Manimal Part 5

Printer-friendly version

New Market Exchange, Charlotte, North Carolina:
Stacy moves around quietly as she survey the situation at the exchange, they had been called in to help with. She spotted four men dressed in black outfits wearing SWAT style body armor. They were loaded down with AR 15’s and hand grenades. They had enough ammo on them to hold off the SWAT team for hours.

She noticed that they had taken four of the hostages and strung them up by their ankles and had them hanging upside down in front of the huge glass windows. She moves quickly over towards the front door and notices they had it rigged with explosives. She had spotted the back door to the place had been rigged with explosives as well.

Several of the hostages were wearing explosive vest. She couldn’t see how they were rigged, but the vest had ball bearings covering the vest. Several of the safe deposit boxes had been blown open.

“Spirit, these guys are professionals. The doors are rigged with explosives and the hostages are wearing explosive vest with ball bearings covering the vest. There are four hostages hanging upside down blocking the windows.”

“What is their escape plan?” Spirit was wondering how the men inside were planning on escaping.

“I don’t know.” Stacy was moving around looking for how these men were going to escape.

She spots two men in the back of the exchange. She watches them as they use some sort of hi-tech looking weapon to burn through the floor. As they finish cutting through the floor, she watches as they drop a rope ladder down the hole.

“Spirit, there are two guys dropping a rope ladder down a hole they cut into the exchange floor. I’m going to follow them.” Stacy waits until the two men drop down into the hole, before following them.

She changes forms and drops down into the dark hole and spot the two men, talking to two other men. She gets closer, so she can hear what they are talking about. She was glad that the animal she changed into blended into the darkness surrounding them.

“Spirit, can you see what I’m seeing?” Stacy knew Spirit could look through her eyes while in animal form.

“Yes.” Spirit was seeing what Stacy was seeing.

Pollux looks at Spirit “what’s going on inside, Spirit?”

“The doors are rig with explosives, they have four hostages hanging by their ankles in the front windows and explosives vest on some of the hostages covered in ball bearings.” Spirit was relaying everything Stacy was seeing.

“How about the men themselves?” Beverly was curious about what they would be facing off against.

“They are armed with AR 15 with enough ammo to hold Swat off for a while. Plus, they have hand grenades.” Spirit was surprised by what Stacy was relaying back to him.

“Damn! We can’t get in there without them setting off those explosives.” Dingo was hoping they might be able to overcome everyone.

“Actually, there is a way we can do this without setting those explosives off, Dingo. We use your ability to knock out everyone.” Beverly was
thinking about Dingo’s ability to turn into anything he touches or encounter.

A confused look appears on Dingo’s face. He had no idea what Beverly was talking about.

Spirit shakes his head “Dingo, what Beverly is saying. Is that since you can become whatever substance you touch or encounter. You could turn into a cloud of knockout gas and gas the place.”

“Oh!” An evil smile appears on Dingo’s face.

He liked the idea of turning into a gas that knocks people out. The thing is, he needs to be exposed to it first, before he could become it.

“Where are we going to get the gas?” Dingo looks at Pollux and Beverly for an answer.

“From the SWAT officers.” Spirit figures they had some on them.

“The thing is, how are we going to get Dingo into the exchange?” Beverly was looking towards the building.

“I think I know.” Spirit contacts Stacy through their mental link.

Inside The Tunnel:
Stacy was watching the four guys as they prepared to depart down the tunnel. She feels Spirit contacting her “what’s up Spirit?”

“Do you know where the tunnel entrance is?”

“Uhm, nope. I’ve been watching these guys here.” Stacy wonders what Spirit was thinking.

“Can you knock those guys out and find the opening? We have a plan.” Spirit figures Stacy could take the four guys out with her abilities.

“Sure, give me a minute.” Stacy changes forms again and turns into a deadly cobra and takes each guy with the venom she produces.

Spirit felt Stacy change forms again. He watched through her eyes as she attacked each of the guys before they could fire their weapons as she struck each one and injected venom into their body. He watches as the four eyes dropped in front of her.

“You didn’t have to kill them, Stacy.”

“I know, but I couldn’t think of anything that could knock them out.” Stacy changes into a German Shepard and follow the scent of two of the guys back to where they came into the old abandon tunnel.

Spirit keeps track of Stacy, as Pollux talks to the commander of the SWAT team and tell them the plan. As soon as Spirit feels Stacy stopping and letting them know where the entrance was to the tunnel.

“Stacy is waiting for us.” Spirit leads everyone to where Stacy is waiting for them.

Two explosive experts came with them to disarm the explosives inside the exchange. Beverly looks at Dingo “it’s time for you to become gassy, Dingo.”

An evil smile appears on Dingo’s face “it’s gassing time.”

“That is so corny, Dingo.” Stacy had assumed a hybrid form.

“Whatever, babe.” Dingo prepares himself for the transformation.

One of the SWAT people opens a knockout grenade and tosses it at Dingo. He watches as the cloud becomes bigger as Dingo changes into the gas. His jaw drops as the gas cloud goes through the ventilation system and starts affecting everyone inside the exchange.

“What are you guys?” Officer Decker looks at the group.

“Were superheroes, but you guys are the real heroes.” Beverly smiles at officer Decker.

“Alright guys. Everyone is asleep.” Dingo looks down at everyone through the hole in the floor.

The two SWAT officers goes up after Pollux and Beverly, since they were bullet proof. After the SWAT officers go up, Stacy follows next, after changing into a robin. She feels Spirit reconnect to her when she changes again.

She keeps guard as Pollux, Beverly, and Dingo secures the terrorist. Spirit lowers the four people that were hanging upside down by their ankles. The two SWAT officers disarm the explosive packages that were connected to the doors. After the doors were disarmed, them along with some bomb experts went to work disarming the vest on the hostages.

Stacy changes into her human form and gets dress into her uniform. She stretches as her bones pop and crack as they resettle into their proper places. She overhears one of the SWAT officers mentions that the exchange had a bunch of diamonds, gold bars, and silver. If they hadn’t stopped them like they did, the terrorist/robbers would have gotten away with millions of dollars.

Stacy finds Beverly and Pollux and notices they were talking to the SWAT commander. She steps up to Beverly and stand beside her. The commander was thankful for their help and that there weren’t too many casualties. She noticed that the SWAT commander had glanced towards her when he made that statement.

“Sorry about that Commander Lester. I couldn’t think of any animal that could knock them out.”

“I’m not blaming you, Ms. I’m just glad that none of the hostages were hurt too seriously.” Commander Lester figures that the young girl
standing next to the one named Eclipse was the one responsible for killing the four down in the tunnel.

Eclipse puts her hand on Stacy’s shoulder and looks down at her “you did good. Things could have been worse.”

“Thanks, Eclipse.” Stacy knew to use their superhero names when they were around other people.

After all the statements are taken from all of them. A government helicopter lands at a nearby parking lot to pick them up. Once all the team was aboard the helicopter and in the air. Dingo lets out a loud fart he has been holding in.

“God, Dingo! Did you have to let loose such a smelly and loud fart?” Stacy was ready to puke, along with everyone else. Especially Spirit, since all his senses were enhanced.

“Sorry guys. I must still have some of the gas in my system after merging with it.” Dingo had a shitty ass smirk on his face.

Stacy covers her nose with her uniform material. She was ready to puke and she noticed it was taking everything Spirit had not too loose the contents of his stomach.

“So, where are we going to stay tonight?” Stacy looks towards Pollux and Beverly for an answer.

“At a government owned safe house. We’re not traveling back to our barracks.” Pollux figures the government had another mission for them.

Several Hours Later:
The team arrives at the safehouse they were going to be staying at, after stopping at the nearest Pizza Hut and picking up twelve pizzas and several liters of soft drinks. All of them were hungry and thirsty. Two NSA agents assigned to them escorted them into a two story non-descript house.

The outside appearance made the house matched all the other houses on the street they were on. You couldn’t tell this house apart from the others. The only way you knew which house it was, was by the street number assigned to it. The overnight bags they had been told to pack and take with them, were already at the house along with their laptops and tablets.

“It’s food time.” Dingo takes several of the pizza boxes from the stack and sits down on the sofa.

He turns the television set on and finds a show to watch. He was already digging into one of the pizza boxes and scarfing the contents down.

“And that folk is Dingo’s impersonation of Taz from Loony Tunes.” Pollux shakes his head at Dingo’s actions.

Stacy takes a pizza box from the stack and sits down on a bean bag the place had been furnished with. She opens it and inside was a supreme pizza. She loved veggie and supreme pizzas.

“Hey, Taz. Can you hand me one of the two liters, please?” Stacy looks over at Dingo on the sofa.

“I got you covered, Stacy.” Beverly hands a bottle of soda to Stacy.

“Thanks, Beverly.” Stacy takes a slice of pizza out and start eating it.

The two NSA agents that had been assigned to them, share a whole pizza, while Pollux and Beverly take several boxes for themselves.
Between the two of them, they could finish off six pizzas a piece. Dingo along could eat four whole pizzas by himself. Spirit was like Stacy and could only eat one whole pizza.

After Stacy finished eating the pizza she took and drinking half the soda in the bottle. She passes out on the bean bag. She doesn’t feel as Beverly covers her up with a blanket, she took off one of the beds in the house.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos