Two Letters

Printer-friendly version

Two Letters

by
Jonelle

Dear Jack,

I know you've always been there for me, to protect me and keep me safe from harm. I do appreciate it, I really do. It's just that I've had enough. I can't take it any more. It's way beyond time for me to have my own life. To seek the kind of happiness you've had so many years to find for yourself.

You've failed miserably, repeatedly.

It's long passed time for me to have a shot.

I deserve to at least have a chance. I've put up with all your misguided efforts. Looking in all the wrong places. All the wrong people to find anything that might be considered 'normal'. It's time for you to face the fact that it's simply not meant to be. This isn't who 'You' are, who 'We' are.

'We' are 'Me'.

Not the image that you've portrayed to the outside world for so very long. Something entirely different.

I'm not going away. I can't. I've always been here and you've always known that. That's why you've protected me. It's what you do. It's part of your/our nature. We care for the ones we Love, no matter the cost.

In this case, the cost is too high.

You've sacrificed everything and it's just not enough. I/we need more. The kind of 'connection' that can only be found with another. I've been lucky enough to find that 'other'. That connection that completes my soul. You have to let me go. You just have to if either of us are ever going to find true happiness.

Jane

Dearest Jane,

I know how much you've suffered, and it breaks my heart. Not just the fact that you've had to endure so much, but that I've been partly responsible for preventing you from being ourself.

You must understand though, that I haven't done it out of malice or contempt. All I've cared about is your safety.

It's exactly like you said, you know me to well. It's because I care. It's what 'we' do. It's part of our nature and there's no escaping it.

I understand your frustration. Trust me, I've felt plenty of it myself. You really do deserve a chance. God knows, I haven't done a whole lot with the chances I've had.

Okay, I went to school, made a decent living, bought the house, took in my brother and mother when they needed a place to stay. Yeah, that's something, but I've done absolutely nothing to achieve happiness on that level that we all crave, need, to be truly fulfilled as members of the human family.

I'm so sorry.

Jack

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I guess I'm the first to comment

And...I know that these took a lot of personal effort to write them and to let yourself say things "Out loud" as it were. Seldom do we ever get to see both sides of the person in this way. I'm breathless Jo at such a huge thing this is, I know how much it took you to write this.

I know I'm biased but, I'm proud of you and you amaze me everyday.
Love Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Reconciliation

RAMI

Hopefully, Jane and Jack can reach a satisfactory reconciliation without either one destroying their other self. The question of course is how can Jack and Jane find a satisfactory middle ground.

RAMI

RAMI

very different, but good

i like the concept. You could even expand the concept and have a series of letters as she transitions and yet tries to keep her male side "alive"

DogSig.png

The Struggle

Does being a good person always include sacrifice? These two sides are not black and white. I hope they will find the many things that they agree about and continue to co-exist.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)