Lucifer's youngest child- chapter 1

Printer-friendly version


Lucifer’s youngest child.

What would you do if you found out that you were the child of Lucifer and what is basically an immortal woman? Will you rale against Fate? Would you curse God for who your parents were? Would you face the oncoming battle for your soul with a smile? Would you curl up in a ball and hope that it was all a dream? That is the problem facing one young man as his reality changes.


Chapter 1
Looking back.

Where to begin. Sure, I could start at the beginning, but I think I need to go a little further back than that. You see. I’m the daughter of the Devil but that wasn’t always the case. I was born Ashley Mitchel James. Up until three years ago I was your ordinary high school freshman and a boy. That’s right, you heard me. I was a boy. Not the busty, blue eyed, blond haired, Princess of Hell with the rocking babe body that I am today. Okay I can hear you out there. What the hell are you talking about girlfriend?

I guess I need to take things back a little bit further. You see my mom and the big man Downstairs had a fling nineteen years ago. You know him as First among the BIG GUY’s angles, the Light Bringer, the Devil, Price of Hell, and a whole host of other titles. Oh, and by ‘fling’ I mean they had seven month long fuck fest. During that time ‘dad’, and I use that term loosely, never kept his real nature from my mother. To my mom he was just Lucy. A man that she had a seven month long affair.

Anyway, as much he wanted to stay dad had to leave for ‘business’ at the end of their seven month love affair. He left mom with a forty week surprise package. Mom never told me who my father was. She would only tell me that he was a business associate and that he did most of his work somewhere in the middle east. All that changed shortly after my sixteenth birthday. My life changed on the night of the first full moon.

Mom and I were never what you would call religious. By that I mean we didn’t belong to any of the mainstream religions. However, mom was a very devout Druid. She believed in all of the old Celtic gods and goddesses. Me on the other hand. I didn’t buy into any of that hocus-pocus horseshit. Hell, I didn’t even believe in the whole Heaven and Hell thing. Sure, I believed that there was something out there but to be honest.

I was an agnostic with a massive wait and see attitude. As I look back over that time in my life. I really do wish I had taken a better approach to life. If I had I might not be seating here today listening to the Seven Mortal Sins, better known as the Demon Lords of Hell, bitch about the number of souls escaping Hell. Trust me. Being the daughter of the Crown Prince of Hell has its drawbacks. The first of which is being in charge of Hell’s Prison Wardens. You know them as the Demons of Punishment and Pain. Which is why I get to hear the complaints of these seven assholes on a daily basis.

Chapter 2
Talks in the morning.
Tuesday morning. 0630 am. 3 days to the next full moon.

“Ashley I need to talk with you.” Mom called out to me as I walked downstairs. “It’s about this coming full moon.”

“Mom how many times do we have to have this conversation? I want nothing to do with your and witch coven friends.” I told her as I headed for the fridge.

“Ashley Mitchel James, let me be perfectly clear. I have never asked anything of you. You will give me this.” Mom snarled as she slowly stood up from her chair. “You will be baptized under the full moon.”

“Sorry mom, but unless you can give me a halfway decent reason. That’s not going to happen.” I told her standing my ground.

“What if I told that it was your father’s wish?” She asked me suddenly.

“Hold on here, mom. What do you mean by that?” I asked her with my hand on the fridge door handle. Mom never, never, if ever, played the ‘dad card’ with me unless it was extremely important. When she didn’t answer right away I knew that something major was up. “Okay mom what is going on?”

“I can’t tell you yet Ashley. You just have to trust me. It is very important that you be baptized under the full moon.” Was all mom told me.

“Okay mom. I give up. What do I got to do?” I asked her with a sigh. It wasn’t so much the fact that she played the dad card. It was the fact that she gave me the number four disappointed mom look. If you’ve never had the number four disappointed mom look thank your lucky stars.

“Just come straight home from school on Friday. Don’t make any plans. I’ll be waiting for you to get home.” She told me then left the kitchen.

As I eat my breakfast I thought about the strange way mom has been acting for the last few days. It all started the day I turned sixteen. At first it was like all of my other birthdays. Right up until my Uncle Ralf showed up. Uncle Raphael wasn't really a blood uncle just a longtime friend of mom. At first I couldn’t understand mom’s reaction to his gift. I mean what’s the big deal with a silver necklace with an onyx feather.

(On a side note. I have worn that necklace every day since then. I still wear it as it reminds me that I was once human. Now back to the story.)

As I walked into school that morning I look around at my classmates. To be honest I can’t stand most of them. I guess it is the fact that I’m year older than most of them. I mean most of them are barely fifteen and they have already fallen into the typical clicks. While I just turned sixteen and no have absolutely no use for the bullshit of high school social class system. Sure, I know that the jocks, punks, nerds, pretty girls, goths, and the other clicks have their uses. Namely the validation of their sad pathetic high school lives. The problem is I have never fit in with any of them.

When it comes to school. I have always been the real outsider. Manly because of three reasons. First, I’ve never stayed in one school system for more than two years. Second, is my accent. I don’t have a US accent. Thanks to spending the last nine years of my life in the care of an English Boarding school I had a every proper Queen’s English accent. Think Roger Moore from the James Bond films. The last reason was my looks.

As much as I hated it, I was most definitely what you would call a pretty boy. My sable, shoulder length hair, ice blue eyes, and slim build didn’t help matters. I don’t known how many times I’ve had some knuckle headed jockstrap wearing neanderthal asked me out of a date. Usually because someone thought it would be funny to tell them that I was a girl.

“Hey Ashely, what’s up with the look of disgust man?” Daniel Messenger asked me as I sat down next to him.

“Just the usual bullshit, Danny.” I snarled as I glared at Steve Roper who was standing in the doorway to my home with a dumb look on his face.

“It happened again?” Daniel asked with a chuckle. When I nodded my head Danny chuckled even harder. “Damn partner. How many times does that make?”

“This week or in total?” I asked with a smirk. Then sighed at his look. “If I count Steve it brings the total to just over sixteen.”

