Ambushed Part. 11

Printer-friendly version

April was traveling down the interstate from Striker’s ranch. She informed Striker what she was doing and how long it should take her to arrive. Jerry had installed a tracking device on her car and the one she was wearing as well. She was following the GPS unit in her car.

She looked over the chemical breakdown of the drug Monica had sent her. She didn’t recognize the chemical breakdown, but if Monica had a large enough sample of the drug. She could use her ability to separate it into its components.

She was listening to her favorite radio station and enjoying the drive. Most of the time, she stayed home and took care of the ranch. However, a mission came up that required her unique knowledge and skills.

She stops at a gas station to grab a drink and continues toward Nord Testing Services. She finally arrives with twenty minutes to spare. She finds a place to park and walks towards the plain-looking building. The place blended in with the surrounding area, and you would never suspect that it was a high-tech testing lab.

As April walks into the building, she spots the reception desk. She walks up to the two young women sitting at the desk.

“I’m here to see Doctor Monica Bannon.” April noticed the eyes of the young woman she was talking to looked like she had the type of eyes cats have.

“Can I ask who you are please?” Kato looked at the dirty blonde hair woman.

“Inform her that April Greene has arrived. I have a meeting with her at ten o’clock.” April notices the other young woman working with the one she was talking to had icy blue highlights in her hair. She also noticed she had fair skin and a nose ring.

Dr. Bannon's Lab:
Monica was still going over the samples she and Dr. Araiza have been examining since the good doctor brought them into her lab. While they are looking at the samples, the intercom buzzes. Monica looks up and walks over to her desk and presses a button “Yes?”

“Dr. Bannon, this is Kato up at reception. I have a person who says they are here to see you.”

“What is their name, Kato?”

“The person said her name is April Greene.”

Monica looks at the clock in her lab and notices it was nine forty-five. A smile appears on her face “I’m on my way.”

“Okay, Doctor.”

Kato looks at Ms. Greene “Doctor Bannon is on her way up.”

“Thank you.” April looks around the reception area. She notices that there wasn’t much to it. She also notices all the hidden security cameras, mics, and other surveillance items that recorded who was waiting.

Monica makes her way toward the reception area and spots her friend April waiting. She noticed that April was wearing a nice-cut dress that showed off her curves and matched her eyes. The top portion of the dress looked like it allowed air to breeze through.

“April, thank you for coming up.” Monica stops near April.

April turns around when she hears Monica’s voice. A smile forms on her motherly-looking face “Thanks for inviting me, Monica.”

April walks over and hugs her friend. She hasn’t seen Monica since the event in Huston. She notices Monica hasn’t changed much, except for a new hairstyle.

Monica returns April’s hug and steps back to look at her. She couldn’t believe how fit and curvy her friend looked “Ranch life seems to suit you. How are things going in your life?”

“Fine. How is Jeff doing? Is he still in the security business?” Monica knew April has been living with Jeff for a long time and also knew April loved Jeff as well.

A smile appears on April’s face the supposed security company Jeff owns, was a cover that Striker used for the activities that the group did. No one outside of the ranch knew what they did.

“It’s doing well. He and his crew are currently working on an important case.”

“That’s good. Well, let's go to my lab so you can do that voodoo you do so well.” Monica hopes April will be able to identify the unknown plant.

“Lead the way.”

Monica escorts April to her lab. When she walks in, the two women notice Dr. Araiza studying the chemical breakdown of the drugs.

“April, I would like you to meet Dr. Araiza.” Monica introduces her to the good doctor.

April looks at the dark hair doctor and holds her hand out.

Dr. Araiza shakes April’s hand “It’s nice to meet you.”

“And you.” April returns the handshake.

“I hope you can identify something for us, April.” Monica looks at her friend hoping she can help.

“Well, why don’t you show me what got you mystified and I’ll see if I can help.” This piqued April’s curiosity.

Monica escorts April over to the big computer screen and shows her the sample they have been trying to figure out. She enlarges the sample breakdown so Monica could show how it pops up in everything they had.

“As you can see, April. It shows up in everything that we confiscated from a dealer/nightclub owner.” Monica shows April everything they were analyzing.

April looks at it and could see how it was in several different chemicals that affected the body in different ways. Then she wonders what the purpose was for some of these drugs and others, she wonders why they made them. There was one that caught her eye that she knew Striker would want to know about. They encountered a person who had taken it.

“I don’t recognize the chemical breakdown. However, if you have enough samples, I could use my ability to cause it to grow from a large enough sample.”

“What do you mean, to grow?” Dr. Araiza looks at April when she says that.

A smirk appears on April’s face when she looks at Monica “You didn’t tell her?”

“I thought you could show her. Most people believe what they see than being told.” Monica figures Doctor Araiza might be amazed.

“I can cause things, mostly plants to grow. However, I normally start with a seed and do it that way.” April knew her ability works better with a seed.

“Okay, you sound like you have a superpower.” Dr. Araiza has never seen anyone do what Ms. April was talking about.

“I would say a gift. If you have a large enough sample that I could work with. I could cause whatever is making that appear.” April hopes her ability will work.

“We have five patches that contain a strong dose of chemicals on them. Will that be enough?” Dr. Araiza knew she could get more from Sparrow.

“That should be enough.” April hopes.

“How do you want to do this?” Monica looks at her friend.

“I have some things out in my car that should work. If you don’t mind me going out and getting them. I can try.”

“I’ll help you.” Dr. Araiza was curious”

“Alright, let’s go and get everything.”

Dr. Araiza and April go out to her car and bring in several ceramic pots filled with a special blend of soil she uses at the greenhouse. Dr. Araiza looks at them and wonders what the dirt consists of.

“Is this a special blend or something?” As Dr. Araiza watches April push a cart with the pots on it.

“Yes, it’s a very special formula I made that I use at my greenhouse.”

When they get back into the lab. April puts the five patches in one pot.

“Alright, let’s hope this works.” April sends her ability into the pot and searches for the molecule.

Once she locks onto it, she causes it to merge with the other patches and grow. It was taking a lot of her concentration and power to make the plant grow.

“I’ll be damn. I have never seen anything like this before.” Dr. Araiza watches as little sprouts start popping up off the patches. They start merging and forming a plant that keeps growing.

Monica was amazed as well. She has never seen April use her ability before. She knew April had a gift, but she didn’t understand it. She watches as a weird-looking flower starts forming and growing.

When April feels the plant forming and growing, she stops using her ability. She looks at the beautiful flower forming before them. She has never seen anything like it before. She causes several seeds to drop into her hand from the plant and place them in the other three pots and get them to start growing.

“April, does your ability tell you what this plant is?” Monica looks at April for an answer.

“Unfortunately, no it doesn’t.” April looks at the weird flower and wonders where it came from.

“Looks like we have more work ahead of us.” Monica now knew what the flower looked like.

“Let me send a picture of this to Sparrow and her crew.” Dr. Araiza snaps several pictures of the plant and sends them to Sparrow and her crew.

“I’ll run it through the plant database and see if the computer can identify it.” Monica takes a snapshot and feeds it into the computer and starts searching for it.

April walks over to the plant and uses her ability to try at least to understand more about it. She might not be able to tell what it is, but she could find out what it needs to survive and how long it takes to grow.

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Garden

BarbieLee's picture

I need April to help me out with my garden.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
When we finally learn everything we realize we know nothing.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

A good chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

I wonder what the plant is? Most likely a tropical & rare plant.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.