Ambushed Part. 4

Printer-friendly version

Nord Testing Services, Downtown San Antonio, Texas:
“Well, this is interesting.” Monica looks at the results appearing on her computer monitor.

She had taken a sample from the patches that Dr. Azaria had brought in and placed it in the gas chromatograph. Since the one she was using could do four samples at a time. She placed a sample from the second patch to compare them.

Dr. Azaria was looking at what Monica was looking at. She couldn’t believe the results of the scan. It appeared that the two were identical, but of different strengths. However, there was one element that couldn’t be identified.

“They are identical, but of different strengths.” Dr. Azaria wonders who came up with the formula for the chemical mixture.

“Yes, but did you notice that there was one item it couldn’t identify?” Dr. Azaria spotted it right away.

“I know.” Monica clicks on the unknown molecule to see its breakdown of it.

Dr. Azaria watches as the breakdown appears. It was a naturally made molecule.

“If this is naturally made, what made it?” Monica was curious because it couldn’t be identified.

“Don’t know, but look at the breakdown of it. It has a plant-based structure to it.” Dr. Azaria noticed how the cells were structured.

“Look here.” Monica clicks on another known item.

Dr. Azaria watches as the item expands. She notices it was an element that causes the pleasure center in a person to be stimulated and causes them to become an addict.

“This is how they are hooking these women on these patches.” Monica notices the high level of dosage.

“No wonder my patient is having a hard time fighting off the effects.” Dr. Azaria if anything could be done to help Scout.

“I can whip together a counter agent to neutralize the effects. However, your patient might be weak after taking it.” Monica knew she could put together a shot to neutralize the effects of the element.

“Why will they be weak?” Dr. Azaria looks at Monica for an answer.

“Because their body has gotten used to it and is still operating on the effects. This shot will cause them to purge the drug from their system and bring them down fast.”

“Like turning off a light?”

“Yes, exactly.”

“Could you lessen the effects slowly, instead of instantly?” Dr. Azaria was thinking it might be hard on Scout’s system.

“Yes, over a series of shots. However, do you want the person cured now or later?’ Monica watches Dr. Azaria.

“Can you do anything about the physical alterations those patches did to the person's body?”

“Nope, whatever has been done is permeant. The only thing that can be done is to have plastic surgery to undo what was done to them.” Monica didn’t see any other way to undo the changes except surgery.

“Alright, let’s put together the instant shot. I don’t think my patient’s body can withstand what she is going through much longer.” Dr. Azaria was worried about Scout.

“Okay, I’ll see if I can develop a way to lessen the effects.”

“Thank you.” Dr. Azaria had a feeling they were going to need a lot of the medicine to help other women.

Monica puts together enough counteragent for two shots. She makes sure the chemicals she uses aren’t harmful to the patient. When she is done, she hands the needles to Dr. Azaria.

“Your patient will only need one of these. If you give them a second shot, it will be detrimental to their system.”

“Thanks, Monica.”

“You’re welcome. Let me see if I can come up with a lesser version of this counter-agent. I have a feeling you are going to need it.”

“I think you are right.”

Dr. Azaria calls a cab to pick her up a few doors down from the lab. She grabs an iced coffee from a nearby coffee shop while she is waiting. She hopes the counteragent isn’t too hard on Scout’s system.

Scout’s Safe House:
Gwen was checking on Charly, while Falcon was watching the neighborhood. The safe house had access to a bunch of surveillance cameras Charly had set up around the neighborhood. Falcon was impressed that Charly had managed to bug the whole neighborhood. Not only did Charly set up surveillance cameras, but she managed to break into people’s WIFI systems.

As Falcon is watching the activities in the neighborhood. She spots a cab coming to their location. She spots Dr. Azaria getting out of the cab.

“Gwen, Dr. Azaria has returned.” Falcon gets up to meet Dr. Azaria at the door.

The ride back to Scout’s safe house didn’t take long. Dr. Azaria pays the cab driver when he stops at Scout’s safe house.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, ma’am.”

Dr. Azaria watches as the cab leaves. After it has left the neighborhood. She walks towards the front door and as she approaches it. It opens and she spots Falcon standing there.

“I take it you got some good news?” Falcon looks at Dr. Azaria as she walks into the place.

“Yes, but Scout might not like the effects.”

“Well, she is still out of it. So, maybe she won’t experience it so badly.” Falcon just wants her friend back.

“Maybe.” Dr. Azaria walks into the bedroom where she left Charly.

She spots Gwen sitting by the bed and looking at Scout’s unconscious body. She was keeping an eye on her girlfriend. She spots Falcon and Dr. Azaria walking into the room “did find out what is affecting her?”

“Yes, but the changes that have been done to her body can’t be undone, without surgery. I do have a shot here that will counter the drug in her system.” Dr. Azaria walks over to Charly’s body and gives her the shot.

“Do you think it will work?” Gwen was concerned.

“We’ll find out soon.” As Dr. Azaria watches Charly for any signs of her waking up.

Falcon, Gwen, and Dr. Azaria watch as Charly’s body starts shaking. It looked like it she was having a fit.

“Is that supposed to happen?” Gwen was moving towards the bed.

Falcon holds Gwen back “let's see what happens.”

Charly’s body stops shaking after a few seconds. A low moan could be heard escaping from her lips. Charly slowly opens her eyes and looks at the three women gathered around her bed.

“What has happened to me.” Charly was feeling her body slowing down and the strong desire she has been feeling was fading away.

“Just rest, Charly. We’ll talk later.” Dr. Azaria was relieved that Charly seemed to be better.

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm glad Charlie seams better

Samantha Heart's picture

But what is the compound that was unidentifiable that causes great concern. Plant based but what plant & what was it mixed with? That is the $10,000 question that needs answers and fast plus who is manufacturing these patches.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.