Cerridwen Plays Dotty (3)

Printer-friendly version

Cerridwen Plays Dotty
Part Three: The Grand Finally

I took a deep breath as I eased my bottom down upon the wooden stool. Daisy, who stood to the  right side of me, just stood there smirking a little as he peered at me. I could tell he was enjoying this way too much. I felt the urge to return to his little smirk with one of my own. But I pushed that thought out of my mind. But then I decided what the hell? You only live once, and besides Daisy needed to know what he was getting into when he volunteered, and it was my turn to play the handler.

“Remember, I'm going to see how much a set of Daisy's pigtails are worth.” I said, making a clipping motion with my fingers as Daisy reached over and picked up the first white bucket. It was a joke of course, I love my boyfriend's long blonde hair and I loved playing with it. I also knew that Daisy cherished his hair like any girl would. And I also knew teasing him or her about clipping her pigtails was a sure fire way to get a  rise out of him or her. Truth be known, I think Daisy was fluid as water when it came to gender.

“I told you love.” Daisy said, smirking a little as he peered toward me. “Two dollars and fifty cents.” He said as he hovered the bottom of the bucket over my head.

My eyes traveled up to the bucket and I then took a deep breath and held it. I then squeezed my eyes shut. A moment later I felt it, a sudden downpour of something thick, chunky, and wet. I shivered as I felt the mess cover my shoulders and coat my hair, I heard the thick chunks plunk down in the bottom of the pool!

Then the smell of the stuff hit me, have you ever smelled a can of chili that had just been opened? It smells rough, let me tell you it smells really rough! I slowly opened my eyes and I noticed that my whole outfit had been covered in a thin layer of brown water. Tiny little cubes of something brown seemed to float around the bottom of the pool in puddles of watery brown gravy.

“First bucket love!” Daisy said, smiling as he set the first gallon bucket down and pushed it to the side. A second or two later a stagehand hidden from view passed him the second bucket. I took another deep breath as I watched him strain to lift the bucket up. Quickly I squeezed my eyes shut again and I braced myself for the second onslaught of chili!

I did not have to wait long, a few seconds later the second landslide of brown gunk seemed to roll down and once more it totally coated the top of my head before moving on to coating my back. I felt a cold shiver run down my spine as I felt large chunks of Goddess only known to roll down the collar of my dress and coat the straps of my bra.

“WOOF!” I bellowed as I stomped my foot hard down on the pool. That was wrong! Oh so wrong! And the coldness, the coldness was beyond measure. Had the stuff been in the fridge? It must have been because it was cold, like ice cold! And the coldness made it worse. And the laughter filling the air made me blush hard.

“Third bucket love!” Daisy said as he handed down the now empty bucket and got a full bucket from one of the stagehands.

“WOOF!” I said, taking a deep breath.

“Oh look boys and girls, it seems that Cerridwen finally learned to speak!” Daisy said as he hovered the third bucket over my head. I felt like I was sitting under the blade of the guillotine as I peered up at the bottom of the bucket. That was a mistake, for a moment later the bucket was upturned and the chili held inside rained down on my head. Coating my up till now clean face!

“I'm going to sell your pigtails for this!” I muttered under my breath, again a big mistake as opening my mouth allowed some of the cold chili to get into my mouth and I was forced to swallow it. Let me tell you, nothing tastes more foul, more gritty, more gut wrenching that cold chili!

“I know love.” Daisy said grinning as he handed the empty bucket to the phantom stand hand and was rewarded with yet another bucket. “Two more to go!” He said grinning as he gave the bucket a little shake, losing the last stubborn chunks of free from the edge of the bucket.

I blinked and blinked again as I raised my fingers up and tried my best to clear away some of the clumps of the chili that had formed on my eyelashes. I must have looked more like a swamp monster instead of a trans girl in a puppy costume.

A few moments later the third bucket was upturned over my head and the chili held inside once more poured over my head, this time it poured down the front of my till now mostly clean costume. I shuttered as I felt a good bit of the chili roll down the front collar. I could feel huge, oddly shaped pieces of mystery meat, beans and reddish brown sauce pouring over the cups of my bra, some of the stuff even found its way into my bra.

At that moment, I thanked the Goddess that the bra I was wearing that day had come from Dollar General and had only cost around five dollars and sixty three cents. It was not one of my good, lacy bras I'd treated myself too when I'd last time been allowed to spend a whole day roaming Metrocenter Mall, our region's largest mall with over a million and a half cubic feet of retail space. I say I'm thankful because I'm sure the brownish sauce had stained the white bra, and not amount of scrubbing, bleaching or washing will ever remove the stains!

“Last bucket love.” Daisy said, smirking a little as he handed the empty bucket to the phantom stagehand who handed him a full bucket in return. I took a deep breath. And then it happened, this one felt like sludge. It looked like sludge, no it looked like mud, but it smelled like chocolate? Now my curiosity is going to get me killed one day. I'm sure of it, it is also a frightful thing. But at that moment I was overpowered by the smell of chocolate. So rolling the dice, I reached up and scooped with my fingers some of the mixture that had just been poured over me.. and shrugging my shoulders I placed those fingers in my mouth and sucked them clean. Okay that sounds lewd, but you get the point.

“Brownie mix?” I said as I shifted my eyes toward Daisy.

“Yep!” Daisy said, blinking. “They ran out of chili.” Daisy said, shrugging his shoulders. “So we decided to use brownie mix. I thought it would be a good change of pace. I mean it was either that or real dog food like they did with Madeline that one time.”

I blinked and then blinked again as I noticed that Daisy was slowly easing the bucket down. A few seconds later I felt the bucket being placed over my head and I heard Daisy giving the bottom a few light tabs.

A few moments later I heard him stepping away. I then slowly lifted the bucket and I noticed he was standing in front of me, his back turned on me, so he could face the gathered audience.

“Ladies and gentleman that concludes this month's fundraiser. I would personally like to thank my lovely, lovely girlfriend Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn, for volunteering to play Dotty this month. And for you guys for donating too! Together we raised over three thousand dollars.” Daisy said with a smile.

And I blushed too, I still blushed at being called his 'Girlfriend' even though it was true. Having Daisy come into my life had been one of the major plus of finally taking the leap and coming out of the egg. For those who do not know, the term 'coming out the egg' means opening up about being transgender. It is one of those niffy pieces of information I picked in my scourging of the internet for useless pieces of information.

“Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn is the daughter of Rowan Cypress Whitethorn and Pandora Circe Whitethorn. Rowan is a shift leader at Yazoo Chemical in neighboring Yazoo City, and Pandora is the owner and head stylist at Pandora's Family Salon. On the newest business to be located in the booming, historical section of downtown Benton.” Daisy added.

Slowly I stood up, and watched as all the chili and brown that had collected in my dress fell into the bottom of the pool. Grinning, I climbed over the edge and started to move toward Daisy. A smirk a mile long crossed my face.

“I would also like to thank Yazoo Chemical, Sweet Magnolia Tea Room and Bakery, Edward's Butcher Shop, The Heather Ford Show, The various sport teams of Benton Academy, The various sport teams of Benton Ag, The congregation of St. Mary's Episcopal Church. The congregation of All Saints Roman Catholic Church, the congregation of Temple Beth El, Potter Mercantile, Brewer Farms, the congregation of Benton United Methodist Church.” Daisy took a deep breath.

At that moment I decided to wrap my arms around him and draw him into a tight hug. “What my lovely boyfriend is saying. We would like to thank all of Benton for coming out and making this fundraiser a success.” I smiled and then kissed him on the cheeks. My kiss caused him to blush and his ears to turn a bright red.

“Daisy here has also agreed to volunteer next month to play Dotty! So I ask all those who so kindly donated, to donate again as we can get him just as messy if not more!”

And with that another misadventure in my daily life comes to a close. I hope you have enjoyed this little tale. Trust me there more to come. Because well, life is a novel. One you write yourself, and you write it one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time Sometimes you write it one minute at a time. Anyway, I want my life story to be filled with memorable moments. Because life is about the moments that take your breath away. And this day really took my breath away, in more ways than one.

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice finish, Sunflower.

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Lawdy, girl, do they really do this where you’re from? But hey, it’s for the puppies!

Emma