The Watcher - 5 - Cat and Mouse

Printer-friendly version
The Watcher
A Venus Cursed! Story
by Saless
Chapter 5 — Cat and Mouse

After that meeting Marvin was incredibly busy. He was given an office in the local field office and assigned two other agents to work with him. He moved all his notes out of his apartment and brought his agents up to date on what had happened so far. They were understandably skeptical, but the video coverage of Tiffany and the 'angel' convinced them to keep an open mind. None of them really believed that any of these events couldn't be explained scientifically, eventually.

The older of the two, Agent Peters, he assigned to keeping track of Tiffany. He hadn't talked to her since he talked her into spying on Ms. Kinsley for him, so he asked Agent Peters to introduce himself and find out what he could from her. Meanwhile, he sent Agent Mason to continue trying to find someone who would recognize either the man who threw the SUV, or the 'angel'.

Once his agents were given their tasks he was left to sort through the paper work. He had reports to write, and more information in that he had to look at about other events seen around the area. There wasn't anything as obvious as the other two, until that afternoon.

He was just getting back into the reports after lunch when he got a call from the local police. They'd been instructed to inform him of any other 'odd' occurrences. This time nobody saw what happened, but there was a Corvette on the roof of the police station! Agent Peters was still trying to track down Tiffany, and Agent Mason was busy showing pictures around, so Marvin went there himself.

When he got there there was a crowd of police officers looking at the car in wonder and muttering amongst themselves. He wasted fifteen minutes just getting everyone off the roof so he could look around. All those police officers had eradicated any tracks there might have been. The car seemed undamaged, and he could find nothing else unusual about it or on the roof. He went back below and had someone check the car for fingerprints, not that he expected to find any other than the owner and probably several police officers. He also had the owner of the car tracked down, so they could find out where it had been before it somehow ended up on the roof.

Is someone playing with us? he wondered as he drove back to his office. There's no reason to put a car up there, except maybe to show that they can do it. A crane could do the job, but not during the day without being seen! So how did they do it?! When he got back to the office he wrote up yet another report on the car, adding details as they came in.

The rest of the day was without incident. Agent Mason reported that no one had recognized the sketch of the man or the photograph of the 'angel'. Agent Peters said he'd missed Tiffany, but the recordings indicated that she had entered Sarah's apartment openly. So, she did contact Ms. Kinsley! That changes things! If we can't intimidate her into helping us, we're not going to get anywhere! he thought.


 

By the time Marvin got to his office the next day there was already another report in for him. At exactly 7:05 am., every ATM machine in the city had suddenly ejected all the money in them! No sign of tampering could be found as yet, and no one was near most of the machines when it happened. So, like all the other strange occurrences in town, they had nothing!

He sent Agent Mason to investigate the ATM machine incident, but he knew he wouldn't find anything. He was convinced now that someone was playing with them; sending them running hither and yon fruitlessly. He just couldn't figure out why!

The only other thing of note that happened that day was when Agent Peters reported back that night to say that he had confronted Tiffany and Ms. Kinsley and Ms. Keller had come out to help her and threatened to call the police. He'd left and gone to her apartment to wait for her, but she never showed. It looks like Tiffany and Sarah are a dead end, at least for now. Just like everything else! he thought.


 

The next morning was far more interesting! The first he heard of it was when he turned on the news while he was eating his breakfast. A living flame shaped like a man was walking down Main Street, setting things on fire as it went!


 To Be Continued…
 

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Are These Events

Caused by Mana, or magic users coming on line? Will be fun to find out.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interesting!

Looks like Mana is keeping Marvin busy, they won't need Erica's dad's help. If Mana keeps this up it might backfire drawing more attention to Sarah et al. How come the gang isn't aware of these happenings?

If you keep juggling Saless, you might drop a ball!

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Marvin is trying to keep it

Marvin is trying to keep it quiet.

Juggling, Kirri, whatever do...Ow!...you...Ow!...mean? Oh, that! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

As if

I would inflict pain on you Saless... Although Trish- Ann might, If you keep getting her name wrong!!

Kirri

I did it twice?!! AHH!!

I did it twice?!! AHH!! Someone shoot me already! Sorry Trish-Ann, I don't know what's gotten into me today!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

We wouldn't shoot you!

Who would finish all the stories?

Wait a minute! All the

Wait a minute! All the stories?! Now I have to finish all of them?! Mine are work enough! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Frustration

With all these strange events occurring, and absolutely no evidence whatsoever of conventional means for their causation, it looks as though Marvin & co are having an increasingly frustrating time.

Perhaps they could do with a conspiracy theorist on their team (similar to the male half of a certain famous fictional FBI duo called to investigate 'odd' phenomena)... their reports would still be as dull as ditchwater, but at least they could have fun attempting to debunk the chap's latest crackpot theory...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Would aliens figure

Would aliens figure prominently in these theories, perhaps? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Disinformation

Sarah and company could cause a bunch of weird (but harmless) things to happen that end up having a rational explanation. For instance, they could cause a few UFO sightings, then purposely crash a radio controlled UFO where it will easily be found.

If they are creative and do enough, the truly unexplainable stuff would get buried.

<conspiracy theory>
That's what the US government is doing. They are hiding the real UFOs by creating phony sightings. That keeps the investigators busy. They are spending so much time messing with the phony sightings that they aren't paying proper attention to the real thing.
</conspiracy theory>

(hardy har har snicker)