How Marty Became...

Printer-friendly version


How Marty Became...

By Daphne Xu
Thanks to Dorothy

Marty played along on the guitar, softly strumming the background cords to the song "Earth Angel", a quarter-eye on the photograph, an occasional glance at George McFly and Lorraine Baines slowly dancing with the crowd. He became conscious of a feeling of weakness and difficulty standing upright, somehow going off rhythm and cords.

"Hey, you all right, boy?" asked the pianist, as Marty struggled to stay standing, seeing his body becoming transparent.

"Keep playing, please!" Marty couldn't talk above a distant whisper now, barely conveying his utter despair. His dematerialization sounded hauntingly loud to his ears.

The haunting vanished. The siblings in the picture returned. Marti straightened up, whole and healthy again, able to play the guitar accompaniment. She glanced over to see George and Lorraine kissing their hearts out to the final chords.

Marti felt proud and honored to have performed accompaniment with that hot all-black expert music group. The honor and pride shot sky-high when their lead singer and guitarist, Marvin Berry, said, "Let's play another, Miss. Let's give them something that really cooks!" This was her golden opportunity, and she had the perfect song...

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos