Professor Prick 19 - An Error of Judgement

Printer-friendly version

His face moves close to my ear whispering,

“This is it bitch, Lesley chucked me after our last little meeting and I’ve not had the pleasure of any female company since” his hand over my mouth as he spoke. “So me and you are going inside to have some fun, I’ve god bags of seed saved up and I’m going to empty it into you, every hole you’ve got, by the time I’m finished with you, you’ll be begging for more rather than have it off with that little pussy you married, so move”


 
The next few months’s after Mum’s wedding flew in, our Chemist opened on schedule and after a slow start business was beginning to pick up. The completion of the two housing estates nearby helped and with lots of young couples moving in medicine and supplies for babies was in high demand. Eddie graduated from University which we all attended and worked in the Chemist at weekends while during the week he worked away in his own private lab, on what I had no idea, but he was committed and kept talking of getting that big discovery that would make us rich. I was not that bothered as the money Eddie had inherited gave us a comfortable living combined with the takings from the shop and the rent from our second shop unit we were doing well.
 
 
In late September Mum had a surprisingly easy birth and Nikki had a little sister called Melanie to spoil and help look after. Robert was thrilled as his previous marriage had brought no children and even though he had always said that he thought of me as his own I could see Melanie was something special to him. My mum’s delivery though made me wonder if me and Eddie would ever have children. Before you all shout impossible, well I know it is but maybe we could adopt or have a surrogate child. I tentatively brought the subject up one night Eddie was not dismissive but wanted to wait so I shelved the idea for the time as we had only been married a year and still wanted as much time too ourselves as possible as a couple so I was quite happy with that. Another Christmas came and rolled by, but this year there was more of a family feel to it, with only month’s old Melanie being spoiled with gifts even although she was too young to realise it we all made a special effort and as adults do made excuses that it was for the child when indeed a sizable amount of the pleasure was for our own benefit.
 
 
The year closed and on we went the business was getting busier and a construction of a new housing estate had begun just up the road so extra business was a strong possibility. We hired another shop assistant to help out. One morning in early February I got a call from a tearful Carol asking me to call round, so later that day with the shop closed and Eddie busy in his lab I drove over to see her.

“Come in” she said through tears.

“Help yourself to a drink” I poured a glass of wine and sat down as she tossed me over a pack of cigarettes I took one and lit up.
“What’s up” I asked.

“I’m pregnant” she said as tears began to flow.

“Oh that’s great is Mike pleased” I asked, she’d been seeing this new guy since autumn last year and they seemed happy.

“Mike’s fucking married” she said as the tears welled up.

“Oh honey, I’m sorry” I said standing up and crossing to sit with her I hugged her

“Needless to say he’s not interested”

“So what you going to do” I asked.

“Don’t know” she answered, I got up and poured her a drink and filled up my own glass

“You could always get a termination” I said.

“No chance I don’t believe in abortion” she said snappily.

“Well I guess your going to be a mum then”

“Looks that way, could you stay the night I need somebody here,”

“Eh sure, I’ll just phone Eddie” I said leaving the room I called home and explained to Eddie.

“That’s ok babes see you in the morning say hello to Carol for me, she really does know how to pick the shit men,”

“Yeah doesn’t she just, I’ll see you in the morning sleep well”

“And you” Eddie said and we hung up. A few glasses of wine later we both hit the sack for the night hoping thing’s would be better in the morning. Next morning Carol felt a bit better and was resigned to the fact that she was going to be a single mum, I promised to be there for her at every stage as a friend would, and left her with a hug promising to go to the doctor’s with her later that week for her first appointment.
 
 
Back home Eddie rushed to meet me as I entered the house.

“Babes you need to read these” he said handing me two letters. The first letter was from a company called Univer and the second from a company called CK Industries the content of both letters were much the same,

“Thank you for sending us your research we were interested in your findings and would like the opportunity to discuss it with you further” both letters had appointment times at two venues in London in early April.

“What’s this all about” I asked.

“Well I’ve been doing some research on an oil dispersal agent” and I sent down some information to four companies these two want to talk to me about it, this could be our big break” he said hugging me.

“A what” I said.

“You know oil tanker crashes, leaks oil, causes natural disaster, well I’ve been working on a foam that you would spray on the oil that would break it up and disperses it limiting damage”

“Oh” I said most of it beyond me.

“Let’s celebrate” he continued “I’m taking you out to lunch” so after a quick change we headed out for a spot of lunch Eddie tried to explain more to me about his work but to be honest is was a bit above my head so I just listened and nodded as I thought appropriate but I had this feeling that something was about to change!
 
 
By the middle of the next week a third company had appeared on the scene and had arranged an appointment in Edinburgh for late March. So as I kept the shop going with orders and the day to day running of the shop, keeping accounts up to date and the 101 other thing’s a shop owner has to do. Eddie worked away in his lab to all hours trying to put together a presentation for his interviews with the three companies while do further work on the product he hoped to sell to them. So we saw little of each other over the next couple of weeks I was usually asleep when Eddie came back from the lab having been in the shop all day and Eddie was usually fast asleep when I got up in the morning to open up. So as women do I began to feel neglected.

Just before Eddie’s first appointment in March I was working one Tuesday lunchtime stocking some shelves while our two assistants dealt with the customers. It was a bright sunny day the sun reflecting on the glass shop front the glare making it hard to see from where I was anyone entering the shop, I heard the small bell ring above the door signifying another customer I had my back to the door I only glanced slightly in that direction as the door closed.

Finishing what I was doing I turned to walk back to the counter, then I heard the voice, stopping in my tracks, the voice was unmistakably that of Gordy! I stopped behind the display rack hoping that he would not see me, waiting for him to go. For some reason having purchased what he came in for he turned and came straight down the isle I was standing in, I was like a rabbit in headlights as he moved towards me brushing past as he did a slight smirk on his face as he passed and left the shop. Panic stricken I went straight through the back and grabbing my cigarettes went out the rear entrance to the shop and lit up. He had been dressed in builder’s clothes so I guessed that he was working on the new housing development up the road nervously puffing on my cigarette I cursed our luck that was all we needed.
 
 
Each day after that was nerve racking would he come back in, as the rest of the week passed there was no sign and I began to relax a bit maybe he hadn’t recognised me, my style had changed a bit since my last encounter with him and I had also dyed it a deeper blonde with some dark streaks. Not wishing to upset Eddie I kept Gordy’s visit to the shop a secret so on the Monday of the following week keen to be away from the shop I joined Eddie on a day trip to Edinburgh to attend his first interview.

The company in question was a German company called Bavar Chemicals the meeting was in a rather plush Edinburgh city centre hotel so while Eddie went to meet with them I did some window shopping on Princes Street before going into the same diner that my mother had brought me to all that time ago when I was just starting out. Sitting there smoking a cigarette with some coffee I thought about the change in me, before there had been a nervous teenager sitting sacred that everyone would know that he was a boy, now sat an attractive woman who men admired and desired.

Putting out the cigarette I finished my coffee and walked over to the counter to pay exiting the café. I climbed the short flight of stairs to the main street and headed off to meet Eddie. Looking at my watch I noted it had been two hours since we had parted so surely he was finished his interview by now. I approached the Hotel and entered asking at reception where the interviews were taking place.

“Are you here for an Interview” the receptionist asked.

“No it’s my husband, Edward Wilson” I told her.

“Oh yes he’s still with them yet, can you have a seat over there, he shouldn’t be much longer” she said pointing to a leather settee by the window.

“Can I get you anything while you wait” she asked.

“Eh a glass of wine would be nice, thank you” I said.

“No problem madam I’ll get a waiter to bring it over to you.” The waiter approached with my wine.

“Is it ok to smoke” I asked.

“Yes madam” he replied as I paid him for the drink and reached for my bag, as I lit the cigarette Eddie appeared.

“How’d it go” I asked rising out of my seat and kissing him on the cheek.

“Not bad, I think their interested but I wasn’t all that impressed with their offer” he said, catching the eye of the waiter he ordered a drink for himself.

“You have fun” he asked.

“Oh just a bit of window shopping and a coffee,”

“So you went window shopping and never bought shoes” he asked with a smirk.

“Hey you cheeky” I said.

“Well that’s usually what you come back with” he said with a silly grin on his face.

“Well I never bought a thing” I said “Ok let’s finish these drink’s and go for a meal before we go home” he said, picking up my glass I drained the drink and we stood up and left the hotel hand in hand.
 
 
A week later Eddie received an offer from Bavar he contacted them and explained that he had two other interested parties and he would let them know after the other interviews. So the days passed and finally Eddie was getting packed up to go to London that night. One interview was scheduled for the Wednesday and the other for Friday, Eddie was travelling down Tuesday night and would be flying back early on the Saturday morning. He had asked me to go with him but I declined as one of our shop assistants had just resigned to go to University so we were a bit short handed. So after dinner on the Tuesday evening I drove Eddie into Glasgow to catch his flight a quick hug and kiss in the car I wished him well and drove home the next couple of days were going to be lonely without him.
 
