A Glass Half-Full (Chapter 3)

Printer-friendly version

(Removed to make Glass available via Kindle Unlimited)

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WOW!

Simply - WOW!

But why is the wife of a doctor driving a beat-up Caddy?

KJT


"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid."
Sir Charles Panther


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Ahh, the connection

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hey K-os,

Thanks for answering my question with this chapter. Though I'm not happy, caving in so quickly, I think the net has passed under me.

I guess I just hate to admit total defeat before I know how many chapters before the story will be complete.

Please please please, keep posting them as quickly as possible?

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Excellent!

Thanks for posting a great story. Can't wait to see the next installment.

Dawn's V.W, Beetle

Reminds me of the most famous that starred in the Wal Disney 'Herbie' movies. Herbie The love Bug starred in sevaral movies. In the last one, he helped a young woman become the first NASCAR Ladies Champion. I hope that Dawn's Beetle is as good.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Let's hope there are a LOT

... more chapters as my understanding from Crystal Hall you will only be adding two more chapters beyond the current nine (9) chapters. I would NOT be offended if the story was longer than eleven (11) chapters ! *hint hint*

Kim

There aren't many beyond the

There aren't many beyond the previous nine... in this book. The concept as originally planned was three books, though not all focused on the same characters. But story concepts are like battlefield strategy, they only last until the first contact with the enemy; then everything changes.

Cool !

More books works too :).

Thanks again ( from one of your earliest fans :) - you were very kind enough to allow me to see a preview version before posting to Sapphire's one time :).

Kim

Catching up on comments

terrynaut's picture

I had some recent problems with my browser or something but I'm posting a comment now. :)

I love the healing scene!

The shopping was nice. It was not only fun, it made sense for the plot. Any excuse, right? Woo hoo! :)

I've already read chapter 4 so off I go to post another comment.

Thanks and please keep posting. :)

- Terry

You've done the scene after

You've done the scene after the crash very good. The stuff that happened before was somewhat confusing though, I'm not sure if that was intended.

The peeing scene was good too. You mentioned the difference, but didn't make a drama out of something simple. You also don't mention the wiping direction, good.

Suddenly Diane is written third perso, which is really strange since you wrote her first person in the first chapter. I like the way you introduce David with his pupil. The way you deal with creepy guy is kind of forced though. How does David know he has any bad intentions? Empathy? I mean considering that many females use creepy as a synonym for unatractive that doesn't say much in itself.

The second shopping tour is way cooler than the first because there is actual interaction with people. It feels less like a stats list in a computer game and more like the real thing. Maybe the first was male shopping and the second was female... no idea.

This chapter was a return to awesome. There were a few meh parts, but those are kind of hard to avoid.

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

the healing was...

very well done. i've heard of some similar but not exactly like that before. Have you read Jo Clayton's diadem series? her main character was a high level psionic. she found out that if she ran her healing force through herself it would cleanse her of fatigue toxins. sound like what Dawn did to herself. this has been great so far, thanks

An interesting tradition

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Before I'd found my calling as a Guardian, I'd believed that one day I'd be a modern day Taliesin, a bard. There wasn't much information on that path, though, except that it traditionally was taught from master to apprentice and took three times seven years. Seven years to learn the art of producing music, seven years of serving the music on the road, and seven years to mix the music with the magic.

Seamus Ennis is reputed to have also said that it takes three times seven years to become an Uilleann piper: seven years learning, seven years practicing, seven years playing. Wonder if this concept has roots in some tradition? Three and seven are also regarded as magical numbers all around the world…

From what I've found, yes

It shows up in some of the old mythology around the bard as someone with power beyond just music, often associated with Faerie. It's also tied into the Taliesin legends and their connection to Merlin, so shows up in Arthurian based fiction some. And yes, three and seven are very commonly associated with power... though not as often as 5 and 13. The only low prime that isn't often considered that way is 11.