“Damn dude that sucks. What I cannot understand is why do they still keep trying to ask you out on a date? I mean half the baseball team and a third of the varsity football team’s starting lineup take gym with us.” Danny grumbled as he watched our Homeroom teacher enter the room. “Is just me or does Miss Oliver get better looking every day.”

“Dude get your head out of the clouds. Miss O is way out of our league. Not to mention she’s in her late twenties and dating one of us is tantamount to Child Molestation in forty-eight states.” I told him with a chuckle.

“Okay people settle down. Take your seats.” Miss Oliver called out just as the first bell of the day rang. After taking attendance she gave us the day’s announcements. Just like every school day.

Just like every school day I moved between my classes not really caring about what went on around me. I can honestly say that I have only two real friends at this school and the rest are just classmates. Danny is one of my friends. My other friend is Sue Helliocus. It’s no surprise that the three of us became friends. Danny is from the northern part of Italy, while Sue is from Greece. We are all outsiders to the other students.

When lunchtime rolled around the three us gathered at our normal table. Sue was the first one to say anything. “Alright Ashley. You’ve been walked around all day with a massive case of bitch face. The only time you get like this is when something has happened between you and your mother?”

“She started hounding me first thing this morning. She wants me to be baptized under the full moon this Friday. She even went so far as to play the dad card.” I told her honestly.

“Oh damn. She really must want you to be baptized.” Sue gasped. Not surprising that she would sympathize with me. Her mother belonged to the same coven as my mom. “Don’t worry it’s nothing big. You’re not selling your soul.”

“I don’t understand the big deal. I was baptized and nothing happened.” Danny told us. “The priest makes the sign of the cross on your forehead with water. Saying that your sins have been washed away.”

“It’s not the same for Druids or Wiccans, Danny. Trust me you wouldn’t find the same rituals in our baptisms.” Sue told him before turning to me. “Ash I know you’re not really into Wicca or Druidism, but this is a big deal for your mother. You’ll be the first warlock in her family line.”

“Sorry about this Sue but I really don’t care what my mom or her coven wants. I don’t know how many times I’ve told her. Until I see real definable proof that there is a God or Goddess. I’ll remain agnostic.” I told my friends. “I mean I know that there is something out there, but until you can show me proof that there is a guiding hand behind it. I’m not putting my faith in some great all-knowing god. The only reason I going through the baptism is to make my mother happy.”

“About time you saw the light brother Ashley. Will you be joining us for our morning prayer meetings?” Asked the one person I had no use for form behind me. Tyler Reynolds, Varsity football Quarterback and team captain, Student Council President, Leader for the Young Christens, and oldest son of Minister Jacob Reynolds. He’s all that and not to mention the biggest pain in my ass.

“Who asked for your two cents Tyler?” I snarled.

“I was only offering to act as a guide and mentor in your journey on the path of Christianity Ashley.” Tyler snorted then turned to his usual tactic of playing to the crowd. “Why not join my father’s church? We welcome everyone who has turned to the path of righteousness.”

“The day I step foot into that temple of hypocrisy your father calls a church is the day that God himself anoints your father as his messiah.” I snarled. “You know something I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually happened.”

“My father is a truly righteous man. I could see the Lord Almighty appointing him to lead us into a new era of peace and enlightenment.” Tyler said proudly.

“That’s not what I mean. Your father and his hate for anyone who does not follow his twist interpretation of the bible. Is a perfect example of what is wrong with organized religion of any faith.” I told Tyler as I stood up. I knew what was coming and didn’t want to be sitting down for his punch.

Just as I expected. Tyler lost his temper, and he threw his trademark right hook. Now, unlike most of the students in this school. I was actually trained in how to fight. Only I was trained in a martial art that wasn’t taught to most civilians. My old boarding school was a military academy, and all of my instructors were British SAS or SBS veterans. Before Tyler could even connect I had him on the ground with his arm bent behind his back.

Once I had him down on the floor I leaned down and whisper into his ear. “Let me make this clear for you Reynolds. I have forgotten more ways in how to kill a man than you’ll ever learn. You come at me again. I will end your sorry worthless pathetic life, and not even your god will stop me.”

“You’re breaking my arm.” Tyler grunted.

“No, I’m not. If I was breaking your arm. It would have already snapped in four places.” I snarled. “Now get the fuck away from me and stay away.”

“You’ll pay for this, James.” Tyler snarled as he got up holding his arm. “When my father hears about this attack.”

I didn’t care as I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in close as I snarled. I don’t know where the rage came from or where the power to instill fear came from. At the time I didn’t care. “Go ahead and tell your daddy, dickless. Because if you or any of his fucked up little minions come after me. I will wage a war the likes of which you have only heard of the bible.”

Needless to say, Tyler much to my surprise showed an a rather uncommon amount of brains just then. He actually ran from me. As he moved through the crowded cafeteria his departure was met with a round of applause. Tyler and his crowd of fundamentalist assholes weren’t well liked by most of the student body. The only reason they were even allowed in the school was because of the Vice Principal. The man was a member of Reverend Reynolds’ church.

“Damn Ash. You got a real hardon hate for God.” Danny snarked.

“I don’t hate God Danny. I just can’t stand organized religions. I don’t care if it’s Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or some other type of organized religion. They’re all the same. Do you know that there have been more lives lost in the name of God than for any other reason?” I asked him.

“I never really thought about it, Ashley.” Danny answered honestly.

“Trust me Danny. Ashley is only telling the you half the truth. If you asked my mom or my aunt they would give you an earful.” Sue told him.

“Look guys I’ll see you later. I need some air.” I told them and left the cafeteria. They knew where I was heading. I hadn’t taken two steps through the Vice Principal’s door when the asshole confronted me about getting into it with Tyler. For my troubles I got suspended for the next month.

Chapter 3
Talk with my uncle.
Thursday evening. 0530 pm. One day to the next full moon.

“Ashley would you care to tell me why you decided to beat the hell out of the local shithead’s son?” Uncle Raphael asked me as he walked into my room.

“Let’s just say that he didn’t like someone telling him the facts of life.” I told Uncle Ralf bluntly. Then sighed at the look he gave me. “I was talking with Danny and Sue about my baptism tomorrow night.”

“Naturally he thought you were talking about a Christian baptism.” Uncle Ralf said with a sigh. “You just had to correct him.”

“It didn’t go exactly like that, but you’re close enough. It didn’t turn violent until he threw the first punch.” I told him honestly. Then grinned at the look he gave me. “What can I say? It’s not my fault none of these country hicks know how to fight.”

“Did you have to twist the boy’s arm half off?” Uncle Ralf asked frowning.

“Yup. I want to get the point across to the golden boy that not everyone buys into his father’s holier than thu bullshit. We both know that I could have killed the stupid fucker if I wanted to.” I told him with a grin.

“That is beside the point Ashley. You promised me that you won’t use what you were taught at Greystoke in a fight.” Uncle Ralf snapped.

“No, you only asked me not to use what I know. I never said that I wouldn’t. I only said that I would think about it. If you think I’m going to let some dumbass beat the shit out of me. You’re fucking crazy Uncle Ralf.” I told him bluntly then grinned. “At least now they know to leave me alone.”

“You really don’t understand the situation here Ashley. That Preacher has been painting your mother and her coven as the Great Evil for this community. He’s been doing it for the last three years. Thanks to your little stunt he’ll have even more ammunition for coming after your mother.” Ralf snapped.

“Let the asshole come. If he wants a war. I’ll give him one.” I snarled. “I suggest that if you have any sway with the Reynolds family. That you use it. Because if they come after me or my mom. I’ll do more than burn their church.”

“You’ll burn down their homes.” Uncle Ralf finished my threat for me. “With them inside while eating popcorn.”

“You only left out the part where I’ll leave their asses tied to the family dinner table.” I told him with a grin.

“If I didn’t know who your mother and father were. I would swear that you were the son of Ares and Athena.” Uncle Ralf chuckled. “But I actually do know who your parents are. Which makes your attitude towards the local Holy Roller preacher all the more understandable.”

“Uncle Ralf do you actually know who my father is?” I asked him in surprise.

“I’ve known Luc my entire life. We actually grew up together.” He told me with a small smile.

“Can you tell me if he would actually want me to go through with this baptism? I mean I know that mom said he would.” I said only to stop before finishing.

“Your father is many things Ashley. I can honestly tell you that he would want you to be baptized. He is a very faithful man. He doesn’t always agree with the Big Guy upstairs.” Uncle Ralf told me with a chuckle as he put his hand on my shoulder. “But he does believe in him.”

“Okay I go through with the baptism. I just don’t understand what the big deal is about me being baptized.” I complained.

“Just know that it is Ashley.” Uncle Ralf told me softly. “As for the Preacher and his family. I’ll be sure to pass along your warning, but don’t expect them to just back off. They’ll most likely send someone around to try and put the fear of God in you.”

“Uncle Ralf I suggest that you be as persuasive as possible with them. Because next time. I will do more than just twist an arm.” I snarled and stood up. “I will fill body bags. Starting with Tyler.”

“I was right. You are most definitely your father’s child.” Uncle Ralf chuckled as he patted me on the shoulder.

Chapter 4
Baptized in my father’s name.
Friday 11:45 pm. Night of the full moon.

I couldn’t believe the bullshit mom put me through when I got home after school. First was the two hour long bath in cold water. This was followed by her rubbing me down in virgin olive oil. After that was the pure cotton pants and shirt she dressed me in. The kicker was, she didn’t let me wear underwear. The final piece of my outfit for the night was a pair of leather sandals. After that she took her own bath and dressed in a cotton long sleeve floor length dress with sandals.

We left the house shortly after 11:00pm. Forty minutes later we pulled into the driveway of Ellen Elkwood’s farm on the other side of town. As we parked in front of their Pennsylvania style bank barn I had to wonder how the hundred year old barn was still standing. As we stepped from our car I heard the sounds of wood flutes, deerskin drums, and someone chanting. I looked over at mom with questioning eyes.

“The coven has gathered. That is the sounds of the gathering song. My sisters are calling for the Goddess Danu and warding off the God Donn.” Mom explained.

“Okay what does that mean?” I asked her.

“You will find out shortly.” Mom told me as she led the way around the barn and into the open field beyond. In the middle of the field was a massive bonfire with people dancing around it. As we neared the outer edge of the bonfire I noticed that no one was wearing any clothes. I looked over in surprise as mom began to unbutton her dress.

“Mom what are you doing?” I asked her in surprise. As I had never attended one of her gatherings. I didn’t know what really went on here. I wasn’t like Sue. She had actually been coming to these things since she turned thirteen.

“To enter the circle, one must bear all before the Mother Goddess Danu.” Mom told me as she dropped her dress to the ground. As she stood there naked as the day she was born mom smiled. “It is why we are all skyclad.”

“Skyclad? Don’t you mean naked?” I asked.

“No, I mean skyclad. There is a difference. Naked implies that you are still hiding something. While skyclad reveals all to the goddess.” Mom told me as she walked into the light of the bonfire. “Come in when you’re ready.”

“Great, just great. The first time I’ll be naked before a girl that I actually like, and it will be in public for my freaky baptism.” I grumbled as I pulled of my shirt and kicked off my sandals.

“Think about this way at least you might get a preview of her goods if things go right.” A man said as he walked up beside me. When I looked over at him I realized that he was already skyclad. As much as I wanted to hate this guy I couldn’t. He had this air about him that just made you want to like the old guy. “I must say that I’m surprised by your mother, young man.”

“Why do you say that?” I asked as I shucked my pants.

“Lilly is unconventional in her faith to say the least. Her coven is one of the very few that is almost exclusively all female. The fact that she is even baptizing you in the name of her goddess is beyond amazing. Then again she would do something exactly like this as way of providing you with some protection against the forces of the Dark One. Not that you need protection from him.” The man said that last part with a small chuckle.

“What does that mean?” I asked him as I stood up straight.

“You’ll find out in good time young Ashley.” The man chuckled as he waved towards the fire. “Shall we join them?”

As we entered the light cast by the fire the music and dancing stopped. I took the time to look around and counted the number of people. Counting my mom there were thirty people present for my baptism. Doing the math in my head. That meant there were eight groups of five with each person representing one of the five great elements. I know that sounds crazy, but I do know something about my mom’s faith. When I looked for the man that had led me into the circle. For some reason he had disappeared.

“Brothers and sisters, we gather here this night to welcome one of our own.” My mother called out to her coven. “Are there any objections?”

“By what right does this boy come before us now? He has never shown any interest in our believes before.” Demanded one woman.

“By the same right that all of us have. He seeks the same blessing that you yourself were gifted with Sister Agnes of the Winter Snow.” Mom answered the woman coldly. “Or would you turn away ALL potential followers of the way?”

When the woman didn’t answer my mother she smiled. “Brothers and sisters I present to you Ashley Mitchel James. Son of Lilith Mary James.”

“Who is the boy’s father?” One woman called out. As much as I wanted to get this farce over with I wanted to know the answer to this question even more. I was actually surprised at the way my mother was acting. There was something about them wanting to know who my father was that upset her.

“Would the name of the father change how we baptize my child?” Mom asked her sharply. “We have never asked for the names of parents before.”

“Because until now it has never been a concern, Sister Lilith. We cannot in good faith allow your child to be baptized without the father’s consent.” The woman told my mother honestly.

“I will testify to the father’s consent.” Said the man who walked up to the fire with me. I was surprised that he was on the far side of the circle now.

“Thank you Lucas.” The woman said before turning back to my mom. “Please proceed Sister Lilith. The hour is but moments away.”

“Step into the ring of truth Ashley.” She told me pointing at the circle of white sand in the middle of the light. Not knowing what else to do I followed my mother’s directions and stepped into the sandy white circle. As I stood in the center another woman walked up to my mother holding a tray with five bowls of paint. I could tell that each bowl held a different could of paint.

“I call upon the Spirits of Earth. Bless with child with your bounty.” Mom called out as she picked up the brush and using the brown paint to draw a symbol of fertility over the base of my penis.

“Come Spirits of Earth.” The coven called out. As their words died the bonfire seemed to glow brighter.

“I call upon the Spirits of Water. Bless this child with long life.” Mom called out using a different brush, and the blue paint this time to draw the symbol of long life in the center side of my chest.

“Come Spirits of the Water.” The coven called out. This I was sure that the fire actually started to glow brighter for some reason.

“I call upon the Spirits of Fire. Bless this child with the Spark of Passion.” Mom called out as she painted the symbol for love over my heart in red.

“Come Spirits of Fire.” The coven called out. This time the fire seemed to grow not only brilliance but in height.

“I call upon the Spirits of Wind. Bless this child with the Voice of Wisdom.” Mom called out as she used blue paint to draw the symbol a reason on my throat. The only reason I knew it was the symbol for reason is because I could feel the outline as she drew it.

“Come Spirits of the Wind.” The coven called out. When mom changed the brush for the last time. The bonfire blazed higher than ever before. As if someone dumped several gallons of gas onto.

“I call upon the Eternal Spirit of Magic. Bless this child with your power.” Mother called out as she used the white paint to draw a symbol on my forehead.

“Come Spirit of Magic!” The coven called out once more. This time I actually felt that power slam into me. It was so powerful that it drove me to my knees in almost unbearable pain. It felt like two massive knives were being driven into my back between my shoulder blades.

I knew then and there that magic was real. Only this magic had a very demonic feel to it. Yet there was also a heavenly feel to the magic at the same time. As I looked up at my very shocked mother I realized that something massive was happening behind me. There was another massive surge of power, followed by the bonfire flaring to over 50ft in the air. Unlike the last four times the fire didn’t die down and a mystical portal opened in the center of the fire. To my utter shock a winged figure stepped through a portal in the fire.

“By the Goddess!” Mom gasped as she stumbled away from me. With her out of the way the winged figure stepped in front of me.

“Raise child of my blood. Claim thy heritage.” The winged figure told me. I struggled to stand because something was sticking out the center of my back. Whatever it was, it was throwing off my balance.

“Care to give me a hand here mom?” I asked my mother who was currently kneeling off to the side of the circle.

“You must stand on your own Ashley. I cannot help you now. Your father has blessed you with his heritage.” Mom told me in an awe filled voice.

“Thanks a lot, mom. I won’t be in this situation if you had left me alone.” I snarled and in my anger surged to my feet. That was when I noticed that I was staring eye to chest with the winged figure in front of me.

This person must have been extremely tall, or I had lost a several inches in height. Now that I was standing and could actually see straight. I realized that I was face to chest with an angel. Not just any angle, but an Archangel.

“Such raw power.” The Archangel whispered as he caressed my cheek. “I can feel more than my power within you, child. Your mother’s is there as well.”

“Not to sound like too big of a fucking asshole, but are you an Archangel?” I asked. I already knew the answer, but for some reason my brain was rejecting what my eyes were telling it at that time.

“I am no ordinary Archangel child. I am the first of HIS angels. I am Lucifer Morningstar, the Light bringer. Along with a few other titles.” He told me with a chuckle. “I am also your father.”

“Oh shit.” I whispered as whatever was sticking out of my back twitched. Not really wanting to know what the things were I looked over my shoulder anyway. What I found sticking out of my back was a pair of wings. The feathers were blood red with jet black tips. From the looks of them they were razor sharp. I looked over at my mother in wonder. “Mom please tell me this is a dream.”

“I wish that I could Ashley. This is really happening.” She told me as she knelt before Lucifer. “And Lucifer Morningstar is your father.”

“How long have you known?” I asked in a soft voice.

“From the first day our courtship. Just short of seventeen years now.” Mom told me honestly before looking up at Lucifer. “Though he wasn’t supposed to just pop up like this. I thought we had an agreement Lucy?”

“Lucy?! What the fuck?! Over!” I gasped as mom slowly climbed to her feet.

“I’ve called your father Lucy for a long time now, Ashley.” Mom snarled. I could tell that she was pissed and wasn’t going to back down. “Well! I’m waiting for an answer dipshit!”

“I invited him Lily.” Lucas said as he joined the three of us. He looked over at Lucifer and held out his hand. “Good to see you brother.”

“Good to see you as well Leviathan. Thank you for informing me of this little ritual.” Lucifer told the man my mom had called Lucas.

“Oh no you didn’t?!” Mom screeched as she got in Lucifer’s face. “Damn it Lucy! We had a deal! NO interference between either side! Remember!”

“Peace Lilith. Lucifer only placed me here when Gabriel violated the accord by sending Hadramiel to watch over Ashley in his new school.” Lucas told us.

“What the fuck is going on here mom?” I demanded.

“Perhaps I can answer that question.” Uncle Ralf said as he stepped into the light of the fire. It wasn’t until he was fully within the light of the fire that I saw the golden wings jutting out of his back. He wasn’t alone there were six other angels with him. I could tell by the power flowing off these newcomers that they were all Archangels or higher.

These eight angels were the same level as Lucifer. That could only mean that that seven of them were the Seven Heavenly Virtues and the Governor General Michael the Archangel. The other seven Archangels were Hadramiel, Gabriel, Raphael, Sandalphon, Metatron, Sariel, and Uriel. The real kick in the ass is I knew each one of them. The WTF thought ran through my head twice coming up with the same conclusion of this does not compute.

“Holy shit! Are all of the adults in my life mother fucking angels?” I moaned as I realized where I had seen Lucas and Hadramiel before tonight. Lucas was one of the teachers at my school and Hadramiel was one of the school’s custodians. Then to my surprise seven more people stepped into the firelight.

These new people were also angels but of the Fallen variety like Lucifer. Only these were Lucifer’s Princes of Hell or the Seven Mortal Sins. Going from tallest to shortest there was Satan, Belial, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Mammon, Belphegor, and Beelzebub and every last one of them is just as powerful as their Heavenly counterpart. Talk about your heavy hitters.

“Seeing as how the Virtues and Sins have gathered here on this night. I guess that it is time to answer a few questions.” Lucifer chuckled then turned serious as he turned to face the Archangel Michael. “Starting with why you and the Host have continuously interfered in family matters dear brother?”

“We were only trying to give your child a chance at a Heavenly reward.” Uriel said only to have a bolt of lightning strike the ground in front of him.

“DO NOT EVEN TRY LYING TO ME URIEL!” Lucifer ordered in a booming voice filled with more than just his anger. For some reason I knew that lying to Lucifer would have dire consequences. “If you don’t want to end the Truce here and now Michael. You will answer my question.”

I didn’t know how was going on or what this truce Lucifer was talking about, but for some reason I knew that breaking it now would be bad. I’m talking about End of the World, Armageddon bad. The kick in the head I knew that whatever was going was because of me. “Okay hold on here people.”

“Stay out of this child. This matter concerns concepts that a mortal raised child wouldn’t understand.” Gabriel ordered me.

“Fuck you asshole.” I snarled as my need to beat the shit out of some asshole in desperate of a life altering beatdown flared. In my anger my wings flexed, my fingernails turned into six inch claws, while fangs stretched from between my lips. “You might be an Archangel, but I’m pretty sure that I can fuck up your sorry worthless ass.”

To my surprise the Seven Heavenly Virtues took a step back. Michael just chuckled and smiled. “It seems that your child’s Word is Vengeance Lucifer.”

“Indeed. I would say that it has more than a little to do with my child’s uncommon family heritage. Michael might I make a suggestion?” Lucifer said as he stared at me with more than a little surprise. “Lilith would it be possible to use your living room for natural grounds?”

“Not no, but Hell NO!” Mom snarled as she got in Lucifer’s face again before turning on Michael. “And YOU! Just what the HELL do you think you’re doing? I know that you were not invited to this ceremony, Mikey. That means you have no reason for being here in this place of the Goddess Danu. You know the Goddess that your followers have demonized.”

“We have every right to be here whore. We have come to save the immortal soul of your child.” Gabriel snarled only to Michael punch him in the head. It was only Michael’s quick reaction that stopped me from tearing into the asshole angel then and there.

“Belittle Lucifer’s wife again Gabriel and I won’t intervein on your behalf.” Michael snarled as he pulled his subordinate up by the scruff of his neck. “I highly doubt that you have gained enough power to stand up to our brother’s child let alone our brother in a one on one battle.”

“Okay everybody needs to chill the fuck out.” I shouted as I quickly realized that someone needed to act as a Mediator. “Why don’t we just have this sit down right here? As it is, all the members of my mother’s coven have run for the hills. Not surprising with the way, you shitheads have been acting.”

“Ashley this ground is consecrated in the name of the Goddess Danu.” Michael said as if it was the most important and obvious thing in the world.

“So, fucking what?” I snarked then grinned at their confusion at my disrespect of the Devine. “Think about it. You need a neutral site for your get together. If I’m not mistaken it also needs to be consecrated.”

“Ashley does have a point Michael. This is the one place in all of Ohio that wouldn’t piss off Father.” Lucifer told him.

“Agreed, but only if Lilith grants us permission.” Michael said nodding.

“I’ll grant permission on one condition. You tell me exactly which one of you assholes broke the agreement first?” Mom snarled. I could tell that she was still pissed off over something.

“I did. What of it mortal?” Gabriel snapped.

“Then in the name of the Goddess I forbid you entry.” Mom snapped. No sooner had the words left her mouth than the Archangel Gabriel vanished. Mom smiled at seeing this happen. “Now you can have your parlay.”

“You always did have a flare for the dramatic Lily.” Lucifer chuckled before turning to Michael. “Well, brother. Are you going to answer my question?”

“The answer is simple brother. If you remember our deal correctly. Should your child ever be baptized. They would face judgement. We have come here in our duty to pass that judgement.” Michael told us.

“What judgement?” I demanded. “The last time I looked. I haven’t handed over my soul to either side. By your own rules you cannot judge me.”

“That is where you are wrong Ashley. As the Seven Heavenly Virtues we are charged with the judgement of all angels.” Michael told me.

“Ah but that is where you are wrong. I may be half angel, but I am still half human. That means I have something you don’t. It’s a little thing called free will and a human soul. Which means you that you have no authority to judge me.” I told the Archangel with a grin.

“That is not exactly true Ashley.” Lucifer told me. “Normally what you said would be true. If it were not for your mother.”

“Excuse me but what does that mean?” I asked.

“Ashley, I want you to think about my name for a minute. Use the religiously historical meaning behind it.” Mom told me.

“Mom if you’re talking about that all legend of Lilith being Adam’s first wife I’m not buying it. You would have to be immortal.” I told her.

“No, I’m not immortal Ashley. Just a direct descendant of hers.” Mom told me as she unfolded a pair of dragon wings from her back. “You see Ashley. You are not half human but half dragoniod, and half fallen angel.”

“Oh shit.” I whispered. Mom’s little show-n-tell just changed the situation. I knew from my self-study of the ancient legends that Archangels did have the authority to sit in judgement of dragonoids. With me being both half dragoniod and half fallen angel meant they had the authority to pass judgement on me. Talk about a fucked situation.

“Get to the point Michael. What do you want?” Lucifer demanded.

“Before your child can assume their rightful place at your side. They must pass a set of trials. Fourteen in all.” Michael told us with a grin.

“One for each virtue and sin. All designed to test my child’s true nature.” Mom said with a heavy sigh then snarled. “Damn you all to the darkest pits of the Abyss. We had a deal. No interference from either side.”

“Things have changed Lilith. The treaty between Heaven and Hell that we have worked so hard to protect is being threatened by outside forces that want Chaos to rule. Your child can be used by those forces to upset the balance that we have strived so hard to protect. So long as he remains natural he is a threat to that balance.” Michael told her. “Your child must be judged.”

“Let me get this straight. Because some assholes are threatening your peace treaty you’re here to judge me. Well, you can go fuck yourselves. I won’t chose a side. The only person I answer to is me.” I snarled only to have both Lucifer and Michael laugh. “What are they laughing about mom?”

“You just reminded your father and uncle of the one thing that all non-supernatural beings have that they do not. Free-will is an amazing thing. A gift bestowed on us by the Gods.” Lilith told him honestly. “Remember this fact during your upcoming trials Ashley. It will be the only thing that will allow you to keep your humanity. You might be the child of a dragonoid and angel, but you were born like myself. Not created by one of the gods.”

“What would happen if I refused to part take in these trials?” I asked.

“They will happen with or without your consent Ashley.” Mom told me honestly as she glared at Michael and Lucifer. “Both Heaven and Hell will challenge your sense of self. How you react to those challenges will decide which side will have control over your power.”

“Yeah well. They can both kiss my ass. I’m out of here.” I snarled then glared at both my father and uncle. “This mediation is over. Goodbye daddy. It was nice meeting you after all this time but do me a favor. Stay gone and out of life. The same goes for you Uncle Mikey. Oh, and Uncle Ralf. If I see your sorry ass any time soon. I’ll fill it with rock salt.”

With that I stormed off as my mother just sighed and the angels laughed. As I dressed I overheard mom telling off Lucifer and Michael. “I suggest that you put your plans for Ashley in the trashcan gentlemen. He won’t participate in your trials. No matter what you want.”

“He doesn’t have a choice Lilith. I suggest that you explain this to him using clear and precise words. Because for every trial he refuses to part take in. He will paid a price.” Michael warned her.

“My people will withdraw our trials Lilith.” Lucifer told her before turning to Michael. “Do us both a favor brother. Stop this foolishness now before you make an enemy of my child. Because he won’t hold back. I have watched over him from a distance. He is slow to anger, but once that anger is unleashed even I fear his Word.”

Chapter 5
A frank talk with mom.
Saturday, 01:35.

I don’t know what happened after that point because I was too busy with more immediate concerns. Namely how was I going to hide three very distinctive appendages that most people don’t have. Namely wings and a tail. That’s right I said tail. I was a little too busy earlier, to notice that I had grown a tail on top of wings while dealing with my father and the angels.

“Flex your shoulder muscles while folding them against your back.” Mom told me as she walked up to me. “Don’t worry your dragon tail will withdraw at the same time as your wings. Here watch me.”

I watched my mother closely as she turned her back to me. Until now I hadn’t realized that she also had a tail. She folded her wings back against her spine then flexed her shoulder muscles. To my surprise her wings disappeared into hidden folds of skin along her back. Her tail curled up and slipped into a pocket just above her hips. Taking a deep breath, I followed her example. It felt wired as my wings and tail disappeared into my back.

“Thanks mom.” I told her as I pulled on my pants and shirt. “Mom were you ever going to tell me that you were a dragonoid?”

“Honestly Ashley, no. I was hoping that you never came into your heritage. As either a dragonoid or angel. It was my hope that by baptizing you in the name of Mother Goddess Danu it would seal away your heritage.” Mom told me as she pulled on her dress and sandals. “Things didn’t go the way I planned.”

“Ya’ think?!” I snarked before reigning in my smartass bone. “Sorry mom.”

“You’re forgiven Ashley. I should have told what I was trying to do. Hell, I should have told you about all of this.” She told me with a smile.

“No biggie mom. Even if you had told me about all of this. I wouldn’t have believed you.” I told her honestly. “Can we continue this at home?”

“Sure honey.” As we drove home we had no traffic. Not surprising as it was almost two in the morning. Once we were home and inside the house mom did something I wasn’t expecting. She stripped in the middle of the living room then displayed her wings and tail. “Ah. I feel so much more comfortable. Go on honey. So long as you’re at home you can be your true self.”

Not knowing what else to do, I followed her example. As I flexed my shoulder muscles my tail and wings extended. To my surprise I did feel more comfortable with them on display. The feeling of relief made me feel guilty.

“How long have you been waiting until I went to bed each night just so you could relax mom?” I asked.

“Since you were three Ashley. When you were a baby you used to play with my tail.” Mom giggled then turned sad. “I had to start hiding what I was when you started talking. I was afraid that you would spill my secret.”

“Okay, I can understand your reasons for that mom.” Told her as I looked at the floor in shame. “Still, you should have shown me sooner mom.”

“I thought about telling you more than once. There were even a few times where you almost caught me.” Mom told me with a chuckle then asked with a toothy grin. “You want to see a full transformation Ashley?”

“What do you mean a full transformation mom?” I asked in confusion.

“This is not my true form.” She told me as her skin was covered in bright red scales, and a pair of horns grew from her forehead. Those weren’t the only changes. I watched as her feet shifted so that she was standing on the balls of feet and toes. Only her toes were now claws as were her fingers. With the exception of her face my mother looked a mixture of a human woman and a European dragon. “This is my true form.”

“Holy shit.” I gasped and slowly walked around her. Everywhere I looked I didn’t see my mother. I saw this sexy humanoid dragon. “Mom I know this is going to sound disrespectful, but do you think I can do that?”

“I’m sorry Ashley, but no. You see you’re only half dragonoid. Your angel half blocks the full transformation. It is why you have a dragonoid’s tail with an angel’s wings. Thou that might change as the trials progress.” Mom told me wearily. “And yes the Heaven Virtues are going to test you Ashley. They don’t care about your feelings in this matter.”

“What is their major malfunction mom? What part of leave me alone don’t they understand? Wasn’t I clear about not taking sides?” I snarled.

“Ashley it is their duty to test and judge all supernatural beings. The most powerful are angels, fallen angels, devils, and dragonoids. Until you were born most half dragonoids were half human and had now power at all. Because of this fact they were never tested. Because you’re half fallen angel you’re a very real threat to the hierarchies in both Heaven and Hell. Mostly because of the blood that runs through your veins. As a direct descendant of Lilith your power was already dangerous. When you add in your father’s blood. Things get complicated.” Mom told me.

“Complicated she says.” I sighed then chuckled. “Okay mom let’s back up things up a little bit. First, how is it you’re a descendant of Lilith? I thought that all of her children were succubae. Or did I miss something?”

“You missed a big something. While Lilith was Adam’s first wife and banished from the Garden. She was not human in the traditional sense. During Lilith’s later wonderings she came across the dragons. In her loneliness she transformed herself into a dragon. In the hopes of finding a life mate. Which she did. With her first clutch she gave birth to dragonoids.” Mom told me with a sad smile. “Unlike her other children we were not cursed to walk the world as demons. We were also imbued with freewill. As such we are mortal. Mortals with incredibly long lives.”

“How long?” I asked her.

“Let’s just say that I was a teenager during the American Civil War.” Mom told me with smirk. At my look of shock my giggled. “Ashley dragonoids are still dragons. Despite our humanoid appearance most of the time. Believe it or not Ashley by my race’s standards I’m barely middle aged.”

“Holy shit mom.” I gasped then my smart ass bone just had to kicked in. “You know mom for a middle aged woman. You’re still a MILF.”

“Why thank you darling.” Mom smirked much to my confusion. “Ashley there is one thing you should know about dragonoids and dragons in general. We’re an extremely vain race kiddo. Why do you think you’ve never had any problems with humility. Then again, you got nothing to be embarrassed about. I must say. Even for a dragonoid you’re rather well endowed.”

“I think I can honestly said that I inherited that from my father.” I told her with a smirk of my own. “Thou I am wondering about not being embarrassed with being naked in front of those Archangels and Fallen Angels earlier.”

“That is your father’s influence. After all His Word is Pride.” Mom chuckled.

“Okay mom what exactly is a Word? The way you and Michael used the term. I don’t think it means the same thing as normal.” I asked her in confusion.

“Archangels are all associated with what is known as a Word of Power. Examples of these are Pride, Hope, Wrath, and Love. All Words of Power are defined by emotions at the time of an angel’s birth. In your case. The most prominent emotion at the time of your rebirth was a desire for vengeance. You wanted to punish Gabriel for insulting me. Thus, your Word of Power is Vengeance.”

“Is that why my feathers are more like weapons than actual feathers?” I asked her after a little thought.

“Most likely. In many ways your dragonoid heritage affected your rebirth. We are a prickly race to begin with. Much like our cousins.” Mom explained for me. “Though to tell the truth. Unlike actual dragons, dragonoids are a very warlike race. We live for conflict.”

“So, being associated with the Word vengeance is a good thing in my case?” I asked mom in confusion.

“Normally I wouldn’t say no. However, in your case having Vengeance as your Word of Power is a good thing. As a half dragonoid you will be naturally drawn to battle. The main reason behind most fights taking place is because of one side offending another.” Mom explained for me. “Why do you think you were most often picked as the student mediator at your school? Because you innately understand the need for combat.”

“I never really thought about it mom. I mean sure I’ve always been able to talk most people into seeing reason, but there have always been times when some asshole that want to push matters with me.” I told her as I sat down on the footstool. “I do have a question. Would me being half dragonoid give me an affinity for the martial arts?”

“It is a natural ability for our kind. Though as a rule we do tend to avoid openly displaying our combat prowess. Which was why Raphael tried to extract that promise from you. That’s something else you need to be care of doing. Especially now that you have come into your heritage. As a supernatural creature promises are the same thing as a binding spell.” Mom told me as she stretched out on the lounger.

“Is that why I always felt a distrust of making promises? Especially ones that I knew I wouldn’t or couldn’t keep.” I asked her.

“Most probably.” She told me.

“Thanks mom. I know that the Seven Heavenly Virtues are going to test me. What can I look forward to?” I asked.

“They will each devise a test that revolves around their Word.” Mom told me before explaining what that meant. Needless to say, I wasn’t happy.

“Mom what would happen if I refused to participate?” I asked her.

“You won’t have a choice dear. If you refused to participate you will automatically fail. As a result, you and I will be cast down into the pits of Hell with your father.” She told me.

“Why would you be punished for something I did?” I asked her.

“One of the Ten Commandments is Honor thy Mother and Father. Because your Father is the Archangel Lucifer and is already in Hell. I am the one who is held responsible for your actions.” She explained.

“In other words, we’re in a Catch twenty-two of Mythological proportions.” I sighed. “The only question is which one of the Virtues will challenge me first. Going in order of lowest to highest it should be Sariel the archangel of the virtue of Kindness.”

“They won’t come at you in order. It will be decided by a roll of God’s Dice kiddo. Contrary to Albert Einstein the Big Guy does love to gamble with the fates of those beneath Him.” Mom told me then chuckled at my blank look. “Sorry old family joke. One that you had to be there for.”

“Whatever mom.” I sighed then yawned. “Damn I haven’t been up this late in a long time. At least I have a better grasp of what is going on. I just wish I had some kind of warning before this all started.”

“That was one of the conditions in the deal I struck with Lucifer and Michael. I was never to reveal your true nature.” Mom explained for me.

“Mom what was this deal you keep talking about?”

“It all goes back to the day I found out that I was pregnant. Michael and Lucifer appeared before me outside of my OB/GYN’s office. Michael wanted me to give you up to the Church for them to raise you. Needless to say, your father Lucifer wasn’t about to let that happen. Lucifer want to have one of his most trusted human servants raise you. To end their argument. I proposed an alternative. I would raise you with no interference by either side. They both agreed but with conditions. One of which was that I was to never reveal my true nature to you. Another was to keep your true nature hidden. If there was ever a danger of you discovering your true nature I was to seal away your power.” She told me with a heavy sigh.

“Then my baptism was actually an attempt to seal my power?” I asked her.

“Yes. Only for some reason the spell failed.” She sighed. “I just don’t know why. I spent months preparing that spell.”

“I think I know why mom. Remember when Archangel Michael said that outside forces are working towards upsetting the balance?” I asked her.

“There is always some powerful supernatural dipshit trying to restart the war between Heaven and Hell.” Mom snarked.

“That is beside the point mom. During the ceremony I felt a power that wasn’t aligned with either Heaven or Hell interfering. I could feel it actually forcing my true nature to emerge.” I told her.

“Can you describe this power?” Mom asked me.

“Not really. It was unlike anything I felt from either Lucifer and his Sins or Michael and his Virtues. It felt like an unnatural combination of both sin and virtue. Does that make any sense?” I told her.

“It was the Mother Goddess Danu. She abhors those who would hide their true selves. I should have known better.” She told me before yawning. “Damn look at the time. It’s almost four in the morning. Look why don’t we pick this up later. After we’ve both gotten some sleep.”

“Sounds good to me. See you in the morning mom.” As I stood up, heading for the stairs. I stopped when I noticed that she was curling up on the lounger. “Are you going to sleep there mom?”

“It takes me a while to revert to my human form after a full transformation. It’s just easier for me to sleep down here. It’s one of the reasons you’ve found me asleep on the lounger some mornings.” She told me with a grin. “I would suggest that you sleep on the floor tonight. At least until you get used to the idea of having wings and a tail now.”

“Okay… what does that mean?” I asked her.

“With those feathers you stand a good chance of shredding your mattress.” Mom told me as she pointed to my wings then towards my tail. “That barb on the end of your tail isn’t there for looks kiddo. It is a real weapon. One that can kill an angel or devil. It is strong enough and sharp enough to punch through the side of a tank with a causal flick of your tail.”

“Oh man. Any other tips?” I asked her.

“That is enough for tonight. Come down when you’re ready.” Mom told and rolled onto her stomach. I wanted to chuckle as she pulled her legs up to her chest and wrapped her tail around them. In seconds she was asleep.

-----tbc-----

To all of the readers here at BC. I am sorry for my long absence. As a few of you know I have been dealing with a sensitive health issue in RL involving my daughter. She now on the mend and I'm back to writing. I may not return to Elven Question for a while but I will return to it in the future.

up
289 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good to see

Good to see you back! I'm glad to hear your daughter is recovering!

Thank you.

wolfjess7's picture

It has been a while but I'm writing again. As for my daughter. She is back to being her old mischievous self. You actually have her to thank for this newest story. She was bored on Monday and went digging through my old notebooks. She found this story and asked why I never finished it. Needless to say I have been working to finish it for her. She wants to find out how the story ends.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

LOL

Thank you Daughter of Wolfjess!!! =D

- Leona

Lucifer's daughter

Happy to hear things in RL are looking up for you. This looks like a very promising start I can hardly wait for part 2

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Glad your daughter is doing

Glad your daughter is doing better.
This story has a different flavor to your other ones but I like it.
Love your stories.

A step away from the semi

Beoca's picture

A step away from the semi-realism of the DD universe, to say the least (and I mainly put semi in there for the dragons of New Holland, because beyond that the realism is very high as sci-fi goes). Delighted to see you back at it and writing, Jessie. Best of wishes regarding your daughter, hopefully she makes a full and complete recovery.

This chapter was an intriguing start to an intriguing story. The trials to come look to potentially offer an interesting chance to comment on the base natures of hell and heaven alike. One other thing, but I'll send that via DM.

Hugs...!

tmf's picture

Hugs and Love for you, your daughter and all the family.
Sending positive energy too.

Peace tmf

Peace, Love, Freedom, Happiness
Hope & Health

Interesting premise. I can

Interesting premise. I can see where it was an older story of yours, but I'm looking forward to more of it as time passes.

Hope you and your family continue to do well.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Price of Hell

Ha Ha. Priceless.

Looking forward to future chapters.

Carla

PS. Need another round of spell check. Give me contact info to send an updated version. I use MSWord, with changes enabled.

"May you live in Interesting Times" is a promise, not a threat!

Interesting plot line

Glad you are back to share your talents with us.

This was a lot longer than most opening chapters of stories on BC, but really set the tone and characters. Looking forward to more when you are ready.

A new Wolfjess Story!

Time to get comfy and settle in for a good read.

*/em grabs their favorite drink and gets ready to read a tale of ... *

- Leona

I'm with Daughter here.

This is a fun premise and I too want to see where it may be heading off towards. I'll be looking forwards to updates on this one.

How is your lovely child handling her recovery and 'new norm'? I hope it has not been too rough on her.

- Leona

Tasty Treat

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Was scrolling to see if anything new had popped up, or further chapters of stories I've been following. If I didn't find anything, I was gonna visit Lana, Denise, and Annette, but this may be the Tasty Treat I was looking for. Grovetown will just have to wait until I get thru the published chapters of this one!