 
Wednesday went quickly and at night I went over to Carol’s to see how she was getting on. It had only been a couple of days since I had last seen her but she had really started to sprout.

“My you are beginning to show” I said as we sat in the living room.

“Well I am nearly four month’s” she said.

“Any contact from that bastard Mike” I asked.

“Yeah he phoned me the other night to ask if I was ok,”

“I hope you told him where to go” I said.

“Something like that the word began with an F anyway” she said, we both laughed.

“So are you keeping ok” I asked.

“Yeah I’ve been fine got another doc’s appointment tomorrow, could you drive me over” she asked with a pleading look on her face.

“When is it?”

“About three” she said.

“Yeah ok I’ll take a late lunch and pick you up around 2.30 ok”

“Thanks babe I owe you” she said. For the rest of the night we sat girly chatting until it was time for me to head home.
 
 
Thursday I was awake early the empty space next to me a reminder of Eddie’s absence. I rang his Hotel and got them to put me through to his room no reply. Looking at the clock it was just before nine in the morning probably at breakfast I thought as I sat at the breakfast bar with a steaming hot cup of coffee and pulled a cigarette from the pack. Flicking the lighter to life I poked the cigarette into it and the familiar menthol fumes filled my mouth. I’ll call him later I thought as I heard the morning paper being pushed through the letter box. Getting up I went to retrieve it, back in my seat I poured through the usual stories of crime or war interspersed by the odd story of cheer that is all too familiar these days. Finishing my coffee I rose and went to upstairs to get dressed, I still had time for a shower as the shop does not open till ten on a Thursday as we stay open later at night.

Thirty minutes later I was downstairs dressed and leaving the house. Opening the door and window shutters I pushed them up and then unlocked the door. Inside I flipped on the lights and went to cash up the till, going through the back I opened the safe and took out some notes and some change counting it and making a note on the desk ledger how much I had taken out I returned to the front shop and opened the till pouring in the coins and the notes, a knock at the window startled me slightly but looking up I saw Rachel our assistant and Ryan the pharmacist waiting to be let in both had been pretty chummy recently and I figured that there were seeing each other in some way. Exiting the counter I walked to the door and let them in.

“Morning, have a nice night” I asked.

“Yeah great” Rachel said casting a glance at Ryan, yeah there’s definitely something going on I thought

“What about you” Ryan asked.

“Oh just went and visited my friend Carol, nothing special, buy the way she has a Doctor’s appointment today and I need to take a late long lunch, ok” I said as we put on our white coats and went out to open up for the day.

“Yeah no problem” Rachel replied.
 
 
The morning was slow with not much trade it had been raining steadily all day and it was pretty cool for the time of year. Around twelve I let Rachel go for lunch telling, an hour later Rachel returned and as Ryan closed up the Pharmacy to go and get his lunch I went upstairs to get changed. Dropping my coat on the bed I took of my denim skirt and white blouse and tossed them in the washing basket which was gradually filling.

“Damn I need to get going” I said talking to myself as I put on a short black leather skirt with a two inch slit at the top of the right leg. From the drawers I took out a red cotton lycra top with a low back the elastic front just covering above my chest, I freshened up my make up and put on a pair of gold hoop earring’s and a gold bangle. It was still raining so I picked up my black leather stiletto boots and pulled them on pulling the zips up; taking a small clutch purse dropping the car keys my lighter cigarettes and lipstick into the bag. I pulled on my short leather jacket fastening the zip half way up; I pulled in the belt to hug it to my waist. A few minutes later I was in the car and pulling out of the car park to get Carol.

I pulled into her street tossing the almost finished cigarette out of my rolled down window as I parked outside her house, honking the horn to announce my arrival. A couple of minutes later she emerged and we set off. Just under ninety minutes later I was on my way back to the shop, the appointment had gone well and the doctor was pleased with her progress, although worried about what the future held for her I think she was also excited at the prospect of having a child. Parking I opened the car and stepped out crossing the forecourt I went into the house picking up my shop coat from the bed I went back downstairs.

“Sorry guys, took a bit longer than expected” I said as I entered the shop taking of my jacket and putting it in the office I pulled on the white coat and buttoned it up.

“We been busy” I asked.

“Ok but not as busy as usual, rain must be keeping people indoors” Rachel said.

“Yeah looks like it’s here to stay for the day, look why don’t you knock off at five” I asked her.

“Eh well I could but I’d need to come back as Ryan gave me a lift this morning” she looked over at Ryan.

“That ok if I go do some shopping, and then come back,”

“Yeah no problem” he said smiling at her.
 
 
Five o’clock came and went just after seven I asked Ryan if he would watch the shop give me a call if anyone came in so that I could go and do some paper work in the office. I grabbed a can of coke from the shop and went through to the office taking of my coat I put it over a chair and sat down opening the can and taking a drink before picking up the ledgers and starting to complete some stock sheets for next week. Once they were finished and the orders ready I switched on the PC and logged in.

Locating our suppliers Internet page I accessed it and began to feed in our order with that complete logged out of the Net and opened our Accounts folder taking the last two night’s takings figures I entered them to our accounts and recalculated the spreadsheet, thing’s were looking good we were on course for another profit this month, the figures were even better than I thought but I suppose they were over inflated as we were one assistant down just now after Tracy had gone back to University. I heard Ryan calling, switching of the computer I picked up my coat and put it back on to return to the shop.

Walking out into the shop I stopped dead in my tracks standing there with dirty jeans and mud spattered shirt was Gordy. Nervously I approached the counter.

“Erh can I help you sir”

“Yea can I have these please” he said picking up a pack of six condoms from the display and handing them to me along with a can of Irn Bru (Scottish soft carbonated drink)

“Ok that’ll be  £3.50 sir” I said popping the condoms in a paper bag and handing them and the can back to him. Taking his money I rang up the till and picked up his change, dropping 50p in the display as my hand shook.

“Oh sorry” I said.

“No problem” he said retrieving it and turning to leave. He went out the door and disappeared from sight, I slowly followed him to the window and watched as he walked along the path and started up the incline back to the main road. Looking at the clock I noted it was just gone half seven, good he’s going home I said to myself and he never recognised me.
 
 
Another half hour and it was time to close up Rachel had arrived back 15 minutes ago and was busy showing Ryan her purchases while took today’s takings from the till and went through to the office to count them and make up a float for the morning. Ryan popped his head in to say goodnight and I followed him through and locked the door behind him, before returning to the office. I counted the takings arranging the notes into bundles and bagging up coins before logging the entries in the books and on to the spreadsheet. Figures were a bit down on a normal Thursday but then it had been a horrible day for the time of year. I took some bags of coins and topped up the float for the morning and then returned the till tray to the till. I put out the lights and went back to the office picked up my bag and leather jacket put it on and walked back to the front door. Opening the door I stepped outside and locked it behind me pulling down the aluminum shutters on door and main window and locking them in place.

The car park was empty as I turned to start and walk towards the front door my high heeled boots clicking on the cobbles, a noise behind me running footsteps I half turn a fist catches me on the temple knocking me back against the wall my face scraping the concrete, stunned I try to turn but feel hands pushing me against the wall as I drop my bag, a hand reaches down and pulls the loose leather belt free from my jacket.

“Gimme your hands bitch” I freeze unmistakably Gordy’s voice he pulls my hands down wrapping the belt around them knots it tying my hands behind my back, I can feel a small trickle of blood run down my cheek as he crushes me into the wall.
His face moves close to my ear whispering,

“This is it bitch, Lesley chucked me after our last little meeting and I’ve not had the pleasure of any female company since” his hand over my mouth as he spoke. “So me and you are going inside to have some fun, I’ve god bags of seed saved up and I’m going to empty it into you, every hole you’ve got, by the time I’m finished with you, you’ll be begging for more rather than have it off with that little pussy you married, so move” He grips my arm bending slightly to pick up my bag, he edges me to the door, reaching it he grips my tied wrists with one hand and fumbles with the clasp of the bag to open it and get the keys.
 
 
Then it happened I heard a voice a smack and then his hands released my wrists turning I see some well built guy grab Gordy from the floor and strike him again, a boot aimed at his crotch connects and he buckles writhing on the floor. Pulling me towards him he unties the belt and free’s my wrists.

“Let’s get inside and call the cops” he says handing me my bag I open it with shaking fingers finding the keys I fumble them into the lock and open the door he follows me in and we close the door locking it I turn towards him,

”Thanks” I say reaching up I feel an abrasion to my cheek.

“Let’s phone the police” he says.

“No don’t” I say.

“Why not,”

“Look go in there and make yourself a drink, while I clean up my face” I ask pointing to the lounge.

“Ok your call” he says.

I went to the bath room and examined my face there was a little bruising beginning to form on my cheek a small cut and some grazing. I took some antiseptic from the cabinet and dabbed some on with a cotton wool ball wiping away a little dried blood. The wound started to bleed a little more and I covered it with a plaster before tossing the cotton wool into the toilet and flushing it away. Opening the door I walked back downstairs and into the lounge picking up my bag I opened it and took out my cigarettes nervously putting one in my mouth I flicked the lighter and inhaled deeply.

“You ok, I still don’t understand why you don’t want to call the cops,” I took another deep drag of my cigarette and blew a cloud of smoke to the ceiling, keeping the cigarette dangling in my mouth I unscrewed the top of a bottle of brandy and poured a large measure into a glass, downing it in one I poured another and crossed back to the dining table picking up an ashtray as I went.

“Look thanks for the help but it’s complicated, he’s an ex-boyfriend he’s already beat up my husband once” I said lying slightly as I crushed out one cigarette and reached for another.

“But he was going to rape you” he said.

“No he wouldn’t” I lied he was just trying to scare me, we used to play bondage games” I lied again.

“Oh well it’s your choice”

“Thanks look I never caught your name” I asked “Derek, Derek Hood” he replied.

“Well thanks Derek for everything would you mind having a look outside see if he’s gone” I asked “Yeah no problem give me five” he said putting down his drink and heading for the front door.

“Thanks” I replied.
 
 
I watched as he went his strong muscles rippling under his tight tee shirt, broad athletic thigh’s and a tight arse as he walked away. I rose and went to have another drink the brandy warm and settling in my stomach but beginning already to have an affect on my brain.

Downing that one I poured another,

“Christ Nikki get a grip” I said to myself just as Derek appeared back in the lounge.

“He’s gone, no sign of him anywhere, I checked round the back the bridge he’s nowhere to be seen” he said picking up his drink and draining the last of the can of lager.

“Thanks look this might sound strange but would you mind sleeping on the settee tonight, I’m still quite jumpy, I would have driven over to my mum’s, but I’ve had too many of these” I said holding up my glass.

“I don’t know I’m supposed to be meeting my girlfriend tonight”

“Oh, ok” I said then I began to shake and tears began to flow he moved towards me and put a comforting arm around my shoulders I could feel his muscles as he guided me towards the settee.

“Here sit down, I’ll get you another drink” moving away he poured another glass as I lit yet another cigarette.

Returning he sat beside me handing me the glass

“Thanks” I said wiping my tears away with my hand, mascara marking my fingers “I must look a mess” I said.

“No you look fine under the circumstances” he said. He reached over and moved some hair away from my forehead I sucked on the tip of my cigarette and looked up noticing for the first time his enticing hazel eyes.

“It’s ok if you can’t stay I’ll be fine” I said rising to get up Derek also getting up at the same time I took a drag from the cigarette and bent to crush it out in the ashtray as I tried to straighten up the alcohol must have took effect and I went dizzy and staggered, Derek caught me in his strong arms I looked up.

“Thanks I’m a bit tipsy” I said as I looked up straight into his face, I moved forward my lips engaging his my tongue probing for an entrance he responded his muscular arm encircling my waist and pulling me too him my arm slipping round his neck increasing the pressure on the kiss. I could feel his hand snake on to my thigh my other hand finding his thigh and moving to his groin, Christ he was big as I found his erect and bulging cock as we continued to kiss his hand now on my arse cheek. Then my mind snapped back into gear I broke the kiss my arm leaving his neck and my hand moving away from his groin.

“Oh Derek I’m sorry that shouldn’t have happened I’m married” he still held me round the waist but his other hand had moved from under my skirt. “I don’t know what I was thinking of, it must be the alcohol or all that went on tonight, I shouldn’t have tried to lead you on like that” he took his arm away.

“Your right, I was maybe taking advantage of the situation as well, I’m never really like this with women usually take ages to get round to the physical side but your such a gorgeous woman Nikki, look I better go” he said moving away towards the door I followed him as he left the front door I said.

“Derek I’m really grateful for your help tonight you saved my life” as he turned back to me.

“Glad to be of service now you take care now and if you do decide to involve the cops get in touch I’m working at the building site up the road,”

“Ok I will” and with that he was gone.

Twenty minutes later I was in a taxi and heading to mums my head all over the place and in tears, on arrival I explained the bruise as getting a bit drunk with Carol and falling, that seemed to be accepted and after calling Carol to ask her to back me up explaining I would tell her later what happened I was back in my old room on a camp bed in what was now Melanie’s room.


 
To Be Continued...

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nikki Needs To

Learn som self defense skills. But all in all, quite a good chapter.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Minor Transgression

joannebarbarella's picture

In the circumstances I think Nikki can be forgiven. Keep 'em coming Karin,
Joanne