.” Lianna said as she fell on her bed in a flood of tears. Chrissy went to stroke her back, but Lianna pulled away and then screamed at her to just leave her alone.

    Chrissy knew it was going to be a waste of time to stop and try to talk any sense into Lianna now, so she did as she was asked. “Dinner will be ready in half an hour if you want to come down for some, if you don’t, then I’ll bring you something up later.” Chrissy waited a couple of seconds to see if Lianna was going to give her an answer, but she just curled up on her bed with her back to her mother and kept on sobbing. Chrissy just wanted to go back and pull Lianna up onto her knee and hug her, but she knew it wouldn’t do any good, and would probably make things worse. Chrissy left the room and closed the door before going down to let Becky and the others know how Lianna had taken the news.

    Becky and the others weren’t surprised to hear what Chrissy said, nor were they surprised that Lianna never came down for dinner that night. Chrissy took a plate up to Lianna’s room and left it on her desk, but Lianna just lay on the bed with her back to her mother.

    Chrissy was glad when she went back for the plate later in the evening to find that Lianna had ate most of it and was now tucked up in bed fast asleep.

    Lauren had given Danielle a hug when she went down for dinner, and then had a little go at her for keeping secrets from them. Jessica and Jennifer helped clean the kitchen after dinner hoping to find out some more details, but Danielle was quiet as she helped do the clean up. They all knew that she was worried about Lianna not coming down for dinner, so none of them pushed the issue.

    Danielle went up to her room after dinner and spent the rest of the night lying on her bed listening to music and trying to read the book she’d started earlier, but she couldn’t stop thinking of how she’d totally betrayed Lianna’s trust in her. Danielle was already dressed for bed and falling asleep when Mandy poked her head round the door to see if she wanted tucking in. Seeing that Danielle was already drifting off to sleep, Mandy just went back out the room and closed the door again.

    Mandy, like Chrissy was hoping Lianna got over her mood sooner rather than later. They both thought that Lianna and Danielle really needed each other right now.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lianna and Danielle

I think that Danielle is most likely the only one that can help with Lianna right now. Lianna might feel betrayed by her parents and Danielle, but I think in the back of her mind she knows that with the way Danielle was treated in the past she would possible do the same. That not knowing about the early shots and going through the emotions is a punishment on it on, but she just needs a good night sleep I think first. Lianna just needs to sit down and talk to Danielle with Chrissy, Becky, Mandy and Carl to talk about this, I think. That is when Lianna calms down about it first. Maybe after one day Danielle will just get feed up with Lianna attitude and just go yell at her and tell her how she feels about her.

Joshlyn Amanda

Still enjoying the story

Nothing significant to add - just thought I'd let you know that I'm still enjoying the story.

S.

Yeah, if that happen....

They both run away and run into each other. Then they talk to each other about the reason for them running away. Now that would be bad and funny at the same time.

Joshlyn Amanda

Thanks Sara,

Still enjoying your story,but I wonder if Lianna will be reminded
of her subterfuge when she was still Andrew ,no different than
what Danielle has done and she at least had the backing of the
family before becoming Lianna.

ALISON

Truth!

So how long did Andrew 'lie' to his friend Simon?

Kim

Wow!

You can sure see that Chrissy anger in Lianna! No doubt who her parents are! I hope it doesn't take as long for Lianna to calm down and listen to someone, but I think Danielle will be the one to get through to her.

Wren