Manimal Part 14

Printer-friendly version

“ENOUGH!”

Energy erupts all around Hardcase, affecting everyone within its radius. The kinetic release of some much-concentrated energy affects everyone. Good guys and bad guys are hammered by the energy.

Spartan and Eclipse are even affected by the energy. They look over towards their teammates and notice that Dingo was a puddle of water. Stacy was being pressed down in salamander form. Spirit and several others were flattened as well. The only person that was still standing, was some sort of rock creature that was still in his cell and Hardcase floating above them.

Hardcase looks down at everyone below him and smiles. This is where everyone deserved to be kneeling at his feet. He slowly lowers and lands a few feet from Spartan and Eclipse. His eyes were still glowing.

Stacy tries to think of a creature that isn’t affected by heavy gravity. She knew no normal Earth animal would work. So, she thinks about a mystical creature or Sci-Fi creature that would work.

A creature pops into her head. Her body starts to change into a blob like creature. This was the first time she has ever been turned into a creature like this before. She starts moving over towards Hardcase.

Hardcase looks over towards the huge jelly like creature moving towards him. At first he is stunned, because he couldn't believe what he was seeing. A smile appears on his face “you think you can affect me in that form?”

Stacy doesn’t even respond as she stretches her jelly like body and cover Hardcase. She feels him punching her jelly body, but not penetrating. She squeezes her body to try to cause this guy to pass out. Just as she completely covers the guy. Her jelly body explodes, sending pieces everywhere.

Hardcase stumbles around as he tries to clear his head from the explosion. He had pieces of the jelly creature covering his body.

“Take that you, Wanker!” Boom Boom looks at the jelly like creature as pieces of it start pulling itself together.

Hardcase stands up and before he can react. He is sent flying from a punch from Spartan. Dingo resume his human form and grabs a metal table leg. His body starts changing into the material.

The other criminals that had been in jail and set free start fleeing. Boom Boom stands up and looks at the metal guy standing in front of him.

“Come on bloke, let’s dance.” As he starts channeling his energies to his hands.

A smirk appears on Dingo’s face as he punches Boom Boom. Just as his fist connects to Boom Booms face. Boom Boom connects with his metal body.

There is a large explosion as both men knock each other out. The force of the explosion causes a shockwave, knocking other criminals and people out. The only people not affected by the shock wave is Spirit, Spartan, and Eclipse.

Spirit quickly throws his tomahawk at Hardcase, distracting him from the punch coming from Spartan and Eclipse. Both of their fists connect with Hardcase’s face. He goes flying backwards through several reinforce walls.

Spartan and Eclipse don’t let up on him as they punch him again and again. They continue until they are outside in the exercise yard. Once they are outside, the twins cut loose on Hardcase.

Stacy finally pulls herself together and turn back into her human form. She looks over towards Dingo “now I know how you feel when you are blown apart.” She was hurting all over.

“How are you feeling?” Dingo walks over to Stacy to help her stand up.

“I’m going to need to rest for twenty-four hours. I can’t change forms right now. That last form took everything out of me.”

“How did you come up with that form?” Dingo was curious how Stacy came up with that form.

“I don’t know. I think its from some cartoon I watched when I was younger.” Stacy couldn’t remember where she saw that creature before.

“Can you help me securing these other criminals?” As Dingo helps Stacy stand up.

“As long as I don’t have to change forms, I’ll be fine.” Stacy manages to stand up on wobbly legs. She was feeling sore and tired.

Between Dingo, Stacy, and Spirit, they manage to secure the other criminals. Spirit injects a seductive into Boom Boom to keep him from forming those explosive energy balls of his. Boom Boom was already unconscious from the blow he delivered to the crook.

Every once in a while, the walls would shake, as dust fell from the drop ceiling that remained. Stacy looks over towards the hole that Spartan and Eclipse made when they sent Hardcase through the wall.

“I wonder how they are doing outside?” Stacy was concerned after the effects of that last ability Hardcase used on them.

“Knowing the twins, they are probably giving that crook a beating.” Dingo knew how strong the twins were.

“Don’t worry, Stacy. Eclipse and Spartan won’t lose this round.” Spirit had a feeling the twins will end up victorious.

It takes some time for Spirit, Dingo, and Stacy to secure everyone. While they had been working, the prison guards that were still alive were removing and helping their comrades that survived. Some of the guards were in bad shape and needed medical attention.

Spartan and Eclipse drag Hardcase unconscious body to where the others were. Eclipse’s uniform was in terrible shape and one of her breasts were hanging out. The other side barely had enough material left to cover her other breast. She had a black eye and blood leaking form the corner of her mouth.

Spartan wasn’t looking any better. His uniform was torn and there were deep bloody welts. It looked like something with a huge claw had run its claws down his chest. Half his face was bloody as well. It looked like it was swollen, and his left eye was leaking blood.

“Damn, Spartan! What the hell hit you so hard?” Dingo was surprised the twins were injured.

Out of the five of them, Spartan and Eclipse were the toughest of them.

“This creep.” As Spartan tosses Hardcases unconscious body towards the middle of the area.

Stacy walks over stiffly to Eclipse to check on her, while Spirit checked on Spartan. She could tell Eclipse was in pain.

“Are you alright, Eclipse?” Stacy noticed a huge bruise under Eclipses right breast.

“I think I broke a few ribs.” Beverly was feeling the pain from several broken ribs.

Stacy examines Beverly, while supporting her. She wasn’t all that strong, and she wasn’t feeling that strong right now. Hell, she couldn’t even change forms right now if her life depended on it.

“Spirit, contact our ride. We need medical assistant for our crew.” Stacy relays those thoughts to Spirit, since he was always in her head.

“Already on it. Our ride should be here within the hour.” Spirit was starting to feel the exhausted as well. He pushed his body to its limit fighting and containing all these crooks.

“I wish Portal would stop abandoning us after she teleports us to an emergency.” Stacy looks at Spirit when she says that.

“She doesn’t have a choice, Stacy. She can only open the portal on the starting end and send us to the location. She can’t travel with us.” Spirit knew it also took a lot of energy from Portal to do what she does. This was a stretch for her. That was why they ended up in the common area, instead of the lunchroom.

An hour later, they board their transport. Beverly and Pollux were given strong pain killers and patched up. Stacy was laying sideway on the jump seat and resting her head on Beverly’s lap. She could barely keep her eyes open, and she knew Beverly was asleep from the drugs.

She watches Dingo chug down his fourth beer since the transport showed up. She wonders if her life is going to always be this weird. She closes her eyes and fall asleep.

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stacy is getting pretty creative!

I wonder if she could change into a cybernetic being which would be able to function in non-breathable atmospheres, or no atmosphere at all.

Cybernetics

Stacy's ability doesn't permit her to create technology. Now, she could turn into a creature that can survive and travel in space. Like the space whales from Star Wars or a creature from Star Trek. However, once she is knocked unconscious or hurt seriously, she would assume her human form.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison