A Glass Half-Full (Prologue)

Printer-friendly version

(Removed to make Glass available via Kindle Unlimited)

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting concept

Angharad's picture

a prologue halfway through a story, don't know if it will catch on.

Angharad

Angharad

Filling in gaps...

Puddintane's picture

The problem with re-examining a story with minor revisions in mind is that sometimes we see the need for something more. We're all works in progress, stories most of all. I think it shows courage to just do it, without apology or dithering. I see the author's name has been revised as well.

Cheers,

Puddin'

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Prologue

I actually posted the prologue first, but its the first time I've used the author features on the site and when I set up the chapters and such; I used the prologue entry as the 'title page.' It was accessible to read through the links at the bottom of the chapters, by using the 'previous' entry on chapter 1, but not directly from the chapter menu on the side of the page. I went back in and set up a real title page and fixed the prologue so its accessible directly. That's the reason the prologue 'seems' to be added only now... that's just an illusion though. :)

As to author name... well, I'm me... but I had a few PM's asking if I was posting on Kristin's behalf, so I thought I'd clear that up.

"Endo"-logue???

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hi Kristin,

I also find the concept of prologue posted after chapter 4, unique. Now that you have explained it, it has lost much of its charm though.

Thank you, this really helps bring the whole story together.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Okay... I definitly read this

Okay... I definitly read this story before. Did you also post it on Saphire's place? It is as awesome as I remember. Much foreshadowing but not very much information keeps me captivated and awaiting the next chapter. The only real problem with this chapter is the second paragraph, the real beginning of this story. These 200 words of pure description are something the reader has to force him or herself through before the captivating stuff begins. I'd suggest you begin this with a bang. Maybe have David avoid the ball because he'd been distracted or something.

Everything else is pretty much awesome so far.

Thanky you for writing,
Beyogi