The Watcher - 7 - Agent Messenger

Printer-friendly version
The Watcher
A Venus Cursed! Story
Chapter 7 — Agent Messenger
by Saless

There was still plenty of work for Marvin to do, so he decided to try again later. That was forgotten after a phone call a few minutes later. It was a friend of the psychic he gave his card to. Apparently some friends of her's were having trouble with someone who had managed to craft some kind of magic wand that shot fire. The wand had been destroyed, but the man who made it was on the loose.

She didn't know anything but his first name, but directed him to a magic shop whose owner is active in the magical community. Magical community? How do we not know about this? he wondered as he drove to the shop.

When he arrived he half expected to find magical symbols all over the building or something, but it was nothing unusual. Inside were books, candles, and various paraphernalia. He would have thought it was all a sham, if not for his recent experiences. Even so, he found it hard to believe much of it could be real. Surely everyone would know about it if this stuff really worked? he thought.

A young woman's voice brought him out of his thoughts, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"My name is Marvin Garner. Someone asked me to come here and talk to Charlotte?" Marvin said.

"Okay, she's over there at the register." she said, pointing further into the shop.

Marvin thanked her and walked over to where an older woman was standing at the register talking to a customer. He waited until the customer left and said, "Hello, I'm Special Agent Marvin Garner. I was told you might have some information on a...Nathaniel?"

The woman paled and looked to see if anyone was nearby before saying, "Yes, we need your help. He's been causing a lot of trouble, and we have reason to believe he is going to kill someone. Someone you know can help, but I don't know who she is."

"Someone I know? What are you talking about?" Marvin said in surprise.

She shrugged, "I don't know who it is, or I'd contact her myself. I just know it's someone you know, because you've been watching her." She looked over his shoulder and he turned to see the girl approaching that had directed him to Charlotte. "Tina, this is Agent Garner. Tina's my granddaughter."

"Hi." she said shyly.

"Hello Tina." he said, and turned back to Charlotte, "I think I know who you mean, but how is she supposed to prevent Nathaniel from killing someone?"

Charlotte shrugged, "I don't know. I just know she can."

"And how do you know that? How do you know he's going to kill someone, for that matter?" Marvin asked.

"Well, a friend of mine is a seer. She had a vision. If we didn't contact you, and this woman through you, then he would kill her. But if we do, she'll be safe. We don't know how she's saved, only that she is." Charlotte said.

"That's rather vague. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to talk to her. I've been planning on doing so anyway. I don't suppose, in return for this favor, that you'd be willing to tell me a little more about this seer?" Marvin said.

"I'll let her know you're interested in talking to her, but that's the best I can do. You must understand, people aren't ready to know that magic is real. And those with magical abilities are, at least for the most part, not strong enough to protect themselves from the fearful." Charlotte said.

Marvin nodded, "I can understand that. I've already helped the person you want to meet to keep their abilities a secret once. If your friend doesn't want to talk to me, I'll understand. But you should know that I'm in charge of a new division of the FBI charged with investigating paranormal phenomenon. I'm not interested in exposing people with abilities. In fact, I'm looking to make as many contacts as I can, as it's obviously only a matter of time until I have to deal with someone else like this Nathaniel. If you could give me more information on him, I could find him myself."

Charlotte shook her head, "Judging from my friend's vision, it's very doubtful that you would find him in time. But I'll let my friends know what you've said and perhaps they'll contact you."

"I suppose that will have to be good enough." Marvin said with a sigh. I guess it's understandable they're a little paranoid. I suppose I would be too, in their shoes. "Should I direct this person to come here?"

"Yes, I think that would be best." Charlotte agreed.

Marvin nodded and said goodbye to Charlotte, stopping to nod to her granddaughter on the way out. It looks like this woman may be something of a nexus for this 'magical community'. She, and perhaps even her granddaughter if she lives with her, may know a great deal. Better not to push my luck, though. They are an understandably skittish group.

He went straight to Sarah's apartment. As he was walking towards the door he saw a tall woman with silvery white hair wearing an odd outfit of a similar color to her hair come out. She didn't seem to notice him, but almost as soon as the door was closed she vanished! He looked all around, but there was no sign of her at all. Figures. Nothing's normal around this woman. he grumbled to himself.


To Be Continued…


up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Watcher

Wow, that was a long break between chapters.
Thanks for continuing this storyline!

M

Martina

If you think that's bad,

If you think that's bad, just wait until I get the seventh chapter of Pass On What You Have Learned done. Now there's a long break! ;)

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

The Watcher - 7 - Agent Messenger

Thanks for tying in the stories.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You don't know the half of

You don't know the half of it! The story lines get so tied in here they become quite tangled for a bit! ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Tantilizing!

Glad your still expanding Sarah's universe. I have but one complaint. IT IS TOO SHORT!

I was wondering how you were going to get Charlotte and Tina hooked into Sarah's Tale. I hope the follow-up episodes don't take as long to be posted. This is and was a fine series of stories.

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's always too short! ;)

More is coming soon. Venus Cursed! chapter 113 is done, and linked to three side story chapters, including this one! The biggest problem I had with posting this was deciding which one would go first!

Thanks Trish Ann, I'm glad you're still enjoying my little story. Sorry it took me so long to get it back up and running.

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Three side stories?

Let's see - Marvin's involved, so as you said, one's "The Watcher".
Mana's involved, so that's "Who Watches The Watcher".
And of course Tina and Charlotte are involves, so that's "Toil and Trouble".

That must be interesting, writing the same events from four different points of view...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Yeah, it is. On the one

Yeah, it is. On the one hand, it's really easy because I can use a lot of copy and paste. On the other, I have to remember to make some changes to what I copy or it doesn't fit the perspective! ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Connecting

Kool connecting chapter that helped pulled everything together. So very nice to more of this unique universe of yours too! Go Saless! Yay!

Lol!
Hugs!

Grover

Thanks, I rather liked how

Thanks, I rather liked how the three side stories were linked with the main story in this chapter, too. ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

One thing can be said

Tina and Charlotte are certainly not dilly-dallying! Dearie, would you like to take an example in them? ^_~

Oh, and what do you think about Sarah using Google Earth to find portal destinations?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Hi Sales,

Since my memory really sucks and it's been a long time.....

> I'm in charge of a new division of the FBI charged with investigating paranormal phenomenon <

Were there a lot of X Files jokes? Mulder and Scully? Anyone remember? :-D

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee