Trey and Me: 5 - Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Printer-friendly version

"You look really pretty," he whispered, not having a clue that the girl he was leading down the aisle was a boy. But Grace was right, he was pretty good looking, you know in a girl likes a boy kind of way.

Seated a few aisles from the back of the church was Trey and his mother. Trey, well, he looked kind of jealous. I looked back and smiled.

"Who is that?" Tucker asked.

"My boyfriend," I whispered back. "I don't think he's thrilled my arm is around another boy's."

Trey and Me
Part 5: Something Old, Something New,
Something Borrowed, Something Blue

By Torey


 

Again I found myself staring at the mirror.

This time in a dressing room. In a church. I don't think the makeup freaked me out anymore. Jasmine, one of my fellow bridesmaids, helped me with that.

Come to think of it, all three helped me into my dress. I helped them. It was almost surreal. They didn't seemed disturbed they were changing in front of a teenage boy. They acted as if I were a girl.

"Taylor, are you about done," I heard my mother say outside of the room.

"Yes, I'm done," I said, taking another stare at the teenage girl wearing a bridesmaid dress that stared back at me from the mirror. It still amazed me.

"Grace wants you in the bridal room," mom said.

"I'm coming," I said as I walked out of the room. Walking in heels still proved quite a chore, even though I had a crash course over the last few days.

Down the hall, Grace was waiting. She was sitting on a chair in front of a mirror. She looked absolutely beautiful. Grandma Ruth was standing right next to her.

"Let me take a look at you, Shadow," she said.

"You shouldn't be worried about me," I said. "This is your big day."

"I know," she said. "But I wanted you to know how beautiful I think you are."

"Girls, I got something to give you both," Grandma Ruth said as she pulled two small boxes out of her purse.

She put a pear necklace around Grace's neck. She then put one around mine.

"I wanted to give these to my two oldest granddaughters," she said.

"I'll give mine back to you after the reception, grandma," I said. "Then you can give it to Emma on a special day."

She had a stern look on her face and shook her head no. Grace smiled.

"Taylor Diane Walker, hush that talk," she said.

"Um Grandma, that's Taylor Daniel Walker, I'm a boy, remember?"

Mom had a concerned look on her face. Grace started laughing.

"Not on this day, you're not," Grace said. "Your wedding present to me is that you're a girl today. Not a boy in a bridesmaid dress."

"Listen to your cousin," Grandma Ruth said, giving me a whack on the behind. "You're my granddaughter. You're not giving it back. It is my gift to you."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was my uncle.

"Ladies, the music is about to start, it's almost time to begin."

Ladies, I thought. Even my uncle seemed to be playing along.

I walked out and lined up behind the other bridesmaids. I locked arms with Tucker, my groomsman, when it came our time to walk down the aisle.

"You look really pretty," he whispered, not having a clue that the girl he was leading down the aisle was a boy. But Grace was right, he was pretty good looking, you know in a girl likes a boy kind of way.

Seated a few aisles from the back of the church was Trey and his mother. Trey, well, he looked kind of jealous. I looked back and smiled.

"Who is that?" Tucker asked.

"My boyfriend," I whispered back. "I don't think he's thrilled my arm is around another boy's."

Tucker led me to my spot in line with the other bridesmaids. Bill, the groom, smiled as his little brother came down bearing the rings. My little cousin Kaitlyn was the flower girl. She left a line of pedals.

I tried not to laugh as Kaitlyn stopped and waved at her parents. She was too cute.

Then came "Here Comes The Bride."

Grace was stunning as my uncle led her down the aisle. She was radiant, smiling. I have to admit, I pictured myself in her shoes, wearing that amazing dress.

The exchanging of the vows were beautiful. My heart went out to Grace as tears ran down her cheeks. They were running down mine, too, and the other bridesmaids. The guys kept their cool, although Bill looked a little nervous as he repeated his vows.

"Oh to be as passionately in love as they are," whispered Christina, one of the other bridesmaids, to me. "Our time is coming."

I hoped so, I really did.

I couldn't help but wonder, though. Would I be wearing a white, beautiful dress. Or would I be wearing a tux when that day arrives.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is very cute

I never read the earlier chapters when they were posted, but when I saw this posted I checked them out, and I'm glad I did. Very cute so far, though I would like to see more detail on why Taylor's mom is so accepting of the crossdressing, given that the character has said she was hesitant to allow it in earlier years.

Melanie E.

Perhaps

Perhaps Grace had a heart-to-heart with Mom, explaining about Taylor. The bridesmaid position might have been the final brick, showing Mom just how much of a daughter Taylor is. Doesn't hurt that Grandma is so accepting, either.

Now, I want to know about cheerleading camp! How did Taylor attend? What kind of uniform did "she" get?

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

You have done it again,

ALISON

'Torey!Quiet beautiful---but now you have three top
stories to finish and I want to read them all.Thank you
so much for such great reading.Alison.

ALISON

Trey and Me: 5

Her thoughts at the end shows just how much events are affecting her.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Will Taylor have more adventures

RAMI

Just finished Taylor's advwntures with Trey and others. I wonder if this tale will continue.

RAMI

RAMI